CAP Retail Point of Sale Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.8 /5

About CAP Retail Point of Sale

CAP Retail by POS Nation supports retailers with a turnkey solution including software, hardware, support, and payment processing.

Learn more about CAP Retail Point of Sale

Kyle L.
General Supervisor
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-01

"CAPS"

Comments: Being familiar with the CAPS system from our sister property made this incorporation very easy.

Pros: We were operating on a tight turn around but, Ian was able to access existing data and effectively migrate to our CAPS System. Looking forward to utilizing the 24/7 support line as we get into the nuts and bolts.

Cons: Not that far along yet but, will certainly let y'all know.

by POS Nation on 2020-11-03

Kyle,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far and that Ian was able to access existing data and effectively migrate it for you! Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 2020-11-01
Sean G.
Program Director

"POS Nation Review"

Comments: I have enjoyed using POS Nation. With each fix or call to the tech team, I learn the system more and more. The POS Nation employees have been wonderful, and the hardware has held up well for the time we have had it.

Pros: I enjoyed the setup process. The instructor was great to work with, and very informative. The features within the system fit just about any scenario we run into. The ease of learning the system was also a relief.

Cons: I will occasionally run into issues finding the correct reports to run for specific information. Also, I have experienced "speed" issues with the system taking many seconds to finish transactions and open the drawer. However, both of these issues are resolved fairly quickly after calling customer support.

by POS Nation on 2020-01-17

We're happy you're enjoying your system, Sean! Thanks for the review.

Karen W.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-23

"My first POS"

Comments: For the most part, the service has been good. I accidentally ended up talking to someone on the east coast when I first began investigating the possibility of making this POS purchase, which is a challenge when I am trying to talk to someone on the west coast where I'm located. Anything that I need must be shipped from across the country instead of up the coast. But the people are friendly and helpful. Even if they insist I watch the videos in order to learn more about the operation of the system. That would be much easier if I actually had speakers on my machine or a place to hook them up, but I do not. Watching the videos on my home computer do not help, as I cannot practice what I just learned. Would I buy this again, knowing what I know now? Probably, although I think I'd do a little more research and ask a lot more questions first.

Pros: I purchased this POS machine and software in order to streamline our monthly sales and inventory. For the most part, it has met those needs satisfactorily. I like that I can look up sales info for specific days and track inventory during both the busy season and the shoulder season. Being able to spot trends is paramount to achieving success in any business, and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to use this software. Tracking expenses and profit/loss is also something I'm looking forward to doing with ease once I figure it out. Also, having an machine that links up to our online store and keeps inventory current is a major plus.

Cons: Oooh, this is gonna be a long list.
It is not exactly user friendly or intuitive. Entering inventory is a pain in the neck. You must go through two separate screens in order to complete all the information on each item! I would much rather have a long list of things to complete on one screen than have to close out Style Matrix, go into Inventory Maintenance, find the item, fill in the missing details (part number, description for the price tags, web description, etc.) then print out the price tags (which is on yet another screen!)
Also, there have been updates to the software that make some interesting changes, including having items go missing from the database and when I'm trying to ring up a customer and the machine insists that the item is NOT in inventory and would I like to add it now (even though I JUST scanned a barcode printed out by my machine) is super frustrating. Sometimes I just need to scan it for a third time before it recognizes the code and the purchase can continue. Also, the TS lookup is a hassle, as there is no way to tell if you're choosing the correct color or size in a style matrix situation. Also, when you get your online store together, the categories and departments are the opposite of what they are in the POS, which is horribly confusing, and you cannot easily change categories or departments. Don't even think about deleting one of them, because that is one button click from disaster. It gets ugly.

by POS Nation on 2019-09-12

We appreciate the feedback, Karen!

• Reviewed on 2019-03-23
Bob T.
Software Support
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-21

"CAP POS Software"

Comments: Our largest benefit was the integrated Pennsylvania plcb report. We found that most of customers a re small business operators and they were not looking for a $25,000 software package. It is a reliable product that fit our customers needs.

