15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Moodle

With hundreds of millions of users around the globe, more organisations choose Moodle to support their education and training needs.

Learn more about Moodle

Pros:

Easy to use product that was easy to integrate and allowed me to help administration of course users.

Cons:

It is really difficult to navigate and find what you are looking for. The dashboard includes courses from current and previous semesters which is really confusing.

Moodle ratings

4.1
4.0
4.2
4.4

8.0/10

Moodle has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 3,223 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Moodle before?

Filter reviews (3,223)

ulises
ulises
Personal de apoyo in Mexico
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Moodle: Exploiting your potential with an Effective Digital Learning Tool

Comments: In my experience I have worked several times with the moodle tool both as a student doing several diploma courses and as a professor at the university where I teach and it is a tool that if you like to investigate, test and experiment with the tools has a very wide field of possibilities.

Pros:

moodle is one of the best among many e-learning tools, as well as being open source and with many customizable features adapting to the teaching models you wish to implement. Another point to highlight is that it has an extensive community that helps to develop teaching ideas being able to adapt the contents in a more efficient way.Highlighting that you can add content created in html and scorm format which allows you to develop better courses.

Cons:

What I liked most about Moodle was its flexibility and customization. The platform allows instructors to tailor it to the specific needs of their course, which makes learning more effective and relevant.Although Moodle offers many useful features, there is also one thing that needs to be worked on is that it has a linear structure which can sometimes cause the student to lose a bit of interest, so the teacher will need to make the content engaging for the student.

11 months ago

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience and capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWB6xEOfG1k Regards, Moodle

Higher Education Software, 201–500 Employees

Got Us Online During Pandemic in Less Than 6 Days!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We love our business relationship with our account manager—he handles things timely and understands our schools and their needs. Creating/uploading a course has gotten very simple. Integration with WooCommerce was a breeze. We love being able to customize the platform for our brands. We use Workspace and the regular Cloud Moodle. Workspace to supplement our programs with in-person training and Cloud Moodle for our online/live webinar continuing education courses.

Cons:

Regular support with Moodle can take a while, especially with the back-and-forth emailing. They are not very proactive to jump on a call and figure it out together. However, when it gets painfully slow - our account manager speeds up the process.

5 days ago

Hi, Thank you for sharing your experience with Moodle! It's fantastic to hear that you've had a positive experience using Moodle. The Moodle community is a vibrant space for sharing knowledge and experiences for further enrichment, support, and engagement with others. Visit us at https://moodle.org. If you want to improve, customise, or expand your LMS, we encourage you to contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers, who can provide 24/7 support. Discover how they can support your needs at https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/. Warmest regards, The Moodle Team

Santhosh
Student in India
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Student experience

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

How feasible it is to submit my assignments and access the articles my faculty posts

Cons:

The UI is terrible and specifically the "recent users" feature in LMS is just useless

5 days ago

Hi Santhosh, We appreciate you taking the time to review Moodle. It's great to know you've had a positive experience managing your courses with Moodle. We are continuously working on improving Moodle to deliver the best possible learning environment. To discover the new and improved features of Moodle, including changes to UX/ UI, with our latest release, please visit https://moodle.com/moodle-4/. If you want to customise or upscale your LMS to your organisation’s unique needs, you can contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers. Find more information here: https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/. Thank you, Moodle Team

Catalin
Consultant IT in Romania
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Basic tool for distance learning

Comments: We used the tool since first versions, and i can say it's good enough to sustain training need for an amount like 5-10 courses in parallel with an affordable price.

Pros:

Affordable. Fast enough. Smooth access to courses and content.

Cons:

Lack of graphical interface. Very hard to backend administration and also very often updates that consume a lot of time (database technology updates too often).

