• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About AWeber Email Marketing

Turn passive prospects into loyal customers with easy-to-use email marketing and automation tools and live 24/7 customer support.

Learn more about AWeber Email Marketing

Carma S.
Author
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-22

"Long Time User -- Haven't Switched Yet"

Comments: I've been a member of Aweber for a very long time. They have been good to me and are quite affordable for all the features I receive.

Pros: Aweber is relatively easy to use and has most of the functions I need.

Cons: There are still some features that aren't available that make my life less easy than I'd like. However, I haven't found anything better so far.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-22
Lesley E.
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-29

"Brilliant For My Monthly Email To Subscribers"

Comments: I love that there is always someone there to help if you have any problems and it is sorted immediately.

Pros: Fantastic email templates. Very easy to add subscribers. Sending a monthly newsletter is now so simple.

Cons: There is nothing that I have found to be detrimental. It works extremely smoothly. I have tried many email senders & this is the best.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-29
Carol M.
teacher/author
Primary/Secondary Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-25

"Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!"

Comments: Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros: I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons: I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-25
Michelle D.
Owner, Massage Therapist
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-31

"Not Great for Small Business"

Comments: This was the first email marketing software that I used when I first opened my massage practice, based on the recommendation of someone who owned a much larger business. Turns out size matters when choosing an email marketing system. While it was great for my friend with a larger business, it was too simultaneously too much and not enough for my microbusiness

Pros: It offered a functional email marketing service that complied with the Can-Spam act

Cons: It was not intuitive to use and because I'm such a small business, I had the smallest/cheapest plan which gave me less functionality. I couldn't store images or create templates with my plan, which meant I had to recreate the wheel every time I sent an email.

by AWeber Communications on 2020-04-06

Hi Michelle. Thanks so much for your feedback. I see that it's been several years since you were a customer. I wanted to let you know that a lot has changed since then and the limitations you mentioned no longer exist (e.g., ability to store your own images, create templates, etc.). In fact, every customer has access to all features and functionality, regardless of their rate. We do not have pricing tiers that limit functionality. We hope you'll consider giving AWeber another try. We offer a 30-day free trial and would be happy to do a brief demo for you, if you'd like. - BO

• Reviewed on 2020-03-31
Jeremy H.
Internet Campus Pastor
Philanthropy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-05

"Aweber review from a long time user"

Comments: There is usually a free trial available to try Aweber. Aweber also plays nicely with WordPress and hundreds of other integrations.

Pros: I've been using Aweber for close to 10 years on and off. I've tried other similar programs such as Mail Chimp and Infusionsoft, but have always come back to Aweber as my autoresponder of choice. I know some of this may have to do with the fact that I learned their system first, but I also think they have a very simple interface and the layout seems logical to me.

Cons: The only con I can see is that cost increases the larger your list becomes. This may be OK in situations where the ROI increases as your list size increases, but could be a negative for non-profits who have calls to action that are not monetized.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-05
Ben T.
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-25

"From Hero to Zero"

Comments: It's a shame Aweber fell from our grace so monumentally. I'd been a loyal customer for several years, but when things went wrong they did so so disastrously and caused real damage to our business. When you're emailing thousands of people, technical glitches are not OK, especially if they can't be explained. Ironically, it's only been moving to another provider that has really served to highlight how dated Aweber is.

Pros: AWeber was my first email marketing system and I was happy with it for several years. It's fairly easy to use despite having a rather clunky and old-fashioned interface. Email deliverability is reasonably good and the support team responds quickly. It's also staffed with people and not bots.

Cons: Sadly, Aweber completely destroyed an email campaign and lost me money. I had set up a sequence of emails and twice been on to support so they could confirm it was done correctly. When the time came, the emails went out in the wrong order, annoying customers I'd spent years building up and making our company look very unprofessional. Despite personal phone calls and apologies, Aweber seemed to lose interest and have yet to explain what happened.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-25
Kenneth D.
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-02

"Using Aweber with 8 Figure Dream Lifestyle."

Pros: Good for tracking leads and email marketing. Scripts set up for me through 8fdl. Great content. My VA sets up the leads and then the process starts and all I have to do is follow up once in a while.

Cons: Haven't used it long enough to see any problems. Seems to be a good platform but not infallible. The email address was missing one letter and website link was not active. They fixed it.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-02
Amanda V.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-21

"I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner"

Comments: I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

Pros: I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Cons: Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

by AWeber on 2020-07-22

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-21
Uma maheshwar C.
wellnesspreneur
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-11

"Great Email Marketing Platform"

Comments: Same as mentioned above.

Pros: A very User-friendly platform I found it to be. Their chat support is the best I have ever come across. even during my early days with them in the most basic plan, they treated me like a VIP. Felt really good about it. so stuck with them

Cons: Nothing as such so far. All there feature have been pretty cool. Now they have even included landing pages

• Reviewed on 2020-04-11
Jacob W.
Creator/ Owner
Newspapers, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-15

"Really bad platform"

Comments: I did not get many benefits and had a bad experience overall - i no longer care this happened months ago I am over it but since I am writing a review on software i have used, I would advise all honestly to stay away as my story seems far from unique and had other bad experiences which i don't have time to list - MailChimp is a pretty good alternative if you are checking out ESPs

Pros: It is relatively easy to use its not hard to figure out for most beginners and has basic templates and campaigns which should

Cons: Stay away! Their RSS campaign did not send out for a while and then on its own sent out 6 emails at once really pissing off our readers they offered us a discount of 30% if we signed a two year contract after I said it was an inexcusable mistake which cost me hundreds of dollars in unsubscribes and possibly thousands and pissed off my entire email list. 30% off their inflated high price which they had just boosted was not worth it - i have heard many experts and users tell me of Aweber nightmare stories since my experience. I would recommend mailchimp as an option for basic users, i would advice all to stay away from Aweber

• Reviewed on 2018-07-15
Lauris J.
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-30

"Simple but effective autoresponder"

Pros: With Aweber is easy to create automatic campaigns. Many nice looking templates included. Messages has good deliverability. Affordable starting price.

