Filter by:

• Overall

About SurveyMonkey

A market-leading survey platform.

Learn more about SurveyMonkey

Showing 8,794 reviews

Andrew K.
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer in U.S.
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Easy and Cost Effective

5 10 months ago

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend Survey Monkey for quick and easy survey creation. Even at the free version level, there are a variety of quality features that will make this program very useful for both collecting and analyzing data. The interface is incredibly user friendly, and when used in tandem with the mobile app, this product is very convenient and effective for basic survey needs.

Pros:

The Survey Monkey platform gives you a variety of ways to customize your surveys, including multiple choice, short answer, and true/false. It also allows you to easily duplicate previous surveys so that you are not re-creating templates you wish to use regularly. The platform also provides excellent analytics for reviewing responses and trends so that you can better understand and track the results of your surveys. The option to make surveys anonymous is also extremely beneficial for more sensitive topics. The best part is, all of this functionality is available through the free version of the platform. The mobile app is also incredible accessible and easy to use.

Cons:

The ability to truly customize your survey (logs, fonts, footers, etc.) is strictly reserved to paid subscriptions. The free version of the application gives you up to a maximum of 10 questions, so unless you want to pay the monthly fee, your surveys need to be very concise. For business use, a monthly subscription requires a minimum of three users at $25 per user. This cost adds up quickly, so unless you are implementing surveys very regularly, you may not see the full value.

Alternatives Considered: Typeform

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey: The free version had a majority of the features we need to periodic use.

Graphic Designer in Ghana
Fine Art, 51-200 Employees

A creating a survey, made easy

5 3 months ago

Comments: It's an experience. You get results faster than traditional method.

Pros:

Very straight forward survey platform. From questions to design, it does not take a lot of time to create. There is a wide variety of question and answer well liked by participating groups.

Cons:

You just don't get your full report on results when the survey is over simply because you're using a free version.

Doug N.
IT Manager in Australia
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees

Survey Monkey - Needs some improvement

5 12 months ago

Comments: Technically this is a great product but the customer service and support side of things is just awful. At one point it felt like a ghost business. If there is a phone support number I could never find it. Email response takes days and sometimes weeks. Use the product but hope you do not need support.

Pros:

Nice customisation available. Applying our own branding was fairly easy. Completing a survey as a user feels slick and snappy.

Cons:

I needed to deploy this via API. To get the survey results relied on Webhooks. That took me awhile to get right. What I truly found frustrating was the cap on API calls (500). To lift the cap meant taking our account to a commercially unacceptable price. Five times our existing plan to double our API. Calls. In addition it took weeks to hear back from customer service. They only got in touch after I went public on Facebook.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey: More options to inject responses back into our application. And we needed to tie responses back to an individual customer.

Jose M.
Lecturer in Portugal
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees

Still one of the best, although not the best.

4 8 months ago

Comments: It was mostly pain-free, with fast implementation and easiness of development. There's not wrong with it, and most users will find it adequate. Power users will be wishing for that little bit more; for me, that's essentially decision trees that could be more powerful.

Pros:

It is very easy to use and implement. Quite a lot of my students come to my courses already using it, and the structure and data collected are always useful. We can get up-to-speed on our data treatment in a very short time, and the analytics provided, although not enough for our courses, are also time savers allowing for a good overall picture of what our next steps should be.

Cons:

It has not been updated as well as some of its key competitors, it could use some form of redesign to take it to the next level. But it is still very useful.

Alternatives Considered: SoGoSurvey

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey: I started with Survey Monkey, but then I switched. Keeping my options open, though, and following with interest any new iterations of the software.

Aubree S.
Staff Auditor in U.S.
Insurance Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Love the free access to create easy anonymous surveys

4 2 years ago

Comments: Survey Monkey allows us to create quick and easy surveys to collect anonymous responses to determine how we are doing within our department. We use these surveys to get a better idea of how others portray us within the company and get an idea of what others would like to see us do different next time. This platform makes this possible.

Pros:

I love that Survey Monkey allows you to donate to charities just by taking surveys. This is huge for this company that encourages others to use this survey platform to create surveys as well as it encourages others to take the surveys to help contribute to charities at no cost to them. Survey Monkey gives you free access to create surveys and send them for others to take in a limited amount. They also offer plans for bigger organizations that plan to get back more responses than allowed with the free account.

Cons:

I dislike that you are limited to the format you can create surveys in. The formatted templates are nice when you want to create a very simple basic survey but it lacks the ability to really create a unique survey based on your needs.

