15 years helping Canadian businesses

TimeSolv Legal Billing Reviews

About TimeSolv Legal Billing

New realities call for new solutions. We are the #1 time and billing, and payments software for law firms. Try for FREE now.

Learn more about TimeSolv Legal Billing

Pros:

In addition, the pricing is excellent. The format for entering time is quick and intuitive.

Cons:

The lack of syncing with other customer service platforms.

TimeSolv Legal Billing ratings

4.6
4.8
4.6
4.7

9.0/10

TimeSolv Legal Billing has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 650 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TimeSolv Legal Billing before?

Gregory
Gregory
Partner in Germany

I am so,d on TimeSolv

Pros:

The product is easy to use and we can add entries from multiple devices.

Cons:

I cannot think of anything I do not like.

Robyn

EXCEPTIONAL

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: EXCEPTIONAL IN ALL REGARDS. There was a learning curve (as with all new systems), and I am continuing to learn, but [sensitive content hidden] have been with us every step of the way...from setting up our invoices to integrations with QuickBooks. The program itself is also very intuitive, which makes errors easy to avoid. For our firm (small-4 members) and needs, the reports are excellent, and easily enable us to gather all information we need each month.

Pros:

Ease of use and EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE. We have been with TimeSolv for appx. 1 year after using a different system for decades. While all customer service is exceptional, [sensitive content hidden] have been our primary go-tos for all questions. WONDERFUL experience.

Cons:

No cons....much better than our prior program.

Joseph
Managing Member in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Review review

3.0 last month New

Comments: Disappointing.

Pros:

Daily time entries, but even that has at least one remaining bug.

Cons:

Support level.

patricia
Owner/Lawyer in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

Love this legal billing program!

Comments: Excellent!!! See ratings

Pros:

I used to use TimeSlips and would have so many frustrations and errors when sending bills. This system has been a dream for the last 5+ years. It is easy to use (I am not a techy but was able to set it up by myself), simple to input time, and tracking and invoice reviews are a cinch. Love this billing program!!! And the price is insanely reasonable!! Most of all, the customer service is the best in the business. We just miss [sensitive content hidden]!

Cons:

-It does not flag past due invoices like TimeSlips did (over 30, 60 etc), so I wouldn't know if I didn't look- There have been glitches with trying to input multiple email addresses for receiving the invoices- Sometimes payments do not show on the invoice. Don't know why. They are recorded but not reflected- When you duplicate a flat rate, it zeroes out the price so we have inadvertently not billed someone for something due to this- We can't figure out how to work the annual billing auto feature for renewals on certain services

Kelly
LEGAL ASSISTANT in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

TIMESOLV is the answer to legal time entry, billing and invoicing

Comments: All the support from TimeSolv is incredible and without the nickel and diming. They are very responsive to all my questions and issues. This is a far better timekeeping system than TimeSlips. The conversion was efficient and excellent; no problems whatsoever. I love the ease of use. I jumped right in without much of a learning curve.

Pros:

Very intuitive; easy to use and navigate. Great value for the cost

Cons:

I have no cons to report thus far. Any issues I had with say, invoicing, were handled through their extenstive resource section and support.

ESQ Lori Zocolo
Partner in US

TimeSolv is an Excellent Product at a Reasonable Proce

Comments: Due to the quick ability to put together bills and the ease of sending via email, our receivables have increased and are more timely received.

Pros:

The system is very easy to use and revise when there is a human error.

Cons:

We have had no issues with this product unlike the previous two billing systems.

Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Small law firm usage

Comments: frustrating. The report function is critical to how partners are compensated, but not being able to confirm amounts makes it all suspect. Support is not very helpful in this area.

Pros:

Inputting time, after some fits and starts, is reasonably straightforward and invoicing is good. We used Timeslips before converting and Timesolv is fine

Cons:

Getting meaningful reports is nearly impossible. When I run a report I need to verify the numbers - typically running a different report that should tie-in. They don't tie-in and the support is inadequate. I am told it is because they are different data points, but nowhere is there an explanation. And there are elements that don't make sense, at least to me. For instance, if a client pays a bill which is for more than one matter, each allocation shows the whole check amount and then the allocation. Fine, but why would one need a total of the same check counted multiple times? If a client pays $5,000 and it gets allocated to two matters, the payment total for the client shows $10,000. A cash receipts report shows credit memos as a receipt, which is added to the total received. Last I looked, a credit memo was not a cash item. I also see some payments being counted twice. No one can explain to me why.

Life saver

Pros:

Very easy to use -- with the mobile app, there is no excuse for not reporting time. The best customer service ever. This software and the correlating service has saved me so much time and stress in getting my bills out timely. I wish I would have done it sooner.

