15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Dialpad

Dialpad Ai modernizes communication technology, putting voice, messaging, meetings, and video on any device.

Learn more about Dialpad

Pros:

Customer Service worked very well, they help with any technical problem that I might have and in general the program was very easy to use, practical and very eficient.

Cons:

This is even more frustrating in cases where I've been waiting on hold for a long time, only to be connected, and for the other person to not be able to hear me.

Dialpad ratings

4.4
4.1
4.2
4.2

7.9/10

Dialpad has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 516 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dialpad before?

Jonatan
Jonatan
Supervisor in Colombia
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

An app that you would not stop using!

Comments: Quality, Dialpad talk not only allow us to answer and make calls, but we can use it to track every possible KPI and with that, keeping the quality of the service by auditing each interaction.

Pros:

Dialpad talk has several features but the most amazing one if Voice AI, it allows us to identify the matter of a call and lead us to analyze every interaction.

Cons:

Groups, we would like to have more control about groups of people created within the app, due to the current moment we are living (pandemic) we are more connected than ever, and people love personalizing their groups.

Russell
Russell
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Artificial feature limitations soured my experience with Dialpad

Comments: Once the port issues were resolved it is generally fine and easy to use, although I am disappointed that several basic features are excluded at the price we are paying, which is not exactly cheap compared to competitors. I may switch to a different to gain access to the features that Dialpad refuses to provide without spending more money.

Pros:

Native app is easy to use, and easy integration with Google Contacts makes dialing a snap. All users can dial out VoiceIntelligence transcripts are useful and automatically generated. The accuracy is about 80%, usually good enough to easily tell what was being discussed even if some of the words are transcribed incorrectly.

Cons:

The port experience was a disaster. There was a goof somewhere and this left me without the ability to receive or make phone calls on my business' primary phone number at either Dialpad or at my prior provider (Google Voice) and the support did not make me feel like fixing this was a priority for them, never providing updates. It eventually got fixed. The product has arbitrary and foolish feature limitations that feel unnecessary and petty. I am paying good money for this product and yet cannot access even a basic IVR because I am not an enterprise customer with more than 100 users. An IVR is absolutely basic functionality for a phone service with more than one user. We also cannot set holidays on our service because we need to be in a more expensive plan to do that.

Computer Networking, 201–500 Employees

Calling Success

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Effective, dependable, and easy to use communication tool that improves teamwork and production.

Pros:

Precise transcription of calls in real time

Cons:

Dialpad has nothing that I dislike about it.

Isaac
Isaac
CEO in Canada
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Absurd cancellation process for clunky tech

1.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Terrible. I'd receive random calls in foreign languages in my number with them. Outside of that I stopped using the service quite quickly, but they never honored my cancellation request and took hundreds of dollars from me. Do not use Dialpad.

Pros:

It usually worked, sometimes not as well as I'd like, but it usually worked.

Cons:

Terrible customer support who make you go through their clunky chat app to accomplish anything, and even then do not help you. I requested cancellation (which they force you to do through customer service) and was shocked to find they didn't process it. Upon contacting them and requesting a refund, they claimed to not have a record of the request and refused. Do not bother.

Joshua
Director of Information Systems in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Great product great team

Comments: I love Dialpad and their desire to do business and make and keep us as customers.

Pros:

I love that Dialpad literally worked with my company to get us out of our terrible contract with our previous VoIP and that allowed us to setup and configure a call center. Call center and documentation and auditing is great for giving peace of mind and accountability to our employees and customers.

Cons:

There was literally nothing I disliked about Dialpad. Dialpad is a great system and great for the price.

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Effective and helpful VOIP system with some quirks

Comments: I am pleased but want more reliability.

Pros:

This VOIP platform continues to grow better and offer more features and allows me to access my calls and clients on my cell phone and computer.

Cons:

It was having issues on older Android phone and would switch to my personal voicemail. Also I was given 2 numbers and can't seem to control which one I send texts to customers always.

Mike
Staffing Lead in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

Love Dialpad and will never turn back!

Pros:

I love the simplicity and ease of use that makes using Dialpad easier than using a normal landline office phone. It is easy to move throughout the app and explore all the features, and you can seamlessly move your calls throughout your office/organization with no hassle or extra steps. Whether you are using it for yourself or as an office/company phone system it is an effective tool that makes the crucial communication flawless and simple. 10/10 recommend

Cons:

I don't have anything bad to say about dialpad, except maybe adding a software that allows you to sent mass texts in a non-group text setting. Which to be fair, I am sure they probably have it and I just do not know how to use it though.

Founder in US
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

Dialpad - good and getting better

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Ok. Relible service. I just don't update or use some features because they are hard to figure out.

