15 years helping Canadian businesses

Hostfully Property Management Platform Reviews

About Hostfully Property Management Platform

Property management and guest experience software for short term rental managers who want to scale a grow their businesses.

Learn more about Hostfully Property Management Platform

Pros:

Dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT. So helpful and we are still hopeful that they will refund us.

Cons:

I would avoid unless you know and can explain EXACTLY and EVERY SINGLE feature (to the smallest detail) that you would need, and ask very specific questions whether Hostfully provides it.

Hostfully Property Management Platform ratings

4.1
4.3
4.0
4.1

7.5/10

Hostfully Property Management Platform has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 214 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hostfully Property Management Platform before?

Rich
Rich
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

FRB Rentals wouldn't be what it is today without Hostfully. The PMP that keeps on giving!

Comments: The Hostfully platform and especially the team have been a pleasure to work with.
They are VERY responsive to anything the FRB Rentals team throws at them, be it a question, suggestion for improvement or a bug.

Pros:

Love the one place to rule them all approach. The ability to create all our FRB Rentals listings in once place, manage pricing and bookings and push it out to direct bookings as well as the OTAs (Airbnb, VRBO, etc.) is so central to a successful Short Term Rentals business. Hostfully, like any software app, isn't perfect, BUT their support and development teams take feedback and fix issues and implement new features requested by the user base. I personally have had many new features I've suggested implemented.

Cons:

At FRB Rentals, we use automated templates to the extreme. Initially there is a learning curve to setting up the more advance automation using templates and trigger. Highly suggest you write it all down and map out how you want timing to happen on a booking through review, then implement it and test one step at a time. The formatting on communications should be tested with each OTA to ensure it looks good to the guest receiving it.

Alternatives Considered: Hostaway and Guesty For Hosts

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: For the investment of time and money, paired with the proven feature sets and references I talked to, Hostfully came out on top for what FRB Rentals needed in a platform.

Jennifer

Feedback of system

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It is much easier to run from a mobile device than the previous

Cons:

Creating the templates and triggers. Also navigating the integration

Eva
Owner CEO in US

It’s a good system

3.0 last month New

Comments: 3 star out of 5. Good customer service but need someone to pick up the phone to get stuff done right away if needed

Pros:

I liked that you help me to onboard and team is very friendly

Cons:

App is horrible. Needs improvement. The price seems to be very high right now. It is not good that I can’t call [sensitive content hidden] when I need him. I can just schedule a meeting and as I am solo and do it all sometimes u can’t get to the c comp to do the appointment. I need to be able to call someone. This is very difficult for me. Thinking of doing a change

Doug
Property Manager in US

Hostfully is getting better

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Channel management and communications integration across all channels.

Cons:

Some of the cumbersome channel integrations and updates are not clearly communicated specifically when Hometogo went away!

Alternatives Considered: Guesty For Hosts

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: Interface seemed more clear and overall marketing material made me interested. YouTube reviewers had positive remarks and seem to fit my needs.

Reymauk
Virtual Assistant in Philippines

Best Property Management Platform

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The features that is easy to access and navigate

Cons:

What I like the least in Hostfully is that linking to different OTAs

Concierge in South Africa

Passable PMS System

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Fairly easy to use and understand. Compared to other PMS systems Hostfully needs more functionalities.

Pros:

The calendar view is great but definitely can still improve. When we compare it to other PMS systems. Functions like split bookings will be useful

Cons:

Channel Manager and Hostfully sometimes didn't sync which led to overbookings. When this occurs a tedious manual search is then required to fix the issue.

Alternatives Considered: Semper and NightsBridge

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: The ease of use and having a PMS system that was transparent for the clients was key

Tod
Proprietor in Canada

Hostfully for the WIN!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Hostfully PMS is a really great system for a small or medium sized, vacation rental property manager. We own our properties and the system really helps lead to a better quality of life in my everyday resort existence.

Pros:

I've been a loyal user for 5+ years now and Hostfully revolutionized my small (but mighty) vacation rental business.

Cons:

Like all new systems, there was a learning curve to get my head around.

Rick
Rick
Owner in Canada

Review Hostfully

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Good. I enjoy working with my success cash.

Pros:

Customer support/technical assistance speed of replies.

Cons:

On-boarding length of time. Took too long/too many meetings.

Taylor

New User on Hostfully

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It’s okay. I switched from hospitable which is more user friendly.

