QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

4.5 (19,624) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pros:

Easy to navigate through. Amazing technical support, inexpensive, and it has such seamless integrations.

Cons:

Difficult to explore through the various bundles. Was charged 20$ and needed to experience a cycle where they input .01 into my record - which was redundant.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise ratings

4.3
4.1
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 19,624 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise before?

Filter reviews (19,627)

Faisal Shafi
Faisal Shafi
Chief Internal Auditor in Pakistan
Financial Services Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Complete Accounting Solution

Comments: Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is cloud based software there user can work from anywhere getting real time accounting results. It is suitable for startups and small to medium size enterprises. Quickbooks simplify day to day accounting so a person who does not know more about accounting can use it with little help and get all accounting done including management of payroll, inventory, taxation, and more important financial statements. It enables user to effectively track underlying details and documents by just clicking particularly it empowers user to keep eyes on accruals, account payable, and account payable.

Pros:

I love Quickbooks due to its simplicity for setup and using, where we get all accounting done. A straight forward way to automate day to day accounting. It generates all reports required by a user from an accounting software even allows customization. It facilitates to maintain multi organizational setups. On single click, it leads to underlying details, source documents, visualizing each entry.

Cons:

Quickbooks do not restrict to edit, delete, or add an entry into back month therefore it may happen that one gets print out of financial statements for a particular month and then do any editing into previous month's transaction then print out will differ than software, even it does not maintain any log to track changes made by user. It does tax management itself but one cannot fully rely on it, user must monitor tax reports before forwarding. It can be works offline therefore at that scenario one cannot enjoy benefits of cloud-based software, further it supports only Windows operating system.

Carolyn
Office Manager in US
Veterinary Software, 11-50 Employees

Mount Carmel Animal Hospital

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks is an amazing program. As someone who had no training in bookkeeping or business, it was very easy to navigate and utilize fairly quickly. The system is ultimately error proof, which is incredibly reassuring for someone who had no experience when starting out.

Pros:

Quickbooks is very user friendly and easy to navigate while being incredibly detailed and accurate. Coming from a veterinary background with not training in bookkeeping or accounting, I was able to utilize the software with minimal training. The way the software is designed, it is virtually impossible for errors to go unnoticed. There are multiple checks systems in place to ensure everything is accurate and correctly accounted for.

Cons:

Having multiple users can become a bit expensive. Remote access is also more difficult, requiring a third party to manage remote access. Quickbooks Online offers easy remote access, however, we found that the desktop version was better suited for our needs overall.

CEO in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

QuickBooks is Quick and Easy! (I would definitely recommend it!)

Comments: This has been a game-changer is organizing my receipts!

Pros:

I use QuickBooks for my two self-employed businesses and really love it. The first thing that I really like about QuickBooks is that it integrates with other softwares that I use. It is a part of the Intuit suite of softwares including Mint and TurboTax, and it also works with Square. The software has a user-friendly interface. I like that you can upload pictures of your receipts and attach them to each expense. No more worrying about your paper receipts fading or being misplaced. PRICELESS!! They also have a mileage tracker, which is super helpful. Of course, you can run important reports like Profit & Loss and your Balance Sheet. Quickbooks has also gotten into banking, and you can set up an envelope system for your business expenses. They offer several price points that are not that expensive. I would definitely recommend this software.

Cons:

The hardest part about Quickbooks is just getting into the habit of reconciling your books. I do this myself, but you can hire a book-keeper to do it for you. They have a list of local Quickbook savvy bookkeepers in your area.

Amanda
Treasurer in US
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

Love everything QuickBooks offers

Comments: Our experience has always been exceptional with this company. We have never had any issues up until recently with the bank statements not automatically downloading. However, I don't know if that's our bank or the software itself, so I can not hold that against the software. Other than the recent price change, everything about the software has been perfect. We love all the features and everything it does- the reporting, the reminders for when to send payroll and forms / fees to the government, the organization, breakdowns, the ease it gives our accountant, the option to add additional classes if and when you add additional locations etc. All the features are great!

Pros:

I absolutely love everything Quickbooks has to offer. It is extremely easy to learn and very user friendly. It does everything you need an accounting software to do for your business, and more. We have been using it for almost 12 years now and it has worked perfectly for all of our business needs. It's simple to learn, and has help topics that are easy to follow and figure out when we need assistance.

