15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Guider

Guider's award-winning software is the choice of global enterprises to start and scale powerful mentoring and peer-learning programmes.

Learn more about Guider

Pros:

Ease of linking up with potential mentees and booking sessions in the calendar.

Cons:

Some early teething problems with my ability to remove myself to be viewed as a mentor, but this was corrected.

Guider ratings

4.7
4.9
4.8
4.8

9.1/10

Guider has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 62 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Guider before?

Sascha
Sascha
Internal Comms and Engagement in UK
Market Research Software, 10,000+ Employees

Helps me connect with colleagues I’d never usually interact with

Pros:

I’m in a standalone role in a huge international business, and the mentor/mentee matching means that I was able to connect with someone in another continent with the experience and skills I was looking for. I love that it also has options for reverse/upwards and peer mentoring, as I think people tend to think about mentoring as a junior-senior relationship, when really it’s possible to learn from people at any level.

Cons:

Would be nice to have a couple more integrations - Microsoft Teams plugin so I could open it within the same app, and perhaps a connection to our peer recognition programme

Max
Chief of Staff in Spain
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

Huge thanks to the Guider Team

Comments: The Guider team were fantastic to work with: helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about their product. They set up our programme rapidly, were always available to receive feedback and provide guidance, and I have no doubt they'll see major success in the future.

Pros:

The matchmaking element of the software was incredibly helpful in automating our mentoring programme; with 80+ mentors and 70+ mentees, facilitating the matchmaking manually would have been a real pain point, and the automated nature of Guider freed up time to focus on engaging with mentors and mentees and gathering feedback.

Cons:

The lack of back end was frustrating – the Guider team were helpful in setting up a Google Data Studio, but this was limited by the data displayed, and at times it felt we had limited visibility into the programme on an ongoing basis.

Francesca
Project Manager in UK
Market Research Software, 501–1,000 Employees

A good perk for work

Comments: mostly positive but i think that is helps the most with facilitating introductions

Pros:

I find it a great perk offered at work, it's quiet easy to use and has connected me with people in different parts of the business

Cons:

I found it really difficult to schedule meetings in the app so i use Outlook instead. i also use outlook to chat with my mentor a lot more

Eric
Learning and Development in UK
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Effective, Flexible and Easy to use

Comments: I have been very impressed by the team who look after us. They really want the programme to succeed and have helped with everything from training to providing source material for me to promote the programme in my firm.

Pros:

Guider has taken the complex system of matching and managing our firm's mentoring relationships and made it simple. People can sign up in a few minutes and sign in with 2 clicks. The mentee has control over who their mentor is, what areas are explored and how long the relationship lasts. Our team looks after the programme and leaves those crucial decisions to the people who are most effected by them.

Cons:

The system isn't wholy integrated into our own database, so if a person leaves the firm we need to manually remove them from the Guider platform.

Olivia
Director, Content in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

We love Guider

Pros:

The interface and ease of matching with a mentor.

Cons:

The fact that we cannot customize the platform to US or add location-specific filters. We also haven't had many people sign up

Matthew
Marketing Lead in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Great for learning!

Pros:

The standout feature for me has been the mentor and mentee matching. It's really intuitive, and paired me with a mentor who perfectly aligns with my professional goals and personality. Overall, it’s helped my progression and relationship building at work.

Cons:

It took some time to navigate through the various features of the platform. However, once I got the hang of it, it proved to be easy to use and beneficial to my progression.

5 months ago

Matthew, we're thrilled to hear about your experience with Guider and helping you find the right mentor. Thanks for the review.

Dispensing optician. in UK
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

My Guider experience

Comments: Super positive, a great platform to use.

Pros:

An easy to use platform with clear navigation and useful content.

Cons:

N/A There arw no cons in my opinion, im happy with all of it.

Inas
Software engineer in Türkiye
Media Production, 51–200 Employees

Review of Guider

Pros:

Data-Driven Insights, Resourceful Learning Materials, User Friendly

Cons:

I can not remember anything that I particularly did not like to be honest.

Lauren
Principal Consultant in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

A great app for mentoring

Pros:

It was really easy to fill out my profile and then select a mentor – and then arranging an appointment also was smooth within the Guider app. It has been very fulfilling to have my mentoring sessions.

Cons:

Sometimes there were bugs with the scheduling part of the app, where it was hard to edit or cancel an appointment (and so we had to use alternative methods to arrange things). This seems to have been fixed now.

