• Overall

About Centercode

The leading platform for scaling the customer and employee testing efforts of enterprise and high-growth technology companies.

Learn more about Centercode

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Centercode before?

T ryan A.
T ryan A.
sr research analyst in U.S.
Construction, 201-500 Employees

Product Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall I am very happy with Centercode and would recommend them to any customer research group looking to conduct Alpha, Beta, or Field testing.

Pros:

Centercode is an excellent tool that helps Bluebeam organize test participants and run multiple simultaneous customer validation projects. Being able to use data science to turn the "voice of the customer" into actionable business intelligence has made our products better and helped foster a sense of cooperation and trust between Bluebeam and our Customers.

Cons:

The administrative interface takes a while to get used to. I was a DBA for several years so the "data model" and filtering make sense to me, but for some of our design and product users the ability to review feedback has been a struggle.

Stephen B.
User Experience Designer in Canada

Centercode review

4 2 years ago

Comments: We have a centralized place for interacting with our customers, the tool helps create a focal point for this interaction. Due to the flexibility of the tool, we can integrate other components we need to complete our workflow like Jira, file attachments, links to surveys, etc. I use some of the advanced features, when I have time to figure them out (i.e. tasks), so that is also great. Also Centercode provides excellent, responsive support to any questions we have.

Pros:

Great forums, work on many devices (computers, tablets, etc) Love the integration with Jira, helps get items in our backlog Love the ability to host files, attachments Love the 'tasks' feature for users (though I wish it was simpler) also love the reports feature (though I wish it was simpler) I love the ability to get data on our participants

Cons:

Forum usage, admin, etc. is quite straight forward; however, ease of use for all the extra features is very, very low. Even creating tasks involves many steps that are not always clear. I would like to use CC to generate surveys but again, it is too complex so I use Survey Monkey instead. Also I wish reports were much simpler and faster to generate because the data within them is so valuable.

Simeon D.
Manager, Program Management in U.S.
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Centercode increased my value to the organization

5 2 years ago

Comments: Centercode has increased the value my department brings to the organization:
-Resolving user experience issues
-Resolving technical issues with planned maintenance updates, reducing customer impact
-Help manage large enterprise testing programs with up to 5K employee testers
-Experiment with new products and services to identify marketing and improvement opportunities
-Employees reported over 1K unique issues over the past 6 Months
-Easy to establish bi-directional communications with testers
-Easy to automate communications and messaging to keep testers engaged and informed

Pros:

Centercode makes it very easy to establish two-way communication, post notices and follow-ups, with participants. Speed is essential to triage critical impacting issues. Centercode makes it easy to manage the feedback loop and track individual communications in a central repository. The use of automated messaging increases participant engagement. Automate messaging helps to reduce PM communication workload to notify participants/internal members of critical fix/updates on reported issues and to communicate important information.

Cons:

I dislike lease the user data import form. The more complex our projects become, the greater the need to append different types of data to participant project profile for faster triage. The import process is cumbersome, and does not work well with large amounts of data. It does not provide sufficient error messaging to alert user of specific issues with imported data.

Holger R.
Specialist Test Project Coordinator in Germany

Our main working platform, overall quite satisfied

5 2 years ago

Comments: As already mentioned above, the platform delivers us everything, we usually need. And they are going on enhancing it with new features and improvements quite often. Because of the wide selection of features and functionalities, it was not that easy to use at the beginning, but we got a good training then. If there is something wrong (a bug or if I do not understand something), the Centercode team is very quick, professional and nice.

Pros:

Mighty tool: User management, communication, surveys, feedback management, release distribution, providing activation keys etc. We usually can do everything for our tests in the Centercode platform. The support is very fast and the people working there are professional and nice. Also, customizable. We were able to whitelable it quite good (custom CSS, custom string sets, banners, colors, ...).

Cons:

Sometimes, we struggle with bugs. But those are mostly fixed very fast and the support provides good workarounds.

