eviivo Reviews

4.0 (341) Write a Review!

About eviivo

eviivo is the original all-in-one booking suite. Our award-winning software is the simple way to manage guests, bookings and OTAs.

Learn more about eviivo

Pros:

Easy to use diary, integrated emails and channel management.

Cons:

The transition to the Eviivo suite was very problematic, not helped by having little or no customer support at that time (Spring 2019).

eviivo ratings

3.9
4.0
3.9
4.0

7.2/10

eviivo has an overall rating of 4.0 out 5 stars based on 341 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used eviivo before?

Derek
Derek
Owner in Ireland
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Simple to use. Value for money.

Comments: 99% of the time it works flawlessly. Good support but not the fastest in responding to queries.

Pros:

Simplicity. There is a free trial!! Their preauthorisation of credit cards is a key feature leading to us staying with them. It will flag failed cards I your booking calendar allowing you to cancel via booking.com if card not update within 24 hours. This feature saves money and offsets the cost of the software as failed cards have a much higher no show rate.

Cons:

Outages - system has had a number of outages I last two years one of which lasted over 12 hours making processing payments for departing guests impossible via the system. Bookings received via OTAs impacted and needed to be verified. Outages are a concern and have triggered my review if alternative platforms.

Steve
Director in U.S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

White Pine camps review of the Eviivo booking engine.

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The transition from Weberations to Eviivo was horrible at first, given the terrible customer support at the time. But after the Austin support group was staffed and trained it has become one of the best support groups we experiance and is far superior to the OTA's Airbnb, Booking.com or VRBO's . Hats off to the current support group.

Pros:

Robust functionality and the quality and quantity of the available support

Cons:

Customers are not presented an overall view like the Planner view and are frequently confused by Eviivo's presenting properties that are not available after they specify dates and capacity needs. Customer reach out to us and complain about the process and we have to spend time with them to help and explain. When glitches and bugs occur in the software ( Like the event when Payments stopped or deposits suddenly included taxes) it takes far too long to correct the issue., (often 3 weeks+)

2 weeks ago

Steve, Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate the candor. A couple items of note. First...your observation about our robust functionality / ease of use dilemma is common. eviivo literally has more than 30 software engineers that are constantly working on the platform. We purposely focused on making the platform more comprehensive from the beginning. Recently, we have worked just as hard to improve the ease of use & to improve our training. These improvements are continuing. In regards to your reference to the payments issue that occurrred, please note that was an issue with a merchant provider partner...not with eviivo. In fact, it was eviivo who pressed and found the issue on behalf of you and others. Lastly, we really appreciate your call out of our support team's performance. In fact, Capterra users have done the same calling out eviivo's support team as much better than industry average. Thank you for your continued patronage!

Sheri

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Comments: Eviivo has cost our business time and money. I am now looking to replace eviivo with another booking engine. It's a shame that the customer service is so lacking because I really had hoped I would like their product. Especially after being on Webervations for 15 yrs which saw virtually no improvements to their calendar despite so many technical advancements in that timeframe which really makes my point...how could eviivo be so much worse than the antiquated and outdated Webervations? At least Weber worked reliably and never cost me reservations.

Pros:

Absolutely nothing. Booking engine is NOT working. Their customer service is NON EXISTENT. Phone calls go to voice mail, emails unanswered, support tickets unanswered, online chat spotty at best.

Cons:

This booking engine is unreliable at best. Since going "live" 2 weeks ago I have not received a reservation thru eviivo because it doesn't work. I have received calls from guests who were unable to complete their booking online which was exactly my experience after I conducted my own test to ensure their system was actually functioning. My test booking never went thru...just kept cycling back to the reservation page. I am 2 weeks into this and have not even received a phone call back from eviivo and the booking engine is still NOT working. The customer service is NON EXISTENT. No one answers the phone, their online chat support is not staffed and most often is unavailable, email and support tickets go unanswered. I have a small lodging property and pride myself on being responsive to the requests of my guests. I am dumbfounded by the total lack of regard eviivo has for their customers. Each day that goes by without the booking engine working properly is costing my business revenue and disservicing my guests. Here are more negatives: 1. The address field asks only for a zip code and not the guests full address. Why? 2. The Discover card and Amex logos do not appear as accepted forms of payment even if your business accepts them. 3. The confirmation letter generated is poorly worded, is largely not customizable and is confusing for a guest to understand. 4. The booking page uses language native to the UK but not the US. Ex: Forename and Surname vs First and Last name.