Ravinder B.
Ravinder B.
CONSULTANT in U.S.
Legal Services, 501-1,000 Employees

SurveyMonkey - A tool to take feedback and then turn them into actions

4 2 years ago

Comments: In our business, we generally used free version to create simple questionnaire to collect feedback on trainings, projects and various organization policies. Given that surveys are kept anonymous, so we get huge response which served our purpose. So, even free verison is worth it and ease to use in organizations to turn feedback into actions.

Pros:

SurveyMonkey is an online data platform that allows organizations/individuals to take surveys on a topic and then extracts insights from the survey results. SurveyMonkey is super-easy to sign up and use even if you are a newcomer. Friendly and intuitive user interface. SurveyMonkey has some inbuilt questionnaire and templates on some of the topics which you can leverage easily. SurveyMonkey allows you to build your own customized questionnaire forms, so that you easily reach to a lot of people and seek their opinion. SurveyMonkey is available on both web and mobile platform and recipient is not required to sign in in order to fill a survey. Further, SurveyMonkey provides you insights upto some level even on the free version.

Cons:

The free version has very limited options, so you can choose paid plan as per your need. Difficult to create complex surveys, but you hardly need to create complex surveys. The survey analyze tool can improved further to provide more detailed insights. The softwares seems to support only a few languages.

Luke P.
VP in U.S.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Best and Easiest Survey Tool on the Market

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, my experience with SurveyMonkey has been really good. I was hesitant to try them out because I've had bad experiences with other survey tools but I was pleasantly surprised after the first week. I've been able to use SurveryMonkey for both in house surveys and customer surveys. This has helped me to find areas that need work and identify areas that working well. Lastly, I've been impressed with the customer service. I've had to call on them a couple of times and every time I do they are very helpful. I recommend SurveyMonkey for anyone who need a user friendly survey tool and doesn't know where to start.

Pros:

What I like most about SurveyMonkey is the ease of use. It is very user friendly and easy to set up. This was a concern for my executive team but once we signed up it was very easy to figure out. I also really like the analytics feature. I am definitely a numbers guy so I like to see how well things are performing and where things need work. I like that I can filter and compare subsets of my data. I especially like the ability to add disqualifying questions so I don't have to pay for irrelevant answers. This was a big problem before I was using SurveyMonkey. This feature alone saved me a lot of money.

Cons:

The only cons I see is that my team is having trouble with customization. We would like to add our company logo and color theme. Additionally, I would like to see a reports feature. This would help with analytics. Also, we are a smaller sized company so I think the price should be a little more affordable for small companies.

Hannah S.
Educational techniticican in U.S.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Survey Monkey Review

5 11 months ago

Comments: My overall experience with SurveyMonkey has been wonderful.:) It has helped identify which employees are unhappy and that is also the benefit of SurveyMonkey because we can make other employees happy.

Pros:

The features that are most impactful is the ability to ask employee how things are going.. This can help because you can see what is going wrong and what is not. If an employee needs to be moved in the workplace it will be easy to tell that because it will be written in survey monkey. The survey monkey tool is absolutely helpful :) The integration of the existing businesses is very easy because it helps indicate which employees are happy and which ones are not.

Cons:

I do not feel there there are any features that could be improved. I do not feel there is anything missing either. There are not any aspects of the product that are difficult to use. The integration with my existing business was not difficult.

Katherine F.
Head of Sales in U.S.
10,000+ Employees

Excellent interface and composition.

4 4 years ago

Comments: SurveyMonkey has benefited me a lot in conducting surveys for my company, previously the opinions we received were not to our liking and since we started using SurveyMonkey, we have noticed a reasonable and excellent change to our response statistics.

Pros:

What I like most about SurveyMonkey is the excellent interface it has, for a while SurveyMonkey did not have the same interface, the previous one was ugly and very unpleasant, thus causing discontent for me when conducting surveys. Since the interface was changed, I have now made progress in the comfort of my work and the surveys I do are more appropriate to the opinions I seek.

Cons:

Although SurveyMonkey is an excellent software and that helps a lot in the creation of surveys, I have not yet been able to afford the high prices it has in its last memberships, I would like SurveyMonkey to reduce prices considerably, would be a very accessible advance for all.

Scientist in U.S.
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees

Good for quick surveys

5 last year

Comments: We enjoy using survey monkey for company wide gauges of employee sentiment, allowing us to make powerful data driven decisions based on how employees feel. It is easy to use, both in terms of creating a survey as well as deploying and answering it. We can easily create a survey and send it out to hundreds of employees while tracking responses.

