PeopleGrove Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About PeopleGrove

PeopleGrove helps institutions provide personalized, scalable support for students and alumni from enrollment to long after graduation

Learn more about PeopleGrove

Kevin T.
Kevin T.
Student and Young Alumni Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-05

"PeopleGrove is revolutionizing mentorship"

Pros: PeopleGrove provides excellent customer service that helps customers customize, learn, and better implement their programs. Their products team is also constantly researching, learning, and implementing ideas and suggestions that customers provide to enhance the product for free or at a reduced rate. There are constant updates to not only the look and feel but as well as the functionality and smoothness of the program. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has created a culture revolving around passionate and hard-working employees who care about their customers and their products.

Cons: The only con that I have is that there were not straight forward onboarding lessons that teach you how to use every tool.

Andrea R.
Career Coach
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-05

"This is the ideal program to build a network and community"

Comments: I have had an excellent experience working with Peoplegrove. Their tech support team has answered my questions and helped me improve the platform, which also helped me learn how to better navigate the admin features. The improvements to the reporting features this year drastically changed the easy of collecting data and in a time when anayltics are in high demand - this was an excellent upgrade that saves me time! I am a big fan of the community feature which made it very easy to connect to other universities who are using the platform. In the past few weeks alone I was able to participate in trainings, connect to several other people managing programs like mine, provide feedback for improvements and improve the user experience for my students and alumni. I feel this product is well priced and well maintained, worth every penny considering the impact it has had on building a network for my students.

Pros: From the start Peoplegrove created a user friendly platform that allow us to customize features, visual appearance and functions. The messaging and meeting features promoted communication between users and the data and analytics dashboards allowed us to track and report on all activity.

Cons: I can honestly say that Peoplegrove has responded to many of my suggestions and all of my requests for help. As a result of their open dialog with their customers, I have seen several new features and improvements to existing features that addressed my concerns or product limitations. I

Sheila E.
Sheila E.
Senior Director
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-04

"Great Product for Networking, Mentoring and Increasing Engagement"

Pros: The Peoplegrove software has made a significant impact on our networking and mentoring efforts over the past 4+ years. What I like most is the customer service from the time of implementation and throughout the life of having the product. We enjoyed being part of the process of building the software to our specific needs for our students and for our alumni. The data management and analysis of the site is continually growing to make the experience for the user and the buyer the best it can be with measurable outcomes.

Cons: There wasn't anything we disliked about the product and if there were any suggestions about how to make the product better than Peoplegrove would be interested in hearing from us. Almost every time if the idea came from an alumnus or a student it has been more of constructive suggestion that is usually already in the process of being resolved.

Juliana N.
IrishCompass Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-24

"PeopleGrove"

Comments: With PeopleGrove, we have the HOME of the Notre Dame network, which is the only place to tap the ND Network. PeopleGrove has been a wonderful partner, and we appreciate their collaborative mindset.

Pros: Notre Dame was an early partner with PeopleGrove and launched our site in August 2017 with all the features/components then available. A major selling feature was the ability to customize our site so it is Notre Dame-branded and integrates with our systems. We also appreciate PeopleGrove constantly ideating and identifying innovative ways in which we can support our students and alumni.

Cons: The job board requires quite a bit of management as there was no HR community to tap. We are working to build our list of recruiters and hiring managers and encouraging them to use IrishCompass as a recruiting tool.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-24
Jihye K.
Assistant Director, Alumni Career Services
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-08

"Excellent platform for forging impactful connections"

Comments: Overall, PeopleGrove has it all - excellent product, excellent service, and excellent customer education.

Pros: PeopleGrove provides an excellent platform that makes end-user and administrator experience top-tier in every way possible. The product is easy to use, easy to configure, and meets the most critical needs in forging student-alumni and alumni-alumni connections for professional networking. Additionally, the customer service from the support team is superior to any other product I have used. The support team answers inquiries swiftly and provides the right solution the first time around.

