Firm360 Reviews

4.6 (89) Write a Review!

About Firm360

Get More Done With Firm360. Save time and money with this all-in-one accounting management platform—the visibility you need.

Learn more about Firm360

Pros:

I looked for months for a solution that integrated time tracking, document management, and client task management in one solution.

Cons:

Documents filing system, automatic sort out system non-exiting, search criteria limitation.

Firm360 ratings

4.5
4.7
4.4
4.6

8.6/10

Firm360 has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 89 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used Firm360 before?

Nani
Bookkeeping/Office Manager in US

McManus Tax Review

5.0 last week New

Comments: Easy to use. Easy to work with. All around grateful for this product.

Pros:

I enjoy how user friendly it is. It's relatively easy to jump in and use it without having to have a background in programming.

Cons:

I wish invoices could sync into QuickBooks desktop. I understand how the founder does his bookkeeping and sales tracking, but we enjoy having both recourses and do not typically put all our eggs in one basket... or data in this case.

Alternatives Considered: Canopy and Canopy Software

Reasons for Choosing Firm360: They were extremely inconsistent, always having cloud issues and not having access to the site. The invoices weren't actually sending to our clients which we were unaware of. They offer sync agent into QuickBooks Desktop but that also didn't ever work fully. Their ACH payment system was always failing, and clients would constantly have to contact us to let us know. But more than anything, they would never ever respond. I would try and schedule follow up phone calls, or meetings or even just emails and they totally ghosted us. To this day, they never followed through with a resolution and literally don't even know we don't' use their product.

Switched From: Mango Practice Management

Reasons for Switching to Firm360: I think that Canopy had a better portal system. We didn't have to have a social security number in there or put all "1s" so a client could access. The set up for clients was really easy and the payment system was also easy. Didn't' require a test deposit or anything like that. Simple click to pay. Also they have extended hours during tax season for customer service and tech support. And wow oh wow their customer support is super nice. Extremely patient, able to hear what we want in a system and be able to make it work with out trying to talk us out of what it is we want. Which is awesome.

Adam
COO in US
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

Great System to run an accounting firm

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The time tracking is attributed to projects. The projects have tasks and subtasks that can be assigned to individual users. Very customizable. Support is excellent.

Cons:

The system does everything i need it to. My employees dont complain like they did with past systems. I cant think of a con

Alternatives Considered: Mango Practice Management and Canopy

Reasons for Choosing Firm360: The subtask assigning was not sufficient with Jetpack

Switched From: Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to Firm360: Better in functionality, price, and support

Accountant in US

Firm360 is broadly excellent for firm management, quirks aside

3.0 last week New

Comments: Generally speaking, using firm360 is largely painless. It is only when occasional issues with time tracking crop up or you need to do deep document searches that some friction can be encountered.2FA challenge frequency is almost certainly too high. If I step away from the desk for an hour, it shouldn't be necessary to get sent an authentication code while in the same browser session.

Pros:

Project tracking is straight-forward and easy. File versioning is helpful when dealing with documents that get frequent edits. The recent addition of folders for files is very helpful for organizing client data.

Cons:

I find that time tracking is extremely fiddly, especially when it comes to editing entries once they've been started. It isn't at all uncommon that I'll be rapidly juggling tasks and clients, so being able to edit individual punches in both time and date would be useful. Even the cheapest timeclock systems like do this *much* better than Firm360.

Kevin

Best Accounting/Tax Firm Management Software

Comments: If you are looking for a practice management solution for your bookkeeping, payroll, tax, and consulting practice, look no further! Firm360 is the answer.

Pros:

Firm360 is by far the best solution for accounting and tax practice management. The application is outstanding. It includes everything we could want in project management, document management, and even CRM. The staff is friendly and highly knowledgeable. Improvements are being made all the time. Good ideas from customers get the attention and action they deserve.

Cons:

There is nothing I like least about this software.

Alternatives Considered: Canopy, BigTime and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Firm360: Smartsheet's notification system went haywire right in the middle of tax season. Tech support admitted there was a problem but would do anything to fix it. Our administrator was suddenly receiving hundreds of unnecessary email notifications daily from Smartsheet.

