About DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect empowers your team to work together, raise more money, and cultivate relationships that keep your mission moving forward.

Learn more about DonorPerfect

Pros:

Reporting and analytics help in planning for budgeting and understanding donor's giving capacity. The mobile app is very helpful in serving and recording donors' engagement even when I am on the go.

Cons:

Trying to figure out how to send donor receipts was the most difficult task for me.

DonorPerfect ratings

4.3
4.7
4.3
4.5

8.7/10

DonorPerfect has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 755 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used DonorPerfect before?

Brett
Brett
Office Administrator in Canada
Fund-Raising, 11-50 Employees

DonorPerfect for the Smaller Non-Profit

Comments: I highly, highly recommend, DonorPerfect, and am currently attempting to have my present employer switch to it from a far less intuitive donor database. I honestly cannot sing the praises of DonorPerfect enough. It is a donor database designed by fundraisers, who continuously accept input from other fundraisers.

Pros:

There is so much to love about DonorPerfect. After 10 years in professional fundraising, working with everything from the most-known donor database to numerous smaller ones, DonorPerfect really is perfect. It's extremely intuitive, and extremely customisable. During my training, I was actually jumping ahead of my trainer, and ended up not using a full two hours of the training DonorPerfect provides. Furthermore, I was able to quickly and easily train others on how to use the database.

Cons:

There was one quirk around using Tab, where it would skip a field near the top of the main Constituent page, then jump back up to it. I never did figure out how to work around that issue.

4 years ago

Thank you Brett for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear how easy you found the system to learn. The Technical Support Department is available to assist with any questions you may have when working in the system. Please reach out to them about they issue you are experiencing when using the Tab key. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Nancy
Assistant Director in U.S.
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

Easy to Use and Get Up to Speed Quickly

Comments: Our first year has gone extremely well. Everyone was able to get up to speed quickly. Even pitching in to help with gift entry during the busy season with little to no experience was easy. I wish there was more customization available with reporting or even some ways to build more complex filters. We may purchase Smart Analytics to move into a deeper dive with our data.

Pros:

DonorPerfect is easy on the eyes. The large font makes data entry and reviewing records very easy, which is important when you are in the database most of the day. The program is pretty intuitive and very easy to navigate. Trainings are important and for the most part, very good. I like being able to run a report and click on a name or gift in the report and go directly to the donor record to gather further information.

Cons:

The product's "Knowledgebase" feature is lacking. The glossary of terms in almost empty. It's difficult to find resources to solve problems or just to look up a "how to". Chat support is very helpful when you get the right person. Most are patient and very informative. As far as customization - the main complaint I have is that we have to use DP's criteria for lapsed and active donors. DP has some wonderful packaged reports, but they are useless for us because our definitions of lapsed, lost or recaptured are different. They also do not capture soft credit information on these packaged reports.

Eliza
CMO in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Migrated from RE and never looked back!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Our experience has been great.

Pros:

Much more user friendly than the competition.

Cons:

Batch upload of online giving gets stuck sometimes.

Alternatives Considered: Bloomerang

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect: Previous product was unwieldy, difficult to use, and far more complicated than was worth our time and monney.

Switched From: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect: Online giving automatic upload, usability, cost

Associate Director, Four Diamonds in U.S.

Outdated UI,

2.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: DonorPerfect is a perfectly fine CRM, but seems to be about 5-10 years behind on a lot of the other solutions. While I understand the strategy that some non-profits don't want to pay for everything, it's jarring to go to a place on admin panel of the site and then get hit with what equates to a pop-up ad to upgrade the subscription. The support team isn't too supportive unless you The

Pros:

DonorPerfect has a good ecosystem of support materials for non-profits. There are some decent integrations with constant contact and other vendors.

Cons:

DonorPerfect's donation forms have terrible aesthetics. There is also a constant push to upgrade your subscription, and a limit on the number of records.