Cons: The platform has a standard look that can be outfitted with institution logo/colors, but not customizable in its "look" in more depth ways.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-08
Colleen S.
Project manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-05

"PeopleGrove ha chnaged the way alumni and students interact"

Comments: Overall we have had a great experience with PG and continue to be impressed with the new features they are putting out and appreciate them looking to their users for ideas and suggestions.

Pros: PeopleGrove is very user friendly and has made some great updates in the last year to their reporting feature which helps us show ROI for this platform. The customer support team is always quik to respond and help us when we have questions.

Cons: The importing of alumni onto our platform took much longer than was expected and ended up delaying our launch which was a challenge.

Katie C.
Alumni Relations Officer
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-18

"Rhode Island School of Design PeopleGrove Review"

Comments: My overall experience with PeopleGrove had been very positive. Their staff is incredibly helpful, patient, and kind. Customer service is so important, and I've never had an issue or question with the platform that wasn't answered extremely fast, and if they were unable to solve the issue immediately, I had full faith that they would eventually get to the bottom of it.

Pros: I love the Alumni Directory and how it allows alumni to reconnect with old classmates. I love being able to see all of our information in a quick glance on my dashboard and how Insights provides more detailed information. The bulk email function is so easy to use, and I love how I can create templates and drafts and then schedule them to go out weeks in advance.

Cons: We wish that we could have more control over the look of the platform since we are an art & design school. It would be nice to make it look more unique to RISD.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-18
Carol B.
Carol B.
Director, Alumni and Parent Communities
Higher Education Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-15

"Peoplegrove is innovative and responsive"

Comments: We were trying to solve a need to offer more easily accessible alumni-alumni networking and student-alumni networking -- on our constituents' terms and time. This provided that option and has been very well-received and resulted in numerous student success stories from connecting with alumni through our PG platform.

Pros: The Peoplgrove platform is easy to use, intuitive and customizable. But one of the things that I love the most about the product is that the company is constantly working on improvements, new features, new ways to analyze data, and innovative ways to use the product. The support team is quickly responsive when we have questions or specific needs to accommodate integration with other platforms.

Cons: In my mind there are no cons. I think the one thing I didn't love from the start was the back-end administrator screen, but Peoplegrove has even restructured that in a way that it now offers easy viewing of pending approval items, meeting and connection requests, community balance and other important insights to help us identify areas on which we should focus efforts.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-15
Christine B.
Career Counselor
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-17

"Student career readiness through alumni connections powered by PeopleGrove"

Pros: PeopleGrove was able to help SJSU develop it's online mentoring platform SJSU² Mentoring & Meetups which has helped the university ensure that students are able to achieve career readiness and success through alumni connections. As PeopleGrove develops its product and services, it would help to continue engaging university partners in the development process . As PeopleGrove innovates, continuous communication and consultation about changes with partners would be helpful as there are some earlier features of the platform that are helpful to keep. Overall, the PeopleGrove team listens to feedback and works with their university partners to make sure that goals are achieved.

Cons: As PeopleGrove develops its product and services, it would help to continue engaging university partners in the development process . As PeopleGrove innovates, continuous communication and consultation about changes with partners would be helpful as there are some earlier features of the platform that are helpful to keep.

Katie P.
Alumni Engagement Specialist
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-17

"Enhance your alumni offerings with PeopleGrove!"

Comments: The customer service at PeopleGrove is top-notch, and inquiries and responded to within 24 hours. Answers to questions are specific, and examples are cited for additional context and understanding. PeopleGrove continues to develop innovative features to improve the platform, to include aesthetic updates and engineering improvements. Our choice to switch to PeopleGrove greatly advanced our department, providing better service to our growing alumni network.

Pros: The data and reporting functionality is robust, and it's user friendly! With ease, administrators can manage user accounts to include merging duplicate accounts, adding new information, and importing records.

