15 years helping Canadian businesses

About SAP Concur

SAP Concur takes you beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution that grows with your business

Learn more about SAP Concur

Pros:

It is super straight forward process when adding your expenses from any work trip and once you hit submit getting your money refunded is typically smooth.

Cons:

We were told that our cards would sync up, but they didn't and the customer service was bad. We really didn't even get to use the software as we never got through the whole onboarding phase.

SAP Concur ratings

4.0
4.0
4.2
4.1

7.9/10

SAP Concur has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 2,040 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used SAP Concur before?

Filter reviews (2,040)

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brazil
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Great solution to Manage your Expenses

Comments: Our experience with SAP Concur was excellent, we are really looking forward to keep using it for future projects

Pros:

We needed an app to approve hundreds of consultant's expenses and match our accounting. SAP Concur solved this for us. We loved the remotely review and approve, solved 90% of our previous issues. One of the best user friendly UX we ever tried. The import into our accounting ERP was flawless.

Cons:

The only issue we have with this app is the price, if they would offer an affordable plan for small businesses, that would be great.

Alternatives Considered: webexpenses, Zoho Expense and ExpensePoint

Reasons for Choosing SAP Concur: We made the switch because we needed an specific add to become more efficient.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur: Because the great interface of SAP Concur. In addition they rated highest in our cost/benefit analysis.

Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

SAP concur, a must have for expenses management fairly

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

1. Excellent interface for end user 2. Quick action 3. Can upload large files 4. Very secure

Cons:

1. App is not very user friendly 2. Needs authentication even for remembered devices 3. Can’t change approvers specially when he/she is OOO

Soon Kit
Enterprise Resilience Officer in Singapore
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Default software by many large organization. so good client reference check during procurement

Pros:

has all the features you expect for an expense management software

Cons:

some user features not intuitive and error comments can be made more precisely

Eliud
SHE Manager in Germany
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

All in one dashboard,all invoicing processes are now simplified.

Comments: We've experience a five star experience.Its the true definition of greatness, you should all go for it.

Pros:

It's a secure and very straightforward tool which simplifies all traveling costs and invoicing.It is basically created to sustain all it's users even for the one with the small business.It reduces paper work and it saves alot of time.You can clearly see all your expenses data in one place.With SAP Concur you can submit and approve your expenses reports.

Cons:

Everything about this software is incredible .No cons.

Antonella
Accountant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Making Accounting Easy With SAP Concur

Pros:

With SAP Concur, we effortlessly handle all our accounting and expense management.

Cons:

Nothing to hate about SAP Concur. It has delivered.

Enrique
Enrique
Vice President, Human Resources and Administration in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Good luck trying to get support

Comments: Generally positive experience during the sales process, in implementation, and while an active customer/user. Absolutely awful experience post-disconnect, which would keep me from ever considering SAP Concur as a partner again in the future. Unfortunately can't recommend SAP Concur for expense reporting.

Pros:

SAP Concur has long been the industry standard for expense reporting and travel management, and so it was the natural choice when we were looking for a new expense platform several years ago. The sales process was straightforward (no negotiation or haggling needed as their price is their price), and implementation was planned and handled well by the assigned Concur team and our internal resources. Adequate training was provided for both administrators and end-users, so rollout and adoption of the new platform was pretty seamless. User experience was generally positive even if the platform was somewhat dated and not as user-friendly as competing options.

Cons:

Unfortunately SAP Concur's customer support, particularly during the disconnect process, was abysmal. When we requested the disconnect, we were offered no guidance or information from our customer success team re: how/when to download archived data, even after multiple requests by phone and in writing. Concur ended up disconnecting our site prior to making the download available, making it impossible for us to get to this critical data. We had to jump through countless hoops to get our site reactivated, download all the data, and then request another disconnect. In total, this debacle lasted almost five months. Could all have been avoided if the customer success team had communicated, responded to inquiries, and simply followed what I have to believe are well-documented Concur procedures for assisting clients through the disconnect process.

