15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Basecamp

Basecamp is a team collaboration system designed to be straightforward, easy for teams to adopt, and perfect for team managers.

Learn more about Basecamp

Pros:

I like that you can give access to each project to whomever you please and those people can see their own to-dos and also others. I like that it integrates with Tick.

Cons:

There is no way for me to delete an inappropriate comment from a parent.

Basecamp ratings

4.3
4.3
4.2
4.2

8.0/10

Basecamp has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 14,438 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Basecamp before?

Filter reviews (14,438)

Paul
Paul
Managing Director in UK
Arts & Crafts, 11–50 Employees

I always come back to Basecamp

Comments: We have three sites. What Basecamp has provided is the unification of messages and tasks across all sites. It has added transparency that is invaluable to all of our team. We can keep important documents. Onboarding videos and other useful information. No more scraps of paper or post-it notes on peoples desks. It provides real accountability for everyone on the team. So simple to use which means 100% user adoption. Everyone loves Basecamp and we have tried every PM software out there. Basecamp is the best in the business!

Pros:

When you first start using basecamp, two things strike you the most. It’s clean super tight interface and the lack of some common functions. I see both of these things as a positive. This might seem odd but you soon realise that the makers at Basecamp are uncompromising in their relentless pursuit of keeping you efficient. No bloat. No complication. These all adds up to adoption by the whole team. Which for me is the most important thing. You can have a perfect project management system, but if no one uses it. It’s useless. Basecamp’s gets everything on the same page.

Cons:

I would love the app to give you persistent reminders for tasks! Snooze for 5 mins etc.

Jason
Jason
Partner in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Making project management easier

Comments: Overall, Basecamp is a solid product that I use almost daily to manage projects. I haven't had any major issues with the software but would like to be able to easily reference tips and tricks to improve my workflow.

Pros:

The ability to collaborate with other people on my team on task management is critical to making sure the work is done on time. Basecamp also allows me to communicate with clients and vendors on project specifics tasks and goals which means less time writing emails and more time getting things accomplished.

Cons:

The user interface is a little too bare-bones, and things aren't always intuitive. I would like to see more tips on how to set projects up and manage them properly.

Mayra
Analyst in Colombia
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Basecamp Review

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I will give BaseCamp a 4 out of 5 stars

Pros:

It saves you a lot of time and highlights what is important for task scheduling; and high performance to work on multiple projects, It works flawlessly, is very intuitive

Cons:

Sometimes their customer support system is a bit slow

Civic & Social Organization, Self Employed

I'm not sure if it's the same people on this one, since there are different versions of this gig sw

Comments: For the fact that it's an app on a major app store, I would have obviously come across it, for the fact that it was something of some form of various thing that I would come across in categorical and ad hoc searching, as it turns out. Aside from not understanding what the purpose of the software was, based on the description that was included in all of the versions in the App Store, I found it particularly disparaging to the community that they framed the purpose of the app as an occupation and dump in of trucks and trailers, and tons of people from out of town, on any given day, whereas the trailers were there in supposition that they were showers that were provided to the homeless, on one day. On one hand, they're not there every day, but on the other hand, it was a bit strange that this ended up being what the app is about.

Pros:

In essence, I suppose that this app seems a bit in opposition to the browsing app store user coming across it and then, at some point, upon trying to understand what the portent of the impact of the software is, fairly soon turns up browsing through more apps, wondering what this app is about; particularly to have 3 release versions of it, at this point in time. Regardless, it turned in to a yellow sign "base camp" social work news article publication thing for the sake of publicizing push material of support for what ended up being a seething attrition for the locals of the area where the "base camp" installment of "obviously, it's on account of the app in the app store thing," and on top of that, there was significant opposition to me as a mental health client recipient of services (supposedly), just tangentially, and for a few times, perhaps, of this art therapy group of people, and then they talked and acted out towards me in my head, outside of any sort of professional or service provider and client circumstances.

Cons:

I feel like the spirit of development in software, for the purpose of disparaging the client, of a completely different and separate supposition of relation, whatsoever, in regards to the original purpose of meeting with these developers, is simply wrong and unprofessional. These developers cause a significant problem in a different locality between people who are not housed in downtown Los Angeles, on the incident that happened witnessed, and whatever the story was in my head about what anyone might think about such an influx of people in to the area, which is all too common, in various ways; On top of that, they're plotted right at 222 S. Hill St. 7th floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90012, and they do events of disparagement against me and my family commonly, while trying to suppose that their self esteem is supported and is superior, while homeless and mentally ill bullying and stalking victims are inferior, on account of group brute strength over an individual. They run ostensibly false and slight charity drives for supposedly unfortunate other people.