Christine
Christine
Project Manager in US
Research, 10,000+ Employees

Awesome resource!

Comments: Looking forward to posting my profile to become a mentor for others!

Pros:

I love the interface with the ability to scroll through potential mentors - seeing their pictures and the bios are super helpful!

Cons:

I don't think that all the mentors use the scheduling feature and the other features the platform has available.

Naomi
Sr Digital Learning & Platforms Advisor in UK
Law Practice, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Fantastic platform and amazing team at Guider

Comments: Overall it has been a great experience working with the Guider team and starting to see the platform in action! I would highly recommend Guider to any organisation. It is a great product that is continually being improved and the team are very friendly, helpful and great to work with.

Pros:

It is an absolutely brilliant way to connect people across a global firm for mentoring. The AI behind the matching is really great - people are often surprised but really pleased about who they get matched with, especially as it tends to be someone you probably never would have met otherwise and get to see a different perspective of the firm. Creates more of an inclusive mentoring opportunity with everyone in the firm having equal access to a mentor, not based upon who you know in your cicles. The team and support with Guider are amazing and really work alongside us to continually improve the experience! The guidance and resources built into the flow of the platform and the mentoring relationship It is really easy to use, clean design and very user-friendly

Cons:

If you don't have Outlook and Teams integration the experience isn't the greatest for as the mentors have to do so much more manually, especially when working with people with very low tech skills. I wish we had a bit more behind the scenes admin access to help people when they are struggling with setting up their profiles or logging a connection (this is to help the small population, sometimes very senior, who are quite challenged with technology, as in general it is actually quite intuitive)

Thank you Naomi! So excited to see mentoring growing at the firm with Guider

Phil
Associate Director in UK
Commercial Real Estate Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best learning tool by a mile

Comments: Not to repeat myself here but the outcome was better than expected. As mention, got promoted, built network, improved some of my soft skills and was cool to give back and share my knowledge by being a mentor too

Pros:

Finally something that has real impact. The software was not only easy to sign up, but has completely changed my career. First started as a mentee and it paired me with a mentor better than I expected. She was actually in another country and couldn't have met without this platform. Then about 8 months ago they released a new feature to let us be both a mentee and a mentor and as they have been helping me become a mentor while being a mentee I am now a mentor too, which is nice to give back. I've never bothered with the other learning tools we are given but Guider is the only platform that has directly got me promoted and allowed me to build my network. Great job guys and Kudos to the L&D team too!

Cons:

None. Loved it, something I use most months

4 years ago

This is so great to hear thanks Phil!

Guy
Senior Digital Learning & Platforms Manager in UK
Law Practice, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Taking mentoring to the next level

Comments: Very good. They listen to our feedback and have proactively worked towards enhancing the product in upcoming releases. This partnership approach gives us great confidence as we scale mentoring across all our global locations across six continents.

Pros:

I like the fact Guider focussed entirely on mentoring. It does not try to add unnecessary features that add complexity or overlap with other systems. Guider has a simple clean user interface and is therefore easy to use and for people to adopt. I like the fact we can direct our employees to a single destination to find out more about mentoring, find a match, track their interactions and receive timely support throughout the process. It brings structure and scale to our mentoring activities; making it very easy to participate and connect with people outside of your network, all around the world.

Cons:

We are looking forward to the MS Exchange/Calendar integration - this will massively enhance the session booking process. Whilst it is possible to do manually, it puts great reliance on individuals to stay on top of their administration. Technology can definitely support and enhance the manual availability sharing process - so we are looking forward to taking advantage of the Guider calendar integration soon.

Beth
Director in UK
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Guider is fantastic

Comments: Cannot recommend Guider enough.

Pros:

We have used Guider for over a year to run our mentoring programme and it has been fantastic - the mentors and mentees love it. It's easy for us to use and the metrics they provide are so helpful.

Cons:

I have nothing negative to say - Guider is brilliant.

Researcher in UK
Research, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Brilliant, easy-to-use platform that has revolutionised our workplace culture

Comments: Overall, my experience with Guider has been excellent. I'd recommend it to any team looking to support and retain their people.

Pros:

Guider is very simple to set up and intuitive to use. Their mentor matching was really insightful and the support we've received with content in particular has helped structure our sessions.

