About Coast

Coast is a mobile first workflow app for businesses to manage their maintenance, work schedules, communications, projects, and so much

Learn more about Coast

Pros:

Easy to use and read notification after employee sees the message.

Cons:

Customer service can be poor/slow but no huge problems.

Coast ratings

4.4
4.8
4.4
4.8

8.5/10

Coast has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 48 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Coast before?

Janice
Janice
Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Coast makes managing my team a breeze

Pros:

All in one tool that help me manage my team. It has replaced all the back and forth emails and text. Favorite feature is the tasks where I can track exactly what the progress of each task is.

Cons:

Sometimes photos don't load properly and would have to ask customer support to fix issue.

Alternatives Considered: Slack

Reasons for Switching to Coast: My team that I manage is part of the facilities team.

One Six Nine Response

2 years ago

Thank you Janice! We're continuing to make improvements to Coast that will help make photos load even faster.

Prowl
Customer Service in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Good for Large Work Groups

Pros:

The ability to create multiple chats with the same set of people with ease for different purposes and not having to worry about a capped limit of people. The fact that coast has a clean UI also helps.

Cons:

Clearer settings feature is needed, at least on the non-owner end. The only settings available are the profile settings and if you want to change anything or add contact info, you're forced into having a profile photo regardless or else you cannot make changes. Accessibility options along with this are non-existent due to this fact, you can't change it from it's normal palette to a dark mode nor change the font size makes things a challenge for fellow coworkers.

Joseph
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great product

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: We moved from a paper work order system to Coast. Many other vendors where evaluated and compared for features and price. We made the right decision in choosing Coast

Pros:

Product is well engineered and easy to navigate. It exceeded our expectations and their customer support is excellent. Our agency will continue to expand our use of the features offered in the product. Even our staff members who are not technologically inclined were quick to adopt its use. The system is designed for a smart phone user which makes us even more efficient.

Cons:

I don't have negatives thus far. When I requested a customized reporting function it was produced within a week.

Seth
Assistant Store Manager in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Has lots of great features, but the servers aren't great.

Comments: Worked well for a while, but the connection issues were felt by most users.

Pros:

Pretty easy to use, and invite members. Scheduling was easy, and tasks/chats are easy to create.

Cons:

Connection was usually poor, and it would take a while to connect to the server on mobile data. The free plan also limits your ability to restrict what members have permission to do.

Elijah
General Manager in US

Usefully for easy messaging

Comments: It's been pretty good. We use the free version so we don't get all the bells and whistles

Pros:

Ease of messaging. Ability to send documents and pictures as well.

Cons:

It's a bit glitchy at times. Also has issues connecting to the servers sometimes.

Michelle
Registered Nurse in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Coast

Pros:

Great way to post schedule and talk with the team

Cons:

I do not like that it is harder to find things, you can't scroll through scheduled

Carrie
Analyst in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Love Coast, great alternative to slack

Comments: I would love to keep using it. The customer service is great.

Pros:

Easy to install, no ads. Coast is all about communicating easily and getting updates / response popped up fast. So it greatly increase the working efficiency and so I love it !

Cons:

I think it can make it easier to invite people to join the team. Sometimes it is hard to find how to send invitations. But the customer service support is very helpful.

Brooke
Shift Supervisor in US
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Coast review from a supervisor

Comments: Overall my experience with Coast has been good but limited.

Pros:

This software made it easy to connect with individuals or groups of people quickly and efficiently.

Cons:

What I liked least about the software is that there is so much to do or get lost in within the app I feel like I don’t know how to use it to its full potential.

Swing Manager in US
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees

Exceptional App software

Pros:

I enjoyed the seamless communication among co workers

Cons:

Inviting a new member seems tedious and name as well.

Jen
Household Management Director in US
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees

Great app for ALL maintenance needs!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The overall ease of use of the app is great and the customer service is outstanding.

Pros:

There are so many options available. Using this app has helped our maintenance department get more organized, address scheduling, handle preventative issues and more.

Cons:

It would help if the closed work orders would drop off the list or become archived instead of stay in the list and constantly have to filter them out.

Lynn
Lynn
Director of operations in US
Food Production, 10,000+ Employees

Great maintenance software for a food production facility

Comments: Great and easy to use. My team loves using coast!

Pros:

The notifications and reminders are the best part of this software. We have our preventive maintenance schedules all set up for our equipment here and we get notified when things are supposed to need pm work done and inspected.

Cons:

They're working on this feature, but it currently cannot automatically assign a pm or work order to a technician that is scheduled to work for that day. I looked at a few other softwares and none of them had this feature.

Alternatives Considered: MaintainX and UpKeep

Reasons for Switching to Coast: Price, functionalities, and ease of use

Clark
Clark
Director in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Coast is an all-in-one app for our team

Pros:

We used to use multiple apps for scheduling, team communications, work orders, and tasks. It was cumbersome because our team constantly had to switch back and forth. With Coast, now we have everything in one place. Our work order process is streamlined, and we no longer text and email people to get status updates. Because the team communication is integrated directly into the work, we can talk about work orders as well.