3 years ago

Hi Sheri, We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Weber. We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch. Regards, eviivo

Martin
Partner in U.K.

Using the system

5.0 last month New

Comments: Been with you since 2006 when we started our business - been 'offered' deals by other on line platforms but never been tempted to move as satisfied with all aspects of Eviivo service. Perhaps the only down side is that contact via msg service, getting the Case Ref and time lapse in Eviivo getting back by phone could be looked at?

Pros:

Simple style and easy accessed on computer, ipad and iphone

Cons:

Rate management is a little cumbersome - needs a 'compare mode' so that \I can update my 4 properties more easily - a 'share' option would be good so as to be able to cross prices from one property to another

Craig
Manager/Owner in U.K.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Malleus Property Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I do find Eviivo challenging to use and my staff members that are not particularly 'tech-savvy' did not understand it. However I believe that this is not a fault of Eviivo but because it is a complex system that is required to interact with other complex websites/OTAs.
It could perhaps be slightly more user friendly and perhaps have some little 'info' buttons next to fields that you could click on for an explanation of what is required.
This could save user having to dip back into the 'university' videos or have to go into chat.

Pros:

The whole system works really well when fully understood by the user and used correctly. The Tech support are helpful and have always helped me resolve any issues I have and helped me learn to use the system.

Cons:

It is a challenging software for a new user and it has taken time to become proficient in using it.

Ozan Kemal
Reservation Manager in Turkey
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

For resesvation maangement definitely eviivo

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

eviivo is my favourite booking management platform due to its advance and easy-to-use features.

Cons:

I am quite happy in my experience with eviivo, haven't lived any negativity so far.

Kathleen
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Really pleased with the solution and most importantly the customer service and communication

Comments: My sales and onboarding team were exceptional and appreciated the proactive communication, quick turn around with responses and commitment to help get us set up in the best way to support our business.

Pros:

Eviivo covers the majority of our use cases: -Vacation rental reservation with individual home and property calendars -Rate management with multiple seasons for 3+ years (clunky implementation) -Venue calendar management -OTA integration with all major platforms -Quickbooks online integration for payment processing and accounting They are also very open and welcomed my feedback and enhancement requests/suggestions.

Cons:

A little challenging to configure for our unique business model, vacation homes and wedding venues on a private resort/estate, but overall really pleased. They started in the UK and are set up to support an international market including the US so there are features and terms that don’t really apply to our market. A US product manager would greatly benefit them. They also need to provide the option to configure some key details at a system global level vs at each property as we needed to repeat entering details individually for every home. We only have 8 homes right now but this could be a challenge for larger vacation home businesses. However, it’s relatively easy to navigate through these. -Need centralized inbox within the application to handle all OTA communication and internal direct guest communication -Can’t support group bookings with our vacation home model of unique calendars vs hotel room types -Need calendar to show holidays for ease of rate setting -Need e-sign capability for vacation rental contract agreement and allow attachments with reservations -Need customized cleaning checklist -Need damage communication and billing process beyond the pre-auth for the deposit

Brent
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

New to Eviivo and very pleased!

Comments: Valuable time saved.
Dependable multi channel management.
Improved, customized guest communications.
Life/Work balance restored.

Pros:

The Moon Dance On Boarding experience has been smooth, informative and rewarding thanks to JL and the professional, detailed, patient guidance and implementation provided! JL has given us alternate suggestions and, unique to our situation, solutions that have shown we are being treated as a valued customer and not just a task to be slotted into fixed solutions. In addition to JL's incredible service with On Boarding we have been very pleased with the quick (within the hour) assistance from Chat Help. Dependable channel management to avoid those dreaded double bookings is of course important. However, the convenience of bringing everything to one dashboard is great. The time savings which we are now experiencing from automated payments and automated, customized emails with guests, is going to be huge! At Moon Dance we value our Life/Work balance, especially as we approach our seventies, so 40% to 60% time savings in some areas is very important to us. Moon Dance is very pleased with the overall functionality and ease of use. We are also impressed that there seems to be a proven commitment to upgrades, added features and a new mobile app.