2 weeks ago

Hi DonorPerfect User, I have great news! We are close to releasing our brand new forms, and I would love the opportunity to share all of the great new features with you. The new forms will be available at no additional cost for our new and existing DP Online Forms clients! Our pricing has always been designed with our client's best interests in mind. Our goal is to put our clients in the driver's seat when choosing the extras for their DonorPerfect CRM. However, we are always listening and our new pricing is more feature rich while keeping the flexibility we love to offer. We would be happy to provide you with a pricing review. I apologize you had that support experience. I would love to have additional feedback about your support interactions. We always appreciate it when our clients take the time to help us improve the customer service experience for all of our clients. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Marla
Chief Mission Advancement Officer in U.S.
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees

DonorPerfect is the perfect reason to leave Raisers Edge

Comments: I have never wavered on selecting DonorPerfect when we wanted to get out of RE. There is no reason to continue to pay excessive fees when the quality and performance of DonorPerfect is exceptional.

Pros:

The cost and ease of use for DonorPerfect is much appreciated.

Cons:

There is a little quirkiness in a few reports and treating monthly recurring as pledges but all can be worked through.

Alternatives Considered: Bloomerang

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect: Too Expensive! Not user friendly! Customer Service lacking! And did I say Too Expensive!

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect: At the time, it was due to reporting availability.

Caroline
Executive Director in U.S.

Donor Perfect is Perfect for Non-Profits

Comments: We love the customer service and the ease of use.

Pros:

The software is east to use and allows you to generate financial reports in a flash! It is also very easy to add your own custom fields.

Cons:

I wish the Auction software that integrates with Donor Perfect was better equipped for events. We were sold on using it as an included package and had to stay with OneCause, which costs us extra money. OneCause is a better fundraising event partner for online auctions.

Stacy
Stacy
Executive Assistant in Canada

It's full of surprises

Comments: Overall, I get excited anytime I learn a new thing on DP. There's so much we can do with the program.

Pros:

I like using DP because it has so many ways to track and maintain records. You can have everything in one place.

Cons:

We have some major issues with receipting last year.

Angela
Director of Development in U.S.
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Great Value for the Investment

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The Donor Perfect experience has been great. They have great product, fully supported by knowledgeable support staff.

Pros:

Donor Perfect is a robust donor management product. It has many features, many of which we are still learning to utilize after 2 years.

Cons:

The reporting aspect takes some intuitive work as well as support from Donor Perfect. Because there are so many aspects you have to be thoughtful in pulling together information.

Alternatives Considered: Razor365 Contract Management and FACTS

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect: Facts Giving, while integrated with our school software was in the beginning stages and could not meet our needs.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect: They offered a great product.

Jessica
Assistant Director of Operations in U.S.

A fantastic CRM for nonprofits

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I use DonorPerfect every day to track all of our donors and their donations and I love it! The platform works extremely well to track not only the donors but the different contacts that are made. I like the fact that we can customize the fields without needing to call in and pay more. Very user-friendly.

Cons:

The payment processing could use an update to the newer nonprofit standards and designs but they are adapting, just more slowly than others.

Christine
communications specialist in U.S.

DonorPerfect

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Pulling reports is useful and I love being able to customize exactly which filters/search parameters as needed.

Cons:

Imports are not always intuitive, sometimes also not smooth integration with Constant Contact

Labin
Labin
Executive Vice President for Institutional Advancement in U.S.
Fund-Raising, 11-50 Employees

A solid solution for a competitive price

Comments: We've had a very good experience with DonorPerfect. We moved from Raiser's Edge, and our team has been very pleased with the capabilities of the platform over the past several years.

Pros:

Implementation Customer support Thoughtful product design Recurring giving support Donor contact tracking Donor record display Online giving form integration User administration and settings controls Detailed control of reporting via SQL Scheduled reports

Cons:

No current integration with MailChimp No current integration with Zapier Dashboards can be a little cumbersome to set up

Alternatives Considered: Kindful, Classy and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge was both cost-prohibitive and needlessly cumbersome to use, onboard, and customize.