Alternatives Considered: Emburse Certify Expense

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur: Better integration with our corporate credit card programs

Computer & Network Security, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Automate Your Expense and Travel Management Program with Ease!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

SAP's fully-built integrations with Frequent Flyer programs, Lyft, travel agencies, and Google make my travel planning experience enjoyable and automated. I no longer have to worry about adding flyer status, marking calendars, upload receipts, etc. Everything is done for me by Concur, saving time and money in the process.

Cons:

The UI/UX can be a little clunky and slow at times. It definitely takes some time to get used to how things are laid out and how the workflows operate. But, once you get the hang of it, it's smooth sailing ahead.

Ilenia
Accounting Officer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

My Experience With SAP Concur

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It makes handling accounting easy and it handles expense management easy.

Cons:

Everything about SAP Concur is amazing. No issues.

Accounting Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Resource for Business Travel

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: So far, I would recommend it 100% for businesses wanting to consolidate travel needs for their employees.

Pros:

I enjoy the ease of change with SAP Concur Travel. My preferences are inbuilt into the program which saves me time by presenting travel options that most align with my needs.

Cons:

I would have liked to be able to use canceled points and tickets for personal travel when non-refundable business travel gets canceled.

Ryan
Outside Sales in US
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

Challenging to use

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It did its job and I didnt ever not get reimbursed my travel

Cons:

It is confusing to use. A few different buttons feel like the same thing so I frequently needed assistance from more senior users

Misty
Manager in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Customer service is terrible

Comments: We did like the platform (when the connection to Amex wasn't constantly disconnecting). It took some time to figure out all the bells and whistles and narrow down which we needed and how to pull reports to get the info we needed but once we did it helped a lot with expense reports.

Pros:

The platform itself is nice and for larger businesses, it has a lot of functionality built-in.

Cons:

Customer service is basically non-existent. No way to reach out via phone. If you have a problem or Q they strongly encourage you to read through the help articles to solve your own problem. The platform is a little tricky to navigate due to all the features they have (most of them useless for what my company needed it for) and the connection with American Express constantly breaks. We ended up switching to another expense management platform after five years of using it.

Alternatives Considered: Expensify

Reasons for Choosing SAP Concur: At the time Expensify did not have a bunch of features we needed to ensure all expenses were being captured, we ended up switching back to Expensify after they made improvements to their platform.

Switched From: Expensify

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur: Mainly we used to make sure approvals workflows for client expenses were approved by the managers of each project and ultimately reimbursed by our clients. Concur had rules in place where certain expenses were excluded if they didn't meet certain conditions set forth by our company.

Angelo
Associate Product Manager in Benin
Internet, 201–500 Employees

A Comprehensive Review of SAP Concur

Comments: SAP Concur is a great tool for managing expenses, as it has a lot of features and is highly customizable. The platform can be complex to learn, however, and customer support can be slow to respond. However, once you get the hang of the platform, it is an effective tool for managing expenses.

Pros:

SAP Concur simplifies the expense management process, making it quick and easy to track, approve, and book expenses. It also offers a great deal of customization options, allowing users to tailor their experience to their particular needs. The user-friendly platform also has a wide range of integrations with other software and services, making it easy to sync up with the solutions you already use.

Cons:

The learning curve of SAP Concur can be steep for some users, as the platform is quite complex and has a lot of features. Additionally, the customer support team can be slow to respond, and there can be a lack of transparency when it comes to certain processes.

Kristen
Executive Assistant to CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Streamline your expense reporting

Comments: At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels being the most common. And if you set the software to require receipts for a type of expense or a dollar limit, users will not be allowed to submit the expense report without attaching a receipt to the line item. It saves so much time from an administration point of view, and the interface is very user-friendly. I would give this five stars and recommend it to anyone, from a small to enterprise level organization. Now, on the downside, my current employer also uses Concur, but they upgraded recently to the beta version, and it is full of bugs. Some of the best and most convenient features have been removed, such as the ability to perform batch changes on expense items and the ability to see at a glance which expense line items contained comments. Support has been completely non-existent for the beta version and we get nothing but run-around and excuses. I have been extremely disappointed with the entire upgrade process and the level of response we have received. Thus, my less than five star review. I hope that they resolve these issues.

