RetailEdge Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About RetailEdge

Affordable, powerful POS software; integrated point of sale systems and inventory management software for retail businesses.

Learn more about RetailEdge

Shana W.
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-13

"Smokey Shay’s review"

Comments: I have had nothing but positive interactions with the customer service department of retail edge everything has been incredibly smooth and very easy to use

Pros: The register system is user-friendly and easy to teach new employees to use, if and when we ever have a problem retail edge customer service is very easy to use and they solve all problems in about 30 minutes or less… But problems are few and far between over the last 10 years of using this system

Cons: The only issue I have had over the last 10 years as if an employee accidentally deletes a listing with the barcode still in the listing retail edge remembers that barcode and we do have an issue with having the “this item has been deleted” error message... I have found an easy work around by putting the barcode into the stock number field so that this error message does not happen

• Reviewed on 2021-05-13
Lexy C.
Business Owner
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-24

"This software constantly grows with our business and there are features we still haven't used yet."

Comments: It is "as advertised" Easy to set up and implement. Easy to use once you figure out the many functionalities (and there are many). We add new customers with ease and can track their purchases and we can advise them of how soon until they get loyalty dollars. We can issue gift cards and track them. We can give charge accounts if we wish and charge whatever interest and if you integrate your software into your e-mail, bill them monthly (a feature we have yet to use). When entering a new PO and entering multiple new inventory items, I love being able to use the previous items UPC code and the ability to just change item number/description,etc. which saves me a TON of time from having to do each item from scratch. You can add new items on the fly while a customer stands there and the reports! I haven't even mentioned those! We can easily compare month to month, year over year sales. When renewing our insurance policy each year, it only takes minutes to get them the information they need. We also had to file an insurance claim a few years ago and this software saved our butts! We were able to easily look up inventory value quickly. The claims guy said it was the quickest and most detailed claim he'd ever seen!
I love that I can put in items sold in multiples and a box will pop up to ask how many. How you can have an unimaginable amount of departments and categories to insure you can pinpoint sales strengths and weaknesses. This software seems simple until you use it and realise that it's very complex and has so many features for the price. The ease of use fools one into thinking it's basic and may not have everything you need. ANY new business that I speak to I tell them about all of the features we use and them any we do not (ability to have touchscreen with pictures, integration of security cameras, ability to use scales and weigh product to sell). Another feature I almost forgot about is to track individual sales people's sales which has been very handy as we pay commission on some things and need to see who sold what at the end of each week.
I literally could go on and on and have to tell people when I gush about the software that we are not getting paid to push it. I will admit, it doesn't have the prettiest interface but when you use it, you can appreciate the loud colours and large buttons as you need to find things fast and you can with this software. I spent months researching software. This was our answer. BUY IT! It will not let you down!

Pros: Top on my list is ability to serve multiple customers as they change their mind or go to get something else. I also love the ease of ordering when I generate PO's based on min/max quantities. The ability to have gift cards has been HUGE and one of the primary reasons we got this software. If a customer loses their card, due to extra information we put in at the time of purchase, we can find it and they can still use it. We've been able to easily add on more registers as our business has grown without any extra work being needed. Our customers love the ability to look up past purchases to aid them in their current purchases (to repeat or not repeat what was bought before). We both love the loyalty dollars feature which eliminates the need for punch cards. We also love the ability to do packages of items that we sell in monthly or quarterly specials. There are so many more features. We tell any new business this is THE only software they will ever need!

• Reviewed on 2017-10-24
Woody L.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-23

"Excellent POS software with great inventory control and customer tracking"

Comments: Inventory control and customer tracking, custom reports and more!

Pros: The inventory control is wonderful! Can track when your shipments were received, cost averaging, qty on hand and more. The inventory control is second to none in my opinion! Customer tracking is great too! Can see when your customer bought items and how much they paid for it. All customizable too, so it really helps to see which products are moving in the different areas of interest or regions where they live. Customer loyalty program is an excellent addition for our customer base and they love it too! AND reports are customizable so you can see just about anything that is going on with your business right in the system.
Before moving to Retail Edge (moved from REGIT after it was discontinued, which we used for almost 10 years), we researched several systems and each had problems or lacked features that we needed. We found Retail Edge and were amazed at all the features listed, and the ability to create custom reports and integrate with certain on-line store platforms. Retail Edge covers everything we needed for our business and gave us plenty of room to grow and expand on the features.
Lastly, but most importantly, the client support is absolute excellent. Really never had any issues, but had numerous questions (and sometimes still do) and those tech guys answer our (sometimes stupid) questions quickly, honestly and most of all they are just very nice guys too! You can't go wrong with using Retail Edge!