2 months ago

Hi Catalin, We appreciate you taking the time to review Moodle. It's great to know you find Moodle useful for distance learning. We are continuously working on improving Moodle to deliver the best possible learning environment. To discover the new and improved features of Moodle, including changes to UX/ UI, with our latest release, please visit https://moodle.com/moodle-4/. If you want to customise or upscale your LMS to your organisation’s unique needs, you can contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers. Find more information here: https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/. Thank you, Moodle Team

Mitchell
US
Primary/Secondary Education

Moodle from a Helpdesk Perspective

Pros:

I have been supporting faculty and students for over four years on Moodle. One of the best features is the friendliness of the LMS environment. It is fairly easy to take an adult learner with minimal online experience from the login page to submitting assignments. The second aspect on my scale is usability. The LMS is simple enough to learn without a manual. To learn some of the advanced features may take sometime to discover unless you are utilizing the user guide and then it becomes a jumping point to enhance a course even more. Working and playing with the environment with a "seek and find" approach provides a great foundation for supporting various clients. My institution uses the hosted environment, Moodlerooms. It is a great time and budget saver as we really cannot afford a full-time position and pay what should be paid to an individual and expect the environment to be up 99%+ and 24x7. One other advantage is planned updates every 6 months. Moodlerooms is typically one version behind which gives the Moodle community time to finish shaking out all the bugs.

Cons:

The one thing I dislike about the vendor is the minimal number of add-in modules provided to the institutions. There are numerous add-ins out in the Moodle user world that could be an asset to our students but are not there because of the locked down environment provided by Moodlerooms.

Kierra
Director in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Moodle LMS

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Moodle is great for a company/organization looking for complete control and customization. We serve kids, so this is a great plus for us. I love the available integrations and the clean look of the interface.

Cons:

As I mentioned in the pros, Moodle LMS is very customizable. However, because there are so many customization options it can be overwhelming for a company that doesn't need a lot of features. I also recommend choosing Moodle LMS if you have a tech person on your team as coding is involved in setting things up.

5 days ago

Hi Kiera, We wanted to say a huge thank you for sharing your thoughts on Moodle. We're thrilled to hear that you see the potential in our platform! We want you to know that our team is working tirelessly to make sure that Moodle is always evolving and meeting your needs. If you require support regarding LMS customisation, expansion, or improvement, we recommend getting in touch with our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers who offer 24/7 assistance. You can learn more about how they can assist you by visiting https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/. Warm regards, The Moodle Team

Tembi
Executive Director in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Moodle offers features comparable to big box LMS

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: So far I am loving my experience with Moodle. There is a lot of helpful information available online along with communities you can join on social media to learn more.

Pros:

What I like most about Moodle is the plugins. You can customize the features you need using the plugins that people are creating.

Cons:

Moodle does have a learning curve, to some people it may seem technical. It is helpful to have someone on your team who specializes in Moodle. Alternatively, there are several Moodle Partners and other companies that specialize in Moodle Configuration.

5 days ago

Hi Tembi, We wanted to say a huge thank you for sharing your thoughts on Moodle. We're thrilled to hear that you see the potential in our platform! We want you to know that our team is working tirelessly to make sure that Moodle is always evolving and meeting your needs. If you require support regarding LMS customisation, expansion, or improvement, we recommend getting in touch with our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers who offer 24/7 assistance. You can learn more about how they can assist you by visiting https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/. Warm regards, The Moodle Team

Moses F
Founder in Liberia
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Best E-learning Platform

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Moodle had been very awesome and I have been able to recommend this software to all of my friends because of it good UX/UI design.

Pros:

The easy navigation and it's easy to use and beautiful UX/UI design.

Cons:

There is nothing about this platform that i don't like yet.

5 days ago

Hi Moses F, We appreciate your feedback! It's great to hear that you find Moodle's interface beautiful and easy to navigate. We're dedicated to continuously improving our platform and ensuring your Moodle journey is smooth, successful, and fully aligned with your organisation’s needs. Thank you, Moodle Team

E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Moodle: The E- Learning Management

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Moodle is good for institute for students to Assignment completion, attendance management, notes updation etc.

Pros:

Moodle is easy to access for the assignment, courses progress tracking and conducting the test exam.

