• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.2 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.4 /5

About Intervals

Take control of your projects and find out where your time is going with customizable workflows and detailed, meaningful reports.

Learn more about Intervals

Mark G.
President / CEO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

"Very Pleased"

Comments: I purchased Intervals for my small business to make it easier to track and assign tasks. We previously had a system that no one (including me) used because it was not at all intuitive and was a poor fit with what we needed. I looked at a lot of other systems, including BaseCamp, Asana and a few others that are commonly recommended. Intervals was the best fit for what we were seeking.

Pros: The biggest 'pro' is that everyone (!) who works at my business uses it and finds that it is very intuitive. Everyone agrees that it makes our work easier and is a pleasure to use. It is very affordable for the features it offers and the numbers of projects/tasks that you can create a big selling point for me was that I could get everything that I needed for about $50 or so per month, without worrying about immediately outgrowing the system. Intervals is very forgiving when errors are made it warns you when you are about to leave a page without saving, for instance, but doesn't bombard you with alerts that aren't needed. It has plenty of room for saving documents and allows comments to be made in Intervals via any email address. It stood out from some other software in that it is also more customizable. Their customer service is excellent, and you can tell that they actually use the software and have thought through and learned what works and what doesn't. A fully-functional timer / timesheet system is another big plus.

Cons: Intervals introduces new features every quarter or so one of the latest is adding files through drag and drop. The lack of drag and drop used to be the biggest con for me, since I upload files often. So, no longer a con. That system could be a little more streamlined, and there are some file management features that I'd like to see improvements on (and which I've recommended to Intervals staff  I love that you can do that and that they actually listen!), such as the ability to organize files into folders (each task sort of acts like a folder, so this is not a big issue in most cases sometimes we have 50 files attached to a task so we have to scroll a bit). Also, the interface design is a little less contemporary than some others. However, these are all very minor, picky issues in comparison to what you get with Intervals software that more than does its job and offers more bang for the buck than its competitors.

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Mark, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback on document uploads and the interface. It's very helpful feedback.

In regards to the interface, we've recently launched a new look, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Andre V.
Pres
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-14

"Rock solid - powerful - affordable - Project management tool"

Comments: We have been using Intervals for 6 years and it is still the perfect tool for our engineering company. We trust this tool as our central (and only) hours worked database. We use it to bill our customers, to pay our employees and to follow the progress of of our projects too! It has performed flawlessly for 6 years and it is simply fantastic!!!

Pros: - Cloud-based. A must for us as our employees can work from where ever they are
- Reliable - never lost data or obtained a bad report
- Powerful - The data in the database can be analyzed in many different ways as provided by the built-in reports. Easy export to external processing tools if necessary.
- PERFECT for project-based companies. Perfect!

Cons: Not much. Some may find it more complicated than simpler tools, but that is the price to pay to enjoy a professional grade tool...

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Andre, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

James C.
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-09

"Conceptually, this is excellent project management software"

Comments: Budget management, time tracking, project management, invoicing

Pros: I like the fact that time tracking, project management, task management, and invoicing is all tied together. The idea of pulling all these elements together is genius!

Cons: Currently, I use the software primarily for tracking my time and invoicing clients. My biggest beef with the software is that it does not give you the option to track your time with start & stop times. I jump between projects and tasks quite a bit during the day. Many times I don't have time to start or stop timers because I'm on the go. I usually update my time at lunch and at the end of the day by thinking back over the past few hours, and entering it into a spreadsheet in time blocks. For example: From 8:30 am - 9:00 am I worked on Project A doing project coordination. From 9:00 am - 11am, I worked on Project B writing a report... The spreadsheet allows me to enter my time in blocks of a day, but then I have to transfer those hours into Intervals. This is inefficient and duplicates effort, but I need to be able to enter it in time blocks in order to be accurate. I usually don't have time to enter time into both programs in a day, and so it ends up sliding to the end of the month. If intervals allowed you to enter hours in start/stop time blocks, then I could skip the spreadsheet and have realtime feedback on my budget. The absence of this one feature significantly reduces its effectiveness and functionality for me. If the developers would create this one feature, I would have no complaints! It would save me hours of time and I would always know where my budgets stood.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-09
Amir R.
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-19

"good, but could be better..."

