15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Hospitable.com

For rental property owners and managers on Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo who want to win back their time from routine tasks

Learn more about Hospitable.com

Pros:

Easy integration with our Airbnb account enabling us to maintain prompt responses to guest enquiries 24/7.

Cons:

We're missing the feature of responding to the guest reviews (automated).

Hospitable.com ratings

4.6

9.2/10

Hospitable.com has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 123 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hospitable.com before?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Founder in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Phenomenal - I have tried it all - finally a company that deserves 5 stars in so many ways

Comments: This company solved most of my problems I was looking to solve by looking for a channel manager. I had created 150k/year of sales from just airbnb in just a year and new I needed to scale my biz, but I also knew I would not be able to handle more administrative work without finding a way to delegate and automate more fully. I knew I needed to scale to different marketplaces, VRBO, then flipkey, then booking.com... but knew I needed an integrative software to manage that process. I hunted and hunted, I reviewed 50 or 60 tools, pricing structures, features, claims, I tried 20 free trials, I actually set up 8 different tools, until I finally tried this one. While every other tool had a fundamental problem - profoundly over charging, taking a % of your company ( % of sales ), broken essential features like chat features ( tokeet ), broken import/export/linked listing features ( guesty )... this one didnt. Superhost tools was an exception - solid little tool for what it does, but SmartBNB does the same stuff - BETTER... specifically superhost tools automates communication - which is sometimes profoundly out of context but better then nothing, and smartBNB enables review of scheduled messages, which lets you edit them to fit to context. It literally does almost EVERYTHING I could have wanted, but BETTER. While the calendar feature needs a simple fix ( scrolling is the only workable means for that for ease of use like Airbnb ) - THIS is the app to set up and follow.

Pros:

- $7/listing - No setup costs - Enabled automation of 90% of my communications - I can review communications that are scheduled automatically BEFORE they go out - They don't want a percentage of my COMPANY to provide a killer service ( no % of sales model ) - They are under priced and over deliver - They under sell and overdeliver I have tried SO many tools!! Guesty and Tokeet were so glitchy they cost me money to try to setup. Guesty wanted $1000 just to set me up AND a PERCENTAGE OF MY COMPANY ( % of gross sales ) STAY AWAY from any company like that! Wheelhouse automated my prices, for a PERCENTAGE OF MY COMPANY - meh. Guesty promised to scale my ads and failed miserably. Tokeet's chat feature was garbage, but import/export listing feature was awesome. In the end, you can only hook up one channel manager to your airbnb account, so if your like me, you have got to decide on one at a time. I have tried 8 and reviewed 50-60... and Im done looking. SmartBNB delivered in almost every way I could have wanted. - Dirt cheap for what you get - Perfect communications channel w guests ( I am super picky ) - Seamless automated messages WITH THE ABILITY TO REVIEW THEM BEFORE THEY GO OUT - Bad Review strategies and are automated, rational, and effective - Almost instant, and intelligent customer service - Killer Documentation that actually trains you and almost never confuses you - Phenomenal - like off the charts phenomenal customer service tools.

Cons:

- The calendar viewing is weak. Its fine because you can just use Airbnbs... but to improve it guys: clicking to go to the next month? Really? You cant scroll to Jan 15th to feb 15th? Fix that. Make it scroll like airbnbs please immediately. I don't touch that, but again, its not really a point against the company because you don't actually need to use it, I can get everything from the airbnb cal with info imported via Ical from the other sites.

Colin
Owner and Co-Founder in US

I couldn't have scaled from $200,000 to $2 million without Hospitable

Pros:

When I first started scaling and became a 3-home operation nearly overnight, I was really struggling to keep up with effective communication to my guests. I had dozens of note documents for each property on my iPhone for things like; Check-in instructions, the first morning follow up message, Check-out instructions, etc. I would have to copy/paste these into the messaging apps and found myself making frequent, detrimental errors such as sending check-in instructions for the wrong house to a guest. Another major challenge I was running into before Hospitable was that I couldn't travel easily or do anything that wouldn't have strong cell phone service because I always had to be available to send check-in/out messages to my guests. Hospitable solved all of this and more. After a few weeks using the platform I went from thinking I hit my ceiling at owning and operating 3 homes, to believing I could effectively manage 15 or more. Fast forward to today and my company, Good Life has grown to 8 (soon to be 9) independently owned and managed homes that are all top 10 revenue producers in their respective zip codes, all maintain a 4.9+ overall review, and gets tons of repeat renters. This simply would not be possible without the automated communication SmartBnB enables to our guests and team.

