Canada Local product

Zeffy Reviews

4.8 (173) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Zeffy

Zeffy is the only zero-fee fundraising platform for nonprofits. Trusted by over 4,000 NPOs across North America.

Learn more about Zeffy

Zeffy ratings

4.8
4.9
4.5
5.0

9.8/10

Zeffy has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 173 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zeffy before?

Dawn
Administrative Volunteer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Zeffy is a superb option for small non-profit organizations!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Zeffy has made it possible for our small non profit retreat ministry to stay affordable for our participants.

Pros:

I love the ease of set up to accept donations, registrations and payments for our retreats. The fact that there are no fees allows us to keep our cost low while our financially secure participants can make donations to cover any fees Zeffy incurs.

Cons:

There have been no cons I've experienced.

Marjorie
Member in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Zeffy is a great solution for non profits

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Extremely please with the costs and the options to do different fund raisers.

Pros:

Zeffy does not charge a processing fee to the nonprofit. It asks the donors if they will contribute to the processing. If donor declines, Zeffy still does not charge a processing fee.

Cons:

The settlement of donations of transactions do not happen except weekly or monthly. It can be up to 13 days before receive funds. We did not have to wait that long on the ones we processed but it is possible.

Rebecca
Executive Director in US
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Best online ticketing platform I've used!

5.0 last month New

Comments: The customer service has been exceptional. It's clear that the staff cares and wants to help.

Pros:

Onboarding is quick and easy. You do not need to be super computer savvy to have yourself up and running with ticket sales online.

Cons:

There was a delay before we could ask for donations because we are a US nonprofit and initially it was only offered to organizations with Canadian banks. I still used it for ticketing as I preferred it to other online options. Now I can get donations deposited directly into our bank account..

Davi
Artistic Director in Canada

Zeffy review - Arts society

5.0 last month New

Comments: Our experience has been fantastic with the software. our not for profit relies on every $ and having a company producing and making available the software at no cost really supports our organization on its mission.

Pros:

its functionality and support to not for profits

Cons:

its functionality and support to not-for-profits, and the possibility to create many forms for different activities for the organization.

Niki
Fund Development Manager in Canada
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

Glad we made the switch to Simplyk

Comments: Their platform is easy to set up, and if I have any questions they get back to me within a few minutes. They also never made me feel like my questions were unwise. Plus, anything that the platform did not do in the beginning, it now does. It wasn’t months that I had to wait for them to change either, it was often very quickly.

Pros:

I love that I can embed the ticketing platform into our website. I’m not sure if Eventbrite now does this, but at the time it didn’t. It is very good for us that we don’t have to send our purchasers to a different website. Our ticket purchasers mentioned that it’s great that they’re not redirected to another page to purchase. They’ve also said that the platform is very easy to use. We haven’t had any complaints, and we’ve had a few ticketed events in the past few months.

Cons:

I find that the form that we embed on our website can sometimes be finicky design-wise. Although, I know a lot of it is our website. I'm just picky about how everything looks.

Cory
Manager of Fundraising & Special Events in Canada
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Five Stars

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Zeffy is an incredible product and has been a real game changer for CMHA Toronto. Donor relations, reporting, and receipting are all vastly improved by this product and the elimination of transaction fees has already saved us tens of thousands of dollars in a short time.

Pros:

I was initially interested in Zeffy due to the promise of zero transaction fees. This is a very appealing feature for donors who always appreciate knowing that 100% of their donation is going to the charity. I had been using another product that charged nearly 5% in transaction fees. I soon began using Zeffy for anything that required a pay portal from the donation page on our website, to campaign pages for third party events. I have also used Zeffy for ticketing, and it has been a flawless experience.

Cons:

The templates can be a bit limiting, for instance if I want to employ a video and info graphic on the same page, you need to click on the box that says 'what impact will this donation have' in order to see the graphic. It's not the worst setup, but it could be improved.

Arooj
Coordinator, Fundraising & Special Events in Canada
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

Great product that saves money

Comments: Using Simplyk has been a great experience, especially in saving us money but also in providing us with a great platform to do our fundraising. Their customer service team is one of the best I've ever dealt with, and I really appreciate having an account manager I can go to for assistance who is very quick to respond and do all they can to help us.

Pros:

The biggest selling feature of Simplyk for non-profits is that they cover the costs of all credit card transaction fees, which saves us a lot of money. On the user end, it's a very clean-looking website, and fairly simple to use. On the back end, setting up ticket pages and campaigns is straightforward and pulling reports is not very complicated. Integrating with Stripe was quick and easy - our accountant loves it!

