15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Twice Commerce

Twice's e-commerce and store management solutions provide the tools and support for starting, managing, and growing a rental business.

Learn more about Twice Commerce

Twice Commerce ratings

4.6
4.8
4.2
4.5

8.7/10

Twice Commerce has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 149 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Twice Commerce before?

Founder in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

The best rental platform for businesses of any size.

Comments: Rentle have provided me with an extra dimension to my bicycle rental business. They have enabled a cost effective digital booking system without the need for hardware. Their team are fantastic and always on hand to solve any questions or problems I have had. I've been so impressed with their positive approach and have always felt valued as a customer.

Pros:

The software is very user friendly and can be adapted to fit a variety of different methods of working. The software is very intuitive and adaptable and allows for surface level engagement through to in-depth use depending on need.

Cons:

I would like the booking confirmation / end user engagement to be more customisable. At the moment it is a generic email confirmation which is fine but would be improved with ability to send more bespoke confirmations / engagement.

2 years ago

Thank you Tim for all your feedback. We are really happy to have you using Rentle and we look forward to improving our platform for the needs you mentioned! Kind regards, Polina

Lasse
Lasse
Managing director in Finland
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Revolutionary for rental and activities business model

Comments: Superb support and reaction time for problems. I have never experienced such a great attitude towards users from support people.

Pros:

Flexibility, ease of use, integrated payment options, broad scope that can be used to make all our activities, rental products, tickets, etc. products available for online booking

Cons:

Rentle is still under development so there are many things missing but all the essentials are there to make the business roll. Rentle is developing new features in a rapid phase so the features missing now, might be there tomorrow.

4 years ago

Hi Lasse, thank you for the review and partnership so far.

Ben
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

TheRecoveryClub

5.0 last month New

Comments: We are very happy with Twice commerce and would definitely recommend to anybody looking to set up a rental website similar to ours. It is easy to use and quick to set up, with good advice offered when help is needed.

Pros:

We liked the ease of the website. We looked around for the right provider and found Twice to be the best around for the price. It is easy to use, easy to set up and there is plenty of help on offer should you need it.

Cons:

Occasionally the website can be hit and miss. It hasn’t been a problem for us yet, but we feel we may have lost out on a couple of rentals from the rental calendar having a bug

Gary
Boat Dude in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Helped us get started, but not a long term solution

Comments: Fast to get started. Great to be able to get basic functionality online in less than a day. Support has been good. But ultimately lack or pricing flexibility, payment provider limitations and costs. and inventory management limitations make this a short term solution for us.

Pros:

Fast to set up and use. Low learning curve. Works well for what it is.

Cons:

Extremely limited pricing capabilities. Can't set different prices for different times of year or day.of week. This has cost us thousands in lost revenue. Can't take a boat out of service for scheduled time (routine maintenance). Boat is either in service or out of service and Can't for example take it out of inventory for Tue and Wed without blocking it for the entire future. Have to resort to work arounds like fake bookings. Rentle adds an additional surcharge on top of Stripe fees, which are already high. Can't select my own payment processor. Reporting is extremely limited.

2 years ago

Thank you Gary for taking the time to write us feedback, we really appreciate it! I've just checked with our product team and introducing more flexible ways to price your products as well as improvements to our inventory management are high priority on our roadmap. Today we have released support for choosing whether to renting or selli your products which already introduces a lot of flexibility when creating your product catalogue. Hopefully we are able to release the improvements you are waiting for very soon. We will keep you updated. Best, Joel

ICT Director in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Articulate Order Management Solution

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Twice Commerce has a focused inventory management solution, which brings accountability.

Cons:

Twice Commerce is professional, and it articulates all the inventory management solutions.

Henry
General Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Simple, easy to use and powerful.

Comments: Online Reservation and Checkout system that keeps track of inventory to prevent overbookings.

Pros:

It is easy to create and customize products. The WordPress plugin keeps customers on our site, and products display is ideal.

Cons:

I would like to see more integrations with "Make"(integromat) and/or Zapier to better improve customer experience when reservations are rescheduled, cancelled, etc. for triggers to happen and work with other apps such as ActiveCampaing, GoogleSheets, etc.

11 months ago

Many thanks for your feedback, Henry! We really appreciate it :) More custom integrations is something we want to enable in the future, for instance with introducing new triggers to select from in our webhooks. Feel free to keep an eye on our product updates to not miss out on anything:https://updates.rentle.io/

Owner in Belgium
Events Services, Self Employed

Using as rental tool for sound/light company.

