• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.8 /5

About Convergence LMS

Full-featured solution for workforce training and compliance management. Track online, classroom, and field-based training activities.

Learn more about Convergence LMS

Brian S.
Traning And Development Coordinator
Paper & Forest Products
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-06

"Good product impeccable customer service."

Comments: After having convergence up and running almost a year I can say I like the product, but there are design aspects that could be more user-friendly. However, the customer service is second to none and there has never been a time that I couldn't get immediate help from a real person who fixed my problem or answered my question with speed and professionalism.

Pros: Powerful Product with a large range of options

Cons: The design process for new content types and designing overlays is tedious and difficult. Have had to write a book just to use it

by Convergence Training on 2016-12-06

HI Brian. Thanks for the review, and thanks for the nice words about our support team. We'll be sure to pass that along.

I don't think you were on board for the initial admin training. It sounds a short refresher webinar could help. I'll have the support team reach out to you.

Also, we have a new version of the LMS coming out in early 2017, with loads of new time-saving workflows and improved design. Stay tuned for more info.

Randy T.
Corporate Manager, EHS & Training
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-24

"Great LMS that is easy to use"

Pros: Convergence provides quality information and their system is easy for our employees to use and understand.

Cons: One of the cons I have with the learning management system is that their reporting features could be better.

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-30

Thank you for your positive input and great rating. We'll continue working on our reporting features. Please feel free to reach out to our support team when there's anything else you need along the way.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-24
Paula L.
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-16

"Great tool"

Comments: Convergence LMS has made many training administrative duties much easier and simpler, such as assigning, accrediting, recording, and reporting. The implementation was a breeze and they helped me every step of the way to ensure the system was customized exactly necessary for our organization. Pros:
Admin training - informative and specific.
Entire implementation process (not daunting).
User-friendly.
Reporting function.
Ability to set custom reminders/email notifications
Options on how the user receives "credit" for training.
Access to hundreds of training modules.
Cons:
There aren't much, but if I had to:
Bulk assignments have limited editing abilities.
Cannot create custom reports
Ability to give credit to training modules/videos (not a "con" - more of a "nice to have")
Overall I highly recommend Convergence.

by Convergence Training on 2017-03-07

Thanks for the review, Paula! Glad to hear we're helping to make your job a little easier.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-16
Steve M.
Corporate Safety Director
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-06

"Great LMS"

Pros: Some pros include ease of access; good selection of topics; mining-specific topics; and ability to track training time.

Cons: The one con is that printing certificates can be a hassle - a little more complicated than it needs to be.

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-30

Thank you for your positive feedback on our features and content. We've forwarded your suggestions for improving the certificate printing experience and hope to have that addressed soon. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with input or questions. We¿re here to help.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-06
Jill G.
Sr. Training Manager
Warehousing, 201-500 Employees

"Safety Courses - YES!"

Pros: I liked the number of safety courses that were available and the ease of use. The courses are very simple to navigate and well put together.

Cons: I think that the admin side is pretty cumbersome. I've worked in a lot of LMS's over the years and thought I could figure this one out on my own. I can't. It's been pretty difficult but I think that it's just the terminology that I must get used to.

Eric W.
Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-02

"Building a safety program"

Pros: The ability to upload and personalize content to specific job qualifications along with the content already on the program. Also, the ability to link to our HR system.

Cons: The biggest con (for me) was that I decided to go with self paced learning to run the system. I should, and probably will, go for face to face training to make sure I am getting the most out of the system.

Angela T.
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-20

"Convergence MMU"

Comments: Interface could be more user friendly and intuitive. Less steps to accomplish goals with regard to administration.

by Convergence Training on 2017-03-07

We're sorry to hear you're having some troubles using the Convergence LMS, Angela. We have a fantastic support team here, as it appears you're aware of, and some great resources in our knowledgebase. I'll confirm with support that you have access to all these materials, and I'll see if we can also arrange a session with our training team to help you smooth out some of the bumps in your workflow. There are often many ways to accomplish a single task in the LMS. We'll show you some tips and tricks to speed things up.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-20
Barrett J.

"Great LMS"

Comments: This LMS is used on over 40 vessels and also for shore-side personnel. Ease of use is amazing and support is great.

by Convergence Training on 2016-12-06

Hi Barrett! Thanks for the review. We're happy to hear you're finding our LMS easy to use and that support has been treating you well. We'll pass that along.

Andy V.
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-11

"Excellent Learning Management System"

Comments: We have been using this system for more than a year now and have been very happy with it. The system is very intuitive and user friendly. Support is also spot on.

by Convergence Training on 2016-11-14

Thanks Andy! We appreciate the review.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-11
Cindy T.
Technical Writer and Training Manager
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-22

"When I took over as LMS administrator, I had no one to train me. Your awesome support team helped!"

Comments: I can make bulk assignments to large teams in less than a minute (with proper set-up).

Pros: I like how easy it is to upload content, pull reports, send reminders, track who's been naught and who's been nice in doing their assignments. Convergence provides a huge variety of training to help us stay current on safety training requirements. But what I REALLY like most about this software is the people; the support team has the patience of Job and are incredibly helpful. They've even created special software modifications to help me with my special requests.

