15 years helping Canadian businesses

Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

4.4 (18,236) Write a Review!

About Salesforce Sales Cloud

Drive growth with Sales Cloud 360, the best-in-class sales solution that drives rep productivity on the world's #1 CRM platform.

Learn more about Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pros:

The dashboard is in every case exceptionally alluring and basic. The interface is delightful and generally has an excellent cost.

Cons:

There are countless strides to having a total record, so this is definitely not a languid program. In case you will utilize it, focus on utilizing it, in any case, nonsense in, nonsense out.

Salesforce Sales Cloud ratings

4.0
4.1
4.4
4.0

8.1/10

Salesforce Sales Cloud has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 18,236 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesforce Sales Cloud before?

Filter reviews (18,236)

Chinmay Subray
Chinmay Subray
Scholar Trainee - Work Integrated Learning Program in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Salesforce Sales Cloud - Likes and Cons

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My experience using Sales cloud bends towards positive side only. It's Automations , Customizations , Efficiency , Insights are the some of the liked things in Sales Cloud.

Pros:

Salesforce Sales Cloud offers good features like Automations , Analytics and Data management. As it is a cloud based platform so On-premises server maintenance are not required. It's Mobile accessibility is one of the best compared to competitors. As Salesforce has the one of the largest active community the support is very impressive.

Cons:

Pricing structure and complexity is one of the considering thing in Salesforce sales cloud. Mobile accessibility is good but it's functionalities are very limited in my opinion.

Ethan
VP in US
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

Great Product for Data Driven Users

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Great organization of everything you could think of. Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Projects, Services you name it. Your whole company can operate out of salesforce.

Cons:

Implementation and set up can behard if you do not know your processes very well.

Adam
CEO in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Horrible service

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: A horrible option for small to midsized businesses on a budget. Very poor customer service and they try to financially rob you. No consideration for small businesses.

Pros:

The pretty colors on the website and thats about it

Bo
Bo
Customer Service Ambassador in UK
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

My best sidekick!

Comments: The design of the product that enables the team to gather all the customer's data in one place makes it one of a kind. Created and managed lots of marketing campaings with Salesforce as well.

Pros:

I cannot think of a day without Salesforce Sales attached next to me as it is my greatest helper! By Salesforce we managed to build such relationships and managed to grow revenue and cannot think of other product. The activity management is such a professional way to maximise productivity. Clients also use Salesforce and it makes effective communication and collaboration with stakeholders, suppliers and customers.

Cons:

Some customer interactions may fail if they are not using the same version of the product. It constantly asks for updates to the latest version otherwise some features may not work properly. Customer service needs to action as soon as possible with any queries.

Umang
Great tool for managing sales and customer leads activities in US
Packaging & Containers, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great tool for managing sales activities and operations

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Wonderful experience and highly recommended

Pros:

- very good functionalities - central location for all the sales and account management activities

Cons:

- Lack of training and understanding with other team members

Grant
Regional Account Executive - Enterprise in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

CRM leader for a reason.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Best of breed and has everything you could need both as a CRM and a platform that can scale with you.

Cons:

It's the most expensive. The UI can come across as overwhelming in the early days and for the non IT savvy.

Himanshu
WFM Manager in India
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Recommended CRM Tool for the Call Center’s

5.0 last month New

Pros:

We migrated from Avaya to Salesforce and in starting it looked like we had taken wrong decision. But in a 3-4 days this tool is totally work friendly

Cons:

Not as such. But if you have heard about this tool. I would recommend that please see someone while using it.

Scott
Agent in US
Insurance Software, Self Employed

Love Salesforce

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall it does what I need it to do, but I do wish it would do some of my marketing

Pros:

I’ve closed so much business because of salesforce

Cons:

It is not easy to customize and support is hard to get ahold of

Brandon
Brandon
L and D Manager in US
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Salesforce Enables our team to do their best!

Pros:

From the front end, very easy to use this software. Our teams are able to continue to communicate with our customers easily!