Cons:

Moodle is not helpful for online classes

5 days ago

Hi, We appreciate your feedback! Your insights are crucial to us. We're dedicated to continuously improving our platform, and ensuring your Moodle journey is smooth, successful, and fully aligned to your evolving needs. Thank you, Moodle Team

E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Moodle reviews 2024

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease user experience, best custome support, doesn't consume alot of data compared to others applications

Cons:

Its sometimes crushes down but not frequently.

5 days ago

Hi, Thank you for sharing your experience with Moodle! Moodle is designed to offer flexibility and adaptability to meet your organisation's unique needs. We are dedicated to improving our platform to provide the best learning experience. Our network of Certified Partners and Service Providers is always available to provide the best assistance and customisations for your needs. Find a partner in your region easily by visiting https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/ We look forward to contributing to your learning success. Thank you for choosing Moodle, and have a great day! Thank you, Moodle Team

Aman
Teaching Assistant in India
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Moodle up the way

Comments: Overall experience with google is under satisfactory as compared to Blackboard and Canvas. It is the least help application I have ever used.

Pros:

The software is an online education learning module software. It is mostly used by universities and other educational institutes. Overall the software is very decent, it offers a variety of features, plagiarism checker, and other variety of features. It does not have any option of predicting grade which is offered by Canvas. As a T.A. I would as it is a decent software but there are better softwares than moodle.

Cons:

The software does not have a fully functional mobile appliation which is offered by Blackboard and Canvas which are other learning management systems. Moodle is also sluggish and courses appear later and from time to time there are bugs in the application.

CLYDE EUGENE
Departmental Chair in Zimbabwe
Higher Education Software, 51–200 Employees

Robust LMS

Comments: Overall, I would say Moodle has been great, since I have now mastered many aspects of the LMS. The first few months were painful, but it was all worth it.

Pros:

Moodle is a robust LMS that we use at our university. It exceptionally manages student learning by offering the tools that educators need to teach in the 21st century. The quiz creation tools are what won me over from a competitor in this space. My reluctance to jump on board was further eased by discovering just how customisable it is. Admins can install new plugins that add extra functionality (and there are plenty of these to choose from) as well as themes that spruce up the interface (it may be necessary depending on your taste). There is also a very supportive community backing the Moodle project and the support of this community is indispensable to anyone looking to fully maximise their use of the LMS. Moodle also updates the platform ever so often, and as I write, they recently updated to Moodle 3.8 (I have work to do to update my site on v3.6).

Cons:

Moodle is a beast in terms of functionality and this, unfortunately, is its biggest drawback. It is not an easy job trying to onboard new faculty members with no background in IT. It has a somewhat steepish learning curve that can certainly be tackled but not without exerting some effort and patience. The UI is also not as inspiring. I am glad that recent updates have really modernised the look and feel of the LMS but other competitors excel in offering an intuitive out-of-the-box experience. This can be easily overcome by theming the LMS and Moodle has done well in allowing this though it needs an experienced professional to do this.

Biotechnology, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The free Software that saved my Education

Comments: As an African student who managed to get a Scholarship to study in India during the Pandemic, it sounded almost impossible to continue my education. I was back home sending emails to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at my Uni practically every week regarding travel restrictions, and his response was always, "The school got it covered; you will be able to learn from home." Previously, I knew people with terrible experiences with online education, so I was scared the same thing would apply to me. The school had already opened an account for every student, My first day in class was fantastic. My course materials, classroom links , deadlines for submission, quizzes, and so many features that made my education transition smooth. Now I'm in India thanks to Moodle; I did my quiz today during halftime of football with no difficulties. that is how much Moodle has helped me so far.

Pros:

Whether you are a student, Lecturer, Employer, or Employee, Moodle has almost everything traditional Education can offer. The fact that it notifies me about my deadlines is a win, and it's almost impossible to miss out on submissions; I can easily track every step I have made through my educational journey with just one login. It also allows you to choose what you want to appear on your dashboard. And for professionals, Moodle is highly secured, allows you to be versatile and offers good Customer support.