Comments: Overall I'm very happy with Rentle. I love using is, it's very easy. That's also the reason I'm willing to pay the more expensive subscription, because I can't think of doing my job without it.

Pros:

I started with Rental when they had a very cheap subscription, so it was the best tool for the buck. It is very slick in looks and is very easy to use. In a couple of minutes I managed to create my first products and could publish the online shop on my WordPress website. When I had questions, I got a really fast response of the support team. I even had 2 videomeetings with them, so they are really into giving good support.

Cons:

I still miss the ability to create packages with multiple devices of the same product. This moment you can create packages, but with only 1 item of each product. I contacted the support team and they ensured that they were working on a revised packaging system. I'm really looking forward to that update. Second bummer was the update in subscription model. This made Rentle for me (as a very low user) way more expensive. For the options I need, I have to go to a higher tier. Luckily I get a 50% discount because of the low amount of rentals I register, but it's still a lot more expensive than it was. At the moment it sits in the same price range as other competitors and is cheaper than the expert tool Rentman which is made for companies as mine, but of course it has less possibilities than Rentman.

2 years ago

Thank you Tim for your feedback and glad to hear you are happy with Rentle. We are really looking forwards to updating the package product feature and will let you know as soon as the improvement is released. //Joel

Lewis
Treasurer in UK
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Software, Perfect for my Needs

Pros:

From the start, the software was very intuitive and easy to use; I could start adding products straight away. The professional-looking storefront is an immediate attraction to the software as this represents my business. While slightly confusing at first, differentiating between products, articles, and SKUs is very logical and has helped to organise my inventory.

Cons:

There are a few annoyances that you might expect for software in development. Things like: in your inventory, when changing which columns to view, you would expect this to be a permanent change as then you're only viewing the information that's important to you; the ability to add specifications to an article is great, however it would be really useful is these could then be shown on each product as well; Finally, the ability to add more than one custom field at checkout would enable me to get more info from a customer, before placing their order. These are only very minor gripes at what is a truly amazing piece of software that is really making a difference in the e-commerce world.

2 years ago

Hi Lewis, thank you for your review and comments! And also thanks for the feedback, even the minor gripes are very much appreciated by our product team.

Michal
Project Manager in Czechia
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Bike-Rental.cz's review on Twice Commerce

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The simplicity is what we appreciated the most about Twice Commerce, really simple and good looking UI that doesn't look like from the early 2000's. We can really simply and even bit entertaining way manage our products, send invoices, and get our customers to simply rent our e-bikes. Also I must say that today we needed communication with the support and in matter of minutes we got a nice response back, no waiting, no need to stop our process of working.

Cons:

There isn't much to dislike about Twice Commerce, basically everything that I covered in the things I like about Twice Commerce are the only important ones that me and our company needs.

Andreas
photographer and owner in Switzerland
Photography, 2–10 Employees

professional rental shop

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

support is great and very good functionality

Cons:

I miss video integration to showcase products and services better than with words and pictures

Martin
CEO in Sweden
Machinery, Self Employed

Very active development, which has both pros and cons

Comments: When I started my rental business there wasn't really any alternative to Rentle but as I started using them, I realized that it was exactly what I was looking for - a turn-key solution to start renting out equipment, without any up-front costs and quick to get started with. Although there were a couple of features I would like to have it did all I needed it to, and during the time I've used Rentle most of these features have been added. Customer service is great to work with and if they can settle on a pricing model there's very little I can complain about.

Pros:

The developers are very active and listen closely to their customers, and they implement and improve features constantly. The integration with either WordPress or a simple, static HTML is very straight forward. Every time I've had a question or concern Rentle was quick to reply and always took my issue seriously. I've even had online meetings with representatives from Rentle where I could elaborate on my issue or idea in more detail. Implementing credit card payment was a little bit finicky initially but once I got it set up it's working without issues. The service/software is very flexible, and you can customize it quite a lot to suit your needs. Initially there were a couple of features I needed but over the 12-18 months I've been using the software Rentle has added a lot of these features.

