About Commusoft

All-in-one web-based maintenance business software for the trades industry, suitable for small and large companies.

Learn more about Commusoft

Pros:

The product is easy to use and was integrated into the business very smoothly.

Cons:

No real issues can be a bit slow but more likely our internet speeds.

Commusoft ratings

4.8

9.3/10

Commusoft has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 182 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Commusoft before?

Rob
Utilities, 11-50 Employees

I would not hesitate to recommend the software and support team at Commusoft.

Comments: The availability of Commusoft allows us a competitive edge as a 24/7 service provider, and ensures we remain at the forefront of advances in information technology.

Pros:

Following the introduction of Commusoft into my business in 2011, Commusoft desktop and mobile platforms have allowed us to tailor their software to our specific requirements, with the ability to customise data and KPI reports and retain them to suit our business needs. Prior to the integration of Commusoft, we used hard copy documents, accounting and certification packages to manage the business. Post 2011, Commusoft now handles this virtually paperless, with total transparency for all users. The management of jobs for employees and sub-contractors is simplified from the point of initial customer enquiry, through to work completion and live invoicing whilst our engineers are still on site. Existing customer service reminders are also a benefit, including the availability of customer details, appliance data, work history, photo images, etc. which saves time by allowing our engineers and administrators live shared work updates. Live engineer status when en route to customers’ homes via vehicle fleet tracking, which customers can view through their smart phones when our engineer accepts their specific job. This is beneficial to both parties as customers are not needlessly waiting at home for our arrival, ensures our engineers are not waiting to gain access, and assists safeguarding with engineer name, photo ID, and industry certification detail availability prior to their arrival. The routine upload of live site images also aids the resolution of possible discrepancies.

Cons:

Nothing that hasn’t been quickly remedied through the live assistance of the Commusoft support team.

Director/Engineer in UK
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Wow!!! This is not a software update this is a supercharge of an already great system.

Comments: I hate writing reviews but would have felt guilty not to give credit where due with Commusoft. The team at Commusoft and their level of service have have always been top notch! You ask - they help. Commusoft have listened to us and have developed this software accordingly to what we need - and more.
My transition to V4 was seamless and very well structured from the trial, right through to the installation and follow up support. The tutorials and online help are comprehensive.
Throughout my dealings with Commusoft, I have always felt like a valued customer and not another "number" talking to someone on the phone who doesn't care and can't wait to get you off the phone and close off the job you have asked them to help with. That make a difference and hope that will not change with the inevitable continued success of their product!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Pros:

It's a fantastic piece of software that makes all aspects of running of my business so easy. I have used Commusoft for 6 years now and this latest version is even more powerful than i ever expected. Other than the improved interface on both desktop and mobile platforms the flexibility to shape this software to your own business needs is great. I particularly like the reporting function where any data reports you may want are available for you to customise and save for future use as your "own" reports. Its hard to imagine how I coped without this software using separate spreadsheets, documents, accounting and certification packages to run my business when Commusoft does it all and make it so easy. The management of jobs for yourself and employees is so easy from the initial enquiry to completion and invoicing. Maintaining your existing business with service reminders is great and the ability to have your customer details and appliance data, work history etc at your fingertips is also great, saving time and offering your customer that "personal feeling" I can talk forever about this software but won't bore you but lastly the other feature I really will benefit from on this new version is the previously monotonous task of contacting Tenants for access!! This is made so simple in Commusoft.

Cons:

I've run out of space so as there are no negatives Ill continue with the Pros: I will be adding the vehicle tracking feature to offer my customers the flexibility to see where we are in relation to their property so they can "pop out to the shop" knowing they will not risk missing us. More of a PR thing in my case I suppose but also great for slotting in an emergency job for engineers in the same area. Maybe bringing our industry "up to date" In summary Commusoft is my best friend and can't imagine running my Plumbing and Heating business without it!!

Selena

Amazing

Comments: Brilliant, love it

Pros:

Very easy to use, store all the info a business like ours could need, integrates with Xero and Stripe which save us lots of time, no need for any paperwork, could not live without it.

