15 years helping Canadian businesses

Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

4.4 (18,378) Write a Review!

About Salesforce Sales Cloud

Bring together CRM apps for sales, service, marketing, commerce, AI, and more in one integrated solution.

Learn more about Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pros:

The dashboard is in every case exceptionally alluring and basic. The interface is delightful and generally has an excellent cost.

Cons:

There are countless strides to having a total record, so this is definitely not a languid program. In case you will utilize it, focus on utilizing it, in any case, nonsense in, nonsense out.

Salesforce Sales Cloud ratings

4.0
4.1
4.4
4.0

8.1/10

Salesforce Sales Cloud has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 18,378 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesforce Sales Cloud before?

Filter reviews (18,378)

Doug
Doug
Salesforce Administrator in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

It does it all

Comments: SF is the tool to have. It's already an amazing platform but continues to grow. SF continually invests in new products that enhance the features already available and continually rolls out updates with 3 major releases per year. Like any technology, it's consistently improving but they are already a leader and mainstay in this space.

Pros:

Most people believe SF to be a CRM and while that is true, it's much more than that. It's a platform that leverages the technology of the CRM and is so easily customized that it can manage your entire business. This is the next generation of technology for every business need.

Cons:

While the capabilities are nearly endless, not everything is offered out of the box. SF offers a lot of different products and has an extensive community of 3rd party app providers that allow for additional functionality that can be installed. Some of these products are free while others are paid beyond the initial licensing purchase through SF.

japhet
Creative Director in South Africa
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

This CRM is incredibly versatile

5.0 last month New

Comments: I regret not discovering its capabilities sooner, as we would have transitioned to it for onboarding much earlier. I wasn't aware that you could create custom objects that link to an account record and set up as many fields as needed.

Pros:

Our onboarding team relies on Salesforce for ushering in new customers. It helps us monitor communications, activities, and task completion statuses, while also facilitating the creation of reports and dashboards to visualize account progress during onboarding. Salesforce stands out as the top-notch choice for customization and trackability. We're able to configure fields and gather data as per specific workflows, and even automate tasks for smoother operations.

Cons:

Salesforce can be a bit sluggish and cumbersome on occasion. We had to undergo training from a Salesforce expert to implement the systems we required, indicating that it may not be the most user-friendly option out there. However, this complexity is often inherent in such a robust system.

stef
msr in US
Banking, 501–1,000 Employees

salesforce is not meant for banking

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

it is easy to read sometimes and the different colors are useful.

Cons:

it is not compatible with our software at times and it doesnt have all of the capabilities we need. any software updates cause MAJOR fails for customers. the system is too basic for real time updates and cant always mirror what the customers see online in their accounts. this software is for less involved purposes. i dont think it can keep up

Rafael
CPO, previous VP of Operations in Spain
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for different type and size of businesses

Comments: My overall experience was positive. You can always find solutions to your business needs even if you developed or if you need a third party tool from the App exchange. The integrations have a wide range of options and the development is not that expensive compared with other tools.

Pros:

The ability to set up the required processes and automations adapted to the size of your business, with a flexible platform that can grow with you in pricing and coming from the most simple set up to start to get a complexity of a mid size and enterprise business. Count with a massive amount of partners that helps in the set-up with multiple prices and the fact that you can get a team inhouse that can help to mantain and develop on Salesforce with some training.

Cons:

Maybe, the fact that the customer success sometimes do not responded on time to issues. The commercials are a bit aggressive when negotiating the renewals. The Salesforce ecosystem pricing push hard other tools that are better connected but the value for money is complex to be justified.

Sihloniphile Angel
Administrator in South Africa
Events Services, 10,000+ Employees

Salesforce Sales Cloud Slales Tracking Review

4.0 last week New

Comments: Salesforce Sales Cloud is a comprehensive sales tracking tool that has revolutionized the way sales teams operate and achieve their goals. As a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform, it offers a plethora of features designed to streamline sales processes, improve efficiency, and enhance overall productivity. key features such as, Lead and Opportunity Management, Sales Forecasting, Customizable Dashboards and Reports, Mobile Accessibility, Integration Capabilities, Automation and AI. Salesforce Sales Cloud is known for its user-friendly interface. While it offers a vast array of features, the platform is designed to be intuitive, ensuring that even those who are not tech-savvy can navigate it with ease. The learning curve is relatively short, thanks to the extensive training resources and support provided by Salesforce. Salesforce Sales Cloud is a powerful and versatile tool for sales tracking and management. Its comprehensive feature set, coupled with advanced analytics and AI, makes it an invaluable asset for sales teams aiming to increase efficiency and drive growth. While there are some drawbacks, such as cost and complexity, the benefits far outweigh these issues, making Sales Cloud a top choice for businesses looking to optimize their sales processes.