Cons: Well, not much to put here. I would like to see a report that is ran off the tax settings to make it a little easier for me to see what GOVT or RESALE/WHOLESALE customers have made purchases for my monthly sales tax reports. But we created our own custom report in the system and used one of the custom fields in the customer database to mark those customers, so we actually have this report. Just had to do a little custom settings in the reports.

Sister mary L.
Financial Manager
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-09

"We have been using RE for over 16 years; in 2015 we switched POS, but 3 mos later were back with RE."

Pros: I like the elasticity of the program, and the ease of getting around, as I manage sales, inventory, customers, PO's, receiving, etc.
I am fairly functional in the program, yet know only a fraction of its potential. Just a few years ago, we inculcated the use of PO's in receiving, which has been to our advantage. We have full integration with our financial program, which we did not know was a possibility until we came back into RE.
The main plus, I think, though, is the great (personable) tech support we have experienced in the past few years. The techs make their program work for the individual business. A few weeks ago I had a challenge with the integration of our online store, and I could hear those guys behind the tech trying to re-create the scenario, and come up with a fix. They usually are able to create an immediate work around, but then they send a ticket to the developers for a suggested change, and sometimes that is seen on a future update.

Cons: The least thing I like about the software is a result of the best thing I like...and that is the many windows that remain open in the background. Every so often I take the time to clear the windows, to get me a fresh start.
In working with PO's and inventory, the "Edit Purchase Order Item" and "Edit Inventory" windows look identical, and it is confusing which window is being worked in. Inadvertently the 'inventory count' could be change instead of entering the 'quantity to order.'

• Reviewed on 2017-12-09
Eric P.
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-23

"Retail Edge has been a great, stable tool for POS."

Comments: Inventory Tracking, Customer Tracking and day to day register sales.

Pros: Retail Edge is very inexpensive for what it offers. Navigation is simple and day to day tasks are easily done using the tools included with Retail Edge. Items can be entered 'on the fly' yet inventory tracking is also done without needing to purchase a separate module. Customer tracking is also easily handled and reports are easily accessible. Using the matrix to handle similar items with differences like color and size makes inventory entry much faster and efficient. Retail Edge links seamlessly with our online store and keeps inventory control efficient across both channels.

Cons: Designing a software to meet every retailers needs can be challenging. At times we have found Retail Edge to be cumbersome i.e. editing items after the fact can be difficult and can be accomplished, but not before doing multiple steps to make the corrections. We are a bike and ski shop and have a service department which we are unable to track the items in for service using Retail Edge. We have of course found a 'work around' as is with the case on most cumbersome features of the program, but having to create a work around is the cumbersome point. It has not been enough of a headache to leave the Retail Edge family, we have just needed to be creative in the 23 years we have been using the program.

Vanessa M.
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-16

"Fits my Business"

Comments: Great! My questions get answered. The support is intelligent and patient. The system works. We've had a few hiccups but they usually are user error and we figure it out quick enough. We use it every day and I recommend it to everyone.

Pros: Ease of use. Common sense. Intuitive. Clean. Tons of help available when I need it. Interest in improvements and ideas. Adaptable. Works without a lot of fussing. Very affordable!

Cons: Reports don't always give me what I want. Big changes have to be done in excel and imported which I'm not comfortable doing. I'd like real time inventory update with online store. Sometimes island runs slow. There has to be a way to weed my email list so I can update regularly on mailchimp. I'd like loyalty dollars to post on their own.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-16
Kevork G.
Co-owner
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-28

"I Love This Retail Solution!!!!"

Comments: Peace of mind, easy backups, control over inventory, solid reporting.

Pros: GREAT free customer support over email. Frequent updates. VERY Flexible. AFFORDABLE purchase price and updates. Rock solid performance. Great under the hood abilities. Without a doubt, the most feature rich and the most affordably priced retail pos with an incredible and responsive team. Recently improved support for integrated cloud, network, e-commerce. Runs very well on Windows 7.

Cons: Not the MOST appealing visually. Some features are buried or structurally antiquated. Good (not great) reports, templates (no ability to edit template for reports receipts). Sales/discount rules are one of the elements that are feature rich, but tricky to set up. Not as intuitive as they could be. For some, (not me) it might be a con that it doesn't run on an iPad.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-28
David S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-11

"Very easy to use and straight forward. Does everything I need for my store and more."

Comments: an well made-smooth checkout for my customers and employees.

Pros: Easy to use and easy to teach new employees. Adding inventory is fast as well as grabbing reports.

