Canada Local product

Descartes Denied Party Screening Reviews

5.0 (22) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Descartes Denied Party Screening

Third-party risk management solutions, including denied party screening, that strengthen compliance and enable growth

Learn more about Descartes Denied Party Screening

Pros:

What I like most is the instant confirmation of the party screened and how easy it is to navigate the software. The training modules have a new employee up to speed in less than 15 minutes.

Cons:

Not easy to find sanctions contents, difficult to understand limitation on export.

Descartes Denied Party Screening ratings

4.9
4.9
5.0
4.8

9.8/10

Descartes Denied Party Screening has an overall rating of 5 out 5 stars based on 22 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Descartes Denied Party Screening before?

Export Compliance Manager in U.S.
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Restricted Party Screening

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Product is easy to use. Reliable and timely customer service.

Cons:

Being able to pull data (metrics) on internal users and to manage accounts, i.e., record when someone has left so I can keep track of licenses.

Todd
Sr. Dir. ITAC in U.S.
Defense & Space, 10,000+ Employees

The best and most efficient global screening tool available.

Comments: This tool is a key part of our semi-automated home grown export management system and has provided timely, accurate, and useful results to ensure we avoid dealing with restricted parties. In over 20 years, I have not found a better more user friendly product to accomplish this function.

Pros:

As a user for over 20 years, the daily updates let me know I am always looking a current restricted party data. The audit feature helps me know how others are using it, and that they are using it, and the fuzzy logic helps me fine tune the level of screening breadth we can perform.

Cons:

As an admin, I and each user get copied on each potential change to a previously reviewed party. Still I would rather have this feature than not, because it helps me track what is cycling through the screening contents.

federico
Sr. Business Director Transportation After Market in Italy
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Experience with Descartes Screening

Comments: Using Decsartes to support our export activities in Europe, daily screening of potential customers

Pros:

Easy to use, flexible and intuitive. Very good the upload functionality

Cons:

not easy to find sanctions contents, difficult to understand limitation on export

Vendor Manager in U.S.
Import & Export, 11-50 Employees

vc3 - rps screening tool

Comments: We need to review daily shipments with their VC3 screening tool. It was easily integrated with our current internal systems which make the ease of use a great tool. If we ever have any questions or concerns, their customer service team is quick to respond and resolve any concerns we may have.

Pros:

We use this software daily and have been a customer for over 6 years. We have never had an issue with the software. It is easy to use and understand. Training new users in our company is very easy. A good reliable product.

Cons:

We really do not have anything negative to say about this software product.

Thomas
Export Control Officer in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent Compliance Tool

Comments: Super positive experience with DVC. Our customer support rep is very responsive to our needs whether it is for a question or to run a batch screen. We have used it for 10 years.

Pros:

The software is very easy to use and takes little time to screen parties. It is, by far, the most used compliance tool in our office. The commodity classification tool helps us classify unique items used and built on campus. We have batch screens that we run daily and annually; these are run and the results reported back to us quickly.

Cons:

The searches tend to include too many items that are false positives (especially when using fuzzy screening), such as The Bruce Company will match to any person named Bruce.

Pam
Compliance Coordinator in U.S.
Defense & Space, 501-1,000 Employees

Denied Party Screening - Descartes

Comments: As a business that has 3 offshore subsidiaries it is crucial to our business to have immediate access to Denied Parties around the world - Descartes gives us that.

Pros:

Cons:

There is really nothing I don't like about this software!

Gerald
Export Control Specialist in Canada
Aviation & Aerospace, 10,000+ Employees

Mk Denial

Pros:

The ease of use and how fast we obtain the result. The DSL is a very nice function als.

Cons:

We use a corporate account for all our employees and although our version is modified to include the employees badge number it is still difficult to audit who is using the tool and at what frequency.

Linda
Director of Compliance in U.S.
Aviation & Aerospace, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Visual Compliance exceeds your trade compliance needs!

Pros:

The functionality of this software is what most appeals to me as a user and administrator. The ability to export reports into Excel format is another great feature. This makes conducting audits from each department easier to do.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about Visual Compliance.

Stacey
Director, Global Trade Compliance in U.S.
Chemicals, 10,000+ Employees

Automated Sanctioned Party List Screening - A Requirement for a Global Company

Comments: Excellent experience by providing an automated ability through our ERP system as well as a portal for manual searches to ensure compliance each step of the way.

Pros:

Ease of use, timeliness and support team

Cons:

Cost of Kharon lists (especially replacement for MK50 list)

Starlett
Sr. Trade Compliance Specialist in U.S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

Sr. Trade Compliance Specialist

Comments: We have solved screening for our several sites.

Pros:

The easy of using the system and the training sessions that are available.