Gene P.
Customer Validation Manager in U.S.
Consumer Electronics, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great tool for managing your customer validation tests

5 2 years ago

Comments: Support from CC has always been prompt and efficient. If you need additional help such as creating reports that you just don't have time to do, you can purchase service credits to get that work done. Their management is always listening to customers to see how they can improve.

Pros:

The tool allows you to manage your testers, their tasks and survey results all in one tool. Everything from getting the testers to complete their profile to recruiting them to specific tests if very simple.

Cons:

Scoring our testers has been a challenge and understanding how much a tester is participating is something that we have had to manage with PowerBi.

Mark T.
Beta test manager in Netherlands
Consumer Electronics, 10,000+ Employees

Centercode for Beta testing

5 2 years ago

Comments: Centercode is embedded in our organization. It has become the standard for Alpha and Beta testing projects. The efficiency of Centercode is fantastic. Once people experienced it, they recognize the efficiency and great tools and options and love to make use of it.

Pros:

I’m capable to guide a large tester community (>2500 tester) in multiple test projects.

Cons:

Setting up new projects from scratch, defining all authorities of testers. That’s a lot of work with many hidden settings-menus.

Dolores T.
Program Manager in U.S.
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Customer Database Content

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I like this tool, but like any tool we still feel it needs to modify some of features that we use daily

Pros:

I like the way I can use filters to pull specific information based on the questionnaire we provide testers

Cons:

Not all features are intuitive. Meeting with the teams who use this tool daily will bring an improved prospective as to what could be improved.

Dan M.
Head of Customer Success in U.S.
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Great tool for testing new products; great customer validation expertise

5 2 years ago

Comments: We are using Centercode for Alpha and Beta testing a new product. The team is very experienced and responsive. The platform is a tool. It does take a lot of expertise to use the tools at maximum potential. Overall the team and product have met our needs and we will be using them with other testing programs.

Pros:

Intuitive interface; lots of ways to slice and dice information; good to facilitate discussions within communities; easy to offer feedback; good report generation

Cons:

would be nice to have template reports; easier way to sort and prioritize ranked topics; would like multi-language support (Spanish, French, Japanese)

Drew M.
Computer Networking, 201-500 Employees

Solid features, but clunky user experience

3 2 years ago

Pros:

I appreciate that Centercode makes it easy to invite beta participants, manage reports bugs and suggestions and add tasks and reminders for participants.

Cons:

Many features are difficult to find and use, and don't seem to be intuitively organized. For example, all features relating to sending emails to participants should be in one place.

Sagar D.
Principal Program Manager in Australia
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

UI needs to be more intuitive

3 2 months ago New

Pros:

Me and my collegues were able to get through the support easily got the resolution we were requesting. Chat bot helps as well.

Cons:

UI not intuitive. For some one like me who is not very used to this software, need to spend a lot of time to get things done

Jocelyn P.
Sr. Director, Audience Research in U.S.

Initial pilot feedback

4 2 months ago New

Comments: The Centercode team was great to work with and I believe we have started to create a great foundation for our partnership moving forward. The program we piloted was challenging and we ran into some unforeseen challenges but the team remained positive, creative and committed to getting the best possible results.

Pros:

Ease of use and ability to quickly communicate to testing community to encourage engagement and gather feedback.

Cons:

For our purposes, the weekly reports seemed like a little bit of overkill but I can see where the level of detailed information would be valuable in a more 'typical' program. It would be nice if the output could be more tailored based on the program but that may be because we purchased the 'off the shelf' program initially.

Alternatives Considered: UserTesting

Reasons for Switching to Centercode: Felt it was a more comprehensive product/program with team available to ensure success. Centercode is a market leader and has great customers so this made us feel confident with our decision.

Le' darien D.
Sr. Customer Experience Analyst in U.S.
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A great product with even greater support

4 2 years ago

Comments: When I first began using Centercode, I had not built a relationship with their support and relied solely on the suggested methods of the people in my role before me. At that time, I was not a fan of Centercode and felt the platform was cumbersome; however, once I reached out to Centercode I learned that many of the things I was taught internally were not the right way of doing things and the support TRULY retrained me into how to work with the product. Once I removed my learned bad habits, it changed everything and I am in love with this tool and what it can do. Using this product correctly (which is a loose term, because once you know what it can do, there are so many ways you can use it) has saved me time and my company money and has improved customer engagement in testing.