Pros: It's pretty easy to set up and then train our customers to use it. CAP tailored the product to accommodate our PA beer distributors by creating an integrated PA PLCB Beverage report. CAP support has been very helpful. CAP has most of the features that 99% of our customers actually use/need. The price point is good.

Cons: There are not any substantial cons with CAP that we have encountered.

by POS Nation on 2020-12-29

Bob,

We are happy to hear that our POS System is easy to set up and train your customers on how to use it! We are also happy to hear that the integrated PA PLCB Beverage report has been very accommodating and crucial for your business. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review that makes us proud! We are glad to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-21
Joseph l D.
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-15

"Best POS for Retail/Tavern Liquor Business"

Pros: Great product. Easy installation and start up. Only POS to provide solution for hybrid business. We are a restaurant/Tavern/retail wine shop that uses the robust tag/label system as well as inside dining/bar business. Service from CAP has been great. Very responsive and good follow up.

Cons: Only Con we experienced was the interface to Quickbooks at startup. Our distributor didn’t provide instruction prior to install. We had Quickbooks operational prior to CAP which required a rebuild of Quickbooks after the fact. CAP customer support went above and beyond to help us.

by POS Nation on 2020-12-22

Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our company and our customer support. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-15
Cynthia D.
VP / CoOwner
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-12

"POS Nation tops the list"

Comments: POS Nation offers great service. From the Rep in sales to the tech guys. They have always been polite, and quick with service. My only real complaint is that when I have an urgent call because a customer is waiting, I can never get through to someone right away. It can take some time for someone to get back with me. But when they do, it is usually handled.

Pros: I like POS Nation. The Cash Register Express software is pretty good but it needs more flexibility. Need easier flexibility to run comparison reports for year to year comparisons, comparing products, etc.

Cons: Cash Register Express needs more flexibility with all reports. Also we are a small business. Should have the ability to turn off requirements to enter passwords to do end of day and do backups.

Payal B.
Managing member
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-19

"CAP Software is good."

Comments: Overall, great product.

Pros: Cap software easy to manage and operate.

Cons: Support during weekdays and during weekend ( Saturday) has lots of challenges. It’s hard to reach the support time.

by POS Nation on 2020-10-22

Hello Payal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your honest review! We are very happy to hear that you like the CAP software! We also appreciate your honest feedback on our technical support, which we will use to continue improving our processes. If you have any questions for us, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2020-10-19
Jennifer S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-11

"owner"

Comments: Really enjoy all the technical support team really listen to my needs and problem solve for my business. Make great suggestions for my operating system. I like that all my needs are in one shop.

Pros: Step by step walks you through.easy to enter product. Easy to review stock of inventory.
Manage Report from year to year. Clock in clock out.
Accounting purposes, great best sellers. Times of day busy

Cons: The return process. Not able to print reports of items when you enter them.

by POS Nation on 2019-09-12

Thanks for the review, Jennifer!

• Reviewed on 2019-04-11
Genevieve B.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-12

"CAPS Team"

Comments: Tremendously satisfied

Pros: Easy user friendly Compared to other POS systems I’ve used this one is right on point

Cons: Can’t think of anything. No complaints on anything.

by POS Nation on 2020-12-18

Genevieve,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 2020-12-12
Rony D.
Tobacco, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-08

"Great product"

Pros: Ease of use and what i wanted out of it! The customer service is the best part great people who know what there doing and i get my problems resovled all the time!

Cons: Cant send out mass emails! Nothing to be a deal breaker!

Rony,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our POS System and also our customer service. We pride ourselves on delivering such service that our customers can brag about. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-08
Anita H.
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-11

"Technical Support"

Comments: It’s been very great!

Pros: I love the technical support. I always get the help I need. Very professional and friendly. I’ve never felt like I couldn’t accomplish the tasks after support I’ve been given.

Cons: Some issues on reporting but we are working through.

Anita,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company and specifically our technical support team.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-11
Luis C.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-16

"EXCELLENT POS SYSTEM."

Comments: AFTER TWO WEEKS OF RESEARCH AND ASKING OTHER STORES, WE DECIDED FOR THE MOST COMPLETE, EASIEST TO USE FULL POS SYSTEM. TRAINING IS INCREDIBLE AND AVAILABLE 24/7. WE COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER SYSTEM.