Cons:

We have never had any issues with the software itself, but after using it for almost 12 years, they have completely changed their pricing structure this year. Our price is going to more than triple this year for the same services we've always been using. I feel that the price has always been very reasonable, up until this year when they completely restructured it. It is the only reason we are considering looking for a different software. I completely understand the need to increase rates, but to more than triple what we've always paid seems very excessive and is a significant cost for a small business. The least the company could do is offer a discount for its loyal users who have been with them for many years. (We use QuickBooks and the payroll features)

Belasco
Digital marketing manager in South Africa
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

Quivk Books desktop Review

Comments: Quickbooks has helped me keep track of my account books in one place therefore reducing confusion. I have intergrated the software with my other softwares like hubspot. The software enables me send my clients more professional and easy to understand quotations. However i have had problems with their phone support team, they are not easily accessible when there is emergency on the software. In a nutshell quickbooks software is a must get especially if you want to scale your small business up.

Pros:

QuickBooks has a variety of features that supports small and medium businesses and it allows up to 25 users. The software can intergrate with more than 500 business apps and softwares. QuickBooks has a friendly user interface which makes it easy to navigate through its dashboard. QuickBooks gives a 30 day free trial version which gives you a test drive of the software before deciding to subscribe. Enables you to keep all your books of accounts in one place.

Cons:

The price has been increasing throughout the years. Less automated as compared to online version which takes more time. Their phone support is not efficient and sometimes they do not assist by phone hence forced to migrate to online version which facilitate a quick live bookkeeping. Does not facilitate split transactions and auto sales report hence need to migrate from desktop to online version.

Justin
Justin
Business Owner in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Comments: It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

Pros:

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

Cons:

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

chamir
Consultant in Suriname
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

Quikbooks is easy to setup and easy to start up.

Comments: Overall Quickbooks Desktop is a great program, it's a complete accounting software for manny businesses that can grow with your business. It provides all the tools your business needs, yet is easy to use. I can organize my bookkeeping, manage inventory, track sales, and even run payroll at a fraction of the cost. QuickBooks Enterprise saved me thousands of dollars a year compared to similar solutions. Powerful and flexible.

Pros:

Simple coordination with other application/Software and makes invoicing simple and powerful relying upon your arrangement. QuickBooks is amazing Software and obliges an extremely wide scope of organizations. In particular it offers incredible technical support (On premise, Calls, Email and, surprisingly, Remote Support), another advantage is all around addressed documentation, and online assistance/Forums.

Cons:

It is only accessible on your deskto, you can not acces it on the web. In this manner, it is very troublesome especially when everything these days must be gotten to remotely.

Mevasoa Benjaniaina
Article Writer in Madagascar
Business Supplies & Equipment, Self Employed

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

Comments: Anybody in any way shape or form associated with independent venture bookkeeping realizes the name Intuit and its revered QuickBooks stage. However it started zeroing in its showcasing on a cloud-situated rendition, named Intuit QuickBooks Online, where it's confronting intense contest, Intuit stays an unbelievably solid brand and even games the midrange partner we're auditing here, called QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise release. This form of the product covers midrange bookkeeping, including general record, and stock administration, and it's authorized per seat, with costs starting at $1,100 each year for a solitary seat yearly membership. With various memberships accessible to get to various degrees of usefulness, including Advanced Reporting, Advanced Payroll, and various levels of help, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise clients can plan arrangements that are genuinely all around focused on for explicit necessities. In any case, a restrictive data set, a genuinely low max-client limit, and a dependence on its client local area for assist documentation with keeping this framework somewhat behind Acumatica and Intacct, the current Editors' Choice victors in this class. You can likewise pay for the membership consistently, starting at $75.60 each month for a solitary seat permit. The vast majority of the little and average size business (SMB) applications inspected in this gathering run on top of uncompromising information bases like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or SAP HANA.

Pros:

Simple to-explore process menus. Recognizable (UI) for current QuickBooks clients. Tremendous client local area. Basic structures and report customization. Enormous number of standard and contributed reports. Brilliant import capacities. Brilliant joining with Sales and Purchasing.

