15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

Zeffy Reviews

4.8 (341) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Zeffy

Zeffy is the only zero-fee fundraising platform for nonprofits. Trusted by over 25,000 NPOs across North America.

Learn more about Zeffy

Pros:

Cons:

I only wish we could use it for more services, but no doubt that will come.

Zeffy ratings

4.8
4.9
4.5
5.0

9.8/10

Zeffy has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 341 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zeffy before?

Zeeshanali
Zeeshanali
Treasurer in Canada

Using Zeffy

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent experience from a user, administrator as well as customer service

Pros:

Cost effective interactive platform that keeps on evolving Donor management Able to sell tickets for events and fundraise

Cons:

If donors do not contribute to help cover collection cost, Zeffy can limit the amount of collection per transaction

Martha
Volunteer in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy is free and perfect for nonprofits!

5.0 last month New

Comments: A small learning curve but that was was to be expected. That being said I was up and running with links to three campaigns on my GoDaddy website in 8-10 hours.

Pros:

We are a small nonprofit and struggling to fund our mission. Zeffy will allow us to raise money at no cost.

Cons:

Love it and anxious to see the new upgrades.

donald
President in US

Disappointed and Upset

Comments: I will file a complaint with the authorities about Zeffy's practice.

Pros:

I do not like anything a bout the way you do business!

Cons:

After we opened an account with Zeffy, within the first two months, Zeffy didn't pay two out of 4 donations we had received. I followed up with customer service and was notified that our account had been canceled because our nonprofit (501 c3) religious charity, which has a spotless record and has been active since 2001, was considered high-risk. No other explanation was provided. Also, it will take up to 60 days to refund the donor who paid two donations. My understanding is this can happen to anybody and not worth it. Once you open an account with Zeffy, please provide all the information they need and receive their approval. If your customers make payments to your business, you still may not receive your money without an explanation, and your account may be canceled without explanation. Your customer refund may take up to 60 days. I don't recommend this company and will file a complaint with the authorities about Zeffy's practice.

Kathryn
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

I can't believe it's free!

Comments: Overall my experience with Zeffy has been stellar. I've never found an easier platform with so many options. AND it is free. Mindblowing!

Pros:

This is the easiest donor management software I have ever seen. I am older and often confused by software but this was intuitive and lovely to use. The receipts are very clean and professional.

Cons:

I'm not sure I've connected my bank properly, so that part is still iffy for me.

Lauren
President and Director in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

Nonprofits Should Use Zeffy

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Zeffy has no transaction fees! Through another donation platform, I once had a donation of $1250 and only received $1213 because of credit card fees. Zeffy is great because it allows all of my donated funds to go toward my ministry! I also have used Zeffy for several raffles and have created an online store. It was easy to use and customize. Honestly, all nonprofits should use Zeffy and receive their full donation amounts!

Cons:

There really are no cons. If a nonprofit organization does not mind receiving their funds once a week to their bank account, there is nothing to complain about.

Susan
President in US
Libraries, 51–200 Employees

Call US LOYAL USERS AFTER 60 Days

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience with ZEFFY began by setting up the online store for our Eclipse T-Shirts. As sales started pouring in, the confidence in our decision to choose Zeffy grew. The regular emails notifying us of each processed sale were reassuring. And, of course, the weekly deposits into our bank account were the icing on the cake

Pros:

I enthusiastically endorse Zeff’s credit card processing services for non-profits. After our t-shirt sale for the Total Eclipse event, we achieved impressive results. Zeff’s streamlined processing, convenient weekly deposits into our bank account, and comprehensive sales reports have solidified our decision to remain loyal users

Cons:

Setting up all the sizes on the t-shirts was a pain. Also wish the sales tax could be set up separate.

Sophie
Development manager in Canada
Fund-Raising, 2–10 Employees

A secure and friendly using plateform to raise money and save important fees

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great experience with an efficient team.

Pros:

The personalised customer service and disponibility of the team to help set up our account.

Cons:

Sincerly not much to say. There is someone to help out if I need assistance or if I have questions.

Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Best reduced fee option for Non-profits tickets

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great experience. We run a non-profit 501c3 organization and we needed a ticketing solution without a lot of fees. Zeffy provided the best solution for us.

Pros:

Ease of use and customer support.I asked 3 questions which were promptly answered within 48 hrs.

Cons:

Lack email customerization. Would like ability to customize the colors of the emails and receipts so they reflect our organization.

Brenna
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Great for Nonprofits

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I am very pleased and highly recommend this for other groups like ours.

Pros:

As a small nonprofit educational group, we needed a way to digitize our ticket sales without losing money on fees. Zeffy was the obvious choice, and we've been very happy with not only how easy it is to set up events and ticketing, but how quickly we are paid out as well.