Cons:

Since Simplyk seems to be a newer software, it is still missing some features that would be great to have and it's sometimes not as robust as we would like. It does not allow users (for us, people who are fundraising on our behalf) to be able to send emails to their sponsors in order to thank them for their donations. It would be nice to have more administrator control as well - there are some things I need to email to Simplyk team to do for me because I can't do them myself.

Simplyk Response

2 years ago

Thank you so much for your great review! We are always working on adding new features and are going to be adding some of the features you mentioned very soon. Thanks again, the Simplyk team

Suzanne
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Non-profit enjoys no fees for credit card processing and more

Comments: Simplyk has been fabulous for our organization. It has decreased our processing fees significantly and has a very kind dedicated team at the ready to support and trouble shoot.

Pros:

I love that it's completely FREE!! I like the simplicity of uploading "events" for sale and the ease of making changes to them. I look forward to using SimplyK for connecting with volunteers and learning and growing with them as they offer more functionality.

Cons:

I hope that some day users/customers could purchase more than one different event at a time and register as a member so they don't need to enter all of their information every time they make a purchase. I also am looking forward to a better description on credit card statements as well as better options for the donation made to SimplyK - right now it is so high that many confuse it with a tax and some do rarely choose not to donate at all as a result.

Zeeshan
Treasurer in Canada
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

One of the best I found in market

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Problems we solved: A simple to use platform for donors and us, that can help maximize funds collected, online, customizable for various campaigns and easy to setup! All our goals were achieved!

Pros:

Simple to use, provides a strong evolving platform that can track from donors to collections, habit and even non-completed forms/donations! Easy to setup forms and modify them... very customizable user experience.

Cons:

Maybe integrate a CRM to help us manage members of the association who are donors and record notes on their files, store member information and track their history.

Melanie
Fundraising Coordinator in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

We love Simplyk, and being transparent with our donors

Comments: Their friendly, professional team have been extremely helpful throughout our implementation and use of the software, from integration with our CRM to updates and responses to questions and issues. The forms integrate beautifully with our website and we couldn't be happier!

Pros:

Simplyk is 100% free for our non-profit to use, which allows 100% of our donors' gift to go towards our mission. Donors can voluntarily choose how much they would like to contribute, or “tip”, to support the operation of the platform, instead of a percentage being taken off the back end without their knowledge. It's increasingly important for us to have these kinds of open, transparent conversations with our donors and the broader community so they can make more informed decisions and have a better understanding of the realities and costs that non-profits face!

Cons:

The back end platform for donors to manage their donations, profile and preferences could use further development.

Rebecca
Fundraising Committee Member in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

A smooth transition and ability to tailor to our needs

Comments: My organization had previously used other fundraiser sites including GoFundMe Charity (previously Crowdrise), who decided to strip down their offering and remove almost all functionality. Zeffy was there to respond to those needs and more. Overall the experience was smoother and more tailored to our needs than any services we have used in the past.

Pros:

Zeffy's features and functionality most closely matched our needs, and the fact that there were no fees taken from donations was a huge bonus. It was easy to learn and use, and the customer support was excellent and attentive. With the help of Zeffy my organization was able to meet our ambitious fundraising goal.

Cons:

There was a bit of muddiness in sorting out the event registration vs. become a fundraiser vs. donation functions for some users, so there seems to be something lacking in the clarity of some of these processes and how they are communicated to users (I would have to spend time looking into and asking users for this feedback to be more precise). There was also a technical issue with the site within the first few days of the fundraiser; it did get resolved within a reasonable amount of time but added a lot of stress and extra work on the part of the organizers to deal with the inquiries that came as a result.

Michele

GREAT PRODUCT

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. I highly recommend them. Do not be afraid.

Pros:

I like the fact that it is free, that when someone donates it is the full amount we receive. It is extremely simple and easy to use. Which is great when the organization is not a big one. This kind of system is perfect for a smaller organization like ours. It's not complicated and it is user friendly and it does whatever we need. I love the fact that those in charge of SimplyK are easy to connect with. They are always helpful and wiling to walk you through whatever problem you have and they are very quick at fixing problems if any. They can be trusted. They are always willing to try and grow new ways of offering the service.

Cons:

It will be a great benefit if eventually they are approved in other provinces to manage raffle tickets online. Otherwise, I don't have anything to criticize them about. They are still growing and they have been willing to adapt and modify as needed.