Tichaona Redemptor
Tichaona Redemptor
chief information officer in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Flexible Event Creation platform

Comments: My overall experience with Basecamp has been quite positive! Basecamp’s project management features streamline workflows, enhance communication, and keep projects on track. It’s a powerful toolkit for modern teams!

Pros:

Basecamp provides a single, organized space for all project-related activities. Whether it’s discussions, tasks, files, or schedules, everything resides within a project’s dedicated page.

Cons:

For new users, Basecamp’s interface can be a bit overwhelming initially. The abundance of features and options might take some time to get used to.

Grace
Grace
Project Manager in US
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Basecamp facilitates coordination and communication in projects

Comments: Basecamp has been an excellent tool for keeping track of everything that needs doing. Users can look through their tasks, add comments, and send alerts to the people in charge of the projects.

Pros:

It's user-friendly, facilitates collaboration across geographic distances, lets you draft and share papers with your team, and features a clock to track attendance.

Cons:

Basecamp remains competitive with other project management software options because it provides most of the features necessary to successfully oversee a project.

Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good tool for collaboration with agencies

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

You can create tasks for your agency, set up the deadline. Chat under the task if something is not clear. You can upload files. You see a clear timeline of "events" - what particular users did (comment, upload file,..)

Cons:

You cannot open some files within Basecamp, you have to download it.

Erika
Campus Dining Manager in US
Higher Education Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Organization/Planning

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ability to have all the projects located in one spot

Cons:

Some users had a hard time navigating the message board

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Basecamp will Keep you Going

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall a great competitor in the space and we would consider them again in the future.

Pros:

It has a very user friendly interface, there is a mobile app to work alongside the web application. It has common features that are in parity with other services.

Cons:

There is a lot of hidden costs that creep in and sometimes they didn't catch up to the features that should be offered.

Derrick
Senior software engineer in India
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Streamlined Collaboration: Basecamp in Action

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love how easy Basecamp is to use. It's straightforward to manage tasks, messages, and files. Plus, collaborating with my team is seamless.

Cons:

I wish I could adjust features to better suit my team's needs.

Executive Producer in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

(BC3) A friendly project management tool

Comments: Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Pros:

The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage) Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Cons:

As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome. It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

Kate
Communications Manager in US
Internet, 201–500 Employees

Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team

Comments: Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Pros:

I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Cons:

There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

CEO in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Great Solution For Team Collaboration & Basic Project Management

Comments: I've used Basecamp to manage development projects, marketing programs, product management, company calendars, and basic HR/company policy documentation for several years. I've always found it to be reliable and easy to use. I will continue to use it going forward.

Pros:

Basecamp is incredibly intuitive and easy-to-use. New users can start using the system in a very short period of time. I love the ability to upload files to specific projects or teams and to organize them into folders and update them with new versions. I also really appreciate how Basecamp makes sharing news, messages, and schedules with members of the team. Basecamp is also very affordable, even for small teams.

Cons:

I would like to see some additional project management features added. Specifically, project milestones and Gantt charts. A few of the features are not particularly useful, such as the Gaussian-looking completion chart.

Jonathan
Lead Engineer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great choice for team discussion, file sharing and basic task tracking

Comments: Our overall experience has been great. We were using a custom-built tool for team communication, but ultimately decided that Basecamp just has more features and will save us a lot of cash in the long run versus building the tool ourselves. It's nice that there is a flat charge for the service, instead of charging by the user like some other services do. This saves us a considerable amount of money.

Pros:

It was very easy to setup and get going. We just invited our team members in with each of their email addresses and it handled the rest. Our entire team found it easy to create their account or do a social login. We use it primarily as a message board and chat system on our team. I really like how the entire message board is searchable, which is useful for finding things later on. "Remember when we talked about XYZ", and you can just search for XYZ and it shows up quickly. The calendar and file sharing has also come in handy for simple things, though it's not as robust as using something like Google Calendar or Google Drive. Basecamp also has a useful API that we've used to pull some data out of their system and display it in our other systems. The mobile app works great. It's probably one of the best designed apps I've ever used, to be honest. It makes it easy to talk with the team while on-the-go.

Cons:

I was hoping for some kind of wiki system to be included with Basecamp. You can kinda make up your own wiki using specific categories on the message board and file sharing, but it's not quite the same. A wiki would be really helpful for internal documentation.

Bethany
Editor in US
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

My, well, base camp for client communications!

