15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Commusoft

From initial inquiry to job completion Commusoft’s all-in-one system has everything you need to offer a world-class customer experience

Learn more about Commusoft

Pros:

The product is easy to use and was integrated into the business very smoothly.

Cons:

No real issues can be a bit slow but more likely our internet speeds.

Commusoft ratings

4.8

9.2/10

Commusoft has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 193 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Commusoft before?

Phil
Phil
Director in UK

Reliable, advanced, bespoke software that I genuinely couldn't run my business without.

Pros:

Apart for the ability to seamlessly control every aspect of my business, from the initial customer inquiry all the through to invoicing, it's the customer support and wide range of industry-specific knowledge which the Commusoft team delivers that sets them apart from the competition. I really don't know how I managed before using Commusoft. Commusoft is constantly evolving and updating. Whenever I think of a function I would like to see available it's usually already been thought of and in the process of happening.

Simon
Managing Director in UK
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Exquisite

Comments: Since incorporating Commusoft in to our business in 2012, the software has assisted us greatly in developing and growing as a business. They are constantly working on new updates and developments to improve the software and add new features and if you do have any issues along the way, they are always on hand to assist you with client support.

Pros:

It covers almost everything we need from the diary, invoicing, estimating and key reporting.

Cons:

Integration (transfer of date) with Sage can be problematic. It wasn't always problematic but has been more recently.

Christopher
heating engineer in UK
Building Materials, 2–10 Employees

very good software for our heating buisness

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It takes the stress out of managing invoices, diary maintaince, job scheduling and is really easy to use. it allows us to create customer profiles and have all the work carried out at hand easily to monitor over the years

Cons:

sometimes it does not always link to our accountancy software- we have to manually rest it

Martin
Heating engineer, Director in UK
, 2–10 Employees

Experience with commusoft

Comments: When you first start you should be given more one to one help, then mistakes wouldn't happen.
Bit disappointed with the diary and other features, cant understand why I've not been set up on the new system yet which looks a lot better.
Seem to be having lots of problems with the two systems together quick books and commusoft.

Pros:

Customer data base, quick to find out what you have done at a property,

Cons:

need more training on how to use the software, now ive been using it a while, I'm sure there is plenty of bits I'm not using that I could be using

Commusoft Response

7 years ago

Hi Martin, we appreciate users have different roles/skills within a business, so we provide users access to our knowledge base which contains videos/guides about how to use the system. We have training programmes for 1-2-1 training, walking clients through the system and provide consultation on how to adhere to best practises when using the system. Let me know if you want more details. I've checked with the technical team regarding QB and cannot see open tickets with you on this, please email [email protected] who will be happy to help. As much as we would love to have all our clients on the new version, the process is not a simple software upgrade and much more like moving from one software to another. This means the process is longer and more complex. We¿ve already started migrating clients as part of the beta program so we can make sure we are ticking all the boxes as your data is important to us, as it is to you.

Jamie
Office Administrator in UK

Great, All-In-One Package!

Comments: Very positive, they've always responded to our questions and issues in a timely manner. We'll be using the software for the foreseeable future.

Pros:

The fact that everything is included in one place is a massive pro, from the initial customer enquiry, to the quote, then the job, then the invoice! It means everything can be tracked very easily, which in turn means tracking KPIs is a breeze.

Cons:

There aren't many cons, one thing that would be nice is for additional works to contain a parts list.

Harry
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Review from a plumbing company

Comments: Excellent, Once it’s all set up which does take a little time it makes us so efficient.

Pros:

Love this software, we upgraded to commusoft from cheaper alternatives and will stick with commusoft. All engineers love the app, Far easier for everyone to use. Can store photos/videos/certificates on each job. Estimating/invoicing great too. Also great integration with accounting software

Cons:

Only thing I would love is a refresh button on the app, as there can be a slight lag sometimes.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great product, forever evolving and moving forward with our expectations

Comments: We have solved our struggle with annual service reminders and recording the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We are very happy with the product and cant see us using anything else for the foreseeable future.

Pros:

The seamless continuity between the diary and job booking/logging/location recording is a great asset to our business. As a mere glance we can see what engineers are encountering issues, areen route to appointments or have completed tasks.