Cons:

Offers possibly Average Costing whenever obtained without Advanced Inventory include. No Economic Order Capabilities. Fundamental Low Inventory alerts. Versatile up to 30 clients. Exclusive information base. No evident focal documentation. Versatile access just with an extra help.

Darcie
Payroll Adminstrator/Bookkeeper in US
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Great software-will continue using

Comments: This software keeps track of everything our company needs incl all AR, AP, payroll and tax transactions and accruals.

Pros:

Many features available making it an integral part of our day to day operations. Processing payroll is easy and tax accrual function and e-file makes it so simple and easy to match to federal and state calculations. Reporting features are very good. We have 100’s of customers and vendors and the tracking of availability of transactions is superb. We also use their remote hosting service for work from home employees and have never had an issue with maintaining connections and to the minute updated information.

Cons:

The only things I could recommend for improvement is the ability to have detailed customizable reporting for employee and payroll functions. Customer service is iffy-most are nice but some are not very knowledgeable and it can take quite a long time to resolve what seems to be a simple issue. Currently found that the annual renewal fee charged was $500 more than what was quoted by two of their reps so am looking at having to attempt to get a refund for the overcharge.

Albert
IT Tech in Botswana

Of all the Accounting Software's I recommend QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Proven best so far

Comments: Easy integration with other application/Software and makes invoicing easy and effective depending on your setup. QuickBooks is legendary Software and accommodates a very wide range of businesses. Most importantly it offers great tech support (On premise, Calls, Email and even Remote Support), another benefit is well represented documentation, and online help/Forums.

Pros:

The best and great news the online version of QuickBooks which means you can finish your work or do you from anywhere, will always be up to date with updates and new feature edition. File sharing Feature is the most needed tool for the accountant to easily exchange data they need to keep the books and do taxes. Payroll feature can be accessed through the software and has other features like loan funding all this can be done anytime, anywhere any device all you need in internet access.

Cons:

A software has to make your life easy problem in QuickBooks if you should make mistake it take hell lot of time to fix them as you have to follow all the steps for creation there has to be Delete, Undo or Edit button. Working under harsh boss your work is expressed so working with a Software keeps giving an Unresponsive error gets to your nerves as your boss will not take that for a reason but a bad factor on your part.

Artist, Designer & Training Delivery Professional in UK
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Quickly impressive!

Comments: To summarise its an incredibly attractive & useful product, both for sole traders and Limited companies. It's great value for money and can save a huge amount of time and headaches. This is particularly evident when you consider it as an interest in something that will without a doubt save you time, and may even lessen or cut your bookkeeper expenses totally. In view of that, I've have no problems in suggesting Quickbooks. Start with the 30-day trial to completely evaluate whether or not it meets your specific needs.

Pros:

First and foremost, keep in mind that this is a product with a long history. The parent organization, Intuit has been creating expense and bookkeeping programming beginning around 1983. They are a US organization however adjusted Quickbooks for the UK market and duty framework in 2014. Quickbooks is one of the main bookkeeping programming arrangements with more than 624,000 endorsers in 2014 (a figure liable to have risen). Once more, that simply adds to the entire trust and security component. The greatest benefit of utilizing Quickbooks is the time and stress it will save you. When you're fully operational you'll see how effectively you can keep all of your bookkeeping records forward-thinking. It truly turns into a breeze. Also the biggest advantage is that you're no longer shackled to your desk! saving your opportunity to develop your business. All of that for only a couple of pounds a month implies it truly is an easy decision and one of the best choices you'll make when maintaining a business.

Cons:

Nothing is perfect and to guarantee a decent Quickbooks review it's vital that you're aware of the disadvantages too. Right off the bat, similar to any product, it's somewhat flawed. There are some reviews on Trustpilot surveys of individuals encountering technical issues. Regardless of whether that is with connecting bank accounts or individuals simply doing something wrong. However it's frustrating when such things happen. However, to alleviate that, Quickbooks do have a pretty responsive tech support team. There are a huge number of surveys that describe the supportiveness and persistence of the Quickbooks customer service team. So it's reassuring to know that should you encounter a problem, they'll assist you with tackling it rapidly. The other negative worth focusing on is that with any product there is an expectation to absorb information. You'll have to invest some time figuring out how to take full advantage of its capabilities. Fortunately, Quickbooks make it relative easy with instinctive plan and design and a lot of tutorials and help material.