Cons:

We don't have much to complain about. We strongly recommend that you fully engage in the Eviivo University videos and Articles so that you can maximize the integration of your business with the Eviivo platform. The more you prepare and understand both about how you want your units to appear on OTAs and be described and what Eviivo can do and not do, the smoother the experience and the happier you will be with the product. Pre-load your photos and logos and the descriptions for each unit/cabin ahead of the On Boarding and your will have a smoother experience. The editing software within the email customization proved to be just as clunky and glitchy as it has been on a few other packages we have worked on in other businesses, but with patience and trial & error it fell into place. Definitely an area for future improvement.

7 months ago

Brent, We really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with eviivo. Mike

Esther
Manager in U.S.
Hospitality, Self Employed

Returned to Eviivo because of customer service

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been so helpful! I feel like I can call or email them at any time and they help me nearly immediately. Its so nice to have such wonderful service!

Pros:

I like that I can take credit card payments in the software and that I have more access to be able to change reservations as I need to and as guests requests.

Cons:

I am waiting for the mobile app to be released. In that past I found the app pretty useless. I am really excited to see how user friendly the new app is. I think I would like to be able to see the CVC number on credit cards once it is entered. there have been a few times that that card was not working and I needed to verify the information and it will not allow me to view the CVC number one entered.

last year

Esther...thank you so much for the review. We too are excited about the updated mobile app that is coming in the next couple weeks. I think you will be quite impressed with the ease of use and functionlity. More importantly, we appreciate you calling out our team members for the helpfulness! The last 18 months have been a tough row for our industry...but hearing feedback like yours tells us we continue to make postivie differences in STR managers daily lives! Mike Weimann GM

Donna
Hospitality, Self Employed

Eviivo was the suggested replacement for Webervations

Comments: This was presented as a option when the Chamber of Commerce in my community cut ties with Webervations. I made the switch, but at the same time listed my property on Airbnb. At this point the majority of my reservations come thru Airbnb, and they cost me much less than the reservations booked thru Eviivo. While I appreciate that guests can book my property directly without paying additional fees to Airbnb, the additional costs are outweighing the benefit.

Pros:

More user friendly than Webervations was, but the additional costs are adding up. At this point I am leaning towards moving to Airbnb only. Much simpler model, lower cost and they handle my state tax payments for me.

Cons:

In addition to paying a fee to Eviivo, I have to pay fees to a third party provider to process credit card payments. Unlike Airbnb, I am responsible for collecting and paying state sales tax. Eviivo touts the ability to advertise my property on other sites such as Home Away, Agoda, etc...but the fees are exorbitant. I am a small business and cannot afford to give up 15% to 20% of my revenue, which I could have rented the same dates thru Airbnb for a much lower cost.

last year

Donna, First I have good news. The integration between eviivo and Simpleview (Jack Rabbit) is now complete. You can actually just opt in to that channel within your eviivo suite. Also, I have other pieces of news to share with you regarding all of the things that have happened since you were initially migrated from Webervations to eviivo 2+ years ago. I will reach out to your directly. Regards, Mike Weimann VP Sales - Operations - US

Peggy
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Eviivo does what I need it to do

Comments: eviivo was not easy to get up and running in my opinion. There are still things I don't understand. However, the chat feature enables me to get timely answers to my questions and the customer representatives are friendly and helpful. I haven't found eviivo to be responsive to phone calls or emails. A lot of the problem is due to my not knowing how to input information - set up rates, promotions, etc. but in the end the struggle was worth it. The system has been running smoothly for over a year now and I am happy with it.

Pros:

In my opinion, syncing calendars is the most valuable aspect of the eviivo software. I no longer need enter reservations on multiple platforms as they come in - thus alleviating worry about double bookings. Also, I like having the financial reporting and calendars available for three properties in one place. I like having an historical record of guest information and reservations.

Cons:

The learning curve was pretty steep and very stressful for me. My old software, Webervations, ended and I had to find software to takes its place. It took a long time to get eviivo operating the way it should. eviivo uses terms and wording that is European centric. Room titles and descriptions are not expressed in terms that would be typical for American travelers. Also eviivo does not permit syncing VRBO calendar, so my VRBO reservations must be manually entered on eviivo.

