Filter by:

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About TrainCaster LMS

Hosted LMS solution that comes with everything you need to create, manage, track and deliver quality online training courses.

Learn more about TrainCaster LMS

Laurie V.
EHS Management System Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 2011-11-16

"Great solution, great customer support"

Comments: Very nice and robust product. Very flexible solution. Excellent and proven customer service is a real differentiation from other LMS solution providers that we considered. Traincaster is an effective standalone training management solution at a reasonable price. It has proven to be very reliable an robust, meeting and exceeding our needs for the past 8 years.

Pros: The EHS training solution required an integration with other enterprise solutions already in place at MIT for managing classroom-based training. Traincaster staff helped us implement a web-based-training-only solution that integrated with our existing systems. Using its web-based training content development and delivery functionality very intuitive and easy to use. Traincaster is designed to be a complete end-to-end training solution, the development staff was very open to working with us to create an integrated solution to meet our needs. The WYSIWYG took the guesswork out of basic web training content development for simpler courses. For more complex courses the Traincaster support and development staff were very helpful and prompt with their assistance. Traincaster offers easy reporting capabilities, including options to export to Excel. These reports have been very useful for us for reporting on our web-based reporting metrics.

Cons: The only drawback for us is that it isn't part of our on-campus enterprise system.

Shari S.
Director of Training
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

"TrainCaster is a Go"

Comments: We reviewed many learning management systems. TrainCaster has exceeded my expectations. My representative is easily accessible to answer questions or review various components of the system.

Pros: I find TrainCaster to be extremely easy to use and manipulate.

Cons: At times they make upgrade changes that don't meet our needs.

Teri W.
Training and Education Director
  • Reviewed on 2015-01-21

"TrainCaster LMS - Perfect for Our Multi-Practice Healthcare Facility"

Comments: Medical Clinic of Houston is an Internal Medicine Subspecialty care physician practice comprised of more than 40 physicians and approximately 250 employees. We started shopping for a Learning Management System to relieve us of costly classroom courses. We also wanted to reduce the amount of time staff was spending away from their work area in order to attend education sessions. We selected TrainCaster because of its user-friendly application, tracking, and reporting capabilities. It allowed us to convert existing classroom programs to an online-format almost immediately. Our staff appreciates the convenience of completing their training online, at their workstations, and our managers like the 24/7 on-demand reporting capabilities. Our educators like the flexibility of the course converter and the ability to offer classroom course registration online. Our administrators appreciate the dependability of TrainCaster and the creativity of the support team and their willingness to make enhancements based on our needs. TrainCaster has been instrumental in taking our training to the next level.

• Reviewed on 2015-01-21
Operations Training Instructor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees

"Excellent program"

Comments: Good product and very prompt customer service.

Pros: TrainCaster provides for all our needs to track and store training records.

Cons: I have no problems with the software, it works fine.

Itzel P.
Training & Quality Specialist
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-28

"Exceptional customer service"

Pros: The software is user friendly & effective. One of the rep has been phenomenal, the times I have had a question, he gives me an immediate solution and at the same time instructs me.

Cons: I like the software in its entirety. I would recommend this software to everyone.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-28
Stephanie D.
Senior Account Manager

"Value of Traincaster"

Comments: I absolutly recommend Traincaster learning management system. It has exceeded our expectations both with ease of use and system dependability. Additionally, the Customer Service is the best in the business.

Pros: Ease of use
World Class Customer Service
Frequent Updates
Easy for end user to understand
Easy to upload training
Excellent reporting, tracking and monitoring

Cons: We are very happy with this LMS System. There are no cons (negatives) to report.

Joseph joey L.
Quality Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

"Traincaster Survey"

Comments: I feel like the experience is excellent. I took over as our in house admin when I started here in April of 2018, so there was a bit of learning that I had to do to get used to the system. But with the help and great customer service provided by rep, it made the transition very smooth, and with his help, I have learned so much about this system that I nor my coworkers or previous admin were aware of.

Pros: I like the reporting feature, and the feature to upload videos for a powerpoint are very helpful

Cons: When a powerpoint is incorrect, we have to upload a whole new document instead of just correcting the page

by TrainCaster on 2019-03-12

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the recommendation - it is very much appreciated!!

I wanted to apologize for not making you aware that when a PowerPoint is incorrect you only need to upload the corrected slide. To do so edit the course, upload the the corrected slide, delete the incorrect slide, click Move Pages and move the new page into place.

And now that we convert PowerPoint into HTML5 you can even edit the page directly to make spelling updates, additions, etc. - without needing to re-upload anything.

I can give a call to review.

Thanks again!

Theresa V.
Administrative Assistant
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-20

"Extremely happy with Traincaster"

Comments: Very positive experience overall. Traincaster helps our company keep training records organized and accessible to management in several district offices.

Pros: Customer Support is better than most. If I need any help with user licenses, or have any questions I receive a response from our representative in an extremely timely manner. Also very happy with the ability to add various courses to meet our needs and run reports for training compliance.

Cons: The only issue we have run into with Traincaster is that we can not future date courses. While it is completely understandable that it stops you from doing this, in our case we have some annual renewals that we would like to be able to enter with a future date.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-20
Diana M.
Manager Medical Writing
  • Reviewed on 2012-08-10

"MMS review"

Comments: The interactions I've had and what I've learned during the training sessions so far inspire me to believe this system will be very highly valued by our company once it's up and running.

Pros: The customer service has been outstanding. Chris Prah is great to work with and I will definitely recommend this system to others because of his excellent customer service.

Cons: We have not fully implemented the system yet, so I can not comment as to whether or not there are any cons at this time.

• Reviewed on 2012-08-10
Lennie K.
Administrative Assistant
Research, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-06

"Traincaster LMS is a user-friendly, flexible, and dependable product."

Comments: Traincaster learning management system is a user-friendly, flexible, and dependable product. Traincaster’s development and support teams always provide us prompt and quality service and we highly recommend Traincaster LMS!

Pros: We use Traincaster to offer online training courses, manage training records, monitor training compliance, and keep track of classroom training results at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. The development team at Traincaster recently worked with us to create an integrated solution to facilitate our onboarding tasks and they delivered a great solution that meets our needs along with excellent customer service.

Cons: There are some classroom trainings that we offer monthly and we keep track of these classroom training results in Traincaster. Users can sign up for a class on a certain date, but they may take the class on a different date. To credit these users for the trainings they receive, we have to first remove the users from the class that they had originally signed up for in order to add them to another class. It would be nice if the system could automatically remove the users from the class when we try to add them to another class.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-06
Vince P.
Director of Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 2015-01-30

"Implementation of TrainCaster at Dexter Magnetic Technologies, Inc."

Comments: Dexter Magnetic Technologies, Inc. is an AS9100 manufacturer of engineered magnetic solutions. Our QMS (Quality ) and HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) training management was being managed with excel spreadsheets, which required an overwhelming amount of paperwork and effort to ensure compliance during quality audits. We investigated several Training Management systems and after demoing 3 other systems that were complicated and expensive, we found what we were looking for at TrainCaster. The TrainCaster system is intuitive, easy to use for administrators and employees alike as well as being an extremely affordable solution for our small enterprise. A really substantial cherry on top of this already tasty cake is the customer support. The staff at TrainCaster is ready to help us immediately with both substantial requests (downloading our current training into the TrainCaster system) as well as small requests (where do I look to add a supervisor). Although we have only been using TrainCaster for a few months, we are very pleased with the software system and the customer service.

• Reviewed on 2015-01-30