Cons:

So far, haven't found anything that I don't like.

Randall
Randall
Owner in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

TimeSolv has changed my life for the better!

Comments: I'm capturing more time and collecting more. That's the name of the game.

Pros:

Easy to use so that I use it more often!

Cons:

Learning anything new is a pain. But I'm getting there.

Ilene
Law Firm Administrator in US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

TimeSolv = Greatness

Comments: Overall, great experience, but that experience has only been great because of the customer support/service I received from specialists such as [sensitive content hidden]. They make TimeSolv a great option for legal billing, because they go above and beyond to help you.

Pros:

Ease of learning the system Zoom meetings with specialists to help OUTSTANDING customer service by specialists mentioned above Easy to send invoices Easy to split invoices

Cons:

The general link to schedule an online meeting with a specialist was one of my favorite features, and it has recently been removed from the site. Now, it's not as easy to schedule meetings when you need assistance.

Robert

Fullfills my Needs

Comments: I have only been using the program for 3 months of billing. I expect that over time I will tweak it to work better for me.

Pros:

It had more options of similar programs for customizing the bill formate.

Cons:

It has lots of options. I have not explored all of them. I expect to in the future and tweak the program to work better for me. On the con side, so may options make it difficult to set up in the first instance.

Vickie
Partner in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly with everything you need

Comments: Being able to track time, track potential clients, keep our files organized are all things that we could not do without TimeSolv

Pros:

The ability to track time; to input manually time; and the App that I can use on my phone to add time spent on client matters that I may not be able to input on a computer

Cons:

If the App on our phones could also create tasks, instead of just add to existing ones, that would be extremely helpful

Michelle
Accounting, HR, Legal Asst. in US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

Efficient product

Pros:

Integration went pretty smoothly. Cost effective product. Really like the ability to have custom narrative cover letters and the functionality and ease of client billing. Love having different file types in which you can download. Much more user friendly than other products I have used before.

Cons:

Would like to see either more reports available, or the ability to drill down further within the reports to get more specific information. Also, more customization abilities within the product would be a great feature.

Aishling
Secretary in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

TimeSolv review - March 30

Comments: I am very pleased overall.

Pros:

Entering time for our attorney's is a pleasure with TimeSolve compared to pclaw. Updating and moving time entries around is very user friendly. Editing and creating invoices is also so much easier with this product. I am able to easily figure out how to access features and apply them where and when I want them. I love the Chat portion of the customer service experience. And today I had a TimeSolv Support Meeting with [sensitive content hidden] and they were amazing! They fixed everything for us on the spot even though our meeting went over our time slot and were so friendly and helpful while helping me out. Really great customer service and support.

Cons:

My lease favorite part is searching for a matter when I am creating an invoice. I often have to try various ways - client/matter numbers, key words, scrolling - before I can find what I want.

Christa
Bookkeeper in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: We have been using it for about a year and everything from inputting to tracking time with clients has been very simple

Pros:

So easy to input time and print summaries

Cons:

Haven’t had any issues so far, nothing negative to say

Stephen
Managing Partner in US

Easy Time Entry

Pros:

The biggest problem with billing software is having a good interface for people to enter time quickly and easily. The pre-defined codes make time entry simple.

Cons:

The invoice templates could use a little more flexibility, but we are able to easily modify to fill our specific needs.

Nathan

Family Law Attorney

Comments: It is the best of what we've tried but it hasn't stopped us for looking for a better billing software. I'd like client interface to look more like what it looks like when I pay my credit card.

Pros:

The screens are easy to navigate and the clients tend to understand their bills better than other software we've used.

Cons:

With the ease of use comes some areas in billing which are not labeled in a manner that fit our family law practice well.

Helen
Founding Partner in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Excellent product, great service, couldn't be hppier

Comments: Like most lawyers, I find billing and invoicing to be tedious. It's my least favorite aspect of the business. I used another product (Sage) for many years. It made me pull my hair out with frustration, as everything about it was clunky and difficult to use. TimeSolv is by contrast, easy and even pleasant to use. What a game changer. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

TimeSolve is so easy to use!! I like the customer service, too. Though everything about the interface is fairly intuitive, occasionally I need help. Whenever I do, the staff promptly replies, with the information I need clearly stated. It's a great product.

Cons:

I cannot think of a single thing that I don't like about TimeSolve Legal Billing, or about its installation.

Maureen
Billing & Client Services Administrator in US

Easy for user

Comments: Overall it has been positive.

Pros:

The amount of white space makes it easier for users to enter their own time.

Cons:

I do not like some of the reporting features under reports. However, recently TimeSolv did an upgrade and some of the information we needed can now be found in the dashboard under financials, available to people with admin rights.