Cons:

I feel the software can be made more attractive to student. Though most people use it for educational purposes, I personally think there is still room to make it more attractive.

last year

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4.0's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Soorya
Founder in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Product is great but extending, deployment and customization requires

Comments: Overall we liked the features provided by Moodle but not the whole experience of setting it up as per our requirement and deployment.

Pros:

Moodle comes with power packed features that any elearning company can build upon. For any modern enterprise building on EdTech and Learning/Training domain, Moodle covers most aspects of our business. The product itself is open source which means we do not have to pay for the software. However we were not able to go much further on our own and eventfully had to hire a vendor and consultants to customize and the costs shot up drastically!

Cons:

The software definitely requires technical experts/consultants who understand it's architecture and will be able to customize or extend the features/design. We had to hire external consultants to fix a lot of issues and not a really pleasant experience for small company like ours.

E-Learning, Self Employed

Flexible for designers, teachers and students

Pros:

As an online learning designer, Moodle is a fantastic tool because it integrates multiple options for learning and collaboration between both on and off campus students. It is incredibly flexible with a plethora of both simple and advanced features which can be integrated at a teacher’s preference, and the entire teaching experience can be run through the system. It’s agile enough to integrate with multiple external software systems so is less restrictive than some LMS systems. The interface can be configured to suit individual institutions or teaching and allows a teacher to monitor all activity. As a course designer, Moodle Analytics are extremely valuable because I can see exactly what parts of the course are being accessed, how often, and if they are being completed. This allows me to know if individual components of the course are beneficial to learning or if it needs changing or replacing, without the risk of violating student or institution privacy. When working for an institution that is a Moodle partner, I like the opportunity to help shape Moodle’s future by offering submissions direct to the designers.

Cons:

Whenever updates for Moodle are released (six monthly) there are always some problems with existing content, especially with non-standard features that have been designed exclusively for a course or institution. Sometimes they are not immediately evident and can cause issues during the teaching period. Moodle is a very large, powerful system, so it can take considerable time to understand it well enough to be confident designing and teaching courses. Also, if support staff are not on hand it can be difficult to resolve issues or find ways to integrate special requests from teachers.

Harshil
Internship in Germany
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

E-learning Plus Full package of online studying

Comments: Extraordinary, learning with perfect understanding, ideation, E-learning, online learning leds to flexible learning.

Pros:

I am a student of Hochschule Duesseldorf University of applied sciences. My university is on Moodle and my every second thing is operated by means of moodle. My lectures notes, attendance, research papers, books, Homework, assignments and even some times examinations with the end result everything is done on moodle platform. It is an complete platform for an university student. Every course is given a separate folder by which ease of operation is achieved. During this corona pandemic time my lectures were also done via moodle and also by other online platform but moodle is the medium of uploading the recorded lectures which is very much helpful for the teachers as well as for students. Various Forums were created by lecturers on moodle in order to have a Q/A session or a survey session by which every student can participate and can also upload their respective files. On my vision, moodle is the best learning tool I ever come through, it is simpler and better way of teaching and providing teaching materials. Also there is an Chat option by which teachers can guide there students.

Cons:

Moodle can create a sudden limitation toward ones privacy as every one in the course is able to operate almost every thing which is available in the course material and forum which can be not a suitable thing for everyone. I think moodle should provide some privacy features like only xyz person can see and edit the files or works by which false marketing and copying can be avoided but it is just an suggestion from my side as in my class such a situation had arises in some previous time.

Rikaz
Rikaz
Medical Officer in Health Informatics in Sri Lanka
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A reliable learning platform with a vibrant community.

Comments: I'm proud to be a Moodle user for over 15 years and it's steady progress and the ability to have a paid rollout shows how much this Leaning Management System has grown over the years. If you are starting your E-Learning journey and want a LMS that is easy to use, free, & with an active community then look no further than Moodle.