Switched From: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect: DonorPerfect offered a better mix of CRM capabilities and it had a proved track record in the industry.

Kim
Director in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Look no farther! If you've found Donor Perfect just take it for a test drive and then buy!

Comments: We are a small non profit that has a huge database. The ease with which we can utilize the same records in one office in the USA and a second office overseas is incredible.

Pros:

I love every feature Donor Perfect has to offer! They make it so easy to run and manage over 30,000 records with ease. All databases cost something, it was a hard adjustment to make paying the monthly fee, however, I found that it was my most worthwhile and least expensive employee. Paying for Donor Perfect solved so many problems and made every employee's job so much easier. We didn't know what we were missing until we tried Donor Perfect.

Cons:

I can't think of one thing that I really dislike about Donor Perfect. The email feature is a little weak, but we knew that going in, and there are work arounds. It works!

Keegan
Donor Relations in U.S.

Donor Perfect Review

Pros:

Donor Perfect is extremely user friendly. Anyone can do basic functions like looking up a donor or adding a contact. This makes it a valuable tool for development departments.

Cons:

While, Donor Perfect has come a long way in the last few years, the reporting functions still are not as strong as Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge. Also, my pet peeve is you are unable to copy a gift (which is annoying when you receive the same allocations monthly).

Alternatives Considered: Neon CRM and Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect: I was hired to transition from Results Plus, which was just a old, glorified accounting software, to find the right database for our donor engagement needs. Donor Perfect was a great option as I don't believe we are big enough of an organization to warrant the purchase of Raiser's Edge, but still provides very nice reporting and analytic output.

Switched From: ResultsPlus

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect: Donor Perfect fit the needs of our organization without breaking the bank.

Maria
Donor Services Coordinator in Canada
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

Your life is easier at work with Donor Perfect

Comments: I have enjoyed it very much so far. It requires training, but it becomes a handy resource that helps you do your job once you understand it. Sometimes with only a couple of clicks and you will get all the information you need. It has also been vital when submitting reports for auditing and partial/annual reports. It makes my life easier at work. I wouldn't no like to imagine doing all of the work without it. I haven't found time to explore more, for instance, digging about the merchant the system uses for credit cards and debits, the fees per transaction, and if it can be used in different countries beyond the US. It also means that I am not using it at its full capacity.

Pros:

DP is a system that provides a wide variety of functions and characteristics that will help any fundraiser or donor coordinator to complement their work. In addition, it is a helpful resource for any organization managing campaigns year per year and tracks and understands how well the organization is doing. In my work, managing different campaigns and using the correct filters to download reports are vital. I've found the default reports in the system very useful, especially those related to metrics (e.g. AFP). It also has provided me with the opportunity to create new ones according to our needs. We are a complex organization, and if I didn't have these tools at hand, I would have to spend many, many hours to complete a job.

Cons:

Sometimes I find challenging to find information as I need to look for it with specific terms.

Karen
Development Director in U.S.

Happy with DonorPerfect

Comments: Overall, it's been much easier to segment our donors and personalize their experience. We feel much more confident using DP than our previous software, because it's easier to pull reports, etc.

Pros:

Setting up DP was very easy and we were able to customize several field. The ability "globally update" has proven to be a very useful tool. We like the ability to customize our pages to suit our needs.

Cons:

Some of the add-ons are too expensive for our organization to purchase, however, we can see how those tools would be useful, so it's a bit frustrating.

Alternatives Considered: Little Green Light

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect: Too complicated and really didn't fit the needs of a non-profit.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect: Ease of use and years of experience with non-profits.

