Really Simple Systems CRM Reviews

by Really Simple Systems

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About Really Simple Systems CRM

An easy to use CRM that helps you work smarter by managing and tracking your sales leads and customers.

Learn more about Really Simple Systems CRM

Chris T.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-02

"Cost effective CRM for small business"

Comments: We have grown our business with this CRM, and when we were starting out it gave us a lot of "bang for our bucks", the experience has been excellent.

Pros: Having an awareness of the cost of some of the well known CRM platforms e.g. salesforce, dynamics, the thing that strikes you is that the cost of these is prohibitive for an SME with @30 light CRM users. RSS is different. The bottom line is that they offer excellent value for small businesses. I would view this as their USP. They have a responsive team and have constantly improved the CRM over the years. Key features I like are the permissions system which lets us give bespoke access to the teams in our business with everyone given the access to the client records that they require. The integration with Kashflow (accounting) is incredibly useful and reduces unnecesary duplication in our business processes. The marketing module has been a significant driver for new business, and again is very cost effective. The activity section enables us to keep good records of client contacts, as does the ability to bcc email comunications into the client record. The layout of fields is very easy to modify to your business requirements, adding extra fields with dropdowns as required. Document storage is straightforward with drag & drop functionality.

Cons: Nothing to complain about, happy. Maybe preferred the earlier version which let you know the last time a record was updated and by who.

by Really Simple Systems on 2018-10-03

Thanks for the review Chris!

FYI the new version CRM does still let you know the last time a record was updated and by who. At the top of your screen, next to the account name, there's a little clock symbol. Hover over this and the information will appear.

Regards

Diana C.
Administrator / Logistics
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-19

"Use of CRM"

Comments: When I have needed help with something I have had a quick and useful response very quickly.
I find it easy to use for what I need.

Pros: The most important things to me are:- tracking of emails with each customer, tracking of quotation/sales confirmations with each customer. Checking where we are up to with opportunities.

Cons: I have not used this with any other system, but I cannot fathom out the report side of things, but neither have I asked for help using it so far either.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-19
Client Services Advisor
Translation & Localization, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-05

"Best customer support service offered to CRM users"

Comments: Our company has benefited greatly by having a CRM system in place. Since RSS is the first software used in our department, we are very grateful for the good customer support that we received in all cases when we faced some challenges.

Pros: It is relatively easy to grasp the way RSS works and most of the functionalities are intuitive. What I like the most about RSS is their supreme customer support service.

Cons: The marketing and reporting sections are not as intuitive when it comes to making the most of their functionalities.

Executive Vice President
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-13

"Excellent for small business"

Comments: The greatest benefit is sharing of customer/contact information internally across team members in an easy fashion at a reasonable price.

Pros: We selected this software for the ease of use. In addition, there was little required for our employees to access immediately. After using this for half a year, it continues to meet and exceed those expectations. Logging in is done through a browser and does not require additional software. Sharing contact information, outstanding tasks for clients, and client specific documents are all easy tasks that are quite intuitive. Also adding new users requires very little effort since there is no software required for to install on an employees computer.

Cons: There are several activities that are a bit clunky/annoying. When adding revenue, it is treated as an opportunity instead of simply entering the revenue for a client. Several apps within the program will also mark this revenue with the British pound instead of the U.S. dollar despite the fact that our settings are on USD. Additionally for reminders you have to use your google calendar instead of the system sending you reminders. When setting these reminders in Google calendar, it always incorrectly translates the date/time to GMT despite the fact that our calendars are on EST. So you have to be careful to reset the correct day/time when entering in to your Google Calendar. We would greatly prefer a reminder system within the program itself instead of the current clunky process.

by Really Simple Systems on 2017-11-14

Thank you for your feedback. I will report the errors you mention regarding currencies and time zones to our Development Team to take a look at. In the meantime, if you would like to contact our Support Team on [email protected] we can correct these settings for you. Regards.

Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 2016-08-27

"A Game Changer!"

