Salesforce Marketing Cloud Reviews

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    3.7 /5

About Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Build customer relationships for life with data-first digital marketing

Learn more about Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Amrit P.
salesforce administrator
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-07

"Salesforce Marketing Cloud User Review"

Comments: Complex journey builder helps in creating unique business use cases. Would love it to be more in sync with salesforce instantly like marketo does via a simple drag and drop feature.

Pros: The ability to create complex journeys. Build business units. Granular Segmentation in Data Extensions.

Cons: Static. Is not instantly synced with Salesforce via a drag and drop feature. Data Extensions need to be created every time.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-07
Jordan P.
Managing Member
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-10

"The Rolls Royce Of CRM's"

Comments: Overall an excellent platform for the value.

Pros: I have been extremely happy with the ease of use when creating and tracking the activity of client accounts. I am still working on getting my salesforce admin certification just to ensure that I am using the software to the maximum ability. From what I understand watching the Dreamforce competitions, salesforce offers options which allow for entrepreneurs and business owners to further develop themselves within this ecosystem. Looking forward to further exploring the platform.

Cons: At the moment the only thing I would have a dislike about would be the layout of the tab options, from my understanding lighting experience works with much more ease and I will be learning this part of the platform shortly.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-10
Erik R.
Sales manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-12

"Expensive yet fully customized to meet your expectations"

Pros: the customized can be tailored to your specific business needs that alone is great also with the five9 addition dialer & crm in one

Cons: the maneuvering between menus or contacts/opportunities can be sluggish and tedious at times but besides that great crm

• Reviewed on 2018-02-12
Sumit C.
Digital Sales
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-04

"Centralising customer communication"

Comments: There are other content management software but not quite as integrated to CRM landscape

Pros: Pretty easy in terms of configuration and can handle complex business rules. It is quite a flexible software for business needs.

Cons: It is cumbersome for the support resources to get started. Hence the learning curve is quite steep and the same way for the support team. But once they are accustomed to the changes it is quite a flexible software for your needs.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-04
Sean W.
Chief International Business Development Officer
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-06

"Salesforce Marketing Cloud"

Comments: Salesforce Marketing Cloud is easy to use and has more capabilities than it's competitors. You can also easily integrate the Marketing Cloud to the Sales or Service Cloud and it has excellent Social Listening tools as well.

• Reviewed on 2016-10-06
Lyndsay R.
Internet
  • Reviewed on 2015-09-29

"The leader in integration and automation!"

Comments: Salesforce is hands-down the best CRM out there. I have worked with it in both small business and large entity capacities and it works perfectly for both.

Pros: I think the best part about it is its ability to simply replace many applications because it can function in place of them. Data, Knowledge, Contacts, Accounts, automated email campaigns, social media, Support tickets, scheduling reporting - all in one. The company I work for now has separate applications for all of these and only the sales team uses Salesforce. It feels like such a waste.

Cons: The only con I have perceived is how quickly SFDC moves forward with new features - and the amount of focus they put on things they are rolling out. Sometimes, I think the energy would be better spent improving the current features.

• Reviewed on 2015-09-29
Monica acon A.
Sales Manager
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-18

"Top of the line, hard on the bank but effective CRM"

Pros: Sales Force CRM is a really effective program. Our company switched to Sales Force from Microsoft Dynamics and have seen a substantial change. It is easier to use and we can keep track of data more effectively

Cons: The switch is a substancial investment for a company. It is not worth it for a small company. The cost of the software is the only negative

• Reviewed on 2018-01-18
Yazir P.
New Projects Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-16

"Powerful, Simple and complex at the same time"

Comments: Can be complex or can be very simple. Lots of functionalities

Pros: Very easy to use email software
A/B testing functionality is very flexible allowing you to increase performance of emails
HTML tools are helpful in creating emails

Cons: Better analytics are needed!!
Backend can be complex
There are sometimes too many ways to do the same thing. Making it confusing

• Reviewed on 2018-10-16
Mason P.
Marketing Coordinator
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2015-02-19

"The worst...."

