QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    3.9 /5

About QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Accounting software that offers inventory tracking, sales tax management, invoicing, billing, accounts payable and expense management.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Showing 1,285 reviews

Maaya Y.
Payroll Coordinator
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-08

"Advanced Accounting Software"

Pros: As someone who used Quickbooks Online prior to using this version, Desktop Pro is definitely more advanced. It's user-friendly; however, it's a more established software so it's better for companies that's been open longer and has an accounting team. For startup businesses that's learning about accounting, I would recommend Quickbooks Online instead. If I were to compare this to photoshop softwares, it would be like Quickbooks Online is equivalent to Pixlr and Desktop Pro would be Adobe Photoshop. For companies with more than 50 people, I would highly recommend this software. It's a lot faster than QBO and more features.

Cons: There were some times where the serve had issues so we had to log out/in at the small business that I used to work at. But that happened every once in awhile.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-08
Alan L.
Event coordinator
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-27

"The investment is worth the time and convience"

Comments: Regardless overall, as a small business owner or not the utilization of using QuickBooks especially for a financial software is very easy to use. It has all the basics pretty much could anything I need on it. I haven't had an issue with QuickBooks I just recommend certain things like higher security as such.

Pros: The easy of use, not complicated at all to utilize. it's also good with third-party applications and integrations, makes it much more easier. Price wise it is affordable since I would say it's worth the money it's for. It also has a very large support Network. Personally best software to keep financial records, especially for small businesses

Cons: The security on it does lack, there isn't a two-step authentication. And there was a limitation to the number of products in the list especially for inventory purposes. There are also file size issues that need to be addressed, and personally I also believe there needs to be more utilization into e-commerce.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-27
James B.
Managing Director
Pharmaceuticals, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-13

"Simple Accounting Software"

Comments: I have used it for many years. I have done the upgrades as well and the customer service is helpful

Pros: This is easy to use. I can get all of my invoices done and manage my cash flow. At tax time, I can get a copy for the account and he can update the information. You can link to your credit cards and banks as well

Cons: It would be good if they had some way of tracking hours or some way you could assign the hours for billing

• Reviewed on 2020-07-13
ASEA
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-01

"Easiest accounting software I've used"

Pros: I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

Cons: The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

by Intuit on 2019-03-07

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done.

In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates.

In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2019-03-01
Mike H.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-07

"Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization"

Comments: Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

Pros: My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Cons: Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs.
You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees).
Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

• Reviewed on 2017-06-07
Genevieve C.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-29

"Great accounting software"

Comments: The overall experience has been great. QB helps keep our financials well organized, and I would definitely recommend this software to anyone, small business or large.

Pros: QB Desktop Pro is great accounting software for a small business. It is easy to navigate and there is no shortage of options to customize it to make it work just right for your business. If you ever want to know how to perform a certain task in QB, I've found that a quick Google search will yield very helpful results, and it always ends up being very easy and intuitive.

Cons: With my particular version (QB Desktop Pro 2017), the program crashes when switching between companies. You have to fully close out of one company, wait for the automatic backup to complete (if applicable), and only then enter your password for the next company and login. Even then it still sometimes closes out. If like me you only have two companies (or one!) and you rarely switch between them then it's not a big deal, but it would be very frustrating if you're switching between multiple companies many times a day.

by Intuit on 2018-08-31

I'll exhaust my resources to ensure you can seamlessly switch between companies, Genevieve. When it comes to crashes of any type, a great place to start is with this Community-hosted overview: community.intuit.com/articles/1460106. It tackles causes of a crash, as well as solutions.

While I always suggest making backups to safeguard against data loss (community.intuit.com/articles/1460106), I also encourage you to explore the Community space a bit more. Search for any specific error codes you may see before the system closes out, as this multi-function Q&A space is a comprehensive troubleshooting database with fixes penned by the engineers themselves.

Have a lovely weekend ahead, and keep up the great work at San Diego Vacation Rentals and Realty Consultants!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2018-08-29
Shannon A.
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-12

"QuickBooks Desktop Review"

Comments: Some of the benefits that has helped is producing individual statements to send to out clients. This feature is nice since you can produce only a few statement at a time, since it may not be necessary to produce a whole batch at one time.

Pros: I like how the reconcile feature works under the banking section. It allows the user to make changes by leaving the reconcile screen to make any changes within the QuickBooks program, and it still holds everything where you left off, which keeps the user from having to start over. Once complete, it creates the reconciliation detail report and a summary report, which is easy to print, or save in electronic file.

