15 years helping Canadian businesses

CenterPoint Payroll Reviews

About CenterPoint Payroll

The payroll features you need to manage payroll for a growing business. Starts at $1,200. Best for 10+ employees.

Learn more about CenterPoint Payroll

Pros:

Cons:

Unless I've missed it, I can't change the order the checks print in.

CenterPoint Payroll ratings

4.2
4.6
4.4
4.4

8.5/10

CenterPoint Payroll has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 18 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used CenterPoint Payroll before?

Robyn
Business Operations Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Center Point Payroll for Small Businesses

Comments: If you are accustomed to using in house payroll and are looking for a good software. I highly recommend Center Point Payroll. The Aatrix solution for tax filing is terrific.

Pros:

Ability to do direct deposit for checks, and the Aatrix tax form preparation feature.

Cons:

Still waiting for a time and attendance partner solution.

7 years ago

Thank you so much Robyn for the wonderful review! We appreciate having you as a customer! I will check into the status of the partner solution you mentioned and get back to you. Stephanie, Red Wing Software

Jane
Business Office Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Great Support Team

Comments: The support is excellent. The phone is always answered by an individual and a support person is available usually right away. This is unheard of today but very much appreciated!

Pros:

I am happy that Centerpoint interfaces with my timeclock. I work at a Long Term Care facility and the employees work around the clock. Centerpoint is able to accept the upload from the timeclock and properly apply the shift and weekend differentials we have in place

Cons:

I continue to have difficulties with the PTO not calculating correctly. I have called 3 different times and got different answers each time.

Used the Software for: Not provided

Good basic product, but has the potential to be so much more!

Comments: While Centerpoint Payroll does our payroll well, it is seriously lacking in the reporting capabilities. Most of the reports are designed to be printed to paper and are not conducive to exporting into excel in a meaningful way. When exporting to excel reports need to be in a row and column format. By this I mean that a single row will be for a single record where the report will have many columns for each of the data elements for that single records. Most of the reports cannot do this. Give us a report writer or let us use a reporting tool such as crystal reports. The second half of my criticism is that Redwing does not offer a HR module that ties in with the payroll module. Human Resource modules share much of the same data with payroll systems. Redwing should recognize the unmet need and build a module.

7 years ago

John, Thank you for your review of CenterPoint Payroll. I talked to support and they suggested an option to export raw data to .csv. Also, our new online time clock may solve the HR functions you mentioned. For anything it does not solve, we can enter them in as suggestions for improvement. Please contact support; they are aware of our correspondence and want to help. Thank you. Stephanie, Red Wing Software

Theresa
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Remaining optimistic.

Comments: I like the wide variety of reports, however wish the set up was more user friendly.

Pros:

The ease of W-2 filing .

Cons:

Need better PTO tracking reports. Customer support should listen more carefully and not assume user error. The font of the screen views needs to be larger or at least be adjustable.

Jane
Office Mgr in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Pleasantly Suprised

Comments: In 2013 we switched our accounting system to a "shop system" which did not come with a payroll package. The "shop" system was a nightmare but they recommended CenterPoint payroll and I have been very pleased with the ease of use and the support I received getting it set up. I like it very much.

Pros:

Ease of use. When I have had to call support they have always been able to answer my questions and are very pleasant.

Cons:

I have not figured out how to eliminate inactive employees from the employee list when running a new payroll but I have not taken the time to call support to see if there is a way because I only have three.

8 years ago

Wow, Jane, thank you so much for taking the time to write this glowing review! It is great to hear that you are loving CenterPoint Payroll. Whenever you are ready, just give our support team a call and we will help you figure out the inactive employees. Thanks again! Stephanie Elsen, Red Wing Software

CARLA
OFFICE MGR in US
Farming, 11–50 Employees

Great system

Comments: It is very easy to use and understand, and i absolutely LOVE the support personnel! Very easy to work with, and if they dont know the answer to my problem, they keep digging until they can fix me and my issues......

