15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Payoneer

Cross-border payment processing solution that enables businesses to manage global payments securely.

Learn more about Payoneer

Pros:

The service is very good, easy to use and already available in several languages.

Cons:

Next to no tech support. Inconsistent information on problem-solving, Found it difficult to set up an account also.

Payoneer ratings

4.3
3.9
4.3
4.1

8.0/10

Payoneer has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 682 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Payoneer before?

Archna
Archna
Special Correspondent in India
Media Production, 501–1,000 Employees

Very low fees, more features and easy to setup.

Comments: Besides of my Job, I am doing Freelancing and other micro jobs in the same field(News and Media Production) and Payoneer is helping me to receive payments very easily. I have found Payoneer to be much cheaper as compared to its competitors. The payments get settled in my local Bank account automatically without much delay.

Pros:

The best thing about Payoneer is its very low fees compared to its competitors. The process of setting up Payoneer has been simplified in last few years, it now requires very less user information and becomes ready to receive payments. Payoneer provides virtual bank accounts of several popular currencies like USD, GBP, EUR, HKD etc. to receive payments from other businesses. I can simply give my Bank account details like Account Number, Routing number and Bank Name to receive payments from my freelancing and side business. Also, Payoneer can be integrated with several other platforms to receive payments. The best thing is the payments get settled in my Bank account in my local currency next day.

Cons:

The Customer Support service of Payoneer needs to be improved. The Support team takes so long to respond to urgent queries and even after that, they take so long to fix the problems. Another problem with Payoneer is that I can only use the virtual Bank accounts provided by them to receive funds from business accounts. Means, only business payments are allowed and local domestic transfers are not allowed.

Ana Clara
Administrative director in Brazil
Higher Education Software, Self Employed

Payoneer: The best software

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I like Payoneer. Thanks to it, I can receive my money for work on foreign platforms (and most of these platforms use it), in addition, I can be sure that my bank details are safe. The $20 fee is fair, in my opinion. And the more I use it, the more I like the non-bureaucratic ease of using the app.

Pros:

I definitely love Payoneer, because thanks to it I can receive payments from foreign companies in a more secure and non-bureaucratic way, as Payoneer is simple to use. The website/app interface is uncomplicated and intuitive, making it easy for a layman like me to use. And payments have a small fee, which makes it more advantageous than other platforms.

Cons:

I definitely love Payoneer, however, the customer support needs to be faster. Because when I enter some wrong information more than once, they block my account temporarily (I know this is for security), but when I contact support to clarify, most of the messages are automatic, and not from some real/human consultant to solve. This makes me irritated, it takes something that was supposed to be simpler.

Theresa
Founder in US
Legal Services, Self Employed

Payoneer Wrongly Withholds Payments it is Obligated to Pay

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My first interaction with Payoneer: 4-16-2020, I received an email: "Your request to get payments from (omitted) is under review" with a customer ID. Payoneer approved request: no added information requested.
Despite being called a “customer” by Payoneer, my only relationship is with (omitted)—Payoneer is used as a payment processor. On 2-21-2024, I was notified by (omitted) and Payoneer by email I was due a payment.
From 2-28-2024, I contacted Payoneer MANY times to get the payment: Payoneer’s site stated it should have been issued to me without further action.
Payoneer failed to remedy the issue OR issue payment, and then demanded my Personally Protected Information, which I refused to provide.
On 3-15-2024, I contacted the Better Business Bureau: I reported Payoneer’s bad and unlawful conduct, I demanded Payoneer send payment owed to me, as well as $208.33 for my time and labor spent resolving the matter.
Only after the public BBB complaint did Payoneer send payment ($208.33 was not included): Payoneer employee “ [sensitive content hidden]” was unprofessional, rude, and continued to make materially misleading and false misrepresentations…Payoneer claimed I was to blame for Payoneer’s failures; they alleged falsely I failed to use the correct email address.
Payoneer cannot balance its budget and increase profits by wrongly withholding funds it is obligated to pay. This is what Payoneer did between Black History Month and Women's History Month in 2024. Good Riddance!

Pros:

Nothing. Payoneer is a company that should be quickly and swiftly investigated for flouting U.S. laws and requiring users to publicly shame Payoneer before Payoneer will engage meaningfully and resume talks to resolve payment issues.

Cons:

Once I reported Payoneer to BBB for wrongfully withholding funds they quickly began communicating with me (they had been ignoring me prior to the public complaint on BBB).

Nizar
Data Steward in Tunisia
Pharmaceuticals, 501–1,000 Employees

My Number 1 Choice Recieving/Sending money!

Comments: Step by Step Payoneer became my Main and only way to recieve money and make online payments.

Pros:

It's easy to use , you don't have to go to a physical agency to create an account and get your card you can do everything online , it's fast and secure.

Cons:

There is a number of countries that you cannot deliver a physical card to, also some sites don't have the option of paying using Payoneer

Peter
CEO in Nigeria
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

The best payment service provider for international payments is Payoneer

Comments: It has been a good experience with them here in Nigeria.