Cons:

There are a few minor issues, but overall it is an excellent product for us. I do wish that there was some sort of search function on Zeffy for people who wanted to find our organization but didn't have the direct link.

Chrissy
Association Executive in US

Zeffy for Golf Outing

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I would continue to use this site for our annual golf outing. It is simple to use, and there is a huge savings for us as a non-profit.

Pros:

Zeffy was great to use for our annual golf outing. It saved us a lot of money in fees that other sites charge.

Cons:

There isn't anything I didn't like, it was very easy to use.

Suzanne
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Non-profit enjoys no fees for credit card processing and more

Comments: Simplyk has been fabulous for our organization. It has decreased our processing fees significantly and has a very kind dedicated team at the ready to support and trouble shoot.

Pros:

I love that it's completely FREE!! I like the simplicity of uploading "events" for sale and the ease of making changes to them. I look forward to using SimplyK for connecting with volunteers and learning and growing with them as they offer more functionality.

Cons:

I hope that some day users/customers could purchase more than one different event at a time and register as a member so they don't need to enter all of their information every time they make a purchase. I also am looking forward to a better description on credit card statements as well as better options for the donation made to SimplyK - right now it is so high that many confuse it with a tax and some do rarely choose not to donate at all as a result.

Kim
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Zefy is the absolute best fundraising choice

Comments: My overall experience with Zefy is absolutely incredible. They have saved me not only money but time. Thai is definitely the best site to use for fundraising

Pros:

Zefy handles everything with precision. They keep track of everything for you and donations are disbursed when they are suppose to be. They take all the worry out of everything for you.

Cons:

I really have no complaints the only thing I wish they had was an app I could download to my phone opposed to having to use the web browser

Treasurer in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Most efficient value for non profits

Comments: It was easy to setup. Got up and running in two weeks compared with six months of Paypal.

Pros:

Best value for the money as this has been recommended by other Toastmaster treasurers that used the application.

Cons:

I would like a template where I can onboard a new member joining for the first time and I can simply enter the email address.

Rochelle
Membership Chair in US

Zeffy is awesome

Pros:

It was extremely easy to set up our account with Zeffy and create different forms for different fundraising activities. Customer service has been terrific. The platforms ability to allow easy communication with donors has been especially helpful. It has exceeded my expectations.

Cons:

Merging our prior donor database with Zeffy has been a little challenging.

Thomas
Co-owner and Tech Support in US
Individual & Family Services, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy saving donors and our charity money

Comments: Zeffy has been easy to setup, and has been easy for donors to use. However, it needs to add Zapier integration, so that I can add donor information to our mailing list and do other automations with a Zeffy donation as a trigger.

Pros:

I like the simplicity of setup - not a lot of bells and whistles, but this makes event and form setup easy. Of course I like the "no fees" aspect - that's why we are using Zeffy.

Cons:

On the forms for a donor, it's not clear exactly how to zero out the tip if that's what the donor wants. Also - lack of API support for Zapier, which we use extensively. This will definitely limit our ability to use Zeffy exclusively.

Cory
Manager of Fundraising & Special Events in Canada
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Five Stars

Comments: Zeffy is an incredible product and has been a real game changer for CMHA Toronto. Donor relations, reporting, and receipting are all vastly improved by this product and the elimination of transaction fees has already saved us tens of thousands of dollars in a short time.

Pros:

I was initially interested in Zeffy due to the promise of zero transaction fees. This is a very appealing feature for donors who always appreciate knowing that 100% of their donation is going to the charity. I had been using another product that charged nearly 5% in transaction fees. I soon began using Zeffy for anything that required a pay portal from the donation page on our website, to campaign pages for third party events. I have also used Zeffy for ticketing, and it has been a flawless experience.

Cons:

The templates can be a bit limiting, for instance if I want to employ a video and info graphic on the same page, you need to click on the box that says 'what impact will this donation have' in order to see the graphic. It's not the worst setup, but it could be improved.

Rebecca
Fundraising Committee Member in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

A smooth transition and ability to tailor to our needs

Comments: My organization had previously used other fundraiser sites including GoFundMe Charity (previously Crowdrise), who decided to strip down their offering and remove almost all functionality. Zeffy was there to respond to those needs and more. Overall the experience was smoother and more tailored to our needs than any services we have used in the past.

Pros:

Zeffy's features and functionality most closely matched our needs, and the fact that there were no fees taken from donations was a huge bonus. It was easy to learn and use, and the customer support was excellent and attentive. With the help of Zeffy my organization was able to meet our ambitious fundraising goal.