Pros:

We use this all the time to gauge employee concerns with short surveys. Everyone is familair with the survey monkey format so it was easy to use and didn't require us to get people to install new software or learn how to utilize the forms. It's great for simple surveys with multiple choice questions and free text, along with character restrictions. Easy to make questions mandatory or optional. Also, the surveys can be tied back to an individual ID if needed, so you can track survey participation while preventing duplicates.

Cons:

Although the design is good, one complaint that I get from coworkers is that the ending page for the survey always seems less professional than other surveys. Rather than having an end page featuring The company logo, it is the survey monkey logo. It is definitely not a deal breaker since we use it mostly for internal gauging rather than client outreach.

Crystal C.
Studio Operations Manager in U.S.
Media Production, 51-200 Employees

Survey Monkey for Business

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall I love using Survey Monkey over other survey software. I feel comfortable enough using it and I feel I really do get the information I need without having to ask a bunch of followup questions. Great software and will continue to use. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Pros:

I am able to make complex surveys and easily do what I need to do to get the best information I can from surveys. I have made several surveys and am able to do most of what I need with my current subscription. I sometimes need more branching and logic but that is rare. Easy to use and show others how to use.

Cons:

You have to pay for anything more than a simple survey and it is expensive. Even more expensive if you want more people to work on them with you. It is also more difficult to change ownership of a survey to someone else unlike other software where you can easily transfer ownership should someone leave the company.

Eduardo R.
Head of Sales in U.S.
2-10 Employees

Ease with which the baselines.

5 4 years ago

Comments: SurveyMonkey has benefited me a lot at the business level because I have been able to provide very good opinions for our company, I have been able to provide very well qualified and well-explained opinions that make our work status progress.

Pros:

What I like the most about SurveyMonkey is the ease with which the baselines are created, so that various things can be inserted into the survey, such as videos, images and many other things that supplement the survey and make it have a result of more feasible opinion, the ease with which the surveys are created in SurveyMonkey is unmatched, has a very well formed platform that grows comfort.

Cons:

The SurveyMonkey prices are very expensive, I would like SurveyMonkey to reduce the amount of money appropriate to buy the Premier plan, the last one in the list, in order to have a better and easier access to those features and the benefits that this subscription brings . I would also like SurveyMonkey to develop PC software, to get better survey control and better synchronization.

Auxiliary Assistant in Mexico

SurveyMonkey

5 2 years ago

Comments: Everything is going perfect with the software that we are using, very effective and easy to use. Clients seem happy and have no problems answering our surveys.

Pros:

It is an easy way to interact and see what costumers and the staff of the company need, or want. We use this software with our clients and with our staff, with our clients we use it to see how they would qualify our costumer service and withe the staff in order to see how everything is going in the company.

Cons:

The thing i liked the least is the way that people can connect to the URL in different devices and answer different times if the survey is annonymous.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Survey

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey: SurveyMonkey seemed easier and more friendly to use than Zoho.

Ryan W.
Ryan W.
Marketing Director in U.S.
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees

Everything you need for survey engagement wrapped up in a single service

5 3 months ago

Comments: I use survey monkey for event registration, satisfaction surveys, employee polls and in all sorts of other ways. It's a fantastic little solution that makes the job a tad bit easier.

Pros:

Survey Monkey is an easy-to-use survey and engagement tool filled with robust options and support for any project large or small. The free and low cost plans are great for small businesses, but we use this product regularly, complete with all of the bells and whistles. Respondent management, customization, simplicity... I have yet to come across anything as intuitive as Survey Monkey regardless of price point.

Cons:

Survey Monkey forms tend to look the same and stale after a while. I require refreshes fairly frequently. It's pretty obvious when someone is using a SM form even when white labled.

Evita G.
Evita G.
Program Manager in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

The most effective way to put together a survey

5 last year

Comments: I am using survey monkey to solve the problem of communicating mass messages to our volunteers and having them provide us with the resources that we need to help them. My experience is fair and I have not run into too many problems with the email append.

Pros:

I have been using Survey Monkey for years now and I like the easy and user friendly tools. It’s very easy to create questions and multiple choice and open ended questions. I also like the data collection after you submit the questions and collect data.

Cons:

What I like least about SurveyMonkey is the template choices if you want to create a newsletter or flyer. I think they should have more up to date choices. I also think that manually putting in emails when you are having trouble submitting the csv file can be a pain and needs to be corrected.