Comments: Going to do a short list here... -No consistent browser compatibility/takes two browsers to send one email: I have to design & preview emails in Chrome but content does not load in guided send box, so I have to send them via Safari, but in Safari content doesn't load in preview tab, so I'm basically sending blindly once I've created the email in Chrome. -Lag time: It can take up to one minute for pages to load within the platform. The platform times out on me at least 3 or 4 times a day when trying to navigate through different pages in the console. -Customer service: Non-existent. The service our account manager has provided has been abysmal. When I tried to communicate these issues they were ignored until I said something on Twitter. He then took them seriously, but to the day, has still never provided me with a resolution, and would not even follow up on progress unless I prompted him by asking where we're at in the process. We also received 3 invoices after paying a massive lump sum, that are apparently due payments on the invoice we've already paid. I've been trying to get ahold of accounting there for a week to no avail. This afternoon I was even transferred to HP (the computer company) when I asked to speak to accounts payable dept. No lie. That really happened. I could go on for hours... but I have to struggle through their platform to get some more emails out for the rest of the day. We're moving platforms next week and I cannot wait. Our annual cost with the new platform will be less than one quarter with Exacttarget. tl;dr version: The UX is terrible, customer service is non-existent, and it's massively overpriced. Look elsewhere - avoid at all costs.

Pros: You can send emails....

Cons: Too many to list... Trust me... we tried for over a year. It is not a matter of our email expertise. They are an enterprise, and they treat you like the little man you are comparatively.

by Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly ExactTarget) on 2015-02-23

Hi Mason,
We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues, and I’m continuing to escalate with our internal team based on your feedback. Would you be willing to share some screen captures of the issues so that we can send them over to our product team?
Thanks,
Katie

• Reviewed on 2015-02-19
Kristi T.
Marketing
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-05

"Good tool for us for need some help."

Comments: Good tool but training has to be done separately or on your own. It's been a little hard to ensure we're using it to its full capability unless we figure it out on our own or hire someone to train us.

Pros: Journey Builder, access to data

Cons: Little training unless purchased separately.

• Reviewed on 2016-10-05
Sofia D.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-12

"Such a great software!"

Comments: It is very useful with all the features it has to offer. I was a Marketing Manager at my previous job and used this software daily. Once all the data is imported it is pretty simple to use from there. For those who are manually entering the data, I would suggest to fill out all the fields in order to get the most out of everything. I like all the dashboards and are very user friendly. It makes Social Media marketing easy! All the platforms are offered and tracks analytics for each post.

Pros: The best part is that Salesforce customer service is pretty spot on when I asked for tutorial videos or was stuck on something. I emailed them and they called me as soon as possible. I would talk to the customer service representatives for hours and they would walk me step by step.

Cons: The reports when exported are not very appealing. I wish they were formatted differently. It is a little pricey, but you do have a to work with.

• Reviewed on 2016-10-12
Justin D.
Sales Associate
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-03

"A Very Versatile CRM Solution"

Pros: SalesForce can do anything, it seems, with the right amount of effort. They have integrations all over the place, and though it takes a lot of work to make it work how you want it to, you can basically make it do whatever you need.

Cons: SalesForce has a bit of an outdated UI, and their ongoing beta for an updated UI isn't as functional as the old UI. It does a lot, but it could be faster, prettier, and more intuitive.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-03
Myca A.
Director, Customer Experience
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-04

"Exceptional functionality, matching price"

Comments: It's a SalesForce product now! There is still a fair bit of work to be done by the SF team in order to make this platform as good as it could potentially be, but it's on the right track. Great choice if you're a die-hard SF user who wants to get more of your MarComm stack.

Pros: Relatively well integrated with SalesForce, so this is a good choice if you're fully utilizing SalesForce for tracking sales. There are plenty of bells and whistles that allow you to take full advantage of advanced marketing automation and campaign management.