Owner in US

Unparalleled customer support. Excellent, custom conversion from 15+ years of Timeslips data

Comments: Complete, useful conversion from TimeSlips. Regular updates. Great customer support.

Pros:

I can't say enough good about the customer support compared to every other software I've ever used - of any description. I am a sole proprietor, and the time that the reps took to convert my 15+ years of Timeslips data into a mostly familiar format in TimeSolv. Several lengthy phone meetings and training sessions were involved to make sure that they understood what I needed and I understood how to use their product. I have to say, now that I'm adjusting to the new web-based platform, I am able to accomplish my daily timekeeping, invoicing and AR entries with less steps and greater efficiency than I ever did with TimeSlips. The search functions just work better, in nearly every field. The invoices are easier to tweak to my needs and preferences. Although it has taken me a little while to adjust to so many new ways of doing familiar things, it is starting to make sense, and I prefer it to any timekeeping software I have used. And after TImeSolv solved and answered all my questions and got me there, I called the main 800 line for a quick question about how to allocate payments. My call was answered on the 3rd ring and woman instantly had the answer to my question, and made sure I understood what I was doing before she got off the phone. Unbelievable - dare I say old -fashioned? - customer support for a thoroughly modern program.

Cons:

The reporting functions a little less intuitive than other functions, to my mind, at least. A quick daily snapshot of time billed today, this week, month, year, would be useful.

Danielle
Office Manager in US

Great Product

Comments: It has been very user friendly, we have been using the product for 1 year and have found it to be a wonderful product.

Pros:

I really like how easy it is to add clients, time, and expenses. The Help section is a great feature that I have found very helpful.

Cons:

The only thing that I have noticed that is a small nuisance is that when I add a new person to our system (attorney, paralegal, etc..) When I have set up different fees for certain matters, their rates does not automatically adjust and so we don't always notice the difference until we are billing, if we catch it at all which can be an issue if we are billing at the wrong rate.

Kimberly

Affordable - Easy to use - Excellent Customer Support

Comments: As a new solo practitioner, who researched dozens of systems for months, I am glad I found an affordable solution for my time & billing and trust account needs.

Pros:

Once I went through the intro training, all my time & billing and A/R and trust account needs were easily implemented and updates and the system was very easy to use. Best of all, TimeSolv's customer support - especially rep. - is practically on demand and always most helpful with any technical assistance. If they do not know the answer, they will stick with you until they find one.

Cons:

Only Con so far is that the document storage system available is not efficient as all files/docs have to be uploaded one by one as opposed to a drag & drop feature or the ability to upload batches of docs/folders/files. For attorneys, this is a critical need (cloud storage and electronic record keeping), that cannot require a lot of time in a law firm. If a solution was found for that issue, I can see me being a TimeSolv user for life.

ProfitSolv Response

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your review! One option to consider to upload multiple documents is to use our integration with Dropbox, which is free to use. Please contact support at [email protected] for more details.

Cathy
Administrator in US

Reliable and Accurate Billing Software

Comments: I have learned additional tips from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at TimeSolv and am grateful for the experienced guidance and tips. Some of our clients have their own billing software and TimeSolv can be changed to accomodate their different billing in LEDES, for example. I really feel this software has everything, although I have not used other abilities in TimeSolv, as they are not necessary for our law practice.

Pros:

This software is great for billing clients with assurance. Billing is my only interface with clients, and I want to be 100% accurate. With TimeSolv, I can be confident that the invoices are corrrect. I like that I can make changes to billing with ease. I like that TimeSolv can integrate well with the clients' billing software. For example, this software can produce LEDES invoices with the coding information needed by our clients in order for us to get paid faster.

Cons:

TimeSolv negatives? I can't think of anything right now!

Timesolve the most capable and easiest to use Time & Billing

Comments: TimeSolv just works. In fact, it does the user's work for you. Time & Billing records are difficult enough by themselves. TimeSolv takes out the mystery. Moreover, if you ever have a question the Support Team is on it right away. And they listen! A few years ago, I made a suggestion which they employed less than a week later. TimeSolv is simply the best!

Pros:

It's intuitive. We Mac users--even when forced to use PCs--believe the user should be able to do 95% of the desired tasks without ever opening the user manual. Timesolv meets this standard so well one would think it was designed on a Mac!

Cons:

Typical of all the time/billing apps, there are too many places to enter "settings" that can cause odd results that are then difficult to fix because you can't easily identify which setting is the culprit.

TimeSolv Beat the Competition for Legal Billing Services

Pros:

TimeSolv is a vast improvement relative to other timekeeping applications and services, and allows our office to keep track of billable hours easily and accurately.

Cons:

More flexible use of task codes would be helpful for purposes of block billing.