• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.2 /5

About Constant Contact

All the marketing tools, features, and expert guidance you need to succeed, all in one place. Create your free website today.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Showing 1,825 reviews

Lisa T.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-06

"We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!"

Comments: Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Pros: Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

Cons: The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-06
Selene M.
Publisher
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-26

"Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!"

Comments: Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros: As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons: While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-26
Sonia del valle U.
Analista de Datos
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-06

"The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact"

Comments: Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly.
It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.

Pros: Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from. Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns

Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.

Cons: I think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-06
Lisa M.
Global Marketing / Corporate Communication Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-08

"Great for emails...limited reporting/info available"

Comments: Constant Contact was a great tool for us while we were getting started with our email program. It's reasonably priced and easy to use and makes users look very professional. We just outgrew it and needed more in-depth marketing information so we've moved on.

Pros: Constant Contact is very user-friendly. With little to no training, users can easily create professional-looking emails. There are many templates to choose from and they, again, look very professional. It is perfect for businesses without designers on staff. Another major advantage is the pricing...it is SUPER reasonably priced.

Cons: A couple of issues...first, while I understand the need to manage contacts and spam issues, they can be unreasonable with blocking you from sending emails. People unsubscribe and claim you are junk mail even when you aren't...there's nothing you can do about it, yet you still get dinged for it. Second, you are limited in how much info you can see about users. We switched to another program that provides a lot more visibility into what users do, including linking to web pages visited. This isn't a fault of Constant Contact, it's just not a service they offer. Finally, be aware that there are a lot of challenges if you are sending to a lot of users with Outlook. I know that Outlook is difficult to work with, but many if not most business users use Outlook, so templates and emails have to display well there. It's a challenge with our new software as well...I don't know if anyone has really cracked the Outlook solution yet.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-08
Maggie B.
Development Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-26

"Easy to use and segment data"

Comments: I have used similar products from 2 competitors. I highly recommend Constant Contact. The ease of use, and data segmentation make this product far superior. The email templates aren't real flashy, but you can add colors and pictures and your end result always looks very clean. The other products I have used were not nearly as intuitive as Constant Contact and I found them hard to learn.

Pros: We have a lot of different email lists that we utilize. This products makes it SUPER easy to segment your lists and to send emails for different purposes. We like the reporting feature and find this very helpful in determining the success of our marketing efforts.

Cons: There isn't an easy was to allow others to forward our emails. The forward to a friend feature was removed a few years ago.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-26
Debbie A.
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-02

"CRM For The Small Business Owner"

Comments: I am very satisfied with Constant Contact. I have found their customer support to be top notch whenever I need help. You can just call them up on the phone and they'll spend as long as you need to get your problem solved.

Pros: Constant Contact is a very user friendly platform. From the very beginning I found it very easy to integrate my incoming customer database with their email marketing tools. The software is always being updated and improved so that it is competitive with the latest CRM technology.

Cons: Sometimes there is a big learning curve with the new improvements, especially in the editor. For instance, I find that with the new editor for emails you have to get used to putting photos in separate "blocks" otherwise they automatically go up to the top of your email. It's not a big deal, you just have to get used to taking the extra steps necessary to get your photo in the proper place.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-02
Jason L.
Director, Zero.Dot.Two Initiative
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-18

"I have managed the Constant Contact email/events account for a small not-for-profit in DC for years."

Comments: Constant Contact allows us to easily manage our email contacts and lists. It has saved us time by providing email templates that we can customize to our brand. The reporting the tool provides also gives us the intelligence we need to see if our list is growing or shrinking.

Pros: Great tool for a small business or organization to communicate with supporters and customers. Very easy to manage contacts and lists. Countless email templates provided, plus it is easy to create your own templates. Out of the box reporting on opens, click-thrus, opt-outs, and more are highly intuitive.