Cons:

I am not as familiar with the behind the scenes work, but have heard our teams struggle with setting up some of the workflows.

Jacob
Jacob
IT Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

SFDC- The master for Sales

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It was built in cloud where we can use Marketing and sales CRM in same place

Cons:

The price is quite high than others in the market

Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Salesforce review

Comments: My overall experience with Salesforce is that initially it is difficult to learn how to use. The user's experience in learning how to implement and incorporate it is not pleasant. However, once you start playing around with it more and more, you get the hang of it and it does ease everyday tasks for members across all organizations within a company.

Pros:

What I like most about this product is that my team and company was looking for a product in order to ease the customization of widgets and components, automate tasks for users that were tedious and time-consuming, and streamline the process of customer's feedback to the customer support team to the implementation and design team. Salesforce was able to offer solutions in order to solve all those problems, all while allowing us to customize various apps and dashboards in order to meet our customers' and business needs.

Cons:

What I liked least about the software is the documentation and learning curve that came with incorporating and implementing using Salesforce. I was part of the team analyzing if Salesforce was right for my business, and documentation about customizing styling and allowing different users to have different roles within your corporate account were difficult things to find. After speaking with several people who work at Salesforce and swiping through pages and pages of online material, we were able to play around and find what works best for us. Definitely incorporate the learning curve into your business plan if you plan to use Salesforce.

Evita
Program Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Salesforce: A user-friendly CRM System

Comments: The non-profit organization that I work for, Interfaith Caregivers has been using Salesforce for a year. I'm so glad that we decided on this system because I have used it previously in other places of work. One of the reasons why we went with Salesforce was to manage a marketing/fundraiser campaign that we have every year. We were able to store our donor and board members and create a campaign just for them to use as a communication tool and to begin the fundraiser campaign for our annual gala. It was also very easy and much needed to track donor and fundraiser payments for the gala. We are able to store multiple templates which consist of donor thank you letters in the template field. This is a very helpful feature!

Pros:

Cons:

It is hard for me to dislike Salesforce. I appreciate the fact that we were able to get the nonprofit discount. Also we were able to use the 10 free licenses since we have 10 employees! I would say the only thing is that I look forward to seeing how Salesforce will continue to grow and evolve and offer other packages to improve the CRM experience. Currently I have not ran into any problems.

Evan
Donor Development Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce NPSP - Pricey, but will give you room to grow

Comments: Great! If possible, I recommend ensuring you have someone in-house with at least 3 years experience before deployment. We contract a Salesforce Developer who aids non-profits specifically to aid in back-end matters.

Pros:

I love that it has given our non-profit a space to grow into. Too often, non-profits find themselves barred by limits placed on the number of Contacts being retained. Most pricing is based around this figure which is tiresome when you are looking to gain momentum without having to have constant upgrades. Salesforce is massive and delivers in what it says it will do.

Cons:

It is challenging to learn. I would have appreciated options for non-profit teams to have discount pricing on trainings with use. This would have provided for shared trust in the CRM, rather than knowledge given to a few who then became internal advocates for the system.

Emily
Emily
Sales Operations Manager in US
Human Resources, 201–500 Employees

Forever a Love Hate Relationship as an SFDC Admin

Comments: If you are a brand new Salesforce customer, regardless of your company size, MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH AND HIRE A SOLID AND TRUSTWORTHY TEAM TO SETUP YOUR INSTANCE out-of-the-box and that THEY DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything they've done within SFDC. Also, PICK YOUR ADMINS, POWER-USERS, AND DEVELOPERS CAREFULLY AND MINDFULLY! Do NOT let inexperienced/basic users have admin rights.
SFDC is SOOOOOOOO easy to mess all the way up if you're not careful and will end up costing your company way more money and time to fix and typically, as I have seen personally too many times, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s will just blame the tool itself and fire their SFDC resources assuming it's their fault the platform doesn't meet needs and even just cancel the contract. Then they're left scrambling to meet even basic business needs while putting their large goals in an unattainable/unachievable position. Never trust a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to know anything about or be reliable sources for what is done in and with SFDC.