2 years ago

Hi Peggy. I manage the US operation for eviivo. We very much value your feedback and your patronage of our All-in-One eviivo suite. I am very much aware of what happened with the migration of more than 2k users in 2019. To say there were hiccups would be an understatement. Also...as eviivo suite actually provides so very many more capabilities than your old platform, and our platform at the time leveraged a more European nomenclature, your feedback about a bit of a steep learning curve then is understandable. The good news is that in the 13 months since your migration...a lot has happened with the platform. For one all of our modules now have very universal naming conventions. For example, the booking calendar that was previously labelled the Diary, is now the Property Manager. But, the most important statement you made is about your practice of inputting your VRBO reservations manually. You absolutely do not need to do this. I will have a member of team reach out to help.

Thomas
Owner/innkeeper in U.S.

New Booking engine/software

Comments: Overall, once the transition was done, it has been a pleasure to work with the Eviivo suite. I have found great assistance from the support team members that I have worked with to fix issues. I believe that we have a great presence on the internet with Eviivo, and as the world transitions back from the Covid-19 issues that we can have another great season. We had just transitioned to Eviivo at the end of 2018/19 season. There were a few errors on my part with the way I set up our room availability, which caused issues with the first 6 months we were with Eviivo, once I realized what I did, it took minutes to correct and presto our business took off. However 2019 was a down year for us in terms of room rentals, and of course 2020 is.....

Pros:

The setup platform, and the way our B&B displays to the public. As I use the platform more and experiment with different aspects of the program, I have developed our business to a much better performing one, baring the covid-19 issues this past year and the shutdown of our B&b industry for most of our season.

Cons:

At fist it was the availability of online assistance, which is still slim on Sundays. Please remember that for us small B&B's Sunday is a high traffic day, and the availability to contact assistance with an issue is still spotty to non existent.

Christina
owner/ manager in U.S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Good software selection for a B&B

Comments: We have found that the software is easy to use for us, and as time goes on they continue to update their software in ways that improve our experience as Hoteliers. We appreciate that they hear our feedback and are always working on ways to improve. We do not take full advantage of all that the software offers, such as the webpage, since we do not know how it would integrate into our google business app which is imperative to us to track our data. We would consider exploring this component more in the future, especially if video content was allowable. ie the possibility of adding 360 degree video for each room,and other videos of our property.

Pros:

We like color-coded diary, the app lets you know if money is due, able to search for reservations in many ways, good selection of reports, the software is updated often to add new features and fix glitches, able to view and use on multiple devices. We are usually able to chat with customer service in 10 min or less, and they are (mostly) helpful with our issues.We have been having to reach out to Customer Service less and less.

Cons:

Sometimes we have issues with the integration to our merchant account, when we enter the same info into Eviivo it fails, but when we enter it into the merchant account directly it works. Also the templates for the customer communication emails are awkward(perhaps due to British English or British preferences) and guests are confused. Thirdly it is impossible to enter our specific cancellation policy into the options that the software has for us, they say that it is because of the OTA preferrances, but in the end we have 2 cancellation policies, one for the OTA reservations and one for those who book directly with us. Of course they are both written on the confirmation letter and cause confusion.

Martha
MGM, Owner in U.S.

So Glad We Stayed!!!

Comments: We are another small property who was left without software when Expedia got rid off RezOvations. Saying that the transition was complete chaos and a nightmare with be a huge understatement. Eviivo was severely overwhelmed by having to migrate thousands of customers in such a short time without properly trained staff in the USA and with a platform foreign to our needs. Prior to the switch I already had lost confidence that Eviivo could offer us a smooth transition. Acting as quickly as I could, I tried to find other platforms and soon after realized how terrible this market is. After probably hundreds of hours researching, I quickly signed a contract with one of the main software companies in the USA. The day before we were supposed to switch over to them, I realized that this company didn't seem much better than Eviivo, so I pulled the plug and cancelled hours prior to the changeover. After a couple of months of headaches and disappointments, we are SO glad that we stayed with Eviivo. The booking engine is probably the best out there (besides one other that's obscenely expensive!) with larger pictures. Eviivo's interface with Google Hotels, Airbnb and the other major OTAs is pretty impressive and simple to use. The interface with the credit card payments, rate management, reporting and diary are pretty impressive. I cannot stress enough how wonderful their customer service is. The "chat" function is even available on Saturdays. We are very, very happy we stayed!!!