Cons: My biggest frustration is just learning how to use the software. Their is always a learning curve to learning a new software program. To help with learning QuickBooks, I took a class at a local community college to learn and understand how QuickBooks works. It is also helpful to have some accounting knowledge with learning QuickBooks.

by Intuit on 2019-08-22

No one wants to do the same work twice, so you can count on us to save your progress while reconciling, Shannon. There can be a bit of a learning curve with the software, but we're positive that you can master it. We also have some great resources to help you get there, like our Community space. Here you can find helpful articles and post questions which are answered by fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: community.intuit.com

Thanks for the amazing review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2019-06-12
Carolyn B.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-12

"QuickBooks Pro Review for Small Business Owner"

Comments: I use QuickBooks Pro to manage my independent consulting company and selected the monthly subscription option. This has proven to be a very good decision for me, making what could be a very painful process much less onerous. When you initially log in, you are greeted with a home screen dashboard with the salient business points visually presented. The menu along the side is intuitive to use and most things are easy to find. Linking to my bank accounts was painless, and it's a one click update to get the latest transactions added for all of my accounts. My Accountant can log in with their own login (you can give up to 2 Accounting or Bookkeeping firms access) and work with my information in place. This makes my life easier so I don't have to export information and send it anywhere. I did have a struggle with the Taxes portion, I made an installment and when the transaction came in I was unable to figure out how to apply it to my Sales Tax report. Maybe I will figure it out, but it isn't a easy as other functionality has proven to be. Also, I have had issues getting cheques to print properly on my bank stock cheques, so I wish that was something that you could modify more (move fields around to actually match up with where they are on my cheque). Overall I am very happy with my choice, it is reasonably priced (about $ a month including all updates) and the functionality and ease of use have been great for someone who is not a financial expert (I'm an IT expert).

Pros: Easy to link to bank accounts
Invoicing is quick
Can allow access to your Accountant or Bookkeeper
Love the Home Dashboard!

Cons: Taxes are tricky.
You can't have a separate area for your home budgeting/expenses, would need to have a separate license and login. - this would be nice to have.
Cheque layout can't be modified so I cannot use with my bank cheques (i.e. If I want to move address info up or down to match where it should actually print on my cheque).

• Reviewed on 2017-04-12
Karen M.
Property Manager
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-08

"Comprehensive Product but it seems like the desktop version is being phased out"

Comments: If I was starting now, I would start with QuickBooks Online and save the hassle of trying to switch to it down the road.

Pros: QuickBooks Pro is a great program and I can't imagine using anything else to run my small business. You can set it up so many ways to make it work for what you want to track. I like the desktop version because all my online accounts have been hacked and I don't want my clients or my financial information out in the world because of me. I also like that I can use it if I don't have internet access which happens more times than you would think. I also like that I can run several small companies with just one version of the program.

Cons: Because they have QuickBooks Online, they have disabled or limited many download features in the desktop version. I can't get downloads from my bank anymore, for example. It is taking me longer and longer to do the same things and is having a negative impact on my one person business. I am looking into putting my 15 years of data into a format that will work well online and that is a bit daunting. It seems that how you use Jobs, Customers and Classes can vary greatly and sometimes will not work the same in the different versions. But, is seems that online is where everything is going so I need to put in more time now to make things easier going forward.

• Reviewed on 2017-05-08
Paula C.
Controller
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-11

"Quickbooks Pro 18 continues to be the "can't be beat" competitor!"

Comments: QB really can't be beat for price, ease of use and functionality. As long as setup, routine maintenance and review of the system is done by a qualified financial person, the day-to-day input, invoice generation, etc. can be easily handled at the clerical/owner level. Of course, your QB expert/accountant should always be available to handle ad hoc issues that arise, as well as to oversee the system and review the output.

Pros: QB is an extremely powerful tool that can accommodate a wide range of organizations of various sizes, including not-for-profits. It is quick and easy to learn how to input data into the various modules. The bank reconciliation function is readily learned, even if the user doesn't actually know how to do a bank reconciliation. The inventory module, which is included in the basic package, works well for uncomplicated inventories. Invoices, journal entries, etc. can be "memorized" to enable quick recording of recurring transactions. Because QB is so prolific, many other applications interface directly (for example, banking), making QB use even easier and saving more time.

