DejaOffice PC CRM Reviews

by CompanionLink Software

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    3.9 /5

About DejaOffice PC CRM

Tradiitional PC based CRM Contact Manager with matching real Mobile CRM Apps.Two-week free trial.One time price.

Learn more about DejaOffice PC CRM

Judith B.
Software Test Manager
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-02

"DejaOffice is my best friend!!"

Comments: Meeting times pop up as reminders and messages so I don't miss anything important. Personal appointments don't get missed either. If I need to look up information about a contact/person, I get all the information. Names, contacts, notes, etc.. Everything I may need can be saved.

Pros: I find that keeping my contacts and calendar available thru DejaOffice on both my laptop and my cellphone keeps me on task, and I have all the information I need at a glance. I get notifications for meetings and important dates without worrying that I need to be in front of my laptop. It is like taking a day-planner wherever you go.

Cons: I use my DejaOffice for personal use, however, if my business would let me, I would use it with my work email as well.

Bruce W.
President and CEO
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-02

"Great value for a reasonably well-featured Contact Management and Scheduling app"

Comments: Overall, the tech support has been great. With a few more fixes or added features, it would be excellent.

Pros: I was able to export my Act! for Windows database and go to this more basic Contact Management App - which links contacts to the calendar and syncs with my smartphone.

Cons: It is difficult to find scheduled events by looking up the contact the event is scheduled with and it doesn't allow you to schedule recurring events for the last business day of each month.

Kate W.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-15

"I'm a big fan"

Comments: I really like the program. I love the interface between the contact and calendar. Their tech support is wonderful they answer my questions.

Pros: I really like DejaOffice, I have used it since having a Palm Pilot. Originally I used companion link to interface with ACT. I'm so happy DejaOffice created a stand alone program. I can't justify paying for ACT anymore as I am only one person, not an entire sales staff.

Cons: Occasional problems with syncing where I get duplicates. Frequently happened because I didn't have the settings on my phone correctly set.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-15
Gary R.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-17

"Tech support great."

Pros: I have used the Palm Desktop for 15 years. Without it, I could not conduct business. I have used the various versions of DejaOffice since its inception. I recently changed cell phones. There were some issues with the migration. My first email to tech support was with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was prompt and persistent in resolving all the issues over several emails and a direct phone call. I highly recommend this fully integrated suite of applications. There is nothing even close to it in terms of simplicity, thoroughness, and reliability.

Cons: Earlier versions of DejaOffice had some issues with syncing with desktop. All resolved with updates, but frustrating at the time.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-17
Christian A.
Sports, 2-10 Employees

"AN EXCELLENT ASSITANT!"

Comments: I've registered all of my contacts since 10 years ago.
And synchronyze it with my outlook database

Pros: Is the most complete contacts app that I've ever used.
The two versions, especially the one that is in my smartphone

Cons: More graphical themes for the app.
Sync more quickly

Mark M.
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees

"Deja Cool"

Pros: Flexibility and Great support with willingness to add features to make the product better.

Cons: Still needs some maturity around 3 rd party integration, Sales Management and opportunity tracking

Robert F.
Farming, 2-10 Employees

"Review"

Comments: Good. Some frustration in getting the sync to work properly

Pros: Easy of installation and price. By far the best in these categories

Cons: Learning how to uses the features and online tutorials are both challenges

Don K.
musician
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-03

"My USe of Deja Office PC"

Comments: Truthfully, I don't use the PC desktop functions much. I find the screens to busy - the graphics are not pleasing and are distracting. A simpler screen design would be more useful.

Pros: I basically use the Deja Office android as my personal calendar, note taker and contact manager. I used to back it up on PC and use the Palm database and occasionally the Palm desktop. When Palm ceased to function well when I got a Windows 10 machine, I selected Deja Office PC as the way to backup my Android database. Truthfully, I don't use the PC desktop functions much. I find the screens to busy - the graphics are not pleasing and are distracting. A simpler screen design would be more useful.

Cons: The Graphics and screen design are not to my liking.

David M.
Textiles, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-08

"Great Contact Managment System"

Pros: Simplicity. Have used the mobile app for a long time but switched over from Act on my computer. This gives me all I need.