Comments: I create an individual Basecamp project for each of my clients to handle communication, deadlines, and file-sharing. Basecamp is the only project management software I've found that really excels at being used in a client-facing manner. I can get clients set up within minutes without confusing or overwhelming them.

Pros:

My use of Basecamp is unique in that I personally don't need project management software as much as a client communication interface, and Basecamp is perfect for that! My work requires me to implement deadlines for both my team and my clients, and Basecamp allows me to clearly communicate that entire timeline while keeping all files and communication in one place. It really is a perfect "home base"!

Cons:

I'd love to be able to customize which projects we receive updates on! Instead of just choosing email updates or no email updates, it would be great to have a newsfeed of only starred projects or even the ability to designate and filter by role within a project. I also feel that the jump between Basecamp Personal and Basecamp Business is a bit too stark. I'd love to see, say, a Basecamp Entrepreneur option in between aimed at companies that don't need unlimited features and can't afford the $99 monthly price point. Basecamp 2's "10 projects for $20/month" package would be an ideal model!

Gavin
Technical Project Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Basecamp gives you a lot of bang for the buck

Pros:

Basecamp does almost everything we need to do, with the ability to use the APIs we've managed to extend Basecamp to work with our internal and some external systems. Every single project is tracked and managed via the app, our project hours are recorded against each project using the API and we can report on these for costings at any point. There are more competent project management software packages out there, but all of these charge per user and would be a lot more expensive.

Cons:

There's a few small features missing, one of these is project management across multiple projects, we're not able to produce GANNT charts or assign people to projects with working hours to ensure the member of staff isn't overloaded. This is minor overall but would definitely be something great to have.

Nagish
IT Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Best Tool for Online Project Management and Team Management

Comments: I am using Basecamp from last two year. I love it because of its Team Chat, the average price which is very affordable, Message Boards/News which have so many options to edit the text, such as bolding, coloring, bullet points, etc which I personally didn't see in any other project management tool. Most of the time I use it to update stockholders, where it also provide privacy. When I want to inform specific persons I can select those and send them message once at the same time. I love its reports feature too. Drag and drop for rearranging tasks in task list is pretty awesome feature. I like Basecamp’s structural way of arranging everything like links, file, comments, communication, etc.
I recommend it to everyone because of its Free Trail which is a very good thing to try it before buying the full package.

Pros:

Basecamp is an online project management tool which can be accessed through a Mobile device by its app or directly through the web on both PC and Mobile devices. Managing multiple projects at the same time is very easy with Basecamp. Basecamp is featured rich web app where each and every feature such as Project Updates, Discussions and In-project Todo Lists/Tasks are on one-page and a user can easily find them directly by first look. The best thing in Todo list is multiple Todo lists in a single project for different department’s collaboration which makes it more powerful than the other available tools in the market. Document upload and sharing with others and receive feedback or comments makes it more versatile. The coolest feature which I like is the Catchup option for knowing about today and today’s progress in a single click. The best feature which keeps me update about the progress is the Progress feature, where the whole project is displayed as a timeline on one page, that’s just amazing. It’s so easy to see the milestones and progress right in one screen and scroll to see how much of done for the course of a day or month. The simplicity of Basecamp makes me love it; because Basecamp has a very lean user interface, the smooth learning curve for first-time users and scalability to use it for larger projects which makes it adoptable for everyone.

Cons:

The workflow is not built around any specific industry so it may not be a very perfect for specialized companies but it can be used by anyone and it can be adopted easily because of its ease and more features. The Calendar view/ Schedule doesn’t show a specific task's progress in details. it will make more sense to calendar/schedule view if the schedule is shown like the progress bar for every task.

Kamila
Kamila
Founder & CEO ¿ Business Coach | Marketing Strategist | Online Training for Coaches & Experts in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great for client management and projects

Comments: It helps us keep the communication with clients in one place versus using email which is helpful. I wish they had a free version though. I like the style and branding of the app, but if I wasn't using it for client work I doubt I'd be using it for my own projects.

Pros:

- The interface is fun to navigate, it's just pleasant to look at. I like all the little buttons, the way that the check marks are designed, it's fun to comment and check things off. I'm a big nerd when it comes to the actual enjoyment of a platform. The brand is on point. - I like that you can set up different sections for todo's versus having them all be in place. It's also helpful to have a separate files section and discussions section for things not related to specific to-do's although we do rarely use them with my clients. - I see they have an option to use Clientside where the client doesn't get to see all the things in Basecamp, and they can still use email primarily when it comes to the communication. I personally don't use this option and we just have the client in their own Basecamp but it's a great option for folks if they don't want their clients IN the actual project. - It's easy to attach images, write quick comments, and send pings to team members.