Pros:

I like the calendar view the most out of all

Cons:

The non ability to run a report for email addresses from the pre arrival form and messaging is a bit complicated

Concierge in South Africa

Hostfully is a Fair PMS

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Hostfully has been a simple and easy platform to use. I would recommend it because of its ease of use. Time for training on this product was less than a week which was great.

Pros:

It is very easy and simple to use, not overall complicated. It has been the bes

Cons:

The link between the channel manager not always the best which can complicate things. This was only one hiccup but everything else went well

Emma
Founder in Greece
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

This software has completely revolutionised my vacation rental business!

Comments: From the first sales call to the daily use of the platform my experience with Hostfully has been nothing but positive. These guys are awesome!

Pros:

With very little time to spend getting familiar with the software and setting up all my properties, I loved how user friendly the Hostfully platform is. The UI was intuitive and totally logical to the needs of a short term rental owner with 20+ properties. The set up time was minimal compared with other products I'd used and the customer service & training were amazing. Their live chat help line is truly best in market. Anything Ive ever needed help with has been resolved within the hour with sensible, easy to follow instructions, charm and humour - you can really tell these guys are also short term rental hosts.

Cons:

The accounting & bookkeeping side of the platform needs some improvement. All the info is there but pushing out reports at the end of the month requires too much manual reconfiguration. I dont use accounting software because my business isnt large enough to warrant the cost and I think the Hostfully platform could easily export the data I need in an easy to use format. Id rather a one stop platform than 5 different software programs integrating with each other - too many work arounds and too much opportunity for there to be a breakdown in the chain of info.

Alternatives Considered: Amenitiz, Zeevou and Hospitable.com

Reasons for Choosing Hostfully Property Management Platform: I found the Zeevou platform UX incredibly frustrating, time consuming and difficult to use.

Switched From: Zeevou

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: The user friendly interface and integrations suited my business and my personal style more so than other platforms. The customer service and warm friendly approach of everyone Ive interacted with at Hostfully ultimately won me over - we are in the people business and people really matter!

Sarah
Founder President, Director of Operations & Guest Experiences in US

Top Rated for many reasons. Great company culture and leadership

Comments: Not only, Game-changing for operations and increased revenue , but also peace of mind knowing team members have better access to operationsto help make them successful in their various support roles.

Pros:

customer service and help articles. triggers and templates with sms featurecleaning jobs, owner blocks

Cons:

increasing costssome integrated tools do not provide the same level of customer support that hostfully does. Owner blocks could be included in repots along with "costs" in spreadsheet, Owner block trigger a cleaning job

Alternatives Considered: LMPM v4, OwnerRez, Lodgify and Kigo

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: Keystone Award [sensitive content hidden] white paper and assessment for my needs.

last year

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review, Sarah. We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate our company culture, leadership, customer service, and help articles. We're also glad to hear that you find our triggers and templates with SMS feature useful, and that they have been game-changing for your operations and increased your revenue. We're constantly striving to improve our service, so we appreciate your feedback on the owner blocks and integrated tools. We'll take your comments into consideration as we continue to develop and enhance our platform. Thank you for choosing Hostfully! :)

LeAnne
Co-Owner in US

Finally settling in...

Comments: Hostfully has grown with us this first year, and we anticipate it will hold up under our growth to 30 homes next year. We are settling into how it works and learning what other integrations we need to compensate for its faults. The cost is low, so we can use other integrations to help.

Pros:

We have adjusted to the workarounds in the system and are enjoying using the platform. I like that they consistently upgrade and develop new integrations and business relationships to help our business grow. The support team is very helpful and always quickly responds to our questions. Their support site is good - I can generally find the answers to my questions in their help materials.

Cons:

I think the guest communication process is clunky and not aesthetically pleasing. We wish there were a better Owner Portal where we would store home details. Would love to be able to white label a nice website and not have to build a whole separate site.

Alternatives Considered: OwnerRez, Guesty For Hosts and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: It seemed the best choice at the time. We have looked at other systems since joining Hostfully and have not found a better choice for the price.

7 months ago

Thank you for your detailed review, LeAnne! We're thrilled to hear that you're settling in and enjoying the platform and that you find our customer service helpful and quick! Also we are delighted to hear you use our articles and support center! Your feedback on guest communication and the Owner Portal is valuable. We appreciate your positive remarks about our continuous integrations and features upgrades. We're here to support your business growth and enhance your experience with Hostfully. Thanks for choosing us!

Lenise
Property Manager in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

New property manager

Comments: Initially it was superb with [sensitive content hidden]
, after that we’ve lost touch with any one contact, the help button is responsive but almost never solves a problem. They’re very nice, but refer owners/managers to the platforms directly.

