Canada Local product

Zeffy Reviews

4.7 (86) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Zeffy

Zeffy empowers nonprofits with a 100% free fundraising platform that even covers credit card fees, so they can focus on their mission

Learn more about Zeffy

Pros:

Ease of use and simplicity, as well as customer support.

Cons:

I find navigating the sales and donations still a little tricky. This might come with more practice on my part.

Zeffy ratings

4.8
4.9
4.5
5.0

9.7/10

Zeffy has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 86 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zeffy before?

Jessica
Founder and President in U.S.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Awesome product

5.0 3 days ago New

Comments: The customer service is excellent!

Pros:

It’s free and takes no fees, it works easily and alerts you quickly of new donors, the spreadsheets are easy to manage and have all the information you need. The customer service is also very quick and lovely.

Cons:

So far nothing is bad. We have been using the product about 6 months and switched from a different product which took out fees.

Arooj
Coordinator, Fundraising & Special Events in Canada
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

Great product that saves money

Comments: Using Simplyk has been a great experience, especially in saving us money but also in providing us with a great platform to do our fundraising. Their customer service team is one of the best I've ever dealt with, and I really appreciate having an account manager I can go to for assistance who is very quick to respond and do all they can to help us.

Pros:

The biggest selling feature of Simplyk for non-profits is that they cover the costs of all credit card transaction fees, which saves us a lot of money. On the user end, it's a very clean-looking website, and fairly simple to use. On the back end, setting up ticket pages and campaigns is straightforward and pulling reports is not very complicated. Integrating with Stripe was quick and easy - our accountant loves it!

Cons:

Since Simplyk seems to be a newer software, it is still missing some features that would be great to have and it's sometimes not as robust as we would like. It does not allow users (for us, people who are fundraising on our behalf) to be able to send emails to their sponsors in order to thank them for their donations. It would be nice to have more administrator control as well - there are some things I need to email to Simplyk team to do for me because I can't do them myself.

last year

Thank you so much for your great review! We are always working on adding new features and are going to be adding some of the features you mentioned very soon. Thanks again, the Simplyk team

Faridodin
President CEO in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Zeffy is a great Platform for non profits!

Comments: It has been great! Easy to use clean sharp looking pages and people like it!

Pros:

That the donor can choose what the pay Zeffy

Cons:

Not being able to delete a contact. This becomes a problem when I want to send an email via the contact option. I then have to go look for the people who said that they do not want to be on the mailing contact list

Rebecca
Fundraising Committee Member in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

A smooth transition and ability to tailor to our needs

4.0 last month New

Comments: My organization had previously used other fundraiser sites including GoFundMe Charity (previously Crowdrise), who decided to strip down their offering and remove almost all functionality. Zeffy was there to respond to those needs and more. Overall the experience was smoother and more tailored to our needs than any services we have used in the past.

Pros:

Zeffy's features and functionality most closely matched our needs, and the fact that there were no fees taken from donations was a huge bonus. It was easy to learn and use, and the customer support was excellent and attentive. With the help of Zeffy my organization was able to meet our ambitious fundraising goal.

Cons:

There was a bit of muddiness in sorting out the event registration vs. become a fundraiser vs. donation functions for some users, so there seems to be something lacking in the clarity of some of these processes and how they are communicated to users (I would have to spend time looking into and asking users for this feedback to be more precise). There was also a technical issue with the site within the first few days of the fundraiser; it did get resolved within a reasonable amount of time but added a lot of stress and extra work on the part of the organizers to deal with the inquiries that came as a result.

Nicole
Directrice in Canada
Education Management, Self Employed

Simple yet surprisingly extensive

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: User friendly and efficient

Pros:

Very user friendly, reliable. Excellent customer service. Always available.

Cons:

Still learning more about all the available options

Brianne
Managing Director in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Zeffy is great for non-profits - and really free!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great! Customer service is awesome. I wasn't sure if it was really fee-free but it is.

Pros:

A great way to make the most out of our donations and membership fees, by receiving 100% of the funds we receive.

Cons:

We also use another software system for managing our donors, supporters and members that allows us to sort, track and email lists more specifically.

Niki
Fund Development Manager in Canada
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

Glad we made the switch to Simplyk

Comments: Their platform is easy to set up, and if I have any questions they get back to me within a few minutes. They also never made me feel like my questions were unwise. Plus, anything that the platform did not do in the beginning, it now does. It wasn’t months that I had to wait for them to change either, it was often very quickly.

Pros:

I love that I can embed the ticketing platform into our website. I’m not sure if Eventbrite now does this, but at the time it didn’t. It is very good for us that we don’t have to send our purchasers to a different website. Our ticket purchasers mentioned that it’s great that they’re not redirected to another page to purchase. They’ve also said that the platform is very easy to use. We haven’t had any complaints, and we’ve had a few ticketed events in the past few months.

Cons:

I find that the form that we embed on our website can sometimes be finicky design-wise. Although, I know a lot of it is our website. I'm just picky about how everything looks.

Suzanne
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Non-profit enjoys no fees for credit card processing and more

Comments: Simplyk has been fabulous for our organization. It has decreased our processing fees significantly and has a very kind dedicated team at the ready to support and trouble shoot.

