15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Multiview ERP

Multiview ERP is a highly scalable fully-integrated suite of financials that is highly configurable to several industries.

Learn more about Multiview ERP

Pros:

Consolidates accounting, budgeting and purchasing into one seemless application. Strong implementation and support team.

Cons:

Sometimes it's hard to navigate some of the updates.

Multiview ERP ratings

4.2
4.4
4.3
4.1

8.2/10

Multiview ERP has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 67 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Multiview ERP before?

Janet
Janet
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

The best ERP system you have never heard of

Comments: Best decision I have made. The system is easy to use and they are continually updating features. Their customer service is the best response time out their. I would highly recommend looking at this system you won't be disappointed.

Pros:

Multiview is a very easy to use system with the ability to load as much detail as you need. The implementation process was the best I've participated in.

Cons:

Multiview reporting writing is the weakest link. I know it is on their radar to fix, but you can download as excel and get it into a format that way.

Alternatives Considered: Sage Accounting

Reasons for Choosing Multiview ERP: The system was not easy to use. You did not have everything in a single place. AP was separate from GL.

Switched From: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Multiview ERP: I work directly with the software vendor and the other products you work through a 3rd party.

Eitan
Chief Financial Officer, Co-Founder in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Running an accounting department, appreciating the pains and the gains

Comments: A challenge to setup, and a learning curve to master, but something with a long future of otherwise unseen reward for having done so.

Pros:

I have worked with a very wide array of technology in my career. Statistical analysis systems like SPSS early on and to accounting and ERP platforms that include Infusionsoft, Quickbooks, Freshooks, Xero, with every software tool, patch and hack you can think of to keep a business running from a world in Lotus 123 to Open Office and Office 365. I've used it all. Multiview stands out on its own and offers abilities and flexibility that I had never seen possible elsewhere. It serves the purpose of multiple platforms like inventory, quotation, A/P A/R, business process workflow management, data storage and analysis, document retention and compliance management, and so on, and as such it will eventually reach into the way we use technology in all different areas of our business across all divisions of our operation and tie things together. I can only say that to me it does this in a way that you might expect could only have come from the brilliant minds of a few people who left IBM once upon a time to create and I find it to be the most customizable and capable piece of software I have ever encountered and offers game-changing rewards to our business, and from what I can see we have only been scratching at the surface of its potential. In terms of accomplishments We can book a single transaction to account for a service shared by multiple corporate entities in different proportions attributed to multiple accounting periods, within each entity's own accounting method - an expense for one, and an a capitalized purchase for another. A single check run will print checks for 3 companies across two currencies. Multiview has been integrated with two other systems that our customers and vendors transact within and in less than 6 months after rolling out we have used it eliminate weeks of manual labor each month including the associated human error that is unavoidable and we have just gotten started.

Cons:

Consistent with wielding a tool that can do over a thousand different things when used properly, Mulitivew is not necessarily appropriate for the simplest of solutions. As it were a 1000-in-one power tool, it takes you time just to know where the flat head screwdriver is and there may be no easy way to remember exactly where it is without being taught and practiced so it can be frustrating before you have experienced doing it enough times that you do it without thinking. For those capable of taking on that sort of complexity to make a software platform really their own and make it TRULY work for them the way they envision it, it just takes more time and practice to get used to doing even the simple tasks but the end result can be seriously worth the time invested. In terms of actual challenges, configuring reporting and analysis has been a very big challenge and we still haven't perfected it. The data is is all where it needs to be but the reports in our case are mostly custom built and we haven't invested enough time into them because the basic off the shelf reports they have are insufficient for our particular needs. Some things made 'easy' by less complex systems like prepping a tax file for a certain jurisdictions aren't pre-packaged so you have to create the reports needed at first before they can be saved and just reloaded as custom reports afterwards, and finally, configuring to get the check-run or expense entry I mentioned as accomplishments took hard work to setup and learn - but the team was there helping us and guiding us during implementation.