Pros:

The onboarding specialist [sensitive content hidden] , after [sensitive content hidden] unexpected departure from Hostfully, we never connected with anyone else. She was a huge asset and we are so sorry she’s gone!

Cons:

Not easy to get answers about platform issues that arise. I thought Hostfully would have had their own customer service connections through the platforms to help maneuver issues/problems resolve issues that occurred with property managers specifically! Virtually impossible to communicate with the platforms about management issues.

7 months ago

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Lenise. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we're sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced. We understand the importance of strong communication and support, and we're actively working to improve our customer service and platform assistance. Your input helps us make necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing Hostfully!

Critical Feature Missing

Pros:

Hostfully does have some good features..

Cons:

Hostfully is missing a KEY FEATURE that is pivotal to operating a short-term rental business in an efficient manner! The missing feature is their integration with VRBO. While Hostfully allows you to set up "automated messages" to guests who book through Airbnb, they lack the integration to do the same on VRBO. This is something that they won't tell you during the training sessions, so please take this as your warning!! After I signed up for Hostfully, I learned about this lack of integration and immediately canceled and am now using Guesty which not only has integration to message your guests automatically from their platform, but they also have many many more features as well! If you're serious about growing your short-term rental business, I highly recommend using software that can support you (not Hostfully)!

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: I chose Hostfully because I thought they had almost identical features to Guestsy, but at a lower price. I was wrong. Hostfully is missing key features and integrations, like not being able to send automated messages to VRBO guests through Hostfully.

2 years ago

Hi Bailey, Thank you for trying Hostfully. First, I want to apologize for the miscommunication on how our automated messaging works since it works for all channels including Vrbo. I believe the limitation you are referring to is the lack of a Vrbo messaging API. This prevents you from receiving messages in Hostfully sent from the Vrbo guest portal. You can still automate emails to your Vrbo guests and when they respond, correspond with them via email directly from the Hostfully inbox. The lack of a Vrbo messaging API comes from Vrbo themselves. We are patiently waiting for Vrbo to add this to their official API. We are proud to have reached the exclusive "Preferred Partner" status for Vrbo, and because of that, we only integrate through their official API. We do not scrape data/emails in an unofficial way, where a simple change in HTML code could break the "integration". In the meantime, the workflow mentioned above works well for our customers.

Margie

Excellent Software

Comments: We moved to Hostfully wanting a software that integrates with Quickbooks and they have not disappointed us on anything that we have asked them to tackle.

Pros:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT], the owner, is available and is always open to improving his software to increase revenue and help to push our properties through API connections. Customer service is amazing and the costs for the software is minimal compared to some of the very large software options out there, but better!

Cons:

No cons! we are so happy with the software... I would love a phone app... that is the only con!

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Hostfully Property Management Platform: We were having a ton of glitches in the monthly statements and they were too pricey.

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: the price, the integrations and the ease of use of the software

Amanda

Great STR Management Software

Pros:

The price is unbeatable and the features are everything needed for a small company to be run like a large one.

Cons:

It can take some time for training to learn all the bells and whistles but growing with the company we have seen many updates and we look forward to continuing to see the program get better.

Alternatives Considered: Hostaway, Guesty For Hosts and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: The pricing for the size of our company was unbeatable and the customization allows us to scale.

last year

Hi Amanda, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review! We are glad to hear that our pricing is unbeatable and that the customization options have allowed you to scale your business. We are thrilled to hear that our features have been able to meet the needs of your company helping you operate like a larger one. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue working together, Thank you again for choosing Hostfully! :)

Keith
Hospitality, Self Employed

Extremely Helpful Cloud Solution for Vacation Rentals: Calendar, Booking Widget, Lead Management++