Pros:

Comprehensive lead and opportunity management Robust sales forecasting and analytics Customizable dashboards and reports Mobile accessibility for on-the-go sales tracking Seamless integration with other tools Advanced automation and AI features

Cons:

The platform can be expensive, especially for small businesses. Customization options, while powerful, can be overwhelming for new users. Some users report that the system can be slow at times, particularly with large datasets. The extensive feature set may require significant training for full utilization.

CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Salesforce- my preferred CRM system

Comments: Overall, Salesforce is a good, quality system that delivers strong with my CRM and sales pipeline needs to help grow the business, and maintain existing relationships with customers.

Pros:

Salesforce is good at several things, it actually has more functions that I use. My main likes are the CRM capabilities of it and helping with my sales pipeline.

Cons:

It has an excessive amount of features that I just don't use.

Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Incredibly Powerful Sales Tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I think our use of Salesforce was very positive. It took some time for the sales team to wrap their heads around how to best use the system but each time they had feedback of how they wish something was different it was easy to incorporate.

Pros:

Completely customizable and features all of the fields and capabilities we could possibly want for tracking our customers.

Cons:

Sometimes there are so many features and options it can be a bit overwhelming.

meenal
consultant in India
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

"streamlining sales: A comprehensive review of salesforce sales cloud"

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: For companies trying to increase growth and optimize their sales processes, salesforce cloud is a complete and effective solution. Sales teams can efficiently nurture leads and close deals with the help of its wide feature set, which provide robust tool for managing leads, opportunities, and clients relationships. The platform's scalability and customization option provide the flexibility to react to change company needs, while easy connectivity with others other salesforce product and third-party apps offers a cohesive ecosystem for increase productivity. All things considered salesforce sales cloud is the best option available looking to maximize their sales process.

Pros:

1) salesforce sales cloud improves productivity and efficiency by providing a broad range of tools and capabilities to manage every step of a sales process, from lead creation to deal close. 2) cloud's highly configurable platform enable companies to mold the system to fit their unique requirement and expand as their organization expand, guaranteeing, flexibility and adaptability throughout time. 3) smooth integration- it offers the single environment for sales team to collaborate and access all pertinent information and resources in one location by integrating smoothly with other salesforce products and third party application.

Cons:

1] the wide range of functionality and customization choices available in salesforce sales cloud can be intimidating to novice users. it takes lots of efforts and training to fully understand its potential and operate the platform effectively. 2] its pricing can be too high for startups and small companies, especially when it includes in extra charges for integration, customization, and continues support.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The "One Stop Shop" for All Things CRM and Sales Management

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Salesforce is a Goliath in their own right and a heavyweight within the CRM category. I've worked with other tools, such as Hubspot, but no one can perform true CRM like Salesforce does on a daily basis. I integrate Salesforce with Salesloft and that combo together makes tracking my 2,000+ customers an absolute breeze. All activities flow back and forth between the 2 tools so I can stay up to date on all activities being perform on the account. This makes managing the customer experience more mature and positively reflects on us in how we operate our business.

Cons:

While Salesforce Sales Cloud is as flexible as "flexible" comes, that can be a 2 edged sword. Our current Salesforce instance heavily leverages most capabilities that Salesforce offers, which makes it difficult to run reports when not all data objects can be accessible within one report. I end up having to run multiple reports and then consolidate the reports to drive the insights I'm looking for.

Allie
Allie
Solutions Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Salesforce Keeps People on The Same Page

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Salesforce is relatively easy to use and provides communication across different orgs. Salesforce allows me to stay up to date on a customer without having to contact someone every time I have a question. It's also nice to use for keeping notes.

Cons:

There's a million fields and sometimes can feel overwhelming. Reports are easier to build off of previous reports than create your own from scratch.

yash
Salesforce Admin/BA in US
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Best CRM

Comments: Best Experience so far with salesforce even with different salesforce cloud including sales, service and community cloud as well.

