15 years helping Canadian businesses

About AWeber

Turn passive prospects into loyal customers with easy-to-use email marketing and automation tools and live 24/7 customer support.

Learn more about AWeber

Pros:

Feature I like the most that has recently launched on AWeber built-in landing page.

Cons:

Unable to crop or make any edits to photos in the software. Formatting for blocks sometimes was off when the email went out.

AWeber ratings

4.5

7.9/10

AWeber has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 304 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AWeber before?

Patty
Patty
CEO Virtual Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Aweber is a go-to email marketing platform

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Love the platform. It’s the only one I will use.

Pros:

Easy to get started and use. Support Staff is the best. Constantly upgrading and making the platform better. Have weekly training and informative emails featuring tips and tricks. Includes simple e-commerce functionality for landing pages.

Cons:

Can’t think of any. This is an awesome platform.

Randall
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Aweber is a must for small businesses.

Comments: I love Aweber and will continue to use all the features.

Pros:

AWeber lets you create the lists and you are able to design forms and landing pages that meet your website design. You don't have to augment your site to make your forms look right. That was critical to me. The push notifications, social media integrations, and automation made aWeber a game changer.

Cons:

Sometimes Aweber isn't offered as an integration possibility.

Use It - Better than Mailchimp

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Their support is better than Mailchimp. Yes, I said that. I think there was a time MC had support down pat, but Aweber always has someone available via their chat tool to help me.

Cons:

Their email editor until recently was pretty janky, but recent updates have really improved this.

Andy
Director in UK

Good value but UI not as good as Mailerlite

3.0 last week New

Comments: Aweber could be great if they made the user interface more simple IMO.

Pros:

Aweber has been around a long time and has a good reputation. It has a free plan so that you can test it out.

Cons:

I dislike the UI compared to similar software like mailerlite.

Adam
Full Stack Developer in Israel
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Campaign Management Tool

Pros:

AWeber is among the best email marketing automation tool. It has the best subscription plan and has PPC option.

Cons:

For me, I find no errors on this great email marketing tool.

Patrick
CMO in US

AWeber Delivers

Comments: I love being able to create, and having AWeber is like having the perfect assistant! Always on time, never late. Gives me the very best results everytime and doesnt create customer problems! AWeber is simply the BEST!

Pros:

I love everything about AWeber! Support is awesome! The tools are easy to use and there is an abundance of support materials and videos for DIY How to! I enjoy having an email responder that cares!

Cons:

I dont think there is anything negative to say about using AWeber! Everything I need to do is available in AWeber!

Jeffrey
President in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Great Customer Support

Comments: Excellent experience with Aweber. They have always answered our questions and even offered suggested articles that are so helpful.

Pros:

We have used Aweber for over 5 years and love their customer service. They have been able to help us with suggestions on landing pages, templates for broadcasts, and sign-up forms. They make it easy for a beginner to set this all up.

Cons:

Like everything they offer. Really can't think of any changes they could make.

Janet
Supply Chain Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

AWeber Is a Great Email Marketing Solution

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I am impressed by how reliable AWeber has been. AWeber has been easy to use, making it a great email marketing tool.

Cons:

I am impressed by everything about AWeber. AWeber is flawless.

Regina
Manager in US

Aweber: An excellent choice for enhanced contact Managment

Comments: AWeber is an excellent email marketing /contact management platform for those serious about growing their business. It's also not as expensive as some others in the marketing space.

Pros:

I love all the features that allow for segmenting and tagging of contacts. Aweber helps keep contacts from different opt-in forms together which allows for emailing what is appropriate for each contact.

Cons:

Aweber is a bit more costly than others like Mailchimp for those just getting started. It may be a little more technical as well.

Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Decent but Old

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like that AWeber is an established company that feels steady.

Cons:

It also feels like it hasn't been updated in some time. AWeber is not intuitive and it is lacking some of the features that other email companies offer. The pricing was solidly in the middle of competitors.

Dominic
Owner in US

Aweber Review

Comments: I love that we can have automation when someone opts in to an offer we can have a series of emails to send out to them on a consistent basis. Also is great to send out a blast periodically to all clients/patients at once to keep them informed of announcements or offers.

Pros:

It's relatively easy to use and also integrates with most other platforms that I use. It's well known and has been around for many years. It's one of the simplest email marketing software that I have used so far. I like the fact that they are continuously improving the product. I like the drag and drop builder. Easy breezy!

Cons:

There is nothing that I don't like. It is a great product.

