Commission Tracker Reviews

4.7 (30) Write a Review!

About Commission Tracker

Tracks and reports all commissions, bonuses and overrides due to each agent as well as policy and agent information.

Learn more about Commission Tracker

Pros:

Cons:

Its license per machine feature makes it a little tricky to network. Also, support is one or two people not a team so immediate response can be a problem.

Commission Tracker ratings

4.8
5.0

Commission Tracker has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 30 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Commission Tracker before?

Matthew
Matthew
President and CEO in U.S.
Insurance Software

Have been using it for 15 years, very reliable and gets the job done.

Comments: Saves time, makes payroll a breeze.

Pros:

The Commission Tracker is very comprehensive in setting up producers and client accounts. it handles multiple splits easily so for clients with multiple agents it is very handy. While data entry is straightforward, when there are lots of commissions statements it will take a lot of time. They have an in-house data entry service that is very effective and when I switched over, it made it much easier to process commissions.

Cons:

For most people it should not be a problem but the installed version runs on a Windows computer. The cloud version is a better way to run the software because there is no need to save the data locally.

Diana
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees

Allows you to manage your book of business with a positive financial impact!

Comments: Confidence that you are managing your revenue!

Pros:

Commission Tracker is user friendly and yet very detailed. Ability to building your carrier commission scales allows you to calculate your book of business to the penny. The import of commissions is easy to use unlike some other products. For folks that prefer to hand key, this is easy as well and the discrepancies appear right on the screen, which allows the auditing process to start immediately. The program is multi-user and allows for permission settings. The key to this software is the customer service. Any question or issue is addressed quickly and diligently. If you have a specific need, the programmers try to understand how you manage your business to help understand the best solution. Sometimes your needed solution becomes a program update. Love that they are open to real life needs and solutions. This is not an out of the box product that does not evolve!

Cons:

Not a personal fan of crystal reports because I am not well versed in it. All reports are exportable to Excel, however Crystal to Excel sometimes need manipulating. That being said, if a report needed is not programmed, the programmers will help create one specific for your needs.

Kim
Accountant in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Commission Tracker was an easy fix to our tracking problem.

Comments: Commission Tracker was an easy fix to our tracking problem. The program has worked well with us over the past 6 years and we are eager to work with our newly updated version, 4.0. We had been running 3.0 all this time and are very happy to see the enhancements in 4.0 and look forward to the release of 5.0.

Pros:

Commission Tracker is user friendly and easy to learn. The training process for new users has been made simpler by the ease of use of the system. The reports in Commission Tracker give the user alot of flexibility. A big pro for us has been the ability to have reports customized for us. This has made it possible for us to maximize our return on the product.

Cons:

One con that comes to mind is that we, as a Commission Tracker user, would love to have access to the network of other CT users. I would love to see a user's group meeting or a place that we as users can talk with other users and pick up on all the parts of the system that we might not be using but should be and just aren't because we don't realize what it does or what it can do for us.

Judie
CFO in U.S.

There isn't a better commission Tracker Software

Comments: In my opinion, Commission Tracker is THE best commission tracking software on the market, for any price and it is amazingly affordable! This will be a rather wordy review, but I can't say enough wonderful things about Commission Tracker. I found CT 3 years ago and chose it because it was within our budget and the demo looked like what we needed. Little did I know that it was not only what we needed, but it is awesome! It is easy to learn, easy to use, has a huge number of user option oriented reports that are accurate. It also does future commissions predictions. It tracks carrier commissions receivable and producer payable commissions with tremendous flexibility. You can use CT for P&C and Health and Benefits. It works great for both and it does both very well, better than other packages I have used and demoed. It also has customizable commission tables for graded commissions, PCPM and flat rate. Producer commission tables also offer quite a bit of flexibility. Commission Tracker was perfect for my needs. However, my sales staff needed an agency management system and my boss wanted it fully integrated with the accounting software. We saw demos for Vertafore and Applied Systems. Whenever I asked if they could do something that CT can do for tracking commissions, they told me, "No." So we investigated many other packages and decided on one, I don't want to offer the name because I am currently using it. My new software is great for what the sales staff needs but is tremendously lacking in the commission tracking, sales tracking and reporting side. I had much more confidence in Commission Tracker than this package or any that I have seen. I told the staff at Commission Tracker that if they ever develop up to a full blown AMS and financial package, I would return to them in a heartbeat. The support staff is extremely responsive and helpful. And the programming staff is constantly coming up with new and excellent features and enhancements. So, if you are looking for a competent, dependable, user friendly, affordable software to track your insurance sales and commission activity, COMMISSION TRACKER GETS INSURANCE LIKE NO ONE ELSE DOES!!!