Comments: i've been using intervals for a few years now.
basicaly, it answers our needs, but the main thing I feel missing is an integration to services like zapier, which are the only way to sync with our sales CRM...
second, i think the task view should be much more intuitive. thanks!

by Pelago on 2017-03-23

Thank you for the feedback. We are considering integrating with Zapier and appreciate the feedback. We have been rolling out more and more integrations and Zapier has a good chance of making the list.

Regarding the task listing, we are actively working on overhauling the user interface and the task listing will be changing. If you have any specific questions about the changes please contact our support team ([email protected]).

• Reviewed on 2017-02-19
Dmitri B.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-12

"Yes, I gave it all five stars"

Comments: What we really appreciate is attention to details. One of the best user interfaces (UI) out of many web applications we used for the last 3 or 4 years. Very intuitive.
Reporting tools are priceless!
Overall a great application, would recommend it to anyone wholeheartedly!

Pros: Great user interface
Reporting tools
Value for the money

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Dmitri, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-12
Maria F.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-24

"we have been able to meet our needs as a start-up with ease and really no issues. Very helpful"

Pros: the The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.

Cons: I understand from other users that without the full admin rights, the actions are sometimes more restrictive so finding the right permissions to non admin users is sometimes challenging.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-24
Michael P.
  • Reviewed on 2012-02-24

"The Perfect Time Tracking and PM Solution for Our Agency"

Comments: We looked at a lot of cloud-based time tracking and project management solutions before choosing Intervals. None of them had everything we needed in one place. Almost 2 years later, we still feel we made the right choice and recommend Intervals without reservation. It does what you expect, and much more, and is an absolute bargain for what it costs.

Pros: Has all the features we were looking for and more (time tracking, tasks, data export, Quickbooks export). Easy to teach to new hires. Customizable so it works with our workflows. Mobile version is also great when we're on the road. Robust reporting.

Cons: There are so many reports that we often can't remember which ones do what, but that's not really a con; it's more our issue. If Intervals had more robust file sharing capabilities, it could replace another service we use, which would be great.

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Michael, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback about reports and file sharing. We can see how better organization and file sharing would be an improvement, so, we've made note of these ideas for future development possibilities.

• Reviewed on 2012-02-24
Jennifer C.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-06

"Intervals has helped us manage the projects we work on with external teams."

Pros: It helps us easily communicate updates and changes that need to be made to campaigns, while notifying everyone working on the project at one time.

Cons: There isn't much flexibility within the tool, and it is hard to find tasks, projects, and documents at times.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-06
David R.
Creative Director and CEO
  • Reviewed on 2014-08-27

"Nailed it"

Comments: I reviewed more 20 systems before I settled on Intervals. I've been using Intervals for about 5 years because it helps me track, manage and understand our most valuable resource - time. It's speed and ease of use are nearly transparent, until we need the information. Then it provides us, and our clients, full accountability and has allowed us to capture and bill for more of our time than possible before.

Pros: Ease of use (get everywhere from anywhere)
Great support from the authors
Frequent updates and additions
Loading speed of application
Flexible billing options
Exports seamlessly to Quickbooks for accurate billing

Cons: Minor details that are more preferences for my work style than functional issues.

• Reviewed on 2014-08-27
Clark B.
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-17

"RidgeRun Engineering Review"

Comments: The tool is excellent for cross / site, global task management, time tracking and invoicing for time billed on an hourly basis. We also sell software and had to work around some issues to reflect invoices for software sales in the system. We are really looking for request tracking, estimating and resource planning in the same intuitive, simple method as the other features. Intervals folks are fantastic at customer support.. Great rating for the features that exist!

Pros: Simple task management and time management in a great web based tools. Intuitive, not over featured which is the plague of many tools. Good reporting, fantastic customer support

Cons: We really would like a simple customer inquiry, estimating and resource planning front-end with the same simple interface, not over featured, but covering the 80% of common requests. Invoicing should have an ability to have non-labor invoices kept out from the labor reporting. Payments made on non-labor items seem to subtract from the outstanding balance report which is what is used to determine which customers have outstanding labor items to bill. This has lead to some time against customers projects to not get billed. We have worked around it in a clunky way by creating "For billing purposes only" projects. All these extra projects take from the number of active projects which drives our license cost, but is necessary to avoid missing billing for labor spent on projects

by Pelago on 2017-04-20

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We've been considering some lightweight estimating and resource planning tools, so thank you for sharing how that would be useful. we'll be sure to update our roadmap if we move forward with any of them.