Yelena
Director in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

QuickBooks for Succu

Comments: Easy to follow instructions, many features to run your business smooy

Pros:

QuickBooks is a great software for anyone. It’s easy to use and you are not required to be an account to use it. It’s also compared to other softwares fairly cheap

Cons:

Some critical fields are missing but you can always buy additional add-on. Annual fees are also a con but it’s not too expensive.

Intuit Response

last year

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a review, Yelena! We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks Desktop is working seamlessly for you so far. Yes, you're exactly right! QuickBooks Desktop can integrate with several different 3rd party Apps/programs that offer additional features that may be helpful for what you're needing. To take a look at what's available, you can visit: https://desktop.apps.com/home If you need anything else or have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop Support using the (?) Help icon in-product! All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Golden
Accounts Clerk in South Africa
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is the best Accounting Software solution. Simply the Best!

Comments: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has advanced inventory systems and reporting, it allows me to rebill individual job costs and it has got a very well coordinated option for payroll allocation. I simply need to run payroll function for me to manage my employees' compensation and company taxes. For me this software is still the best despite some of its shortcomings. I would still recommend it all day long.

Pros:

The compatibility of QuickBooks Desktop with other third party clients is very critical. I can link it with my banks and other applications and it works perfectly well. This software is user friendly and its interface is another notable advantage. This software allows me to manage all my clients' accounts and be able to produce financial reports as they are required. Its customizable features brings with it great value. I usually customize my clients' invoices and billing documents. Its out of the box features allows us to carry out our daily and weekly accounting tasks with ease. This software supports very complex accounting.

Cons:

The QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has a steep learning curve. I took a great deal of time when I was training my workmates. The items I no longer use in the inventory list should be deleted instead of being made inactive. I need them deleted. This software has to be fine tuned to remove bugs when I am creating multiple company accounts profiles. They may need to add bar code scanning function.

Emerson
LTL Operations in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Quickbooks is the gold standard

Comments: Quickbooks has become an indispensable element of my business, and I'm still using it after 11 years.
It simplifies payroll, AP, AR and anything else my accountant would charge me to do.

Pros:

Quickbooks has very intuitive accounting functionality for a novice to learn from. While it's possible to make some mistakes as a rookie, their software support has always been very knowledgeable and quick to help us. The baked-in functionalities that interact with your bank, your accountant and countless other applications are hard to overlook. Overall, it's a great product at an affordable price.

Cons:

Some of the default invoice settings take some work to customize. Also, sending invoices one at a time is a bit cumbersome once you start doing dozens of daily invoices. Further, there are programs that offer a better breadcrumb trail to find user changes.

Patrice
COO in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

Great Tool but you still need to know Accounting Principles and Rules

Comments: QuickBooks has helped us with getting things done quicker and more efficiently. Dealing with Customer support can be tricky but it doesn't happen often. The reports that we produce help our Executive Leaders and Board of Directors stay informed of our financial position and are fairly easy to produce. Most accountants are familiar with QuickBooks so it is easy to send them data when preparing our year end filings.

Pros:

Its fairly easy to use as long as you know Accounting Principles and Rules. It's not going to tell you what GL numbers to post things to so you have to know this before attempting to post things. The accounts payable (Vendors) and Accounts receivable (Customers) is pretty easy to use. Reconciling is quick and easy (as opposed to doing it my hand which I used to do). Calculation sales tax can be tricky...you need to make sure it's set up correctly. I like that the desktop version can be used in a multi-user environment so more than one person can work in it at a time.

Cons:

The worst thing about this product is their customer support. They are hard to get in contact with, try to charge you for every little thing and unless you get someone who actually knows what they're doing (instead of working off a script) they can really mess thing up more than you can imagine.

Alain Jove
Alain Jove
Freelancer in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees

Bookkeeping has never been easy with this

Comments: Overall, QB is an awesome accounting tool especially for noobs like me who doesn't have any background on the matter. It does a great job of updating the reporting data and a scheduled cutoff time to allow you to know that some data won't still be present and are still in the works. Payroll, sales, and the likes are just made simple because of this.