Cons: Wish there was a Buy 1 Get 1 Feature for the discount. Feel like the customer information retention gets deleted after so long.

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 2018-07-20

David, Thanks for your review! We're so glad you like the ease of use and our comprehensive reporting features.

We do have a Buy X for Y and get Z off feature! please click Here to go to our forums for a step-by-step tutorial on how to set it up. Give us a call if you have any questions!

Regarding your customer information, nothing should be getting deleted since your data is local to your own computer. If you are concerned you're losing data please give Tech Support a call.

Here

Text

Perry J.
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-15

"Retail Edge POS software"

Comments: We were audited a few years ago by the Sales and Use Tax department of the state of Missouri. The auditor said this software was an awesome tool. We actually received a small refund!

Pros: Ease of use, reliable and very efficient.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. Complete satisfaction.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge: Price and referral.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-15
Daniel L.
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-02

"Simple program that can do everything that I need it to do."

Comments: I use it every day to track the sales and inventory of my stores.

Pros: I like how this program keeps up with all aspects of inventory, sales and customers. Basically, I can do any type of analysis that big box retailers do using this software.

Cons: I least like the support for this program. I consider myself an expert user at this point, and I find it frustrating that I am charged regardless of the outcomes of my support calls. I've had many issues that the support staff couldn't fix that I've figured out, but I was still charged when they logged into my computer without fixing anything. There was also a blame game played saying that it was the other piece of software that wasn't working while I need multiple companies' software to work in unison.

Owner, Buyer
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-22

"Started RetailEdge in 2013 . Quickly proved to be faster, easier & 1/5 the cost of POS used before."

Comments: Saves money, makes money, saves time analyzing and ordering products.

Pros: Pre-made Reports export to excel with 1 click. The customer loyalty program alone is worth the price of the program. The stand alone laptop workstations let me work anywhere. The support is personable, quick and detailed.

Cons: Some of the reports I use the most require extra steps to create. There is a nice feature which gives you extra "custom" database fields for inventory and customers - but you cannot change the generic labels - which makes it hard to keep consistent across multiple users.

Perry J.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-31

"State sales and use audit was flawless per the auditor ."

Comments: Organization

Pros: Ease of use, great tool for inventory and customer purchase history. Love the reports. We love it and wouldn't change anything.

Cons: Pay to upgrade, missing out on good stuff which we can't always pay to update. Maybe an annual free upgrade could be possible

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 2018-10-18

Perry,

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you like the reports and and customer purchase history.

Our Upgrade plan is only $5/workstation/month, and at 9-10 updates per year, we feel that amount best suits our customers and our efforts to provide the best version of RetailEdge we can.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-31
Sara R.
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-10

"Awesome is the word I would use."

Pros: It's user-friendly and has many layers so there is always some report that you can create or you can detail and customize your inventory. Minimal training when you hire new or seasonal staff. RetsilEdge's staff is very professional (I can probably name every one of them from all the help they've given me over the years and knowledgeable, they are all great!

Cons: Nothing really; As I mentioned before, it's user-friendly and can be used easily. Nothing to complain about.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-10
Dave S.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-22

"We have used Retail Edge for 20 years. It has always worked well for us."

Comments: We can track customer history, product sales and see trends in the paddlesports industry.

Pros: Customer Support is incredible, when you call in you get real people who understand the product and can solve your problem in a few minutes or less.
The new Android Dashboard so I can stay in tough with my store sales.

Cons: When Microsoft does its updates there are often small issues that crop up and make something in Retail Edge malfunction. But the good news is that Customer Support is awesome!

Ed E.
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-03

"Been using for 13 years now. Overall great experience"

Comments: Fairly bulletproof Point of Sale (POS) application.

Pros: Within the framework provided the software has a fair amount of flexibility. Adding common utilities can allow you to run your business from anywhere using the RetailEdge functionality. The price is also a strong "Pro." Lots of great tools for a reasonable price

Cons: You must move within the framework provided. If you want to do something not supported it can be a difficult road.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-03
Jason P.
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-21

"It has a been an easy software to understand and setup"

Comments: I am able to use the new chip credit cards and it is very professional interface when we have credit card machines that interact with our software. Customer history and inventory management.

Pros: This software is able to handle the 14000+ clients we already have. The import process was easy. It handles the variety of inventory all the way down to serial numbers.

Cons: The only real complaint I have with this software is when receiving check payments from customers there is no field to enter the actual check number. Many times months down the road a customer will call and ask for the check number an invoice was paid with.

Michael Y.
Michael Y.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-21

"Simple and amazing software!"