Cons: Tool does not offer marketing automation functionality, as in -- if an email is opened, but the desired action is not taken, automatically send a follow-up email in two days or if the email is not opened, automatically send a follow-up email with a different subject line and different customized content in a week.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-18
Marketing Manager
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-01

"Constant Contact is easy to use and has top-notch customer service"

Comments: Overall Constant Contact is a great solution for small to medium size businesses. The analytics and reporting is well done and a great tool to review the success of the campaign. They are built-in survey options are well designed and thought through. One of the best parts is that they have live customer service that you can speak to you on the phone when you run into an issue and they are always very helpful.

Pros: Constant contact is very visual and it is easy to build an email campaign whether you do it from scratch or use one of their templates. The interface is clean and intuitive. One of my favorite things about Constant Contact is the customer service. Unlike some other competitors you can actually speak to a live person on the phone and talk through your question or your problems. I also love their survey feature and they have a lot of options such as sending the survey only to people who have not yet responded.

Cons: It can be time-consuming to create an email campaign because there is a lot of clicking inside sections and saving. It would be nice to be able to edit all of the content within one box rather than having to edit an individual image, click preview, click save.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-01
Marketing Assistant
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-23

"Great tools for drip marketing and more!"

Comments: Overall the drip marketing works well and is easy to edit, customize, and add to as needed. I have used it for over 4 years and love the quick easy templates and the ability to use folders for past emails. The search function is limited as we send a few hundred emails each year and it would be nice to search for the subject or contents of the email to copy old emails.

Pros: They continue to add new features and make what works well even better! Their customer service is top notch and they help with even the most basic questions. When I was first learning their software, they never made me feel stupid for asking the same question a few times in a row. They now have many features of more expensive software but keep it simple for small and large business tools.

Cons: During some of the change to the newest version, many features were lost of changed to be more difficult to find. It takes time to learn the new features which were helpful but I miss some of the easy of use with the prior version. We tried to stay on it as long as possible but were forced to use the new platform to get some of the new features we wanted like drip marketing.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-23
Marketing Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-11

"Great Solution for Simple or Complex Email Marketing"

Comments: Overall, very positive. It's an affordable solution that scales as we scale. I now am approaching 39,000 contacts across several hundred lists - I'm able to keep everything organized by origin or demographic and then market to one or all of them literally within minute. Their customer service has also been top notch. My company's website faced a bot attack, spamming our contact forms and overwhelming our interface between our backend and Constant Contact's database. They quickly shut off this form, contacted us, and helped us resolve the problem. It was painless!

Pros: I use this software to share in-house designed eblasts. Constant Contact allows us to house, organize, and market to any or all of our different contact lists. I use it for general marketing, but also have the ability to get granular if I want to promote a trade show to a very specific segment of our contact list. Also, the ability to track click-throughs by individual contact is helpful.

Cons: I don't like the media manager. It's too many clicks to access the manager, choose a file to upload, confirm the upload, and then confirm that I'd like to insert that file into my eblast. I'd much prefer the ability to simply drag and drop right onto the eblast designer page.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-11
Jennifer T.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-19

"Constant Contact Review"

Comments: Overall I think this is a great program to use to make contact and stay in contact with your customers and prospective customers. It allows you to build relationships within specific groups and creates a professional and inviting identity for your business.

Pros: Constant Contact is a very user friendly way of creating email blasts to clients and prospective clients or customers. They offer many templates that look professional and creative. They also allow you to customize their templates for a more unique look. The analytics of the email is very helping to decide and design future campaigns based on past ones. I like the ability to create customized lists in order to track and chose who I am marketing to.

Cons: It would be nice to have more options for templates based on industry and themes. Cost is also a factor as you get higher lists it starts to become prices for a small business who has simply been able to get a lot of opt ins. Customizing the template can be somewhat difficult for anyone who is not completely experienced at using them.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-19
Heather C.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-07

"Drag and drop simplicity"

Comments: I was able to cheaply design a custom program for a website that tracked client progress, sent weekly accountability reminders and instructions. One person doing the work of 3? Constant Contact was able to make that happen.