Comments: After being a bit overwhelmed by a number of different CRMs out there, I was determined to find something very basic with A) a limited amount of fields (but enough to do the job), B) affordability, C) excellent support and D) ease of use on mobile. Really Simple Systems has delivered on all counts- and then some.
I sent an email to support mentioning that, although I love the software, I had two things on my "wish list" for their next update. I sent that request on a Tuesday morning. I received a reply within an hour (!) telling me they think they could accommodate me on both fronts. By Wednesday morning, BOTH of my requests had been incorporated into the software. Yes. You read that right. 24 hours later! I was blown away as these two enhancements continue to save me time and money on a daily basis. My advice for anyone is to try Really Simple Systems for a month or two to get a taste of how easy it is to use and how amazing the support team is. This is a game changer for small business owners like myself.

Pros: Affordability. Ease of use. Mobile interface. Unparalleled Customer Support.

Cons: None.

by Really Simple Systems on 2016-08-30

Hi Chris
Thanks for your endorsement. I'm not sure every development request happens quite so quickly but we do try our best! Fortunately, with a simple CRM like ours there is a lot we can do to to accommodate our customers so we are pleased to hear it has been so successful for you.
Best regards
Helen Armour
Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 2016-08-27
Matt J.
Analytics and performance manager
Events Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-18

"Fantastic, customer focused support"

Pros: By far the best part about RSS is the team - they're very focused on helping us with what we want and looking at creative ways to get the job done. We've worked very closely with them over the years on a number of projects, and they're by far one of the best software teams I've worked with. The system is simple (surprise!) and it's never taken long for us to train new staff on it.

Cons: The upgrade to version 5 took quite a while, however has been much needed and the new software has been regularly updated - far more regularly than previously, so the wait was worth it. There are a few times that we've needed a bit more complexity than the system offers - however the team have been good at exploring different ways to approach what we want.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-18
Carl W.
Health, Wellness & Fitness
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2015-12-22

"Helpful and Useful tool"

Comments: WJ is a small local business based in Hull. We have around 30 employees and specialise in several different areas from anti-slip decking to Timber Treatment and through to metalwork engineering. As the company salesman it is essential that I have regular and consistent contact with my customers as well as a smooth way of keeping records of these meetings. Without Really Simple Systems I would use a diary to keep track of this. This however makes it very difficult for anybody but me to understand where we are with each customer in our sales and follow up cycle. I always struggle to maintain order with this. Really Simple Systems offers not only a great way to keep and maintain a customer diary but also allows me to keep meeting notes and documents all stored in the same that everyone can also see.

Pros: When we have ever had issues with the system and contacted customer service we have always had a response within 24hrs which has been understandable, concise and always helpful. the task setting and reminder system is accurate, amendable and 'Really Simple'. We had an issue around sales tracking and Forecasting where we wanted to be able to see monthly potential sales if a sale was to come off. However when we questioned and asked if this was possible within about 6 hours the facility to do what we want had been added in to the system which we greatly appreciated.

Cons: We have no issues around the system.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2015-12-22
Amanda T.
Marketing Manager
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-29

"A really functional and reliable resource"

Comments: We have had a very positive experience with this software

Pros: The ease of use made it very easy to roll out across our locations
Drag and drop option makes it very easy to upload documents
All Customer information is on one page and easily accessible
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] worked with the team to customise a solution that would work for us

Cons: We needed a very detailed Financial Area would would require a fully bespoke solution

• Reviewed on 2020-01-29
Alex W.
Web Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-05

"Exactly what it says on the tin!"

Comments: I have been using this product for over ten years when I was introduced to it when working at Iizuka and subsequently for my own business. I have also introduced it to other small businesses and one homeless charity I worked for called Emmaus. RSS were generous enough to provide it pro bono! It was a fantastic way of keeping profiles of each resident and sharing the information should the resident move on to another establishment. It solved a complex problem very easily!

Pros: The product is very easy to use. It is easy to manager clients and the interactions with me. whether it be by phone or email. With the subscription product, emails can be synced with the client details which saves having to copy and paste.

Neil G.
Business Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-02

"Excellent UK based and GDPR Compliant CRM System"

Comments: 1. Created a single CRM database for all my sales and marketing records built up over the last 20 years. 2. Brilliant email/campaign marketing module with excellent dashboard view of all email campaigns. 3. Simple web based CRM system based on a low cost SaaS pricing model backed up by an excellent support team.

Pros: Replaced all my old Excel worksheets built up over the last 20 years with a single web based CRM application available to access on my Laptop, iPad and iPhone and giving complete flexibility of access to data. Easy and intuitive to use with an excellent dashboard view, task management, sales pipeline and built in reports and excellent dashboard widgets. Good simple annual pricing model based on users and modules required and simple and easy to use CRM system.

