15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

Zeffy Reviews

4.8 (315) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Zeffy

Zeffy is the only zero-fee fundraising platform for nonprofits. Trusted by over 10,000 NPOs across North America.

Learn more about Zeffy

Pros:

We appreciate the fee saving for our Non-Profit. For sure, the config and the integrations were handled very easily.

Cons:

I only wish we could use it for more services, but no doubt that will come.

Zeffy ratings

4.8
4.9
4.5
5.0

9.8/10

Zeffy has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 315 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zeffy before?

Maude
Maude
Founder and Artivist at Large in Canada

Saving more than money

Comments: Zeffy has changed the way that I do things - it has made my life so much simpler. By having everything on Zeffy, I can take care of so many things in just one place, and in a more intuitive way than some other platforms. The staff have been helpful and friendly. Seriously, Zeffy has saved my sanity and renewed my ability to focus more on the work I do rather than scattering my energy every which way.

Pros:

I love how Zeffy has made my work life so much easier in many ways. I can manage my email list, send messages to different segments, tag individuals and their interests, sell tickets to events, collect membership fees, and track income and engagement throughout. Best of all, I can do all of this (and more) without having a portion of our income being snatched up by a supposed 'ally' of non-profit organizations.

Cons:

There is nothing that I dislike about Zeffy. I love that they have regular introductory workshops that you can join to learn how to use the platform. It still took me a little bit of time to learn some of the ins and outs of the program, but I feel confident that, if I had a question, they would answer it quickly.

Patrick
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Zeffy - The Perect Price for Nearly the Perfect Program!

Comments: The price and ease of use make this an easy decision for our nonprofit. We would love to see it develop and grow in communication and donor management so we could stop using multiple programs. In addition, their customer service is extremely fast and easy to work with! A great, easy software to implement quickly and maximize time and profit!

Pros:

It is easy to set up and use! You can easily customize the forms to collect funds for tickets, events, and more. The dashboard is intuitive so even those with little training can help administer the data and information to help you reach your goals and find success.

Cons:

Zeffy does not have all the features that we wish it had. It could use a more robust messaging system with more features to create eye-catching emails. We would love the ability to manage our silent auction for our events. It needs to be able to do POS on Android (which I learned is coming soon). And we would love it to have more features with tracking individuals, donor engagement, etc.

Nicolas
Artistic Director in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Every Nonprofit Should Immediately Begin Using Zeffy. No joke.

5.0 last month New

Comments: A+ across the board. I stated using it to save us money (or, rather, to be able to keep more of our donations). But immediately became a convert and now find myself telling everyone about it. If you’re a nonprofit… this has to be your donation portal.

Pros:

What initially attracted me was the no credit card / online processing fees for donations. But there are no fees for ANYTHING. The way they make money works for them and I’m a huge fan. But beyond that (and that was enough) — EVERYTHING is fantastic from the immediate setup time to the ease of use to their phenomenal customer service … the “savings” are way more than just not losing money to credit card companies. It saves TIME and is so elegant and easy to use.

Cons:

It’s hard to find something bad to say but I think the UI could be improved based on user feedback. It’s by no means bad and I like that it’s simple. It could potentially be laid out a little more logically but if nothing changed I wouldn’t have any problems. Currently their mobile app (iPhone) leaves a lot to be desired. I’d rate that a C-/D+ in its current state.

donald
President in US

Disappointed and Upset

Comments: I will file a complaint with the authorities about Zeffy's practice.

Pros:

I do not like anything a bout the way you do business!

Cons:

After we opened an account with Zeffy, within the first two months, Zeffy didn't pay two out of 4 donations we had received. I followed up with customer service and was notified that our account had been canceled because our nonprofit (501 c3) religious charity, which has a spotless record and has been active since 2001, was considered high-risk. No other explanation was provided. Also, it will take up to 60 days to refund the donor who paid two donations. My understanding is this can happen to anybody and not worth it. Once you open an account with Zeffy, please provide all the information they need and receive their approval. If your customers make payments to your business, you still may not receive your money without an explanation, and your account may be canceled without explanation. Your customer refund may take up to 60 days. I don't recommend this company and will file a complaint with the authorities about Zeffy's practice.