Pros: The drag and drop format for building an email template is perfect for non-web design/developers. No HTML needed here. Also you are able to resize photos just by dragging the corner. I like how simple it is to design an email and see just how it looks as you go. New social media management - I haven't tried it yet but I'm excited about this great feature!

Cons: Limited (or only one choice) of how the sign up form looks and what options are included on sign-up. Unable to create custom triggers. Need more options on how to view data received by surveys, and how those surveys are linked back to contacts.

• Reviewed on 2017-06-07
Amy O.
Executive Office, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-11

"Constant Contact-Great for CRM & Campaigns!"

Comments: Overall we are pretty happy with Constant Contact. It is very functional for us with the paid version that we use.

Pros: I like that Constant Contact is super easy to use. You can add contacts, create lists, and create campaigns easily. I like that there are templates to use to make campaign creation easy. There is a "schedule" function to send campaigns at the most opportune time, which is handy as well.

Cons: I don't like that they changed how you can address "bounced" email addresses. It's a process to unsubscribe people manually and now the easiest way to avoid bounces is the delete the contact altogether-definitely not ideal.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-11
Tiffany B.
Investor Relations Manager
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-20

"excellent software for mass mail"

Comments: I like it very much because the price is low compared with others

Pros: its really easy to use and very friendly, the customer support is really good

Cons: that the features are very limited, I would like to have more freedom so I can make more creative emails with different structures

by Constant Contact on 2019-06-20

Thank you for your review, Tiffany! We are glad to hear that Constant Contact has been a good resource for your business. We strive to provide our customers with the best customer service and are so glad that this has been the case for you. We'd love to hear more about the features that you'd like to see us add as we continue to improve our customer experience. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 2019-05-20
Heather S.
Administrative Assistant
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-07

"Constant Contact"

Comments: I love the flexibility of being able to use this software anywhere. You can log in at home and preform the same task that you would do at work. It allows for organization and beautiful emails to be sent out.

Pros: I love that we can send out emails that are vibrant and colorful to our congregation. We love the options of templates and flexibility to modify them to work for us. We also love that we can organize email list within the software.

Cons: We don't have any issues with the software. It works well as long as you have internet access. I would not say anything bad about it.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-07
Thelma H.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-15

"Professional Email Marketing That Provides Expertly Designed Tools for Businesses"

Comments: My overall experience through the use of Constant Contact was highly favorable. I feel that consideration to revisit the use of this platform is possible since there were several components that delivered optimal results.

Pros: What I like and appreciate about Constant Contact are the Action Blocks. These tools were the most beneficial aspects of this software program. This platform takes communication to the next level of effective integrated systems. Having the ability to track real- time performance assessments through multiple forms of mediums such a Social Media, Websites and email is highly invaluable.

Cons: Although there were very few aspects of this software we ended up selecting an alternate software program that better suited our budget.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-15
Steve J.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-05

"Great for targeted campaigns"

Comments: We use CC to maintain ties with our customers (especially during pandemic) and are finally figuring out the balance between being present and being a pest.

Pros: The functionality of the email campaigns are great and we feel like we're just scratching the surface when it comes to their capability. We are able to use the data to better target our future campaigns and see what works and what isn't as effective. The tips that CC offers are very helpful and when a rep calls with some new tricks, we're always excited to give them a try.

Cons: There are times when we'd like a little more freedom in the design aspect of the campaigns themselves, but in general, very happy with the functionality.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-05
Jennifer K.
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-26

"So easy to use!"

Comments: Loving this! It makes my job so easy and keeps subscribers happy with updated info delivered on time.

Pros: This is so simple to use. I hadn't used this software before and came into a new job and was able to easily navigate and make beautifully designed notifications for our communication needs. The capabilities and pre-made template styles make it easy to keep designs looking consistent, but yet it's not so hard to change the format for a special campaign. We use this weekly to notify our subscribers and to keep them informed on what's going on in a very professional format. I really like that I have the ability to copy previous campaigns and simply revamp with new info, or I can design something completely new. Scheduling is a breeze and provides super reliable delivery to whatever email list I choose..