Pros:

I have been using Moodle since 2007 and boy, has it come a long way since then. The Learning Management System has always prided itself on being open and even back then had a wonderful community who are keen to help. Moodle is now widely available for instant installation in many hosting providers so it's easy to setup and there are plenty of paid and free resources to learn how to setup your first Moodle course. The features to develop lessons been greatly augmented by the introduction of H5P taking it to commercial standard. Course Management has always been Moodle's strength and teachers and student's alike find Moodle to be easy to use and navigate. Assessments are varied from formative to summative methods and now reflective methods such as ePortfolio. Moodle also has a massive plugin community to cater to nearly every need.

Cons:

Being a free and open-source software, Moodle requires the user to be somewhat tech savvy with some basic knowledge of how code works and this is especially useful when needing HTML to prepare content. Since their is no customer support, Users should also be willing to seek help from the Moodle community forums which usually give good advice.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Moodle's network of Service Providers are certified by Moodle's exacting standards in customer service, technical capability and include our endorsed network of 100 Moodle partners and premium partners. Providing regionally relevant expertise in customisations, hosting, support and training. Find your Moodle Partner here: https://bit.ly/3tMjSve

Janith
Janith
Software Engineer in Sri Lanka
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Experience the Power of Moodle: A Review of the Popular LMS

Comments: Moodle is a popular learning management system (LMS) that is used by educators and learners in a variety of settings. It is highly customizable and flexible, and includes a range of tools for organizing and delivering course materials, creating and grading assignments and assessments, and tracking student progress. Moodle is also known for its collaboration features, including forums and wikis, which can be useful for building a sense of community among students and instructors. In addition, Moodle includes tools for tracking progress, such as grades and completion status, which can be useful for students to stay motivated and track their own learning, and for educators to monitor student progress and identify areas where students may need additional support.Overall, Moodle is a comprehensive and user-friendly LMS that is widely used in a range of educational settings. It is highly customizable and flexible, and includes a range of tools for delivering and managing online courses, as well as for supporting collaboration and progress tracking. These features make Moodle a valuable resource for educators and learners seeking to support online learning and achieve educational goals.

Pros:

Here are some of the pros of Moodle:1.Customizability: Moodle is highly customizable, which means that it can be tailored to meet the specific needs of different institutions and departments. This can be a valuable feature for educators who want to create a unique and personalized learning experience for their students.2.Flexibility: Moodle can be used to support a wide range of learning activities, including traditional coursework, online quizzes, collaborative projects, and self-paced learning. This makes it a versatile tool for educators to use in different contexts.3.Collaboration: Moodle includes a number of built-in tools that support collaboration and communication between students and instructors, such as forums and wikis. These can be useful for collaborative assessments, where students work together to complete a project or presentation.4.Tracking progress: Moodle includes tools for tracking progress, such as grades and completion status. This can help students to stay motivated and track their own learning, and can also be useful for educators to monitor student progress and identify areas where students may need additional support.5.Large and active user community: Moodle has a large and active user community, which can be a valuable resource for educators and administrators seeking support and guidance in using the platform.6.Moodle is an open-source learning management system (LMS), that it is freely available for anyone to download and use.

Cons:

Here are some potential cons of Moodle:Complexity: Some users may find Moodle to be a complex platform, with a large number of features and options that can be overwhelming or confusing. This may be particularly true for educators who are new to using an LMS, or for those who are looking for a more simple and straightforward platform. Customization requires technical expertise: While the customizability of Moodle can be a positive feature, it may also be a drawback for organizations or institutions that do not have the technical expertise or resources to fully customize the platform. Customizing Moodle may require programming skills or the use of third-party plugins, which can be time-consuming and require ongoing maintenance. Limited integrations: Moodle may not have as many integrations with other platforms and tools as some other LMSs, which can limit the capabilities and functionality of the platform. Lack of support for mobile devices: Some users have reported that Moodle is not as well-suited for use on mobile devices as some other LMSs, which can be a drawback for students and educators who rely on mobile devices for learning.

Melanie
Melanie
Graphic Designer in Spain
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

As a student...

Comments: I think it's something teachers love for practicality and time, but honestly I miss paper and pens to be in touch with the real world.