Switched From: Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Firm360: Firm360 is explicitly geared toward accounting/tax firms. The company understands the accountant's terminology and firm structure. Predesigned project templates are relevant and applicable to our workflows.

2 months ago

Kevin - thanks for the feedback and kind words! We appreciate the feedback you have provided as you got used to the product, which helps us improve things for everyone.

Katie
Tax Manager in US

Use Friendly and Lots of Customization Available

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: So far so good. Really like the user experience.

Pros:

The time tracking by projected is great, and I love the ability to customize projects and tasks for specific clients without having to go back to Customer Service for help.

Cons:

Nothing that I've seen yet other than the pain of changing software.

Cora
Staff Accoutant in US

Firm360

5.0 last week New

Comments: I have had a great experience with Firm360. The software is really easy to use and figure out, and fits all of the needs for my job. The support for Fimr360 is great. Someone always gets back to me very quickly and they have always been helpful.

Pros:

I think this software is user-friendly and was very easy to figure out. I love how easy it is to take payments from clients, create invoices, track project progress, and find client information.

Cons:

It would be helpful if the software had an accounts receivable ledger to track all of the invoices and payments from clients in one place. We have had clients that want proof that they did or did not pay for an invoice and I have to create something to send them to show each invoice sent to them and each payment that we received from them.

Joseph
CPA in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Best workflow and time management software for an average sized CPA Firm.

5.0 last week New

Comments: Very happy with this sofware. It is a huge step above what we have used in the past and it is reasonably priced and offers excellent customer support.

Pros:

I like the time keeping feature and how easy it is to navigate through different clients with the touch of a button. We have in the past used Practice software, but this is way more efficient and it is 100% easier to find what you need and get to where you want to go. Plus the portal feature of this product is outstanding and easy for our clients to navigate.

Cons:

The only thing I really disliked about this sofware is trying to manage my projects on the dashboard. I think there should be more sort options based off much needed date triggers. I spent alot of time trying to manage my projects in a logical order.

Christy
Office Manager in US

We love Firm360!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We are solving the issues of not knowing where someone left off, where a project is and what information may be needed from a client!

Pros:

The onboarding team and process has made this transition wonderful and it has really allowed our firm to keep track of ongoing projects without all of the headaches. Firm360 is consistently coming out with new features and enhancing the product even more!

Cons:

So far there isn't much we do not like! This software has been a tremendous help and upgrade from previous software used.

Alternatives Considered: Canopy

Daniel
President in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Excellent overall product. Great Support.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent. Our transition from Office Tools Professional (which i do not recomment. Their customer service and bad business tactics are the worst i have ever experienced in my 40 years of running a CPA firm) was very smooth and d painless.

Pros:

Support and help with setup. Easy to use, Can access anywhere since it is online

Cons:

Since it is online, the program times out and requires you to log back in. I would like to see the login stay up longer. Need a little more flexability with the actual invoice. We have client specific templates that will not work in 360. Also markdowns for clients needs more flexability to show up in Realization calculations.

Bookkeeping Associate in US

360

Comments: Easy to set up, easy to use.

Pros:

Client project management made easy. Set up recurring projects for easy monthly tracking.

Cons:

Not enough customization options. Dashboard could use more sort options.

last year

Hello! Thank you for your feedback, we would love to talk in more depth about how we could make the system work better for your team. No name was provided, so if you are interested, please reach out to our support team to setup a call so we can see how we can help!

Crystal
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

It's as close to one size fits all as you can get

Comments: Overall, I am very happy in Firm360. I was able to ditch what I felt was antiquated software (Thomson CS) and streamline processes. It is rich with functionality and can handle a firm that doesn't do JUST tax returns. I think a lot of firm management software focuses too much on just the tax work. Firm360 is much more than that and continues to improve constantly. I will be able to easily scale my business thanks to them.