Cons:

There was a bit of muddiness in sorting out the event registration vs. become a fundraiser vs. donation functions for some users, so there seems to be something lacking in the clarity of some of these processes and how they are communicated to users (I would have to spend time looking into and asking users for this feedback to be more precise). There was also a technical issue with the site within the first few days of the fundraiser; it did get resolved within a reasonable amount of time but added a lot of stress and extra work on the part of the organizers to deal with the inquiries that came as a result.

Priest in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Online Fundraising

Pros:

Creating and adding the giving form on our website was easy and well laid out, integration with our bank accounts and options for when deposits happen are ok. Really have not had to spend much time managing the giving once setup it just works.

Cons:

Need some more functionality on being able to make different giving options to the online form.

Kelly

SimplyK - a great Fundraising Platform

Comments: I've had a very positive experience thus far with SimplyK. They have a great team who respond to questions in a timely manner and they continue to work on improvements to the platform.

Pros:

SimplyK is a free platform where 100% of the donors funds stays with the charity. As a small charity, that means a lot to us and it was the reason we decided to give it a try. It's easy for donors to use, fairly simple to set it up and offers various options including peer-to-peer and ticketing.

Cons:

SimplyK has made many improvements this past year. As a user of other peer-to-peer platforms, there are some things they can do to improve it for the user during setup. I believe they will make further adjustments and am pleased with their response to my recommendations.

Catie
Board Secretary in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for a low-use Senior Center

Comments: I am so grateful we found this product! It is just what we needed.

Pros:

Our small-town Senior Center base basically disappeared during Covid. We are struggling to rebuild our membership. Many of our older population are not computer savvy, so we needed something simple to use and that we could easily add off-line (cash) payments to for tracking purposes. Zeffy suits us perfectly.

Cons:

I cannot get images to load no matter what size or shape they are. Customer Support has been great about getting them to load for me, but I hate to keep bugging them, and I'm not sure why I can't get it to work. Plus telling me what pixel sizes is not helpful for a non-graphic person :\

Jennifer
Executive assistant in Canada
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Highly Recommended

Pros:

The platform is easy to use and set up. The payment system facilitates accounting and has easy tracking. Reimbursements and special discounts are easy to apply. Has a bilingual system (French and English), which is fantastic!

Cons:

I have no suggestions to make and have no cons that I can think of.

Shannon
PTIO Treasurer in US
Fund-Raising, 2–10 Employees

Keep every cent of your donations! No CC/Platform Fees!

Comments: Overall the experience has been very good for a free platform that lets us save cc fees. It honestly does more than I thought it would, and we've been happy with it. If Zeffy charged for the platform or cc fees, we would look at comparable platforms. The great thing about Zeffy is that there literally is no comparable platform. EVERYONE charges fees except them. They seems too good to be true, but they're not!

Pros:

Most people thought Zeffy was too good to be true. I begged them to let us try based on reviews from reputable sources like Capterra. We are SO glad we found Zeffy. It's provides more than I hoped for in terms of a platform, and it saves us so much in terms of credit card fees.

Cons:

There are definitely things we've run into that could be more convenient, but we've always been able to fix user errors on the back end or rework things to compensate. The biggest annoyance that we've run into is that once you sign up for a volunteer slot on an event, you can't change it. We will not be using the volunteer service anymore due to that, but everything else has been manageable.

James
Director, Membership in US
Libraries, 11–50 Employees

Looking Into Using Zeffy Is Worth Your Time and Effort - you won't be disappointed

Pros:

The features that was most important were the ability to offer existing members pre-populated forms that made it easy for them to renew annual memberships by paying dues and making donations on-line. This replaced our legacy system that was painful to the membership because it forced them to fill out a form with the same info they gave us last year and then mail it to us.

Cons:

The ability to arrange the information presented on the forms is somewhat limited so the process flow did not match our existing process. An example was the form for a renewal customer required them to answer first how what donation they wanted to make the Historical Society over and above the dues. Then the form asked them to choose whether they wanted an Individual or Family Membership. This sequence should be reversed.

Lin

Very satisfied

Comments: Our experience has been very good. Customer support responds quickly and so far have resolved any issues.

Pros:

Saves time tracking donations. Easily generat reports for monthend. Easy to set up and navigate, very user friendly. It was easy to add the donation page to our webiste. It works well.

Cons:

We have had a few complaints from donors about the section to donate to Zeffy defaulting to a percentage they feel is too high.

shanmugapriya
Trustee in US
Religious Institutions, 501–1,000 Employees

Eassy or Zeffy

Comments: happy

Pros:

Zeffy is easy to setup and use. Love the reports and dashboard. alerts and notifcation at peak. LOVE IT

Cons:

Stay on this side and never look for fees for at least the non profits. with draw from ACH for auto donations. Call me [sensitive content hidden]. Have a big list to improve and work at TICKET MASTER in IT