Cons:

Only minor annoyances.... Doesn't seem to work well on mac (home computer) not sure if this is my computer though or if I'm doing something wrong but it has lots of buttons missing and only half a screen etc... the engineers complain about the app sometimes, the diary being on the complete wrong day, I have noticed its a lot better since it has been updated. It takes 4 clicks to print 1 invoice! You cant amend service sheets from the office, I understand why but its very annoying when they have done one mistake like not clicked rented. You cant see feedback on the diary when you hover over each job, you have to type in every job number into another tab as when you click view job from the diary you loose your dairy day so have to keep going clicking back to the diary, please let us see feedback from the diary when you hover over the event. This is one of my biggest hates about commusoft, when you open the side bar eg view diary event from the job page, if you want to close that side panel this comes up, and you have to click this to close it, really hate this. Are you sure you want to close side panel? Yes No, it would be so much better it you could just click off it like you can when you open a service cert, you can view it then click the main page and it just closes (emails do it as well, really annoying)

Angela
Administrator in UK
Utilities, 2-10 Employees

An incredible learning experience the whole process has been conducted efficiently and smoothly.

Comments: The most important benefit is being able to relieve the Director of all the admin tasks that he has been doing up until this point. To streamline the whole procedure from taking the initial call to the job being completed and invoiced. Having all the revelvent information for every customer in one easy to access package will prove to be invaluable in the future. Information being available to all engineers quickly and easily. Completing everything in a professional and efficient manner. To be able to develop and grow the business with a more productive system in place.

Pros:

The versatility of the software is incredible, it covers every aspect of what we need as a business to enable us to evolve and develop. The Xero integration is very impressive and has made the process of invoicing and payments very straightforward, even linking the customers was actually really easy. The system is overall very easy to use with help every step of the way with the help manager I usually find what I need to assist me. Having everything in one place will be very beneficial and as I progress with the system it will enable the business to achieve its full potential. The reason I wanted this software was to take as much of the admin work from the Director so that he can focus more on the job and development of the company, which this system I believe will help us achieve. I am not experienced in software packages as such, however, this software has really impressed with how easy it has been for me to grasp the basics. I am sure in time we will wonder how we ever coped without it. Everything is easily accessible and the layout and format very easy to use and pleasing to the eye. We have had a lot more estimates accepted since using the software as it gives the customers confidence in us due to the way everything is now presented to them via Commusoft. The reporting is a very useful and easy to use function, which is one of my favourite aspects of the software. Overall I am very impressed with the software and very happy I decided to go with Commusoft.

Cons:

Its hard to say what I like least about the software at the moment as I havent personally come across anything negative at this point.

EJ
Technical Manager in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees

Excellent diary software

Comments: Overall we are really impressed with both the diary software and customer support which is fantastic, we have had to call a few times where we did not understand somtheing and the issue was explained right away and the problem solved.

Pros:

We really like the option for our engineers to note the locations of the boiler, gas meter, and stopcock, this information is vital to us as we have a lot of repeat business for estate agents and often the tenants are not home and knowing the location of the boiler and gas meter really saves time for the next engineer who may not have attended the property the previous year.

Cons:

One of the things we least like about using the software is the issues we sometimes have when one of our engineers says the job is complete when in fact the job has been scheduled for consecutive days which means you have to completely add a new job as you cannot add a new event on the same job. This, of course, is a user error, where the engineer has clearly misunderstood the question, the engineer does mean to say he has completed the works for that day. I think it would be great if this error could be undone without having to add a new job.

Commusoft Response

4 years ago

Hi EJ, Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it and we're glad to hear that Commusoft is saving your team time. With regards to engineers accidentally completing jobs - we understand that will happen from time to time, so we actually do have a way to undo it and un-complete the job. Our client services team will send you more information on that! :) Thanks!

Construction, 2-10 Employees

The best CRM for plumbing and heating engineers

Comments: I have used Commusoft for 8 years. Very few problems. Their support ticket system works very well. Our customers are impressed with the detailed job reports, record keeping, invoices, service reminders and automated communications. I am not the most organised person so without this I would be lost. We have records of every visit, quote, invoice and part fitted for every customer over the last 8 years. It takes time to use but it’s worth it.

Pros:

Detail of record keeping such as appliance, stop cock and gas meter location. Integrates with Xero very well for invoices, debtors etc. Detailed reporting for sales, profit and engineer performance. Sending service reminders and booking confirmations by SMS or email. Let’s customer know when the engineer is on their way. Uploading images and files to the job. Adding and saving parts to the job. Digital safety certificates, service/commissioning records, job reports, invoices and statements. Engineer job questions when they arrive or leave. For example “what parts did you use, have you put a sticker on the boiler”.

Cons:

It is not the quickest to use but it is continually improved so I am sure they will make it more efficient to use.