Simplyk Response

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the glowing review!

Kathy
Chair in Canada

Simplyk and the Arts

Comments: It has been a great experience using Simplyk so far. It's easy to use and enables us to have all our art class events in one spot with access to registrations, sales, etc. The support team is great to work with and listens to our feedback! But for sure the best part is that there are no fees for our organization, which is so important for Not-For-Profit organizations.

Pros:

Simplyk's ticket registration process is perfect for the Arts classes that we offer. It manages the registration process for us and keeps track of sales/registrations at no cost to our organization....not even credit card fees!

Cons:

The software firm is easy to deal with and has incorporated a lot of our suggestions in their product, however we would like to see a process where we can stop and start sales on certain dates and also the ability to customize registration emails and reminder emails with greater ease. But we are seeing improvements every week as they put more thought into this product.

Kelly

SimplyK - a great Fundraising Platform

Comments: I've had a very positive experience thus far with SimplyK. They have a great team who respond to questions in a timely manner and they continue to work on improvements to the platform.

Pros:

SimplyK is a free platform where 100% of the donors funds stays with the charity. As a small charity, that means a lot to us and it was the reason we decided to give it a try. It's easy for donors to use, fairly simple to set it up and offers various options including peer-to-peer and ticketing.

Cons:

SimplyK has made many improvements this past year. As a user of other peer-to-peer platforms, there are some things they can do to improve it for the user during setup. I believe they will make further adjustments and am pleased with their response to my recommendations.

Nicole
Directrice in Canada
Education Management, Self Employed

Simple yet surprisingly extensive

Comments: User friendly and efficient

Pros:

Very user friendly, reliable. Excellent customer service. Always available.

Cons:

Still learning more about all the available options

Marie-Cécile
Directrice administrative in Canada
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees

REALLY 100% free and wonderful support

Comments: Easy to use, no more data loss, time and money savvy, community spirit. Love it !

Pros:

We simply love it (no pun intented) ! We can manage all in one software. No more forgetting about emetting fiscal receipts, loosing a participant or their info, etc. All of that and really easy to use with very kind free support. Simplyk is also eager to get our feedback and work on it. We feel we are part of the same team, working together to reach our goal.

Cons:

It is not really cons but more wishes. More possibilities in the back office such as having several users for our account. Also our end users would like to have the possibility to pay by Interac or check for all kinds of amounts as well as by cash. Etc. Simplyk's team knows our wishes and a lot of things are in development so I am very confident to have most of them eventually.

Michelle
Graphic Designer / Volunteer in US
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees

We ❤️ Zeffy

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I loved using the Zeffy platform to sell tickets for our fundraiser event. Once I set it set up, everything went smoothly. We’ll be using it for more events in the future. I found being able to sell tickets online to be a huge help, in the time it takes and also for planning purposes. And we also now have a list of people who bought tickets with their contact information for future events (which we didn’t necessarily have prior to using Zeffy). Thank you Zeffy!

Pros:

No cost to our service organization and no cost to our customers. Easy to set up, easy for our organization to get paid. Easy for our customers to go to the site and buy tickets.

Cons:

There were a number of times when I had questions about the set up or how to make changes after we were up and running. But there was no one manning the chat feature and when I left a message it took 1-2 days for a Zeffy person to get back to me. When they did I was not near my computer or I had already spent a bunch of time trying to figure it out myself (and being frustrated). I did appreciate that you got back to me to answer my questions. It would be much more helpful if the help was more readily available. I’d love it if the chat feature was truly live, at least during regular business hours. That would be a huge help.

Sarah
Corporate Services Coordinator in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

Beyond Impressed

Comments: The customer service and integrity are second to none. Simplyk's team is so cohesive. They answer my emails quickly, professionally, and with great helpfulness. They arranged video calls to get to know our agency and goals; it's obvious to me that they know our agency personally and care about our success. As far as integrity goes, every promise Simplyk made has been delivered. We were shocked when the first donation came through at 100% of the donated amount. When they say "no fees," they actually mean it. I trust this company completely, and it has been a pleasure working with them on our projects.

Pros:

Simplyk is a dream solution for our fundraising. It is great for the donor, with easy navigation and few clicks. At the back-end, it was so easy to set up our pages and make them look beautiful on the interface.

Cons:

We are hosting an event that requires people to register before they create a fundraising profile. We have had a few people create a profile on the fundraising page without registering beforehand, which requires a bit of manual follow-up. However, Simplyk has some great features in place to prevent this, like auto-directing people to the event page after they register.