Pros:

I am a big fan of Salesforce and I am using it from last 5 years and I have worked in both classic and lightning so I would say its one of the best CRM for small as well as big organization.

Cons:

I am somewhat upset with Report and Dashboard in salesforce because they have some limitations and even there are some filters are there in which if we want to show visual graph than I can show only 2 or 3 columns only.

Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Salesforce review

Comments: My overall experience with Salesforce is that initially it is difficult to learn how to use. The user's experience in learning how to implement and incorporate it is not pleasant. However, once you start playing around with it more and more, you get the hang of it and it does ease everyday tasks for members across all organizations within a company.

Pros:

What I like most about this product is that my team and company was looking for a product in order to ease the customization of widgets and components, automate tasks for users that were tedious and time-consuming, and streamline the process of customer's feedback to the customer support team to the implementation and design team. Salesforce was able to offer solutions in order to solve all those problems, all while allowing us to customize various apps and dashboards in order to meet our customers' and business needs.

Cons:

What I liked least about the software is the documentation and learning curve that came with incorporating and implementing using Salesforce. I was part of the team analyzing if Salesforce was right for my business, and documentation about customizing styling and allowing different users to have different roles within your corporate account were difficult things to find. After speaking with several people who work at Salesforce and swiping through pages and pages of online material, we were able to play around and find what works best for us. Definitely incorporate the learning curve into your business plan if you plan to use Salesforce.

Huw
Huw
Account Manager in Ireland
Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees

Salesforce CRM Review - Daily user

Comments: My overall experience using Salesforce has been good. I've used the application for 19 months and I'd say it took at least 3 months to get familiar with the tool. I work for an organisation of +180k and the tool is used widely across the business, which is a testament to its reliability and scalability. For smaller organisations, there is likely to be less complexity involved, as there will be less integration required with other applications - which Salesforce does incredibly well. To summarise, I'd say to prospective adopters of Salesforce, expect to invest some time in training new users of the tool but its remarkable functionality and capabilities far outweigh this ramp-up period.

Pros:

-Highly customisable with deep and wide integration with my organisations SaaS or natively developed applications. -Allows you to produce very detailed reports to track my own activity and history. Which can also be used by management to track team progress and activity. -A customisable dashboard that allows frequently uses tabs to be populated to a "bookmarks bar" which allows for faster navigation. -Great search feature that allows for search across the entire CRM database.

Cons:

-Due to its high functionality and range of options it can be overbearing to use at times. -Requires internet connection which means there is occasional latency and is not accessible at all times. -Visually, it's not the most appealing tool that I've ever used. -Steep learning curve for those that have not used it before, but then that goes for most CRM tools.

Jared
Jared
Customer Success Manager in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

This CRM Can Do Anything

Comments: I wish I had known about it's capabilities a long time ago because we would've switched to it for onboarding much sooner. I didn't realize you could create custom objects that could tie to an account record and setup virtually as many fields as you needed.

Pros:

Our onboarding team uses Salesforce for onboarding new customers. It allows us to track communications, activities, mark task that have been completed and create reports and dashboards to show how accounts are progressing through the onboarding process. Salesforce is the best in class tool when it comes to customization and trackability. We can setup whatever fields we need and collect whatever data we need based on various workflows. You can also create automated tasks.

Cons:

Salesforce is a bit clunky and slow at times. We had to have training by a Salesforce expert to implement the systems we needed, so I wouldn't say it's very user-friendly (but that's expected when you have such a robust system).

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

May the SalesFORCE be with you!

Comments: Salesforce is a game-changer for our organization. We've reported out on items that previously we hadn't in years. There's very little manual effort now as we have so many triggers setup for automation.

Pros:

Without Salesforce our organization simply would not be able to function as quickly as we do now. We have so many automation processes and workflows setup that has saved us a lot of time. We use this platform across 15 departments in our organization, and it continues to grow. Everyone who sees the benefits of this great CRM... asks for User licenses... it's that good. We love the Contact Management, Lead-> Opportunity tracking and most importantly the Reports and Dashboards!

Cons:

Salesforce can be pricey especially as it grows within an organization, so that would be the one setup. However, they do offer a Non-Profit Starter pack that I'd recommend small non-profit organizations to look into.

Alain Jove
Alain Jove
Freelancer in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

The CRM worth buying

Comments: Overall, this app is something I'd definitely recommend as it has a very good system for organizing corporate activity, ease of use is very good, navigation wise it can be improved, load time is fast, and above all I haven't experienced any downtime when I was using this CRM.