Cons:

A few bugs but the customer success team were very quick to sort these out.

johanna
Commercial Strategy Team Lead in UK
Research, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Guider to transform your mentoring

Comments: Love this platform! Super helpful for businesses who want to take their mentoring and coaching seriously. Takes all the admin and hassle away from the initial matching, to being able to connect and record progress in one place

Pros:

AI matching is speedy and accurate Easily match mentors and mentees Gets you up and running super quickly

Cons:

Some calendar syncing issues to start with but these seem to have been resolved well

Urvashi
CEO in UK
Cosmetics, 51–200 Employees

Simply the best

Pros:

The platform was extremely streamline and very easy to navigate. The fast sign up process and the automated match up allows the platform to be user friendly. It allows the business to connect and expand their skills and talents while also tracking the results effectively.

Cons:

I haven't come across any cons at the moment!

3 years ago

Thank you Urvashi! Great to hear your experience has been so positive.

Ivy
Adviser in UK
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Great software saving lots of admin

Pros:

The mentor/mentee matches are made using an algorithm and this saved me a lot of matching time compared to when I did it manually. The software is slick and I have visibility on how often mentors and mentees meet, what platforms they're using, as well as what they're looking to get out of the mentoring relationship.

Cons:

We had an individual instance where a participant didn't want to sync their calendar to the platform, which limited their ability to schedule sessions on Guider, but this was a one-off and didn't significantly impact the experience for the group overall.

3 years ago

Thank you Ivy! It's been fantastic working with you and LegalGeek and we're excited for the programmes to continue!

Rachel
Senior Assistant in UK
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees

Mentoring via Guider

Pros:

Ease for end users to set up profiles. This reduces administration for our mentoring scheme and enables strong matches and choice from a user perspective. The statistics are useful for analysis to target and asses skill requirements of the users.

Cons:

Profile for administrators only not yet enabled

Lucy
Comms professional in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Mentoring with Guider

Pros:

I find Guider to be user friendly and I like how it integrates with your Outlook and Teams calendars so you don't forget meetings or double-book. I think it is a useful feature that you can add a photo as it makes it easier to connect with mentors/mentees. There is a vast amount of resources and guides available in the Learning Hub to help your development journey.

Cons:

I haven't used all aspects of Guider yet to understand every part of it however the parts I have seen I have liked. When I change roles internally, I had to manually update my job title so it might be useful if the integration part could in the opposite direction too so that it updates your information and perhaps syncs your profile picture from your Outlook app too.

Stuart
Teacher Of Accounting in UK
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

A really simple but effective tool for managing mentoring assignments

Comments: A really useful tool to manage mentoring assignments that puts everything in one place and avoids pen, paper and that ubiquitous spreadsheet!

Pros:

It is easy to use without any complicated instructions that any person with the most basic of IT skills can deal with.

Cons:

The video platform has moments of instability or simply will not work, resulting in having to use TEAMS to do the video calls

Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Guiders overview

Comments: My experience with them was not so bad I have learned alot from guider and everybody can too

Pros:

It had every tool or software laboratory in one software program

Cons:

Learning management could be improved in

James
Engagement Manager in South Africa
Sports, 501–1,000 Employees

Time saving & an effective launch!

Pros:

Guider helped us turn an idea to run a programme into a fully functioning pilot in a matter of days! Their ready-made materials, app and guidance saved us weeks, if not months, of preparation, and now we are up and running!

Cons:

The challenge is always getting people (both mentors and mentees) bought into using the tool. It has worked well already, but I'd suggest continuing to build engagement / onboarding activities to make it even smoother!

2 years ago

Thank you James! It's been a pleasure working with you and the team to get the programme up and running so quickly.

Victoria
Buying Graduate in UK
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Highly Recommend to all!

Comments: Really great - beneficial for all whatever your level or experience!

Pros:

Very easy to use - it is the best tool I have seen to help you network and gain advice from your peers in such a corporate company. It really helps to bring people out of their specific BU's and share their knowldge and experience.

Cons:

Once you have been put in contact with your Mentor you may find it easier to have private contact with them and not choose to use the formalities of this tool past this stage.

4 years ago

Thank you Victoria! Glad to hear you found good mentors as a result of Guider.

Peter
Contract Manager in UK
Railroad Manufacture, 10,000+ Employees

Working in a large organisation, Guider makes finding a great mentor easy

Pros:

The platform is easy to navigate and I found a fantastic mentor through it. It's easy to get a bit lost in a massive organisational structure, and hard to make contacts that you can learn from outside of your immediate team. The software gave me a range of options for mentors that matched the skills I needed, that I'd never have found otherwise, particularly as a shy person.

Cons:

Nothing stands out. I don't think there's a mobile app for Guider, which would be cool to have