Cons:

Some of the reporting functions we have to go our Rep to complete. I wish we can have the reporting based on each site instead of all together.

Gia
Compliance Manager in U.S.

Easy to use

Comments: the quick result of No matches found/matches found is critical to our business. i also like the Schedule B/ECCN searches; very helpful.

Pros:

Ease of use; Customer Service/[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive; the website is updated quickly as the regs change.

Cons:

before, i had to always type my username and password. that takes time when i'm logging in and i have an urgent shipment, and when things are in a rush, you tend to mistype more! :( I think you guys fixed it now, where my username is now remembered, and i just type the password. that saves users time during login, so please keep that feature on.

Erick
Corporate Export Compliance Manager in U.S.
Warehousing, 10,000+ Employees

Ease of use for screening and regulatory research

Pros:

All modules we have in place are easy to use regarding screening, classification and license determination. Having access to regulations and search functions allow us to stay in compliance.

Cons:

Increase the availability of other countries regulations.

Vinod
Asst Manager Trade Compliance in India
Aviation & Aerospace, 5,001-10,000 Employees

VC is a great tool to comply for export regulations/vendor/supplier screening.

Comments: Based on VC screening result, it is easy to decision on next steps on business proposal/transactions.

Pros:

Quick and Precise result, which helps in taking decisions.

Cons:

I did not find any issues in the software.

Nicole
Associate General Counsel in U.S.
Defense & Space, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent Screening Tool

Pros:

The systems is easy to use and helps to mitigate any compliance risks.

Cons:

There is really nothing negative about this software.

Lusako
Director of Administration and Finance in Malawi
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees

Visual Compliance Review_Lusako

Comments: Outstanding, remarkable and excellent.

Pros:

1. It is very convenient, you just need a web browser to access. 2. Simplifies what can be a very cumbersome and rigorous process of screening entities. 3. The interface is very user friendly and easy to understand

Cons:

1. The unlikelihood to access a visual compliance results sheet if you didn't either e-mail or save it during the time of checking.

Beth
Regulatory Compliance Manager in U.S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

Visual Compliance Review BH Nov 19 2021

Comments: Pleased with the service overall and response time to our inquiries.

Pros:

Audit trail and being able to demonstrate trade compliance in the event of a USG audit.

Cons:

It is not entirely intuitive, but fairly easy to learn.

Joseph
Senior Project Engineer in U.S.
Defense & Space, 201-500 Employees

Descartes Denied Party Screening is Easy to Use!

Comments: I have been doing searches on Descartes Denied Party Screening software for almost 25 years, using the software 6-8 times per year. It is always reliable, and I have never had any technical issues. =The software is extremely easy to use, and provides a strong feeling of satisfaction knowing that I am working with a Vendor who is not on a governmental list.

Pros:

By far, the Descartes Denied Party Screening's ease of use is its best feature. I insert all the required fields, and it rapidly performs the search, and provides results that I can print out for future audits.

Cons:

Have no dislikes about the software. The software meets all my needs at this time.

Katie
Logistics Coordinator in U.S.
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 Employees

Straight-forward, fast, and thorough screening

Pros:

The website pages are easy to follow and allows you to get the information you need quickly so you can continue on with your day. The ability to screen parties with exact, fuzzy, and phonetic matches is also reassuring when confronted with language barriers.

Cons:

No cons. Integration was very simple and there have been no issues!

Lee
Research Integrity Office Director in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent Customer Support

Pros:

It's easy to use and easy to access regulatory sources, but the best part is the customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is extremely friendly, responsive and helpful. He offers periodic webinars so we can learn more about the functionality of the system and I always learn new tricks in them, even though we've used this software for years.

Cons:

I really can't think of anything I dislike.

Rachel
Buyer in U.S.

Very Helpful tool for buyers

Comments: Very satisfied

Pros:

Descartes helps buyers check a debarment for companies they do business with. This screening is necessary and important for defense & aerospace industry. Descartes is a friendly and every easy to use.

Cons:

Not applicable. As a buyer, I like using Descartes website everyday for my work.

Renee
Business Relations Manager in U.S.
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Easy of use and comprehensive

Comments: The staff is very knowledgeable and responsive to questions.

Pros:

The software is very easy to use and it is very comprehensive. It searches over 200 specific lists and the dynamic screening ensures that you will always stay on top of any changes.

Cons:

There really was nothing that I didn't like about this software.

Chelsea
Import/Export Specialist in U.S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Descartes is incredibly user friendly

Pros:

The fillable fields make it easy to learn how to use this product, the ease of it means that it takes next to no time to screen each necessary party, and the email updates should the party you screened have any change to their status make continued monitoring a breeze.

Cons:

It would be nice if the software remembered information already put in so that when having to screen a reoccurring party, you could have the option to auto-populate based on past entries.