Cons: I wish it would link quizzes to content I upload so I don't have to look for the quiz that goes with each assignment. I also wish there were fewer steps (example: check an item, move it over to a box, check it again, hit select)

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-09

We appreciate your feedback our content upload and tracking features. And we definitely like hearing that our support team has created a positive experience for you. Our software team has reviewed your comments and is always working toward improved usability.

Curt W.
Training Supervisor
Food Production, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-02

"Food Production Manufacturer in Grand Rapids"

Comments: overall, Convergence has been very easy to use, and very effective in its ability to track self-paced training, and generate reports as requested. It's been everything we've needed in an LMS.

Pros: The biggest advantage Convergence has, in my opinion, is their customer attention and responsiveness. When we first engaged this software, we received very helpful instruction and guidance from the trainer, especially, and then ongoing support from the helpline. Even though there is a 3 hour time difference, the staff was very responsive and available, as needed. We never felt 'left in the dust' to fend for ourselves.

Cons: There are 2 relatively minor items, (which might already be in the works to be improved, based on past experience!). When entering large quantities of items to be selected, the system starts to bog down after about 15 entries - which is easily enough solved by hitting the 'select' button - so this is a minor irritant. The other item which would be helpful would be, when adding records in Credit Wizard, if the selected Activity would 'stick', instead of having to re-search for the activity. Again, these are minor inconveniences - NOT biggies.

Jim W.
Chief Administrative Officer
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-06

"Convergence Training for Rand Whitney Containerboard"

Comments: Rand-Whitney Containerboard (RWCB) partnered with Convergence LMS in the spring of 2016. Our mission was to improve employee training by adding a computer based LMS to compliment our current "on the job" training. RWCB staff (IT, Prod. Mgmt., C.A.O.) went through a two-day, on-site training with a Convergence staff member to build a database, generate ideas on implementation, what training modules should be required for each production position and a time frame in which these assigned modules should be completed. Kickoff meetings for production crews (4) were held at the end of June where an overview of the training was presented, why RWCB was implementing a computer based LMS an explanation of expectations and time frame on which required modules were to be completed. The training was launched on July 1, 2016, with a date of December 31, 2016, for required modules to be completed. Approximately 60 employees were assigned required training modules. Based on the job position in the mill, required modules ranged from 7 (current entry level employees to 45 (Shift Supervisors (4), Senior Operators (8)). By the end of July about 1/3 of the employees completed their required modules. As of December 1, only two employees have completed their required modules. With a total of 45 modules selected by RWCB, each employee is offered the balance of modules, if not required to be taken, as Electives. RWCB is also implementing a process in which an employee is up for a promotion, one of the considerations will be completing the modules required for the position that open. I believe that not only the Convergence Training program has been very beneficial to RWCB employees that have been here for five years or less but also to employees that have been with RWCB since the mill started up in 1994. I found the experience to be better than I expected.

by Convergence Training on 2016-12-06

Thanks for the great info Jim. Sounds like everything is going smoothly for you. We're pleased to hear that you're happy you chose to go with Convergence.

Zoinyer M.
HSE Administrative Assistant
Food Production, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-22

"The entire staff is great and always helpful even with the smallest of concerns"

Comments: tracking, entering data from outside sources

Pros: Ease of importing documents and being able to delete users from assignments, especially turning on/off bulk edit.

Cons: Customizing reports to our needs has been a little off. Would like to see more options on the manage users screen for new and existing employees.

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-09

Thank you for your positive comments on our team and our system's ease of use. Our software team is continually working to improve the performance and usability of our LMS and our reporting features are a particular focus. We'll ensure your comments reach our software team.

Randy F.
Training & Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-10

"Great system. Great Support."

Pros: User friendly for both the administrator and the end user. I have used 'clunky' systems in the past and this system eliminates many of those annoying characteristics.

Cons: Would like some additional notification/report settings and parameters. I.E. the ability to run exception reports and have the report go to only Supervisors whose employees appear on that report.

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-09

Thank you for your positive feedback on our support team and our system's ease of use. We appreciate your input on our reports as well. That's actually a set of features that we are continually working to optimize. Your comments will definitely reach our software development team. Please don't hesitate to let us know when there's anything else we can help you with.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-10
Catherine H.
Manager Training & Development
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-23

"Value the application - wish I was more of a power user"

Comments: Manage and document compliance training for our facility

Pros: I have been involved working with Convergence as one of the pilot GP sites. The application has a nice design, solid performance and I experience great customer service. As a company - we have an IT professional serve as a facilitator for the organization so many of the issues and concerns are resolved in advance of contacting customer services. Customer rep. has provided outstanding facilitation through the numerous upgrades.

Cons: Can't really think of anything - I need to take more time to keep our system working as designed. We should really be using the application for all verification and certification but there is considerable churn in our organization so it is difficult to keep up with administrator training.

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-09

Thank you for your positive comments. Good to hear that we've managed upgrades and your growing needs well. As you get more exposure to the system, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for help.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-23
Christina W.
EHS Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017-08-03

"The LMS is a very well running program and Convergence provides really good support."