Cons: Beyond data input, standard entries and bank reconciliations, QB is best handled by an accountant who understands the ramifications of non-standard journal entries, voids, memorized transactions, etc. Because the software is so flexible, it is easy to delete and change transactions. Setup and maintenance should be done by a qualified accountant who is familiar with the intricacies of the system. QB likes to say that this software is user-friendly, and it is, to a point. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you won't need an accountant if you use QB (or any other accounting software, for that matter).

• Reviewed on 2018-12-11
Paula C.
Controller
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-07

"Great value -- can't beat it for the price!"

Comments: Despite the drawback mentioned, QB has so much functionality for the price that, if there's another program that even comes close in value, I don't know about it. It is adaptable to a wide range of organizations. Additionally, because it is so ubiquitous, there are a lot of resources available to enable the user to get the most productivity out of this dynamo program.

Pros: QB is a comprehensive financial program with a high degree of flexibility. It has a wide array of standard reports, which are easily customized. Data from external programs can be imported into QB via Excel. The capacity (of vendors, customers, G/L accounts, companies etc), is high enough that it's never been an issue for me. It's fairly user friendly to someone with at least a basic accounting background. Non-accountants can be easily trained in specific aspects of the program.

Cons: The high degree of flexbility mentioned above is a double-edged sword -- it means that data can be easily deleted, changed, etc, thereby potentially comprising data integrity. For this reason, the program must be overseen and monitored by someone with a comprehensive understanding of the data risks involved. Therefore, QB is more suited to to an environment with fewer users who are well-supervised.

• Reviewed on 2017-09-07
Brian T.
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-12

"QuickBooks Pro for Small Business"

Comments: The cost of QB Pro upgraded every 3 years. A very cost effective solution for a typical small business in need of basic accounting and financial management tools.

Pros: QuickBooks Pro can assist you in running your small business efficiently and effectively beyond basic financial management. Like any software tool, you will need to understand the capabilities of the tool to maximize the benefits. There are a lot of rich features in QB Pro that, when set-up properly, can tell you a lot about how well you business is operating. For the majority of small businesses, QB Pro is a sufficient and necessary tool of the business. As an industry leading software, there are many add-ons that can be acquired for specific purposes/needs.

Cons: QuickBooks Pro can unfortunately be established and managed by inexperienced and/or unknowledgeable people who can set-up the system wrong or make egregious mistakes. These mistakes can be difficult to find and resolve. The software is only as good as the people using it. The inventory system included with QB Pro is not very robust and only meant to serve as a very simple product structure. Naturally, the more complex your business becomes, the more complex your QB set-up becomes.

• Reviewed on 2017-07-12
John H.
Accountant
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-11

"Expensive, very little support, impossible to upgrade"

Comments: Terrible support, only ask the community support like their TurboTax product, not was to get to a real person, and very hard to chat with a real person inside their company when they have to do something to help you with upgrades.

Pros: De Facto-standard when it comes to small business accounting, other accountants/CPAs understand it, it does really nice with General Ledger, and it does well with the FIRST year of payroll, but then things get messy

Cons: Annually, they want a sinnful amount of money for the next year(s) Payroll (Desktop) unless you just buy a new version of the product that comes with a year of payroll included. However, while you can update the base product, you the user can NOT upgrade the Payroll product, you have to call them. Oh, this year (2020) they aren't handling calls, so even though they tell you to call them, the phone message tells you to use Help inside the program, and to chat with them for help. The next problem you might find is that there is NO chat option within the Help function. Actually, its there but the way their program lays out the help screen the Chat button might be (will probably be) off the screen where you can't access so it. It's on the bottom of the screen, but you can't move the screen. Just very poor programing and the UI stinks. Eventually I found it and then the person is helpful, but they can't actually do the upgrade either, they have to have one of their back office people generate a key, and then an hour or more later they can provide that to you. A real test of your patience!

• Reviewed on 2020-09-11
Alex P.
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-29

"Quickbooks Desktop Pro experience"

Comments: Overall very happy with QB Desktop Pro - I'm no accountant but this software is pretty straightforward and makes it easy to keep track of the office finances. I am able to easily enter in ledger items and print checks.