Pros:

Support personnel!!!!

Cons:

None really

8 years ago

Carla, thank you so much for the wonderful review of CenterPoint Payroll! I am glad to hear that you love the support team, and that support is able to help you get any issues solved. Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are grateful to have you as a customer! Stephanie Elsen, Red Wing Software

Margareta
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

As a whole ....

Comments: it's a comprehensive flexible program that lets you personalize it many ways.
However, personally I have an issue I have not been able to resolve (even after contact with the support group...) . I need the program to calculate a garnish with a limit of 65% of NET pay... it seems no matter what I do it calculates 65 % of GROSS pay. (Frustrating!)

Pros:

Comprehensive.

8 years ago

Margareta, Thank you for your review of CenterPoint Payroll. I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having with the wage garnishment calculations. I have checked into this issue with the support team, and here is their response: You can setup a garnishment to calculate as a percentage of net pay by using the type="garnishment" on the deduction setup. On the employee's setup in the rate, you would enter the percent (65%), which would be the limit - it will never take more than 65% of net pay for the garnishment. Using the garnishment type for the deduction also allows you to set up a dollar amount limit (in the "up to amount" cell) and a minimum of net pay. So if 65% doesn't allow the employee to have enough "take-home" pay the deduction can be stopped before it reaches that percentage. I hope this helps! If you would like more information, our support team will be happy to help you. Thank you for doing this review and for being a Red Wing Software customer! Stephanie

Frieda
Office manager in US
Farming, 2–10 Employees

Small payroll user

Comments: I have found CenterPoint Payroll a very good solution for easily producing payrolls and tracking the information we want to see in our business.

Pros:

CenterPoint Payroll allows me to pay my employees, keep track of specific information about fields worked in, equipment used, department tracking, etc. It stays current with tax changes and allows deductions and has a variety of reports to mine information for tax reporting and payments and business analysis.

Cons:

Unless I've missed it, I can't change the order the checks print in.

6 years ago

Thank you so much for your review, Frieda! We appreciate your response. I checked with our support staff, and you can definitely change the order the checks print in. If you call support, they will show you how. Thanks for being a Red Wing Software customer! Stephanie Elsen, Red Wing Software

Robin
Payroll Specialist in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

One Change I would like to see on CenterPoint Payroll

Comments: Very happy with the program.

Pros:

Ease of use, once the setup procedures are finished.

Cons:

When you are creating a new payroll where you choose the dates - I really think "THIS FRIDAY" should be a choice as almost all of my, and I assume most user's, need that as the pay date. That way every payroll it will come up to that instead of having to change the date every single time.

6 years ago

Thanks so much for your review, Robin! I am glad to hear about the ease of use you've experienced. I have taken your suggestion and entered it as a suggestion within our support database. We appreciate your response! Thanks for being a Red Wing Software customer. Stephanie Elsen, Red Wing Software

Kim
President in US
Machinery, 2–10 Employees

Glad I have it

Pros:

I am not an accountant but a small business owner who does most of the office work myself. Having the support staff with Red Wing has been great. They are always willing to help me with a question or concern.

Cons:

I haven't had any problems with the program.

6 years ago

Kim, thank you so much for your review of CenterPoint Payroll! We appreciate your input and we appreciate having you as a customer! Stephanie Elsen, Red Wing Software

Sarah
Business Manager in US
Farming, 51–200 Employees

Bonnie Brae Fruit Farms

Comments: Amazing.

Pros:

It has extensive features and amazing customer support.

Cons:

It's a behemoth. We don't use a lot of the features in it, and it's daunting to search through the user manual to find something I want to look into more.

Roxanne
Payroll Administrator in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Center Point Payroll Customer Review

Comments: Easy for me to say it is easy now. I know I struggled a bit at the start but Redwing support was great and now that I have the hang of it it is a breeze. By far the best part of Center Point Payroll is the redwing support system.

Pros:

The expert support I can get at any time I run into a snag.