Cons:

The inability to merge duplicate entries. Be this customers, or duplicate jobs. As with any system some human error is unavoidable. We really wish that duplicate customer records could be merged or hidden so as to avoid future confusion or conflicting data.

Christopher
plumber and director in UK

commusoft User

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: good, i have email response which is replied back very quickly

Pros:

does everything i need it to do to run ny business

Cons:

not much really, sometimes i just have to remember to update the app to get thi gs back up and running

Ellen
Operations Manager in UK

Great Software

Comments: Overall fantastic experience, especially the help team

Pros:

User friendly Reduces admin times Reports and functions to summarise with ease

Cons:

Would be great to personalise it further to your specific needs

Zac

Great package!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ease of use by all users, able to plan works and invoices easily.

Cons:

Minor issues but probably down to personal preferences rather than any specific issue

Marcus
Heating engineer in UK
Construction, Self Employed

Great software but if you leave your stuffed

Comments: Very helpful at the start but if you leave then not interested. Would never put all my customer information to another IT company without doing my own customer database. Thanks for nothing Commusoft!!!

Pros:

The software has lots of great features and once you have got used to the menus and features and can improve productivity. As a small business with 1 employee passing and updating the engineers jobs was good and planning the jobs ahead was great. I had QuickBooks linked to the Commusoft

Cons:

Unfortunately when the Commusoft was linked to my QuickBooks it somehow doubled every customer in QuickBooks, Commusoft rectified but I still have a load of deleted customers even now. Also response to software issues was slow if your not on the premium service plan. As a small business I unfortunately lost my engineer and was operating as a sole trader but Commusoft would not reduce the charge for one user and so had to pay for 2 users. Upon deciding this wasn’t cost effective we left Commusoft and all databases deleted and some data files sent to us in computer data but no real information on customers that was stored with Commusoft. I have lost thousands on missed gas Certs since leaving. No help at all to find data on clients.

Keith
MD in UK

Great Product

Comments: We've been using Commusoft for a number of years now and have also found the team to be very helpful and knowledgeable.
The system is great, it helps reduce admin time and keeps the job statuses up to date.

Pros:

It's portable so you can see what's going on from anywhere with internet. You can capture a lot of information about jobs. Ease of use when booking jobs

Cons:

We sometimes find the job locations on the map are way out and as we work a lot in the countryside the mobiles don't always sync straight away.

Rebecca
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Commusoft has revolutionise the way we work

Comments: Reduced admin time with diary management and invoicing

Pros:

We've been using Commusoft since December 2019 and with 6 engineers out on different jobs it has streamlined office time spent in diary management and invoicing not to mention the history building on each property of all the jobs carried out and appliances in situ. No more handwritten and lost certificates everything is all stored in one place. It integrates really well with Xero accounting system. The training and set up support made the transition at our busiest time of year really easy. It's well work every penny we pay for it.

Cons:

Some parts require too many click steps to carry a task - i.e. sending an invoice

Suzanne
Office Manager in UK

Excellent Customer Management Tool

Pros:

Although Commusoft has been used by our company for a few years, I have only used it in the last 4 months. I find the software very intuitive. If I struggle to find out if something can or can't be done my first point of contact is the help section. This is great as you often come across things that you hadn't thought about yet and implement to improve / streamline your company's processes. If the help section doesn't give me what I need the Commusoft team are only ever an email away. Their response times are usually within a couple of hours. If you have a bespoke request they are more than happy to work with you to implement this. Would highly recommend this package to anyone in this line of business.

Cons:

I haven't worked with it long enough to come across anything I don't like about the software yet.

Raj
Director in UK

Commusoft helped us save time spent doing admin work, helped us manage our customers better.

Pros:

Working with Commusoft has been a great experience from the start. The training has been fantastic and made sure we knew what we were doing. When they upgraded us to their new system although it was very different they made sure we were trained again on all the changes. The new version is a massive upgrade, so we are very happy with that. We use most of the features everyday - setting up customers, sending service reminders, invoicing and filling in certs. We just started using the MailChimp integration which means we can send marketing emails to all our customers, which is really improving our customer service

Cons:

There is so many features that it can be a bit overwhelming, but having the support available an email away means we can always get help.