Pros:

Salesforce is one awesome tool that is very useful and budget-wise that is already full of functionality to run daily tasks, organize tickets for support, reminders for important to do's whether needing immediate attention or non-urgent ones. It is also great with integrations for easier management such as with calendar apps. It has your sort functions, filters for categorizing, labeling, and disposition tagging for at a glance view. The one thing I observed about this CRM is it doesn't lag although a lot of users are already accessing the same interface, which means it has a stable platform and servers that can accommodate the bandwidth of multiple users. I can safely say that it allocates a significant storage to avoid the nuisance of pages loading slowly. Not only that, so far there are no reported issues of their database being breached or any intrusions which is very harmful for businesses and their trade secrets. It is vital since client data is the backbone of a business. I'm glad that they have established these safeguards well to make their product reliable and trustworthy.

Cons:

The only thing I noticed is it took a lot of clicks to get you to where you want to go in this CRM. For example, in opening a particular ticket, you'd have to open a preview page first before being able to open the ticket with the actual content itself. Although the site mapping was remedied internally to lessen the time of navigating from one page to another. So far that's the only downside I've encountered.

Christopher
Design Head in India
Design, 2–10 Employees

The Best Tool for Converting Leads to Long Term Clients

Comments: In terms of lead, contact, and opportunity management, Salesforce is the benchmark. It's fun to play and works with pretty about everything. Their mobile app still has some flaws, but the call-to-logged-activity feature is rather useful. Of course, you get out of something like this what you put into it, so it's only as good as your team's willingness to use it correctly and successfully. It's highly configurable - to the point of becoming unusable - so you can tweak it to your liking. It's difficult at first, especially for newcomers to handling this type of programme, but with daily management and training, you'll find Salesforce to be really beneficial not only for the business, but also for the personal skill set that I've developed through the years of using it.

Pros:

This will keep track of anything you put into it with precision. Do you require a new field? Make it, track it, include it into reports, whatever you want to do with it. Whatever you require, such as logged calls, activities, contracts, and documents, is readily constructed in and can interface with nearly everything in a plain form, including custom fields. Its widespread use aids not only integration but also sales team and senior leadership comprehension. Nearly everyone is familiar with Salesforce, including what it is and what it does, as well as how to interpret many of its reports. It's simple to obtain buy-in, put together a team to manage it, and get sales and operations teams to understand and implement it. -Integration is comprehensive and deep. - Enables you to make incredibly detailed reports in order to keep track of activity and history. It can be used by management to keep track of team progress and activities. - A custom dashboard that enables for the loading of frequently used tabs into a "bookmarks bar" for faster navigation. - A superb search feature that allows you to search the entire CRM database. -It can be integrated with mail domains to provide real-time updates to emails. -Customer service is aided by ticketing approach.

Cons:

Except for the initial setup time required to effectively manage the system in place and set up the right job management for each corresponding area, there may be little to hate about this software.

Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce: 800 pound CRM Gorilla

Comments: With the popularity and pervasiveness of Salesforce, it probably deserves a spot on most people’s shortlists. Its longevity and interoperability with many other line-of-business systems make Salesforce a solid candidate. However, I can think of many instances where an organization would be better served by a niche product such as DealCloud or HubSpot.

Pros:

Salesforce is undoubtedly the 800-pound gorilla in the CRM realm. Investments into an ecosystem that is ubiquitous and ever expanding are usually calculated good bets. Salesforce itself offers many vertical and horizontal integrations, and there is no shortage of 3rd party products and service providers. Salesforce Trailhead, its online academy, offers extensive self-paced tutorials and courses at a very competitive price: FREE. So getting ramped up on Salesforce is relatively accessible.

Cons:

Out of the box, Salesforce is more of a framework than a complete solution. Some level of configuration is necessary for all but the simplest implementations. While a well-planned implementation may fit like gloves, a mediocre one will hinder usability and user adoption. On top of its above-average licensing costs, the total of ownership tends to be the higher end.

Dennis
Dennis
Recruitment Specialist in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

CRM? Client Database? Candidate Tracking System? Well, Salesforce is the man!

Comments: Salesforce is a great tool in managing clienteles and candidates. It is great in terms of managing client and candidate relationship and gives the ambiance that they are talking to a real person without sacrificing too much time. You can also open it everywhere - on app, laptop or computer because all you need to do is to download the mobile version and you can access it using any browser.