Meanwhile, take a look at the request queue, found under the Tasks tab, for managing customer inquiries. We've also added a lightweight resource allocation report that may help with resource planning.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-17
Course Development Manager
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-03

"Intervals is a cost effective answer for project management"

Comments: Intervals is a web-based PM tool that can be accessed from anywhere by team members. Project creation, tracking, updates, costing etc. are easily and quickly accomplished on this tool.

Pros: Intuitive, extremely user-friendly project management tool. Project creation, task creation, duplication and cost-related features are outstanding.

Cons: This is a terrific PM product; so much in fact, that the wealth of other features were almost too overwhelming (and not every feature was used.)

• Reviewed on 2019-12-03
Paul M.
Director of Engineering
Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-13

"The Best Project Management software available."

Comments: We spent 2 months researching all the available software programs and none could meet all our requirements with the exception of Intervals. This software is so simple that our entire company use sit. We set it up in a day and it was operational 2 days latter. The training was simple so all the users felt comfortable in learning it and then advancing to the more powerful features of the software. It was become the base of communication for the company and drives efficiency in reducing non value added activities. Whenever I have a question on a feature or our data, I usually get an answer within an hour. Very fast response.

Pros: It is so simple and yet so powerful. I love the reporting and the communication updating.
Costs. Their costing model work very well for us.
Project updating. Its real time and I am always up to speed with the latest updates on the projects.
Timesheets. The method of tracking progress using timesheets is an extremely powerful tool.

Cons: I hope this software lasts forever. I cant ever image life without it. Downloading of large data can be better but I can manage

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Paul, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback. In regards to downloading data, we are continually making optimizations to speed up downloads. If a particular area is slowing down, please let us know so we can focus our efforts.

Kevin W.
Chief Technical Architect
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-22

"Does What It Says It Will Do"

Comments: We used Intervals for several years and have never encountered a bug. It replaced an in-house product. The management types like the reporting and dashboard facilities. For ordinary users it is straightforward to enter time and navigate around. The problem is getting users to do it regularly - but that is a problem with the humans not the software! There are lots of power-user features (e.g. saved searches) that we adopt over time. There's probably lots more that we could pick by reading the help but as engineers we never read manuals! We have integrated it via its API with our in-house issue tracking software: the integration was a little awkward but once set-up hasn't given us any problems. Technical support has been quick and friendly. In summary: it's a quality product that does what it sets out to do well.

Pros: Ease of use. Simplicity in the UI with power-features not far away

Cons: Nothing. I wish more software was this straightforward (and I'm looking at you Microsoft Office...)

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Kevin, thank you for the encouraging review. We're glad to hear that Intervals is a good fit for your business. I wanted to point out that Intervals has a new look. It's called Modernistic and is a theme that can be found in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-22
Brian O.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-14

"All that Project Management AND a bag of chips"

Comments: Seriously, running a fast-paced, and fast-growing creative agency isn't easy. I've seen our average "active" Intervals projects double in less than two years from around 20 to about 40 at a time. After hours of comparison we chose Intervals more than 3 years ago and I haven't looked back since. The competition didn't have the level of detail I (we) required.

Pros: Intervals offers us the ability to set custom statuses, priorities, worktypes and SO much more. Dig down to the granular detail with their graphs and charts. As we grow, our team continues to utilize more and more of their unique functions.

Cons: Other than not having a mobile phone app yet, this project management tool rocks!

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Brian, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback and wanted to let you know we are in the early stages of developing a mobile app.

And, we've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Sharon B.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-13

"Happy Intervals User Since 2009"

Comments: Before using Intervals for my project scheduling, time-tracking and invoicing, I was using a combination of Basecamp and Freshbooks. Since I switched over to using their software in 2009, I haven't even considered another product. Intervals has given me all the tools I need to for managing my freelance graphic design business and I haven't had any problems, to date. Whenever I've had software questions, their customer service has been very responsive. And, they're constantly adding new features, before I even realize I want them -- let alone need them!

