15 years helping Canadian businesses

About UKG Pro

UKG Pro is the culture-driven HCM solution that puts people at the center of your strategy to create great workplaces for all.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Pros:

Cons:

You can not configure the application for candidate experience. Terrible implementation and testing and deployment process.

UKG Pro ratings

3.9

7.7/10

UKG Pro has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 597 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UKG Pro before?

Margarita
Margarita
Exp and FA Actg Mgr in US
Accounting Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Worked great for candidate tracking

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I really liked the features built in for performance tracking and candidate review during a job search fill. Really made leaving comments and communicated back and forth with HR a breeze.

Cons:

Sometimes documents or modules can be difficult to find. Certain links are available but are broken when you go to actually get to the area you need.

Katrina
Katrina
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

UKG is an excellent tool for managing employees

Comments: Recruiting from a wider pool of candidates has been made easier by the system's seamless integration. This program has helped facilitate a steady stream of qualified applicants, which has decreased the cost per employee and shortened the time to recruit.

Pros:

UKG is used for personnel record keeping in my company. To wit: data backup, payroll processing, tax preparation, employee onboarding, and regulatory education. We integrated UKG with our payroll systems and created an easy-to-use portal for employees and management.

Cons:

Some systems require lengthy builds and troubleshooting to integrate with. There is room for improvement in how healthcare EMR systems and time management are integrated. There may be a delay in page refresh rates as a result of increased personalization of employee landing pages.

Kristen
VP, HR in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

Thrilled TO LEAVE UKG!

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The worst. Will never go back. It is impossible to find affordable employees who have UKG experience.

Pros:

If you have a vast budget, this could be a great product for you. But you absolutely will spend a fortune for all the bells and whistles. Take your existing budget and triple it. Invoices come non-stop.

Cons:

The contract is impossible to get out of. The cost goes up by 10% each year and you MUST give an extensive notice or the contract auto renew annually. We got stuck paying for ACA and had to move it to a new company as they prepared ACA filing after we terminated our contract adn they refused to refund us. Be very careful wiht UKG, they make up random charges..invoices come in at every turn. IT is also very difficult to find employees who use and understand UKG, bc they turn all of their laid off staffers into consultants who bill at $200 per hour. Dont bother. I have no idea how this company stay in buisness. We had the worst experience in almost all aspects of the software. You are on an island with help only available at $200 per hour. This company functions like a MLM. Employers beware, you will pay top dollar for employees who understad the software or you will have to resort to consultatants....MLM. Worst business model.

Brian
Clinical Research Coordinator in US
Research, 201–500 Employees

UKG Pro Makes a Proactivity Easy

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how UKG Pro is the HUB for everything. From healthcare information to paystubs. UKG Pro has it all. I like not having to navigate through 3-5 different websites and finding all my required assignments and tools in one website. It has been an amazing HR tool to keep me on track with all the required trainings and communicating my needs and concerns in one location. It's a pretty intuitive website and the app has been super friendly to use.

Cons:

I don't have any cons, I prefer this over some of the other HR programs that I had to use in the past.

Vanessa
Director HRIS in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

UKG Pro Review

Pros:

Cost, their modules, integrations with other systems, the look/feel, user-friendliness of the modules, their security platform, user interface experience, global support and overall organization.

Cons:

At the time, we wanted to go with their Ulit-Time Mgmt for timesheets, but they were in the midst of sunsetting that module, so we were forced to move to their Ulti Time and Attendance module. Other than that minor hiccup, there is nothing else that I dislike about UKG Pro.

Amy
HR Manager in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 501–1,000 Employees

Sold a dream, delivered nothing but problems

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The sales team sold us on the software because they touted a support team that would hold our hand from start to finish and make sure we were never left hanging. Instead, we got UKG project managers who were completely disorganized and nonresponsive, our integration feeds took more than 18 months to create, UKG support took weeks or sometimes literal months to answer our questions, and when UKG drops the ball they still make the customer pay the price for it. We have been on this system for 3 years and still do not have all of our benefits feeds working correctly.

Pros:

UKGPro has a huge expanse of capabilities and can be highly customized. It's capable of covering most, if not all, needed HR functions.