Comments: Orbirental does much more than I really need it to, but I find myself using more and more of it as time goes on. Originally discovered this as literally the only nice-looking solution for putting one's vacation rental calendar and a "book now" widget on a dedicated website, but then found it does so much more... Very helpful in terms of managing/consolidating leads from the many different listing platforms into one central location. The ability to easily send quotes to inquiring guests is fantastic. And, if you don't have a way to securely and directly take payments, well it gives you that, too (with support for many different payment processing and payment methods). It basically gives you all of the essential components you need to run a vacation rental business (and that you would have a very hard time hacking together yourself!). Essential for me was its ability to support dynamic pricing (currently from integration with PriceLabs) , but there should be more integrations as time goes on. My use case might be a little unusual as I own and manage just a single property. (I have no doubt that it easily scales to support even rather large property management firms and it was obviously designed from the ground up to support multiple users/agents and multiple properties.) For me, I was trying to build my own dedicated website for my vacation rental with similar features, functionality and user experience as delivered by Airbnb, VRBO, etc. and, lo and behold, using Orbirental gave me all of the pieces that I could not have easily and cost-effectively built myself. It can take a little time to understand the workflows and the Orbirental way of doing things (hence, 4 stars for ease-of-use), but it's mighty powerful... And I find myself, over time, moving toward making it more central to the way I manage and respond to guest inquiries (which I probably should have done in the first place). OUTSTANDING customer support with quick response time, a "there are no stupid questions" attitude, and very responsive to requests for enhancement. Very reliable: The only "issues" I've seen with the product have been due to the general complexities of integration with the broad variety of external data feeds they have to deal with (e.g., something goes haywire at Airbnb or HomeAway and that ends up affecting Orbirental). Basically, it "does everything it says on the tin" and more. Highly recommended and essential!

Pros:

Great calendar/booking widget. Enables payment processing. Easy to use quote tool. Outstanding customer support. Extensive feature set. Basic features up and running instantly. Modern/clean design.

Cons:

Bit of a learning curve as one would expect from a product that is unique, powerful and customizable. Takes some effort/configuration to get the most out of it. Somewhat hard to use "on the go" as the admin interface works best on desktop browsers. A companion app for mobile would be awesome.

Nancy
Short Term Rental Property Manager in US

Love hate relationship

Comments: The biggest help has been having the cleaners being notified each time a booking occurs. It has been a lengthy process to convert to Hostfully. Onboarding was not as good as I had hoped. I still don't know how to use much of the website. Your chat support is excellent. I am very disappointed that I have more work to do with VRBO because we use Hostfully. I have thought of discontinuing because it has made it so much more difficult. I haven't because I like Pricelabs being able to change my pricing daily. I had hoped using a channel manager would make my work easier and simpler. That has not been the case.

Pros:

I can see all the bookings on one calendar. They send messages to my cleaners as soon as a booking is made. One change that goes to all platforms. I can plug in Pricelabs to change my pricing. Support is great. Quick chat responses, answers my questions and solves the problems.

Cons:

No app is a real problem. Please get it running soon. Hard to read pages of website, the muted grey and other muted colors are hard to read. Type font is way too small to read on a phone. Calendar can be confusing. Hard to add jobs, everything is too small and sensitive, so I end up on the wrong date, etc. Seem to have to go to different locations on website to get something done. There should be an automatic assignment, when it is just me handling everything. Sometimes I need to do something but can't, then I remember I have to assign it to me before I can manage the thing I need. Since having a channel manager it is a lot more work for me, because VRBO will not collect funds nor report and pay occupancy tax. Inquiries cannot be handled through Hostfully, only bookings. Onboarding was lengthy, difficult, incomplete, poor scheduling and cancellations. We have had some glitches where it wasn't sending out the information correctly. I still need more explanations of all the bells and whistles, but onboarding is over, so is my training.

last year

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, Nancy. We're glad to hear that you appreciate our features, such as the ability to see all bookings on one calendar, send messages to cleaners, and change pricing with Pricing processors. We're also happy to hear that our support team has been responsive and helpful and we appreciate your feedback on the website's readability. Please note we already release our Mobile App! We'll continue to work on improving our platform to better meet your needs. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing Hostfully :)

Isabela
Administrative Coordinator in Honduras
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Best-value PMS out there!

Pros:

Hostfully has changed our lives. I really love the pipeline feature - all the information I require for my daily operations are there! Hostfully just has a fresh look and is mainly friendly for users. Whenever we have questions, we work with their amazing customer service team - [sensitive content hidden], we love you! Overall, Hostfully has a great team and makes our lives easier.

Cons:

There are some features that need to be worked on - for example, being able to edit imported leads (Booking.com). Being able to message VRBO guests through Hostfully inbox. Being able to apply discounts to certain periods of time, not for it to be applied to the whole year.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Hostfully Property Management Platform: Hostfully was more friendly to use.

Switched From: MyVR

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: Price and customer service.

Brian

Treehouse Rental using Hostfully Platform

Comments: The overall experience has been good. Hostfully offers what I feel is a comprehensive platform for what our business requires. The customer service team has been fantastic. The integrations are really helpful, notably the short term rental insurance and remote lock options. Super helpful!

