Sage HR Reviews

4.4 (315) Write a Review!

About Sage HR

Sage HR is an award-winning HR management solution that simplifies HR.

Learn more about Sage HR

Pros:

It very easy to use and setup. It is very simple, understandable and helps to solve problems quickly.

Sage HR ratings

4.4
4.6
4.1
4.4

8.4/10

Sage HR has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 315 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sage HR before?

Nicole
Nicole
Business Manager in New Zealand

Easy to set up and run

Comments: Although we are only a small company, we were trying to manually record our employees' holiday and sick leave as well as days in lieu, but found that we were losing track of vital information. CakeHR lets us keep all this information in an organised way, and lets our employees also keep track of their accrued allowances, as well as requesting leave in a more formal and organised manner.

Pros:

I really liked the choice of price points, depending on the needs of your business. The user interface is also intuitive, and the calendar integrates well with Outlook.

Cons:

The trial version didn't have New Zealand public holidays automatically included, so I had to add these manually.

4 years ago

Dear Nicole, I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR! There are a lot of features we keep updating on a weekly basis and, probably thanks to you, now we have possibility to import also public holidays of New Zealand. So now, for certain, you can refer us to your New Zealand friends and colleagues, we are all set :) With thanks, Viktorija

Shakil
System Analyst in Bangladesh

Perfect Human Resource Management Application

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Sage HR enhanced our efficiency and helped better manage our Organization.

Pros:

Perfect Human Resource Management Application for your Enterprise. Has plethora of features and makes the job for HR easy as such you can manage your Organization with less HR capital!

Cons:

This gets a little bit expensive when you've 200+ users, apart from that everything is nice and prompt.

Antonio
Head of I.T. in Spain
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees

Looks great and offer many modules and but the functionality of most of them is very basic.

Comments: Certainly cakeHR solves part of the management of my company's talent department, but it is still far from being a suitable software for companies with more than 50 employees.

Changing any software in a large organization is complicated and I believe that CakeHR has a great potential to be exploited, so I still hope that they will listen to the users' suggestions and implement the requested functionalities.

It would be a good thing if they published the roadmap so that we could know how they are going to develop the product.

Pros:

The user interface of the web application is nice. It is easy to use by employees for absence requests. The calendar view is very convenient to see at a glance the planned absences. The talent department likes the performance module.

Cons:

General: The administration of the system is difficult. It is not prepared for companies with more than 50 employees because any type of grouping has to be done employee by employee, among other thigs. Support: It is disconcerting, sometimes responding quickly and providing some solution, but most of the time, besides responding late, it gives the feeling of unprofessionalism. Interface: Apparently it is nice, but there are some views, such as the user profile management, where they are limited to show in a single column each one of the fields, which makes very uncomfortable the information visualization. Document management: It is extremely basic and not very efficient. It becomes chaotic. Absences: It more or less works well, although as always, with little flexibility, burdening the talent department with avoidable tasks. Expenses: The same, very basic implementation. For us to be able to use it in my company a couple of additional fields are needed (name and VAT number of the provider) which they promised to add before the second quarter of 2019 but have not yet done so. In general there are few updates. I feel that they were adding new features more frequently at the beginning of the year. Mobile application: It is very basic, almost no functionality. You can't clock in/out from the app, which is essential these days for employees who move around. From support I was told to access the web application from a mobile browser... API: Very basic and incomplete.

Isaac
Isaac
IT Business Partner in Kenya
Construction, 201-500 Employees

SAGE HR Good product

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Great experience and excellent system for anyorganization to onboard.

Pros:

Web based making it easily accessible across a wide variety of devices.

Cons:

It is generally OK but could end users make use of added functionality such as the ability of users to upload own achievments.

Melissa
Hr manager in Portugal

Good product

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Really great experience overall, have zero complaints

Pros:

The ease of use, easy to input information and navigate through the software, it took abit of getting use to but after that was perfect

Cons:

It takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, nothing negative to say. I would just say spend time learning and playing through the system for easier faster use

Arpita
Business Analyst in Bangladesh

Little expensive but has everything

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall it was awesome experience and we all loved using it. Just had to let it go because of the heavy price it was charging us when there are other affordable/better alternatives in the market

Pros:

Sage HR is a complete HR solution. From employee onboarding to training, leave management, KPI calculation, everything works like a charm!