Cons: Non-profits and other smaller organizations may find it challenging to implement this platform. It is highly extensible and customizable, but that also means that there can be a high cost associated with any customizations. Several colleagues who are actively using this platform have mentioned challenges with upgrades and such.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-04
Emily M.
Email Marketing Specialist
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-13

"Best Email Marketing Tool Available"

Pros: - Great ROI on product
- Easy to use
- Has all the features we want
- Account reps are active in our account
- Great conferences - Dreamforce is amazing

Cons: The tool has a steep learning curve. Some of the training documentation is outdated and customer support can sometimes take awhile to help you.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-13
Jorge C.
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-03

"Best CRM in the market"

Pros: Salesforce has been a great tool for our organization. It has allowed us to forecast appropriately and has us to identify gaps in our sales process.

Cons: At times it can be a little clunky. But that is nature of any CRM. I've looked at a lot of different CRMs in the market and Salesforce has been the best thus far.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-03
Mattt J.
Pre-Implementation Onboarding Coordinator
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-25

"Salesforce is great for storing all aspects of customer data"

Pros: With this product you can store any bit of customer data. This is a sales persons greatest tool. In addition you can create custom objects to enable the support team to better work cases.

Cons: Not all stored data can be pulled into reports. Salesforce does not do calculations on dates or times. This can make it difficult to do everything you need to in the system itself.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-25
Trevor M.
Program Coordinator
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-01

"Salesforce is the CRM everyone dreams of"

Comments: Salesforce does everything we needed, and more. As a non-profit, they originally didn't help us that much, but once we were connected with our own representative, she has been super helpful and keen. We used Microsoft Access before for our data management and this is much, much better. While it is a very different tool than Access, I find it does everything that access could, just a bit differently (and mostly in a more consistent / user-friendly way)

Pros: Loads of features; easy to use; different interface styles (classic vs lightning) to meet different preferences; cloud-based; accessible via browser; mobile app; free 10 licenses for non-profits! free self-teaching tools available online; very transparent in their activities (i.e. maintenance schedule, updates)

Cons: back-end can be complex; expensive for small scale businesses; can be time-consuming to learn to use

• Reviewed on 2017-11-01
Michelle A.
Sales Director
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-10

"Versatile platform with many possibilities!"

Comments: Tons of resources!
Look on the community site for answers to your questions or just to see what is possible!
Make sure someone goes through the training modules online-Trailblazer

Pros: You can hire a consulting company to change Salesforce to fit your business needs if you don't have the time or knowledge to do so (we hired Cloud Creations on the referral from our sales manager). The community is so large and expansive that you could easily find a fix to any sort of business problem you are having. We really needed a platform that integrated with our home grown system and made sure that all of our departments were talking to one another. We chose Salesforce because of its ability to be shaped and molded based on our business model. And you can adapt as your company grows-change things, add things, do whatever you want!

Cons: It did take some months to get our version of Salesforce to be where we wanted it, but for other companies that had more IT resources or time to devote to it would probably not take as long. Make sure you have a project manager or person dedicated to its success and implementation internally or it might not get adopted within your company.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-10
Marketing Operations
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-24

"A huge waste of time"

Comments: Working with the support team is extremely painful. We spent hours over multiple weeks showing them our issues over video. Their premium support resources often couldn't figure out how to resolve our issues. It felt like they were just as fed up with this crap tool as we are. Although they didn't say it, I think one of our key employees quit over the frustration of dealing with marketing cloud.

Pros: I don't like anything about this software.