Marcus
Heating engineer in UK
Construction, Self Employed

Great software but if you leave your stuffed

Comments: Very helpful at the start but if you leave then not interested. Would never put all my customer information to another IT company without doing my own customer database. Thanks for nothing Commusoft!!!

Pros:

The software has lots of great features and once you have got used to the menus and features and can improve productivity. As a small business with 1 employee passing and updating the engineers jobs was good and planning the jobs ahead was great. I had QuickBooks linked to the Commusoft

Cons:

Unfortunately when the Commusoft was linked to my QuickBooks it somehow doubled every customer in QuickBooks, Commusoft rectified but I still have a load of deleted customers even now. Also response to software issues was slow if your not on the premium service plan. As a small business I unfortunately lost my engineer and was operating as a sole trader but Commusoft would not reduce the charge for one user and so had to pay for 2 users. Upon deciding this wasn’t cost effective we left Commusoft and all databases deleted and some data files sent to us in computer data but no real information on customers that was stored with Commusoft. I have lost thousands on missed gas Certs since leaving. No help at all to find data on clients.

Simon

Exquisite

Comments: Since incorporating Commusoft in to our business in 2012, the software has assisted us greatly in developing and growing as a business. They are constantly working on new updates and developments to improve the software and add new features and if you do have any issues along the way, they are always on hand to assist you with client support.

Pros:

It covers almost everything we need from the diary, invoicing, estimating and key reporting.

Cons:

Integration (transfer of date) with Sage can be problematic. It wasn't always problematic but has been more recently.

Alternatives Considered: Joblogic and Gas Engineer Software

Reasons for Switching to Commusoft: Those I spoke with and the software itself which I preferred at the time (2012).

KERRY
Administrator in UK

Commusoft Feedback

Comments: We have had a brilliant experience with Commusoft and all the staff we have come in contact with. In particular, our trainer was exceptional. Very patient and thorough when explaining processes. Nothing was too much trouble and queries were responded to promptly and in detail. The only comment we have about training is that it would have perhaps of been useful to split the training sessions to have some before we went live with the new system and then the remainder post live to go over the finer details etc.

Pros:

The automated functions within the system such as service reminders and, feedback notifying customers and engineers of bookings. Having the ability to build and brand templates so we are more effective with resource and helps to reduce error giving a more professional image. The reports and costing functions are extremely useful and again will save on resource and enable us to focus our business more.

Cons:

It would be useful to preview emails (e.g. service reminders) before they are sent. There have been a few items we have raised that would improve the functionality but these have been taken on board and being considered for future development.

Georgina
Office Manager in UK
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Fantastic Software! Amazing Support!

Comments: Our experience with Commusoft has been first class in all aspects including the informative and comprehensive documents provided to help with the migration to the new version and the brilliant software. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Commusoft to anyone looking for a fantastic, easy to use system with plenty of functionality!

Pros:

We have recently upgraded to the most recent version of Commusoft and absolutely love it! The software is very user friendly for both office staff and engineers. There is a lot more functionality within the new version which makes everything much easier and quicker. We were a bit apprehensive about making the leap to the new version however the support we have received in both the pre and post migration calls and the training calls has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have wished for more!

Cons:

There is nothing about the new version of commusoft that we don't like and we can't wait to keep discovering all the new features and learning how to get the best from the software (all of which is provided by the amazing support team).

Harry
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Review from a plumbing company

Comments: Excellent, Once it’s all set up which does take a little time it makes us so efficient.

Pros:

Love this software, we upgraded to commusoft from cheaper alternatives and will stick with commusoft. All engineers love the app, Far easier for everyone to use. Can store photos/videos/certificates on each job. Estimating/invoicing great too. Also great integration with accounting software

Cons:

Only thing I would love is a refresh button on the app, as there can be a slight lag sometimes.

Keith
MD in UK

Great Product

Comments: We've been using Commusoft for a number of years now and have also found the team to be very helpful and knowledgeable.
The system is great, it helps reduce admin time and keeps the job statuses up to date.

Pros:

It's portable so you can see what's going on from anywhere with internet. You can capture a lot of information about jobs. Ease of use when booking jobs

Cons:

We sometimes find the job locations on the map are way out and as we work a lot in the countryside the mobiles don't always sync straight away.

Sue
Service Coordinator in UK

Commusoft for Minor Works

Comments: Overall I find Commusoft pretty user friendly, but then I have been using it for four years and like anything, the more you use it the easier it becomes.