Cons:

You have to be an expert in the system to get everything to work together correctly. UKG's support is abysmal. Reporting is extremely challenging and UKG forces customers to pay for everything they possibly can. We were left waiting for weeks or months for answers during launch. We are now being forced to pay an additional annual cost to update benefits administration because UKG is not updating their software, but of course they're not discounting our normal fees for the software.

Banking, 201–500 Employees

14 Years and Still Improving

Pros:

The level of service we continue to receive from UKG is what satisfies us most about our relationship with them. UKG Pro met our needs well 14 years ago and through 3 acquisitions we've made over time, it continues to do so, especially considering the continued enhancements that have been made in the software.

Cons:

Even after all this time, we continue to work on our use of Business Intelligence (Cognos) and its vast capabilities. It is a great tool and we've only just begun to tap its potential.

Patrick
Controller in US
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

All-In-One People Management Tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

UKG Pro is a well-integrated system that captures virtually all people-management tools in one place. It is easy to navigate and the reporting tools are very helpful.

Cons:

At times our employees have issues with the mobile app.

Rickie
Intake Specialist in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

So easy to use

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great for tracking schedules, payroll, time off, editing missed clock in and tax forms. Easy to update profile information. Great on both desk top and mobile app.
Highly recommend.

Pros:

Very easy access to multiple menus including tax forms, payroll, hourly tracking, vacation time.

Cons:

No cons recorded. I experienced user error but help desk was amazing at resetting my forgotten password

Lauren
Web Dev intern in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

UKG pro review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Very easy to use, interface is user friendly

Cons:

I would recommend more companies use this platform!

Megan
HR Supervisor in US
Medical Devices, 201–500 Employees

If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!

Comments: We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros:

There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve. The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips. It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons:

We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

Elizabeth
HR Manger in US
Financial Services Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great mid sized HRIS system

Comments: Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Pros:

The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Cons:

Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

Isabelle
Talent Coordinator in Canada
Retail, 201–500 Employees

Recent Company Switch to UKG Pro

Comments: Overall UKG has cut down on some of the time it took our HR department to hire new employees on payroll, as the integration between onboarding, recruiting and PRO transfers that data. It is also an easier product for our end users to learn.

Pros:

We recently switched over to UKG PRO from our legacy system and legacy ATS. UKG provides the functionality that we need all in one place and decreases the additional work we had to do. The integration between PRO and recruiting allows candidates to easily enter the database. The onboarding feature is very clear and improves the candidate onboarding experience. Everything from the branding to the setup is very customizable and allows you to set up the product exactly how you want it. In switching to their product, you are also provided with lots of additional support from your setup team, which is great.

Cons:

There is some functionality missing from the recruiting module of UKG. At this moment, the texting feature is not available, which was a critical piece of our legacy ATS. There is also some other functionality, such as grouping questions together for a job posting that is not currently available. We have found we need to use external applications on top of UKG to be able to meet our recruiting and onboarding needs.

John Aries
Kronos System Administrator in Colombia
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001–5,000 Employees

UKD Dimensions

Comments: The company's payroll and timekeeping accuracy has significantly increased since we started UKG Dimensions

Pros:

The product is easy to use on a user standpoint

Cons:

The reporting side could be more user friendly as not all have the time to attend trainings.

Natalie
Sr HRMS Analyst in US
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Fantastic all-in-one software

Comments: We have reduced paper and gained many efficiencies from reducing manual processes, overall.

Pros:

User friendly, customer support, learning resources

Cons:

The compensation module is clunky and so is the time management. We have work arounds but sometimes there is more work involved since they cannot be fully configured to what we need.

Jeanne
HR Manager in US
Publishing, 51–200 Employees

UltiPro is a great investment

Comments: We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros:

Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing. Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved. A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates. Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms. In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically. And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons:

This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

Cynthia
Head of Payroll in US
Veterinary Software, 201–500 Employees

I'm Sad to Say....