Pros: As a used bookstore we have utilized the customer features to track book credits. This allows us to see when our customers were last in and contact info to get them back! Simple and easy to use!!

Cons: There is little I don't like about this software.. it's a software that it always in evolution. Having consistency when having doing reports... A default selection choice would be nice...

Peter N.
Manager\ Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-16

"Its easy to use and get detailed reports"

Comments: reports on sales and details reports

Pros: The ability to customize the reports to my exact need. Customer tracking, deposits and lay away are very easy to use. Sales page is simple to use and look up items

Cons: input of inventory and and the P.O. system. A video for training for each activity would be helpful.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-16
Richard K.
Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-11

"Great software, easy, quick & efficient."

Comments: Very easy to work with.

Pros: Very easy to work with. My company has been using RetailEdge for quite some time now and we won't use any other program.

Cons: There's really nothing that I can think of, this is the first program that we really have no problems with.

Elio S.
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-23

"All around great prodcut"

Pros: we have 2 stores and RetailEdge saves us a lot of time and money keeping both stores synced, works with randon barcode and talks to the scale

Cons: waiting for Android app support so we can use with our Samsung Galaxy and our tablets,
that's pretty much it

Brian S.
Owner/Partmner
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-23

"Customer rep was a great help with the process of setting up our retail edge. Very easy to learn"

Comments: Muscle Inc has been open for a while and now with a 2nd location its easy to use, user friendly and gives you alot of options to print reoports

Pros: Very user friendly and easy to use. Organized and tracks sales with the ability to run multiple reports.

Amanda H.
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-08

"Perfect system for my business"

Pros: This software is easy to use and does everything I was looking for. I love the inventory management.

Cons: I am still working through all the features of the program. So far, I have not figured out how to print labels for products.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-08
Eric M.
Eric M.
General Manager
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-02

"We have been using RE since 2007 and have been very happy overall."

Comments: It's an effective way for us to manage our inventory and reports with out a high cost. I do wish there were a userface update to be more "modern" and the ability to look up customers who haven't been here since, say, 2015. More in depth reporting can be beneficial as well.

Pros: The affordability is nice, compared to others that I've shopped around for. We purchased our setup in 2007 and we have since added to it, and have a total of three key FOB's (2 machines, 1 backup) for our business. I can operate the system in my sleep because I'm familiar w/ it, which makes it very hard to consider changing to another system. After digging into the features I was looking for, I found that with a modest purchase, RE can do everything that I want and need it to do.

Cons: I have asked for some features over the years that seem simple and would be useful for the wide variety of customers as well. However, I think my biggest dislike is the inability to get a beep when a negative item is scanned and we're not looking at the screen. Example: We sell canned cat foods, and often times, we sell 24-72 of them at a time. Most of these cans have to be scanned at least once. Errors happen, and if our inventory is off or the items have arrived before being put in, there will be a negative. If you aren't looking at the screen, you'll simply not see the "are you sure" notification, which another scan of a can hits "ok" We have trained ourself for the most part, but it would still be nice to have an alert.

Dale R.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-14

"Excellent Product"

Comments: Oh! This has been a great experience for managing inventory and for processing sales in a professional manner. Both for the customer and cashier's experience.

Pros: I like that I have the option of Free email tech support and that updates are reasonably priced via the bronze package. The replies are always courteous and helpful. Plus, I know that I have the paid one off tech support service which I used once due to the urgency of the issue. I can't complain about the actual software because I am extremely satisfied.

Cons: I wish that I could refund a store credit via cash instead of only being able to apply it to an invoice. Sometimes, I need to refund a customer their store credit and I have to do lots of work arounds. It would be nicer to have a totally revamped discount system. I find creating promotions and renewing them tedious. The options are adequate, but the interface is not user-friendly for regular changes... it just needs to be an easier faster process for the person inputting the promotions. Again, possibly a total revamp instead of updates. Maybe an up-loadable spread sheet would be an option as there are sometimes so many items to create promotions for that my ability to create promotions becomes frustrating.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-14
Sara T.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-14

"Feature Rich, Robust & Easy to Use Store Management Software"

Comments: In investigating RE, I emailed the company many, many times. I always got a prompt, complete reply that covered all of my concerns. They were patient and helped me transfer data twice, as the new computer crashed and had to be repaired, then the software reinstalled. In refining the program for my vitamin shop, they have been helpful every step of the way, often offering solutions from their own experience using RE.

Pros: -soft learning curve
-excellent reports
-feature rich
-extreme value for the price
- wicked awesome support
-easy to update inventory

Cons: - minor tweaks that may well be built in later- just getting used to another system, nothing really against RE

• Reviewed on 2019-11-14