Pros:

Easy to implement, easy to use. It has many features, and they are making consistent improvements every month. The clients like it and have had no trouble accessing the client portal and using the document upload. I also like that you can merge documents into one PDF.

Cons:

I wish there were a mobile app for clients and my firm. Sometimes I'm on the go and would like to take a quick note on a client with my phone. I also wish that you could structure things by folder, and send automated tasks for clients. Organizers (customizable) would be nice too.

Alternatives Considered: TaxDome, Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Choosing Firm360: I had various software subscriptions because there wasn't one solution that could do mostly everything until I found Firm360.

Switched From: DocuSign, Canopy Software, CS Professional Suite and Jetpack Workflow

6 months ago

Crystal - thanks for the input! FYI we are currently working on most of the items you mentioned on your "wish list" below so keep that feedback coming!

Janet

Love Firm 360!

Comments: Fantastic and amazing. Couldn't ask for a better software or support team. Would recommend this software to anyone.

Pros:

This software is so easy to use. But before that even, if was even easier to implement and roll out to our team. We looked at many other similar products but they were either very costly or a lot of work to load data/ roll out/ learn. Firm 360 is the perfect solution! And their customer support team is amazing. We ask for tweaks or adjustments, and the same day we get a response. Frequently even, we get those requests met the same day or the day following. Can't speak highly enough of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and their Firm 360 product!

Cons:

Having to pay! ha! The only thing that would make this better is if it were free. But nothing worth having is free, so we are happy to pay for the service. We don't see ever making a change from Firm 360 at this point.

Alternatives Considered: Aero Workflow, CS Professional Suite, Jetpack Workflow and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing Firm360: Excel wasn't enough. We were growing and couldn't keep all the data (uncorrupted) in Excel any longer.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Firm360: The ease in implementation and on-going maintenance was a major factor in choosing Firm 360 over these other Company software. Excel was what we were using before, but we outgrew it. We tried to implement Aero last year and it was so complex, we weren't successful in getting the data loaded or the employees understanding how best to use the software. We made the right choice by far!

Cyndi

Firm 360 Goes Above & Beyond

Comments: So far our experience with Firm 360 has been great. This software is helping our employees know what they need to do and to stay on track and meet deadlines. It is helping our client data stay up to date and easily accessible to the whole firm. Also, which is a huge bonus, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are wonderful to work with and strive to incorporate new ideas all the time. If you even think something would be nice to have, even if it's just a time saving feature, you let them know and they put it into action as quickly as possible. I see the software getting better all the time.

Pros:

The sync to QBO feature makes Firm 360 very easy to use for updating client data, adding new clients, and most especially billing. Once you get used to having Firm 360 be the "driver" for client data having the sync to QBO automatic, you find that your firm's QBO file gets cleaned up pretty quickly and stays that way. The sync feature also makes billing out of Firm 360 so easy. You can create the invoice in Firm 360 and it flows right into QBO so that your A/R stays up to date.

Cons:

The one feature I don't especially like about Firm 360 is that all clients must have a client number and that is how your client list is displayed. We have never used client numbers and having used QBO since our inception, we are used to having our clients listed in alphabetical order. Having the list displayed in alpha order helps when adding a new client to be slotted in automatically in it's correct placement. With the client numbering system, the clients are in no particular order so it makes my OCD go nuts when looking at the client list.

last year

Cyndi - Thanks for the feedback! As a note to anyone that reads this, Firm360 values user feedback and implemented the option to disable "client numbers" shortly after receiving this review. Thank you. Firm360 Team

Whitney
President in US

Firm360

Comments: The Firm360 team has been great to work with, always responsive to questions and suggestions/needs. We were using Practice CS, FileCabinet CS (neither have had major updates for years) and NetClient CS.
We saved money and went down to one software product! They helped us successfully implement the program and continue to provide great support for the product. We have had no issues with downtime, and the occasional bugs, that will happen with any software, are quickly resolved. We have been very happy with our change to Firm360!