Cons:

Nothing at all, it was simple and easy to set up!

Alternatives Considered: Homebase and UpKeep

Reasons for Switching to Coast: Cheaper, all-in one.

mars
Director of Operations in US
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees

Coast is a solid platform depending on your usage needs. It excels at messaging and task creation

Comments: I think Coast is a great alternative to Slack and works well for most of what it tries to do. They listen to most feedback and have robust support.

Pros:

Easy to use for communication, notifications work across mobile and pc. Customer support is fast and consistent

Cons:

removing users and creating users seems clunky and unintuitive

jordan
Director of Events and Activations in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Coast Review

Comments: Coast has been amazing for our team. I love that I can create groups, channels, and communicate about projects individually with pertinent staff.

Pros:

Coast is great for sending messages to sets and subsets of our team.

Cons:

Adding another app to our ever growing list of possible ways to communicate internally seemed excessive, but Coast has eliminated emails and texting as options, since it is such an efficient and easy to use platform.

Lauren
Director of Marketing and Festivals in US
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees

Great for Scheduling Wine Festivals!

Comments: I've been exceptionally pleased with Coast. It's made my job SO much easier!

Pros:

This software was easy to set up, easy to train on and easy to implement. It's simplicity provides all we need to schedule staff to work our wine festivals.

Cons:

I'd love to be able to have a printable calendar, but that feature is not available. There are a few minor things I have not been able to do, but the tech team has always said they will pass the information along to be discussed with the app builders!

Bridger
Journeyman plumber in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Best work order software

Comments: Great

Pros:

Scheduling my jobs and who is on jobs. Also making it easy to put job descriptions and parts on each invoice

Cons:

I would like to see jobs to be scheduled for more than one day as one work order. I always have jobs that are more than one day long and would be nice to only make one invoice for job instead of having to go through 3 or 4 separate work orders

Matthew
Matthew
Digital Content Manager & Floor Supervisor in Canada
Mining & Metals, 11-50 Employees

Affordable high end software that keeps getting better.

Comments: We are able to connect our whole team in multiple warehouses and keep all our project/tasks in a space that everyone has access to. This has changed how we work as a company.

Pros:

Customers service, Within 1hr of signing up for coast I was face to face with customer service helping me customize the software to our industry

Cons:

Just missing a video call feature, everything else was checked on our boxes

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Coast: Cost, customer service, adaptability

Joan
Lead Book Buyer in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Solid Experience

Comments: Solid app that does the job it says on the box. Good value for what you pay

Pros:

Scheduling and multi location communication channels set this apart from other apps

Cons:

Customer service can be poor/slow but no huge problems

Trina
Quality and Production Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Fantastic software for managing teams and keeping track of everything/everyone.

Pros:

Hands down - the ability to customize my items to fit my company's unique needs. Most of other software I looked at were about 50-80% right for my needs. Coast fits 95+% because I can change things to what I need. Also, their customer service is amazing. The team has spent plenty of time talking to e, showing me features, and asking for feedback about how they can improve the experience for me as an end user. They implemented several suggestions very quickly as well. I truly feel that this is the best option on the market for my needs, short of paying someone to custom design something for me.

Cons:

Learning how to use the software and adapt it to my needs was a bit of a learning curve. Adding in new data can be slow. Software is slow to load/refresh, especially when it is full of items.

Yaima
Embryologist in US
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees

Coast Review

Pros:

Real time communication. Chat option is very easy to use.

Cons:

I have not had any issues with it. Works ok for me.

Stephanie
Front desk in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Great software

Pros:

Once I figured it out, it was easy to navigate. Being able to see my schedule & communicate with the team in one place is great.

Cons:

Overall it’s not super easy to navigate, but it didn’t take long to get used to

Carissa
Client relations manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

I loved it!!

Pros:

The best thing about it was how simple it was to use, and how efficiently it got all the information out to all the employees. All of our business updates and scheduling information was in this app, and it was nice to have it all in one spot.

Cons:

In the beginning I didn’t know how to use it or find the schedule, but once I figured it out it was all good.

Molly
Coffee Shop Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Awesome software, with a few flaws.

Comments: Love it! Great how easy it is for my employees and currents takes care of all my needs.

Pros:

It’s easy to get my employees set up. They understand it intuitively.

Cons:

it’s harder to work with on the back end (scheduling shifts, creating tasks, etc). I really wish there was an undo button because when I make a mistake scheduling shifts it can take AGES to fix.

Kim
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

AOK! Fitness reviews

Comments: Great!

Pros:

Calendar and communication documented so I can hold staff accountable

Cons:

Cumbersome movement in work spaces could be a little easier to use.

Gina
Office Manager in US
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees

Great for smaller companies

Pros:

We use this app for about 25 employees. It is very easy to manage and helpful when assigning tasks to employees. We also use it to request time off. Managers get the notification immediately and can approve or deny the request.

Cons:

It is slightly more difficult to navigate from a phone than a PC.