Pros:

Amazing booking engine with larger pictures. Great interface with all the major platforms. Amazing reporting.

Cons:

It was a very difficult start. Training was non-existing other than some videos old and outdated with horrible audio.

Isuru
Senior Software Engineer in Sri Lanka

Overall a quality product

Comments: I was looking for a channel manager solution for one of my friend who runs a small hotel which has 4 different rooms. We were getting bookings from Airbnb, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and having troubles to update each and every calendar manually. Especially during the high season. I was looking for the cheapest channel manager and the Xotelia was the one. They don't have many features but definitely, cater our requirement. Initially, setup was bit painful because we had to enter all existing bookings into an excel file and then upload. Most of other channel managers like SabeeApp.com had cool features like importing all existing bookings automatically so that we don't have to do a thing. But anyway once this painful setup is over, everything works as expected. We were having some troubles when sending rates and availability to Airbnb channel. Then found out Airbnb has some high restrictions, so due to that reason Xotelia was so buggy. But it is resolved now. Now my friend who runs the hotel receive an email every morning, which room is free today, to which room guests are going to arrive today and their phone no etc.... We don't use a PMS, but this channel manager works like a one. When it comes to Customer Support, I think they are having very few number of people so, if you make a skype chat you will probably get a reply on next date. The email support also takes time unless you bug them all the time like I do. We can forget that delay in customer support because we hardly have to use them after the initial integration. The only drawback I see in this system is this is not mobile friendly. Since this is a web-based system, this doesn't display nicely on your iPhone (I double in iPad as well). You have to have a laptop with you if you are doing changes every time. But that also ok, because we get a mobile friendly email every morning that does the job.

Pros:

Email sent in every morning about room status. Who is in the room, when they are going to leave, and who are going to arrive today.

Cons:

Website is not mobile friendly, and there is no mobile application as well.

Xotelia Response

6 years ago

Hi Isuru, Thank you very much for your email. We are very glad to hear that you are very happy using the Xotelia solution. We appreciate all the constructive comments and will use it to improve our solution. Kind regards, The Xotelia Team

Ann-Marie

Great Software for our 5 guest room B&B

Comments: From the day we got our first phone call about the possibility of using Eviivo Suite through the set up process with it and the day we "went live" with the online calendar after importing from an Excel program all the past and future reservations from our previous channel manager, we had a very good experience. The Customer Service and Sales People were very anxious to help us transition to Eviivo and to make it as stressless, seamless and smallest use of time they could. I recommend Eviivo to any size business because the Customer Service and Sales Departments know how to tailor this product to the needs of the business. We were "up and running" within a few days with few minor glitches ... mostly because I am not a high tech person and needed to learn a few things to work out the details of what I needed to do from our laptop to contribute to the set up. Customer Service goes out of their way to be sure their customer is confident and knowledgeable about how to use the Eviivo Suite and the entire array of selections offered. They surely helped us. This switch to Eviivo has been an invaluable time saver and more economical for us as well. Thank you so much Eviivo!!!! Ann-Marie Dixon, Owner, High Hill Inn B&B, Vermont (16 years in business).

Pros:

I liked the ease of use of this software. All the answers to the guest bookings are at our "fingertips" with a click or two on the computer. Ease of finding the guest on the calendar, ease of running their deposit, ease of running their check-in and balance due, ease of identifying their booking agency, ease of finding their phone number. Also easy to enter manually a reservation we take over the phone or by email.

Cons:

There wasn't anything I didn't like about this software!

Co-owner in U.K.

Used by the #1 Small Hotel in the World

Comments: Our overall experience is that for us, we would have no need for any other product.