Pros:

I love that it's completely FREE!! I like the simplicity of uploading "events" for sale and the ease of making changes to them. I look forward to using SimplyK for connecting with volunteers and learning and growing with them as they offer more functionality.

Cons:

I hope that some day users/customers could purchase more than one different event at a time and register as a member so they don't need to enter all of their information every time they make a purchase. I also am looking forward to a better description on credit card statements as well as better options for the donation made to SimplyK - right now it is so high that many confuse it with a tax and some do rarely choose not to donate at all as a result.

Melanie
Fundraising Coordinator in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

We love Simplyk, and being transparent with our donors

Comments: Their friendly, professional team have been extremely helpful throughout our implementation and use of the software, from integration with our CRM to updates and responses to questions and issues. The forms integrate beautifully with our website and we couldn't be happier!

Pros:

Simplyk is 100% free for our non-profit to use, which allows 100% of our donors' gift to go towards our mission. Donors can voluntarily choose how much they would like to contribute, or “tip”, to support the operation of the platform, instead of a percentage being taken off the back end without their knowledge. It's increasingly important for us to have these kinds of open, transparent conversations with our donors and the broader community so they can make more informed decisions and have a better understanding of the realities and costs that non-profits face!

Cons:

The back end platform for donors to manage their donations, profile and preferences could use further development.

Michele

GREAT PRODUCT

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. I highly recommend them. Do not be afraid.

Pros:

I like the fact that it is free, that when someone donates it is the full amount we receive. It is extremely simple and easy to use. Which is great when the organization is not a big one. This kind of system is perfect for a smaller organization like ours. It's not complicated and it is user friendly and it does whatever we need. I love the fact that those in charge of SimplyK are easy to connect with. They are always helpful and wiling to walk you through whatever problem you have and they are very quick at fixing problems if any. They can be trusted. They are always willing to try and grow new ways of offering the service.

Cons:

It will be a great benefit if eventually they are approved in other provinces to manage raffle tickets online. Otherwise, I don't have anything to criticize them about. They are still growing and they have been willing to adapt and modify as needed.

last year

Thank you so much for the glowing review!

Kathy
Chair in Canada
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Simplyk and the Arts

Comments: It has been a great experience using Simplyk so far. It's easy to use and enables us to have all our art class events in one spot with access to registrations, sales, etc. The support team is great to work with and listens to our feedback! But for sure the best part is that there are no fees for our organization, which is so important for Not-For-Profit organizations.

Pros:

Simplyk's ticket registration process is perfect for the Arts classes that we offer. It manages the registration process for us and keeps track of sales/registrations at no cost to our organization....not even credit card fees!

Cons:

The software firm is easy to deal with and has incorporated a lot of our suggestions in their product, however we would like to see a process where we can stop and start sales on certain dates and also the ability to customize registration emails and reminder emails with greater ease. But we are seeing improvements every week as they put more thought into this product.

Kelly

SimplyK - a great Fundraising Platform

Comments: I've had a very positive experience thus far with SimplyK. They have a great team who respond to questions in a timely manner and they continue to work on improvements to the platform.

Pros:

SimplyK is a free platform where 100% of the donors funds stays with the charity. As a small charity, that means a lot to us and it was the reason we decided to give it a try. It's easy for donors to use, fairly simple to set it up and offers various options including peer-to-peer and ticketing.

Cons:

SimplyK has made many improvements this past year. As a user of other peer-to-peer platforms, there are some things they can do to improve it for the user during setup. I believe they will make further adjustments and am pleased with their response to my recommendations.

Marie-Cécile
Directrice administrative in Canada
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees

REALLY 100% free and wonderful support

Comments: Easy to use, no more data loss, time and money savvy, community spirit. Love it !

Pros:

We simply love it (no pun intented) ! We can manage all in one software. No more forgetting about emetting fiscal receipts, loosing a participant or their info, etc. All of that and really easy to use with very kind free support. Simplyk is also eager to get our feedback and work on it. We feel we are part of the same team, working together to reach our goal.

Cons:

It is not really cons but more wishes. More possibilities in the back office such as having several users for our account. Also our end users would like to have the possibility to pay by Interac or check for all kinds of amounts as well as by cash. Etc. Simplyk's team knows our wishes and a lot of things are in development so I am very confident to have most of them eventually.

Sarah
Corporate Services Coordinator in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

Beyond Impressed

Comments: The customer service and integrity are second to none. Simplyk's team is so cohesive. They answer my emails quickly, professionally, and with great helpfulness. They arranged video calls to get to know our agency and goals; it's obvious to me that they know our agency personally and care about our success. As far as integrity goes, every promise Simplyk made has been delivered. We were shocked when the first donation came through at 100% of the donated amount. When they say "no fees," they actually mean it. I trust this company completely, and it has been a pleasure working with them on our projects.

Pros:

Simplyk is a dream solution for our fundraising. It is great for the donor, with easy navigation and few clicks. At the back-end, it was so easy to set up our pages and make them look beautiful on the interface.