Pros: Low, essentially non-existent, problem/failure rate. The LMS is flexible and relatively easy to manage.

Cons: The report options and report results view has some limitations. Also, the bulk versus individual assignments tool can be confusing.

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-30

Thank you for your kind comments on our system and support. Our software team is continually working to improve reporting speed and flexibility. For specific reporting concerns or to discuss custom report development, please contact our support team. We'll be happy to help!

• Reviewed on 2017-08-03
Teri B.
LMS Manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-12

"Convergence gets an A+!"

Pros: Service and support are A+++. Very user friendly and intuitive.

Cons: More creative options for customization would be nice.

Safety Administrator
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-11

"Very friendly, informed staff makes Convergence the best!"

Pros: I was on the team that implemented the training, am an administrator and have taken some of the classes. The whole system is easily navigated. Response to questions is incredibly fast. Staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. Regular emails are sent to keep us up to date with new classes.

Cons: Nothing really. We could use more classes in Spanish, but they're steadily adding them. Our contact with Convergence stays up on the latest information and keeps us informed.

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-30

We appreciate your comments on our software and support staff. We work hard to ensure customers have positive experiences with every aspect of our business. And you're right, we're continually developing multilingual eLearning courses, including more in Spanish. As your needs grow and when questions come up, please feel free to let us know.

Scott C.
Safety Manager
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-11

"The courses are applicable to our industry. The website navigation is easy."

Pros: I like the ease of navigation in the system. If employees find it difficult to navigate they are going to resist taking the courses.

Cons: I would like to see more driving courses. Convergence is doing a great job adding courses but of course there is always going to be something that we need more of.

by Convergence Training on 2018-05-30

Thank you for your comments on our user experience design. We try to ensure that both administrators and users find the system intuitive and easy to use. We'll make sure your interest in more driving courses reaches our content development team. And we'll look forward to more details on what specific types of driving courses would be most helpful to your organization.

Don P.
  • Reviewed on 2017-03-07

"Convergence Safety and LMS"

Comments: The safety aspect of the LMS has helped our organization to get a great jump start on training. The ease of use, cost and service from Convergence is one of the best I have experienced in 20+ years in the Learning and Development business. I look forward to building a great partnership as our company grows. I can not imagine trying to build a Learning Organization with a complicated LMS. Look forward to the journey. Don Pratt

by Convergence Training on 2017-03-07

Thanks Don. We're looking forward to it too!

• Reviewed on 2017-03-07
Randy W.
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-05

"Convergence System"

Comments: Good morning. I have used the MSHA Training module for over two years. The system is very easy to administer. It is always up to date and informative. The dash board reporting gives me everything I need. The system is also very "User Friendly" for both my employees and myself. And, I always got prompt response when I had a question.

by Convergence Training on 2016-12-05

Thanks for the review, Randy. We're happy to hear the Convergence LMS is helping you get the job done.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-05
John G.
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-03

"Convergence Review"

Comments: I like the features and functionality that the Convergence LMS has to offer. Specifically the CBT content and the Qualifications that we've created in the system to help supplement our training program.
There have been a few items that I should also mention that we are not fond of. Your courses do not have functionality that allows the user to retake only the questions that they have missed on test. I'm also unable to customize the scores on the test myself without asking Convergence to do this function for me. The former company (Pure Safety) we utilized had this capability. Overall I give the system a good rating, but I would request that your content developers consider what I have mentioned above.

by Convergence Training on 2016-11-07

John, you'll be happy to know that custom passing scores are one of the many new features available in our new course templates. These updates will be pushed out early Q1 2017.

We're also working on adding the ability to retake only incorrect test questions, so keep an eye out for that functionality in a future update.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-03
Ray S.
Training and Development Manager
Human Resources, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-06

"Good deal for the cost"

Comments: The experience is not always intuitive but the support structure is incredibly strong and helpful. Customer service responds promptly and the support websites are helpful.

Pros: Organizational structure makes sense. Reports are useful

Cons: Sometimes is slow and not intuitive. If you have used a function in a while it takes some work to figure out how to do what you need to do.

by Convergence Training on 2016-12-06

Thanks for the feedback, Ray. We appreciate it. Powerful software like this can sometimes have a steep learning curve (although we think ours is less steep than most).

I don't believe you were a part of the initial LMS onboarding training. It might make sense for you to go through a brief refresher training session. I'll have the support team reach out.

Keep leaning on our support resources for help and we guarantee you'll be an expert before the end of the year :)

Amy K.
Executive Administration
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-02

"The perfect fit for training"

Pros: I like how easy it is to assign classes, monitor grades and implement new programs.

Cons: I would say reminders (maybe you do that already) would be good because they go along time without logging on. It's easy to forget to do it.

John B.
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-04

"Outstanding LMS for Manufacturing"

Comments: The features of the Convergence Enterprise LMS fully support the training requirements of manufacturing companies. Their entire staff is responsive and great folks to work with

by Convergence Training on 2016-11-04

Thanks John! It's been a pleasure working with you as well.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-04