Cons:

It's a little bit expensive to maintain when you've higher number of users/employees and the customer support is a bit non-responsive.

Manou
hr assistant in Côte d’Ivoire
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

easy and fast software.

5.0 last month New

Comments: for two years of use and this software will always be within my reach. I love the flexibility of the software.

Pros:

this software is an incredible, efficient management of my staff, editing pay slips, remote management. I love this software.

Cons:

adding certain headings is complicated in my opinion.

Samridhi
Samridhi
Human Resources Specialist in India
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Easy HR solution

4.0 last month New

Pros:

This tool provides an easy way for employees to request time off, holidays, and sick-days. It is also great for document sharing, and it is modular and customizable; it can be tailored to your organization's needs by adding functionalities and managing access rights.

Cons:

There are also some drawbacks associated with the system, such as the need to constantly upgrade data at a centralized spot in order to keep the platform up-to-date. Furthermore, it can be difficult to manage vacation arrangements in a timely and efficient manner.

Vaidevi
Vaidevi
DevOps Architect in India
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Excellent Employee Management

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Our firm utilised Sage HR to streamline the management of our personnel, including remote employees. This software provided us with real-time insight into our workforce, allowing us to easily hire, plan shifts, manage timesheets, and conduct performance evaluations all in one place.

Cons:

It can be hard to pinpoint what someone may not like, however, a possible challenge that could be tackled is to integrate and implement an HRIS system to gain a more comprehensive view of the organisation.

Steven
Trustee in UK
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Sage HR - Supporting our charity

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The product is easy to use and is fantastically priced for us; we cannot ask for something which all of our staff can pick up.

Cons:

We would love to see some integration with Microsoft logins as a potential for the future.

Stefan
Managing Director in Thailand
Online Media, 11-50 Employees

Great

Pros:

For our company, it greatly simplifies the managing the holiday entitlement of our employees. Our employees appreciate the real-time view of their day-off and holiday balance.

Cons:

- Day Offs: In our company the day offs are flexible. Employees are supposed to take 2 day-offs per week, but sometimes these day-offs are shifted to the next week. (It's always within the same month though.) It would be great to have some way to be alerted/monitor if someone requests more day-offs than they are entitled to. Right now I have to count the day off requests to make sure it's within their day-off limit. (Right now a staff could request more day-offs that they are entitled to.) Having this said, I don't want it to be shown as a yearly quota, same holidays and public holidays, as these days can be taken anytime, while day-offs are not of that nature. However, a monthly quota would be fine. - Time Tracking: What is definitely missing is time tracking (for which we use HubStaff now) and overtime/undertime tracking. Our employees track their working time, and have a floating balance of time. Cake would be the complete and perfect HR solution if there was everything at a glance - the balance of Holiday, Public Holiday, Sick Days, Day-Offs and Over/Undertime. Ideally, being able to differentiate between freelancers and full-time staff - where freelancer time results in salary and full-time staff time results in time balance. Also, overtime should be able to be mutated (to holiday / day-off) or pay-off (define a per-hour amount for the time, calculate the pay-off, deduct the time from the balance.)

5 years ago

Hi Stefan! Many thanks for the detailed and honest review! We are making leave requests far more transparent for managers so that you can be alerted when they are overspent. I'm going to set up a call with you to make sure you're being onboarded to the new Timesheets module we have been developing over the last months!

Anna
Head of HR in Hungary
Commercial Real Estate Software, 51-200 Employees

Cake is great for small companies

Comments: Overall we are happy and will continue to use Cake for hopefully many more years. We hope our requestes will be taken to development

Pros:

It was very easy to setup it´s quiet user friendly it allows some automations vie receipts price is based on users

Cons:

as we grow very fast our needs change, even tough the cake team did implement a few changes to also accommodate our needs some are not satisfied yet: option to choose a worktime pattern when adding new user complex leave policy setup with formula for holiday allowance based on i.e. (age, number of children etc.)