Pros:

Salesforce powers both our business development, sales, and recruiting efforts in our company. Salesforce makes it easy for us to know what is the last stage of a candidate, what are the next steps he needs to take in his candidacy for a single position, and also if he has already been talking to someone else in our company. Salesforce also makes it possible for us to know what was the last message we sent out to a single candidate or client. It is also great in terms of establishing relationship because we can customize HTML emails as if we are sending a tailor-fitted email to a single person even-though it is just an email blast. It is great as well in terms of driving sales and business development effort. We can keep track of the cadence of each possible client, and we can also indicate if they are set for a phone meeting or in-person meeting with our higher ops. The chatter is also great, and from time to time Salesforce gives us a snapshot of what we have done and what we are doing.

Cons:

I really don't have a lot of bad experience with regards to us using Salesforce. Maybe one thing they can improve on is how their technical support works. Sometimes they are not that helpful, and they are not that trained enough in resolving each person's concern.

Financial Services Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Salesforce is your one-stop shop for all your sales and marketing needs

Comments: It is a cloud-based CRM solution One of the greatest CRM systems available today is Salesforce CRM, and it truly is the best. An application designed to help with service management, marketing, or sales. Everything we do revolves around that. Previously, we've used various applications to provide our customers and accounts with a complete picture. Because of this, the manner we conduct business with our customers has changed. We can easily track and send out orders to our consumers because it's so simple! My favorite feature is how simple it is to use and how many devices it can connect to at once. It is used by many people to obtain training and education from several sources. It records everything that happens around it.

Pros:

Salesforce CRM is one of the top customer management systems in the world right now. Because it reduces the amount of labor our employees must complete, this platform ultimately benefits our company's efficiency. This platform appeals to me due to its ease of use and appealing user interface. To make it even easier to use, personalizing this platform is a crucial part of the process. The slick dashboard displays the data in the most effective way possible for each section. With a few mouse clicks, even I can rapidly create my dashboard. We can maintain track of the company's growth and sales with the help of attractive and eye-catching reports. Changes may be made quickly and easily, and integration and deployment can be completed in a flash as well. I had no issues incorporating "DocuSign eSignature" and "Skype for Business" into my job. This platform is comfortable for me at work, and I use it every day.

Cons:

- If Salesforce isn't used effectively, it can hurt a company's growth and development. This isn't a usability issue, but I believe that Salesforce should consult with all its customers about the unique units they require and make the system more extensible as the company expands. - More thought and planning are needed to make announcing more natural, as well as to value the equipment. If the dashboards were simpler to read, the interface would be more intuitive. Additional features, such as the ability to alter reports, would be welcome. The customer who made the record may no longer be with us. You can't make modifications to a record if the record owner is changed by an administrator.

Kevin
Kevin
Sr. Account Executive in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce is the premier CRM in the market, and this platform offers the most ROI.

Comments: This helps my and my team realize more ROI by helping automate and report on what is necessary for us to keep recorded in CRM. The laborious tasks that team members hate dealing with can be taken care of by the Salesforce platform itself, causing less friction with management and 100% accurate reporting in CRM. Salesforce helps me keep track of my progress as an employee and offers transparency as to what I can do to improve my processes and learn to succeed to higher degrees and frequencies.

Pros:

I like all of the automation and customization available with Salesforce. It is great having access to a tool that is capable of taking so much of the human decision out of the equation so that the team members can focus on their responsibilities and allow Salesforce to do the heavy lifting. If can be tiresome to try to always remember what needs to be logged/updated when and where, and Salesforce makes reporting compliance easy for any team of any size. Customizing it offers great value as well, as there are numerous departments in every company, and we all would like to use Salesforce differently. I get to have layouts and processes that match my team, while not being bothered with those of other departments.

Cons:

What I like least is that Salesforce has sub-par support. There is a lot of complexity to their platform, and because of that, a lot of questions arise. The team at Salesforce, even if you pay for premier support, is not all that responsive or helpful. There is a lot that they themselves don't necessarily know and maybe have to track down the appropriate internal resources to get the answers. Another thing is that Salesforce seems to neglect very important features requests from Salesforce Ideas posts. Clients are offering their feedback and suggestions firsthand, but certain requests that would benefit every company (such as being able to sort reports by more than just a single field) get left in the dust for UI updates to try to wow or entice new clients. Salesforce definitely has a direction of its own, and although they do build new and helpful aspects to the tech, you are on their wagon wherever they choose to pull it.