Megan
Chief Philanthropy Officer in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

A good decent fundraising software

Comments: Overall, DonorPerfect is a perfectly acceptable fundraising CRM database. My agency used it for over 10 years but we have recently transitioned to a new database (and having all new problems there). When we were smaller and didn't require so much data management this was a wonderful database. But now that we have so many constituents, we track donors, volunteers, inkind donors, customers, memberships and soft credits all while having a very active direct mail calendar. It simply became too much for the system - we needed more automation, more accurate pulling (but now we are finding how much we miss their customizing), a more modernized system for social media platforms and the ability for donors to have their own login access. I'd recommend this software to many agencies. Overall - the support us hands down the best, the product is good and at the end of the day chances are if you don't like something you can change/customize it.

Pros:

DonorPerfect has some good capabilities and is highly customizable. The software does a good job of tracking donors and volunteers and a decent job of tracking memberships. It has all of the money (gifts, memberships, in kind donations, soft credits, etc. in one screen that is helpful). It links accounts well. The SofterWare (payment processor) was fair, easy to use and do refunds, and was able to do minimal reporting. WebLinks (donation pages) are fairly customizable, there are certainly more updated looking forms out there but it was a very dependable and we were able to rename headers, and make forms for our unique needs. This is a VERY affordable product (our new one is double the cost) and you get unlimited constituents. The support is available, helpful, timely and great. The chat function was a lifesaver. If ever you were struggling with pulling a report, or how to customize something you could chat and they would tell you how to do it but they'd also just pull the report for you if you were in a time crunch. Their support was the hardest part to leave.

Cons:

Our biggest con was reporting. We could run the same report (two different users) and not always get the same results. Each report was off by a few constituents. We left DonorPerfect because of this. When we did our data migration reports there were several constituents that were left off and we had to go back to our new system and manually put them in from DonorPerfect. It was the ultimate reminder that we had outgrown the database. We had DonorPerfect before it was cloud based and it was wonderful for our smaller database but as it grew in size that's when we started to struggle with reporting. Another struggle we had was as we got bigger we needed a more sophisticated stewardship platform for moves management. Bizarrely it didn't feel this was a focus for DonorPerfect, they tout having automatic processes but this wasn't entirely accurate. It was automatic, after you processed or did a few steps.

Jessica
Development Associate in U.S.
Performing Arts, 11-50 Employees

Ideal CRM for Mid-Size Nonprofits

Comments: DonorPerfect offers everything we need in a CRM database. The phone app, while not offering everything you get from the full site, is more than sufficient for plugging in to get information on the go.

Pros:

Donor Perfect is very user-friendly. The Quickbooks integration is vital. Constant Contact integration is a feature we never knew we needed.

Cons:

There are some limitations in reporting that can usually be worked around in some way, but can feel like you're coding more than running reports. That area is less user-friendly for our older employees.

Alternatives Considered: Neon CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect: We had Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge, with an annual Blackbaud bill in the high tens of thousands. Switching was initially a way to save money, but after converting to DonorPerfect and Quickbooks it's clear that they are both superior softwares for our use. As a mid-size nonprofit, RE and FE now feel like they are more conducive to very large organizations. We just weren't using that much of the software. RE felt dated in its interface and cumbersome to learn/manage. DonorPerfect training was straightforward and the software offers everything we need to manage our database successfully.

Switched From: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Foundation Development Associate in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Great option for small non profits that want it all!

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend Donor Perfect. It's a great system if you want a robust CRM with fundraising capabilities. I thas a lot of the same functionality you would see in larger systems like Razor's Edge, but for a significantly more affordable price point. As someone who helped implement the system, uses it daily as an administrator and user, this is a great system. We have previously used Sage Fundraising 50 and Abila Elevate, so this is a huge step up for us without breaking the bank.