Cons: Have a little trouble get used to the process of putting the history in completed meetings, tasks, etc

Gary E.
Textiles, 2-10 Employees

"Deja Office vs ACT"

Comments: i definitely like it very much. I can not say anything bad about the program. The management was very
kind to start me out with a reasonable price unlike ACT.
I might want to move up a notch to gain some of the features i had at ACT.

Pros: Price and similar to ACT that I have been using for 12 years.

Cons: The search is not always accurate. I lose information. I can not Email direct (I do not know how) I can not follow easy steps. I have to add i am 84 and still running my business in Textiles. I would pay to have someone come on my computer set up Document that will auto fill in the customer information.
I would like to group my customers Products. I would like to pull up list by Town, State and have it ready to
make calls while in that area. I am pretty sure I can but I can not seem to follow instructions well as they are written. I get discouraged and quit trying.

Michael G.
Retired
Financial Services Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-03

"It gives me what I want"

Comments: The system is far simpler than the one I'd used for the previous twenty years, and took a little getting used to. However, now that I am used to it I find it very simple and straightforward to use.

Pros: Inputting data is very simple, and the category filters are very useful. The installation and integration with my previous CRM system was simple and straightforward.

Cons: I'm unable to create email and document templates in the way that I should. Got the impression that technical support didn't how how to fix it so gave up on it. I have worked out a way of achieving the odd letter, but don't know at this stage how to create an address list template for use with labels.

Robert W.
Airline Pilot
Airlines/Aviation, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"A necessary evil."

Comments: I think I've said enough.

Pros: User-unfriendly as it is, it's what I committed to as a replacement for my old Palm PDA. It retains most of the data...so that's good. But I wish I had time to shop for and switch to something more efficient and easy to learn.

Cons: Oh, where do I start? I guess if I could pick one thing, it would be how cumbersome the desktop is to use. It is SO SLOW!!! On my Palm desktop, I could modify tasks, memos, etc. and the changes would take place instantly. With Deja, it's like having a bad internet connection even when it's only talking to my hard drive! "Dum-de-dum-de-dum..." And then when it's done thinking, if I've changed a category, for instance, it's jumped to the new category - which then necessitates my navigating back to where I was, and again, LLLLAAAAGGGGG. AAARRRGH!~ Cumbersome. Consistently frustrating. LET ME ADD - that one big reason I haven't sought help from customer service is how unpleasant my first experiences were trying to go that route. The agent I dealt with (or who dealt with me) was terribly condescending. Wouldn't let me finish describing my issue(s) before jumping in and unloading a bunch of mumbo-jumbo at me that usually ended with "must be a problem on your end."

Doug B.
Retired
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-17

"My Favorable Experiences"

Comments: Still the best option for my needs and legacy data.

Pros: I needed a CRM to migrate my Palm database to. DejaOffice provided a seamless transition, particularly contacts, calendar and memos.

Cons: Difficulty syncing data between android phones, tablets, and windows PC. Always a risk of data loss.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-17
Jerry M.
attorney
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-23

"Rude sarcastic in a hurry support"

Comments: I have used it several years

Pros: it works fairly well to sync android to outlook

Cons: support rude, sarcastic tone of voice and in a great hurry to get off phone

by CompanionLink Software on 2020-11-24

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and will be working with our technician to improve our level of service.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-23
Paramjit G.
Manger
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-03

"Stand alone CRM ..... affordable ... does the trick"

Comments: Good like it mostly

Pros: Stand alone CRM ...... easy to use .............Utilitarian

Cons: Report generation can be better that what we have right now should be able to customize the reports

Candace P.
Office Mgr
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees

"Ease of use"

Pros: Compatible with Palm software to merge system into

Cons: More colors and more categories for contacts.

John F.
Audiologist
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-07

"DejaOffice PC CRM - Economical substitute for Outlook etc."

Comments: There is value here if you are looking for an inexpensive, basic scheduling and customer contact management program. The PC version of the fairly successful app is relatively new and as such is still working out some kinks. However, customer service has been effective and quite prompt.