Alternatives Considered: Polaris PSA, NetSuite, Sage 50cloud Accounting, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Tableau, QuickBooks Online, Acumatica Cloud ERP and The BaaS Platform

Reasons for Choosing Multiview ERP: Moved interrelated companies from two highly deficient accounting systems into one system where they can be fully integrated and consolidated with a bright future for our high tech needs. Quickbooks crashes every day, Xero balances that don't balance without any explanation and a hundred other reasons we started shopping around for a better solution.

Switched From: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Multiview ERP: Flexibility and features, hands down. Reasonable pricing and an impressive team of support staff and people that will answer the phone when you need their help closed the deal.

Ryan
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Changing to Multiview ERP has enabled us to consolidate our accounting functions, budgeting activities and purchasing events into one cohesive system.

Pros:

The benefits of Multiview ERP include the following: - Direct Integration with Cerner our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system - Consolidates accounting, budgeting and purchasing into one seemless application - Strong implementation and support team - Competitive pricing for a strong product offering

Cons:

As we are in the initial phases of using Multiview, we do not have any specific downsides of this application. As we become a bit more tenured with the system, I am sure some will arise, but for now we are very satisfied.

Debbie
Associate Director - Finance in Canada
Accounting Software, 201–500 Employees

Could be great....just not yet

Comments: I know I have listed a lot of cons, so I want to also say that I think that Multiview has the base of what could be an exceptional program for all CAIS private schools to use. But it needs a lot of changes. But it could get there if the time was taken to invest in changing it.

Pros:

The accounts payable module is good. Drill down ability in the trial balance is very beneficial.

Cons:

Accounts receivable statements need to have the ability to run more than one month at a time to send to parents. Also with accounts receivable, being able to see the charge details without having to go into another screen would help as we talk to parents on the phone and they question the charges, it takes much longer to do this. Reports could be much better.... they aren't user-friendly to change/build.....and we're now having to pay more to have income and balance sheet statements built properly for us. The portal didn't work as we expected, so we are still having to build and send out monthly budget manager reports. I wish there was a report we could send to managers that shows current balance and budget (but now we're having to pay to have this report built). It would be good if we could delete accounts receivable charges after being posted as these create the activity that shows for our parent monthly statements. Approval of journal entries in message centre could be improved just by showing the entry details on the main screen and not having to flip over to 'message details'. User timeout for inactivity doesn't work and help centre confirmed this. Account posting status of 'inactive' should be just that, but instead you have to change an account status to 'restricted' but during implementation we understood 'restricted' was only used for account titles, not accounts being used by accounts payable and receivable. Removing reports from the library isn't user friendly. The use of RAD's and UDF's doesn't work in the program as explained during implementation....so we set up a few of both of these, but then when we went to run reports, found out that certain RAD's and UDF's can't be pulled into reports so they're of no use to us now after all that work. Accounts receivable statements have to be emailed to multiple email addresses together, so we're having to send statements in the same email push each month to parents who are split, so definitely not ideal.

C
Chief Finance Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Great Niche System but not worth the effort or time to implement

Comments: Not great. Multiview is clunking and difficult to work in. MV system implementation was never fully completed by Multiview and we needed to spend a significant amount of money to just get the basics running.

Pros:

Customization is the main pro of this system.

Cons:

The system does not work unless you spend the price of sending a rocket to the moon.

Multiview Response

3 months ago

Hello, we appreciate your feedback on our product. We'd like to connect with you to enhance your processes, if necessary, and offer guidance on optimizing customization. Kindly reach out to us via email at [email protected] Reference "Gartner Survey".

Ramon
Accountant in US

Great for Healthcare

Comments: Great! I really like the ease of use of Multiview.

Pros:

The ease of use, ability to export data.

Cons:

It would be nice if there are some "automated" tasks, like interfaces. Also would be nice to have better training on seldom used features like security and report creation

Greg
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great ERP Change

Comments: Overall Multiview ERP has been a great transition for us. It has automated part of our close with the journal entry templates and amortization schedules which has allowed the accounting team to analyze the numbers and made month end close more accurate.

Pros:

1. Ease of Use 2. Journal Entry Templates 3. A/R Module for reoccurring Invoices 4. Setting up amortization schedules 5. Customer Service representatives have been great to work with

Cons:

The main drawback is the canned reports are not great. Had to customize our reporting to make it work for us.

