About AssetCloud

Industry-leading asset tracking solution for organizations of all sizes looking to simplify asset management.

Learn more about AssetCloud

Pros:

It was very straightforward to build python tools that retrieve asset information via web API.

Cons:

If the system has the information input it is possible to pull out the information for reporting. The app that goes with this software always has some kind of problem.

AssetCloud ratings

4.1
4.4
4.2
4.3

8.0/10

AssetCloud has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 261 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AssetCloud before?

Russ
Demo and Rental Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees

AsstCloud works great for us!

Comments: AssetCloud is the best tool we've found to serve our multiple requirements for our pool of assets (sales demonstration, tech support, and rentals, also depreciation and calibration tracking)

Pros:

We use AssetCloud to track thousands of assets spread all over the company. These assets are used for sales demonstrations, tech support, and also rentals. The check-out and check-in functions make it simple to move items and keep track of where they are, and when they're due to be returned. We also use the depreciation utility to calculate depreciation each month, and track current book value.

Cons:

In a previous version, we used the "parent/child" asset relationship tool. It was only recently added back to the AssetCloud version. I would like to have the view option to see "Top level assets only" in the main list views. Regarding initial set up, it takes time and patience to upload an existing database. Care must be taken to have upload files properly formatted and uploaded in the correct order. But that's the world of relational databases!

Stephen
Director of Technology in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent Product for ANY School District

Comments: Overall I recommend any district who needs asset tracking and inventory tracking to go with AssetCloud. The headache that we saved by being hosted on Cloud and allowing each campus to use the product during this epidemic was well worth the extra cost! We had 0 lost or unknown devices and was simple and easy! We will continue to renew the product for the foreseeable future. Hope AssetCloud continues the great work and product development of AssetCloud!

Pros:

This is such a great product. Allows all features and abilities a School District Technology Department needs. Ease of use, check in and out. Keeping up with depreciation of a device and so so much more! This can not be beat for the ability or scope that any ISD would need it for. Could work for any department really!

Cons:

Price is my biggest complaint. It seems high compared to others but yes it is an all in one solution for us. When Covid hit and we had to pivot to online learning we immediately was able to check devices in and out and know exactly who, where, when and why on each device. No matter if it was a hot spot to laptop/Chromebook. 2nd complaint is they charge you per user to use the device via logins. We originally had 3 users who checked devices in and out for staff and students but of course when each campus needed the ability to check out devices we had to pay for each librarian to have his/her own login. We could have shared a general login or something but for security and tracking problems we elected not to do this and paid for each user to have rights.

Brandi
Purchasing & Asset Manager in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

User Friendly

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: We have been able to reduce overspending and utilize the materials we have on hand.

Pros:

I like that I can quickly view each multi-quantity asset's location throughout our organization on one page.

Cons:

I wish the checkout transaction forced the user to enter the "Move To Location" because most of my users forget where it should be when checking the item in.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Panda and AssetTiger

Reasons for Choosing AssetCloud: TipWeb did not offer the option of csv upload. We had to do a ticket if we needed something updated.

Switched From: TIPWeb-IT

Reasons for Switching to AssetCloud: Ease of use

Tom
Tech Director in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Morin Review of Wasp Assett Cloud

Comments: We are finally able to do something with our inventory. Check in and out computers and chroembooks and track them. Its been a learning process in setting it up the way we want.

Pros:

I liked that we got all the equipment we needed including printers etc and the support to aid in setup and further issues was excellent.

Cons:

I would like that when I use the import tools to bring in more assets that it would give a warning if the tag numbers (asset numbers) were already in use. I have had several times on accident that I built my import file and accidently had asset tags I already used and it simply overwrote all the asset info. NO Prompting that they were already in the system. That would have queued me something was amiss (unless I knew I was updating assets) One feature I wish it had was the ability to create an asset template that could have a bardcode that represents everything about the assett so I could then simply scan the new barcode and serial number and it would allow me to easily add many at the same time. (example I buy 100 chromebooks off same PO, same model, etc and the only difference is the serial number and the asset tag that will be assigned. It would be nice to be able to preprint the asset tags and apply them then scan the asset template barcode followed by the SN and Asset tag on each of them. I have to build an CSV file to do this each time.

9 months ago

Thanks Tom for sharing your review. Good to hear that you had a good experience onboarding and integrating your equipment with the software. Thanks also for taking the time to detail some opportunities for improvement. We'll spend some time on these ideas.