Pros: Incredibly easy to use and includes all the features I need for my business in one product

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Sharon, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

Ross H.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-03-04

"Good robust project management software"

Comments: We've been using Intervals for 5 years; it was the first SaaS app we started using. It works well for our small business; we have a core team of 5 FTE and 100s of projects.

Pros: Speed and robustness

Cons: It's look is a little dated

by Pelago on 2017-03-10

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it. Regarding the look, we are actively working on updating the user interface. If you would like to be part of the beta tester group please email [email protected] to be added.

• Reviewed on 2017-03-04
Stephen F.
Business Development Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-09

"Wonderful time tracking tool for independent contractors!"

Comments: Overall I would highly recommend this tool to anybody looking for a project management/time tracking tool.

Pros: This is a wonderful time tracking tool for independent contractors! I've yet to find a tool that has as simple to use time tracking feature as intervals. We've used this across our organization for years.

Cons: I am not the biggest fan of the mobile functionality, it needs some work. The desktop view is excellent.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-09
Tad S.
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-28

"Love that it captures everything and reports so well"

Comments: Records time.

Pros: Reports are easy. The system forces me to record time in an orderly fashion. Reports come out beautifully. I do like how, if it is set up correctly to begin with, the tasks wind up right where they are supposed to be and clients are clear about what work has been done given the reports.

Cons: It is cumbersome to get to tasks in projects. The "filtering" process as a way to find tasks or projects is a little too many steps.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-28
Jay A.
Product
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-12

"Intervals is a great, flexible project management tool"

Comments: Intervals is great. If you need project management software that isn't bloated with features but has enough to get the job done, this is it.

Pros: Very affordable for all of the features
Great UI and user experience
Flexible, lots of options but not too many that's its overwhelming
Awesome customer support

Cons: Not many cons. The documentation was a bit lackluster, but as you use the platform you can figure most of it out.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-12
John H.
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-05

"It gets the job done"

Pros: We were able to enter job tasks and track them pretty easily.

Cons: It was a little harder to use than competitors, it also lacked a lot of features we needed as a company.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-05
Adam W.
Co Founder
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2014-09-10

"Amazing Software to Run Your Business"

Comments: If you are a business owner or project manager looking for a way to organize your business and yourself, I recommend you look no further. Intervals Project management is amazing. I have been running my graphic design firm using this software for the past 7+ years. I have added to several other ventures I am involved with. Simple and ease of use without unnecessary bells and whistles makes Intervals my choice in project management software.

Pros: Low Cost
All you need to organize any business
Amazing Email handling
Great user role system, well thought out for an agency or other firm
Has not been down or offline for us for 7+ years

Cons: None

• Reviewed on 2014-09-10
Jason L.
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-23

"Does what I need it to do for the most part"

Comments: Project functionality is great, but more customization when it comes to invoices would be great. It would be nice if it named your invoice based on the customer and date, instead of just invoice.pdf.

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Jason, thank you for the review. We can understand that more customization with invoices would be a great help. Although we don't have any plans for it currently, we might add more features in the future to make invoicing more flexible.

We also wanted to let you know we've launched a new look. Check out the Modernistic theme in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-23
Moataz H.
Engineer
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-11

"The Pricing"

Comments: Its a smart easy to use and the timing they gave to you for free trail give you a very good experience that will end by activate one of the 4 packages

Pros: Its giving you a chance to try the software before buying it, which is very smart because you will like the software and will ending buying it

Cons: The price listing still a little bit high, need to reconsider

• Reviewed on 2019-08-11
Jeff D.
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-08

"Great software to track billable versus non-billable hours"

Comments: We use this every day to track time and set project alerts. It's been a great and easy to use and share with our employees.

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Jeff, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-08
Toby F.
  • Reviewed on 2017-03-03

"I've been using MyIntervals for over 5 years and looking forward to another 5!"

Comments: As a small business, MyIntervals hits all the key points we need to successfully manage our projects easily and cost effectively.

by Pelago on 2017-07-28

Toby, thank you for the glowing review, and for your five years of continued business. We wanted to let you know we've launched a new look. Check out the Modernistic theme in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

• Reviewed on 2017-03-03