About SAP Concur

SAP Concur takes you beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution that grows with your business

Learn more about SAP Concur

Pros:

It is super straight forward process when adding your expenses from any work trip and once you hit submit getting your money refunded is typically smooth.

Cons:

We were told that our cards would sync up, but they didn't and the customer service was bad. We really didn't even get to use the software as we never got through the whole onboarding phase.

SAP Concur ratings

4.2

7.8/10

SAP Concur has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 1,699 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used SAP Concur before?

Filter reviews (1,699)

Arvind Kumar
Arvind Kumar
Solutions Architect in UK
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

An easy to use software for expense reimbursement process

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

1. The UX is very good.2. It combines the receipts in a single document making it easier to view and manage.3. It sends notifications throughout the process.4. Performant5. The UI looks easy to understand and work with.

Cons:

I like this software because of its simplicity, performance, security, workflow, and notifications but I feel that UI can be more beautiful in looks.

Joshua
Associate Professor in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Concur makes expenses a breeze

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Compared to other software for this purpose, I really appreciate using Concur. Much more straightforward.

Pros:

Ease of uploading and submitting reports.

Cons:

Must upload receipts before starting the report - I often have to start over. (But that’s user error on my part!)

Mahmoud
Expert-Comptable in Burkina Faso
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

SAP Concur review

4.0 last week New

Comments: Easy use

Pros:

SAP Concur, is a software that is easy to use and easy to download.

Cons:

The problem encountered is that to start, you have to download with receipts

Karen
Student in US
Accounting Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Report/ Post an expense will never be challenging.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I am satisfied with the platform.

Pros:

This platform is very user-friendly in both mobile apps and computer website. With the mobile apps, you can post your expense in a minute. It's very quick and easy to keep all of your expenses in one place. You just need to open the app, take the receipt picture and store them in the app until you are ready for your monthly expenses report. Another most like feature is that if you use your company card, it will automatically post the transactions through SAP, you just need to submit the expenses.

Cons:

The least like about this software would be the submission process where the software is designed to ask you to fill out couple questions, such as: vender, business purposes, location, etc. This may take some time to click through every single submission, that's why I usually accumulate monthly expenses and do at one time.

Alexis
Account Executive in US
Biotechnology, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use as an employee!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I use this app daily for my expenses as a sales rep entertaining clients, and it truly makes my life easier!

Pros:

They have a feature called Expense It where it reads all of the data from your receipts and greatly reduces time that I used to have to spend on data entry.

Cons:

If receipts are in your photos app on your phone, you have to give permission to access more photos every time.

District Manager in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Time saver

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Saves so much time creating expense reports. We use this to book travel and track spending expenses. I love the mobile receipt uploading. This is a very powerful tool for any business.

Cons:

None, most issues we run into are company restrictions

Richard Erick
Richard Erick
Lead Advisor in Philippines
Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Expense Reporting Made Easy!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that I can take photos of my receipts immediately after then log it via the app mobile. Easy.

Cons:

The usual bugs sometimes impede uploading but is always fixed by regularly updating the app.

Ryan
Ryan
Executive Administrator in US
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

Great beginning but sadly not a product that worked for our company

1.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Mobile receipt upload. Cost Center Coding was good. This looked to be a nice product until we experienced issues.

Cons:

After using the product for 2-3 months we experienced an issue where transactions from CapitalOne Spark cards did not come in for 4 days. In those 4 days was about 50 to 100 transactions. We sent technical support our posted transactions for the time period since the statement did not close at the time yet. It took about another 5 business days to start seeing some of the missing transactions come in. Well that at point they duplicated and caused more issues for our accounting team. We decided to shut the product down as it was too much of a mess and we just started putting users on it. This is the only company recommended by CapitalOne for Expense Reporting and this was a very bad experience. I think they have a lot to work on to make this integration work with CapitalOne to allow us to come back.

Steve
Steve
National BIM/VDC Manager in Canada
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Clear Reporting and Booking!!!

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: This product is great for me and my team. I am looking forward to continuing to utilize it for years to come.

Pros:

This is a very user friendly platform to track, organize, and submit key expenses and book business travel in one place.

Cons:

Not a lot that I can think of at this time, it is a pretty sound product and nothing that I have been needing to do has not been available with this tool.

Tawanda
Tawanda
CWBTS in Zimbabwe
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Comments: Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros:

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons:

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Kristen
Executive Assistant to CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Streamline your expense reporting

Comments: At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels being the most common. And if you set the software to require receipts for a type of expense or a dollar limit, users will not be allowed to submit the expense report without attaching a receipt to the line item. It saves so much time from an administration point of view, and the interface is very user-friendly. I would give this five stars and recommend it to anyone, from a small to enterprise level organization. Now, on the downside, my current employer also uses Concur, but they upgraded recently to the beta version, and it is full of bugs. Some of the best and most convenient features have been removed, such as the ability to perform batch changes on expense items and the ability to see at a glance which expense line items contained comments. Support has been completely non-existent for the beta version and we get nothing but run-around and excuses. I have been extremely disappointed with the entire upgrade process and the level of response we have received. Thus, my less than five star review. I hope that they resolve these issues.