Pros:

Once you know how to use it Commusoft is easy to work with on a daily basis and quite intuitive I don't think we could run the Minor Works department without this software - the job histories and the notes section have been invaluable. The engineers generally have no problem using the mobile software Commusoft are very open to suggestions for improving any areas/features that don't work for your business if they can and they are very quick to respond to any queries either by e-mail or on the phone

Cons:

I miss being able to merge properties, as you could on the old Commusoft - sometimes a tenant gets set up as a customer instead of a work address under the estate agent - so being able to merge was useful for correcting this. On some of the reports you can open the job from the report but then on some others you can't

Karen
Company Director in UK

Job Management Software

Comments: Saves us time which obviously saves money Customer communication with regard to jobs/diaries is more up to date Easy to use app Great training

Pros:

After extensive research into various job management software we found that a lot of software which looked good on the surface was actually only good for basic functions and once you started looking more in depth it became clear that they were built for smaller business with only a couple of staff. Commusoft was very different, yes it looks good on the surface and does the basic functions BUT more importantly it also has much more in depth and comprehensive performance in the background. It enables diaries to be updated easily and quickly with full details, it enables text/email messages to both engineers and customers. The customer intergrations from Xero worked smoothly and the link works well. We now also use it for tracking vehicles and it has saved us money from the seperate tracking software we used to use. With any software there are also things that we would like improved and any comments and improvements suggested are email in and the staff behind the scenes as such seem to welcome these and put them in the mix for potential updates in the future.

Cons:

The next package up is more expensive BUT does allow for auto input of suppliers invoices, we would like an option of having this available for office staff without increasing the monthly price for engineers who only have app access and engineer capabilities on the app so never use some of the brilliant features of the software.

Karl
Office Mananger in UK
Utilities, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Service, Fantastic System.

Comments: My overall experience with Commusoft has been very positive, the pre-migration call and post-migration call where very easy going and enjoyable, and I must admit, I was quite concerned it would be awkward, not at all, the reps are very supportive, understanding and patient, and put you at ease. Any concerns are quickly dealt with in a clear and easy to understand way.

Pros:

The leap from version 3 - 4 was night and day, but it didn't take a whole lot to learn the new system as it still felt familiar, but significantly more polished. The customisation options and the settings in the new software are it's biggest selling point compared to the old one. I remember initially speaking to one of the reps and them saying, in the old system we are only using 5% of what Commusoft is capable of and thinking... well if there are more features... they are not readily available or are very hard to find. This is not the case in V4.

Cons:

I would struggle to find anything I really dislike, If anything I would like to be able to get an event booked into the diary before putting in the information of the job, as it keeps the customers hanging on, but I am still learning the system and so there might be a way I can actually do that, which I have not yet found, it's still early days.

Daniel
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Could not live without it now.

Comments: After using other programs and services for a long while and finding that there were mistakes and errors causing many man hours wasted this was a breath of fresh air. Once you have set this up and used it for the first year it begins to make you money. Services that you would have once missed or jobs that you mislaid are a thing of the past. The system takes a little to get used to but the support is very good and fast to respond. There are a few features that could improve it further but it is tailor made for the industry so has great features already. Overall a fantastic piece of software which is currently undergoing an overhaul to improve it further. Would highly recommend for a single man to a large company.

Pros:

Ease of use Features Service reminders Job information is easy to find Saves a lot of man hours.

Cons:

Maybe a simpler to use mobile app - also some sort of small safety check form when signing off jobs The system can be a bit slow from time to time but nothing serious.

Owner in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees

Commusoft review

Comments: We really like it. We couldn't be without it now.

Pros:

We have been using Commusoft (paperless plan) for over 4 years now and we could not work without it I like the fact that it can easily scale with our business and the ongoing feature releases and development shows how much is reinvested into making it great, and they're all included!

Cons:

Not a downside but feature updates are quite frequent and sometimes it's difficult to keep on top of the new releases..Set aside a couple of hours a month to review what's the new features are have and how they can improve yours and the customers experience. Like sharpening the saw really.

Suzanne
Office Manager in UK

Excellent Customer Management Tool

Pros:

Although Commusoft has been used by our company for a few years, I have only used it in the last 4 months. I find the software very intuitive. If I struggle to find out if something can or can't be done my first point of contact is the help section. This is great as you often come across things that you hadn't thought about yet and implement to improve / streamline your company's processes. If the help section doesn't give me what I need the Commusoft team are only ever an email away. Their response times are usually within a couple of hours. If you have a bespoke request they are more than happy to work with you to implement this. Would highly recommend this package to anyone in this line of business.