Pros:

* Easy to use * Clients do not have to remember passwords; the SMS text adds better security * We were able to eliminate 2 software packages plus NetClient portals to a single product. * Company and developers have been VERY responsive to suggestions for improvements and have implemented changes far quicker than other software companies we have dealt with. * Support is primarily email, but company did accommodate calls when needed. Overall support has been good.

Cons:

Having to download documents to print and not have a print driver to print directly into the program. The ability to upload directly from Adobe is helpful with this process, but still one extra step.

2 months ago

Whitney - thank you for the feedback! we love hearing from happy users.

Marian
Firm Managing Partner in US

Daily Dashboard

Comments: Its a great tool that is easy to learn and navigate, and houses everything i need to run the work of my accounting practice.

Pros:

I like that its a one stop shop to view and organize my to do. See where projects are, whats coming up due, and run reports on revenue coverage and client realization.

Cons:

There are a couple small things i would do to beef up the planning and workflow. Mainly on how the information is viewed on my scrren. i wish i could see on my dashboard how many hours of work i have, so when I view my dashboard or my teams dashboard i can see who is overloaded and who isnt. An App for my phone would be great too!

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Time and GoFileRoom

Reasons for Choosing Firm360: Started my own firm and needed something that was more all in one.

Reasons for Switching to Firm360: The team that was developing it really showcased the program well, and provided consistent and quick support.

6 months ago

Marian Thank you for this feedback

Jason
Managing Partner in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

You have to demo Firm360 BEFORE you make a final decision...

Comments: Overall, our experience has been great. It has been a quality firm management tool that allows us to really see where our staff spend their time and what are profitability is on individual clients and projects, whether those are hourly or flat-fee.

Pros:

The deployment and integration with QuickBooks Online or other client info databases was a snap. The ability to quickly customize your projects, templates, billable items, staff rates, etc. was straightforward and not as time consuming as I thought it would be. The workflow had some glitches at first, but due to user errors and upgrades from the developers, we have it streamlined, and the process is going very smooth.

Cons:

The addition of contacts to multiple clients can get messy. You have to know that a contact has been setup in order to access for another client. Once you get that down, you are okay.

6 months ago

Jason - Thanks for the feedback!

Debbie
Vice President in US

First Time User Well Pleased

Comments: Love the program, love the team that is always responsive and take feedback into consideration for making their program better. An experience that has overwhelming been much better than prior experiences than other companies. Would recommend to others .

Pros:

The software is user friendly, easy to learn. For the most part makes sense on how it flows. Once you have the knack of how it works with Adobe Acrobat life becomes much easier.

Cons:

Non consistency within the program with Alphabetized lists . Report options and some of the billing analysis needs to be a bit more robust.

6 months ago

Thank you for this feedback Debbie!

Ben
Senior Accountant in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

A Great Task Management Software

Comments: I love the easy to use software and tabs. Since the majority of us work remote it's a good "home base" to have to make sure all your tasks are being completed and on time.

Pros:

I love having a centralized location for all my daily, monthly, and qtrly tasks. We can then break them down even further by different locations/departments.

Cons:

I think there are some repetitive features within the software. Like activities, projects, and tasks. I feel like there could be only one or two of those options. Overall I think the software is user-friendly and very helpful for work-life organization.

6 months ago

Ben - Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback!

Leigh
Communications Director in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Best option we found, love this tool!

Comments: 100% positive. We really do love the features we do use and the fact that we can grow into it so much more because it has so much to offer.

Pros:

We shopped for a long time before choosing 360. Once we found it and talked with their staff, we instantly felt all the niggles and reservations disappear. We knew this was the program for us, and it has been such a godsend to our practice. We regret nothing. You won't either.

Cons:

The most difficult thing is having to change how you run your practice to incorporate the program. Change can be hard, and setup takes time, but it's worth it in the end. Any struggle you have with the software is either misusing it or the staff can add it as a feature pretty quickly. They're very responsive in either case.

last year

Leigh - Thank you for the feedback. We love to hear that our users are having success with Firm360!

Janice
Office Manager in US

Can't operate without Firm360

Comments: We now have a view of pending and closed projects, how much time is being spent on a client, and all those other pesky management dynamics that keep your business' "black hole" to a minimum.