Cons:

Cannot hold my WC codes to the earnings codes so have to enter that each time

6 years ago

Wow, Roxanne, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We really appreciate your comments about the support team! Stephanie Elsen Red Wing Software

Carrie
President in US
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Payroll Product!

Pros:

The program is extremely intuitive. I've trained a couple of people to use it throughout the years, and it has been very easy to do. I just love everything about it!

Cons:

There is not one quality about this program that I dislike.

6 years ago

WOW, Carrie! Thank you so much for your wonderful review of CenterPoint Payroll! We really appreciate that! Thanks for being a Red Wing Software customer!! Stephanie Elsen, Red Wing Software

Accounting Manager
Used the Software for: Not provided

Works fine for payroll but anybody can do that

Comments: Fair to poor. Because of the above comments. Otherwise it would be great.

Pros:

It computes payroll just fine

Cons:

Reporting is just terrible. Reports do not lend themselves to export to Excel. Yes there is an export feature but it is useless if the report data is not one record in a row with all the data elements in columns. There should be a report builder or provide a data dictionary so that I can use Crystal Reports. This type of functionality has been around forever. The lack of reporting makes me want to go elsewhere. I do not want to seek out other solutions but all previous requests have fallen on deaf ears. We could really use a HRIS module which is integrated with payroll. There is much data there but it stops short of being the value added software that makes a customer want to stick with it. It would be another module you can sell. How about adding a feature to make the tax payments through the system? I think QuickBooks has this!

Stephen

Solve your Payroll Problems

Comments: We have used Red Wing software since 2000 and have been very satisfied. At the end of 2011 we upgraded from Red Wing Payroll system to Center Point Payroll. We had tremendous support from Red Wing Technical Support for the transition. We had an update where our Pay Run would not run and our Pay Date was the next day. Red Wing support stayed with us until after hours to get the Pay Run up and running. We are in Agriculture so we track a lot of items that normal payroll systems can't track.
Red Wing support helped us expand with their software that are largest payroll last year of 750 employee's processed quickly.

7 years ago

Stephen, Thank you so very much for your glowing review of CenterPoint Payroll! Glad to hear the support team was able to help, and that your payroll runs smoothly. We appreciate having you as a customer! Stephanie, Red Wing Software

Wilma

No Point Payroll

Comments: We purchased Centerpoint only for the emailed pay vouchers. This the only good feature, otherwise, I would have stayed with the RedWing version. It's hard to find reports and difficult to create one based upon your needs. We are paid weekly which I know maybe odd now days, but that was not an option, so I had to make adjustments to each salaried person every time there is 53 pay periods in a year. If it wasn't for technical support, I would not have made it through. I can not in good conscience recommend this product.

7 years ago

Wilma, Thank you for writing this review of CenterPoint Payroll. Sorry to hear about this issue - I've talked to support and they said you can indeed set up your employees to be paid weekly. Please call support and they will assist you in getting that set up correctly. Thank you Stephanie, Red Wing Software

Jada
Accounts Payable / Human Resourses

Wonderful

Comments: Our company has only used Centerpoint Payroll for over a year now. It is wonderful! So quick and simple to use. Our prior payroll service had discontinued its services leaving us to find another program to use. I am so glad we decided to go with Redwing's Centerpoint. They offer exceptional training and the customer support is superb. Thank you Red Wing for making our transition easy and enjoyable.

10 years ago

Thank you so much Jada for your wonderful review of Red Wing Software and CenterPoint Payroll! We strive to provide excellent payroll software, support and training, and seeing your comments is very rewarding. We are grateful to have you as a customer! Stephanie, Red Wing Software

Sue

Great product!

Comments: The transition to CenterPoint Payroll went so well and the software has endless capabilities. I have been on it for about 1 1/2 years. Most of my questions I can get from the online help menu and the few times I have had to call for assistance they are just awesome!

7 years ago

Sue, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of CenterPoint Payroll! We appreciate having you as a customer! Stephanie, Red Wing Software