Marketing Manager, Law Schools and Large Law in U.S.
Information Services, 10,000+ Employees

A standard for surveys

4 3 years ago

Comments: Assessing user satisfaction with software tools, market research, and contest surveys. It's a great tool for any kind of user assessment.

Pros:

My team has used survey monkey for a few years. It's fairly easy to use, has all the question types you would want, customizable etc. It works well on all device types and the analytics are straightforward and easy to use.

Cons:

The design options and templates can be a bit hard to get setup well. Once they are configured, it's easy to use them for any number of surveys. Recently we have had trouble with some of the surveys loading slow. Support has been quick to respond, but has not solved the problem yet. Some changes to the user account structure has pushed many customers into a higher pricing tier or in our case, caused us to reduce the number of seats.

Elena C.
Employee Engagement Manager in U.S.
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Customer Service is EXCELLENT

5 3 years ago

Comments: EXCELLENT. EXCELLENT. EXCELLENT.

Pros:

Our company just recently switched to Survey Monkey and there has definitely been somewhat steep learning curve as we figure out how to design surveys to have results calculated and formatted in the way that works best for us. Overall the software is easy to use interface-wise and I know once we get the hang of it it will be a snap. But the purpose of this review is to commend their EXCELLENT customer service representatives. I have had to call/annoy their team about 15 times and they have taken tons of time to walk me through my questions. If they aren't 100% sure of the answer off the bat, they find it for you. You can tell they are actually dedicated to making sure their software works in the best way. They are survey nerds ... in the best way possible ... and clearly believe in their product. I've had them follow up with personal emails and links to interesting information they've found that might help give you more info/background on whatever you were asking about. With our enterprise account, we have the option to get a phone call from them and they always call promptly, are friendly and super helpful. I really cannot say enough good things about their team.

Cons:

There are some results format options that aren't available, but again, I think we just need to get over the learning curve and it won't be a problem.

Habibah M.
Habibah M.
Information Technology Support Assistant in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Gather survey and opinion

5 7 months ago

Comments: SurveyMonkey really helping me to collect data and opinion from user easily. It also has increase the rate of people that are participating to the survey as the survey form is quickly loaded and user do not have to wait for the survey page to fully loaded unlike other survey software.

Pros:

SurveyMonkey has a very good survey structure that i find it is easy to building a survey form or poll with it. It adopt a drag and drop system to building the survey and no coding or technical skills needed to create a functional survey form. The survey result are presented in data visualization which really help me to see the data-set easier.

Cons:

The template for poll survey form is limited and not have many choices unlike the survey form template. They should add more template for it as i am using more poll survey form than the regular survey form. It will also make the expensive premier plan more beneficial for me.

Chandan P.
Chandan P.
Business Owner in India
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Making dissertation easy for students

5 3 years ago

Comments: Helpful tool to get audience insight through social media/blog.

Pros:

While helping students prepare for their dissertation, we recommend Survey Monkey. It helps them gather data for their case study. Also, preparing questionnaire becomes easy with recommended questions that just needs to be slightly customized. Sharing survey on social media and personal blog too is easy and convenient in addition to a professional look. Students now say that they find it easier to prepare content for their dissertation/research study.

Cons:

Nothing to complain except there is always a desire to get more for free. 10 questions may not be sufficient for an in-depth survey leading to preparation of dissertation and so one needs to go for a paid plan.

Product Manager in India

Best preferred survey platform to create surveys forms or assessments instantly. Value for money!

4 3 years ago

Comments: Really easy to create share and generate reports and visuals based on the data collected. A great platform to use!

Pros:

This software platform compared to its competitors like Qualtrics and SoGoSurvey offers a better User Interface and a smooth end-to-end product flow. It is really simple to create surveys and assessments in this platform and distribute and generate reports based on the data collected from participants. The overall usability is also pretty well thought off! I would love to appreciate this tool for its simplicity and it's user-centric focus as it keeps the most important features used by the public in mind. If you wish to purchase this, there are various packaging options too and it's a real value for money based on the features the package provides and based on your requirements. For an Indian, I would definitely recommend this tool.

Cons:

The support team is really obnoxious! There are a lot of issues noticed at times and when we try connecting with the support, we don't hear instant feedbacks or resolutions. I personally believe SoGoSurvey does a wonderful job in this regard. Most of the features are missing as compared to its competitors making this a less preferred tool for k12 schools or other areas.