Pros:

The integration capability and the Guidebooks. The Hostfully platform is comprehensive and offers everything we need to run our rental business. We have not used the channel manager for airbnb and others yet, but that will be a key driver for growth.

Cons:

The new calendar experience and job creation. Like seeing the big picture for reservations, and a linear calendar does not allow that. The job creation software only allows a few jobs to be created at a time.Lastly, adding new features and the voting system is less than ideal.

last year

Hi Brian, Thank you for taking the time to leave such an amazing review and sharing your positive experience with our platform integration capabilities and Guidebooks. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the calendar experience, job creation software, and voting system, and we will keep them in mind as we continue to improve our platform. We are glad to hear that you find our customer service team fantastic, and that you consider that our platform offers everything you need to run your rental business! Thank you for choosing Hostfully

Sean
Principal in US

needs major work

Comments: many clunky elements of the software. Frankly, I think it needs a major cosmetic overall to make it more user friendly.

Pros:

Good software, but needs a ton of work, especially in the Trigger management as well as accounting side of the house. The software is just "clunky" and not user-friendly in many areas which is unfortunate.

Cons:

The communication with guests and missing very obvious features, such as quick access to see who is currently being hosted and the ability to manage easily. Also there is no ability to charge a customer directly on the platform; we need to go through Stripe to do "add on" services

7 months ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your insights into areas that need improvement. We're actively working on enhancing the trigger management, accounting, and overall user-friendliness of the platform. Your comments on guest communication features and the ability to manage easily are noted, and we'll take them into consideration for future updates. We understand the importance of direct charging for add-on services, you can modify the lead and send them a payment link directly through the platform, or connect your Marketplace so guests can buy your services! Your feedback is valuable, and we're committed to making Hostfully a better experience for you. Thank you for your support.

Spencer
CEO in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Orbirental is a next generation VR platform at the leading trend of technology

Pros:

I have been really impressed by the functionality of the Orbirental Property Management Software. I started a full-service vacation rental business in Coachella Valley, CA approximately 1 year ago, and we have been growing quickly with large 5+ bedroom properties will hotel style amenities all in the Indio/La Quinta area. Orbirental has full integrations with the booking platforms, including Airbnb, Homeaway/VRBO, TripAdvisor and Booking.com, which has allowed us to expand our reach to the worldwide traveller market. Orbirental also provides great integrations with the newest and greatest technology partners so we can utilize the benefits of dynamic pricing, guest books, channel managers, keyless locks, email marketing software, along with many more tech companies that are emerging every day in this dynamic and fluid industry. Orbirental has an innovate and easy to use interface for managers, staff and guest inquiries. The lead management pipeline is what Orbirental has mastered at the core of its PMS, but there are so many useful integrations that make Orbirental a truly one-stop shop for any size management company that wants to stay at the leading trend of technology and run their business efficiently and effectively. I highly recommend Orbirental for the modern vacation rental property management company!

Cons:

Orbirental does not provide a website builder but can help vacation rental management companies build a customer and highly optimized website instead, using their API for data synchronization and payment processing.

Nicholas
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Have been a user for over 5 years. Critical to our success.

Comments: We love this software and it is the most critical piece of software we have for Osa Property Management.

Pros:

The integrations with our tech stack is seamless and easy.

Cons:

Photo ordering and management needs improvement

last year

Thank you so much for being a loyal user of Hostfully for over 5 years, Nicholas! We greatly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear that our integrations with your tech stack have been seamless and easy. We understand that photo ordering and management could use some improvement, and we'll make note of that for future enhancements. We're glad you find Hostfully's feel and interface easy to use and crisp, and we're delighted that it has been critical to the success of your property management. We're also happy to know that our customer service has been fast and available 24/7. Thank you for your kind words and support. We look forward to continuing to serve you!

Ernesto
CEO in Panama

On the fence

Pros:

The price is very competitive.Customer service is dedicated, although sometimes slow to respond.

Cons:

Lack of features that ease work, and lack of multi language among other things. There needs to be a feature to be able to edit multiple listings at once.

Alternatives Considered: Hostaway, Hostify and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Hostfully Property Management Platform: Not satisfied with customer service

Switched From: Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform: Price

last year

Hi Ernesto, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad to hear that you find our pricing to be competitive and that you appreciate our dedicated customer service, even though there were times when our response time was slower than desired. We appreciate your suggestions for additional features to improve our platform, such as edit multiple listings at once and support for multiple languages. We take feedback like this seriously and will certainly take your suggestions into consideration as we continue to improve and develop our platform, We're always looking for ways to improve and provide the best possible service to our customers.