4 years ago

Dear Anna, Many thanks for your honest feedback! I just wanted to mention that there is automation available for some other tools except recipes. Let's get in touch to discuss our further cooperation and make sure you're making the most out of your subscription with us. With thanks, Viktorija

Excellence Coach in Hong Kong
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

User friendly HR app - highly recommend!

Comments: Overall, an amazing experience. I did a bit of research as to what CakeHR can do, and when I approached the supporting team, they are very accommodating and patient in regards to the questions I have. Customer service is definitely one of the things that stood out to me, how responsive and helpful the team is - shout out to customer service who has been helping me along the way!

Pros:

How easy it is to get a hang of using the app, which also makes it easier for us as a company to onboard members and encourage them to utilise the app accordingly. There are a lot of functions to play around, and I find 90% of the functions applicable to the company, and would be applicable to other companies too. Makes keeping track of employee's goals and tasks easier than ever, with notifications sent to certain individuals frequently yet not too much that they would consider it as spam.

Cons:

Wish there could have more functions to track the personal development of employee(s), like having a roadmap or letting them see what is the next step for them to advance to.

4 years ago

Thanks a lot for such kind words, we really appreciate your feedback! If I understand you correctly, you are already using CakeHR Performance module. However, due to the reason that we are constantly updating our existing features, it would be great to arrange a quick call, to make sure you are getting the most out of your experience. Please get back to me, so we can agree on a time and date :) With thanks, Viktorija

HR Manager in Latvia
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees

CakeHR review

Comments: The best value for money, where HR processes get automated very quickly and user friendly.

Pros:

It is very adjustable, features are updated each week with increasing functionality, accessible customer support, very friendly pricing.

Cons:

Bugs. With such a speed in new releases it is almost inevitable that bugs pop up. New customer onboarding could be improved with clear guidelines. Knowledge base with instructions of use could be more informative. System could offer basic templates for all modules (survey, onboarding, offboarding etc)

4 years ago

Hello, We very much appreciate your feedback! I am sure you have also noticed how fast our developers fix a bug if one occurs :) As for the onboarding, I would be very grateful if you can contact me directly and share what can be improved, what information or steps you felt were missing during your onboarding process. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee that we will have templates for surveys available any time soon, due to the reason that different companies have different needs, therefore we try to keep all the features fully customizable. We are always giving as many examples as possible during the onboarding process, however, if you feel some additional information is needed, do not hesitate to contact us through the chatbox that is available on your desktop and app. What I can promise is that we will have our knowledge base updated any time soon, meanwhile, as I have already mentioned, please use the chatbox, we are always here and happy to help! With thanks, Viktorija

Sarah
Operations Coordinator in US

Piece of Cake!

Comments: Recently, we became aware that CakeHR offers time tracking. We had previously been using spreadsheets to keep track of hourly employees, which was at times difficult to use and run reporting on. Time tracking in CakeHR allowed us to make it easier for our hourly employees to clock in and out in a system that they were already familiar with, and the payroll reporting aspect is much easier as well.

Pros:

I love the ease of use CakeHR offers. It is very intuitive, easy to read (I love the appearance!) and easy to train new employees on. It is also very simple to use the CakeHR API to integrate with other software we use as an organization.

Cons:

I have no complaints with CakeHR. Everything is great!

4 years ago

Dear Sarah, Such comments makes us feel that we're moving in the right direction. :) We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and please let us know if we can help in any way in the future. Thanks again! Viktorija

Natasha
Office Administration Manager in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Cake HR has removed the headache of having to keep track of each team member's time off requests.

Comments: The software nearly runs by itself - as long as each user is trained properly. This allows the Administrators to focus on other important tasks.

Pros:

I like the ability to create custom time-off fields for employees and being able to see everyone's future time-off requests for planning purposes. The "reporting" is very helpful for managers to use during our annual performance review process. Being able to color code the time-off fields makes the platform attractive on both desktop and mobile. I love being able to store HR-related documents for easy access. The entire platform has made our HR processes more efficient. LOVE, LOVE , LOVE!! :)

Cons:

As an administrator/manager of the software, I find it difficult to navigate on my Android phone. I don't like being limited to this as I sometimes have to approve individual "time off" requests in the absence of the company President and when I am away from the office.