Cons:

I haven't worked with it long enough to come across anything I don't like about the software yet.

Rebecca
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Commusoft has revolutionise the way we work

Comments: Reduced admin time with diary management and invoicing

Pros:

We've been using Commusoft since December 2019 and with 6 engineers out on different jobs it has streamlined office time spent in diary management and invoicing not to mention the history building on each property of all the jobs carried out and appliances in situ. No more handwritten and lost certificates everything is all stored in one place. It integrates really well with Xero accounting system. The training and set up support made the transition at our busiest time of year really easy. It's well work every penny we pay for it.

Cons:

Some parts require too many click steps to carry a task - i.e. sending an invoice

Alternatives Considered: simPRO

Reasons for Switching to Commusoft: Recommendations from others

Paul
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees

Great software product

Comments: Being a small business we ran with manual records before finding Commusoft. It's become an essential time saving customer management tool.

Pros:

The software is user friendly . It makes managing the process from enquiry to invoice and payment very easy. It helps us provide great customer service which is really important. Reporting features help with general business management. There are areas of the software that we aren't using fully and are looking forward to getting these set up to further support our business. The support team are quick to review and help us resolve any problems, despite being by email only. Other companies could take a leaf out of their book.

Cons:

Can't see any cons with the software or support. Slightly frustrating to run out of space, but that is being resolved.

Raj
Director in UK

Commusoft helped us save time spent doing admin work, helped us manage our customers better.

Pros:

Working with Commusoft has been a great experience from the start. The training has been fantastic and made sure we knew what we were doing. When they upgraded us to their new system although it was very different they made sure we were trained again on all the changes. The new version is a massive upgrade, so we are very happy with that. We use most of the features everyday - setting up customers, sending service reminders, invoicing and filling in certs. We just started using the MailChimp integration which means we can send marketing emails to all our customers, which is really improving our customer service

Cons:

There is so many features that it can be a bit overwhelming, but having the support available an email away means we can always get help.

Giovanni
Construction, 2-10 Employees

MAKES MY WORLD GO ROUND!...

Pros:

Everything is intuitive, comprehensive and well thought out! There are 'hint' bubbles that take you through various processes and little tools that make sure you get the absolute maximum from the software and ultimately, your team! I will never consider another software company again!

Cons:

I am really quite good with computers and software, and felt that I would get a lot from going through the star-up/set-up phase myself. It is mandatory to pay for the training, and this cost is incurred again if you upgrade the package etc.. But, I can completely see why they do insist, it's to ensure you get 110% form their kit ;)

Amy
Admin Assistant in UK

G Jassal Review

Comments: We love working with Commusoft! The staff are amazing and provide great support for anything big or small that you need help with.
The system is incredibly easy to use and there is a great knowledge database for anything you need.

Pros:

As a small team Commusoft makes it easier for us to communicate between users and engineers. We love the ease of the system and how there is a knowledge database to answer any questions. The staff are always lovely and provide excellent service with any questions we have.

Cons:

We provide quotations for our clients and would love to have the feature of a dropdown for additional options with our estimate templates, as at the moment we are copying and pasting the information.

Adam
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees

Commusoft is great

Comments: In my opinion, this specific product is good user friendly. you do have to take time and invest in trying to understand the methods and process is that already exists within the software and have a clear understanding with regards to how you would like the software to operate with those two things in mind you can approach their customer support team that can talk you through implementations.

Pros:

What I liked was the ability to be able to repurpose already set up systems that can be utilised in my specific way for my business.

Cons:

As with all software, there are some limitations that exist within the software I have also used to competitors software over the years and I have found commusoft to be the best value for money and the better product

Dalveer
Director in UK

The latest version of Commusoft has given my business and working day a breath of fresh air

Comments: I can run my business and be a gas engineer and electrician all from one place and enjoy doing it.

Pros:

The ease of use, the functionality and endless updates with great support. I picked Commusoft in 2014, using the older version was good, but I was looking forward to an update and when I was up and running, my work become exciting again, I am able to manage the admin side of my business so much better and I feel more in control. I would not look anywhere else as I have everything I need to be an electrician and gas engineer and run a business at the same time thanks to Commusoft.

Cons:

I can't think of anything from the top of my head, the software and support so far has been great.