Cons: It doesn't provide visual automation sequence builder.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-30
Charles vincent K.
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-08

"Better valuefor moneyThe and better service"

Pros: The layout and quality of resources are easy to locate are open rate for emails are far much better than other responders. The staff are so freindly and helpful should experince technical problem.

• Reviewed on 2017-09-08
Les P.
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-21

"Aweber app for non coders"

Pros: I liked the ui for setting up forms quite a bit. It was really very customizable. I also found the statistics for my mailings very useful.

Cons: Speed. Using aweber meant that my app needed to make another call to a separate url to get the form. Increasing the number of different calls the app needs to make decreased the overall speed of the site.
Other than this, AWeber has an excellent product.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-21
Marketing, BD and Customer Experience Manager
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-14

"The best manager for your social media and auto mails"

Pros: It's ability to schedule and send emails to my blogs subscribers at different hours is perfect for my business

Cons: It does not have an option to pause emails once scheduled

by AWeber Communications on 2018-12-31

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback. I saw your comment about not being able to pause emails once scheduled, and wanted to let you know that we do have this feature available. All you need to do is click the unschedule button on a broadcast, or the "Pause campaign" button on an automated campaign. We'd be happy to walk through how to do this with you - please contact our customer solutions team for assistance.

Brandon O.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-14
It Manager / Marketing Specialist / Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-18

"Good Email Marketing Software, Kind of pricey"

Pros: Good options for email marketing software
Never ran into problems or glitches

Cons: The price is kind of high
Competitors have better priced services

• Reviewed on 2019-01-18
Missionary Care Coordinator
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-05

"A bit clunky but functional."

Pros: The entry level price point is great. Overall the email design features and reporting is great. I had nothing but great experiences with customer service.

Cons: However, it's just a bit clunky. The functionality isn't intuitive and the design isn't clean. It makes for a less than ideal user experience which I was never able to get over. Eventually I switch to a competitor.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-05
Valerie B.
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-04
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-04
Brady P.
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-05

"Outdated and needs improvement"

Pros: I like its simplicity and ease of use. I can't fault it for that and when you pair it with AW Pro Tools it actually works great. I don't think it's worth the money without it however.

Cons: No automations. It's still way better than mailchimp but it's too simple now in the evolving world of marketing. They need to innovate.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-05
John D.
Educator
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-23

"Good but there are better options"

Comments: I experimented around with it and in the end, I decided to go somewhere else.

Pros: Lots of features and tools to analyze who reads your emails and what impact they make. It is one of the standards of the industry and for a well-established business, it is great.

Cons: The price of the software is way too high for startup companies. While all the features are nice you also being charged for things that you don't use.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-23
marketing manager
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-24

"I've had a great overall experience with AWeber"

Comments: This program has been very helpful in launching several campaigns across different brands and business lines, and helps us see the big picture of our marketing efforts, including open rates, click rates, and top line results all in one place as soon as you login.

Pros: I liked that you are able to do a live demo right on the screen to walk through any features that you have questions about; the ability to chat live with a customer support rep also helps when you have questions that you need answered right away.

Cons: The ability to add an email template using a customized layout or customized code can be an extra effort and is an extra cost to the user.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-24
Ginna M.
Administrative Assistant
Philanthropy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-20

"AWeber is an easy and efficient way to send information to a specified group at a given time."

Pros: I use Aweber to send out weekly online Bible studies, and it saves me a lot of time being able to schedule it once then forget about it. It is also easy to edit.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-20
Mufaddal M.
Director - Business Operations
Writing & Editing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-19

"average marketing and pricy"

Pros: Building campaigns is very easy. You will find at least one email template that matches your business needs

Cons: Price. Competitors offer cheaper rates or at least free for a certain number of contacts / emails. Email deliveribility could also improve

by AWeber Communications on 2019-02-06

Hi Mufaddal,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm sorry you're experiencing less-than-stellar deliverability. Please contact our Customer Solutions team to see if there's anything we can do to help you improve those rates.

Brandon O.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-19
Lucinda W.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-12

"Love AWeber over MailChimp"

Comments: Easy to deal with, clear and easy to use templates.

Pros: I love that I can have entire email sequences to different clients at different times in their life-cycle.

Cons: IT's not as flashy as some others, but that's not a huge heal at all.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-12
Michael C.
Physical therapist
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-16

"Entry Level Price, With Decent Features"

Comments: It was a good learning platform, but ultimately it did not have enough functionality for my specific goals.

Pros: Automated email funnels were easy to implement.

Cons: Tracking, tagging features were difficult to manage.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-16
Gordon F.
Attorney/Entrepreneur
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-03

"Once the leading brand, now a bit behind the times..."

Comments: I used to love Aweber for email marketing and automation, but they've been slow to innovate, and I switched to another provider a few months ago. No regrets.

Pros: Fairly easy to use and incorporate forms into websites, etc.

Cons: You pay for subscribers to multiple lists multiple times... This seems unfair. Other tools use tagging, and other tools to sort from a master list... Much smarter.
Aweber lacks tools for filtering and tagging subscribers based on their actions... Requires add-on tools from other providers.

• Reviewed on 2016-10-03