Pros:

price at first. Now it is a bit more expensive. I liked the voicemail transcription.

Cons:

It is not very intuitive to set up voice mail and call routing and other features.

Shane
Owner in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, Self Employed

Small Local Service Business

Comments: I am very happy with Dialpad and highly recommend.

Pros:

I like the mobile app, it's UI, and ability to use on multiple devices.

Cons:

Sometimes the app can be a little buggy but overall, I don't have many issues.

Enrico
Customer Service Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

My Experience With Dialpad

4.0 last week New

Pros:

With Dialpad, managing business calls has been easy thanks to features such as call recording, call tracking and VoIP. The business phone system features are very capable and using this tool is easy It also comes with sales enablement features.

Cons:

It has so many helpful features and so far Dialpad hasn't posed major challenges.

Garrett
Garrett
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11–50 Employees

They will hold you hostage.

Pros:

Be very cautious when entering into an agreement with Dialpad. Dialpad has a great product. However, they will hold you hostage should you want to make any changes to your account. We have doubled the number of users but our price has gone up more than 10x what we were originally paying in 2020. They are charging us for things we don't want, don't need. They keep telling us they will downgrade and then they don't. They literally will not respond to you for months. We have been going back and forth for 9 months on this.

Cons:

Ethics. The people on our account have been not wonderfully helpful.

Media Production, 2–10 Employees

The most advanced and affordable option out there

Comments: I love Dialpad. We started with Google Voice back in the day, but abandoned it because it wasn't a flexible office phone solution. Then we jumped into Switch.co because it promised a lot that Google Voice lacked. It wasn't quite right for us yet so we went away from that too. I also tried other solutions along the way. After a few years, Switch.co matured and was rebranded into Dialpad. Since that maturation we've been all in! The new iteration of the platform had the simplicity we needed while at the same time bringing the tech we desired. The audio delay on this voip service is non-noticeable. Let me repeat that, the audio delay is non-noticeable. We've tried a lot of VOIP systems and that is my biggest complaint. Dialpad delivers on the quality of the audio and the non-noticeable delay. When we've had issues or questions, customer service was on it in a suprisingly short amount of time. On top of that, they always resolved our issues/questions in a satisfactory way. This is a great product, but moreso I think they're a great company.

Pros:

1) Works on ios/android, computer, and desktop phone. It works well on all the devices I use. 2) You can transfer calls between devices. 3) Each month it gets increasingly better with regular software updates. 4) Simple management of our team phone numbers and departments. 5) It allows for better general office number handling.

Cons:

1) When switching from wifi to cellular LTE the call often drops or has issues for a bit (ie. leaving the office, with HD calling enabled) 2) Not great conference integration. I'd rather see a great video chat solution that integrates smoothly, than halfway-there uberconference integration. The pricing is silly w/ uberconference, every one of my lines doesn't need their own uberconference, we really only need 1 or 2 lines.

CTO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Dialpad is a perfect solution for any business

Comments: We subscribed to Dialpad when we moved office suites. And it immediately became a very productive tool. I
had to travel for business and the mobility was very useful. I had all my call history, my notes, all at my fingertips. And when I received a call in the office, and it was too loud, I simply clicked on my cell and continued the conversation while walk. And the biggest advantage to productivity came when Covid-19 hit, because all the staff are working from home, still using the same numbers, the same process and the same way as if we are in the office. The common INBOX makes everyone aware of everyone else's communications, and the private phone numbers keep sensitive work separate. It has kept us going in these difficult times. And the one thing I really like the most? I can be anywhere in Europe and my NYC number will ring when someone calls.

Pros:

What we like most about this product is that it is intuitive and versatile. We ported out two business numbers, and we also received each our own cell number which is great to use for business. We can use it on the road, at the office and while traveling, so its perfect, we never miss a call. And by setting up groups we can put one phone on "do not disturb" and still have others answer, plus we can roll over to our personal phones. We have it running in our workstations and smartphones and it is so easy to answer in one and continue the conversation, seamlessly, in another simply by clicking a button. I usually answer through my laptop and if I need to walk away, I can simply just switch to my mobile in real-time. And I can text while I am speaking to a person, multi-task, or simply click a number and dial through it and then make a note on the screen. It remembers everything we do! This system's sound is crystal clear and it simplified our business. The support is also worth noting, they respond quickly and have resolved every single inquiry successfully and efficiently.

Cons:

I think some of the options should be included in every solution, for example, the dictionary. Other than that I cannot find anything I dislike.