Pros: EASY TO USE. FULL CUSTOMER SUPPORT. GREAT SYSTEM.

Cons: THE SOFTWARE COULD BE MORE FLEXIBLE ON DELETING THING THAT WE DO NOT USE.

by POS Nation on 2020-10-20

Luis,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and our customer service. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and the time you took to write this review.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-16
Michael D.
Natural Resource and Grants Director
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-21

"BVR POS review 2019"

Comments: Great

Pros: Ease of use, simple and the cost of the product

Cons: The third party who handles contracts needs a lot of help when situations dealing with Tribal governments.

by POS Nation on 2020-01-17

Thank you for the review, Michael! Your feedback is valued.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-21
Carol D.
Small business owner
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-27

"Wonderful Step By Step Guidance"

Pros: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , our delightful Customer Success Manager, has been by our side since day one helping us get our new POS system up and running. We have found the software rather intuitive and easy to use so far.

Cons: Right now I am having a difficult time getting data I need from the Reports. This may be due to my inexperience with the new system.

by POS Nation on 2020-10-30

Carol,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with your Customer Success Manager, and that he represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon! Please reach out to us if you would like additional training in regards to the reports at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2020-10-27
Justin S.
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-10

"Amazing Product!!"

Comments: This system and the staff have been extremely beneficial to our business, here in Canada. They helped through the purchasing, setting up, and operation of the system without rushing me and only stopping after I was satisfied. Before POS Nation, we were using an old analog cash register that only had new items and used items as categories (the only new items we carry are mattresses), leaving no information as to what we sell in what quantities or values. Now, we can see how many of what we sell and when. This is very important to us and will be a very good aid for as to what donations we will be seeking more or less of.

Pros: The system's best feature is its customizability. Being a used furniture store that also deals with antiques, appliances, collectibles, tools, and pretty much everything except for clothing, we needed a system that we could adjust on the go since our inventory is always changing. We've been using this system for about 3 months now and even today, I'm still making adjustments multiple times a week. My volunteers caught on to its use very quickly, even considering the changes that I keep making to it.

Cons: The two things that I don't like is the inability to remove payment options buttons, such as EBT or Gift Card, as we don't use those methods and I would like to have a 3rd column of TS Lookup. The first on the left brings up the three on the right. I wish it could do sub-categories. For example, if we sell a mattress I'd like another row to pop up and ask if it's new or used and the third to then ask which size, material, etc.

by POS Nation on 2020-02-23

We appreciate your feedback, Justin. Thanks for being a POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 2020-02-10
Carly H.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-15

"By Far Best Customer Support"

Comments: I did months & months of research on many (20+) different POS systems before deciding to finally make the switch to POS Nation (CRE). We have used 4 other systems in the past 37 years and I can already tell you POS Nation FAR exceeds any customer service and technical support we have ever received. It was a rocky transition (as expected) but support team and many others at POS Nation were extremely patient & supportive throughout the entire transition. If you are in need of a new POS system, I highly recommend considering POS Nation.

Pros: Customer & technical support have been top notch. We are a business that has used about 8 different POS companies over the last 37 years & have worked with numerous "support" staff from each company. Although we anticipated a rough transition period (as it turned out to be), the staff at POS Nation was there every step of the way. Specifically, customer support were all extremely patient & supportive throughout the month+ long transition.

Cons: A lot of the reports that are available are completely useless, whereas some reports that you would think are completely necessary for a POS system are not available... the most difficulty we have with the lack of reports involves Customer reports. One other CON to CRE is the Quickbooks Sales Pass. It is not as seamless as one would think when you are told it is "fully integrated with Quickbooks."