Cons:

I honestly don't have any cons to list about Hospitable. I signed up for Hospitable and had the automated messages firing to guests and my cleaning team within a few hours thanks to the smooth onboarding flow and pre-built messages that were already populated. I've been using Hospitable for a few years now and have never had issues with it not performing. The few times I've had to contact support about questions, they were lightning quick to respond. It's amazing they don't charge more for this platform, honestly.

Alternatives Considered: Hostify and Guesty

Reasons for Switching to Hospitable.com: Some of the other software takes a percentage of your gross revenue and SmartBnB charges an extremely reasonable flat-rate monthly fee. I've actually converted 3 friends from some of the other software out there after showing them Hospitable.

Cameron
Owner in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Hospitable is an amazing channel manager

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Hospitable is amazing and I would recommend vacation rental managers to use it.

Pros:

Hospitable is easy to use, easy to learn and very user friendly.

Cons:

This software has changed how I manage my vacation rentals, I would highly recommend it.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for the glowing recommendation, Cameron!

Justin
Director in UK
Hospitality, Self Employed

Signed up for Free Trial, tried to import Airbnb - didn't work. Customer service ghosted me. Awful!

Comments: Terrible, I haven't been able to use any of it and was ghosted after an initial 2 responses by their customer service chat.

Pros:

Nothing. I haven't managed to get anything to work yet, nor have a reasonable conversation with customer service

Cons:

I signed up to their free trial, thinking it looks like a good product. When importing my Airbnb listings, a glitch happened. So I contacted customer services. A person called [sensitive content hidden] initially responded in a few minutes, I explained the problem, then she asked for more informaiton which I provided. She then literally disappeared. I am sat there waiting like a lemon. It appears her shift must have ended. She had no intention of letting me know of course. So I sit there waiting for the next 45 minutes, writing to her asking if she is there and then after realising she left, I wrote again berating her for not telling me she was signing off. I am quite shocked at this level of ineptitude with a potential new client, firstly with the software and secondly with the customer service. How does this product have so many positive reviews? What am I missing here?

10 months ago

Hi Justin, that's certainly not the customer experience we are known for. If a Customer Support Advocate has signed off for the day, your ticket should have gone into the general support queue for someone else to pick up the conversation. We don't have enough information from this review to track down that ticket but if you email [email protected] we'd be happy to assist you in getting your account set up.

Real Estate, Self Employed

Great PMS for STR Management!

Pros:

Hospitable was the very first software I incorporated into my business. I manage my own STRs and it has been instrumental in helping me automate reservation management and guest messaging. Super user friendly UI that's easy and intuitive for anyone to learn and implement into their business. The customer service is also super helpful with their responses! They even sometimes send over a screen record to help you understand and answer your questions. Overall, Hospitable is a great PMS and I highly recommend it for anyone in the business!

Cons:

Sometimes it takes more than 2-3 days for customer service to answer inquiries and it takes quite a while for bugs in their software to be investigated and resolved. I also wish Hospitable had more robust reporting.

Alternatives Considered: OwnerRez , Guesty For Hosts , Hostfully Property Management Platform and Guesty

last month

Thank you for your review - we're so happy you consider us instrumental in automating reservation management and guest messaging!

Tim
Owner in New Zealand
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Simplifies short term rental management

Comments: The biggest thing by far is the automated email platform. It's highly customisable, and after a bit of playing round I was able to come up with a setup that I am very happy with, with most of the routine emails being sent automatically.

Pros:

Automated email system The calendar showing bookings across both AirBnB & HomeAway platforms Integrated messaging An indication at the bottom of the window showing likelihood of winning booking

Cons:

I wish I could enter & manage bookings that haven't come from AirBnB or HomeAway, with comms done by email.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty For Hosts and iGMS

Reasons for Choosing Hospitable.com: I was using iGMS for free, with a single listing on both AirBnB & HomeAway. And it was fine. But then they shifted HomeAway integration to paid-only. So I figured if I had to pay, I might as well reassess the options, and for the money, I liked SmartBnB more.

Switched From: iGMS

Reasons for Switching to Hospitable.com: YourPorter was too slow & clunky iGMS was a combination of features & price

Manos
Ceo in Greece

Unbelievable software for Short Term Rentals

Comments: We have seen an improved ranking and overall experience from our customers has improved. Fast answers and automated staff scheduling is key for us.

Pros:

It uses AI for messaging automation. Also it has procedures for automating professes with our staff. Additionally, I can also get ranking reports and a unified calendar! Heartbeats are also a great!

Cons:

Although aIl questions from support are answered, it takes a few hours to get that answer. So, if you need a quick answer about a feature you have to wait for hours to get a 2 line reply.