Tracy
Program manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Dialpad is a must have for virtual workers

Comments: We have been using dialpad for 3+ years. We like the service. Its reliable and implementation is always a quick process. I like that we can monitor our team in real time and record calls when needed. We dont have many issues with the service but when we do, they try to help fix the problem. They may not always be successful with issues but do try to accommodate customer service requests.

Pros:

We use dialpad for our marketing team. They are all virtual and need a reliable service.

Cons:

The customer service can be iffy. They are able to solve simple issues but are harder to deal with on issues that need escalation.

Jason
Jason
Everlasting Experience Designer in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Designed for BIG, but no SMALL business should be without it...

Comments: Overall, I've been a Dialpad user since before they were Dialpad (called Switch back then). Like any business that's growing, some things had to get cherry picked down, like direct phone support for smaller users. The forums are a good place to start, and most of my email support tickets have been resolved in timely manners -- including porting of numbers -- but not being able to pick up the phone and call support is a little worrisome. Still, the service is usually rock solid and integrates well across my four computer and three iOS devices. It is a true virtual phone system that sounds fantastic and crushes the competition. If they could integrate with a spam call service like Hiya, then I think it would be everyone's go to for small and medium business, for sure.

Pros:

I'm pretty much a one man show, but I offer three different lines of services. I also have a cell phone number that goes back to 1998, so I like to keep it private from the business world. Dialpad allows me to separate all three service lines into their own department, with their own phone numbers and/or extensions, while keeping my personal cell number 100% private.

Cons:

Some features offered on Android are not on iOS and vice versa. One of the biggest grips I have is that the pings for text messages to mainline and department lines don't present a notification on the iPhone. This can prove troublesome in an emergency, as I only see them when I open up the app and the department icon shows it.

Neha
Tax Consultant in India
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees

Good app for small business but a little glitch for large ones

Pros:

It needs simple installation via chrome apps store with simple Google or Microsoft authentication. It will start working in couple of minutes. One can easily accept and move calls between my PC and mobile app seamlessly without any interruption. Audio quality is up to mark. It's easy to add contact, it email us as soon as we have a voice mail. Easy to answer when the clients call. Dial pad app seamlessly integrates with Chrome and Gmail, linking all contact data. It doubles as an instant messaging platform for quick messages sent between colleagues when an email would be unnecessary and cumbersome. Because it keeps everything in one place and tracks a lot of call data like date, time, length of call, who answered it, what call group it rang to, call transfers which it makes finding, tracking and reviewing information easier.

Cons:

There are no emoticons, which makes it less competitive than Skype. There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dial pad number. Also when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming inn which makes the software impartial.

Shade
country product manager in Colombia
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

best service for telemarketing

Comments: it's the best choice for home offce and works great with large teams

Pros:

this software is very easy to use and also allows the user to have access everywhere they are with their laptop or PC unlike other apps that can only be used in the office, so it was a great prek during the pandemic time with home office

Cons:

download and the process to run the software was very slow, but the contcat ceter replied very fast and helped us make the transition easy

DYLAN
Account Executive in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

The amount of times I hear "Dialpad is so bad" in a week

Comments: I hate it more than any other product I have ever used. There are at least another dozen people I work with that feel the same way. How is it possible that the phone was invented in 1876 and in 2019, I have about a 50% chance of my call failing.

Pros:

I really don't know if I have anything positive to say about Dialpad. I've used the product for a long time and I'm blown away that my organization still uses this product. Maybe it's inexpensive?

Cons:

Ok here's my list: - The application is always getting confused between your salesforce plugin and desktop application - The Salesforce app is unreliable - The desktop app is unreliable - When I hit dial there is like a 30% chance I won't get audio in my headset even though the call is clearly happening - If I unplug my computer from my headset and plug it back in without closing the reopening the application it will likely not work - If you want to frustrate your sales org.... buy Dialpad - people call me and it's hard to even tell that you got a missed call or a VM - The contact info doesn't show-up even if the contact is listed in SalesForce

Dan
CTO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Executed a Licensing Agreement then Immediately Broke Contract

Pros:

The general idea behind the software is good.

Cons:

We have been using dialpad for around a year now. The software itself is clunky but generally gets the job done, albeit after significant time tweaking everything. We have four desk phones that mostly work, but most features you would expect in a desk phone don't work with Dialpad. What really makes the software unusable is the support behind it. We applied to their latest "startup" offering and got accepted. After a week of back and forth, their general counsel wrote up our license agreement, and we both signed. The day after the contract was executed we got a random email saying they would not honor it and that the multiple employees who dealt with us were not properly trained to extend such an offer. We complained that we already had a contract signed by their general counsel, but they don't seem to care. Our costs will be around $350 more a month than under the contract they are breaking. Now we are in the process of moving to a different provider after having spent many hours configuring everything to their system. Worse, the IP phones Dialpad supports don't seem to be easily configurable to other similar companies. I would recommend against Dialpad. The software is a great idea with terrible implementation and misleading 'support'.