Cons:

We are hosting an event that requires people to register before they create a fundraising profile. We have had a few people create a profile on the fundraising page without registering beforehand, which requires a bit of manual follow-up. However, Simplyk has some great features in place to prevent this, like auto-directing people to the event page after they register.

Sandra
Fundraising and Brand Development Manager in Canada

Great for a Fundraiser

Comments: Very customer friendly staff and overall an easy to use software.

Pros:

We liked that the program was free for us to use which purchasers like when participating in a fundraiser.

Cons:

There were limitations in how we were able to layout the tickets and the overall appearance. But as it was free, we didn't mind.

Catherine
Co-Founder / Board Member / Volunteer in Canada

Highly recommend!

Comments: Initially, we were sceptical and so before we committed we researched Simplyk and Stripe and learned that their software and expertise were in line with what we were looking for. Simplyk has been a great partner for us and we are glad we are using them for our foundation.

Pros:

Simplyk was simple to set up and easy to use for us and for donors.

Cons:

We have not come across any issues with the software.

Seamless and Professional Fundrasing

Comments: SimplyK's product is a logical and complementary add-on towards my fundraising goals. It seemlessly integrates into my website, giving it a highly professional cachet. The guidance and support that I've received has been outstanding, and if that weren't enough, there are no upfront costs with its implementation.

Pros:

Ease of use and simplicity, as well as customer support.

Cons:

Nothing really - it met all my needs because it is designed with my type of organization in mind.

last year

Thanks for such an amazing review!

Leanne
Manager of Administration and Finance in Canada

Very Happy with Product

Comments: Love it.

Pros:

I love how easy the product is to use, how fantastic the forms appear embedded in our website, the customer service, and that the company is always striving to offer more and more for detailed customization.

Stephany
Communications Director in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

A user friendly free platform for Non-profits.

Comments: We searched for a long time for a donor platform that we could afford but also that we liked the back-end usage and event form ticketing designs. Simplyk was the best option for us after researching and attending SO many demo's of other platforms.

Pros:

The product is just so simple to set-up initially and integrated well with our donor payment platform. It's also free which is a huge benefit for a small not-for profit like we are. The customer service team was so helpful and always available to answer questions, not only that they reached out and checked-in often. Their donation templates are easy to create and a style that we liked.

Cons:

This free software is user-friendly for a reason. It's very simple. It works for us being a smaller organization.

Wendy
volunteer in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

If you are a non-profit organization, Simplyk is for you

Comments: I am one of the organizers of a recent fundraising event for a non-profit organization. I became aware of Simplyk quite by accident and was intrigued by their business model. After some research and "vetting" with other organizations who have worked with Simplyk, we decided to use them as our event ticketing site. This turned out to be an excellent decision. When we had questions about how to set up our site and link our bank account to a stripe account, a representative from the company walked us through what to do. I highly recommend this company to all non-profits as we all need every penny raised to be put towards whatever "cause" we are working for and not siphoned off for admin or processing fees. Bravo Simplyk. Thank you for your excellent service.

Pros:

No admin or service fees - all money raised goes to the fundraising cause.

Cons:

Would have been helpful if more than one person could have access to the account as "administrator" - specifically, the "marketing" person and the "financial" person.

Mandi
Executive Director/Mentoring Coordinator in Canada

AMAZING

Comments: I recommend SimplyK whenever I can....everyone should enjoy this program. SO GREAT!

Pros:

SimplyK is an AMAZING addition to our organization. We save so much on fees due to the structure and the customer service is INCREDIBLE! When we have a question, we are able to send an email and get a response within hours (if not minutes).

Cons:

Honestly, I love this software. New features are being introduced all the time too.

Trevor
President in Canada

Simply Amazing

Comments: The biggest benefit is the receiving the FULL amount being donated. We were receiving the amount minus the processing fees which add up to a lot by the end of the year. We have only used the donation portion of the software but am looking forward to using the event ticketing at our next event.

Pros:

- Very simply to implement - Very easy flow for our end users. Everything done on one screen - Tax receipt issue immediately - Customer support is amazing

Cons:

We had only one con which was the ability to back date receipts. We made the suggestion and the team implemented the change very quickly. Amazing customer service!!

Jessica
Director of Events in U.S.
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Fantastic platform!

Pros:

About to manage our event and attendees easily

Cons:

Unable to pre-schedule event reminders.

Carolyn
Marketing and Fund Development in Canada

Customer service is exceptional

Comments: My experience so far has been outstanding. The team is very helpful with simple and easy to use videos and virtual chats to overcome any challenges and obstacles in the set up stage and arriving at a platform that is both easy for our consumers, easy to track results and quick to get us our dollars.

Pros:

The ease of use and the support from the Simplyk team has made this platform very adaptable to many different fundraising events.

Cons:

It would be nice to have some added features for our consumers like bibs, certificates and tracking for virtual events.

Denis

Donor and ticketing platform

Comments: From onboarding to ease of use to trouble shooting the Simplyk team will go above and beyond for you. The product is of high quality and it works as promised.

Pros:

The ease of use, customer support and versatility of product is unmatched for this price for nonprofits.

Cons:

Nothing about this product has not meant our expectations.