Pros:

I LOVE Lightning as a whole, and I personally believe it was Salesforce's best huge update/release since I first started using the platform in 2011. My favorite Lightning feature is Lightning App Builder for its non-code-based UI and its simplified yet vast customization capabilities. I also f*ing love AppExchange, Trailhead, and the seemingly endless list of available integrations.

Cons:

I'm sorry (but not sorry) to say, I HATE how very very little SFDC has improved their incumbent reporting and dashboard functionalities and UI. It's been one of the primary areas of SFDC, as an admin, I use the absolute most yet I always find myself having to resort to external reporting/data analysis tools (shout out to my Ride-or-Die, Excel!) to accomplish all of the data analysis and reporting needed in my role. Einstein Analytics (formerly Wave Analytics) is a godsend but costs a little too much ON TOP OF the already exorbitant price we pay just for base licenses.

Brett
Sales Associate in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

The Only Sales CRM You Will Ever Need

Comments: I would 100% recommend Salesforce to any sized company seeking growth based around goal-setting and team collaboration. Whether your employer has a team of 2 sales people or even 200, salesforce is the only sales tracking, data management CRM you will ever need as the accessibility and individual components that are offered to each individual user are an incredible value for what the true cost is to use Salesforce. Our overall sales have boosted an additional 20-30% as a result of switching over to Salesforce!

Pros:

Salesforce is not only extremely user friendly but very beneficial to all sales associates within a set group as the reminders, sales tracking database, task manager, and calendar features have become integral components of each salesman's daily routine here at our dealership. Where we work in such a fast paced environment that's constantly changing and evolving, it's crucial to keep everyone on our Sales team on the same page regarding where vehicles stand within the sales/finance/service process to ensure we maximize every potential deal and are able to turn units as quickly and efficiently as possible with cost effectiveness in mind.

Cons:

There are no cons to using Salesforce that I have encountered yet as the software has been incredibly useful so far in keeping my Sales team updated, punctual, converting more leads, and more invested in their work output but having daily reminder's set to to held each Salesman accountable for their daily tasks and follow ups.

Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce: 800 pound CRM Gorilla

Comments: With the popularity and pervasiveness of Salesforce, it probably deserves a spot on most people’s shortlists. Its longevity and interoperability with many other line-of-business systems make Salesforce a solid candidate. However, I can think of many instances where an organization would be better served by a niche product such as DealCloud or HubSpot.

Pros:

Salesforce is undoubtedly the 800-pound gorilla in the CRM realm. Investments into an ecosystem that is ubiquitous and ever expanding are usually calculated good bets. Salesforce itself offers many vertical and horizontal integrations, and there is no shortage of 3rd party products and service providers. Salesforce Trailhead, its online academy, offers extensive self-paced tutorials and courses at a very competitive price: FREE. So getting ramped up on Salesforce is relatively accessible.

Cons:

Out of the box, Salesforce is more of a framework than a complete solution. Some level of configuration is necessary for all but the simplest implementations. While a well-planned implementation may fit like gloves, a mediocre one will hinder usability and user adoption. On top of its above-average licensing costs, the total of ownership tends to be the higher end.

Amanda
Amanda
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

For sales it is an excellent CRM tool

Comments: I've found it to be quite useful for prospecting, and I imagine that eventually every salesperson will be seeking for a platform as user- and maintenance-friendly as this one. The biggest issue that salesforce has helped me with is keeping track of and documenting all of the potential clients that are interested in purchasing our goods.

Pros:

I enjoy how Salesforce Sales cloud shows me the status of every deal in progress. Potentially lucrative transactions can be monitored and sorted by me. I can enter work and then generate unique reports.