Publisher in U.S.
Online Media, Self Employed

SurveyMonkey Makes Forming a Group Opinion Easier

4 2 years ago

Comments: SurveyMonkey saves me time, introduces me to my new audiences and helps me quickly acquire information. Creating a survey is a better way to ask questions and get responses because recipients can be presented with multiple choice answers, short answer spaces, and rating of their preferences. Response time is faster than group emails. Add to that, I can visually and numerically interpret a group's needs and interests more accurately than simply reading random emails - if I got any responses from those.

Pros:

I like to use SurveyMonkey to poll a group for decisions and to prepare presentations that are customized to a specific group's interests. For polling, I can ask a variety of questions, using a variety answer formats. I tend to get answers back more quickly using SurveyMonkey that sending out group emails. Using SurveyMonkey is an efficient way for me to get to know a group I haven't met yet, but can use their answers to form presentations that meet their needs and interests.

Cons:

I do wish that there were more questions allowed to ask in the surveys without upgrading. Using SurveyMonkey is an efficient tool for me, however upgrading and paying for the tool doesn't make financial sense for me because I am a smaller business that doesn't use it often enough or need to utilize all of it's features to pay for it. Also I sometimes get overwhelmed with the scope SurveyMonkey can provide to larger businesses - I wish there was a "small-er business" version in scope and cost.

Braden W.
Marketing & Business Development Manager in U.S.
Machinery, 11-50 Employees

Great Choice for Businesses

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall SurveyMonkey gets a strong recommendation from me. I think it is a must-have for small businesses and/or organizations, as most of the surveys they would use (ie satisfaction surveys, or general follow up surveys) tend to be short in nature. Additionally, most personnel in small businesses and organizations usually a short for time since they perform numerous business-functions; so having the results automatically tabulated with minimal customization to present it appropriately, is a huge value add in exchange for a small amount of time.

Pros:

SurveyMonkey is incredibly intuitive. The User Interface is easy to master. I think the best feature is the analytics summary. SurveyMonkey allows you to access your survey results through a dashboard, both while the Survey is live and after it has closed. The dashboard also allows you to customize how the data is presented per question/response, which gives any user a lot more power to present the data in a meaningful manner.

Cons:

I think the only real draw back that I have is that the free version allows you only ten questions per survey, and limits some of the styles of the questions that you can include in your survey.

Yves S.
Yves S.
Senior Consultant in Canada
Human Resources, 201-500 Employees

Amazing little tool and still the best

5 2 years ago

Comments: We had to have a way to easly deploy and collect data for training satisfaction and chances of transfer. Survey monkey allows us to do just that very easily.

Pros:

Survey Monkey is easy to use, to setup and to manage. I use it very frequently to send post training survey and report to my higher ups and it is amazing. You have loads of option for branching and question types.

Cons:

The only con I would have to say is that the free version is very limited since you cannot export a report. They have to make money somehow so I get it but still a limited but functional reporting capability would be nice.

Employee in U.S.
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Surveys Made Simpler

5 3 years ago

Pros:

SurveyMonkey's surveys are very easy to make. With a wide variety in the type of questions you can use, and the sheer number of customization options for surveys, SurveyMonkey's surveys are top notch. The survey interface itself is beautiful. It's sleek and modern, and is easy to navigate, even for first time users. SurveyMonkey has allowed my company to receive feedback from customers, which has allowed for us to improve our customers' experience. SurveyMonkey played a large role in allowing for this improvement to happen, as it was the software we used to collect data from our customers.

Cons:

There are basically no cons to SurveyMonkey. It's very easy to create new surveys, and get them out to customers. The design of the surveys are modern and clean. I recommend SurveyMonkey for any company that wants more insights into their customers.

Licensed Professional Counselor in U.S.
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Very Helpful and Convenient for gathering data

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, my experience was very good. The fee for use was reasonable and without this software I wouldn't have been able to complete my research papers for undergraduate and graduate school. It's true.

Pros:

I appreciated how easy it was to customize the format of questions to gather information for our research projects. I also liked how easy it was to utilize the link for the survey and give it out to others. VERY user-friendly! I did not have any experience with such software before my first undergraduate research project, but had no trouble figuring out how to create a survey and analyze data from Survey Monkey.

Cons:

The feature I liked least about this software was that sometimes it was difficult to remember the format of each question and sometimes there was check boxes for some and "select one" bubble responses for others. It could be difficult to go back and forth and it required time and patience to go back and forth if I accidentally messed something up. If there was some kind of notice or guidance message that carried forward from one page to the next.