Adam
Director of Administration in US
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees

Katsky Korins File Room

Comments: Sr leadership, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT], took the time to educate and make sure the partnership would be a right fit. Since then everyone on the team has continued to hold our hand every step of the way to ensure a good foundation is built to allow us many happy years as an Asset Cloud user.

Pros:

Features and benefits aside, biggest pro was that it is a stand alone product that can but doesn't have to be tied to other existing products. Purchasing from existing vendors as an add on is typically cost prohibitive. We needed an approachable basic solution that can be built out and made more complex as needed. I am interested in integration in the future but need to launch, achieve success, and get back to that next.

Cons:

While an off the shelf product allowed for fair pricing and ease of use, it required a great deal of vision and work to get to the point of execution. I would be interested in working further with the Asset Cloud Team to build out the law firm line with some specific solutions that law firms need/want.

Alternatives Considered: iManage

Reasons for Switching to AssetCloud: Add on bar coding/tracking/library/asset/file products that came as integrated add ons to other existing products have always been cost prohibitive and offered way too much making things too expensive and too complicated to ever be approved for purchase.

7 months ago

Appreciate you pointing out that we are both a stand-alone and highly integrateable solution.

Kendra
Project Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Asset Cloud Review from K12 Education Kitchen Equipment User

Comments: The Work Orders and Quick Maintenance functions need to be improved in Asset Cloud. These functions should be more robust in the future. For example a report history by asset is not available for work orders but is for quick maintenance, but the quick maintenance has capabilities that the other doesn't. I had to make my own list of the differences between the two functions, rather than AssetCloud staff providing this for me. The Work Orders require more data input, but they do not have a report for history by asset. This software absolutely needs a thorough report that details the notes from the Work Order, by export into excel. One can print to pdf and one cannot, why can't they both print to pdf and run the same reports, i.e. continuity. Also, when I ask specific questions about work orders and quick maintenance in training sessions or on the phone with support, the Asset Cloud staff do not know the information. There should be at least one expert at Asset Cloud that is a subject matter expert on all areas of the Asset Cloud software.

Pros:

I like that it is easy enough to manage, not too many data points, easy to check and clean up data.

Cons:

There was not enough help with integration or implementation support. I was told to figure out how to import my data myself rather than it being included with the purchase price. I also thought the cost of initial implementation and training should have been covered in the initial cost. It feels like AssetCloud nickel and dimes you for information and services that should already be supported in the initial set up. Also anytime my staff need to learn something I have to pay for a training session, rather than getting a quick instruction or 15 minute information provided free of charge. Again this service should be covered under our annual support payment.

9 months ago

Thanks Kendra for sharing. We appreciate you pointing out how AssetCloud is easy to use. We've noted your concerns about the onboarding process and based on your recommendations we are planning on introducing greater start-up support very soon.

Andrew
Center IT Support Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Worth the time to learn

Pros:

It's a pretty robust tool, to be honest. I like the physical tag integration, the options for specifying geographical area/section for the item, and of course having the serial # as part of this as well. With a great deal of "work from home" happening in light of the pandemic, we used to have a lot of hardware "go missing" or "get misplacaed". You want to think the best of people, but in a business environment you have to protect yourself and the company. Having something tangible to point to is a very valuable tool that can circumvent many awkward situations, related to possession of said item. With proper implementation set into motion, being able to scan in (with a mobile phone even) hardware on-site in front of the user lets them know we are keeping track of the item. This works as a powerful deterrent to theft in many cases. A lot of the flexibility for how to tag and the organizational options in AssetCloud are great. I've been around systems that are literally just a list and that's it...things that are tagged with a few text characters at best. The fields for keeping things organized makes the tracking much easier and helps me keep on schedule for the rest of my day.

Cons:

Right off the bat, I wouldn't say it's impossible to pick up (it's not like learning to script or do SQL), but you'll need to study up some to get things the way your organization/company wants them done. Fortunately, we had a representative from WASP do a Zoom call and walk us through some of it. That helped whittle down the mountain a bit, but any new system can be intimidating. This is a very soft con, as it's a common occurrence with any new system.

9 months ago

Thank you Andrew! We're so pleased that you are getting strong value out of AssetCloud. Also thank you for your recommendations on how to continue the improvement. We will share your insights with key decision makers.