Cons: At times, the Bulk Email tool moves processes requests slowly when sending to 25,000+ users.

Eleanor C.
VP, Strategy and External Affairs
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-05

"PeopleGrove: Alumni Connections, Networking and Community"

Comments: PeopleGrove has phenomenal customer service. It seems whenever I need something, someone gets back to you in seconds with real solutions. They have been great partners in hearing our ideas and concerns and working quickly to make changes.

Pros: The best part of PeopleGrove is that it is comprehensive. It has enabled us to take multiple features and streamline them into one system. We now have our alumni directory, networking, job board and mentoring matching all in one place rather than managing multiple ad hoc systems.

Cons: I think with all new systems it can be hard to get alumni to sign up and in the habit of using it. It always takes far more time than any of us anticipate. We did find the registration process a bit extensive but worked with PeopleGrove to streamline.

Nicole K.
Associate Director, Industry Career Coaching
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-04

"PeopleGrove is a beneficial tool for students, alumni, faculty, and staff"

Comments: Overall my experience with PeopleGrove has been very positive. It's a great platform, the customer service is top-notch, and the PG team is made up of innovative thinkers who can help their customers problem solve.

Pros: PeopleGrove is an amazing platform. It allows users to connect and network, to review resources, to follow learning paths to gain skills/knowledge, and to apply to jobs or attend events. It's a place where students and alumni can come together to tap into their greatest resource- each other. By using PG, we are working on our goal of helping students and alumni create opportunities by enabling them to utilize their school network. The PG team is always hosting workshops, webinars, trainings, and meet-ups (in-person and virtually) so their customers can learn, grow, and develop their platform with one another!

Cons: It can sometimes be difficult to find the specific data points I'm looking for.

Amber G.
Strategic Initiatives Program Director
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-05

"PeopleGrove focuses on users first with great success!"

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his entire team have been great listeners over the last few years, and frequently take feedback and issues seriously. Their entire team has grown with the company, and keep pace with their growing client base. We're so glad we adopted their product early on, and are happy with how they continue to evolve to support community building for our University.

Pros: We've been onboard with PG for 3 years, and were able to deeply customize the system for our university's needs. Our students enjoy the continually evolving student interface, and it is our first full university alumni connection system. We have also added on several modules, including the job board, and now our enrollment office is even trying it out to build community. The ability to add custom profile questions allowed us to encourage our users to build their online identities in ways that spoke to them, and find others with similar affinities, from gender, race and location, to student orgs, leadership profiles, and other experiential alignments. PeopleGrove's team has been there beside us throughout, and we share a true partnership in development and utilization of the product.

Cons: PeopleGrove continuously listens to users and creates enhancements and updates. The only enhancement I would recommend was to smooth out data transfer processes so we can best align this with student and alumni engagement metrics and tracking. Not to say it doesn't work, just that it could be smoother.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-05
Angela E.
Angela E.
Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-04

"Tons of potential...but requires consistent maintenance to ensure widespread adoption and use."

Comments: I have had a good experience with the executives at PeopleGrove. Some of my colleagues have struggled to get nuanced answers to technical questions.

Pros: Great search/query features for users, wonderful to connect to LinkedIn info. For admins, great analytics and easy to pull out a variety of data.

Cons: A bit clunky for some users to understand the depth of information that's available to them...would be nice to include direct user tips. A mobile app would be a huge benefit!

Demario B.
Demario B.
Mentorship Program Manager, Alumni Engagement
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

"Highly recommend"

Comments: Overall, I've had a good experience with PeopleGrove. They've been great partners to my institution.

Pros: PeopleGrove's software is a leader in the mentorship software field. I am deeply impressed the company is committed to optimizing its product for its customers and users. Specifically, I like the new student homepage. It makes it easier for students to make a connection with a potential mentor by providing templated messages, real-time coaching, and a quick snapshot of mentor's profiles. It's both visually-pleasing and functional. I can't wait for the same update for other user types. Another key feature I like is the Messaging tool. I've seen this feature upgraded incredibly since I've been using the product. I also love as an admin, I can all interactions between the users which is helpful for analytics, offering support throughout, or having to intervene if things are not going as they should. I also want to give a quick shoutout to the implementation and customer support teams! They are prompt, efficient, and always delivers a high level of customer service!