Cons:

At times it feels like the developers are adding and changing too much which makes it difficult to keep up with new features and functionality, both for me as an admin and for my customers. This also results in a somewhat messy and inconsistent admin interface. Some settings are under Settings, others under Account, and some have their own item in the menu. When the inventory functionality was redone a link to Inventory was added in the Availability settings for a product with the text "Connect this product to inventory" but when clicking that link, I just get sent to the inventory management screen. There is other minor stuff like this that all add up making it at times pretty frustrating and confusing to use the admin interface. Pricing is also something I'm not especially pleased with as they've changed that three times during my 12-18 months of using the software. The current model is a fixed price per month which has a bigger impact on me as a small business than the previous model that charged a fee per booking.

2 years ago

Hi Martin and thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We're constantly working on improving the experience for our clients. Reach out via the in-app chat if there is anything you need help with! Kind regards, Polina

Jari
Owner in Finland
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Own experience - bike rentals but in winter more rental activities to customers

Comments: Good software and development work is continuing so in future software is more diverse and give more possibilities to end users and to customers.
Customer service is perfect!

Pros:

The base elements was already made and product (software) was ready to use when we started. Nice and clear operating system, App for users, automatic payments etc. This product is still under development and it is nice to be "involved partly to development brainstorming". If we have some ideas or needs for new functions to system, quite often we also get these.

Cons:

We need more filters for functionality what is specified or focused to some special end users ---- like for skiing centers (shoe size, age of customer etc). We can easily live with these functions but these are extra for us. Of course for example skiing centers can have own opinions what is necessary for them and what is not.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review, Jari! We are proud to work with companies like yours. Your suggestions are valued and we are glad you are happy with the results.

Miika
CEO in Finland
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Fast deploy solution

Comments: Overall we have seen beneficial to use Rentle, a way more cheap than the other if your business is smaall

Pros:

Easy to manage if all rentals are done with Rentle. Customer support has been excellent.

Cons:

If some rentals are for some reason done outside Rentle, it is not easy to manage those without making the reservation with Rentle (and paying the comission). Location management / shared products could be better.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review, Miika! We are happy to see our clients receive the benefits of Rentle.

Daniela
Managmerin in Germany

the first review

Comments: I have not had much experience, I have been trying to configure and understand the program for 2 months. I find it quite practical and easy compared to the previous program (booqable). Especially the question of changing data in the reservations and configuration of the products.

Pros:

is very convenient for making reservations the setup is quite practical and easy to understand. The staff is always there when I need them and they are practical and efficient.

Cons:

the dashboard: would add a weekly and monthly view of bookings Account staff: I would add the name of the person Another disadvantage of the program is that it does not take into account the importance of German customers with respect to the data that an official bill must contain for companies or institutions in this country, specifically the address.

3 years ago

Thank you, Daniela. We are very happy you are finding Rentle easy to use, keep up the great work. The German customers are very important to us and some of those requests have been rolling out. We are happy to help you have another great season.

ELIYA
Founder in UK
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Simple interface, easy to understand and outstanding customer service.

Comments: We are a small business. We operate at a physical shop and via Instagram. We realized we can improve our sales if we bring our rental platform online, and Rentle provides us just that. It allows us to operate online and send deliveries via post. Customers no longer need to visit our physical store to rent items.

Pros:

First of all, I appreciate that Rentle provides a platform for small businesses to try the market and grow. Its free trial contains functional features that allow small businesses to operate the system properly. To us, we appreciate this function and will opt for the paid services once we reach a threshold of growth that enables us to invest more on the system. Its customer services is outstanding. Even when we are not paying customers (on free trial) we received incredible support from the team. This allows us to understand the system better and use all features for our business. The interface is convenient for customers. It is easy to set up and easy for us to understand.

Cons:

There are some features that can be improved. The system is created with sports equipments in mind, so most features are targeted towards that. For example, the customer information that can be collected from customers is limited to those related to sports. It can be better if the questions are more general or perhaps, some forms can be left blanks to allow administrators to ask their own questions.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review, Eliya! We are glad you see how receptive we are to the needs and wants of our clients. We hope you like the improvements and thank you for the feedback.

Rudy
CEO in Greece

Ski rental made easy

Comments: Our rental workflow in two rental stations got digitized with Rentle with an ease and we could speed up our turn over time in instore rentals although our staff is not too much into computers!

Pros:

- easy integration in our daily workflow- easy shop integration in existing website- quick and efficient handling of in store rentals

Cons:

Nothing to complain about the operation and integration!

last year

Many thanks for your feedback - we really appreciate it!

