What Is SAP Business One?
SAP Business One is designed for all your small and midsize company's needs. The application offers an affordable way to manage your entire business from accounting and financials, purchasing, inventory, sales and customer relationships, and project management, to operations and HR. SAP Business One helps you to streamline processes and gain a greater insight into your business to help drive profitable growth. Let us calculate the cost for your business today!
Who Uses SAP Business One?
SAP Business One is designed specifically for small & midsize businesses active within consumer products, industrial machinery and components, professional services, retail & wholesale distribution.
Not sure about SAP Business One?
Compare with a popular alternative
SAP Business One
Other great alternatives to SAP Business One
Reviews of SAP Business One
Easy to use with almost complete functionality
Comments: Easy-to-use ERP System with not-so-complicated functionalities.
SAP Business One is an ERP System that is designed for Small and Medium Entities. With a highly interactive Graphical User Interface (GUI), it allows users to easily navigate the system within a few minutes of using it. Another good feature of SAP Business One is how it divided the different business functions by modules which allow a point-and-click capability to users. Unlike its more complex counterpart, SAP All-in-One, SAP Business One removed the need to use T-codes which is a huge advantage for users who are not particular in memorizing hundreds of codes to process transactions. With that in mind, SAP Business One still covers almost all of the fundamental business process of entities along with the capability to be customized using Table and Fields Management Queries.
Considering that it is an ERP Software, the adaption of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is not fully maximized. Users that are particular in accounting might notice that some of the journal entries are not in accordance with the applicable standard in their country. This is due to the fact that there's only a limited option when it comes to the Chart of Account to be used as well as the customization of accounts.
SAP business one simplifies organization management
Comments: SAP in the workplace helps us to organize our files and reduce the amount of paper we use. We are able to successfully plan for the future of our company by using information from our sap business software. Our efficiency has increased because to Sap's business features.
The reporting tools in SAP Business One are fantastic, and I highly recommend them. I am able to create reports on a wide range of subjects, which has really aided my performance monitoring and decision-making. Sap business one has made it much simpler for us to run our company. Assist us in keeping track of our stock and making sure we don't waste money on unneeded expenses.
The Human Resources Management subfield is a little corner of the business world. There is less emphasis on production planning when compared to SAP's All-in-One Software. In addition, accessibility via mobile devices presents a number of difficulties.
Not bad, could be better
Simple design, easy to get the hang of using. Keeps invoicing and accounting organized. I can do everything in one place: entering card payments, ACH, check deposits, invoicing, collections, and customer credit holds, etc.
It has slow days and glitches/crashes monthly. Our IT guy is always having to reboot the server. Looks a bit outdated. Every hour it freezes for a few minutes on the top of the hour. Sometimes I am in the middle of a payment at this moment, and it processes the customers card, but doesn't post the payment in their SAP customer account and it's a pain to refund and rerun the card. I now avoid doing payments from 1:00-1:03, 2:00-2:03 etc.
Powerful but expensive system
Comments: The system is great, and it can basically do anything you need it to do from a financial perspective if you take the time to customize it to your needs.
SAP is a very powerful system with a great deal of capabilities. The problem is that so much customization is needed to get the system to where you want it. The implementation team worked with SAP to customize the system, but without having in-house SAP experts, the customization team didn't know exactly what add-ons and customizations were needed. I think more work is necessary on the front end for businesses and SAP implementation specialists to plan what the company needs SAP to do for them.
The system is very expensive and only makes sense for very large companies. All ad-ons are extra, so the original quoted price is vastly different from the price once the system is completely rolled out and implemented. Not enough assistance was provided by SAP in the implementation phase, so we were paying for things that weren't utilized to their full capacity.
One of the best ERPs in the Market for Small and Medium Sized Companies
Comments: Overall, I love SAP Business One and I am glad I got into this career. It's a fulfilling career to be able to help transform lives using technology.
- I have been a SAP Consultant for over 6 years now and I have seen how the system has transformed companies for the better. SAP Business One is a fully fledged ERP system that has all the functionalities you would need in an ERP system from financial management and reporting, Accounting, inventory management, Customer Relationship Management(CRM), Production, Full Supply chain management just to name a few of the main functionalities. - One of the strongest factors about SAP Business One has to be the customization capabilities. Let me talk about Addons. If a specific customer requirement cannot be met by SAP Business One, a developer develop an addon on top of SAP Business One to provide that specific functionality. For example, there is a client we had to develop 5 addons for since their business was quite unique and abit complex. At the end of the implementation, we had met al the requirements and the client was happy.- In terms of customization, SAP Business One provides tools like, user defined tables, user defined fields, queries, crystal reports, alerts, approvals, etc to help configure a company to their own unique specifications.-
Not many companies can afford SAP Business One in terms of the implementation cost and licensing cost. It's a huge lifetime investment so getting a client who is ready to make that switch from their legacy ERP is usually a lengthy process which involves a lot of financial considerations.
Software found in
- Inventory Management Software
- Capacity Planning Software
- Financial Management Software
- Distribution Software
- Small Business Manufacturing Software
- Auto Dealer Accounting Software
- Supply Chain Management Software
- Distribution Accounting Software
- Manufacturing Inventory Management Software
- Business Management Software