Benjamin
Logistics Coordinator in US

SixSpeed LLC Asset Cloud Review

Comments: We are preventing things getting taken away without us knowing. We are solving the problem of only one person in the warehouse knowing where everything is located. Now it can be my whole team knowing what we have in the warehouse. They know right where it is at and the condition it is in, so if they need more they know before their next photo shoot or event.

Pros:

Asset tracking specifically checking in/out process. The software interface as a whole is simple to use. I like being able to use the photo option and be as detailed as i can about a specific asset. It makes it so others can easily understand what the asset is. It has been a little challenging to get my co workers used to the software, but after they dive in it does not take them long to figure it out. The process adds another step for us when checking in or out assets, can be tedious when trying to get a load out quickly.

Cons:

I think the features you currently have are great!

Alternatives Considered: Asset Panda

Reasons for Switching to AssetCloud: Ease of use and it seemed like it checked more of the boxes we needed as a whole

Nicholas
Director in Malaysia
Warehousing, 2-10 Employees

My daily affair with Asset Cloud

Comments: With Asset Cloud, I do not have to rely on unreliable missing data from Excel which I have used for the past 10 years in my business. I'm happy to say that, I have chosen the correct software for my business.

Pros:

I'm a user of Asset Cloud and have been using it for 1 year. What I like about the software is it never have lags nor halts during operation. Scanning into the software is a breeze for a non IT background like me. I use Asset Cloud everyday during the operation of In & Out of client's storage boxes. I can easily track them of their status thru the web system. I integrate the software into my Honeywell scanner and it just works fine. By tracking 20 - 30,000 barcodes and hundreds of location. Asset Cloud will not fail you. Some feature I like is the Audit feature where you can check the assets that are stored in that particular location. And if you move a stack of asset to that location, you can just easily scan them in during audit and their original location will be over written.

Cons:

Some cons are like during the New Asset add on, it keep popping up the notice if I would like to search across entire asset or not, and I have to click yes/no everytime I scan a barcode in. I think, if it can be improved to click Yes, and to tick dont ask me again will be a good feature.

Computer Technician in US

Assetcloud - Great product with room to improve.

Comments: Overall, AssetCloud is a solid product. There are some minor tweaks that would help the user experience more.

Pros:

I like that you can now print out an asset tag on a new asset that you are adding. I also like how easy it is to filter to certain assets based on certain criteria.

Cons:

I think it would be nice to see a feature that would allow you to print a certain range of asset tags without having to checkmark that range of assets itself. For instance, if I want to print tags for 220223 thru 220245, I would have to search for the asset tags beginning with 2202 and then checkmark that range. I also think the ui for the search columns (asset tag, brand, location, etc.) could be updated. Sometimes when I search for a specific asset tag it autofills my query with the wrong asset tag.

4 months ago

Thanks for your review, Michael. Glad to hear you feel this is a great product. Do know that we are committed to make improvements to provide you with an even better experience.

Tom
Forensic Laboratory Manager in US
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees

Asset/Evidence Management

Comments: We use this product in a unique way. We use it for evidence management. We were able to add custom fields to capture additional descriptions of evidence. Photographs or other documentation can easily be attached to the asset. It a great solution as you can filter for a specific case number, serial number or client name and it immediately produces all the evidence for a case; including the barcoded location.

Pros:

This software is easy to set up, easy to use and all around a really nice solution. We had some problems integrating the spreadsheet this product ultimately replaced. After several failed attempts, we decided to start from scratch. Since that time, it has really been trouble free. There are a good amount of resources available online to work through any issues or have a feature you just want to learn more about.

Cons:

There are a couple of features of the product I don't care for. The "Quick Search" feature is more of a pain than a convenience. It ultimately does not search for what I need it to and then clearing the text box is flawed. I just avoid it and we get along just fine. The second feature I have issues with is once a new asset has been entered, the new item number is only shown for a few seconds and then disappears. Annoying, but I have learned to make note of it before it goes away.

Seth
Assistant Technician in US

AssetCloud

Pros:

The ability to print labels that have a scannable barcode along with relevant information such as device type, serial number and a unique asset number that links it to much more information such as purchase order history, date of purchase, date inventoried, and activity log, makes inventory management much easier. Having a interface where all that information is readily available for many devices saves time and makes any issues with inventory much simpler to resolve. Most of all, it isn't very complicated to add devices to the software.