Alternatives Considered: Cloudbeds , Smoobu , iGMS and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Hospitable.com: ImtelliIntelligence in automated messaging.

Switched From: Guesty For Hosts

Reasons for Switching to Hospitable.com: Because they use AI which is the future. Later on, they could for example also provide automatic sentiment analysis and provide an automatic answer based on the sentiment. The future looks bright!

5 years ago

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review. We really appreciate that you're finding the software useful. I'm sorry that our support team has taken a while to get back to you in the past. We try to handle questions as fast as possible, and we recently grew our support team, so we can help our customers better and faster. Hopefully, the support experience will improve for you in the future!

Kevin
Marketing Director in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Best PMS on the market and can't wait for their growth.

Comments: I tried about four other property management softwares that had amazing reviews but just didn't cut it for me and my business. Hospitable is by far the best software I've used in my four years in the industry.

Pros:

It's extremely user friendly and so easy to use but extremely powerful. They have really developed a product that can streamline a ton of the processes in your short term rental business. Other software on the market are over priced and extremely difficult to use.

Cons:

Website feature is still in development stages at time of this review. Also, I would like to see more integrations. Lastly, I think the metrics/financial reporting feature can be improved. I would like to be able to see more organized data about the health/growth of my properties so I can send a nice branded report to my property owners.

Alternatives Considered: Hostaway , OwnerRez , Hostfully Property Management Platform and Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing Hospitable.com: Other products were super complicated and had horrible customer service.

Switched From: Hostaway and OwnerRez

Reasons for Switching to Hospitable.com: The ease of use and intuitive design.

10 months ago

Thank you for growing with us, Kevin!

Adam
Founder in Australia
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Excellend product growth & customer service

Comments: Customer service is top notch and they request/respond to customer feedback in a very timely manner.

Pros:

A complete feature set is being added to regularly with ongoing investment in improving the product for users

Cons:

Calendar view could be more comprehensive

Alternatives Considered: eviivo

Reasons for Choosing Hospitable.com: Cost was the driver, but it became apparent that I wasn't losing as many features as I expected

Switched From: MyVR

Matthew
CEO in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

You need this to grow.

Comments: Exceptional. 10/10 easily.

Pros:

You gain control by customized responses to inquiries, in YOUR verbiage. Literally everything, I love it all. We are able to grow because of this platform.

Cons:

Nothing. I'm actually excited to see their new roll outs of new features.

Angela
Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Makes my life so much easier

Comments: Overall I love smartbnb. It saves me a lot of time and effort. It makes managing multiple properties a lot less of a headache and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros:

I help oversee 10 short term rental properties across 6 different accounts. I love how I can easily see what's going on and respond to any customer for any property in one platform. You couldn't believe how time consuming it is to respond to people across so many different accounts. Also I LOVE how you can set up automated messages - ugh the best! This saves me an incredible amount of time every week!

Cons:

The only thing I wish this smartbnb had was a mobile app which I know they're working on and I'm very excited for. Also I wish it was easier to set up manual tasks and reminders without having to go to the operations calendar and look up the customer. I wish you could do that all within the messaging section. There's also a fewww times the program bugged out on me but overall I really like the program.

5 years ago

We're delighted that Smartbnb is helping you run your business more easily and effectively! We also really appreciate your feedback: the mobile app will be ready very, very soon ;) And your recommendation about making manual tasks easier to set up is quite right, we will add this to the feedback pipeline. And of course, we will keep working on fixing bugs and making sure that Smartbnb is the most reliable platform in the short-term rental market :)

Eric
Parter/Owner in US

Awesome Channel Manager

Comments: The overall experience has been great. It has made property management so much easier.

Pros:

I really like the ability to manage my inbox, properties, and pricing all in one location. I can communicate with all my guests in one place. I can see all the details of my property and reservations. I can see my pricing through the Pricelabs integration. It also integrates with TurnoverBNB to set up cleaning schedules for my cleaners and with MailChimp to keep track of guests' information. The feature I like most of all is the guest experience section which allows for automated messaging and canned messages.

Cons:

The only issue that I have had was approving inquiries through Hospitable. I usually have to go to the booking platforms to do this but it's not a big deal.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty For Hosts and Hostfully Property Management Platform

Reasons for Switching to Hospitable.com: It was highly recommended.

Monika
Revenue Manager in Poland
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Thanks to smartbnb keeping our response rates very high while saving our time !

Comments: We're avoiding mistakes that can occur when sending messages without automatization. Also it saves loads of time of our emploees with sending automatic templates, more to that, no one has to remember about sending them to each guest !

Pros:

It makes managing many properties very easy in terms of guest comunication. We're keeping our response rates very high. Really great feature is automatic guest review. It helps to save a lot of time and energy.