Pros:

Donor Perfect has a lot of pros! It's a cloud-based platform so you can access it anywhere, even from your mobile device. There are a lot of add on features available, including ReadySetAuction and Constant Contact so that you can manage events and communications within one system. You have the ability to set up your own giving pages for various events, scholarships, or specific giving appeals (such as Giving Tuesday, Give Big Day, etc.) The reporting feature is extremely robust and can give you pretty much anything you want if you know how to ask for it. Another great feature is data import... if you have monthly payroll donors that may change one or two additions/drop-offs a month but need to regularly import large amounts of data with simply a check number and date change difference from the last import, you can do it all in less than 30 seconds after the initial document is set up. Overall, what I like most about this system is that it's affordable and offers all the bells and whistles that you get with the more expensive softwares, but for significantly less.

Cons:

The system can be overwhelming for new users, especially if you don't have the paid support feature or the time to dig through their help pages. There are a lot of add on features, but they all come with a price. It can be pretty expensive for small nonprofits that only have a handful of employees or one or two people that are using the system. Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features. We do not use it for events management as a result.

3 years ago

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you would recommend the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Sue
Grants and Community Development Director in U.S.

Support is Donor Perfect's Hidden Gem

Comments: Its been terrific to have all our constituents' contact information in one place, no matter how they became connected with AutismUp. I used to spend days collecting info from various people and files in order to build a mailing list. Now it takes less than 10 minutes to export a mailing list. And its already de-duped because I've used the Duplication Removal feature in Donor Perfect. Having the ability to find (report on) lapsed donors, compare fundraising results from year to year for annual events, and create flags and fields to make any kind of grouping we want is critical, but very difficult and error prone with excel spreadsheets - they way we used to do it. Donor Perfect makes it easy!

Pros:

Tech Support is fantastic! Always friendly, helpful, knowledgable. They encourage you to call with any questions, not just problems. The training videos, knowledgebase articles and online community are great for learning, but when you need an answer fast, or can't find the right search term for the knowledgebase, Support will help you learn how to accomplish what you want to do. You can reach them via phone, chat, or email.

Cons:

We would love to be able to use DonorPerfect for tasks beyond donor management - for all of our program and event registrations and payments, but need more flexibility in online forms to make that practical.

Alternatives Considered: Neon CRM, Daxko Operations and Little Green Light

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect: Donor Perfect had the features we needed, was established & highly rated, reasonably priced, and we could get unlimited support easily and at a fairly low price.

3 years ago

Sue, Thank you for the great review. I couldn't agree with you more than the Technical Support team is Fantastic. They are always happy to help. Please reach out to the Client Relations Team for questions about other features and add ons for the system. The CRS team can be reached at (800) 200-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kelly
Executive Director in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

The perfect software for us

Comments: Your software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.

Pros:

DonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.

Cons:

The only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

Alternatives Considered: Blackbaud CRM

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect: functionality and costs. I've used both and DonorPerfect exceeds our needs and a lower costs.

3 years ago

Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Janette
Admin. Assistant / Donor Recipting in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Great program for donor receipting

Comments: I really like the support for this software. They are very responsive when you have a problem and they have a lot of information online so you can look up your own answers and when you want to "dive in" really deep in understanding the program. If you just need to look up how to export information, you can look that up online and follow step by step. You can also customize your export of information so if you only want a name and address, you can get it in the form you want (either in excel or word). You can also add any field to that export that you desire.

Pros:

I like that I can add fields on the fly and be able to report on those fields. This is great for tracking anything you want to track with your donors. I love that I can have a multitude of thank you letters ready to merge at the same time. I've worked in software that only allowed a few letters. This way, a thank you letter with receipt at the bottom to a specific campaign can come out in the same batch as a regular thank you letter with receipt. We have total control over the look and feel of our receipt letters. I like that I can use a batch system so I can reconcile with our accountant but you can also enter gifts directly in a person's record if you don't need to track that way. I really love that I can add items to my batch file, like a consent sent in with a gift that we can publish their name. I can also have my batch file come out the way that is most helpful for our organization, and each organization can individualize it as well.