Cons: Data import was not a simple as it looked to be and needed support team to import my CSV files, this was done quickly and efficiently by the support team.

Norbert n. V.
Entrepreneur
Renewables & Environment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-19

"The first CRM I tried, and it's easy to use"

Comments: Before, my functionality with clients and prospects was scattered over a couple of applications and a lot of files. Now everything is together. Before I call a customer, I have the information at my fingertips and it is difficult to catch me on a distraction.
The pricing plans allow growing​ as quick as the requirements and for now, I have room for a lot of customers. Every possible prospect: into the CRM!
I can't imagine turning back to my spreadsheets...

Pros: The support is very personal, if there is an issue, you have one main person (not every time another) that will resolve it or forward to a colleague. But this main person knows your story and your mindset. The answers to questions or issues are​ really quick.
Then the software is easy to use and there are many links that bring you quickly where you want.
It is just what I need and for a very reasonable price.

Cons: There are no real issues. Some features are new for me as it is the first CRM that I use, but I note that with a bit of curiosity from my side and a lot of goodwill from the company, I learn quickly.

by Really Simple Systems on 2019-02-20

Thanks for the great review Norbert.

It's very pleasing to hear how well you are progressing with the CRM. You know where to find us if we can help any further.

Kind regards

• Reviewed on 2019-02-19
Hannah L.
Sales Director
Maritime, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-25

"25.11.19 Review"

Comments: The developments that RSS is making will help with our use as a business. We are always finding new ways of using the system expand its use through other aspects of our business.

Pros: How customisable to our requirements the program is. It makes it easier to produce the data we require.

Cons: Some of the terms used to describe the different sections of data are confusing and require getting used to. The short amount of time before you are logged out again.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-25
Kirsten C.
Company Director
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-09

"A CRM system that has grown with my business"

Comments: I started off needing a very simple system that effectively listed my client names and as my business grew I wanted more and more functionality from the system. RSS has always been able to support my needs, offering an excellent email integration function and a brilliant email marketing module to name just a couple! My business now wouldn't function without the help of our RSS CRM.

Pros: Easy to use and different packages to suit different sized businesses

Cons: It would be good if the email integration would include email attachments

Ian S.
MD
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-05

"CRM for SMEs that can grow with you."

Comments: The first business I installed it in was moving from multiple Excel Worksheets and now everyone uses the same data linked to the Accounting system make life easier.

Pros: Compared with many CRMs it is easier to set up. I also think changes as you grow are easier. I am installing it for another company, after using it for 2 years.

Cons: The Marketing Suite is not Simple, it works and I know they are re-writing it.

Jay R.
Director, Business Development
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-06

"Real Simple Systems"

Comments: We feel as though this product stood out from others evaluated with regards to its logical, intuitive and, yes, simple, structure and user interface. This version of CRM covers all of the essential tools (and not all options do): Contacts, Leads, Accounts, Opportunities Management, Tasks Tracking, Performance Reporting. Additionally, and critically important, is that it also has Marketing Campaign modules, which will allow us to leverage the leads and accounts database for e-mail and digital marketing campaigns for promotion of products, features, events, etc. In addition to the user interface being very logical and intuitive, it also permits a fairly wide latitude for customizing the data fields for contacts, accounts, opportunities and reporting – which will be critically important for performance metrics tracking and reporting (there is an extensive menu of default reports, plus we can design our own custom versions). We can easily set up data fields to capture attributes for segment distributors, direct sales customers and market and product segments, for example. The straightforward and simple user interface should help as we add peer and support staff who will also need to adopt the use of the system – hopefully, reducing confusion and errors. Their customer support has been fairly responsive so far, even when you are at the Free Level.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-06
Chris B.
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-11

"EASY TO USE"

Comments: Its so easy to use and does all the main tasks we need it to do.

Pros: Easy to use. Cheap to use. Good customer service levels when i have had to call if i am unsure about anything.