Kiva
A in Netherlands
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Excellent software at a great price

Pros:

I've tested many marketing software applications like this and Aweber stands out among them for a few reasons. They have top-notch customer service that is really helpful and they really care. And it shows because they actually offer phone support, something so few marketing software companies actually do. Aweber has a ton of features and their pricing is excellent for what you get. It is also super easy to use and to set up and overall it is designed in a really intuitive way.

Cons:

It could have better reporting features and a nicer interface, but neither of those are big issues.

AWeber Response

3 years ago

Thank you so much for the review, Kiva! If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

Frank
Editor in US
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

Aweber customer service is the best

Comments: Highly satisfactory

Pros:

Fantastic customer service. Reps are bright, knowledgeable, and very interested in solving my problems.

Cons:

There is nothing I can think of at present

Laura
Coach in UK
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Good value

Comments: I chose this on the recommendation of my VA who noted the list segmentation was excellent for my business. Excellent customer care for questions.

Pros:

Fairly easy to use, can segment list to organise contacts into categories of interest for relevant contact, a lot of good customer support and training.

Cons:

It is a learning curve getting started (for a non-techie) - but otherwise nothing to deter future use and loyalty.

Richard
Owner in UK

Makes life easier

Comments: First class, the support is great and on hand 24hrs a day. Its easy to see the best performing emails.

Pros:

the sign up forms are fast and easy to design and put on any website. it links in with facebook and twitter and social media. plus PayPal or stripe, so when a customer make a purchase they get added to the right mailing list and receive the automated email

Cons:

im unable to automate moving subscribers from one list to another when they finish a automation series

AWeber Response

5 years ago

Hi Richard, Thanks for your review! I noticed that you mentioned wanting to automatically move subscribers from one list to another when they complete an automation series. This is possible within AWeber, except you wouldn't need to move them from one list to another. Instead, you would keep them on the same list, and start them on a new automated series. Our support team can help you with this. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm. Brandon O.

Pedro
FREELANCER in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Alternative Aweber for those starting out.

Comments: Aweber is great, it has benefited me in many ways with my email campaigns. I know exactly who is opening my emails and clicking on referral links or sales pages in my automations. That way I can create accurate reports for non-interacting people or buyers and etc... This is a big help to increase your sales, because you can focus a strong campaign on the right people, just by looking at the reports generated by the tool. I have an excellent relationship with aweber, the first 3 months were tense, but she helped me to get the necessary results to continue in the fight.

Pros:

An extremely fantastic tool when it comes to email delivery. Incredible accuracy of my automations. Without a doubt it's one of the best I've ever used. A great help for those who are just starting out and don't have much capital to invest. Because aweber allows you to use and learn about the tool for free for 3 months. In addition to the company's integrity in providing knowledge to its customers and users, they fill their inbox with hundreds of emails almost daily, but it's just to inform about the tool and its features, free courses and lectures for better performance. aweber support is very good and fast, prompt service, they always solved problems for me immediately. Also, I used several free Landing Pages templates with fantastic layouts and almost automatic. I just needed to choose the model and just type a call to action. For everything, I recommend aweber, an outstanding service.

Cons:

Negative points about this tool, I don't have. But just an addendum, for those outside the US and needing to use the tool, it's a great idea while using the free months. But if you're setting up and collecting leads in your campaigns, no results. You may get frustrated, as the payment will be a little expensive, taking into account the dollar's value in relation to other countries. But on the whole, I have no criticisms about this software.

Carol
teacher/author in US
Primary/Secondary Education, Self Employed

Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!

Comments: Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros:

I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons:

I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

Kenny
Kenny
Self-employed in Belgium
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use email marketing platform

Comments: AWeber is easy to use and I've always received great support when I contacted their helpdesk. Usually got helped within minutes. I can tell the support agents and team really care about the customers. I would recommend AWeber if you're looking for a good email marketing platform that offers great email deliverability and customer support.

Pros:

I like how easy AWeber is to get started with. Everything is well-organized (lists, subscribers, tags...) and you can quickly have your email list ready to accept subscribers. I found other autoresponders or email marketing tools either too complicated or lacking features. AWeber keeps it easy for beginners and has quite some advanced features for the professional email marketer. It also has many integrations with other tools, which is good for the professionals.

Cons:

No cons here. I've been using this tool for over a decade. If I'm being picky, maybe some extra automations could be added, but so far I've been able to do all the things that are essential for my email business.

Elijah
Blogger-Digital Marketer in Fiji
E-Learning, Self Employed

My Honest AWeber Review!