Cons:

It ended up costing our company a lot of money. that was the main cause for alarm. However, it had excellent functionality. Data entry can be a burden at times.

Mike
Mike
Owner in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201–500 Employees

Top-Shelf and Well-Worth the Price

Comments: I have had fantastic experiences with sf.com in several capacities including as sales manager and a front-line revenue producer (hunter). The software is very intuitive so tracking appointments, birthdays of clients, last conversations had (and all other last activities) can not only be saved but can be set up with a time stamp/alarm for follow-up. As a direct sales contributor, sf.com was the only tool I needed to be successful and is comprehensive in its ability to keep an eye on the business. All quotations can be done through the software and the metrics from each quote go into "the system" so that pipeline reports by sales person, group, region, or entire company can be seen and used as a management tool. Literally, I could go on and on about all the benefits of the software. If used properly any sales person should see increased revenue from adding this software as it is a time-safer and organizer.

Pros:

Packs a punch in features that can be turned on and turned off as needed when business trends and sales needs change. Worth the price as a stand-alone sales CRM and sales tool for a small business with just a handful of reps while at the same time being equally effective as a platform for a company with 1000+ sales people that want integration between multiple departments. Excellent security against both outside and inside threats and manipulation. User definition fields so numerous that it allows for unique user roles for every employee on the system if desired.

Cons:

Like most software tools, sf.com has a learning curve and there will be some in the company that are resistant to the change. If those people are not pushed and required to use the system completely it detracts from the overall benefit of the software. The software is more expensive than its competitors - many times significantly more expensive. Also the packages start at the price for 5 users so if you are a small business with yourself and two employees, you will pay for 5 users even though you may only need 2 or 3 users.

Lee
President in Canada
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

Fine for enterprise but if you're a small company then stay away

Comments: Pretty poor, as mentioned their customer service is the main reason we are leaving as they just flat out ignore your emails or cases you open until you tweet them. I get that this is more for large companies, but don't offer it to 8 users then if you're going to just ignore them and not support them. Thankfully our contract is done in 3 months and we are switching to Dynamics 365 as they do bill in CAD as we are done with paying a different amount every 6 months depending on the exchange rate.

Pros:

We have used Salesforce for years and when it used Classic we mostly liked how fast it was to use the system, create custom modules, add records etc. It helps us track our open opportunities, wins, funnel by rep and all your standard CRM functions you can get anywhere.

Cons:

When they switched to Lightning the performance took a nose dive and is crazy slow. Our main issue though is that we only have 8 users, which to Salesforce is of course small and therefore you get zero support. When we signed up we asked to pay in CAD but were told that's only for larger companies and that we have to pay in USD. They said credit card is fine, so for the first 2 years we paid with credit card no problem, and even got $300 in points every 6 months due to the high amount of the service as we have Enterprise edition. When we got our last invoice 4 months ago, I went to pay it and was unable to. I called in and was told Salesforce doesn't accept credit cards anymore, and to "simply" mail them a cheque. I said fine, but what is the total in CAD since I can't write a cheque in USD as we are in Canada. They said sorry that's not possible it has to be USD. So now any time I need to pay our bill I have to go to the bank, wait in line, do a bank draft, and pay a $30 bank fee to send them their wire transfer. When contacting their billing team or sales, no one ever replies even when I open a case. I literally have had to tweet them my case number every single time before they respond. We have had 5 different account managers in 3 years as they seem to have high turn over. When you email them they ignore you, but if you email them again and say you're looking at upgrading your plan or buying another user, they reply immediately of course.

Bruce
IT Admin in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Rapid Configuration and Updates

Comments: We were looking to update our CRM and wanted something cloud based and easy to reach for all users. It has been an excellent choice as we can make fast updates to our system without a lot of work or programming. People find it easy to use and onboarding new employees has been faster than before.

Pros:

Very easy to use and setup customizations. There are a lot of options to customize the system to your needs without having to write code. Going from test to live in super fast and easy. It is updated three times a year that bring a lot of new features that improve what we can do in the system, Salesforce becomes more powerful each time. The ad hoc reporting is incredible to have.

