15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

inFlow Inventory Reviews

4.6 (460) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About inFlow Inventory

The secret powering small businesses in 90+ countries worldwide. Track stock, manage sales, pick and ship orders, and more,

Learn more about inFlow Inventory

Pros:

Easy to use cloud based system that is being operated at three sites, covered the features we needed for our stock tracing.

inFlow Inventory ratings

4.6
4.6
4.3
4.5

8.8/10

inFlow Inventory has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 460 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used inFlow Inventory before?

Manny
Manny
Network Administrator in US

Sales & Purchase made simple

Comments: Software is one of my favorites for companies with no purchase order system.

Pros:

Great for small companies who need sales and purchasing. Sales has records of customer quoted sales and purchases can see what to order. Great way for a company to keep track of purchases and data can be exported to third part software. Purchasing software even has serial column for warranty verification of products. Was great for HVAC and appliance repair company. Great software for company with no purchase order system. Can make everything paperless and user's can view inventory, content and prices with no license. User license is portable.

Cons:

Software lacks year end inventory count reset. Reports could be better to show year to date expenses. I had a tough time getting year to date reports.

louis
Branch Manager in US
Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

Review from Eastside Exterminators

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall it has been an awesome experience. I was sold from the beginning. [sensitive content hidden] to get our inventory imported and get our custom fields setup, it was clear that the support was awesome. We have been with inflow since 2018 and I have recommended inflow to some of our sister companies across the country.

Pros:

Technical support is quick to respond and communicates clearly. User interface on the desktop version is very clear and easy to use. Showroom access helps efficiency.

Cons:

Having to pay for increments of 5 user subscriptions at a time. Meaning that one person needing to be added will cost you adding 5, leaving 4 licenses unused. Showroom needs an "add to cart" button. Currently, you just increase the quantity, which works fine, it just confuses people new to the process until they get the hang of it. It also leads to people adding things to their cart that they did not mean to add.

last month

Thanks, Louis! It's great to hear the details of which parts of inFlow you're finding useful, and we've shared the Showroom feedback with our product team. And you're right that our plans come with a minimum number of users—like 2 or 5. We don't currently offer plans with fewer users than that, but there are options to add one extra user at a time. ^TW

Peter
Manager in Canada
Used the Software for: Not provided

Very intuitive, and such an easy entry into the world of bar-coding.

Comments: I went to the internet with a need, and that was to get our small business bar-coded, since the old words-only tags were taking so long to process at the point of sale, ie. hand written receipts and all, causing lineups that were too long at times and likely costing us business. I found your book offer "Bar-code Your Business" and ordered a copy. It was well written, very concise, and of course, led me to purchase Inflow. What I REALLY like about Inflow is how intuitive it is. I didn't need to take a course to figure it out, as it feels very Windows-like. I purchased a no-name bar code gun online, devised a model code scheme for our products, and was up and running in no time. Thanks. On the "not so shiny" comments side, I can't say I liked the upgrade from v2 to v3. The original v2 did everything I needed, and required less explanation to my helpers as to it's function. Suddenly with v3, we now had to hit Save, Fulfill and Mark Paid, all of which ended up with me having to fix this by cheating the date on my computer and closing orders after the fact, when the helpers didn't do it the first time. I was also broadsided one day when on the job, Inflow v3 just froze up on me and I didn't know what to do, exactly when I needed it the most. Well, it turns out that I had to be connected to the internet to use it, obviously so Inflow could monitor licensing/usage status. This was not good, although your customer service was quick to help me with this. If you could find another way to police the licensing, that would be nice. And finally, the one thing that drives me nuts (did again yesterday) is the fact that if I fill in the "customer name" field AFTER having filled in the sales order details, any discounts applied off original price get erased. This has on a number of occasions caused me to inadvertently overcharge customers, and is extremely embarrassing when it's they who notice it first and think I'm trying to "pull a fast one" on them. PLEASE fix this! (although I'm outside of my customer support time window, you can spare others the same issue). Once again, I must compliment your customer service (hen it still applied to me) for their very prompt responses to any query I ever had. Peter

MARY
Business Manager in US
Sports, 51–200 Employees

INFLOW FOR WINDOWS

5.0 last month New

Comments: Hands down, the best decision we have made for Inventory tracking, order writing and invoicing.

Pros:

We love the ability to easily enter orders and track their progress. The Reporting is amazing and the ability to customize fields is key to our ability to utilize INFLOW in the most efficient way for our Company.