Lin

Happy so far!

5.0 last month New

Comments: The biggest benefit is time and money saved. Always a learning curve with a new system, however, we were able to work them quickly.

Pros:

The donor management has been very helpful; time and money saver. Before we started using the Donor Management System, we would record the donations twice (once for us and once for our bookkeeper), generate tax receipts, send out thank you letters. Now it is all done automatically with one entry. We have only gone through one month end so far, but it ran smoothly, I was able to generate reports and my bookkeeper was able to download information to her system seamlessly. Startup and integration was very easy and adding the donation form to our website was effortless.

Cons:

We still get some donations through other agencies that charge a fee. When manually entering them into Zeffy, it was a bit of a struggle to figure out how to indicate the total amount donated and the amount taken off by the other agency for my bookkeepers records. Also, In-Kind donations, there is nowhere to indicate that the donation was not cash.

Shannon
PTIO Treasurer in US
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

Keep every cent of your donations! No CC/Platform Fees!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall the experience has been very good for a free platform that lets us save cc fees. It honestly does more than I thought it would, and we've been happy with it. If Zeffy charged for the platform or cc fees, we would look at comparable platforms. The great thing about Zeffy is that there literally is no comparable platform. EVERYONE charges fees except them. They seems too good to be true, but they're not!

Pros:

Most people thought Zeffy was too good to be true. I begged them to let us try based on reviews from reputable sources like Capterra. We are SO glad we found Zeffy. It's provides more than I hoped for in terms of a platform, and it saves us so much in terms of credit card fees.

Cons:

There are definitely things we've run into that could be more convenient, but we've always been able to fix user errors on the back end or rework things to compensate. The biggest annoyance that we've run into is that once you sign up for a volunteer slot on an event, you can't change it. We will not be using the volunteer service anymore due to that, but everything else has been manageable.

Jessica
Founder and President in US
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Awesome product

Comments: The customer service is excellent!

Pros:

It’s free and takes no fees, it works easily and alerts you quickly of new donors, the spreadsheets are easy to manage and have all the information you need. The customer service is also very quick and lovely.

Cons:

So far nothing is bad. We have been using the product about 6 months and switched from a different product which took out fees.

Alyssa
Board Member in US
Veterinary Software, 2-10 Employees

Great software!

Pros:

My organization started using Zeffy a few months ago and has been very pleased so far. At this point, we are primarily using it for event management because it allows for an easy, free way for customers to purchase tickets to events and make donations. It allows for easy filtering of donors and exporting to Excel if you need to analyze donations further. I have reached out to customer service twice to learn about different product features, and they have been incredibly helpful on both occasions. I am looking forward to learning more about Zeffy's capabilities and implementing them at my organization!

Cons:

I would be interested in more options on the volunteer management pages. I haven't spent a ton of time researching it, but on first glance it looked as though you could only post for specific volunteer event. It would be helpful for my organization if we could use it as a volunteer database.

Sandra
Fundraising and Brand Development Manager in Canada

Great for a Fundraiser

Comments: Very customer friendly staff and overall an easy to use software.

Pros:

We liked that the program was free for us to use which purchasers like when participating in a fundraiser.

Cons:

There were limitations in how we were able to layout the tickets and the overall appearance. But as it was free, we didn't mind.

Catherine
Co-Founder / Board Member / Volunteer in Canada

Highly recommend!

Comments: Initially, we were sceptical and so before we committed we researched Simplyk and Stripe and learned that their software and expertise were in line with what we were looking for. Simplyk has been a great partner for us and we are glad we are using them for our foundation.

Pros:

Simplyk was simple to set up and easy to use for us and for donors.

Cons:

We have not come across any issues with the software.

Susan
Executive Directo in US

Lifesaver for small nonprofit

5.0 last month New

Comments: Because we are such a small organization, when our last donor management system eliminated free accounts, we couldn't afford to continue with them. Zeffy's model is specifically for nonprofits, and they don't take a cent from any funds passing through their system. Instead, they ask each individual donor for a small donation.

Pros:

We have saved hundreds of dollars over the past six months using Zeffy instead of PayPal and Square. Tracking donations and registration is easy; I even get to see who has visited the website every time I check in, whether or not they completed a transaction. Customer service has also been great.

Cons:

I wish that the donor management was a big more robust. I'd like to be able to print out tables comparing years, seeing lapsed donors, etc.