Dusty
Independant Insurance Agent in U.S.
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees

Couldn't function without it

Pros:

This software is absolutely amazing. I could not process commissions without. We were using an excel spreadsheet to track our commissions until we just got to big and it was too hard to keep up with. We have used commission tracker for maybe 8 years or so now and it has made life so much easier. It allows us to track what we are being paid and if we are missing commissions or not getting the correct amount. Also because we have multiple agents that we pay it tracks the commission splits with so much ease. Love, Love, Love this software.

Cons:

might take a little bit of a learning curve to get used to. Wish I had done some things different from the beginning because it's too late to change them now. The way you enter info can be subjective to the person doing the entering and therefore trying to train someone else to take over is very difficult because they may not do it the same way and therefore you will end up with inconsistency.

Janet
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees

Excellent customer support (whenever I've needed it), Effective Reporting Capabilities & Easy to Use

Comments: I use it every day and it has provided me with excellent reporting capabilities to give to key decision makers, it allows me to pull data quickly for various reports I run for internal and external reporting, and through the uploading of statements the amount of time it takes to import data has decreased by over 50%.

Pros:

I like the Customer Support, the ease of uploading statements and the reports that are available that I can provide to decision makers and producers.

Cons:

I'd love to be able to more easily manipulate the excel downloads of the reports. I'd like to be able to run Pivots with them more easily.

Ralph
president in U.S.

Great program, saves so much time and prevent mistakes

Pros:

Easy to use once the data is incorporated into the system. Execl spreadsheet quickly import to the system. The reporting section is outstanding and very useful to the agent and management. Tremendous time saver reducing a week of manual data input of Excel to just a few minutes. Exceptional service by a local tech support, not somebody in India.

Cons:

The requirement to make sure the excel spreadsheet exactly meets the import requirements. The length of some of the data fields is restrictive. The program doesn't include a balancing mechanism rechecking the commission splits with the gross commission.

Dena
Finance & Marketing Analyst in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Efficient, easy to learn and train employees to use.

Comments: Efficient, easy to learn and train employees to use, and an accessible interface that minimizes errors in data entry. Quick, friendly, and very capabable customer service.

Pros:

CT efficiently tracks our commissions and provides easily accessible key data for commission payments. Customer support is superlative -- fast, responsive, and gets us on back on track when we have a questions. It is a bug-free product that easily updates and requires little time to manage.

Cons:

My only aspiration is for the program to have more reporting features and user modified options (e.g., what is displayed). It would be great to have the ability to add/delete fields and customize reports. I would like the ability to do more in-program analysis, rather than have to export to Excel, etc. and clean up all of the data so I can sort, etc. on my own.

Donna
Office Manager in U.S.

A TRUE LIFESAVER!

Comments: Before using commission tracker, it would take me a week or more to process commissions for my company, now it takes me 1-2 days maximum and our company had tripled in business since we started using this system. I was not able to import statements or anything like that BEFORE I found commission tracker. This is a world class organization. I have dealt personally with Karla and Shane on numerous occasions and they answer my questions, issues and/or problems immediately or as soon as they can. I would NEVER use anyone else. The programs are updated and upgraded frequently and the customer service is unsurpassed in this industry or any other. I am have been 100% satisfied with this company and have been for the past 4 years.

Richard
Manager in U.S.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Solid experience from day 1.

Comments: The program is user friendly, and runs reliably. We have suggested tweaks in the past, and have found the developers receptive to this feedback, and have seen items actually incorporated into upgrades. The customer service team is attentive and very helpful. A good organization to work with, and I would absolutely recommend them to people in need of a commission tracking program.

Dave
CEO in U.S.

Unquestionably the best!

Comments: We've been using Commission Tracker since our company was founded in 2005, and not only is the product excellent, with a number of valuable upgrades implemented since the first version, but the customer support is absolutely superb. In this day & age where so many firms off-site their customer service, or make it nearly impossible to find a support phone number when they need help, it is truly a delight to work with a company that does neither of those, and is always available to help as needed. Thanks so much to Shane and the rest of the team for being the absolute best in this critical segment of the marketplace for us.

Carol & Steve
President/CEO in

Incredible system

Comments: GREAT PRODUCT, DEFINITELY A MUST

Pros:

What an incredible system! At such an affordable price. Can't believe we no longer have to do date entry for our commissions, which used to take us hours and hours. Being able to forecast our future commissions with a touch of a button along with all kinds of different reports makes the commission tracker a must for insurance agents/brokers. Customer service was simply excellent, Shane goes above and beyond. Thank you so much Shane.

Cons:

Wish version 6 was out sooner, like 5 years ago!