Pros:

We have used eviivo since we started trading in 2010. Back then it was a PC-based product rather than web-based as it is now. Being web-based it has a zero footprint on our hardware, everyone gets the same view of the same data and updates to our room availability, and therefore updates to a potential guest's view and OTA's view of our room availability, are virtually instantaneous. That aspect is a critical feature, as indeed is the availability of access to the eviivo suite itself, and apart from the rare occasion of planned downtime, or a JCB digging through underground BT cables, we have otherwise never suffered a lack of access to the suite. It is also really easy to use (including the App version for mobile access) - certainly for the features we use, as I know there are a ton more of bells and whistles which we could tap into, but being only 7 rooms, the eviivo suite features we use at this price point are just perfect for us.

Cons:

There is nothing for us to dislike. It does what it says on the tin. As for potential improvements, one thing I would really love to see is the ability to build and run bespoke reports. There are lots of canned reports to use, but sometimes there's just that little extra thing you need - but you can always ask their helpdesk

Phillip
owner in Germany
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Feature rich and simple to use

Comments: Overall, we have enjoyed using Eviivo and have shunned many similar companies looking to entice us away. What Eviivo offers is at least equal to other providers and often more at a similar price. Using international staff, Eviivo's simplicity has meant seamless transitions for the new staff and us, and the multi-language help section helps a lot too.

Pros:

Its simplicity, useability and managed profiles for security. More features than any one person needs and uptime is excellent - can't think when we last experienced any downtime.

Cons:

We are a small hotel with 10 rooms, so we don't use the housekeeping feature and many others. These are great features and essential to larger operations, so this is not a negative in any way. I only mention it to emphasise that there is more to Eviivo than many of us need. Not a problem, but a fact.

Gwen
owner in Canada

Using Eviivo

Comments: I like the web site and it is easy to get to customer support. They are always very friendly but I was never able to get to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] directly. I always had to go thru another group until I finally got her email and was able to let her know via email that there was still an ongoing problem with the billing. That has been my only concern regarding eviivo. Otherwise everything is great. As mentioned above, I took the time to try and correct the billing problem, not sure most businesses would have done that, month after month.....

Pros:

Very user friendly and always available. Easy to check bookings and add my own bookings. Compared to what I used in the past, this is a breeze. Glad we were able to find out about eviivo.

Cons:

We pay with our credit card and the credit card renewed with a new expiry date and code and I could not see any place on the site to add this info so I called the help line and ended up talking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She took the new information and processed it and then it happened the next month and I had to call back and then it happened again the 3rd month. She had not updated the ongoing information. I think it is finally corrected but it would have been nice if I could have updated on line and did not have to call back 3 months in a row to get it fixed. Also I wonder, if I did not call how long would it have been before someone tried to call me to find out why they were not getting the payment??

Jonathan
Owner in U.K.

Small Hotel or B&B PMS

Comments: I have been extremely happy with Eviivo so far their customer support, from sales to implementation teams, has been second to none. They have answered every question that I have had and helped me with every aspect of the technology when requested. Incredible support so far from the start

Pros:

The technology suite that Eviivo offers is perfectly suited to a smaller property. I am able to run promotions on line both with the OTA's or just on my own website with just a click of a few buttons. The reporting is excellent and it enables me to see where business is coming from which helps in business making decisions in terms of marketing and sales. The front office is incredibly simple to use, from checking guests in and out to taking payments.

Cons:

At the moment there isn't a capability of charging a guest credit card unless they have a reservation. We would like to sell vouchers to guests to use for future stays and the only way I can take payment is via bacs transfer (or create a fake reservation).

Petra
owner in Canada
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Very User Friendly

Comments: I was using it daily until COVID19 hit. Now I am getting a large amount of cancellations, but I am also blocking my calendar.

Pros:

my initial training session was very important and over time - it is quite an easy system to use

Cons:

Nothing so far, but I do need to take the time and discover all that Eviivo does.