Shane
accounts in Sri Lanka
Accounting Software, 10,000+ Employees

"Boosting Sales and Efficiency with Salesforce Sales Cloud: A Comprehensive Review"

Comments: Salesforce Sales Cloud is a popular customer relationship management (CRM) software that helps businesses manage their sales processes, streamline their operations, and improve their customer relationships. Overall, the experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud can be positive, with many users reporting increased productivity, better customer insights, and higher sales revenue.One of the key benefits of Salesforce Sales Cloud is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for sales reps and managers to access and manage customer data, track sales activities, and collaborate with team members. The software also provides valuable insights into customer behavior, allowing businesses to target their marketing efforts and personalize their interactions with customers.Salesforce Sales Cloud also offers extensive customization options, allowing businesses to tailor the software to their unique needs and workflows. The software can be integrated with other business tools, such as marketing automation software and customer support software, further enhancing its functionality.While there are some downsides to using Salesforce Sales Cloud, such as its price and the complexity of learning the software, the benefits generally outweigh the drawbacks. Overall, Salesforce Sales Cloud is a comprehensive CRM solution that can help businesses improve their sales processes, boost their efficiency, and drive growth.

Pros:

Salesforce Sales Cloud is a popular customer relationship management (CRM) software used by businesses worldwide. Here are some of the most liked things about Salesforce Sales Cloud:User-friendly interface: The software has a clean and intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and find what they need quickly.Customizable dashboards: Salesforce Sales Cloud allows users to create customized dashboards that display the information they need, making it easy to monitor their sales performance and identify areas for improvement.Automated workflows: The software automates many routine tasks, such as lead routing and follow-up emails, freeing up sales reps' time to focus on more high-value activities.Mobile app: Salesforce Sales Cloud has a mobile app that enables users to access their CRM data from anywhere, at any time, and stay connected with their team.Third-party integrations: Salesforce Sales Cloud integrates seamlessly with many other business tools, such as marketing automation software, email clients, and social media platforms.Customer support: Salesforce offers excellent customer support and provides extensive documentation, tutorials, and training resources to help users get the most out of the software.Overall, Salesforce Sales Cloud is a comprehensive and user-friendly CRM solution that can help businesses streamline their sales processes, boost their efficiency, and drive growth.

Cons:

While Salesforce Sales Cloud is a widely used and highly rated CRM software, there are some aspects that users may find frustrating or dislike. Here are some of the most commonly reported complaints:Steep learning curve: The software can be complex and challenging to learn, particularly for users who are new to CRM or have limited technical expertise.Price: Salesforce Sales Cloud can be expensive, particularly for small businesses or startups. Some users also feel that they are paying for features they don't need or use.Customization limitations: While the software is highly customizable, some users feel that there are still limitations to what they can do. Customizations may require a developer or technical expertise, which can add to the cost.Cluttered interface: Some users find the interface to be cluttered, with too many options and menus that can make it challenging to find what they need quickly.Technical issues: Like any software, Salesforce Sales Cloud can experience technical issues or downtime, which can be frustrating for users who rely on it for their business operations.Overall, while these issues may be a concern for some users, they are not necessarily deal-breakers, and many businesses continue to use Salesforce Sales Cloud as their primary CRM software.

Joannie
Financial Analyst in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

It's the most popular CRM for a reason!

Comments: Overall after five years of usage we are very satisfied with Salesforce. We were able to automate most business processes; our employees can now focus on their job, not on data entry. Our database is robust, fully integrated, and used by most departments, from marketing to customer success to finance. Problems are quickly fixed and easy to report, support is knowledgeable, and the community is awesome.

Pros:

Salesforce is the #1 CRM for a reason: it's robust, highly customizable, integrates with a million other software and apps, and there's just about a product for every customer's use case. In the five years we've used it, we've gone from a very basic, low-users (sales only) plan to an Enterprise plan used by every but one of our company's departments. It's absolutely core to our business.One of the things I appreciate the most is how customizable it is. The custom field limits on every object are very high. The Flow feature allows for extremely powerful automation, without any code. (I'm an accountant by trade and I managed to program everything with just a bit of help from a consultant and Salesforce support.) Salesforce regularly offers webinars, ask an expert sessions, and the help database is huge - both Salesforce's and blogs outside of it. If I can't find an answer to something, the Trailblazer community will usually provide it within a couple of days. The self-training platform is constantly updated and the modules are highly valuable, especially when you start out. There's always a ton of new features deployed with every update (three times a year!). Finally, the AppExchange market is massive, with apps ranging from free to pricey that you can download and try out. We use a few apps developed by third parties that fix an annoyance we had with the system and work very well.