Cons:

There are not many cons. One would be the fact that once we import new data, the new pricing does not update on Purchase Orders. That would be super helpful for us.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing inFlow Inventory: Our computers no longer could run that program. Also, we needed something to track Inventory.

Switched From: dBASE 2019

Reasons for Switching to inFlow Inventory: The ability to easily customize products.

last month

Thanks very much for this great feedback, Mary! For PO pricing, this may depend on what kind of import is being done. But just in case it helps: if the PO price is different from the saved vendor price, you should see an icon beside the "Unit price" field to save that PO's price back to the vendor record. ^TW

Todd
Director in Canada
Farming, 2–10 Employees

All Software is a work in progress

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall its the best i have found. I used Millenium software called Aatrex and it had one major advantage, I was able to program my own reports using crystal reports. The disadvantage is they have not gone to the cloud or handheld devices.

Pros:

The ability to have many types of inventory and pricing in CAD & other currencies. The pre baked different ways an order can be printed, invoice, confirmation, pick list, box label

Cons:

I cannot figure out how to make an inventory report that excludes items with zero inventory on hand. The software is missing the ability to easily print out a list of available products that i can hand to a customer. In order to have such a list, I must export to excel and manually remove any items with zero or negative inventory. Its a huge time sink

Alternatives Considered: Odoo

Reasons for Choosing inFlow Inventory: Because i needed something accessible remotely to begin with. once i switched i learned how flexible the software is for inventory management.

Reasons for Switching to inFlow Inventory: Odoo seemed like an octopus, always offering more modules and too many features.

last month

Hi Todd, thanks for this great, detailed review! Regarding your report, here are two tips that could help: 1. You could use an Inventory by Location report which can exclude products with zero quantity. 2. If your plan includes inFlow Showroom, you could create a public showroom and share that link with your customers. Showrooms can exclude out-of-stock products, and unlike an emailed or printed report, the showrooms are updated live based on the latest inFlow data. Hope that helps, and thanks again! ^TW

Ricardo
Ricardo
Owner in Colombia
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Practical

Comments: It has all the we currently need in terms of order management and inventory management, and such basic functions are enough so far. But the SQL engine tends to jam very often... it is annoying yet not a cause to discard the software yet.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to deploy and configure

Cons:

Unstable, tends to lag frequently. Consumes too much resources. Must be restarted once per day

Alex
Director in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Star find!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Customer Service is pretty quick for a global business. We have had very few issues that weren't immediately solve for us.

Pros:

InFlow has been with us from the beginning. It's an intuitive system with great support and endless information available online. It's as complex as you want it to be.

Cons:

Struggling with setting up the correct tax codes for transfer into Quickbooks. We've not come to grips with all the data transfer between the two softwares, so it requires tidying up in QB.

last month

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on inFlow, Alex!

Pat
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Excellent Inventory System

5.0 last month New

Comments: This has proved to be a good investment for my company

Pros:

Capable of working with a large amount of inventory

Cons:

Will not work with previous version of inFlow

last month

Hi Pat, thanks for leaving a review! You're right that inFlow Inventory (our cloud-based app) doesn't sync with our older On-Premise version. But for anyone who wants to transfer from OP to our cloud app, we do offer free ways to migrate or export your data so you can move it to the cloud. Just reach out to [email protected] with your details and we'll help with the right steps. ^TW

Mai
Office Admistration Manager in Vietnam
Industrial Automation, 2–10 Employees

Improvement the system

4.0 last month New

Comments: when changing inflow premise to inflow cloud, some function is not same, difficult for work

Pros:

inflow cloud, more convenience, faster, no need to thru main computer

Cons:

not using frequently so not known, just admin

last month

Hi Mai, thanks for supporting inFlow through On-Premise and now our cloud app. If you have any questions as you use our web, Windows, or mobile apps, please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected]. Our team is happy to help! ^TW

Jacques
Magasinier in Canada
Construction, 51–200 Employees

USER FRIENDLY AND GREAT INVENTORY SOFTWARE

5.0 last month New

Comments: Really appreciate the experience with Inflow

Pros:

frequently webinar User friendly easy to learn A lot of option to select from for many features

Cons:

search option is not optimal report is missing some cross over option

last month

Thanks Jacques, we'll pass along the feedback about the webinars! And if you have questions about what's possible in reporting, just reach out to [email protected] and we'll do our best to help. ^TW

Christian
Managing Partner in Norway
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

A dream to work with

Comments: Pretty much all the Inventory and work orders, and practical flows of invoicing, sales orders, purchase orders etc.