Cons:

- The price point, it's obviously not a free option like Trello or others and it is the same in terms of quality as those two except for the design and having clients in there. - It can get confusing for the client. They don't know where to go. - Sometimes we don't know where to write things, there are too many options for communication and discussion which makes the organization of our conversations a bit trickier to manage. - I wish it was possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines for each task, like a gantt chart or something. I feel like Asana has more options when it comes to all of that and it's easier to organize things.

Kristen
Product Marketing Supervisor in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos

Comments: Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless. Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Pros:

The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners. As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Cons:

The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

Software Developer and IT Trainer in Romania
Computer Software, Self Employed

Basecamp - for small and (some) medium-sized projects

Comments: I use Basecamp to manage part of my projects. It helps me to keep in better connection with my clients and the members of the team. I think it is well suited for small and maybe medium-sized projects. It’s reliable and effective at keeping everything organized as long as your teams will have less than 20 members. But if you’re taking into consideration to use Basecamp, you must also evaluate the complexity of the project and the need of communication between members. Sometimes the conversation will become hard to follow because everything is put together, and after a while it’s difficult to keep track of it. We also use the document management and sharing feature to organize project files. Number of emails between team members and/or client dropped after starting using Basecamp. In fact, you can use Basecamp entirely as a communication platform to organize and keep in touch with your clients. Basecamp consolidates all messages with the client in one place. If the projects are for external clients you can add them to your project and choose only certain resources that they can have access to.

Pros:

Basecamp has a very easy to use and intuitive interface. Managing and supervising projects is clean and efficient. It allows us to share only certain resources with the client. Groups allow team members to collaborate and share resources. Members can communicate real-time with the chat or direct messages(pings) or by posting on messages board. I can dismiss questions or responses if inadequate for the group. We’re able to set a responsible and set deadlines for tasks. I can quickly see the tasks we still need to do. I like how I can have all communication with the client in one place. We don’t need to communicate by emails so often. Calendar will tell us the time spent and the deadline of the projects. You can define project hierarchies to break down projects and make them more manageable. Sometimes I need to share something with a person who’s not on the team; for this I can create a public share link. We can use templates to speed up the creation of similar projects.

Cons:

There is no plan between Free and Business (99USD/month). Grouping and following longer discussions is not that easy. I would like to have the possibility to delete files in bulk. The calendar is just basic, it lacks many features like exporting or syncing with external apps/tools. I think there are too many email notifications. I would like to correct or edit online an already uploaded document. If you want to change the design after your company branding, don't expect that from Basecamp. I miss a standard feature to prioritize the tasks so we can drop out our custom conventions.

Bryce
Recreation Director in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best Bang for the Buck

Comments: Our team has been better at communicating with one another and collaborating on ideas. It has connected the team and made it easier to know what everyone is working on without it feeling like big brother is watching what you do.

Pros:

I love how I pay a yearly fee and I can have unlimited users, projects, files, due dates, etc. We looked into other software and no one could match the ease of use and affordability for a city government on a budget. I love how you can search by keyword and find what you need, I love the chatting option between employees and I love how you can create projects and assignments with ease.

Cons:

I wish you could integrate your google calendar with this software.

Mohammed
Senior corporate communications in Jordan
Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Preparing and implementing tasks through the cooperation of team members

Comments: Basecamp contributed to increasing the ability to follow up on all projects of the organization, as well as save documents and documents related to those projects, and also through notifications of tasks that are sent at the specified times to all members, ensuring that everyone stays in touch with the actual situation of the project and enables the project management to know the points Defects and omissions in production baskets, which gives them flexibility with the ability to enter at the right time.

Pros:

Basecamp is a flexible program with a distinctive design, which enables the work team, by integrating jobs, to dispense with many of the tasks they perform, which contributes to saving time and effort and increasing productivity. The team will be able to communicate through Basecamp from anywhere at any time and also via mobile phones. Each team member will be able to list the tasks, their due dates, and the members who contribute to the implementation of the task, which makes the follow-up processes and measurement of achievement rates easy and clear to everyone. The application will provide you with notifications about the assigned tasks that you have to follow. The application provides the ability to download files, documents and videos of a specific activity, and they will be saved for reference at any time. The application enables you to work on several projects at the same time, as you will be able to customize the tasks according to the project you are working on.