Bill
Vice President in U.S.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Commission Tracking for our Agency is much easier to do now with Commission Tracker!

Comments: I like this product. It is simple to use and produces reports that easily demonstrate what I need to know, such as outside agent split amounts, insurance carrier totals (to compare to carrier reports), and overall agency totals. Our old system was outdated and had been modified so many times that it was messy and produced reports that were not easy to read. I researched several commission tracking software programs and this one was the best. Initial data input was a big undertaking, but was simplified with excel data sheet upload. I would recommend this product.

Vice-President in

Long-Term CT Client

Comments: I would recommend Commission Tracker to any employee benefits broker. We have over 20 sales reps accross the country and for the past four years we have lived up to their expectations with commission report delivery thanks to Commission Tracker!
Sincerely,
Michael Caparso VP National Healthcare Access Inc.

Pros:

I can't speak highly enough of the customer support that we receive from Shane at Commission Tracker. I wish all of the vendors we use in our company were as competent.

Cons:

The only con that I know of is the Premium allocation capability.

Tatia
VP - Finance & Operations in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Commission Tracker is a definite asset to our business

Comments: LTC Solutions, Inc. has been using Commission Tracker since 2004 and we have grown along with it over the years. CT is a very valuable tool, allowing us to confidently track all commissions both incoming and outgoing. Shane and his team are always easy to contact when help is needed, and always highly receptive to requests to change/customize CT to better fit our needs. We highly recommend CT to any growing company that needs detailed commissions information.

Pros:

Easy to use, great importing feature.

Cons:

None to report.

melissa
executive vice president in U.S.

Great Product, Excellent Service

Comments: The commission tracker software has made paying agent commissions quick and easy. We use this system day to day and it's simple and user friendly. On the rare occasion we have an issue with the software, we contact customer service and the problem is addressed almost immediately with a fix and we're back on track to working on it. Karla and Shane have been awesome to work with and their responsiveness has amazing.

Blake
President in
Used the Software for: Not provided

A terrific value for our agency!

Comments: We purchased Commission Tracker last year because we were growing out of keep our commissions and splits on an Excel spreadsheet. The program is reasonably priced and user friendly. The best part of out purchase of Commission Tracker is the service we have received. Karla Long and the service team have been responsive, patient and dependable. I like the web-based access. I highly recommend Commission Tracker!

Lizette

CT KIS me!

Comments: CT Kept it Simple for me! Prior to CT, an excel spreadsheet was my recording method .., this program is one of the easiest out there and simple to use, doesn't require an IT degree to figure it out! The customer service support is also incredible, no telephone automation, real live person that you actually speak with. Can't beat the price! Love it! Thank you CT for the KIS!

Nancy
U.S.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Effective, helpful commission software with excellent support.

Comments: We are a growing health insurance office. Commission Tracker has been very useful for managing both agent commissions and carrier payments. Commission Tracker continues to make the software more intuitive and speedy. Do take advantage of the excellent support to set up accounts, commission tables correctly and answer any start-up questions.

Jeffrey
Presiden in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Commission Tracker is perfect for our office

Comments: Our Agency loves Commission Tracker, it is perfect for our office. We have 3,000+ clients and are paying 7 agents at different levels of commissions and it is a perfect fit. The support team is always available and listens to our suggestions for tweaking small updates. I would recommend it to anyone needing to track a variety of Carriers, products and clients.

Doug
Used the Software for: Not provided

It has been a very good, reliable, easy to use software program.

Comments: This is the first commission software program that I have used. It has been very easy to learn how use this program. The customer service has been fantastic and they have gone the extra mile not only on assisting us with normal everyday questions but also customizing the program to better fit our needs.

Noah
Account Manager in U.S.

Fantastic Customer Service

Comments: After tracking commissions through Excel, using this software helped our process immensely. Although the software itself may be a bit difficult to navigate at times, the customer service team is on point. Any time I have a problem or question I contact my sales rep and get a return usually within 24 hours.

Larry
Owner in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Commission Tracker setup is easy!

Comments: I purchased Commission Tracker this year because I was out growing keeping my commissions on an Excel spreadsheets. The program is reasonably priced and user friendly. The best part of my purchase of Commission Tracker is the ease of setting up and using it and the service has been great and responsive.

Domenic
Owner in U.S.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Best commission software available and they continue to make improvements.

Comments: Like any software it takes a bit of time to learn. The nice thing is they are always available to answer any questions and give you one on one tutorial help. Also the help button in the software is very helpful and informative.

Stephen
Operations Manager in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Overall we like it. It is affordable, and easy to use.

Comments: Overall we like it. It is affordable, and easy to use.

Pros:

Easy initial set up. Fairly intuitive product.