Pros:

Quite simply, it is easy and allows for most functions we need with work orders and serialized items. The Inflow Cloud is fast enough and easily customizable. Great stuff, quite simply. :) And the customer service is nothing short of stunning.

Cons:

There are no cons, per se, more features that would be great to add on, as time passes and you develop the software further; the Android client (being able to do POs, SOs and invoicing would be fantastic). There are some other bugs with the Android client, in terms of cost pricing on the products that can be straightened out; right now we can't really use it for much. Furthermore, it would be great to be able to communicate in our own language with customers that are non-English speakers, by adding European specialty letters instead of ? :) And should you move towards creating shipments directly through API (with tracking updates) towards DHL, TNT, UPS etc, that would be cool (check out the Parcel tracker app for Android). And also of course taking the step out towards an own integrated sales platform to a little bit bigger extent than the inventory showroom (like a webshop of sorts), rather than the one-way integration to Shopify, that could be a really interesting proposition for us (however, we understand that it is an inventory system, and at that it is great stuff.

last year

Hi Christian, thanks for the great review! I just wanted to update you on some of the features you mentioned as a lot has changed since your review! You can now do POs, SOs and share/email invoices from the mobile app. The Shopify integration now pushes inventory from inFlow to Shopify as well as pulling Shopify orders into inFlow. Our API is now available to use and you can see our documentation here: https://cloudapi.inflowinventory.com/docs/index.html We do also integrate with EasyPost now, which you can connect your existing carrier to (e.g. DHL and UPS) so that you can generate and print a shipping label without leaving inFlow. It can also notify your customers automatically that their order has been shipped. Keep the feedback coming, we'd love to hear from you! Warm regards, Cassandra

Joe
Material management in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Made a world of difference for our warehouse team

Comments: Very positive overall experience. I wouldn't recommend it for a large corporate entity but we are a small company with thousands of items and it works great.

Pros:

Easy data import via CSV UOM conversions Multiple Location/Sub-Locations - track specific quantities by specific buildings/shelves Material pricing tiers Easily track orders Mobile App! Now we know what needs to be ordered for upcoming projects before the project starts depleting our inventory! Online Storefront!

Cons:

The windows app works fine but is a bit sluggish. You don't get that polished/refined feel when using it. Fragmentation between mobile apps and windows app. Only one item photo can be uploaded/viewed on windows app, while multiple pics can be uploaded/seen on mobile app. Online storefront a bit confusing because of not having an "Add to cart" button. Simple selecting a quantity puts that quantity in your cart. Only integrates with Dymo label printers.

last year

Thanks for this detailed review, Joe! Since our feature set is always improving, I wanted to take a moment to update some points: For the online storefront (Online Showroom) we now offer an option for private showrooms with carts and even online payment. And we've recently improved our labels support. We now have a built-in label designer and expanded support for printers (we've tested Zebra, brother, and Dymo thus far). We're always working to improve performance in inFlow so we hope your experience has been better since you left this review. If you (or anyone else) is experiencing any slowness, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll be in touch! - Thomas

Melissa
Operations in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Almost amazing, but still very solid

Comments: Very happy with the product, since we are in the food industry lot code tracking is a huge priority. The way we work around not having this feature built in is that we have lot based inventory. So instead of setting it up as 'Widget A', 'Widget B' and 'Widget C' it's setup so that there are 10 lot numbers associated with A, 15 with B, etc.

Pros:

Easy to use Accurate tracking Can setup multiple warehouse locations Customer service is top notch A lot of reports, can build customer reports if needed

Cons:

No built in lot code tracking - there are work arounds for this but they aren't perfect and have their own issues which wouldn't be an issue if there was built in lot code tracking.

4 years ago

Hi Melissa! Thank you for the review and sharing the details on how you're working with lot numbers! You're right that it isn't an officially supported feature (we have locations and sublocations, but no lot number field). However, in case it helps anyone else who needs to use lot numbers with inFlow, we do have a suggested workaround in our Support KB: https://www.inflowinventory.com/support/cloud/how-do-i-track-lot-numbersbatch-numbersexpiration-dates/ Cheers!

harry
owner in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Great Program For Startup to Well Established Companies

Comments: They were great to work with when we put the program to use. Beats many of the "higher" end companies out there with their product features and simple to use.