5 years ago

Natasha! Thanks! It sounds like you're all set to go! I hope our recent update to the mobile has benefited you in terms of user ability. We want to make sure that you are efficient even when on-the-go.

Amanda
Operations Coordinator in US

CakeHR make PTO sweet and simple

Comments: Working with CakeHR has been a dream! There interface is incredibly user-friendly and makes managing our PTO policies a breeze. Managers love being able to accept/deny requests directly via the email notifications, and our employees love having quick access to submit time on the mobile app. CakeHR is well thought out and designed, but our company has a few needs that CAKE does not directly meet. However, their support team is absolutely tremendous! They respond very quickly despite the time zone difference, they are always asking and open to our requests for features, and they immediately jump on any issues we encounter and resolve them with flying colors! Finally, we love the integrations with other apps and our IT guys love being able to use their API to sync employee data to our internal company pages, simplifying PTO for our employees even more.

Pros:

Credit/debit of days Set auto increase of allotment based on employee hire date Documents Section to store all our onboarding/benefits info Being able to edit/enter time off that has occurred in the past

Cons:

Would like to see more detailed customization such as: View my PTO balance as days remaining for year vs. days accrued thus far For PTO less than a full day, it would be nice to enter the exact time the employee wiht be out of the office. More control over notifications for Admin level users.

5 years ago

Hi Amanda! Many thanks for your honest review :) We're about to release an employee Scheduling feature that will allow all employees to see full attendance lists of employees. I'll make sure your introduced and set up for this module!

Rachel
Team Lead in Ireland
Used the Software for: Not provided

Impressive, no fuss, tidy little package.

Comments: I've been trailing CakeHR for two days. Below is my experience so far. What I really love:
1. In the cloud. We're a cloud based company ourselves so this is a massive plus for me.
2. Nice friendly UI. Easy on the eye, logical flow, nice modals, profile pictures for team members.
3. Can add additional Time-Off Policies other than Holiday & Sickday.
4. Can add Public Holidays that don't count as team holidays taken.
5. Can add Black Out days where no one can book holidays on certain dates.
6. Ability to hide certain tabs from team members like Benefits, Documents, Emergency etc.
7. Can hide calendar from other team members so they can't see who's on holiday etc.
8. Can add categories to Documents.
9. Lots of reporting! Bradford Factor & Employee Growth is a nice touch.
10. Can create teams, support team, dev team etc.
11. Ability for team member to log in and submit holiday requests. This isn't something I've enabled yet as I'm still trying out CakeHR however I can definitely see the benefits of this - less emails & notes!
I'm not calling this list 'Cons' as I don't have any cons. The below points are suggestions: 1. I had to add each Black Out day individually. We have a 6 week period where no one can take holidays. Would be nice to have a start and end date ability here.
2. An app. How cool would it be to have a CakeHR app that you can approve/decline requests on the spot & see who's available on your team that day. I know I'd use it! Android of course ;)
I really love CakeHR's approach to time off management and would recommend to anyone with no hesitation.

7 years ago

Hi Rachel! What an intense two days of trialling you had! The feedback is awesome and you know that we have been able to address your "nice to have" list at the bottom. It is feedback like this this really... feeds us! We have the Android app releases imminently! I will let you and VSware have first-look at the app!

Frontend Engineer in Portugal

A great organisation software

Comments: I use CakeHR on a daily basis to schedule my vacations, to register expenses and to schedule my home office days. I also use this software to check when are my team-mates in office or away

Pros:

This software is very user friendly and you don't need to be an expert on websites to figure what you can do inside the platform. Is also an easy way to organise your team vacays and to have a overall view of the entire schedule

Cons:

The only downside for this software is that sometimes when creating a new account the invitation request might fail but the support temas acts quickly

3 years ago

Hello, The team here at CakeHR is thrilled to hear such great feedback :) Referring to the stated issue, invitation requests are not actually failing but expiring if you have not logged in within the next 48 hours. It is actually a common practice and was introduced for security reasons. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to many more years of successful cooperation! Best regards, Viktorija

Liz
Project Manager in UK

Cake HR is a very handy tool

Pros:

Shows how much holiday allowance is left in a straight forward manner. Very user friendly and simple to navigate around the site.