Cons: The only pain point that I have about the software is the notifications feature. I wish there was a better way to notify users they had unread messages and etc. I almost which everyone got a text message to notify them -- and also when they sign in the platform, there's like a popup message (banner) that notifies them again. Other than that, PeopleGrove has been very receptive to any other feedback I've given regarding product optimization ideas.

Stacey L.
Associate Director for Alumni & Parent Relations

"PeopleGrove Review"

Comments: The customer support with PG has been exceptional -- very responsive and training is great.

Pros: The networking opportunities our alumni have been granted. Integration has been good -- excited for the new Razors Edge integration.

Cons: Id like to see the insights go even deeper when it comes to the email analytics -- its still a bit clunky how you pull reports and I cant export single emails.

Dori B.
Dori B.
Associate Director, Bobcat Career Network
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-09

"5 Stars for PeopleGrove"

Comments: Before PeopleGrove, we were not using a centralized mentorship platform for the whole university. Colleges and units were using their own devices (often Excel documents) to match and connect students with alumni. This platform allowed for a collaboration between the Career and Leadership Development Center and the Alumni Association to help streamline these programs and provide them with a tool to connect their alumni to alumni and alumni to students in a much easier and traceable way.

Pros: PeopleGrove has an easy-to-use format on both the user and admin side. We have users of all ages so it was important that they could navigate the site as much on their own as possible. We also love the analytics functionalities which provide us with a very robust picture of all our users' experiences. We worked with both our Advancement Services team and our Registrar to help ease and quicken sign on for our alumni and student users respectively. Additionally, the PG team has been very responsive and resourceful by adding new features in response to changes in higher education and nationally. For example, their response to the COVID-19 pandemic was quick and well-executed. It prompted conversations on our end that we hadn't even thought about yet.

Cons: None to note. Concerns or areas we wanted to grow or add to have always been heard and responded to by the development team.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-09
Michael M.
Michael M.
Managing Director, Career Services
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-03

"PeopleGrove Review"

Comments: We really didn't have a good method to easily connect alumni and students. PeopleGrove has help career and alumni move from "gatekeepers" of alumni contact to facilitators of alumni engagement. They have build a tool that helps us drive engagement and then provide the data so we can can use to better coach students and see how alumni engagement impacts outcomes.

Pros: PeopleGrove helped our school design a flash mentoring system that worked well for our industry-based model for alumni engagement and student coaching. It is a full-featured product that, if set up properly, can reduce the time need to encourage engagement. I think their team really understands the different ways students and alumni want to use a platform to connect and designed the product to helps career and alumni teams alike facilitate and monitor that engagement.

Cons: Since we have been using the product for several years, I have seem them build many new features that we cannot not always fully utilized. They now have many different features that can used to facilitate and monitor engagement and tracking; however, it is sometime hard to understand what may have been phased out or new features that are replacing others.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-03
Stephen B.
Sr Dir of Strategic Initiatives, Yale Alumni Assoc
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-29

"Steve Blum’s review of the PeopleGrove Platform"

Comments: PG is a top-notch organization. However, new clients should go in with their eyes open: clients will need to invest lots if time learning how to use the platform. Also, PG is reluctant to make configuration changes.

Pros: Intuitive, easy to use, easy to explain. Also, PeopleGrove offers its own open community of clients. This allows any client to connect with any other client for advice and best practices.

Cons: Platform is oriented toward connecting students with alumni. It is not as well configured to connect alums with other alums. Also, PG is a relatively low-touch organization: clients are expected to learn the ropes mostly on their own.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-29