Michele
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Comments: Pretty good ...I am happy with eviivo suite..just some changes would be so much better. Thanks

Pros:

I find the most difficult thing about this software is that it is not designed for dummies like me. I have to get help from the Eviivo team and get shown the path. Once I see the path I can follow through, however it is not intuitive. I find uploading photos very cumbersome and the way you have to save them...lengthy. That whole platform needs to be upgraded? I think the whole thing needs to be a bit simpler to use...as mentioned it doesn't jump out at you. I like the price point, availability of help, and the result of the booking system though. Thanks Michele

Cons:

As mentioned above..sorry put the "least" in the paragraph above

Ibrahim
U.K.
Used the Software for: Not provided

A fantastic service, highly recommended

Comments: My experience of Xotelia has been anything but positive overall. There are a few things that I wasn't happy with but you will find pros and cons to every channel manager etc
The price for the amount/type of rooms you have can go up. So it is preferable for those with less or fewer types of rooms. But is still a milestone cheaper than any of the competitor such as free to book, my allocator or eviio. This is mainly because Xotelia doesn't charge commission on bookings. So you can save a lot, if you get most of your bookings on OTAs.
The customer service is fantastic. My account manager Sorin was nothing but amazing. Super helpful and he really knows what he's doing. Rarely did I have a problem that he couldn't find the solution to. However, there were times that I had to pressure or spam him to get things done. There were days where he couldn't get back to me until the evening, and others where he would be with me the whole day, and I could get a lot done. But this is understandable, Xotelia is a growing company so the staff can sometimes have too much on their plate. And as we were just starting off there was a lot more to do. We also had an issue where my account manager put in the wrong codes for the rooms, which led to a few over bookings. But this was quickly and urgently dealt with. Another thing to note is that although the xotelia admin dashboard is great. You do need to spend the time to learn and get used to it. Your account manager will not do everything for you, or spoon feed you. I had to put in room codes, fill in descriptions etc. This is great at the same time because it helps you to understand the xotelia admin dashboard better. A few other nitpicks. Xotelia does not support some OTAs such as Priceline, kayak. However, there is a huge variety, including a two-way connection with Airbnb which I don't think any other channel manager offers. I was also upset that Xotelia didn't offer the automated email Trip review service for trip advisor reviews. Which their competitors free to book, and myallocator do. I contacted both xotelia and TripAdvisor regarding this matter. And got a 'no' from both. Please note that these are all issues that I have faced personally, and take nothing away from what a fantastic service this really is. The best in the market, and I will definitely be continuing to use this as my B&B progresses.

Xotelia Response

6 years ago

Hi Ibrahim, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you are fully satisfied with the Xotelia solution. Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Carolyn

Online Business partner

Comments: We had a struggle with the learning curve when we first moved over to a vevo but became more and more comfortable with it to the point with now we are extremely comfortable. Always learning always finding out new ways of doing things

Pros:

We are very happy with how evil organizes our bookings for us. The new buffering option is excellent for us during the COVID-Also very useful with the COVID-19 recommendations Staff are extremely helpful when we run into difficulties and answer all of our questions. Their response time has improved very much over over the time. We would recommend it to our Business colleagues

Cons:

It would be useful if there was a more detailed manual to follow to help with the learning curve. For example I was using rate plan to change dates and prices. But then found out after many uses that all I needed to do was going to force booking. Information like that like if it FAQs it could be sent periodically with updates and changes that are happening would be useful.If I missed the memo I apologize..

2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Carolyn! You can find detailed help guides (plus videos, webinars, Masterclasses, and eLearning modules) on eviivo University. Hope this helps! James Shephard, Territory Manager

Beware!

Comments: Our overall experience was very frustrating, and expensive. We lost business and time. We spent many hours setting up their system, only to never be able to use it.

Pros:

We were clients of Rezovation, which was purchased by Eviivo Suite. We went through the process of migrating over to Eviivo, so we did go through the training process, downloading the new calendar, etc. The system appeared to be very much like Rezovation, which we found to be an excellent system. If they get their technical problems sorted out, then this might be a very good reservation system in the future.

Cons:

However, our experience was that Eviivo was never able to migrate our data over due to issues with converting currencies to Canadian dollars. They initially kept telling us that it would be corrected very soon. Then they quit responding to our phone calls and emails. During the process the old Rezovation system that they'd left running in the interim also had problems and we often had to take it down off of our website completely. We feel that we definitely lost business during the periods that we didn't have an on line booking system. We called and emailed them numerous times to at least get a progress report and, for at least the last month, they didn't even respond to our calls or answer our emails. We definitely cannot recommend this product for any Canadian companies at this time (we don't know if it's functioning elsewhere).

3 years ago

Hi Michael, We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo. We did experience some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you could provide us with some contact details we would like to be able to get in touch to discuss this personally with you. Regards, eviivo