Pros:

I use moodle since covid, the favorite platform of the universities, at the beginning I found it complicated to use and manage, so it took me time to adapt to the system. Having to remember to log in to put attendance or delivery times stressed me a lot, but I got over it with time and accepted my destiny.

Cons:

I don't like that it only sends me notifications when it wants to and not what you ask it to ask for. I find it complicated to find my final grades, I am never clear about my score. On the other hand I hate that I don't have a lot of tolerance time to enter and that in a short time I leave the session.

7 months ago

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. For any technical assistance, you can reach out to Moodle Certified Partners or Service Providers. Regards, Moodle

Education Management

Moodle has been one of the best tools I have ever implemented in my high school courses!

Comments: I think I stated most if not all the benefits in the "pro" section. It's a great time saver once courses are set up.
I can see the stats on my students' involvement with the various parts of it.
I can cut down paper work by having files submitted electronically.
I can use rubrics of my own design to quickly grade programming assignments
I can mark up PDF submissions on the screen to give feedback.
I can moderate discussions and teach students how to speak in a forum setting.
I can provide more opportunities for students to think and produce more creatively.
I can enjoy creating my own materials!

Pros:

Moodle allows me to provided a blended learning environment for my students. I use it for AP Statistics, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, and Integrated Math 1. I can post assignment schedules, additional readings, links to off-site materials, etc. just as I did in my web pages in the past. However, it also allows me to assign "lessons" that my students do interactively online, discussion boards where they have to write their thoughts coherently, and assignments where students upload files for me to review and grade. It has become an important communication tool for me to use with both students and parents outside school hours. No student can say they forgot their book at school or don't remember the assignment because texts and assignments are online in Moodle. Parents can see what their students are doing in my class academically and not just the grades they receive. Moodle has become more important to my teaching than the textbook. All resources can be found in one place and students can interact with the materials, each other, and me in class and outside class. We have even implemented a computer lab and device reservation system for teachers in Moodle which has saved our librarians a ton of hours of work each week.

Cons:

Moodle is not intuitive to the novice. It took some time for me to learn how to use its many features and implement them well. I have been doing this for at least 8 years, but I am still learning more about the system and its capabilities. As the server administrator, doing upgrades has always been problematic. I don't think an upgrade has ever gone smoothly. The reason I stick with it is because I haven't found a LMS that can offer me as much as Moodle. Plus, it's free and we can run it in-house.

karan
Digital Marketing Analyst in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best tool for learning management

Comments: My overall experience with Moodle has been positive. I have found the platform to be very user-friendly and easy to navigate. I have been able to quickly create and manage my courses, as well as customize them to meet my specific needs. The platform also offers many helpful features, such as activity completion tracking, grade book, attendance tracking, and more. The customer service team has been responsive and helpful when I’ve had questions or needed assistance. Overall, I’ve found Moodle to be a great tool for creating, managing, and delivering course content.

Pros:

1. Easy to Use: Moodle's interface is user-friendly and intuitive for both students and instructors. It doesn't require any special technical skills to use the software. 2. Flexible: Moodle is highly flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of most organizations. It offers a variety of features that can be tailored to fit any organization's learning goals. 3. Cost-Effective: Moodle is open-source software, meaning it is free to use. This makes it a cost-effective option for organizations that want to use a Learning Management System without breaking the bank. 4. Secure: Moodle is secure and reliable, ensuring the safety of user data. All data is encrypted, and there are numerous security measures in place to protect against data breaches. 5. Scalable: Moodle is designed to be scalable, making it easy to add more users or features to the system as needed. It can also be used with other systems, such as Google Apps for Education, to create a comprehensive learning environment.

Cons:

1. It can take a long time to set up a course in Moodle, especially if the course is large and complex.2. The cost of implementing and maintaining Moodle can be high.3. Moodle does not offer an easy way to integrate with other systems, such as third-party applications or data sources.4. Some features are difficult to find and use.