Cons: The integration with Salesforce is WAY oversold in the marketing materials. Moving data back and forth between the two products is extremely finicky and prone to breaking. Expect lots of duplication of data and lists that will invariably be out of sync. Managing email opt out lists with two systems of record from the same company is a CAN-SPAM nightmare. The integration's administrative tools can't be accessed in lightning. The customer facing unsubscribe and profile management pages look like shit and can't be branded or customized. They are so old, they still provide customers a warning about using HTML emails with AOL. Your Salesforce users will see email sends and interactions in contact records for some but not all emails sent via marketing cloud. If you try to send to a campaign or report from Salesforce, email personalization won't work. Same thing for transactional emails. You will have to send every single piece of personalization data in the API call to marketing cloud, because MC won't be able to find it on its own, even though it has a list of all these attributes and is supposedly syncing with Salesforce. There is single sign on, but only by request, and provisioning of accounts is not supported. Journeys will break the minute you make the slightest change to them. Trying to split journeys based on Salesforce attributes often just doesn't work. Because it's Salesforce, anything you would actually want to do with this software comes at an additional cost.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-24
Business Developer- Sales Ops
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-19

"Complete Platform for growing Marketing needs. Empower you to make right decisions!"

Comments: I am very happy using salesforce marketing cloud and have been using for years now. We are able to manage all our marketing effort in a more efficient and discipline manner and support our sales team throughout the sales cycle. It's difficult to justify ROI on marketing, but with salesforce marketing cloud we are able to justify our spends on various campaigns since they are yielding high results.

Pros: Analytics that you can drill down related to any specific activity (open rate, click ratio, engagements). You can manage all your marketing programs from various channel under the same platform.

Cons: It needs a little learning before you start using it in a efficient manner. UI can be a little more friendly to all the users. Importing/ exporting files can sometimes get corrupted. Having said, it's the best in its space.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-19
Russell C.
Email Developer
Religious Institutions
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-05

"Fantastic Platform For Marketing"

Comments: You get the benefit of an easy to use email platform, and the ability to automate workflows to enhance the personation of your customers.

Pros: There's a lot that we use the marketing cloud for. Automation, email, journey builder, etc. It's something that helps us work with such a massive audience. We can send emails easily and import our own templates. It's also great for automating workflows and building out dynamic emails to save time in the future. You're really able to dig into personalization with this tool and really connect with your customers.

Cons: The customer support. The support is horrible. You have to call this number (if you can find it) and then bounce around an automated system that usually ends with a message to check the online forums for help. If you have any kind of emergency or need help ASAP you're not going to get it.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-05
Visual Designer
Insurance Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-05

"Definitely a step up from MailChimp"

Pros: This software makes it easy to build professional looking emails that add all the information you need with drag and drop

Cons: IT is sometimes hard to organize and sort files

• Reviewed on 2019-09-05
Sullivan B.
Marketing Specialist
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-04

"A Very Complicated But Useful CRM Solution"

Pros: This platform is on the right track and an easy choice if you are a big Salesforce user. It is well integrated with Salesforce with amply bells and whistles to benefit advanced marketing automation and campaign management.

Cons: Requires a dedicated platform expert, and their tech support is lacking; too many tickets need escalation … and there are expensive upgrades and integrations.

• Reviewed on 2021-06-04
Michael james A.
CDO/CTO
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-03

"Salesforce delivers the solid delivery of an industry leader: now needs niche of redefining"

Comments: it was smooth but very underused

Pros: everything worked, at least for me. some people felt it was a struggle to setup - I view these frustrations mostly as poor CRM administration and guidance

Cons: I liked the software; I like the customizability of Sugar CRM I want to see Salesforce rather than compete - reimagine crm. perhaps buy sugarcrm

• Reviewed on 2021-06-03
Aaron B.
Director Consulting, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-28

"Powerful, but complex"

Pros: This software is an online SAAS, and is some of the most powerful Marketing Software on the planet. The software is best used in an environment where personalized, but mass email communication is needed--typically for B2C situations. Pardot is an ideal product for B2B solutions. Although the product can be configured and used by end-users, it is best to work with a partner.

Cons: There are many updates needed in order to make the software work in a more user-friendly fashion, particularly when compared with less powerful solutions, like Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc. A Salesforce partner will cost additional money to implement the solution, but it is a good investment.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-28