Pros: It is great for those looking for basic, scheduling and contact management program. Numerous synchronization options and flexible compatibility with other CRMs .

Cons: It is a new system and, as one would expect, has presented glitches. Specifically, synchronizing with it's partner DejaOffice App has been finicky. Up to now, each of the problems has been resolved but monitoring for updates is a MUST and resolution of problems has taken a bit of back and forth with customer service.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-07
Robert S.
physician
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-10

"palm software still out there!!"

Comments: gets the job done

Pros: easy even for non tech savy folks as long as online or telephone help available

Cons: some folks you talk to for telephone support were easily frustrated with questions

• Reviewed on 2021-03-10
Bill M.
ITS
Government Administration, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-11

"Strong replacement for PalmOS with easy sync to smartphone, Android in my case."

Comments: I like the product and have found the support organization responsive when I've had problems.

Pros: Easy migration from PalmOS. Good search.

Cons: Alarms on the laptop could be more timely.

Peter V.
Tattoo Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-02

"Never got my refund, even though I called and asked for it"

Comments: I’m not happy with this product or the customer service for it. I bought this product thinking that it would replace palm desktop for me and found that it’s not compatible in the ways I thought. I called for a refund and they gave me the runaround. I actually thought I had been reimbursed but now I see they never refunded me. Don’t buy this if you expect that they’ll follow through on their refund.

Pros: Nothing. It didn’t do what I thought it would do

Cons: Never got to use it since it won’t do what I thought it would do

by CompanionLink Software on 2021-03-12

Peter, thank you for your review. I'm happy we were able to refund your purchase right away. I wish you success in finding a solution to sync your old Palm Handheld

Chris C.
Broker
Real Estate, Self Employed

"No more ACT."

Comments: Easy to learn and it gets the job done.

Pros: After probably 20 years as a user of ACT, I made the switch to DejaOffice PC CRM. It does everything that I need at a fraction of the cost. Enough said.

Cons: With ACT I could sort my clients based on that day their data with input.

Teresa M.
Exercise Physiologist
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-03

"Great Replacement for Palm Software"

Comments: As I mentioned above, I wanted to back up my data locally, not to the cloud. Using my Palm handheld had become a bit cumbersome in the sync process (too long a story to recount), so being able to sync the data locally over my Wi-Fi to my desktop computer is exactly what I wanted.

Pros: The ability to import my Palm applications so I could transition to a smartphone. I was trying different mainstream ways (Outlook, Google Calendar, etc) to migrate my Palm apps to my phone and was coming up with a mish-mash of solutions. DejaOffice PC CRM was able to handle all my native Palm apps with only a couple glitches (solved). Also, the ability to quickly sync (WiFi) to my local computer instead of the cloud.

Cons: The fact that I had to specify a number of days of data to import. Instead of offering a choice for "all", the default value was something like 30 days or 3 months (I can't remember now). The value of having so much calendar data on hand is to look back for long-ago events. So I had to re-import with a value of 3650 days (10 years): I still didn't get ALL the calendar entries I had on my Palm, but I have the most important stuff and can still use the Palm and Palm Desktop to find anything older than 10 years.

Michael M.
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-18

"DejaOffice CRM is a great product and service"

Comments: The support team was easily contacted and knew the product well. I am pleased with this product and service.

Pros: The permanent purchase option for the license and the annual sync to cloud agreements are a refreshing choice from other CRM software vendors. The features including link of desktop to cell phone dialing are unique.

Cons: I have no complaints. The recently added feature allowing a dial request from the desktop app to the cell phone app is great.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-18
Kris M.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-08

"OUtlook to Android link"

Comments: It has been good. I do not use all its capabilities and probably should .

Pros: It syncs my calendar and contacts between my Surface Pro and Samsung phone.

Cons: Calendar reminders are not consistently shown both on my SP and Samsung

Rick E.
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-02

"Swimming Pool Inspector and Expert and Expert Witness."

Comments: I am replacing ACT 2012. Scheduling meetings was easier

Pros: The synchronization between my computer, my phone and tablet

Cons: Getting the history working for each contact.
Limitations when setting appointments. One hour, two hours how about three or four hours.