Shiv M.
DIRECTOR
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-05

"[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] WORKED WITH ME TODAY"

Pros: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] TOOK HIS TIME AND ADDRESSED ALL ISSUES I HAD ON MY 4 STATIONS. LUCKILY HE WAS ABLE TO CORRECT ISSUES THAT WAS CAUSING MY SYSTEMS TO CRASH. HE WAS VERY PLEASANT AND TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME. HE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND IF NEED BE I WOULD LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH HIM AGAIN...OTHER REPS SHOULD FOLLOW PATTERN..THANKS

Cons: SOMETIMES IT CRASHES....SOME AGENTS LEAVE ME WITH A BACKUP FROM 2017 WHICH IS CONSIDERED CRAZY BECAUSE WE ARE IN 2020...

by POS Nation on 2020-11-06

Shiv,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! Also, if the POS System does crash again, please be sure to either call our technical support team or email us at [email protected] so that we can get this addressed as soon as possible. Thank you and we greatly appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-05
Kevin H.
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-26

"POS Nation/Cash Register Express"

Comments: POS Nation and Agents have been amazing to the best of their ability.

Pros: Ease of ability to upload previous POS data into it.
Ease of daily use.

Cons: What i would consider to be simple items to fix often cannot be fixed.
Time Clock is not supported for QuickBooks upload.

by POS Nation on 2020-10-27

Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with our team, and that we have represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon!

• Reviewed on 2020-10-26
Jane S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-13

"Great Software and Even Better Company"

Comments: Excellent. The team is very easy to work with and actually cares about our business.

Pros: The software is incredibly easy to use. Our Customer Success Manager helped us with onboarding and training, and we were up and running in a matter of days. The software helps us track inventory and issue purchase orders to our vendors. Overall, it's helped us tremendously with running our business.

Cons: Nothing really. If I had to say anything, some of the buttons are a little small.

by POS Nation on 2020-11-19

Jane,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our software and someone within our Customer Success team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

• Reviewed on 2020-11-13
Daniel M.
OMSI Director of IT
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-06

"Simple POS system"

Pros: It does a lot for the money. It has been easy for our store clerks to learn and use. They provide good support for a great reasonable monthly price.

Cons: Don't really have anything for what i least like.

Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and our technical support. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We are also happy to hear that it has been easy for your store clerks to learn and use! We greatly appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-06
Jay H.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-16

"Great product thus far, Excellent customer service"

Comments: Wonderful customer service and support, good value for the money.

Pros: Easy to use software, durable design, only had 2 issues with it in the first full year of use, both were resolved by restarting the system which only took 5 minutes.

Cons: I wish the screen would include an Anti-glare feature as it is used in our Garden center and is always exposed to sun.

by POS Nation on 2020-01-17

We're glad you're enjoying your system, Jay! Thanks for the review.

Eric H.
Editor/Publisher
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-08

"POS Nation Ain't No POS"

Comments: We used POS Nation to sell several issues of the magazine from different locations. Paired well with our laptops and made selling very convenient.

Pros: POS nation is a truly complete point of sale system that is super intuitive. A benefit for beginning users to learn the ropes for retail/customer service cash handling.

Cons: After the initial trial period it's rather expensive; costing over $60 a month. With free programs available, that provide the basics, it makes POS Nation a luxury program instead of a necessity.

by POS Nation on 2020-07-15

Hi Eric,
We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your point of sale solution, and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a valued POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 2020-07-08
Emily W.
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-11

"Easy setup and great support"

Pros: Easy to use software and very helpful staff

Cons: Reporting could be customized further to include or remove information needed or unneeded

by POS Nation on 2020-03-12

Thank you for the review, Emily! We appreciate having you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-11
Tony M.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-15

"Great System for a Liquor Store!!"

Comments: As mentioned above, getting the Iowa bottle deposit figured out was great. The Tech Support was great to work with. The POS system has a lot of great features that will be helpful in the future. I would recommend this system to any large or small retail business.

Pros: Has everything for my needs as a small Wholesale/Retail liquor store. It has a lot more than I need now but it will come in handy later.

Cons: Tech Support was great in helping figure out a way to get the Iowa bottle deposit configured as a tag along item. Works very good.

Ron B.
IT Administrator
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

"10 of 10"

Comments: Their software and CS is excellent. No problems!

Pros: Everything (really!) I can't think of anything that is not in their software.

Cons: I believe you have to use their PC hardware.