Pros:

This relatively easy to use app is outstanding. With its simple interface with a lot of features for the average and the advanced user makes importing and exporting a breeze. Although it has selected platforms to integrate to, it still works well and does a great job with automating business and even my personal finances. I like the way reporting templates for weekly, monthly, are there for ease of use, which can be customized further to suit my needs. It's easy and convenient because it avoid the human error of calculations with old method of pen and paper, and even the improved ones of using spreadsheets and its counterpart apps. It is even better with optional plugins to make accounting a walk in the park, that's for a small additional fee of course.

Cons:

This is a bit pricy compared to other apps out there that have more or less the same functionality. It would be helpful if the excel/csv import can be better as sometimes the alignments and other elements have minor issues. And this is the same with switching from one mode to another which can sometimes have issues with the entries. And lastly, it would be nice to improve the quality that the customer service provides because it is not really great. I'm sorry to say but it's not so customer service oriented that the Quality Assurance department should work hard in weeding out those bad apples.

Tiffany
CFO in US
Public Safety, 2-10 Employees

Advertising versus delivered

Comments: Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pros:

This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Cons:

We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

April
Owner/Artist in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Vital tool for small business

Comments: I recently purchased the 2020 version of Quickbooks for desktop, after updating my Mac operating system and finding out that I was basically locked out of 2012 version that I had been using - it could not be used with my new OS and I couldn't access any of my business files. After considerable research, I discovered that I could download a trial of a newer version so that I could access my information, but then I needed to decide whether I wanted to purchase a new version of QB for desktop or begin using the online version. I decided to get the 2020 for desktop because I tried the online program and did not like it at all. There is definitely a learning curve if you've never been a Quickbooks user before, but it far exceeds any other accounting software or program I've tried.

Pros:

Quickbooks offers everything I need to manage the accounts for my sole proprietorship, from budgeting and expense tracking to documenting vehicle mileage, all in one program. There are myriad other aspects of the program, such as inventory tracking, that I do not even utilize because I haven't taken the time to learn them.

Cons:

While I have been using Quickbooks for desktop for years now, I still have to look up how to do things and it is not a very intuitive program for someone who did not go to school for accounting or business. If it was more intuitive, I would probably use more of the features.

Andy
Director in Sweden

My Accountant Recommended This!

Comments: Overall I was happy with QB - I can access my accounts from my mobile and see what's happening in my company. As I said before, using software which is recommended by various Accountants speaks for itself!

Pros:

Just like any other kind of cloud application, the more you use Quickbooks, the more you enjoy using it and discovering more features. The fact that you can generate sales graphs simply is a great feature for generating reports for investors is a superb feature. Most importantly, this was recommended by my Accountant who could quickly export all of the data into their own system. This saved me a lot of money in the long run.

Cons:

Maybe too many menus to choose from which I would like to have the option of hiding. Since there are a lot of features and add-ons, some do not apply to me. So, more space please!

Shweta
Supervisor in Canada
Accounting Software, 10,000+ Employees

Quickbook is great tool with no accounting experience

Pros:

After self instructing on YouTube, I can say, the product is a marvel to those of us who work with the entirety of cash. It coordinates everything and with a tick, you can produce any report.Great and best insight. The getting sorted out module is breathtaking as it grants me to screen my remuneration and expenses as shown by the monetary strategy and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's presentation.QuickBooks tackles practically all the bookkeeping issues in my association eg; Budgeting, charges instalment , detailing, charge planning and so on

Cons:

I wished there was the capacity to produce different reports separated from the current one which is bookkeeping based as it were. - As much as it is useful for independent company as our own, it turns out to be difficult to utilize when the business develops and become large.The naming show for certain cycles are somewhat overwhelming until you adapt precisely where they are and what they are called. The updates can make highlights be migrated, making them hard to track down. Likewise with all cloud-based programming, once in a while there are issues with the online connectivity.The number of clients that can utilize it at the same time is restricted and we business people live on cooperation and especially need it.

Andrew
Andrew
Chief Operating Officer in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Great Value for the Price

Comments: Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

Pros:

The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

Cons:

The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

Van
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Gets the job done

Comments: Overall, it's good. Based on the reporting and payroll functionality, I would recommend it to my colleagues, but I would also recommend they check out other options. There is lots of software out there, and I think the QB app is pretty weak, and it's likely you could find something that may be better. I also would strongly recommend studying the basics of accounting before you starting your account.