Accounting Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Contact and call management system

Comments: I am still using it to make and track calls, so it'sokay for me.

Pros:

Dialpad is a contact and call management system. You have all the customers information like call history management.

Cons:

it's sometime difficult to establish the calls.

Carlos
Owner in US
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

Asegura's review

Comments: benefit is I can use anywhere

Pros:

I like the price, the extras it inludes and the quick chat response

Cons:

Setting up the desk phones i a nightmare, and also the fact that each line has to be linked to an email is hard to manage sometimes especially when you have employees that sometimes are in different offices. I would prefer the line be standalone, not linked to an individual per say

Tommy
Cost Engineer in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Dialpad: Extra Effort Required

Comments: My company is using Dialpad to save on costs.

Pros:

It does work; I can make and receive phone calls.

Cons:

I found the desktop computer interface difficult to use. I just couldn't get used to all the steps involved with answering the phone in the time before it went to voicemail. My co-worker has the optional desk phone, which I think would be a better solution for me. I don't use the phone often in my work (3-4 calls per week), so it's not necessary for me to have the earpiece on all day. This means that when the phone starts to ring, I have to find the earpiece, turn it on, put it in my ear, then take the cursor off whatever I'm currently doing on the computer, find the icon on the computer screen and click on it to answer the call. If I happen to be in the middle of editing a cell in an Excel spreadsheet, this clicking away leads to making errors or not being able to figure out where I was or what I was doing. I'm sure younger folks are used to such interruptions, but I find it annoying to not be able to just pick up the phone and talk. Similarly, it takes two buttons pressed to make a call, and I can't be sure that the phone number I'm calling is correct, since the number on the Dialpad display is some random number that has nothing to do with the call I am trying to make. It also incurs a bit of delay when connecting which is just long enough to be annoying. Another thing is that the person I'm calling doesn't know it's me, since the phone number that they see is not even from the same island I am on. Calls to Guam do not go through on Dialpad.

Sheena
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

worst app and customer support ever

Comments: Dialpad is greedy- they want to take all of your money and offer no support. The app is constantly glitching. Every. Single. Time. I answer a call on the app on my phone, it hangs up on the client. Amazing how whatsapp and facebook and instagram doesn’t have this issue. Yet here I am paying $100/month (more than my own Verizon cell service) just to look completely unprofessional to my clients. On top of that, they make it impossible to reach them by phone. They require you to chat with them first. Even though my employees have been recording their own calls for the past 6 months, I can’t listen to them. They made me upgrade my account in order to automatically record calls and listen, but guess what? It won’t actually record your calls even if you click the the option in advanced settings because you have to figure out how to reach them for them to turn it on. They have completely wasted my money and time and caused me so much stress. I can’t wait to switch to another company.

Pros:

nothing - i liked the idea of dialpad, but did not work for my company because of all the glitches

Eric
Mgr, IT in US
Paper & Forest Products, 201–500 Employees

Happy customer

Comments: We are a forestry company, and most of our workforce is mobile, out in the woods caring for the trees. That we can have one number that will reach them no matter where they are is HUGE for us. The fact that their techs can troubleshoot call issues and fix them (or tell us what we need to do) is also great. Dialpad also can be administered by anyone with a half hour of training or less, so we don't need a dedicated phone tech anymore.

Pros:

The flexibility and features are night-and-day better than the phone system we replaced. Ability to have phone calls to the office phone ring on our mobiles when not in the office is a favorite, as is ability to block calls from unwanted numbers. We love being able to start a call on one device and in one click move it to another -- like taking a conference call on the desk phone, and when it runs over schedule, move it to my cell phone so I can walk away but stay on the call.

Cons:

Porting numbers from out old phone system was the only trouble we had, and that's not really Dialpad's issue.

MARIA
HR MANAGER in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Best decision ever!

Comments: The main issue we were trying to solve was providing a software for our remote employees to use. Because this software can be used ANYWHERE it solved our problem right away.

Pros:

The interface is so easy to use and can be used anywhere. You don't need the traditional Voip system you can download an app to your desktop or mobile device and use Dialpad that way. It has saved us a lot of money because we don't have to purchase expensive desk phone and instead provide quality headphones that really make the experience so much much better. The software itself is very user friendly and integrates with Zendesk which makes tickets so easy to organize. All in all, best decision for our company.

Cons:

There's not a lot but if I had to pick one thing it's that they don't support 1800 numbers. Not a deal breaker for us.