Kim
Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Zefy is the absolute best fundraising choice

Comments: My overall experience with Zefy is absolutely incredible. They have saved me not only money but time. Thai is definitely the best site to use for fundraising

Pros:

Zefy handles everything with precision. They keep track of everything for you and donations are disbursed when they are suppose to be. They take all the worry out of everything for you.

Cons:

I really have no complaints the only thing I wish they had was an app I could download to my phone opposed to having to use the web browser

Mark
Treasurer in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Most efficient value for non profits

Comments: It was easy to setup. Got up and running in two weeks compared with six months of Paypal.

Pros:

Best value for the money as this has been recommended by other Toastmaster treasurers that used the application.

Cons:

I would like a template where I can onboard a new member joining for the first time and I can simply enter the email address.

Amy
Finance and Fundraising Director in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy for the Win

Comments: We are a raving fan of Zeffy. We can't say enough good things about the easy of implementation and from the customer standpoint your transaction is complete and processed within minutes. The new app feature that allows you to scan credit cards on the spot was a huge help during our recent fundraiser.

Pros:

I love the ease of use. Setting up and implementing new forms is done in minutes. Finding Zeffy is the best thing that happened to our nonprofit.

Cons:

Honestly nothing. We haven't had any issues with Zeffy. We love every aspect of it.

Public Image Director in Canada
Civic & Social Organization, 11–50 Employees

Zeffy is a fantastic option for charities and non-profits

Comments: I have found Zeffy to be very user friendly and easy to set up. Support is excellent. Processing and record keeping is very good.

Pros:

The free payment processing means more in our bank account to support our charitable work.

Cons:

The additional and optional amount to to be added to payments to support Zeffy can be confusing for customers. It appears to be mandatory. It would also be helpful to provide a range of contribution options. Make people feel part of supporting Zeffy for the benefit of the charities using the platform.

Nick
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy has been an absolute life saver for my small nonprofit.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Zero cost for nonprofits, easy navigation in the dashboard, incredible customer service, and a fantastic donor management system that is also easy to understand and easy to utilize.

Cons:

I've had a few issues understanding some of the interface but that could be more from my own lack of understanding rather than Zeffy's set up. I wish there was a way to embed the donation options with the branding options they offer into my website rather than requiring a separate link but this has never been a big issue.

Rosanne
Music, 2–10 Employees

Must for Nonprofit fundraising

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use No hidden agendas Clean, uncluttered template

Cons:

I hope donors do the right thing and understand the importance of rewarding Zeffy with a donation for their work.

Suzanne
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Non-profit enjoys no fees for credit card processing and more

Comments: Simplyk has been fabulous for our organization. It has decreased our processing fees significantly and has a very kind dedicated team at the ready to support and trouble shoot.

Pros:

I love that it's completely FREE!! I like the simplicity of uploading "events" for sale and the ease of making changes to them. I look forward to using SimplyK for connecting with volunteers and learning and growing with them as they offer more functionality.

Cons:

I hope that some day users/customers could purchase more than one different event at a time and register as a member so they don't need to enter all of their information every time they make a purchase. I also am looking forward to a better description on credit card statements as well as better options for the donation made to SimplyK - right now it is so high that many confuse it with a tax and some do rarely choose not to donate at all as a result.

Rebecca
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Best online ticketing platform I've used!

Comments: The customer service has been exceptional. It's clear that the staff cares and wants to help.

Pros:

Onboarding is quick and easy. You do not need to be super computer savvy to have yourself up and running with ticket sales online.

Cons:

There was a delay before we could ask for donations because we are a US nonprofit and initially it was only offered to organizations with Canadian banks. I still used it for ticketing as I preferred it to other online options. Now I can get donations deposited directly into our bank account..