Pros:

Straightforward administration setup wizard Ease of importing receipts Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards Ability to customize limits and alerts Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons:

The Beta version is full of bugs Developers refuse to support the beta version Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

Julie
Controller in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Not Really Automated AP

Comments: Horrible. We told the product would work for our needs and we specifically asked prior to using the product that terms discounts would be easily handled. That was a complete lie. We specifically asked if it could handle multiple discounts for one vendor as we have several terms for just one vendor depending on the purchase. We were told it could handle multiple terms, which in fact it can not. It does not even calculate terms. We asked a lot of questions and our concerns were met with positivity that the product would work for our needs. Not so much. This is a huge deal breaker.

Pros:

Implementation was helpful and support was good, but the fixes from support were typically, "oh you will have to use this work around", or "no we can handle that".

Cons:

Too many limitations and the work arounds make it not an "automated AP processing". Has several limitation when it comes to the following items: Terms discounts, can not compute. Limit in invoice number extraction = 11 so we have several invoices where the invoice number was short by at least 1 digit and that is a problem when it comes to paying those vendors outside of Concur., since the vendor will now know which invoice # the payment belongs to. Too many mis match issues that are not easily fixed with vendor name/vendors codes and G/L codes. G/L codes need to be a certain number of characters so if you have an account with a sub account and another subaccount, they entire account needs to be reconfigured to Concur standards in order to be used. Can not post to ALL G/L codes, so the workaround was to create a "bogus" account so the invoice would post, then go into our ERP and change it to the proper G/L code, (thus eliminating the automated process). Invoice line level extraction is limited to 40 lines so if you have an invoice with 106 line items, it will lump it into one line item, which makes for PO reconciliation difficulties. Various other limitations where sometimes there is a workaround, but if there is a work around, then it really is not automated to begin with. i found I was babysitting invoices too much, so it really isn't automated for me.

Craige
Account Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

SAP Concur user - Field Use

Comments: Excellent. Concur software and Mobile App has made expense reporting easy. Using the Mobil App to do most of my reporting has alleviated time spent in the office and more time in the field selling.

Pros:

User friendly. As a sales Rep in the field, Concur allows me to easily log, identify, report and submit my expenses. Dashboards and reminders allow me to easily view what is open, submitted and or approved. Mobile app is well developed and allows me to do 99% of my expense reporting via my phone. The only issue i have had in the past was a receipt not attaching to an individual expense. Concur makes expenses an easy task.

Cons:

Create a file for receipt pictures. Instead of saving to my phone photo storage - or having to look for a receipt picture in my photo file, Concur should create a photo file exclusively for expense reporting via Concur. I believe Concur makes different capabilities harder to use than they have to. Most users (in my capacity) are using the same features every time so i should be able to customize my dashboard(s) with those features i use.Lastly, i have had issues in the past with a picture of my receipt not saving with an expense. Not sure if this happens alot, but it is troublesome if i delete the picture and or throw away receipt.

Internet, 501–1,000 Employees

Concur has the potential to be a great product, thus far, it has fell short of my expectations

Comments: Everything is in one place. Accounts payable, expense reporting, Travel booking and now Purchase Requisitions. People are used to the interface.

Pros:

I find that Concur is fairly customizable and has many modules which can touch many points of our business. We use Expense, Invoicing, the travel booking program, and am implementing PO's now.

Cons:

Hard to describe what I like least because there are so many things, compared to other programs, that I dislike. Though I am super disappointed after one year, with the Travel implementation, I think overall, what I am most disappointed with is the inability for Concur to know their own product enough to be able to support it. I say this because it's taken me about 6 months of prodding and research to finally get to a person within Concur to help my company implement Concur PO's. I was told that Concur can't do Blanket PO's and I just kept asking and prodding until I got to a person who actually knew that part of the system well enough to help me build a business case to implement Concur PO's. Thats just one example though overall, I find that customer support is geared to only answer obvious questions. They respond to specific questions by sending 34 page documents for me to read through in order to try and glean my own answer.