Cons: I would like to see many more fonts and layouts, just to change things up a bit. So with that said, maybe the program is a bit limited in that way, but still offers plenty of styles and fonts to keep things fresh!

• Reviewed on 2018-09-26
Ilysse R.
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-10

"Constant Contact is my go-to for email marketing"

Comments: Using Constant Contact, I manage email marketing campaigns, gather email leads through website signups and popups, and can gauge analytics.

Pros: What I like best about Constant Contact is the ability to embed forms on websites and create email automation.

Cons: Constant Contact can be a little bit pricey compared to other similar platforms, but it is a good quality for the price.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-10
Jeremy P.
Director of Operations
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-12

"Constant Contact is among the best email marketing services available. But it still has its flaws."

Comments: Overall, a good service that is above the rest of the email marketing software that is available.

Pros: Constant Contact is easy to use and intuitive. You are able to create beautiful emails with ease, as well as customize email templates to suite your marketing needs.

Cons: Constant Contact is often glitchy. While you are in the email editor, it will sometimes revert back to a previously saved version. It is also often difficult to format your emails the way you would like them i.e. picture placement, text wrapping, etc.

• Reviewed on 2017-06-12
Jared H.
Graphic Designer
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-30

"Constant Contact - E-mail Marketing with some hurdles"

Pros: What I like most about Constant Contact is the ability to relatively seamlessly deploy marketing and communication to your customer base.

Cons: The software at times feels clunky and outdated compared to other options/competitors.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-30
Database Administrator
Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-26

"Used weekly for an online mailing"

Comments: Sending out weekly emails with current lists that Constant Contact will update based on our previous sent list.

Pros: Very easy to create, send and keep track of mass emails. I like how we can get a new list with every email of who opened it, clicked a link, unsubscribed etc. really helped us weed out regulars vs. those not involved based on how actively involved they were with our newsletters. Also helped us get a better list of active emails vs. old emails with their reports on bounces, marked as spam, unsubscribes etc.

Cons: So far, I have not had any issues. The emails are send in a timely fashion, they look good with the templates we picked and we are having more people every week click on our links which is helping us see what is useful in our newsletter vs. what can be taken off since no interest has been shown.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-26
Steve R.
Vice President
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-30

"An awesome way to publish newsletters and event registrations/campaigns"

Comments: It's a great platform to reach our audience.

Pros: Constant Contact is great as far as building contacts and creating and scheduling newsletters. Provides great analytics with open rates and click data. Can easily design a sharp newsletter and can link the newsletters to websites and social media, which is a huge plus.

Cons: Sometimes the site is down for maintenance, or newsletters take a while to launch, but overall a nice platform to use for our purposes.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-30
Josh K.
Graphic Designer
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-08

"Oldest and Best Email Newsletter Software"

Comments: Constant Contact provided us with a way to send out newsletter or "coupon" type emails every few days as needed to update the customer base on what was available in real estate.

Pros: I went to a local free course offered by the company and they taught us several tricks. They run courses free sometimes, other times you pay a small fee.

Cons: Sometimes the email newsletters would not be able to be easily compiled by Microsoft Outlook, which many users use.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-08
Samantha L.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-11

"Constant Contact let's us draft and send clean looking emails to all our followers."

Comments: We are able to inform specific groups of people important information. We can reach large audiences or small audiences. Constant Contact makes it pretty easy to format attractive looking emails.

Pros: I like being able to send lots of emails to our email lists. It is extremely helpful to have a method for sending emails to targeted groups of folks on our mailing lists. It's great to be able to customize lists of our followers and send them useful information.

Cons: The actually creation of the email can have some funky formatting stuff happen that can be a pain sometimes. The text formatting will sometimes not let you change it when you send a test email for a coworker to review, the style of the font will sometimes revert to something that you didn't want. I also find that I have to create a whole new pdf outside of Constant Contact in order to format pictures that I want to put in the email. You can't really freely place photos, so I normally create the photo spread I want and then upload that.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-11