Cons: IT CAN NOT LINK TO MY ACCOUNTING SYSTEM. I once tried to use it for marketing purposes and found it to be slow and not as good as other free email campaign services

• Reviewed on 2017-07-11
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-10

"Really Simple Systems"

Comments: Managing tasks, keeping records of previous activities and running prospect reports is straightforward and effective

Pros: Just as the name of the software indicates I like this package as its easy to use and gives me all the information and reports I need to progress through the sales process

Cons: trying to integrate e-mail in to the package seems cumbersome

by Really Simple Systems on 2019-04-15

Thank you for reviewing Really Simple Systems! If you have any questions, or would like some support integrating your emails, let us know on [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2019-04-10
Dwayne M.
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-13

"Excellent customer service! Prompt and helpful. However, the system is not really simple to learn."

Pros: Simple functionality; great customer service. The emails work well to design and send out. Love how it won't let us send too many emails at a time and protects our sender reputation.

Cons: We still have not been able to link our registration forms in our wordpress site with this CRM. It is imperative that those who complete forms are automatically put into the CRM for follow up and monitoring. Our professional webmaster has still not been able to figure it out, which is why I say it's not "really simple system" to set up.

by Really Simple Systems on 2017-11-14

Dwayne, thanks for your feedback. I have asked our Support Team to get back in touch with you to help you get the web forms set up. Regards.

Ryan S.
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-16

"Excellent system"

Comments: Diary management and task management are the main features we use.

Pros: Free to start off with so you can get started with the business without any upfront costs, great to be able to change the info so it captures the info we need.

Cons: Nothing at all as we are still using it

• Reviewed on 2020-01-16
Amanda W.
Hospitality
  • Reviewed on 2015-11-18

"Easily transferable from Salesforce and great technical support"

Pros: I have a small company selling school trips so my database is large but I have only a small number of high-value sales a year. I needed a simple CRM, which would efficiently transfer data from Salesforce. I trialled about 10 CRM systems but only RSS could do this without me losing data. The system is simple and is easily navigable but what I like most about RSS is the rapid response from technical support. They custom-designed a few pages and re-worked others to suit my requirements often within a few hours of my request. No other CRM system I trialled, even came close to this service. I also like the ability to pick 'n mix services which means I only pay for exactly what I need.

Cons: Small point, really - Activity data which was transferred from Salesforce is displayed twice under Activities. This is annoying and has to be removed manually.
I had to abandon email synchronisation - despite dedicated technical support, my Outlook emails would not drop into the RSS activity section. I do it manually now.

• Reviewed on 2015-11-18
Adrian B.
Business Development Director
Accounting Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-09

"Easy to use effective system"

Comments: I have used this system for close on 10 years. When I took up my current position 5 years ago I installed the system as there was no CRM system in place. I find it the simplest most effective sales tracking system I have used in my 30 years in sales and sales management. We have numerous sales outlets across the country controlled from a main sales office and I am able to report effectively on sales performance across the business with minimal effort. The reliability of the system is first rate I have experienced very few occasions when I have not been able to access the system from various locations including on mobile phone/tablet devices.

Pros: Simplicity, accuracy and reliability

Cons: I cannot think of anything

Steve W.
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-24

"Directors review"

Comments: Really Simple Systems has grown with our business in an extremely cost effective and easy to manage basis

Pros: Ease of use and ability to expand with the growth of the business

Cons: At times it can be a little 'lumpy' as we have stretched its usage

• Reviewed on 2017-01-24
Adam M.
Investment Management Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-09

"A more organised businessman!"

Comments: My experience is that I am simply more organised and find some of the features very very helpful particularly for a start up where many functions are carried out by one person.

Pros: Listing functions

Cons: reminders don't come through to all my devices

Leanne M.
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-14

"simple but difficult"

Comments: I think it's a great starter program. I've grown too much and need other features they don't provide

Pros: Easy to set up. I was up and running on the first day. Appreciate the easy set up instructions with the intro email.

Cons: Sort features are very difficult to use. Reports can't be broken down as I need them to be. Upgrades don't really help much

• Reviewed on 2017-12-14
Brian N.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2-10 Employees

"PT Winchester"

Pros: Ease of use, easy to set up. Upgrade as you need more functionality. We found it superior to other more complicated systems, which had lots of functionality that we didn't require for our business.

Cons: Automatic log out too short, Some upgrade aspect are too expensive, such as number of accounts and marketing system. We found that we would like an integrated mail shot function, which is easier to use, but also without the other marketing features.