Pros: I am easily able to search for checks or other financial line items in order to find when something was written. Also incorporates accountant's changes smoothly. Daily use is straightforward, although I do only have a beginner's knowledge

Cons: It took me a while to figure out why my checks weren't printing - there was a little box I had to check. Also it seems like it is always wanting me to update it all the time. I usually can't tell any difference after the updates.

by Intuit on 2019-08-30

We love knowing that you've been able to use QuickBooks to manage your business finances, Alex! You can continue to count on us to help out with certain aspects like keeping track of checks and relaying data to your accountant. To find out additional details about your account we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). QuickBooks is always working to provide the best functionality for you. For more info on what's happening with new updates, we invite you to take a look at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Thank you for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2019-08-29
Joni M.
Administrative Assistant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-12

"Helps you easily organize your finances"

Comments: I was the administrative assistant for a start-up business. This man had been in business previously and several partners screwed him over. He was attempting to get this portion of his previous business back off the ground so he could pay off the thousands of dollars in debt they left him with. I created QuickBook entries for each credit card and outstanding bill. I entered all of the financial transactions that had taken place in the previous months. I was able to show him each month exactly how much he'd taken in and where every penny was going. It was so rewarding for both of us to see on paper exactly how those debts were being paid off. Along the way, I eliminated several recurring expenses he wasn't even aware of. It was so easy to straighten it all out once everything was entered in QuickBooks!

Pros: QuickBooks has so many ways to personalize your income and expenses, and then you can run reports for everything imaginable! As long as you've entered the data, QuickBooks will easily plug in the numbers and present you with a quality report that you can print or email. It only takes a few short minutes.
Quickbooks tech help is outstanding! With Desktop Pro you get 1 year of unlimited tech service. They were able to answer any questions I had. They also taught me how to use helpful features that I didn't even know were available.

Cons: Occasionally I would call tech support and find myself talking to someone who speaks heavily accented english. It didn't usually pose a problem as they were always able to help me work through whatever I needed.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-12
Jimmy S.
Finance
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-07

"Ability to track finances ."

Comments: Track all our income and expenses in order to produce monthly financial statements, keep up on accounts receivable, keep track of accounts payable, etc.

Pros: Helpful to be able to use the "class" function to track multiple business lines in one P&L statement. The desktop version is so much better than the online version because you don't have to wait for the internet to load after every click (processes much faster) and you don't have to always be connected to the internet to use the software.

Cons: It feels somewhat archaic and doesn't have a sophisticated enough invoicing process for things like monthly contracts, etc. so I have to manually email hundreds of invoices a month.

by Intuit on 2018-05-10

I'm pleased to hear how the Desktop software is able to keep you on top of your finances, Jimmy. With time equaling money, I have some information that could save you some. In QuickBooks, you can setup what's called Memorized Transactions, meaning emails automatically sent for you. I have an article that goes over creating and modifying them: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502201-create-and-modify-memorized-transactions. If there's anything you need, we're only a question away. Sean, The QuickBooks Team.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-07
Robin M.
office manager
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-04

"Quickbooks is so easy and a great way to manage your business!"

Comments: I would definitely recommend this to a friend. In fact, I have recommended to several people who have decided to go with QuickBooks and have been pleased.

Pros: We use this software to run our business. We use Macs and need to be able to use a system that is Job Based. Quickbooks is user friendly to use. We pay the extra monthly charge for support. When we have had to use this, we have been able to reach tech support quickly and they have always been able to solve our issues.

Cons: When you change a customer address , it changes it for life. So if a customer moves, it doesn't show which orders are at the old address and which are at the new address. Also , if a customer has multiple locations, it just updates it each time - you can't pick from a list of locations.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-04
Candice S.
Finance Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-18

"Love the ease of use and the functionality"

Comments: I've had a great experience working in Desktop Pro.

Pros: I thought the software was very easy to use. It is very user friendly. A lot of the functions are spelled out on the screen for you, which i think is very helpful for someone who maybe has never used the software. I like all the different functions, such as reporting, sending invoices, ability to keep customer information stored, ability to create certain tax forms right from QB. I also really like that you can have multiple windows open at once, unlike the online version.

Cons: The only complaint I have about the software is not being able to use remotely, without remotely logging onto my desktop where the software is stored.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-18
Ericka B.
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-09

"5 Stars for Functionality & Ease of Use"

Pros: I enjoy the step by guidance and suggestions when using the templates, which are highly effective. I love that the software literally cuts my work load in half because the software does the thinking and organizing for me.I love this product and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons: I feel like the softer really had no flaws other than it could run a bit faster between the uploading of information.

by Intuit on 2019-08-26

It makes our day when we get to read glowing testimonies like yours, Ericka. Our products are designed to increase efficiency and save time, so we're thrilled to know that QuickBooks has cut your workload in half! For tips and tricks to quickly resolve issues with the software's performance, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/manage-data/resolve-quickbooks-desktop-performance-issues-manage-your-data/00/201665

We appreciate the great review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2019-06-09
Chris F.
Dir Operations
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-26

"Love working in QuickBooks"

Comments: I wish there was a better onboarding process, to hold our hands a bit. But then again, the price doesn't really cover that, so I can't be too salty. But the day-to-day is excellent, and I have confidence we will continue to use the product for years to come.