Cons:

The interfaces could be more stream-lined, it could be that I haven't had enough time to get comfortable with the software, but I end up digging through several different panels such as transactions or maintenance to do a task such as add an employee to a site, or update site location. Again, I may have simply not had enough practice with the software, but if there was anyway to add shortcuts for heavily used features, I add employees daily as well as edit site locations, that would be helpful.

Debra
Admin Assistant in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Using WASP's Asset Cloud Helps Our School Know Where Our Curriculum/Books Are!

Comments: AssetCloud helps us keep organized. I can pull up a particular textbook in AssetCloud, and it tells me how many we have here in storage, how many are checked out to students, etc. I reached out to the company with a question once, and they responded quickly and gave me clear, easy-to-understand guidance. I'm pleased with my experience overall.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to add more of each book to our inventory. If we have acquired more of a certain textbook than we had previously, it is really simple and fast to add a number of that book to our inventory. I also like that AssetCloud allows you to add a due date to each book check-out.

Cons:

I feel like the number of fields that we need to type information into during a book check-out and check-in could be reduced.

Nicholas
IT Project Manager in US

Wasp All-In

Comments: We originally had this as an on-prem server with an older version. We contacted support and found the best course of action which for us was the cloud. It made more sense, allowed us to retire an old server and move forward into the future with cloud hosting software. So far my client hasn't had a single thing to complain about.

Pros:

The software is easy to use, managed in the cloud, updated, easy on the eyes in the web portal. This software allows for some customization which has allowed our organization to use the software better and more than anticipated.

Cons:

The software can be overwhelming at first. There is a lot on the original landing page. Here it seems to just be completely in your face. It takes a bit of adjusting to but a simplified "Dashboard" might be an easier landing page when you first sign in.

Damian
Techonology Support Specialist I - RAHS in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

BEST Asset Management and Tracking you can buy for the money

Comments: We used WASP Asset for Education for a number of years, and I was well pleased with it. I also used the Wasp products at a previous Organization, so it was vital for me to get them at our school. I wish the whole District could get this product. We switch to the Asset Cloud about a year ago and again I am pleased with its use and customizations.

Pros:

Coming from years of using WASP Asset stand-alone, I really like that it is Web-hosted, has ease of use, robust features, and customizations. Unlimited resources, the ability to track, follow through, audit, and itemize my assets are essential.

Cons:

Do not like that I am unable to upload numerous assets with pictures. It really needs this feature. Sometimes the site access can be slow and has glitches, but expected since it is still being updated.

Andres
Tech Specialist in US

Asset Cloud Review

Comments: Ease to navigate and the structure of the menu is well organized. The mobile version needs some improvement. For example when scanning an asset tag, there is no way to find the assigned field. I believe that this is important if you are on the go and scanning products with the phone.

Pros:

The feature that we like the most is the import tool. It was great to see new additions as to what we can mass import. I believe the templates are self explanatory and easy to fill.

Cons:

My only concern is when uploading the check-in template because sometimes we received the success screen but in the end some of the devices are not being checked in. This issue happened several times and often when I do mass check in, I. have to go back and make sure everything is correct.

9 months ago

Thank you Andres for taking the time to share your experiences regarding AssetCloud. Good to know how valuable you find the import tool, We'll look into the check-in template.

Randy
Computer Technician in US

Using AssetCloud for Equipment Inventory in Schools

Pros:

It is easy to enter and maintain our IT inventory in AssetCloud. Customer Service has been quick to respond to our questions and has even implemented some of our requested options. They continue to improve the product with upgraded features. We also use the WASP barcode printer with AssetCloud, which makes printing labels much easier than with our previous software. We also like that the software is web-based and we can access it from anywhere when needed. The new "quick search" feature is also helpful. We also like being able to mass import new devices and import the serial numbers or locations later if not immediately available when imported.

Cons:

So far all the features that we felt were missing have been added or upgraded, so no "cons" for us at this time.

Gary
Warehouse Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Gary's Review #1

Comments: It's good but could be improved for ease of use without hours and hours of training.

Pros:

It is a simple way to keep track of tools and where they are.