Alternatives Considered: Sage 100

Reasons for Choosing Multiview ERP: More features that Multiview had to offer and our company was growing rapidly and needed to automate some of the accounting process.

Switched From: Sage 50cloud Accounting

PHIL

Great Financial Software, Excellent Support

Pros:

Multiview is very user friendly, it is easy to learn and helps up manipulate data from our EHR vendor when we can't get good reporting out of that system.

Cons:

Nothing, it is a great system. Only difficult area is the building of custom analytics reports.

Tara
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Best tool for your money

Comments: I have been quite pleased with Multiview. We had a great implementation team. Support is always good. It is one of those items I say cannot be taken away now that we have had it five years.

Pros:

You can look up any combination of data and export it to excel. Reports have drill down abilities that bring up more detail to each line item on your financials. You can right click on any transaction while researching and go directly to the journal entry or the source. You can set your view up to show detailed transactions and/or pivot tables on the right-hand side of the screen. It does away with keeping invoices in a drawer and having to pull paper copies of items as they are always right in front of you in the scanned documents area. It makes annual audits extremely efficient.

Cons:

The asset module could be more streamlined. There is one place when you try to add invoice information and location that often has to be entered multiple times to get it to stick on the asset.

Josh
Facility Manager in US

Multiview ERP

Pros:

I love the ease of use and how easy it is to navigate and pull the information that I need. The help desk and portal are extremely helpful and designed for the end user in mind

Cons:

I don't have alot of experience with other programs to compare it to, but help desk was supportive of the thoughts I had to make improvements the time I was stuck.

Michelle
Mental Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Multiview ERP

Comments: Amazing, very responsive and helpful

Pros:

User friendly, ability to drill down to multiple layers, support is very responsive

Cons:

Would like portal to have more instructions on how to use options.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Multiview ERP: We had a very old outdated legacy system, MV has brought us into the future and made us more efficient and accurate.

Switched From: myAvatar

Reasons for Switching to Multiview ERP: Options available, ease of use

Laura
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Daily Multiview Accounting

Pros:

I love that you can filter and pull data easily. I like the work flow for AP invoice approval.

Cons:

The budget set-up was very complicated.

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Multiview ERP: Wanted to go Web based with a workflow.

Switched From: LAWS/Pro

Reasons for Switching to Multiview ERP: Preferred the software options over the others.

Stuart

Financial Person's perspective

Comments: I believe this was the right move for us when we selected Multiview.

Pros:

Early on it was very easy to get modifications to our setup.

Cons:

Over time, it has become more difficult to get changes and some of the problems which have come up still haven't been resolved.

Charma
Director of Development in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Happy User

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Notifications are seamless with gentle reminders ;) Approving invoices are easy

Cons:

Because of limited licenses, I can't pull reports--I must request them.

Marty
Accounting Supervisor in US

Accounting

Pros:

Easy to use and step by step instructions are helpful.

Cons:

Sometimes doesn't give some information on certain reports.

PATRICE
Accounts Payable, Payroll Specialist in US

THE BEST ARP for ACCOUNTS PAYAB:LE

Comments: My experience with Multiview has been a good one. I use it daily for all things Accounts Payable including Purchase Orders and check production.

Pros:

Multiview is the BEST electronic accounting software on the market today. The software allows the invoicing and billing to be smooth, fluid process. Procurement can be a trying task for some software or they simply don't have the feature. Multiview allows requisitions to be submitted, Purchase Orders to be created and sent straight to the vendor for fulfillment and invoicing. This creates a streamline approach to procurement.

Cons:

Sometimes it freezes or just shuts down in the middle of me working; however, the support team at Multiview are on point and responds fast to resolve any issues I may have.

Shelly
Accounting Supervisor in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501–1,000 Employees

Multiview for Critical Access hospital

Comments: Overall, we like the system. It provides good internal controls and checks all our boxes. We were able to utilize the 360 tables to eliminate some manual processes.

Pros:

Easy of use and the transition from legacy system.

Cons:

Customer service. You don't have a designated rep, which makes communication a little more difficult. Sometimes you get helpful customer service reps assigned to your ticket and sometimes it takes multiple emails back and forth before they can help resolve the issue.