Cons:

The first time through running year-end summaries for our donors took a bit of a learning curve to set it up the way we wanted it to display but support was very helpful when I "got stuck". In the few years I've been working in the program, that process has improved.

3 years ago

Janette, I love to read that you are taking advantage of so many of the features offered in the system. Receipting Donors quickly is important to keep your Donors loyalty and DonorPerfect has perfected the process! Like you mentioned. a multitude of thank you letters can be created and ready to merge at the same time. Thank you for the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Development Specialist in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Donor Perfect Review

Comments: I don't think we did a great job of tracking donor retention rates or lapsed donors before. Now with DP we are easily able to run the reports and be more proactive with those individuals.

Pros:

I like that it is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. It's incredibly helpful when volunteers are helping or new people come on board. I also love the ease of pulling reports. They have so many prebuilt reports to chose from by I can also quickly and easily create my own and even better I can edit it if I don't get it right the first time. I'm constantly learning new tricks and tools as I gain confidence with the system and as our needs change as an organization. We've had the system for a little over two years and last year I didn't know I could easily generate different data and charts for our Annual Report, learning that made life so much easier. I also have to rave about the support team because so often I feel like I am calling with a basic or dumb question but they are always nice, walk me through it and then send a follow up email with the instructions in case I forget. They are so kind and patient!

Cons:

It's never that I don't like the system but more than I have to learn how to get it to do what I need. My brain thinks it should work one way but they have the system programmed to operate another. It's more just spending time in the system and learning all the different ways it works and can work for you. One thing that drives me out is when it logs me out. If I've been out of the program for a little bit I can understand, it's frustrating but I do understand. What I don't understand is when I'll literally be in the middle of entering a gift or something and it will log me out, forcing me to start over. Not the worst thing in the world but still vexing at times. I also wish that the Company Name & the individuals Last Name didn't pull from the same data point so it was a little easier to run mail lists but I've found workarounds in excel once the report is pulled.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read you are enjoying using the system and all the different ways it has benefited your organization. The support team is always happy to help and I am glad to read about your wonderful experience when speaking the support team. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Amy
Associate Director of Development in U.S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees

Look no further than DonorPerfect!

Comments: Overall, I can't imagine another fundraising software being any better than DonorPerfect. The donor records management and reporting functions are very user-friendly and the logical manner by which they are organized and laid out on the website are big time-savers. DonorPerfect is a huge asset to our development team!

Pros:

DonorPerfect is perfect for all my organization's software and database needs relating to fundraising. My absolute favorite thing about DonorPerfect is the excellent customer service I receive each and every time I reach out. I am sometimes asked to provide data that I'm not sure how to obtain in a time-effective manner. It literally takes a quick phone call or even an online chat session with a DonorPerfect rep for me to find a report that will work to get me the information I need. I am always amazed at how well the DonorPerfect customer service folks know the software, and the ease at which they are able to share its capabilities. I have never had to wait for a solution or an answer to my questions. That is so valuable for me, someone whose greatest challenge is not having enough hours in the day! One of the other pros at the top of my list is the user-friendly interface of DonorPerfect. If you have even a little computer knowledge and experience, DonorPerfect is very easy to use. Everything is laid out and organized in a logical manner, which saves the time and frustration of not being able to find a simple function.

Cons:

I can honestly say I have not had any negative experiences with DonorPerfect. There are tiny things such as the scope of searching records that I might like to see changed, but at the end of the day, they're not really consequential. (Example: If an individual record is entered as John H. Smith, but I search for that record with the terms "John Smith", the record I'm looking for may not pop up. Broadening the search to "Smith" however, would allow me to find the record.)