Pros:

Straightforward administration setup wizard Ease of importing receipts Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards Ability to customize limits and alerts Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons:

The Beta version is full of bugs Developers refuse to support the beta version Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

Maddie
Maddie
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

It's been fantastic to use, with monthly reports to measure progress

Comments: The company's customer service and accounting staff were always willing to help. For a simple operation, I didn't have to fill in a lot of data in the expense reporting UI, which I appreciated. It seemed that the processes for obtaining the permit were also working well.

Pros:

Since then, we've moved away from Concur's Expense and Travel modules. Whereas we won't go into specifics, our current Travel app appears to be a lateral shift, with some upgrades and some downgrades, while our current Expense app is an entirely new experience and I wouldn't consider going back.

Cons:

Many times, even the real people behind the scenes couldn't get the system to do what they wanted, so I had to work with the travel provider to connect things like my frequent flyer number so I could access my status-related benefits.

Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy & Innovation in US
Medical Practice, 10,000+ Employees

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Comments: Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros:

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler: -expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them) -the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated! - receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee). I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons:

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few: 1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it. 2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Accountant in Canada

Very helpful software with many useful features

Comments: My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pros:

The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Cons:

The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

International Tax Associate in US
Accounting Software, 10,000+ Employees

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Comments: Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros:

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons:

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

Renaud
CCO in US
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

comprehensive and easy to use

Comments: Overall very good experience and I have seen the product evolve positively over the past 12+ years

Pros:

this is the most comprehensive product on the market for expense report and travel booking with easy integration

Cons:

The software tends to be expensive with the add on options to the basic set up, such as travel bookings and others It may seems a bit slow to answer at time and the customization require some work with the SAP team , not always the best at customer service

Alternatives Considered: Expensify

Reasons for Choosing SAP Concur: Expensify iwas too basic for our needs

Switched From: Expensify

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur: better overall solution

Kristin
Applications Administrator in US

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that is somewhat easy to use.

Pros:

Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons:

User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

Program Assistant in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel

Comments: Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pros:

Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Cons:

Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

Roger
Sr Project Consultant in US
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees

Easy way to track and report expenses

Comments: Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros:

As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons:

Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

Kara
Director in US
Online Media, 51-200 Employees

Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool

Comments: Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pros:

The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Cons:

The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

Chloe
Project Manager in Australia
Events Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Submit expenses instantly

Comments: As part of the SAP suite, the Concur Expense platform ties in perfectly with the other SAP solutions. From a Finance perspective, this simplifies reporting and journaling processes and makes it almost automatic.

Pros:

The SAP Concur Expense platform removes all of the excuses when it comes to expense claims. Lost or illegible receipts, late claims - Concur handles it all. The platform can accept receipts by upload, direct email or via the mobile app. There really is no excuse for not being able to instantly submit an expense. The accompanying mobile app is great for employees that travel regularly. There's no need to keep a stack of paper receipts. Simply take a picture of the receipt as soon as you receive it and Concur will analyse it, upload it and assign it to the appropriate charge code, ready for approval and submission.

Cons:

There are times when the platforms struggles to identify the details on a receipt - the date, amount, item purchased. Given the varied nature of receipts, however, this isn't the norm and having to manually adjust an entry every now and then is a pretty good compromise. One of the features of Concur is that it will automatically assign the type of purchase to a receipt. For example, if you purchase a coffee from a café it will assign this as a Food & Beverage expense. While that's true, that may not be how every organisation categorises that expense. This requires the user to review each and every upload to ensure that the various fields have been assigned per organisation procedures not be the Concur default.

Catarina
SAP Business Analyst in France

My Review of SAP Concur

Comments: I am the administrator of Concur in the company where I work, together with my team. We use SAP Concur at our company to manage travel & travel expenses. It was the best thing that ever happen to us regarding expenses & travel - very good management and very custom content in order to adapt each reality to the tool.

Pros:

It is very intuitive, very flexible (since we are connected to other systems and it works quite well). It is a tool that offers an endless number of features that any company would like to have in order to optimize its employee expense & travel management.

Cons:

The only cons against SAP Concur I find is that, being a person who implements Concur projects in several countries, SAP Concur only works with country specifications when these are legal requirements. That is, if it is not a legal requirement but it is a constant practice of the company, Concur does not provide it. I think this is a cons against the tool, since it leaves users unhappy and in need of more (most of the time what happens is that users gain some features, but lose others - country specifications - that were already automated in tools previously used). However, I love the tool and I think it is a great asset.

Special Field Agent in US
Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees

i Concur

Comments: My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros:

It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons:

I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform. There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

Manager IT in India
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

" Concir"Best Travel Management by SAP

Comments: Over Experience with SAP Concur for the Travel Expense booking and travel request is very good and all the user is happy with the performance.

Pros:

Direct Expense booking is the good option which i like most in the Concur and the details report you can sent to the Approval by just a Single click ny send mail option.

Cons:

The commercial is the painful area in the Concur, really very high in the commercial.

chris
IS Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Easily the best program out there

Comments: Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros:

Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons:

I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.