Becky
Sustainability Project Manager in UK
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Straight forward tool and highly supportive team at Rentle!

Pros:

Product is very easy to use, support is always on hand from the team/support chat function and customers love it!

Cons:

To be able to extend/add products to a booking and send payment request to customer who has already made a booking would be a beneficial feature!

10 months ago

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Becky! It is great to read, you like Rentle and appreciate our support - We sure love to help :)

Alejandro
Owner in US
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Awesome Tool for Rentals

Pros:

Easy to use, really good at explaining during onboarding. Highly recommended for rental inquiries.

Cons:

There’s nothing to complain nor discuss about all is perfect for me.

last year

Hi Alejandro, Many thanks for the review - it is much appreciated :) Please let us know anytime in the support chat if there is anything we can help you with! Kind regards, Bianka

Thibaut
Marketing Manager in Belgium
Sports, 51–200 Employees

Impressive Rental Software

Comments: The Customer Service of this product is fantastic. We have a very specific product that we're renting out in a very specific way, so we know we're not the easiest customer, but Rentle is very open to every question and is always thinking together with us for a solution.

Pros:

You can create ghost products (that use the same inventory), you can add service time, choose the rental duration, start dates, extra rules when rentals should be made and that for each category. Those were all impressive features that we really need

Cons:

Setting up the rental shop for the first time is a steep learning curve, but once you've got the hang of it, it is very easy to use. There are some other details that you need to set up beforehand because changing afterwards isn't easy, but the Customer Service and the openness that Rentle has makes it an always evolving product.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review, Thibaut! We are very excited to work with companies who are doing exciting things in their Industries. We are overjoyed with the way you and your team are finding ways to get the most out of Rentle.

Sports, 201–500 Employees

Easy rentals with easy Rentle

Comments: Product suggestions - cross-selling our different products and services is the best in class.

Pros:

Ease of use. You don't need days of training to teach new rental shop crew to start working with the system.

Cons:

Integrations to our existing systems. Always room for improvement.

3 years ago

Thank you for the feedback! We are always trying to aim higher and provide more value for our customers!

Jari
owner in Finland
Sports, Self Employed

Online booking available for small businesses as well, now it's easy.

Comments: I use Rentle as an online service for my small canoe rental business. I've been considering implementing an online booking system for years. However, all the programs I've tried have been too complicated and required coding.

Pros:

The implementation of online booking was really easy and logical. A special mention goes to enabling online payments; it has never been this easy.

Cons:

Perhaps there could be various "How to" videos available. Understanding things from a video is easier than from written text, especially when it comes to different language versions.

10 months ago

Many thanks for your feedback, Jari! Great to read you found the initial setup easy :) I am happy to let you know, that we will add more and more video tutorials in the future. let us know any time you have additional feedback or any questions! Best, Bianka

Bianca
Owner in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

Happy Customer for Kayak and Paddle Board Rentals

Comments: I have reached out to customer service several time and have gotten a timely and helpful response. I have had a great experience with this company.

Pros:

Easy for me to implement and easy for my customers to use.

Cons:

Would like to be able to attach a rental agreement customers must sign prior to payment. Then I could keep digital files attached to each rental.

Hi Bianca! Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it Best, Joel

Jeroen
Owner in Sweden
Hospitality, Self Employed

Quick and easy

Comments: Hands on and fast answers!

Pros:

Super easy to implement and quick support

Cons:

Nothing so far xxx

3 years ago

Jeroen, Thank you for the review! We will continue to do our best to make renting fast and easy for all rental businesses. We are happy to win your business and we will do our very best to keep you happy.

Olli
Salesman in Finland

Rentle Review

Pros:

Easy to use. Good customer interface. fast

Cons:

Does not send any warning if if you do something wrong. (extend rental time...)

4 years ago

Thank you for your kind review, Olli! It's nice to hear how many great experiences with Rentle you are having. The cons you mentioned (are currently in development, and will be addressed as we allow customers to extend their rentals.) We hope you join our beta test group for this feature.

Jenni
myymäläpäällikkö in Finland
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to create new products. Clear software.

Cons:

Software is a bit slow when you have lot of products in it.

4 years ago

Hi Jenni and thank you for your review! Happy to see that you find the software clear and easy to use. We are actively trying to upgrade the performance of the software and some of them have already been rolled out. Hopefully, these upgrades will help you even further! :)