Cons:

As with all software-as-a-service models, Salesforce can become pricey, fast. Every time you want to add a new add-on, price is calculated per user. Some of them allow for a limited number of licenses so you don't have to buy one for every user; other modules force you to pay for all users, no matter if they'll use it or not. Even for some third party add-ons, you have to purchase both a subscription to whatever software you want to use, plus pay a fee to integrate with Salesforce. They become more flexible with pricing at the end of their fiscal year, but they're quite rigid otherwise, and forget about ever diminishing your number of user licenses!

Mark
Mark
Director of Operations & Data Management in US
Higher Education Software, 201–500 Employees

Best CRM in the market, without question. Learning curve to administer but well worth it

Comments: Automation of common tasks saved us time. Documenting conversations and tracking new data gave us the ability to work with the right person at the right time. 3rd party apps were easy to find and integrate into our business processes. Saved time by building drip campaigns during the recruiting process. Adding new fields meant we could be agile in implementing new ideas and pilot projects.

Pros:

Customizable - allows organizations to track anything and everything Automation - easy to build workflows to automate repetitive tasks Security - can control access to fields, records, or entire objects by user type. Access and security are vital and easily maintained and deployed Innovative - Salesforce is consistently voted one of the most innovative companies in the world. Quarterly releases are packed with new features to support users and administrators Community - the Salesforce community is incredible. Find answers from other users and administrators through Salesforce's gigantic communities. Equality - Salesforce is a champion for equality and equity for all. It is important that we are partnering with a company that views equality as a core value. Philanthropy - Salesforce has been committed to giving back since it was founded. Again, sharing the work with a partner that has strong values is an important business lever. Training - hours and hours of free training exist at the click of a button. ANYONE can learn to administer Salesforce by using Salesforce Trailhead, their online training module.

Cons:

Can be difficult to use and learn, particularly for administrators. Maintaining documentation is vital and is left to the organizational administrators without much advice from Salesforce. All the possibilities can be overwhelming for new users and administrators.

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Robust Customization Meets Steep Learning Curve

Comments: Salesforce Sales Cloud has proven to be a robust and comprehensive platform, offering a wide array of customization options that cater to varying business needs. The ability to tailor the platform, coupled with a rich set of features, significantly enhances relationship management with clients, prospects, and partners. However, the steep learning curve and complexity of the platform can pose challenges, especially for smaller companies or those with limited technical resources. The pricing, being on the higher side, might deter smaller organizations, although the value delivered could justify the investment for larger enterprises. Despite minor technical issues, the platform's industry leadership and extensive learning resources like Trailhead provide a supportive environment for users to grow and maximize their utilization of the platform.

Pros:

Salesforce Sales Cloud is highly praised for its robust customization and configuration capabilities, allowing users to tailor the platform to meet their specific operational needs, which is invaluable for managing various relationships including those with prospects, clients, and partners. Another strong suit is the provision of learning resources through Trailhead, a free learning platform that facilitates user acceptance and empowers users to maximize the benefits of the platform. Users commend its comprehensive management features that serve as a robust backbone for organizations, enabling seamless management of marketing leads and other crucial business operations at scale. Being recognized as a leader in the CRM space, Salesforce Sales Cloud's reliability and extensive feature set are seen as essential for business success, reflecting a high level of satisfaction among its user base on Capterra.

Cons:

Salesforce Sales Cloud, despite its extensive capabilities, presents a steep learning curve, particularly for new users, necessitating time and training for proficient usage​​. The platform's complexity, while beneficial for customization, can be overwhelming especially for small companies, posing a challenge for those with limited technical expertise​​. Additionally, the cost factor is a notable concern among users, as the pricing might be substantial, potentially forming a barrier for smaller organizations or those with tighter budgets​​​​. Moreover, some users have pointed out minor technical issues, like the challenge of sorting line items in a quote, indicating room for improvement in certain functional aspects​​.