Sabina
Accountant in Czechia
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Easy management of expenses reimbursement

Comments: Very comfortable way of costs reimbursement. From requestors point of view as well as from accountants point of view.

Pros:

I like most how easy the process of reimbursement of expenses became after implementation of Concur. Everything happens in one place (uploading the documents, approval and then export into accounting software and final reimbursement). Thanks to the fact that different person is responsible for each step, there is a 100% transparency and control ensured.

Cons:

For someone who doesnt have any experience with similar software, it can be quite difficult the orientation first, but since each person tends to have repetitive expenses of same/similar type, its a question of time to learn how to use all the functions properly. Once learnt, you will never want to go without.

Sofia
Brand Manager Nova in US
Consumer Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Keep excellence in mind. SAP Concur is a game changer.

Comments: Trustworthy and secure. I am happy with SAP Concur so far. I highly recommend.

Pros:

SAP Concur saves time, energy and cuts down cost. I specifically want to recognize the relentless efforts I got from the help desk during my implementation stage. They are always ready to assist. Integration and launching was smooth. The software is quite updated with automation which makes it ideal for us.

Cons:

Good from all angles. I don't have complaints.

Roger
Sr Project Consultant in US
Management Consulting, 201–500 Employees

Easy way to track and report expenses

Comments: Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros:

As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons:

Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

Clayton
Engineer in US
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees

Software that gets the job done for users

Comments: Overall, Concur does its job well. I want to be able to book and expense travel easily and I have got that with Concur every time I have booked for the past few years. I would definitely recommend others to use Concur and, in all of my professional experience, have not used a software that performs better.

Pros:

I have been using SAP Concur for over 2 years to book travel and manage expense reports for travel. I have always found it easy to use and navigate, especially when booking travel. For international trips, I have found the customer service team to be prompt and extremely helpful. For domestic trips, the user interface is easy to use and I have had no issues booking both plane tickets and hotel rooms. I find that the results are up-to-date and there aren't flights "missing" from the Concur results. Expensing travel costs is also easy and usually uneventful.

Cons:

Occasionally there is some confusion with regards to reports. For example, some charges show up on a credit card as pending but never go through and Concur will keep them in perpetuity. Sometimes it appears there are extra expenses that need reporting. However, this is really minor and ultimately has never prevented me from using Concur successfully.

Kara
Director in US
Online Media, 51–200 Employees

Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool

Comments: Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pros:

The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Cons:

The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

Emily
Collections Manager in US
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

Travel and Spend Management Program

Comments: SAP Concur save time which improve productivity and in turn ROI by reducing manual accounting tasks.

Pros:

SAP Concur has all the capabilities that help automate over 90% of my daily accounting processes such as AR and General Ledger.

Cons:

Compared to alternative accounting programs, SAP Concur is a bit expensive.

Catarina
SAP Business Analyst in France
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

My Review of SAP Concur

Comments: I am the administrator of Concur in the company where I work, together with my team. We use SAP Concur at our company to manage travel & travel expenses. It was the best thing that ever happen to us regarding expenses & travel - very good management and very custom content in order to adapt each reality to the tool.

Pros:

It is very intuitive, very flexible (since we are connected to other systems and it works quite well). It is a tool that offers an endless number of features that any company would like to have in order to optimize its employee expense & travel management.

Cons:

The only cons against SAP Concur I find is that, being a person who implements Concur projects in several countries, SAP Concur only works with country specifications when these are legal requirements. That is, if it is not a legal requirement but it is a constant practice of the company, Concur does not provide it. I think this is a cons against the tool, since it leaves users unhappy and in need of more (most of the time what happens is that users gain some features, but lose others - country specifications - that were already automated in tools previously used). However, I love the tool and I think it is a great asset.

chris
IS Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Easily the best program out there

Comments: Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros:

Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons:

I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

" Concir"Best Travel Management by SAP

Comments: Over Experience with SAP Concur for the Travel Expense booking and travel request is very good and all the user is happy with the performance.

Pros:

Direct Expense booking is the good option which i like most in the Concur and the details report you can sent to the Approval by just a Single click ny send mail option.

Cons:

The commercial is the painful area in the Concur, really very high in the commercial.