Adam
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Commusoft is great

Comments: In my opinion, this specific product is good user friendly. you do have to take time and invest in trying to understand the methods and process is that already exists within the software and have a clear understanding with regards to how you would like the software to operate with those two things in mind you can approach their customer support team that can talk you through implementations.

Pros:

What I liked was the ability to be able to repurpose already set up systems that can be utilised in my specific way for my business.

Cons:

As with all software, there are some limitations that exist within the software I have also used to competitors software over the years and I have found commusoft to be the best value for money and the better product

Sebastian

Never looked back

Comments: Back in 2014 I had a real issue convincing my business partner to leave his old fashioned paper diary behind and now 5 years later I cant believe there are still people not using Commusoft (although speaking to other Engineers on training courses I would estimate 1 in 4 use Commusoft now).

Pros:

So meany features that makes life so easy - really love the online booking feature and online payment system makes life so much easier

Cons:

So much to learn - unless you want to pay for training be prepared it can take months if not years to fully appreciated and utilise all of the features in Commusoft

James

Part of the team

Comments: Allows us to track engineers progress throughout the day, provide customers with professional estimates and allows them to be accepted online. The telephone support is very helpfully and a requirement for us but not available on the basic package.

Pros:

Being able to look back over completed jobs, and see who attended what they did, how long it took. Sending estimates, test certificates, invoices direct from one system to have all in on place Storing photos before and after works have been completed for future records

Cons:

Hard to get the required reports from the software, eg value of estimate won by which estimators

Calvin
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Software our Company couldn't be without

Comments: A Fantastic piece of Software that our Company has been using for 5 years and wouldn't be without!

Pros:

Commusoft is loved by all its users from the Office team to the Engineers it is simple and easy to use. The history and notes section saves our Engineers allot of time, and monitoring the diary is very easy. The fact that it can be linked to our accounting package has been an added bonus too!

Cons:

Regarding Notifications it only deletes for one person not everybody who was assigned which makes the process longer when clearing your own Notifications.

James
Heating engineer in UK

Upgarde your buisness

Comments: Commusoft has changed how my heating and plumbing business runs and stores information. It has allowed the business to take the next step. I have recommended commusoft to many people as it will help any size company, from a one-man band to a large company. Could not recommend it enough.

Pros:

The diary service with keeping all information bout past jobs in one place.

Cons:

I wish there was more accessible information available on the app or able to change information on the app better.

Greg
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Electricians

Comments: I can say the overall use of this is fantastic and have and would always recommend the software.

Pros:

1 - All jobs sent to our electricians. 2 - No lost paperwork. 3 - Pictures of all jobs. 4 - Easy to use

Cons:

I do not have many cons about this other than. If you have more than one person with the same name and you have a lot of people, you can not see the second name fully when adding jobs. You can not bulk delete notifications do if you have a big build up. You can not use this feature.

Patricia
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Software Package

Comments: Very happy with the diary side of things (which is all that I use) but has many other features that are helpful for running a small businesses. Easy to use and making my business run smoothly and efficiently. Support from Commusoft is brilliant, very prompt with dealing with any enquiries.

Pros:

This software is excellent for helping me with my day to day running of my business.

Cons:

It would be great if addresses could be linked to other addresses without physically having to set up new work addresses on the system

Anthony
Boss in UK

Plumbing & Heating Software Review

Comments: We have been using Commusoft for around 5 years. I would recommend this software without hesitation, the impact this platform has is instant. My only regret is that I didn't implement it sooner.

Pros:

The diary system on this software is second to none. From booking, attending and completing a job report there really is no other software currently on the market that can tick all the boxes for us.

Cons:

A phone integration mod would be a great addition to this software.

Lynn
Office Manager in UK

Clever & time saving software

Comments: Excellent and friendly staff and very helpful

Pros:

Very easy to adapt to - lots of things it can do but equally if you don't need or want the extra functionality then you don't need to use it - keeps things simple! Game Changer

Cons:

There are still lots of things i need to adapt or personalised and being a techno phobe can be daunting - and now getting the time to do it whislt using it (but thats really down to me and my time management)

Richard
director in UK

good product

Comments: is a good service

Pros:

we love the way everything is integrated and all under one roof

Cons:

unless the higher package is purchased then there is no telephone support but they are very good at emailing replies