Cons:

The price went up recently which isn't ideal as we're not getting more for our money. Probably could offer more things on the site.

5 years ago

Hi Liz I hear your concerns about the price going up but without any new features. The pricing increase was our first in 6 years - since CakeHR began. "plans" became legacy and we made the cost much more easier to manage. The problem with the plans was that you would essentially pay double for a new hire that would take you from Plus to Premium, for example. That being said, this year, we're releasing the following: Timesheets & Scheduling Performance & Appraisal management Expenses Training Applicant Tracking All of the above whilst we are also improving on the current features! 2018 is going to be a hot year! If you want to talk about the pricing more personally, I'm more than happy to make arrangements for that and make sure you value CakeHR and your company correctly.

CEO in Chile
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Great tool to strength you company culture

Comments: An important part of our work culture is flexibility. Cake HR has helped us manage our time off, work from abroad, work from home, and sick days policies in a very easy way, without taking time from managers, and giving transparency inside the company.

Pros:

Easy to setup. Even gives you an organizational chart as you add everyone with their reporting lines. Integrates with Google Apps. Easy approval of time-off requests with one click from email. Dedicated customer support.

Cons:

Some of our policies were a bit tricky to setup (non US nor European company).

5 years ago

We love working with you, David! Policies can be a tricky thing when you have employees in other countries but I'm really glad that we get you set up and making the most out of CakeHR for years!

Rodrigo
COO in UK
Retail, 11-50 Employees

An HR "silver bullet"

Comments: We turned to CakeHR when we got to 9 employees. Until then we were tracking MyShowcase on a clumsy spreadsheet that was always wrong. From one day to the other everything was easy and clear. We've kept on using CakeHR. We now have 27 employees. Never have we done any training. CakeHR is super easy to use, new employees seamlessly get on with it. I strongly recommend it for any small to medium sized company.

Pros:

Ease of use Feature set fully meets our needs

Cons:

none

5 years ago

Thank you, Rodrigo! CakeHR is perfect for the scaling and growing company. I'm really proud that we hit it off with your employees.

Jahana
Project Manager in US

Great for our agency of 25 people.

Comments: Total organization of our company's tasks and projects.

Pros:

The dashboard is my favorite feature. After about a year I have the perfect system set up to control all my own tasks while managing and overseeing everyone's tasks in the company. Timesheets are also great.

Cons:

Creating recurring tasks can be tedious. Support helped me figure out a way to duplicate entire projects, but then making changes don't apply across the board. If there was more ease of use, Wrike would be perfect.

5 years ago

Hi Jahana, It sounds like you've reviewed Wrike but not CakeHR :D Not to worry, I'm going to set up a call and make sure you're happy with our solution!

Dominik
VP Delivery in Norway

Review

Pros:

Easy set-up of policies Flexible recipes Good integration to Slack

Cons:

No option the save configurations for reports! Really needed! Automated reporting cannot be configured in detail and custom reports cannot have their parameters saved. Org chart is not flexible enough, only based on the direct managing lines. Hard to reflect the administration structure of approvals in it. Also need urgently an option

4 years ago

Dear Dominik, Thank you for pointing out those things! We are already working on mentioned features, let's take our conversation further and I'll give you more details! :) With thanks, Viktorija

Denee
Program Director in US
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees

CakeHR use for non-profit organization

Comments: It is tracking leave for 40+ employees at our non-profit organization.

Pros:

CakeHR is easy to use, with little to no training necessary. It is accessible online, through app, email, etc. It keeps a detailed track of leave.

Cons:

I have not found any cons at this point.

4 years ago

Dear Denee, We are very glad to receive your review, it's nice to hear you are happy with your experience :) With thanks, Viktorija