Pros:

The greatest feature of the platform is the customization and custom automation. If you put in the work to seek what can be done, you will find plenty of ways to automate or simplify so many things. The support is very helpful in getting you on the right path, as well.

Cons:

My only real complaint about the platform is the process of implementing complex filters. At the time of this writing, creating a complex filter requires cycling through filtering, implementing the filter, then filtering again, etc. In speaking with Centercode, they are already in works of improving this process to be more streamlined and I am confident that will improve this.

Alex L.
Beta Program Manager in U.S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees

Indispensable Tool for Beta Programs

5 last year

Comments: Centercode helps my team and I keep up with increasing demands for customer insights and pre-release feedback. It's a productivity multiplier, allowing one experienced user to accomplish about 4X as much as they'd be able to do without it. While the price is on the higher end for what you get, their support is fantastic and the program-building advice and guidance you get from their customer success team is an often under-appreciated value add.

Pros:

Breadth of features is truly impressive. There's so much that Centercode can do that sometimes it's almost overwhelming. If you can dream it, there's a good chance Centercode can do it - it just might take some creativity in working around limitations.

Cons:

The new user experience from a project admin standpoint is tough. There's so much to learn. I usually dedicate at least a week to just Centercode training when I onboard a new team member, and even then, there are so many small details that you don't really figure out until you've already made a mistake.

Marc B.
Software Project Coordinator / Beta Coordinator in U.S.
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Extremely valuable software

5 2 years ago

Comments: It is very easy for our support team to contact the customers and report back on the issues they reported.

Pros:

This software is an extremely valuable program for running a Customer Validation Program. It make recruiting easy and provides a great method for users to report any issues they may encounter. It is easy to respond back to them with our findings and solutions. Centercode support is extremely friendly and helpful anytime we have questions for them.

Cons:

It can be a little cumbersome to setup initially.

Tyler A.
Principal Program Manager in U.S.
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Centercode Review

Comments: • Track beta customer enrollment
• Facilitate communication with beta customers
• Systematically collect and respond to beta feedback
• Reporting and visibility of beta feedback
• Deliver customer specific test builds
• Deliver beta documentation and help guides

Pros:

First, and foremost, the embedded customer service feature is fantastic. I also appreciate the ability to customize welcome message (HTML capable), and email templates.

Cons:

Often confusing how to customize roles, permissions, or visibility of certain features. This can also be a strength, but it isn't always intuitive how to configure without thorough review of documentation or reaching out to the

Manoj J.

Amazing Team - Well integrated platform

4 last year

Comments: Excellent Team to work with, b ig community to capture your feedback.

Pros:

Ease of integration with the enterprise databases, bug management system and how to categorize those issues so that user don't see duplicates.

Cons:

Few survey drafting features need improvement. Those are corner cases and everyone may not need those.

Mazen A.
Beta Project Engineer in U.S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 Employees

A complex yet simplifying tool (with even more potential)

4 2 years ago

Pros:

The ease of use from a user's perspective

Cons:

The missing abilities I expected from the tool

Mick B.
Community Manager in Germany
Music, 201-500 Employees

Centercode has been a great help

4 2 years ago

Comments: Beta testing with wide groups of external people

Pros:

Lots of customization possibilities that are possible

Cons:

Onboarding new colleagues can be clunky, as some things are not as straight forward as expected

Monika A.
Sr director customer experience in U.S.
Consumer Electronics, 10,000+ Employees

works

4 2 years ago

Comments: it's ok

Pros:

Works to help us source beta users. We're able to get more users using centercode

Cons:

Hard to navigate sometimes when looking at things customers write in

Johnathan M.
Product Operations Manager in U.S.

Solid beta program platform

4 8 months ago

Pros:

The ability to configure a beta and the amount of functionality and features is comprehensive.

Cons:

It has a steep learning curve and the integrations require us to commit cycles to development work.