Pros:

InFlow has been one of the easiest inventory programs to work with. Not only is it easy to use, it is always updating with features from skus management, multiple locations inventory control, ordering and third party features and intergration.

Cons:

We were an early adopter of InFlow before they had all the bugs worked out and we paid for a full program years ago but since then that program is no longer available for free, we really liked the afforable aspect back when we purchased it as a total package. Not necessarily a con but more or less just times changing and technology changing and us being early on, not ready to pay for another upgrade so to speak.

Fons
Manager/shareholder in Estonia
Building Materials, 2–10 Employees

Continuesly improved performance with great helpdesk

Comments: Overall I'm very positive about Inflow Inventory and so are my colleagues and bookkeeper. We have access from our mobile devices which is great. I also have to mention the help-desk, it is very useful and correct.

Pros:

It's a great way to keep track of stock from purchase to sales. And with the Woocommerce integration it has increased its usefulness.

Cons:

There is some discrepancy between theoretical purchases and real world, practical situations with suppliers. But this cannot be helped. I would like to see an option where purchases that are in transit with an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) could be included in stock levels. That way clients visiting the online showroom could see when their required products would be available for delivery from our warehouse.

JOHN
ASSET MANAGEMENT in US

REALLY LIKING THE SOFTWARE, EASY TO USE AND HAS SIMPLE USER FRIENDLY INTERFACE

Comments: UNTIL MORE EMPLOYEES ARE FURTHER EDUCATED ON OUR PROCESS AND PLANS THE SOFTWARE WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO POPULATE AND GET US INTO GOOD HABITS AND ROUTINES, OTHER THAN THAT THE SOFTWARE WAS INCREDIBLY EASY TO SETUP. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EASILY POPULATE THE SOFTWARE FOR SEVERAL OF OUR AREAS AND DEPARTMENTS AND AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH VARIOUS MANAGERS.

Pros:

PERSONALLY LIKE THE LOCATIONS FEATURES AND SUB-LOCATIONS, EASY TO ASSIGN ASSETS TO THEIR APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENTS AND USERS. I ALSO LIKE THE FEATURE TO ADD IN YOUR OWN TABS AND FIELDS.

Cons:

I WOULD LIKE FOR THE SHOWROOM TO BE ABLE TO BE SPLIT INTO SEVERAL OR VARIOUS SECTIONS....SUCH AS BEING ABLE TO FILTER ONE DIVISION FROM THE OTHER, POSSIBLY HAVING INDIVIDUAL SHOWROOMS FOR EACH DEPARTMENT SO THAT WE CAN MAKE IT EASIER TO FILTER EACH DEPARTMENT'S ASSETS AND HAVE THEM BE SHOWN ONLY FOR THEIR ASSIGNED USERS WE INVITE. WE ARE NOT USING THIS SOFTWARE OR THE SHOWROOM FOR CUSTOMERS, WE ARE ONLY USING IT FOR THE STAFF AND HAVING 1-2 EMPLOYEES (MYSELF AND ONE OTHER) POPULATE AND USE THIS SOFTWARE ON A DAILY BASIS. WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE EACH DIVISION/DEPARTMENT'S MANAGER(S) BE ABLE TO VIEW THEIR OWN STOCK VIA THE SHOWROOM AND BE ABLE TO POSSIBLY EASILY PRINT OR UPDATE THEIR AREA/DEPT BY PRINTING OUT A PAGE VIA THE SHOWROOM AND HANDING ME AND THE OTHER INFLOW USER SO WE CAN UPDATE THEIR STOCK ON A WEEKLY OR BI-WEEKLY BASIS. SOME AREAS NEED TO BE UPDATED MORE FREQUENTLY THAN OTHERS.

Jesus
Jefe de ALmacen in Bolivia
Printing, 11–50 Employees

Head of Warehouses with more than 4 years of experience

Comments: Pass all Excel inventories very quickly and manage the products in more than 5+ stores

Pros:

The flexibility that gives the user, if I need a report that does not have inFlow I can export / create it to Excel. I can also simply copy and paste data. I currently handle 6000+ SKUs in more than 5 stores, more than 100,000+ Sales without slowing down problems, or headaches. Thanks to this program you move from ordered storage to chaotic storage without problems

Cons:

I do not have a clear disadvantage ... mmm ... I see that you can not handle products with expiration date, but that is not my item

Dan
Workshop Manager in UK
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Fully adaptable, simple Inventory Management System

Pros:

Able to use to suit the amount of information you want to work with. Functioned with bare minimum to allow bare bones set up which can then be added to as you decide to improve with more functions as yoou have time to do.