Cons:

The price is pretty high for some who are not going to use it all. There are a lot of extras that would need to get bought for you to get everything you want from the system. It might not be clear what is an extra. It lacks some functions that you might expect from a system like conditional fields cannot be highlighted.

Higher Education Software, 11–50 Employees

Flexible, extensible, and powerful. Salesforce is incredible.

Comments: Salesforce is terrific and only getting better. Adding to the existing strengths of incredible depth and flexibility, recent updates have streamlined some of the processes and made some high-use pages and interfaces easier to navigate quickly. It still takes a bit of work to learn how to effectively use the many, many tools available in Salesforce, but extensive documentation and free online training make it easier to do.

Pros:

Salesforce can do (almost) anything and integrate with (almost) any other platform. The platform is incredibly deep and extensible. If there’s a thing you’d like a cloud-based database to do, Salesforce can do it. It also integrates well with a huge range of other platforms.

Cons:

Sometimes, the depth makes the interface a slog to navigate, or makes it challenging to figure out how to implement the customization you’re looking for. For administrators and developers, the learning curve can be steep. It’s also not always immediately apparent what you can do from within Salesforce, and what requires an additional integration.

Daihrii
Freelance Service in India
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

The No.1 CRM tool for your successful business

Comments: Salesforce is appropriate for bigger associations that have a huge outreach group, or enormous client confronting unit. In the event that you require a lot of client touchpoints, your association can profit from the intricacies of programming like Salesforce. It deals with the multifaceted subtleties of clients to construct enduring connections and close arrangements. You can undoubtedly see the entirety of the action with customers if your group is working effectively contributing the information. It is less suitable for new businesses or solopreneurs since it tends to be tedious to deal with the entirety of the information input needed to give you great yield and make the instrument helpful and significant. Having a group and dealing with the information together is the thing that will have the effect of this apparatus helping or upsetting your prosperity. Support Rating: 8 A significant chunk of time must pass to get into contact with help if genuinely required and I frequently end up attempting to sort it out all alone rather than with online assets. On the off chance that they would knock up the degree of recordings and FAQs online to be more thorough, easy to use, or give nearby preparation whenever mentioned, it would be more valuable for my association.

Pros:

> Salesforce is so easy to use. The plan is so natural, next to no preparation is required before you're off running and receiving esteem in return. It's anything but an advanced Rolodex with all the data you should be fruitful. > The thorough detailing capacities make it simple to oversee groups and see where improvement can be carried out. Effectively perceive how every delegate is getting along creating drives, following up, and meeting objectives contrasted with the past. > Customization permits you to perceive what's essential to you, not what Salesforce believes is significant. Effectively oversee objectives, track progress, and oversee specialty units to see how your association is performing.

Cons:

> With more prominent adaptability to alter, Salesforce can get overpowering. Setting aside the effort to set it up to really meet your particular necessities can get baffling, yet whenever it's done you'll be happy you invested the energy.

Rich
Rich
CEO | DRUMMER in US

I have found the SalesForce Platform to be robust beyond all possibilities. No match.

Comments: Absolute enterprise situational awareness. We operate in a high-criticality, high-consequences, high-reliability industry; Critical Medical Aviation. We must be aware of a wide range of matters and be extremely well-synchronized in our efforts - aviation, safety, logistics, customer focus, innovation, marketing, communications, professional-development, succession planning - all these and more are managed across the Salesforce Platform. Our industry is responsible to provide individuals with the highest probability of a positive outcome when their survival is at high risk. The Salesforce platform is virtually on board each flight.