Cory
Manager of Fundraising & Special Events in Canada
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Five Stars

Comments: Zeffy is an incredible product and has been a real game changer for CMHA Toronto. Donor relations, reporting, and receipting are all vastly improved by this product and the elimination of transaction fees has already saved us tens of thousands of dollars in a short time.

Pros:

I was initially interested in Zeffy due to the promise of zero transaction fees. This is a very appealing feature for donors who always appreciate knowing that 100% of their donation is going to the charity. I had been using another product that charged nearly 5% in transaction fees. I soon began using Zeffy for anything that required a pay portal from the donation page on our website, to campaign pages for third party events. I have also used Zeffy for ticketing, and it has been a flawless experience.

Cons:

The templates can be a bit limiting, for instance if I want to employ a video and info graphic on the same page, you need to click on the box that says 'what impact will this donation have' in order to see the graphic. It's not the worst setup, but it could be improved.

Melanie
Fundraising Coordinator in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

We love Simplyk, and being transparent with our donors

Comments: Their friendly, professional team have been extremely helpful throughout our implementation and use of the software, from integration with our CRM to updates and responses to questions and issues. The forms integrate beautifully with our website and we couldn't be happier!

Pros:

Simplyk is 100% free for our non-profit to use, which allows 100% of our donors' gift to go towards our mission. Donors can voluntarily choose how much they would like to contribute, or “tip”, to support the operation of the platform, instead of a percentage being taken off the back end without their knowledge. It's increasingly important for us to have these kinds of open, transparent conversations with our donors and the broader community so they can make more informed decisions and have a better understanding of the realities and costs that non-profits face!

Cons:

The back end platform for donors to manage their donations, profile and preferences could use further development.

Michele

GREAT PRODUCT

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. I highly recommend them. Do not be afraid.

Pros:

I like the fact that it is free, that when someone donates it is the full amount we receive. It is extremely simple and easy to use. Which is great when the organization is not a big one. This kind of system is perfect for a smaller organization like ours. It's not complicated and it is user friendly and it does whatever we need. I love the fact that those in charge of SimplyK are easy to connect with. They are always helpful and wiling to walk you through whatever problem you have and they are very quick at fixing problems if any. They can be trusted. They are always willing to try and grow new ways of offering the service.

Cons:

It will be a great benefit if eventually they are approved in other provinces to manage raffle tickets online. Otherwise, I don't have anything to criticize them about. They are still growing and they have been willing to adapt and modify as needed.

Zeffy Response

3 years ago

Thank you so much for the glowing review!

Tatiana
Annual Giving Manager in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Review

Pros:

Processing Donations and Tickets for event registration

Cons:

Automatic % to support Zeffy is too high.

Amber

I recommend Zeffy!

Comments: Wonderful! Zeffy has helped us further our organization's mission, and for that we are forever grateful!

Pros:

Zeffy does not charge organization’s to utilize their platform, and they provide great support. They also provide wonderful free training and webinars.

Cons:

No option for quick payment options like Paypal, Google/Apple Pay, Cashapp, ect.

Nicole
Directrice in Canada
Education Management, Self Employed

Simple yet surprisingly extensive

Comments: User friendly and efficient

Pros:

Very user friendly, reliable. Excellent customer service. Always available.

Cons:

Still learning more about all the available options

Michelle
Graphic Designer / Volunteer in US
Philanthropy, 51–200 Employees

We ❤️ Zeffy

Comments: Overall I loved using the Zeffy platform to sell tickets for our fundraiser event. Once I set it set up, everything went smoothly. We’ll be using it for more events in the future. I found being able to sell tickets online to be a huge help, in the time it takes and also for planning purposes. And we also now have a list of people who bought tickets with their contact information for future events (which we didn’t necessarily have prior to using Zeffy). Thank you Zeffy!

Pros:

No cost to our service organization and no cost to our customers. Easy to set up, easy for our organization to get paid. Easy for our customers to go to the site and buy tickets.