Cons:

Everything is excellent, Basecamp is easy to use for everyone, it has a unique user interface, which allows you to know all the tasks that you are required to participate in and their due dates. Basecamp has an excellent support team and provides educational aids to everyone that helps with a clear understanding of how the app works. Basecamp provides a very large amount of freedom for users, enabling them to include and modify the list of people to send notifications to, ensuring that those notifications reach the people concerned at the specified times.

It is a very collaborative tool, for organizes projects in a simple and effective way. Its effective

Comments: I have found many benefits when using and implementing this tool in our team: - Speed in my management and organization of projects - Efficiency in the coordination of processes - Security to use it in my mobile device - Real order in our work - Improvement of our routine in internal processes - Improvement in the performance of our equipment - Unification of all the professionals of the company in the same project - For a small company like ours, a great cost - quality ratio - Interaction with our customers - Simple to use even when someone is traveling They have implemented a very useful tool, which is the Daily Progress, very useful to review the events that have taken place in your projects over time Another benefit obtained thanks to the BaseCamp tool is that all our consultants have been able to use it, even people not very adept at the technology, they can use it very efficiently and simply BaseCamp We benefit from the TimeLine of the tool, because we can explain the progress of a project to our clients. The balance of failures and successes are other benefits The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system. What do we find in this tool? We benefit from online collaborative work. And it continues to evolve over time The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system We benefit from online collaborative work. We have the support that all conversations, requirements and shared files are stored on the platform. In this way we can always endorse the agreements, requests ,deliveries It has facilitated the monitoring of the work and the counting of hours of work of each professional, something very important for the internal management of the projects. In our experience, it has worked so well that it is already. So, Thanks fos that BaseCamp

Pros:

I really like the ease of use that this tool has. Practically no more experience or tutorials are needed to learn how to use it. The internal chat is a great advantage, very nice. It is also an excellent option that allows teamwork and solve management problems quickly

Cons:

The main disadvantage is that the client must understand the use very well, but generates prizes almost automatically. Especially for the client respect the threads of conversation. Another point against is that the platform only works online, so you can not advance in jobs when there is no connection

Jenny
Brand Director in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

I've used Basecamp intermittently over the last 3 years.

Pros:

Basecamp is best for improving organization and instilling clarity among teams. I love the notification board in Basecamp. It helps organize and clarify details and next steps in a team, which can often times get cluttered or grow faint via email and standard chat-type programs like Slack. The self-saving feature is awesome, too. I've been screwed over many times on other programs and email systems if my computer freezes or my browser shuts down unexpectedly so I have a wave of relief being on Basecamp in general. Any applicable files needed can be easily searched for and found within the system, too, which is great. This feature is definitely reminiscent of Google Drive, but Basecamp as a software tool is way more robust, functionality-wise.

Cons:

Upload times can be slow and it can get a little glitchy, but the latter may be a function of my company's WiFi. If everyone on your team knows how to use Basecamp and if everyone on your team are solid workers, Basecamp can help you save so much time. BUT, if you have slackers or lazy people on your team (all too common even in the best companies out there) it can be incredibly frustrating to have to repeat information that's already clearly in Basecamp for them to reference. This isn't necessarily a 'con' but I'm often finding out about features I didn't know existed or didn't know were beneficial to leverage for my specific projects until I discovered them through conversations with colleagues. It'd be great to have tutorials embedded into the system so users know they're utilizing the system at its full capacity.

Lucas
Senior Software Engineer in Austria
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Simple yet elegant and effective.

Comments: In summary, Basecamp impresses with its simplicity, attention to detail, and comprehensive feature set. Its user-friendly interface and thoughtful design make it easy to navigate and utilize its robust set of project management tools. While the software excels in many aspects, one area for improvement could be providing more fine-grained metrics for tracking project timelines. Nonetheless, Basecamp remains a valuable asset for efficient collaboration, streamlined communication, and effective project management.

Pros:

am thoroughly impressed with its simplicity, attention to detail, and robust set of features. The software's straightforward interface makes it incredibly easy to navigate and use, allowing me to quickly get started and stay organized. The attention to detail is evident in every aspect of Basecamp, from its clean design to its thoughtful features that cater to various project management needs.

Cons:

While Basecamp offers excellent project management capabilities, having more detailed metrics and insights into the timeline of events would greatly enhance the ability to track progress and identify potential bottlenecks. By incorporating more granular metrics, such as task duration, milestone completion rates, or individual team member contributions, Basecamp could provide users with a more comprehensive understanding of project timelines and enable more effective project planning and management