Julia P.
Julia P.
Principal Program Manager in U.S.
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Centercode SaaS Platform

5 2 years ago

Comments: Centercode is used for our Enterprise Software betas - I've been very pleased with the ability to provide a 24x7 support platform for our beta testers to find information, access code and request assistance. I'm also able to report on feedback items to ensure timely responses.

Pros:

The flexibility, data capture and reporting

Cons:

Would like more included APIs to easily integrate with other systems

Chris M.
Customer Engagement Lead in U.S.
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

My #1 Software Product

5 2 years ago

Comments: We've used Centercode for over 10 years now for pre-release validation of the majority of our software products; it enables us to quickly identify design/implementation/quality issues & ensure that they are addressed prior to release. We always release with confidence. More importantly it has been a vital mechanism for us to establish some extremely critical business relationships with our customers. Without Centercode our ability to engage with our customers would be severely limited. I consider it to be mission critical for us. Our relationship with Centercode has been mutually beneficial; we enjoy a very close relationship & this results in our enhancement & support requests being resolved in a very timely manner. The whole ethos of this company & their resulting products & services cannot be understated; this starts with the CEO & runs throughout the company. A real pleasure to partner with them.

Pros:

Centercode is infinitely configurable especially with the most recent integration capabilities. It's always the first software product I go to when challenged with a new way to engage with our customers. Invariably when others can't find the answers/info they need from "their" systems I can use the Centercode capabilities to achieve the desired results.

Cons:

Quite a steep learning curve for new users.

Brandon G.
Consumer Electronics, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent Customer Validation Solution

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have seen a huge increase in the amount of customer feedback received during our alpha, beta, and pilot phases. This has led to a large reduction in negative experiences downstream after product launch. We've been able to save money, improve overall NPS scores on particular products, and take our offerings to the next level. This is all because we were able to catch issues earlier on in the development cycle, thanks to Centercode making it easy to interact with our customers.

Pros:

I loved the overall feature set that Centercode came with, even at the lower subscription tiers. There are countless ways to customize the software, and that lends itself heavily to the overall positive impact that I had using the software. Not only that, the customer service is TOP NOTCH. I have never had a poor interaction with Centercode's support team. They are, hands down, one of the best that I've interacted with. They sincerely care about their customers and their success.

Cons:

The learning curve can be somewhat high, but I think that's more a result of how one implements the software in their organization, rather than Centercode being hard to learn. That being said, to get the full value of Centercode, it did take me a while to get the hang of it.

John B.
Senior Program Manager in U.S.
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product with extensive features and incredible customer support!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Centercode is a great product. We were initially in search of a platform that would allow us to distribute BETA product software builds to external program participants. The search lead us to Centercode which provided the basic functionality we needed plus so much more. Fast forward almost seven years later and we are using Centercode to completely manage our Product Validation Program including BETA release distribution, tester management, feedback collection, bug tracking and reporting.

Pros:

- BETA release management including attachments and download tracking - Feedback forms with customizable fields - Communication options with email templates - User (tester) segregation via groups ("Teams") - Data export options including reports and email ("External Destinations") - Site configuration with custom branding ("Visual Themes") - First class, top-notch, incredible customer support team!

Cons:

Customer support is typically only available during US West Coast (GMT-7) business hours

James S.
Technical Marketing Engineer in U.S.
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

CenterCode Review

5 last year

Comments: Excellent people to work with. Always prompt, courteous, and professional to deal with.

Pros:

Excellent collaboration tool with our beta customers. Tool is the back bone at how we interact and collect data from our beta customer testers

Cons:

The reporting module really needs some help. It is almost unusable as it is impossible to manipulate / customize look and feel of charts and tables into usable / publishable reports. The tool needs the ability to export report data into customized PowerPoint template. Because of the reporting limitations, I typically export the data out into CSV files and then manipulate it in Excel as work around. This creates extra work on my part as I have to hand build weekly beta reports in PowerPoint using the Excel charts and tables. I see this as the biggest limitation with the tool. If Centercode can improve this then the tool would get 5 / 5 stars easily.