Cons:

I would love to see integration with other portals than airbnb. Booking.com would be great as it is another big player in a short term rental OTA's. We're missing the feature of responding to the guest reviews (automated).

phil
owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Essential for providing consistently excellent customer service

Comments: Great software for automating event based messages. Also provides hosts with a central dashboard for guest communication.

Pros:

Allows for automated, event-based messaging for short term rental operators. Construct the perfect message once and have it sent to guests exactly the same every time. Lots of customization options to personalize the message and help the guest feel like they are unique and special.

Cons:

The ability to automatically answer questions based on AI is a promising idea but only works for a few basic questions like early check-in. It is very hard to train the system to recognize other frequently asked questions.

António Jorge Cardoso
Pharmacy technician in Portugal
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's trully Smart and supportive

Comments: I have my main work as Pharmacy Technician, so Smartbnb help me doing mist of messaging making my time better. And when at home with family its gold and make magic helping me stay more focused in family time. I couldn't ask a better software.

Pros:

All guests appreciate our messages and most really think they are sended on time manually by me, so the reviews always mentioned the quick replies.

Cons:

It makes what is supposed to do, until today I'm very happy. But could add more features in the future like helping creating tips and guides ready to use when guests request help. Other features could be added but mainly now have what i most need.

Jo
Owner/Operator in Australia
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use, great support and integrity

Comments: I definitely recommend smartbnb and I would use it again. It was easy overall!!

Pros:

I found it easy to get everything set up, the customer service reps very knowledgeable and supportive. I appreciated that while there may not be some of the features other products have what is important is that new functions/features are properly planned and tested. I never experienced any problems at all.

Cons:

I would have liked integration with other accommodation platforms and the ability to collect payments but I do know these are things in the pipeline and being worked on.

Nigel
Owner in Australia
Hospitality, Self Employed

Manage your short term rental stress and time free

Comments: Has enabled me to run properties in Australia and the UK, from an island in the middle of the Pacific with poor internet. AND to achieve top rating for communication!

Pros:

Copes with all messaging. They have pretty well thought of everything and new features continually being added

Cons:

Takes a short time to set up, but well worth the initial effort

Greg and Minke
Owner in Australia

Awesome Product for Passive Rental Management

Comments: Couldn't run my business without it

Pros:

Love the automatic question detection Flawless guest and staff messaging Solid pricing/calendar syncing

Cons:

When bringing on new staff, they don't receive details of existing but future bookings so have to advise manually

Omar
Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

No better option for the money

Comments: I use this software daily and love it.

Pros:

The price is the best feature about this software. Nothing beats it for the money.

Cons:

Not the most user friendly. It can take a while for someone who is not very computer savvy to use it.

Heather
owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Smartbnb helps streamline and manage my STR business

Comments: I have 2 Short -term rental locations. This website helps make managing the rentals and inquiries doable. The auto responses make sure that I can respond to guests even when I'm working or otherwise unable to be online.

Pros:

Auto messaging are a game changer and makes sure I don't miss an inquiry or rental.

Cons:

Its a bit of a learning curve... but they are very helpful and responsive with customer service

François
President in Canada
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Smartbnb

Comments: Love it, couldn't live with it.

Pros:

Automatisation is really easy. The options seems to be developed by people that really understand the daily challenges in their industrie The new app

Cons:

The new Calendar is not optimized for phones. dont work with booking yet.

Jeselle
Operations Manager in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Reliable Software

Pros:

I find it easier to use this on our daily operations because of its Filters and Auto Messaging

Cons:

It would be better if the messaging is synced with Booking.com

Julia
COO in Czechia

smartbnb Review

Comments: We are very satisfied with smartbnb

Pros:

Great for automating and centralizing our guest communication

Cons:

None to comment about. They offer great service!

Mitxel
COO in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

smartbnb will save you loads of time

Comments: They have been great. Always quick to respond to my questions, and overall a great value for what they provide.

Pros:

Automation of routine tasks and communication with guests.

Cons:

The phone app is a little bit laggy and some of the features that i use the most on desktop are not available on the mobile app (task calendar)

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Switching to Hospitable.com: Price point

PAMELA
OWNER in US

LOVE SMARTBNB

Comments: BNB IS THE BEST MESSAGING SERVICE FOR SHORT TERM RENTALS

Pros:

THIS SERVICE PROVIDED SEAMLESS COMMUNICATION TO OUR GUESTS WHICH PROMOTED PROFESSIONALISM AND REDUCED OUR WORKLOAD TREMENDOUSLY

Cons:

NONE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL IT HAS GRADUALLY IMPROVED