Pros:

The software is incredibly easy to learn and use. Firm360 staff work hard at fixing issues quickly and are very responsive to feedback.

Cons:

The report and search functions are still in the early days and need to be fleshed out. Right now many reports have to be exported to csv then created in excel. The search/filter functions aren't available on all input fields. There is no true integration with Outlook.

6 months ago

Janice - Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Virginia
Office Administrator in US

Still learning all aspects of Firm360

Comments: So far...so good. As mentioned earlier, I'm still learning and I look forward to finding all the benefits that F360 has to offer me as a user with our business.

Pros:

I like the search field and it shortens my time in looking for a specific client along with their project or information. I like the ease of creating an invoice as well as how to apply a payment and later being able to review all that information. I'm still learning different aspects of the product and how to use them to my benefit.

Cons:

When a client uploads a document to the portal, I would like to receive some form of notification that a document has been uploaded. Asking the client to email us saying there is a document uploaded doesn't seem right. I would also like to see a hyperlink that can be clicked on when you "add a contact" so you can toggle back and forth if needed. I don't like going "out of a client" and then have to search for another one that was tied to the first one.

6 months ago

Virginia - Thank you for the feedback! I believe the couple of things you mentioned can be accomplished, we will reach out to show you how.

Cansu
Senior Finance Manager in UK
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

User feedback with pros and cons

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I got support from Firm360 during my accounting process because it was affordable. Integration with my bank statements made my job much easier.

Cons:

What I dislike the most is that the documents can't be customized as I would like.

2 weeks ago

Cansu - thank you for the feedback!

Danielle
Business & Office Manager in US

Firm360 works for our small firm

Comments: Onboarding Firm360 was an entirely collaborative process. From the initial demonstration through training and customization,[SENSITIVE CONTENT] were completely hands-on. All of our suggestions and recommendations were fully understood and applied to the software in ways that made our migration much easier. As with any switch to a firm management software, the more use it, the better and more comfortable you become with it.

Pros:

Firm360 is pretty intuitive and highly customizable.

Cons:

Less clicks is always better in any software. As they continue to improve and adjust, the number of clicks should decline.

last year

Thank you for the review and feedback!

Kim
Tax Manager in US

Firm 360 Review

Comments: We are more aware of who is assigned to what and the status of the projects and tasks. Invoicing is much easier that going through QuickBooks.

Pros:

All the features we use are important to keep the firm running smoothly and efficiently.

Cons:

There were some small bumps in the road at first, but the 360 Support Staff is awesome and helped in any areas we needed. I used to use a different practice management software at my former firm, and I will say 360 has more benefits and integrates well with our tax software.

6 months ago

Kim - Thank you for the feedback!

Cynthia
Administrative Manager in US

Our Firm Review

Comments: Sometimes when we e-mail with questions, we hate that it has to be assigned a work ticket and then we get an e-mail back saying go to this link to get more information or try this when what we really want is for someone to pick the phone up and give us a call. We feel like there is not alot of customer service real time interaction.

Pros:

We like that we can see at a glance on our dashboard what work we have assigned to us as it comes in and the appropriate staff check in the projects.

Cons:

The staff who have to scan the docs to Firm360 under the clients' accounts would like to have the option of using Folders on the Documents Tab to help organize the docs better...similar to what we had with another software company. I don't like that I can't run a better time entered report to calculate payroll hours to be paid. The staff doesn't like that when we print a tax return from one software program it doesn't talk to Firm360 to scan the TR doc directly to the clients' folders...that we have to save to desktop then scan to Firm360.

6 months ago

Cindy - Wow! I am really sorry to hear that you feel this way. We want to make things right by you. 1) We have a toll free support phone number you can call any time. We will email you that info so you have it. 2) Some of your concerns can be accomplished, lets line up a call to review your processes and see if we can help you out 3) We are also reviewing your feedback for any enhancements we can add to the product, and will let you know as they are released. Thanks, Clay