Cons:

1. Some of the screens do not associate. For example, if I am searching and go down a rabbit hole, typically you have to redo the search from the start because the program takes you there instead of backing out one step at a time. 2. When you move assets, you can only move what is on the screen and not the whole list, if there are multiple pages, don't like that. 3. Our company has multiples of the same tool, so when entering a new asset, it would be nice to have the program prompt you choose from lists that are already created so you don't have multiple names for one tool, by two different program users. Continuity is important, especially when searching.

Rhenea
Asst. Technology Director in US

Convenience at Your Fingertips

Comments: We have been able to track devices much better since we implemented the software. We are not losing near as much inventory.

Pros:

I don't have to be at the same computer in the district to take care of business. I can look up what products we have, who has them, what they cost, and when we bought them. It was a little time consuming to setup, but once everything was ready, it reduced the time it took to report inventory.

Cons:

There are a few things that could be added to the multiple device setting.

Corey
Tool clerk/Shop worker in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Small Company

Comments: I have used the local Asset Management (ver 6 and 7) and preferred it in some aspects, like having a local copy of the DB available in the event of an internet outage. The cloud ver is overall easy to use and I have seen gui improvements in the last year. The iOS app has improved since its first inception but needs a little work in the processing speed.

Pros:

It is easy to use once you learn where all of the items are. The reporting ability is decent and simple to use with the canned reports.

Cons:

The Mass Update options are limited and having to check items in to move and then check back out when a custodian is moving from jobsite to jobsite. The default labels also do not work well in the environment of mechanical maintenance where grease and chemicals are used.

Monica
Senior Scientist in US
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees

Asset Cloud

Comments: Tracking laboratory equipment, and setting maintenance schedules for calibration/preventative services.

Pros:

Maintenance schedule tracking & report offerings

Cons:

Software can be finicky when it comes to searches... must clear previous query. Not very intuitive to use.

4 months ago

Thanks for detailing your experience with AssetCloud. We have reviewed your experience and will leverage these insights to continue to pursue the excellence of this software.

Chase
Director of Technology in US

Amazing Product

Pros:

The ease of use of this product and being able to access it anywhere. It handles everything we need it to and more.

Cons:

Wish the mobile app was a little more robust.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Panda

Reasons for Switching to AssetCloud: It had a cleaner feel to it and allowed us to print checkout/checkin receipts.

4 months ago

Hello Chase. Wonderful to know that you are pleased with AssetCloud and find it to be an amazing solution to your business needs.

Melanie
Laboratory Analyst in US
Biotechnology, 1,001-5,000 Employees

WASP Cloud

Comments: The intent for using of this software is to reduce typographical errors on case related paperwork, reduce the amount of information written on case related documents with the use of an asset tag number, provide a one stop location of all electronic data (e.g. Q/QC data, Casefile documents, product information, etc.) as they pertain to specific asset numbers and assets associated to the parent asset. The software accomplishes this goal. Although years ago sales had recommended "Professional" when it was the available software type/version based on our needs when I originally reached out the WASP, I can't say that I would recommend this software for the laboratories functions and needs I have outlined throughout this survey for other forensic laboratories.

Pros:

Creating a label within the software is a nice feature and makes that function easy. The previous Enterprise version required a label software to generate labels making it rather laborious. Customer service is mostly helpful although there were a few instances a resolution could not be resolved either by the lack of knowledge of the rep or the limitation of the software.

Cons:

Integration of my 3G database from Enterprise to Cloud was a nightmare and took months to resolve. Although the software is easy to use once the user becomes familiar with its functionality, it is not user friendly and takes a significant amount of time to navigate the program. A training session either on-site or by virtual meeting would be helpful. Some of the available video were helpful, but limited. Once the user becomes familiar with the software, portions are easily navigable, other functions are not attainable. One function I'd like to see improved is the ability to pull expiration dates of assets between a select subset of days. Currently, to pull a select range of expiration dates (e.g. 08/01/21 - 08/14/21), I have to search for the year 2021, then scroll and select assets within that date range.

Brooks
Scientific Operations Specialist in US
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees

A great product

Comments: It has been an overall positive experience

Pros:

It helps build a system of tracking all of the assets together and making sure things are being serviced appropriately

Cons:

There is a lot of features that are not so intuitive, but are very powerful when specifically trained on how to use them

Andrew
Warehouse Manger in US
Warehousing, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Assetcloud review

Pros:

Being able to access our warehouse inventory on the go.

Cons:

Some times it does not boot up correctly or wont let me log on