Pros:

Form many years we used another CRM - that was just that - a CRM. Salesforce has become a platform capable of infinite applications and integrations. It requires an investment in funds - and yes - time. But anything of high-yield does. Key - is securing a solid company for the customization Salesforce Corporate does a fine job connecting with the best. I frankly am shocked that in today's world many organizations are still operating without robust CRM and synchronous applications. I would suggest to those about to embark on this - GO WITH SALESFORCE - the leader and don't waste precious time going through all kinds of demos with others. Bottom-line - Salesforce is ahead and keeps ahead and will continue to do so. This greatly lessens your risks, Just make the move then make the commitment to optimize the core capabilities.

Cons:

It's an odd thing - but - what like least is; far too many capabilities. One can be overwhelmed and fixated on constantly wanting more. So - there's the good news - a company will probably never be able to keep up with the options available - it will never be limited - therefore Salesforce is aspirational and helps to drive growth. I believe the company will never stop keeping way ahead of what customers or prospects want. Just advise to master the basics and then progress.

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

"Salesforce Sales Cloud: the best sales management tool"

Comments: Salesforce Sales Cloud has helped us solve several problems in our business. Before using the platform, we had difficulty tracking leads and sales opportunities, as well as identifying growth opportunities in our existing customer base. Salesforce Sales Cloud has helped us solve these problems by providing a comprehensive, integrated sales management solution that allows us to easily track leads, opportunities, and customers.By using Salesforce Sales Cloud, we've also been able to improve our sales process by streamlining administrative tasks and allowing our sales team to focus on the most important tasks, such as prospecting and closing sales We've also seen improved communication and collaboration between different members of our sales team, thanks to the platform's information-sharing capabilities.Ultimately, Salesforce Sales Cloud has helped us improve our efficiency and profitability by optimizing our sales process and helping us identify new growth opportunities within our existing customer base. We've also gained real-time visibility into sales performance, which has allowed us to make informed decisions and adjust our strategy accordingly

Pros:

Intuitive and easy-to-use user interfaceWide range of sales management features, including contact management, opportunity management, lead management and sales forecastingCustomisation of the interface to suit the needs of the businessSeamless integration with other applications and services, including marketing automation toolsReal-time tracking of sales performance and targetsComprehensive customer relationship management (CRM) with integrated customer service and marketing capabilitiesAccess to quality customer support, with online training and documentation resources available

Cons:

High cost of the solution, which may not be affordable for small businesses or businesses with low budgetsNeed for customisation and configuration to meet business needs, which can be time-consuming and require technical skillsComplexity of the platform, which may require training and expertise for optimal useLimitations in customising reports and dashboardsSome advanced features are only available in the more expensive editions of Salesforce Sales Cloud.

Mark
Mark
Director of Operations & Data Management in US
Higher Education Software, 201–500 Employees

Best CRM in the market, without question. Learning curve to administer but well worth it

Comments: Automation of common tasks saved us time. Documenting conversations and tracking new data gave us the ability to work with the right person at the right time. 3rd party apps were easy to find and integrate into our business processes. Saved time by building drip campaigns during the recruiting process. Adding new fields meant we could be agile in implementing new ideas and pilot projects.

Pros:

Customizable - allows organizations to track anything and everything Automation - easy to build workflows to automate repetitive tasks Security - can control access to fields, records, or entire objects by user type. Access and security are vital and easily maintained and deployed Innovative - Salesforce is consistently voted one of the most innovative companies in the world. Quarterly releases are packed with new features to support users and administrators Community - the Salesforce community is incredible. Find answers from other users and administrators through Salesforce's gigantic communities. Equality - Salesforce is a champion for equality and equity for all. It is important that we are partnering with a company that views equality as a core value. Philanthropy - Salesforce has been committed to giving back since it was founded. Again, sharing the work with a partner that has strong values is an important business lever. Training - hours and hours of free training exist at the click of a button. ANYONE can learn to administer Salesforce by using Salesforce Trailhead, their online training module.

Cons:

Can be difficult to use and learn, particularly for administrators. Maintaining documentation is vital and is left to the organizational administrators without much advice from Salesforce. All the possibilities can be overwhelming for new users and administrators.