Arlando
Student Teacher in Jamaica
Higher Education Software, Self Employed

Moodle Through a student's eyes

Comments: The overall experience using Moodle is good. It great to navigate even if your a first time user and is very effective in online teacher especially during this pandemic.

Pros:

I've been using Moodle for three years now. Since the pandemic i had to be using it more frequently to check for assignments, course outlines, discussion forums and due dates. What I enjoy about Moodle is its easy navigations and how organize it is. It also provide a mini calendar that publish the due dates of assignments from different courses. Now here is another plus to this calendar, it takes you directly to the assignment information without you having to go through the hassle of scrolling and looking for the assignment that is due. Also, submissions of assignments are fast and easy as it allows you to upload your document from your device and as simple as 1-2 clicks sometimes and then your finish, and even allow you to edit the submission a few minutes after you initial attempt just incase you made a mistake. The discussion forums on Moodle are very interactive, it makes it easy to read and critique your classmates work and like the submission portal it allows you to edit your responses up to 30 minutes of the initial post.

Cons:

What I don't like much about Moodle is that sometimes when there are a lot of users accessing the portal it tends malfunction and bar users from accessing the website. This happens especially when there is a major assignment due and everyone is trying to submit before the deadline ends.

Jim Paul
Jim Paul
Teacher in Philippines
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees

Moodle as a Platform for Learning Management Systems

Comments: I've been using Moodle for quite some time now, and I could say that so far, it has disappointed me. This is the solution educators are looking for to automate their teaching-related tasks. Also, it's the perfect application tool to bridge disconnected learners due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Distance learning has been made easier, more,enjoyable, and activity-filled! This is the future of education and now is the best time to start familiarizing ourselves with learning management systems. Why look for another platform when Moodle is the best. This is open education offered by Moodle making it free and accessible to all regardless of gender, age, status, or race. Keep it up, Moodle. Way to go!

Pros:

Moodle has been my go-to platform in building my own offline LMS. Since I got trained about using Moodle, I started loving it especially now that it has been a big help for us teachers to tide over distance education. I find the features and elements of this software as excellent for developing LMS. The fact that a lot of third party applications can be integrated to it makes this application tool top of the line. Teachers need this to make the teaching and learning process much more convenient and interesting. With Moodle, teachers can make use of multimedia tools to pique the interest of students for a more meaningful and fun way of learning their lessons.

Cons:

To be honest, Moodle is the best LMS software out there. It has all the things an educator needs to integrate ICT in their instruction. However, navigating through different buttons and functions can be a little tricky that anyone who's interested to build their own LMS through this platform should undergo a tedious job of studying and learning tutorials in using it. Although, for a person like me who's not so tech-savvy, I could say that once you get the hang of it, creating your own learning system will be a breeze. To the company, you can still intensify your customer support to make your tutorial and troubleshooting services available to Moodle LMS enthusiasts to provide ease in using this great education software. Kudos!

Claudine
Claudine
Talent Manager in South Africa
Financial Services Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Efficient and Engaging LMS

Comments: Using Moodle as our go-to LMS ensures that we can reach our employees across 15 different countries. The reporting is great to track the completion for different business units.

Pros:

Moodle is constantly upgrading the platform with new and exciting functionalities added. The look and feel are easy to customize.The navigation page is easy for users to search and find courses. Enrolling users is simple. Loading courses is easy.

Cons:

There is nothing that I dislike about it.

8 months ago

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience and capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWB6xEOfG1k . For any technical assistance, you can reach out to Moodle Certified Partners or Service Providers. Regards, Moodle

Wassim
Associate Professor in US
Computer Networking, 501–1,000 Employees

Moodle: a time-tested LMS

Comments: Very positive experience. Prefer it over Blackboard in many features.

Pros:

The course management features from assignment management (due dates, late assignment tracking, plagiarism testing) to test management and grading tools.

Cons:

The performance is sometimes lagging probably because of server contention that might not be related to the software platform itself. But still more evaluation and testing should be considered before assessing the source of the bottleneck.

11 months ago

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience and capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWB6xEOfG1k . Regards, Moodle