Pros: The aesthetics, and all the views are frequently a great help when trying to organize and dive deeper into our finances. I like how everything links, and there is a decent amount of customizability.

Cons: Most of all, I wish there was an effective back button. Oftentimes if you click a link, there's no way to get back where you came from - your more like go "up" to the broader report to which you were taken.
The onboarding was also challenging, as I think it would be for most novices, because there are not good resources or support to help teach the tools embedded within QB.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-26
Cheri G.
Owner operator
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-05

"Quickbooks"

Pros: This software has allowed me to manage the books of my small business. Running payroll, and getting ready for tax season for the company has been such a pleasure because of quickbooks. I have tried to outsource payroll and each time I come back to quickbooks for its ease of use and productivity.

Cons: Some times I find there are too many options for reports.

by Intuit on 2019-02-08

Reviews like yours are what we strive for, Cheri, as it's affirming to know QuickBooks has always been able to provide your business the tools it needed to thrive. This also means being able to offer equally helpful resources whenever you have a question. For this reason, I encourage you to check out our Community page. This space holds a wealth of self-help articles covering a wide range of QuickBooks-related topics. You can start exploring what's available by following this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

QuickBooks is proud to be backing you, Cheri. Thank you for taking the time to review the program, by the way!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2019-02-05
Sara C.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-30

"Quickbooks is still the best small business financial software"

Comments: I have used Quickbooks desktop for about 13 years as a professional bookkeeper. I use it for all aspects of financial record-keeping. I track credit card transactions, deposits, and checks. I print checks. I process payroll and payroll tax reports. I reconcile accounts and process financial reports in multiple ways to look at the data. I absolutely couldn't do my job without this software, and I've never tried anything else that works this well.

Pros: I love that with Quickbooks Desktop Pro I can customize the way I set up the chart of accounts, and I can do any journal entries I need to do, in order to set up my record keeping the way I need it. I really like that I can track information by class and/or job so I can look at financials accordingly. Not all accounting software is so flexible and customizable.

Cons: I really dislike that every 3 years the software support is discontinued so we are forced to purchase the newest version. I also think the add-on payroll subscription is unnecessarily expensive. (I realize I am not here to critique the payroll subscription, so I am trying to focus on my feelings about the software without regard to payroll.)

• Reviewed on 2019-12-30
Michelle W.
Office manager
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-05

"Easy"

Pros: I like that in one place you’re able to do banking, payroll, write checks, pay bills

Cons: It can be expensive and it takes a while to get customer support

• Reviewed on 2019-11-05
Brianna F.
Project Administrator
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-28

"Quickbooks: Accounting with Ease"

Comments: As a General Contractor, we utilize credit cards to purchase construction materials, cover staff travel expenses, and pay subcontractors. The Vendor Center organizes these transactions in an orderly fashion where they can be sorted by credit card, date, or amount. Instead of spending minutes scrolling tediously through transactions, a charge can be located in a hassle free manner. The reconciliation tool also helps keep our books in check!

Pros: I enjoy the user friendly platfrom that Quickbooks Pro offers. I do not have an accounting background, so when I was asked to take on our small business' books, the task seemed daunting. Quickbooks Pro has given me a clear and user friendly outlet to get the job done. The suggested tips and tricks are practical for saving time and improving accounting accuracy.

Cons: I would appreciate more ERP Integrations between parallel accounting softwares to reduce double entry for Vendors.

• Reviewed on 2019-06-28
Stephanie C.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-13

"It's the Industry Standard for a Reason"

Comments: My overall experience with QuickBooks Pro is that while I have access to other bookkeeping and accounting programs to use both in my business and with my clients, QuickBook Pro is 99.9% the choice that I make when given the option.

Pros: This software is easy to learn and easy to implement into service. With understandable instruction and help menus a user can quickly become familiar with the day-to-day tasks rather quickly and then learn the more advanced features as they become necessary in the operation of the business.

Cons: About the only thing that I would say is that there are some redundancies in the operation and there are some reports and forms that could more easily be auto-filled (to my liking).

• Reviewed on 2019-03-13