Pros:

The reporting function, and the ability to integrate payroll (especially full service) is what makes this product for me. Full service payroll will file my tax forms, auto mail out W2s, and make 1099s fairly easy. I do have a state specific tax that my full service doesn't cover, requiring me to manually print and mail with a check, which can be a bit of a pain.. but it does make me appreciate how much time the other payroll automation has saved me. If you structure your system right, the reporting function is very powerful. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have the foresight going into the software on how to appropriately structure things, so I'd recommend planning out your books with an accountant before hand.

Cons:

The customer service is terrible. I usually get forwarded from person to person because I'm in the "wrong department," but I know it's because the person just doesn't know the answer. I do have an accounting degree, so I expect to be more knowledgeable about certain aspects of the system when I call in, but, usually my phone calls are to resolve a software bug or issue. I also think they made a big mistake when they changed their pricing structure by limiting departments/classes to 40 per user. The number is too low, and I previously had unlimited departments/classes, to which Quickbooks made me reduce my total amount when they transitioned to the new pricing structure, with threat of suspension none-the-less. I think that's a pretty terrible thing to do to a long time customer, who had been using the software for 5 years before these limits went into place.

Fidelis
Software Engineer in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

QuickBooks Software 2021 review

Comments: The installation process is easy and smooth. which at some point as you about your business and the right tools or QuickBooks feature you would like to choose. But, it is always good to set all features. It is well tailored to the core accounting needs of all companies. It is deeply rooted in accounting principles, so that every organization, regardless of size, should keep its books and corporate financials structured and properly registered.

Pros:

I would like to start with the desired features of this software. Their pricing plan was structured in a way that one can make good any choice and still have a better feature. They have four pricing plan ( QuickBooks Simple start, Essential, Plus and Advance(recently added)) and price of $12,$20,$35 and $75 respectively . All this plans has a dedicated number of users ranging from one to three. Each of this plans has great features of which Invoices Tracking, Bill and online banking are common among them. The installation process is easy and smooth. which at some point as you about your business and the right tools or QuickBooks feature you would like to choose. But, it is always good to set all features. The navigation bar containing your dashboard is flexible and easy to make choices regarding the selected features. At the right panel is where you found "CREATE" tab, which divides the sections of the software into four namely, "Customers, vendors, employees and others". Each of the dropdown menu will help you to manage your accounting processes. QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps to handle expenses, tasks, invoices and more for small to large businesses. It comes with a centralized dashboard that allows users to use key performance metrics to gain insights into market patterns and organizational performance (KPIs). It is well tailored to the core accounting needs of all companies.

Cons:

Initially, the customer support service and other little issue was the cons. But as at today, the customer service has been improve through instant chat and some added feature such as QuickBooks advance to enhance operations , their avoid any cons that can be attributed to this great software.

Audrey
Owner/operator in Canada
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Great Cloud Solution

Comments: After moving my records and my clients record to QBO it has progressed smoothly and I don't think I can ever go back to my old desktop programs.

Pros:

I like that I have the option to do small task on my iPhone and being able to access my clients and my own businesses account from any device if I'm away from my office. I really like that my clients and I can work on their companies books in real time together over a Video or audio call.

Cons:

The biggest con is if your internet and cellular service is unavailable leaving you with no way to make your deadlines. It's happened.

Shane
Administrative Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

QuickBooks Online Review - Power User Perspective

Comments: Overall QB Online has been a positive experience, but there are a lot of things I wish I knew before diving in. Payroll has been the source of many issues, and there are certain features that could be easily added that haven't been. Online has streamlined some of our processes a bit though compared to Desktop, and the price is appealing compared to Desktop + cloud hosting.

Pros:

QBO is fairly easy to get set up and going. We had a rocky start because we had to import a lot of data from QuickBooks Desktop, and that imported failed the first try. After the second attempt we were in much better shape. We did some cleanup and were good to go in a week. There are still some artifacts that have carried over from Desktop that QBO has no way to clean up, but they aren't intrusive on everyday work. We also love that everything is in the cloud and accessible by up to 5 accounts.

Cons:

Once again, the import to Online from Desktop was not the greatest. If you cam, avoid this import and start fresh in QBO. There are also some significant features missing from QBO that can be found in the Desktop version of the software. QBO Payroll also appears to be much more restrictive than Desktop Payroll, and support is not great in this area.