Comments: Let me start by saying that it used to be great system and in the past I was a huge supporter of UltiPro and Kronos, and I thought they had the best systems out there from a payroll perspective - much easier to use than either Workday or SAP, and they had excellent support. And you were in control - you didn't need to hire a ton of expensive pseudo-IT people to run your department. Sadly, that's no longer the case. It's almost impossible to get support, the UI has gone downhill, and the product is very disjointed. It takes forever to perform simple tasks - very similar to a Workday or SAP. You can get it done, but not easily. You can no longer reach anyone in the Tax department - you can open tickets but no one will ever respond. You're on your own and you don't have the ability to make necessary updates yourself - it's a terrible feeling. I have had tickets open for months and I'm coming up on year end and I'm not going to be able to report accurately. Why they would take away the ability for users to make their own updates to taxing jurisdictions I'll never understand. But they did, and they don't respond when you open a case even after escalating. It's a nightmare. Now, I would go with another vendor given the choice. And that makes me sad.

Pros:

I absolutely love the reporting capabilities in the core system. UKG uses Cognos, and you can literally write a custom report in minutes and pick up pretty much any field in the database and export it to Excel or PDF or whatever format you're looking for. You can schedule reports that can be automatically sent to your users and they can only see what their role and security allows them to see, you can create dashboards and interface files - whatever you need from a reporting perspective is at your fingertips. And it's as easy as drag and drop. I can't stress enough how useful this feature is.

Cons:

I hate how long it takes to perform simple tasks, and I am horrified by the fact that they no longer provide test environments - to me it's not an option to test in production. We had to fight and beg for months to get them to make an "exception" for us, and frankly would have moved in another direction had they not eventually given in. The product and support, both of which used to make the system different from the other offerings on the market, have gone so far downhill in such a short time it's astonishing. Be prepared to have to go to a ton of different screens to get basic information or to perform an everyday task. And forget about getting any support. You can open tickets but no one is going to respond no matter how much you beg for help.

Janine
Director of Human Resources in US
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Expensive Option with some benefits

Pros:

Allows for customization. Has great reporting capabilities.

Cons:

We tried to use UKG as the one place for HR. Unfortunately, several modules (recruiting, onboarding, performance management) are offered, but they all lack the functionality to make them add value to our organization. We dropped PM because it was so difficult to use. We are also looking at alternatives to ATS and Onboarding. I am not a fan of their support model. I really don't even know my CSR.

Jamie
Helpdesk Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best HR site I have personally used

Comments: Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros:

Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years. Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works. The site is speedy to navigate. Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out. Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site. Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn. Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past. We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK. Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch. I can also view my paycheck stubs here. It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location. I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that. I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons:

Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

6 years ago

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Nathan
Product Manager in US

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

Comments: I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros:

UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons:

I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

6 years ago

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

Debbie
Sr. Payroll Specialist in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

A Quick Payroll Process

Comments: Okay, I have been using for 5 years and I still come across issues.

Pros:

UltiPro is quick with processing payrolls.

Cons:

You can tell there were many different developers.

Architecture & Planning, 201–500 Employees

Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs

Comments: Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros:

Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons:

Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

6 years ago

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to [email protected]. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Cheri
Sr HRIS Analyst in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Sr HRIS Analyst

Comments: For the most part positive.
For me the pain points are service. Responses seem to be worse since the merger with Kronos. I am not sure why we cannot get some type of response within a 48 hour period. I sometimes have to send this to our account rep before getting some type of response.

Pros:

Fairly easy after you get familiar with the product

Cons:

Fall and Spring releases I struggle with getting all of the features turned on or setup and the turnaround time seems to be aggressive. BI reporting is a struggle especially when the info requires joins not always easy to know when to do so. Cases and service requests - in some areas you want the customer to own their own data and processes and in some cases such as service requests and cases you do not and we have to wait and wait and wait and wait for assistance.

Linda
Accountant III (Payroll) in US
Fund-Raising, 201–500 Employees

Functionality and Ease of Use

Comments: UKG was easy to learn. The report writer (Analytics) could be a little more user friendly

Pros:

Payroll processing is the best I have worked with. Very easy to undo a process that did not work correctly.

Cons:

System can be slower at times. Data entry errors can be difficult to correct at times and may requires assistance from UKG.

Leah
MSRII in US
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

UKG Pro Review

Comments: UKG pro allows you to clock into work form remote locations, check your time sheet and schedule from home and even request time of at anytime of the day. this really brings your workforce into the 21st century!

Pros:

UKG Pro is very versatile, easy to access, and even easier to use as a daily tool in the workplace for both employers and employees.

Cons:

there really isn't much to not like about UKG Pro, as an user and not an administrator I am sure there's many more tools and option I don't know of but it has always worked correctly for me.