4 years ago

Amy, I am thrilled to read about the value you are finding in using DonorPerfect! You made my day with the title of the review : Look no further than DonorPerfect!. I am delighted to hear you think the system is user friendly, and agree that our Support Team is outstanding! Thank you for the amazing review. Regards, Ellen Molon,Client Relations Specialist

Managing Partner in
, 2-10 Employees

A Robust System for the full-time nonprofit

Comments: Donor Perfect is on par with some of the top CRM programs for the nonprofit at a price point that is affordable. The training modules online are great resources and their support is top notch. I have implemented DP from the bottom up and the process was seamless and helped us create a great cultivation program. This is a system that requires maintenance and good input practices. I would place this at the advanced/intermediate level and recommend it for a NPO with a full-time development staff. If you are looking for a robust, trustworthy and scalable system this is it but be prepared to dig in deep to the training modules and in the end your fundraising programs will benefit.

Pros:

Donor Perfect is one of the mainstays in nonprofit donor/constituent management and there is a reason for their longevity. This is a robust system that is more complex than some of the newer entries into the market that tout cloud, ease of use and a free website builder. I have always thought that the gimmicky add ons is kind of like a realtor staging a home and putting potted plants on warped areas of the floor so you can't see them. With Donor Perfect, no frills just serious computing and data mining power. Standing out is their quest to stay relevant and they are continuously updating their software with the latest proven trends in the CRM space and have done a wonderful job with their updates. You can manage the full life cycle of a donor using this one system, create web forms for online donation gathering, mobile fundraising capabilities and full integration with QBO and other financial programs.Their support is outstanding and very responsive and they also offer free one and one training as part of the support package. I actually had a staff workshop day for training and they had a trainer come on a web conference and she trained our staff. It was amazing.

Cons:

The system is a true CRM style system and there is a learning curve so be prepared to get the training you need to be able to train staff. It is worth the investment and will benefit your revenue goals to use the system fully. One area that always was a point of initial frustration was report generation. It took me a while to fully grasp the reporting.

Cecil
Cecil
Treasurer in
Used the Software for: Not provided

DPO Has Made Tracking and Contacting Donors Much Easier

Comments: PAALS is a small non-profit (around 200K in annual revenue and less than five employees). We have found DPO to be a very large help in managing our charity by allowing us to track all of our pertinenent information in one place that is accessible anywhere. The information in DPO used to be on several dozen spreadsheets or in QuickBooks. Duplication of data was everywhere (particularly email addresses) and no one really knew which was correct. Simply eliminating all the duplicates and multiple lists has saved us quite a bit of time and money. I have used Softerware's telephone, email and online chat support. In all cases the support personnel were knowledgeable and helped resolve my problem or answer my questions -- usually in minutes I would highly recommend DPO for any non-profit that wants to grow their donor base and/or who wants to get their data organized.

Pros:

DPO is in the "cloud" which means PAALS volunteers and staff can work with it wherever they using just a web browser. Also, the DP mobile app makes it very easy to access donor information wherever you are. DPO has almost unlimited flexibility to add new fields and configure screen design. PAALS is using DPO not only to track Donor information, but also to track information about the dogs we have in training, about our clients who have or are waiting on a service dog and about our hundred plus volunteers. And the custom report writer allows us to create reports for almost any purpose we need. The optional WebLink Pro module has allowed us to create web pages quickly and easily to process event registrations and single or recurring donations. These are easily integrated into our existing website. The donation and donor information is automatically integrated into DPO saving much repetitive data entry. DPO also has automated interfaces to Quickbooks and Constant Contact.

Cons:

The event management module as currently implemented is somewhat cumbersome and is not integrated with WebLink. However, Softerware has posted that the next update will address some of these issues. Softerware does not have an alliance with PayPal. Thus we are unable to include an option to for donors to contribute via PayPal on our Weblink forms. So we have to maintain a separate set of forms on our website for people who want to use PayPal. The DP mobile application does not use the customized screens that are shown in DPO. It currently has a generic interface which makes information appear in different place/order than what a user sees online. Also, DP Mobile does not hide fields which have been marked hidden in the online version. Thus DP mobile, while useful, is much less usable than it could be.