Cons:

Would be good to have a holding goods in location where items automatically store and then have process for putting items into their location.Label integration other than dymo.

last year

Hi Dan, thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback! I've logged your note about a holding location. And I'm also pleased to share that we now support more thermal printers (we've tested brother, DYMO, and Zebra so far) and we've built a full-fledged label designer into the inFlow web app. The easiest way to find it is to go to a product, select Print Labels, and then select the Label Designer. Cheers! - Thomas

Ryan
General Manager in US
Plastics, 11–50 Employees

A+ For Manufacturing

Comments: We have tied inFlow into our whole order workflow. Data entered into sales orders is pulled into custom reports and with on-site data access, we are also able to use it to make very customized labels with heavy automation from the data already in inFlow.

Pros:

Searching is great and user interface is easy to use. Very easy to find what I am looking for quickly.

Cons:

inFlow Premise feature updates seem to be on hold. Would love to use new features from inFlow Cloud but our data policy requires us to keep data under our control.

Melissa
Operations Manager in US

Easy way to do Inventory

Comments: Have been an inFlow customer for many years and will continue to be for many more.

Pros:

Easy to use and setup, pricing plans for every budget. Customer support is quick to respond and really helpful. Has a lot of features and their development team is always looking to add more.

Cons:

They really need a built in feature for lot/batch number tracking. There are several work around solutions (that do actually work) but it would be nice to have this be a standard feature.

Lee
Director in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

This is a great program for a business that does not need a full-blown ERP system

Comments: InFlow has a support team that responds with phone callbacks pretty quickly. We use a more complicated ERP for another secion of the business, but did not have the option for Spanish with that ERP system. For an entry level ERP, this is a good value for the money. I can recommend it.

Pros:

It is very intuitive, and easy to use. The interface is relatively clean, and pleasing.

Cons:

We are using the Spanish language feature (which was a primary reason for deciding to use InFlow) for one location, and the English for another. That works out pretty well, but InFlow has apparently decided to not focus on rounding out the Spanish part of it. There are a few places where, instead of Spanish, there is an English word. It is still definitely usable as it is, but it would be great for inflow to put another 25 hours into is to make the Spanish part COMPLETELY Spanish. Regardless, I can say that that should not stop you from using it. The English version of it is absolutely perfect, so if you don't anticipate using other than the English functionality, you will never know it. Even if you do use the Spanish version, you will still be able to operate just fine.

Kashif
CEO in Pakistan
Building Materials, 2–10 Employees

Inventory Management Power House

Comments: Its a satisfactory experience overall.

Pros:

Well its an amalgamation of all the correct features.

Cons:

I would love to get the pictures in the invoices as well. There can be a further reduction in price to get more customers.

Sr. Product Engineer in US
Industrial Automation, 11–50 Employees

inflow review

Comments: This software is a great buy for the cost, I have used it for over 8 years. They have added many new features over the years to make even better. Support is Ok but getting better.

Pros:

inexpensive, you keep the data base, no monthly fees. For day to day use it is bug free, does not crash.

Cons:

do not like the new pay every year maintenance pay system, some bugs with current things effecting the history of the inventory.

Kimberly
Procurement Officer/ Archives Records in US
Warehousing, 10,000+ Employees

County Government Using Inflow in Several Departments

Comments: I am currently using inflow to manage my warehouse of 650 products. I have decided to use Inflow for my archive records department with over 25,000 records and I'm so confident in Inflow I actually looking forward to changing my records over to a system that really works.

Pros:

The software is very user friendly and the more detailed your initial setup the better your experience. I converted from an access database to inflow via an excel.csv and in 15 minutes I was ready to start taking orders.

Cons:

The thing i liked least about Inflow is that i did not find it FIRST. I vetted 8 different software packages and none of them really met my needs and most were double or more the cost of Inflow.

Oscar
Vice president in Philippines
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

I love this product!

Comments: Wonderful product!

Pros:

This product is easy to use and you don't need to be an computer expert to master it such a great product and great customer service you had.

Cons:

I don't have any bad comments using it and I'm still waiting for more updates to come.