Comments: Aweber is a wonderful alternative if you are just getting started with email marketing in your business. But, to be honest, you have a variety of options to select from, such as SendInBlue, Mailchimp, Systeme and others, so you can compare and discover which one is best for your business goals. I use Aweber to deliver emails to our premium clients as well as newsletter emails. Aweber features an easy-to-use interface that allows you to get up and running quickly.

Pros:

Aweber is one of the most user-friendly email marketing platforms I've come across. They've also been steadily enhancing the product, such as by adding new features like a landing page builder and push alerts. The software's high email deliverability rates are my favorite feature. Additionally, the 'Drag & Drop builder' allows you to easily generate emails. Apart from that, it is a list-based software with an easy-to-use interface.

Cons:

There are none that come to mind right now when it comes to its application for small businesses.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel
Programmer in France
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Awesome!

Pros:

It allows me to quickly create engaging emails with their drag-and-drop email builder. I also appreciate that I can track the success of my emails with their comprehensive reporting suite. Additionally, I love the variety of automated features like segmentation, list segmentation, and automation rules. All of these features make AWeber a great choice for businesses looking to maximize the impact of their email marketing campaigns.

Cons:

AWeber has some features that I found difficult to use. For example, I found the automation rules difficult to configure, and the interface was a bit overwhelming. Additionally, the customer service was not always helpful or responsive to my inquiries. I also found that some of the reporting was not very detailed and I was not able to access some of the data I needed.

Kreasan
Jnr HR Business Partner in South Africa
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Aweber is a game changer email campaigns tool. Easy to use.

Comments: By the best. Aweber takes the lead in streamlining email campaigns. Automation is achievable and it quite relatable.

Pros:

I want to start by passing my gratitude to the customer service team for their support all along. They have made integration especially during the initial set-up easy and fun. Well organized dashboard making customization and navigation quite easy. On the performance, for the period I have used Aweber, everything has worked well and for the few tough times, the customer service team has always been present to assist. Reliability is at top notch and accuracy of results is quite dependable. I highly recommend Aweber.

Cons:

Cool. I have not experienced much negativity with Aweber. It's difficulties are easy to fix.

Ismaël Huberson
Ismaël Huberson
Founder in Côte d’Ivoire
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Aweber

Pros:

Aweber is without a doubt one of the best email marketing tools.It is complete and easy to use.Ideal for creating email campaigns and landing pages.

Cons:

Aweber suits me to run my online business efficiently.

Simon
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Good beginner option for email marketing

Comments: Generally AWeber is a good solid piece of software and was ideal for the first stages of email marketing. I had no problems with it at all .Once you start getting more than 500 subscribers you have to make a decision on the features you need and pricing bands for other companies. AWeber is still very competitive at under $20/month, but other competitors have superior features.

Pros:

Price (free for first 500 subscribers), subscriber tagging, Wordpress plugin, landing pages and forms, Google Analytics

Cons:

At the time, the pricing for more than 500 subscribers didn't work for me so I switched products to ConvertKit

Jacob
Store Manager in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

AWeber is the secret that we experts use.

Comments: This software has doubled my results since I started using it.It is the greatest hack for pioneers who wants to grow their own companies fast.

Pros:

It has excellent dashboard and tools which are used to provide technical help to us as the users.Its low predictability structure and the high delivery rates have brought a great impact in my company.

Cons:

AWebers' customer service is always active and ready to help us.i am a happy user.

Olga Liliana
Olga Liliana
Freelance in Colombia
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

Revisión de Aweber

Pros:

Pros I just like the capability to look the stats on my campaigns and subscribers. They are compatible with most different softwares accessible. The cellphone app is pretty on hand, too. Their customer support is the first-rate I've discovered for an access stage plan for an e-mail autoresponder. Well, no longer the unfastened model, I do not think. But the lowest degree paid plan lets you call them as much as you like and they may be constantly very helpful. I experience assured that I can discern out anything I need to do as long as I can name them. Most different e mail carriers make you pay a lot more for that characteristic. This is probably the most important purpose I've stayed with Aweber

Cons:

Cons the have improve región where you compose the emails but there are still issues Whit It I continously ought to undero my emails. and do hard retursn on each líne to get the spacing accutare Also there troubles with transferring for the duration of the email text and adjusting the font sizes and so fort i'm constalytly going returned to the drop menú make certain the font is an appropiate zise as It does not do not forget what font size i decided on for the preceding parágraph maybe there's an área to adjust this