Peter
Director of Internal Operations in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Peter's Multiview Review

Comments: Excellent. We hit the ground running after implementation and haven't looked back.

Pros:

Implementation Team was very good and we had a excellent experience

Cons:

We had a problem with the Client Success Contact. That was resolved.

Sara
Finance Manager in US

Superuser Review

Comments: Multiview works for its intended purposes. There are obviously some things that aren't great - but there is no such thing as a perfect system. Support is timely in responding to emails when issues arise.

Pros:

Great support when something isn't working quite right or we don't know how to do something in the product.

Cons:

The budget module is no good for the complexity of hospital accounting. Also - there are too many clicks to get from GL to invoice level detail.

Sarah
AP Payroll Clerk in US

Mulitiview Accounting

Comments: I am getting better at navigating Multiview and using the functions better but there are still so many glitches within the system.

Pros:

I like the fact that we can scan invoices into the system and refer to the copy at any time. This saves us time and space since we do not have to file the paper copies in case we need to refer to them.

Cons:

I find that we have a lot of problems with the interface working. It seems like we have to go in and reload all of our files every day.

Brian
CEO in US
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

Multiview - In Implementation currently we have not hit any markers

Comments: Initially the sales pitch was a bit pushy to purchase on a quarter ending. In hindsight that was due to a sales person knowing they were leaving {they left}, but the company made good on their initial items. The implementation team did not address properly our 4 items that were critical for our needs. Approx 12 months later our business analyst wrote up a quick 2 to 4 page document for them and reshared documents we provided their staff in the first couple of months of the project. It appears that "yes" was the answer to can we do it. However they did not vet that "yes" properly.
Their service overall was fine, main person kept pushing off the key items for "later" which is normally a red flag. They asked if we would go live without those items and we declined for a # of reasons. Later they asked if we would consider paying some additional cost to achieve them; we initially said no; then said we would if this would finalize it. {They set the offer on that}. The Virus then hit; and was then told that we might need 10x's that initial offer they set. We obviously said that is not reasonable.
For us the jury is still out on whether or not they will make good. Their system appears to be good for all the basic accounting items; it is a bit large to configure but base system is good. At this point the ball is in their court to finalize what was promised. We are optimistic that they will do that. The needs we have are industry specific not our company. TBD

Pros:

Promised scalability Promised dynamic report Promised solution a few issues we have with "general" accounting software

Cons:

Implementation time has not been met Lack of communication over some of the solutions to the problems Different people brought in on the project that are new and lack the understanding The managing of the key items, waiting and then the back and forth on how. We can't finalize the final con's til this is done but we will post again then. We believe they will step up, it is trying times but everyone is in this together.

Amanda
Accounts Payable in US

Accounting

Comments: Good, but there is room for improvement at least in the invoice entry portion of accounts payable and reporting.

Pros:

Overall ease of use and ability to get things done quickly.

Cons:

Struggle with reporting. Some features in invoice entry need to be improved and streamlined.

VP Finance and Administration in Canada
Facilities Services, 51–200 Employees

SPC Review

Comments: The buying process and the implementation process were good. It is operating effectively.

Pros:

Intuitive Customer service GL structure

Cons:

AP and AR subledger reporting could be improved.

Great for Medium Size Businesses

Comments: Multiview is very user friendly for the functions that we utilize.

Pros:

We use Multiview primarily for the General Ledger and accounts payable processing.

Cons:

The financial statements set up and use is below average.

Jovan
Accounts Payable and Payroll in US
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Kahuku Medical Center

Pros:

I like that the system is an upgrade to the previous accounting system we previously used. I can have multiple tabs open simultaneously to toggle between when working throughout the system. It will prompt me when I'm about to open a duplicate tab, in case I am about to lose work or click out of an ongoing transaction.

Cons:

The loading time. There is an approximate 2 minute load up in the beginning, along with loading time when opening a different tab or function. Aside from this, I have errors when printing bulk checks, where I've had to print them individually or generate separate files to compile for one bulk printing job. It's not too bad when it's only a few checks, but when I have over 50 checks to print, it can be very frustrating.