Cons:

There were a number of times when I had questions about the set up or how to make changes after we were up and running. But there was no one manning the chat feature and when I left a message it took 1-2 days for a Zeffy person to get back to me. When they did I was not near my computer or I had already spent a bunch of time trying to figure it out myself (and being frustrated). I did appreciate that you got back to me to answer my questions. It would be much more helpful if the help was more readily available. I’d love it if the chat feature was truly live, at least during regular business hours. That would be a huge help.

Sarah
Corporate Services Coordinator in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Beyond Impressed

Comments: The customer service and integrity are second to none. Simplyk's team is so cohesive. They answer my emails quickly, professionally, and with great helpfulness. They arranged video calls to get to know our agency and goals; it's obvious to me that they know our agency personally and care about our success. As far as integrity goes, every promise Simplyk made has been delivered. We were shocked when the first donation came through at 100% of the donated amount. When they say "no fees," they actually mean it. I trust this company completely, and it has been a pleasure working with them on our projects.

Pros:

Simplyk is a dream solution for our fundraising. It is great for the donor, with easy navigation and few clicks. At the back-end, it was so easy to set up our pages and make them look beautiful on the interface.

Cons:

We are hosting an event that requires people to register before they create a fundraising profile. We have had a few people create a profile on the fundraising page without registering beforehand, which requires a bit of manual follow-up. However, Simplyk has some great features in place to prevent this, like auto-directing people to the event page after they register.

Jessica
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Love Zeffy

Comments: I use ticketing, donations, membership and volunteer tracking

Pros:

No hidden fees, works well, has multiple uses, love it

Cons:

I say it every time i'm asked but I'd love to be able to separate event tickets and donations when processing deposits. right now any funds owing come to me as a lump sum and does mean extra admin work

Rachel
Board Member in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Way more than I expected! Zeffy does it all!

Comments: Love! It's helped our nonprofit achieve more faster than we expected!

Pros:

Zeffy is an incredible platform for our small nonprofit. We're able to save on donation fees, which is a huge burden lifted. And they offer SO MUCH MORE than I was expecting! They can handle event tickets, online shop items, raffles and even memberships. Zeffy has allowed us to set up programs faster and easier than imagined, all with embeded forms so we maintain branding.

Cons:

Large donations are tricky and users sometimes ask for alternative methods to pay.

Tyler
Director of Marketing & Design in US
Sports, 51–200 Employees

Great Registration Software for Non-profits

Comments: My rep has been fantastic and quick to respond, super easy to implement on our website, easy to build custom forms

Pros:

Zeffy was exactly what we needed to register and collect fees for our soccer camps. We needed a way to build forms with their shirt sizes, years of experience etc., as well as receive payments at the same time, and Zeffy does just that.

Cons:

I have no features of Zeffy that I do not like.

Julie
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great solution

Pros:

We used Zeffy to manage ticket sales for our annual fundraiser. We loved that we didn’t lose any revenue to payment service fees. We also enjoyed keeping fundraiser transactions on a separate platform from other revenue streams. It made the financial management of our fundraiser much easier.

Cons:

There wasn’t really anything we didn’t like. We are very satisfied!

Masey
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy is the best donation platform for nonprofits

Comments: Zeffy made it very simple to set up a donation button - we are a very new nonprofit, just starting to grow. Zeffy's process couldn't have been easier to understand or implement. We appreciate you so much, and are telling all of our NP colleagues about you. What a gift to NPs.

Pros:

Easy to use and fee-free. Offering an opportunity to round up or tack on a donation to Zeffy at checkout, Zeffy lets nonprofits keep the entirety of donations, taking that burden away from the NP and making it optional to donors, who more often than not do opt to support the platform.

Cons:

So far, we love everything about Zeffy and do not have anything that would count as a negative experience. it would be nice to be able to manage the program from an app but it's. not critical, and it's more important to us that you remain fee-free even if it means keeping things simpler.