Pros:

A great platform for making and receiving payments is Payoneer. When Payoneer is supported, we can send and receive money from any nation to any other. Payoneer is quick, safe, and dependable.

Cons:

I would say that I objected to their exorbitant prices. Even though it might only be my local exchange rate, it's still a fantastic platform for transacting in other currencies.

Graphics designer in Ghana
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

How Payoneer saved me from PayPal when I almost lost all my freelancing earnings

Comments: Easy to send and receive money within and outside locally or internationally with your US bank account or peer to peer transactions between users

Pros:

Payoneer is easy to use, easy to set up. The security is high. You need to under go some security checking before you can use the service and that's good because of online scams and fraud

Cons:

The annual charges is too high and they used look into it, I use other e-wallet but Payoneer stood out. The charge is high but I am enjoying the platform.

Ricardo
Marketing in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Easy set up and quick payouts

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I liked how I could quickly set my account for payments up.

Cons:

Not all my customers accept or pay with this.

Computer Software, Self Employed

ideal for receiving payments from companies

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very good, the first time I received payments they were fast and I paid very easily with my card in international stores without hidden costs, very economical

Pros:

Ease of receiving payments, it is very easy to link the account to receive the money quickly

Cons:

Not everyone uses Payoneer and many times you need to withdraw the money to be able to send it through another service

john
CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great for sending payments to different countries!

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have used them for over 3 years and have not had any issues with them in sending payments.

Pros:

When I have to send a payment to a remote worker, Payoneer is the preferred payment processor by many of them. It's reliable and pretty affordable. You also have the option to have the recipient pay the fee, or you can pay it. They accept a variety of payment sources, from bank accounts to cards.

Cons:

The fees could be a bit lower, but they are manageable.

Ignacio
Freelancer Translator in Brazil
Translation & Localization, Self Employed

Excellent option to receive payments from clients around the world!

Comments: Payoneer is a great platform for receiving payments from clients around the world. It's fast, reliable and very easy to use. You can get paid in many different currencies at a really fair service fee, and you have the option to use the money with a Mastercard prepaid card or by withdrawing it to your local account, which normally takes one or two days to deposit it. It's a great option with a great price for what is offered!

Pros:

Payoneer is the best alternative to receive payments in different currencies from clients around the world. As a freelancer or digital service provider you may deal with clients in many countries, and getting paid can be difficult and, specially, expensive. Not with Payoneer! They usually charge 1% from USD payments or even zero for EUR and GBP payments. Also, when you withdraw the money to your local account, you will usually pay a fee of only 2% on the mid-market foreign exchange fee and get it deposited in one or two days at the latest (I receive it in my Brazilian account, for reference). If you compare this to the industry most-famous player (PayPal), they charge like 6.5% when you get paid plus 3.5% on the foreign exchange fee. Plus, Payoneer offers a Mastercard prepaid card, so you can also use the money directly with the card, without having to withdraw it (although it will cost 3.5% on the foreign exchange fee, instead of 2%). Overall, it's a great and quite reliable platform! I've been using their services for around 5 years and never had a problem.

Cons:

Unfortunately, their Mastercard prepaid card doesn't work with Samsung Pay or Google Pay (at least not until now, September 2021), so you can't leave it at home and make your payments with an NFC device like your phone or smartwatch. Also, they still charge a fee of USD 29.00 per year for using this card. It made sense years ago, but with a higher competition and other platforms starting to offer similar services, this fee could be reduced or even eliminated based on your usage habits.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

One of the best options to receive international payments

Pros:

The best thing about Payoneer it that they have a perfect market fit. They are offering services that literally no one else provides which makes them the only service provider in some countries. Over the years they have improved the user experience greatly. Over time they have been securing more and more partnerships in my country of residence which is always great. The Mobile app and the Website interface have improved greatly over the years but there is still some ground to cover in that department.

Cons:

The support team is a little off. At times they are great and other times they fail to do things which should take only a few mins. The verification process for the payer and payee is very tedious and at times makes no sense. At times they would reject a document uploaded in the verification center and then accept the very same file on the next try which I could never honestly understand 😂 They were also a part of the Wirecard AG fiasco which resulted in funds for most of the Payoneer users being frozen and was a nightmare until it was resolved after a few days, but can't really blame them for the whole thing. Lastly they do not offer the best conversion rates.

Kate
President in Qatar
Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

Constantly Improving

Comments: We are generally satisfied with this product and will continue to use it for years to come.

Pros:

We started using Payoneer when it was still relatively new, now it's gone through a lot of updates and I see their drive to constantly improve and upgrade their services. I particularly like how easy to use the software is and how easily it integrates with other softwares. It's also very secure.

Cons:

I just wish they have their own built-in invoice maker.

jorge
jorge
Retail Sales Consultant in US
Import & Export, 51–200 Employees

international payment wallet

Comments: Payoneer in my view as a user is perfect when referring to several other payment processors, with the service of being able to send money to my account and they offer you many more services that are not available in the competition. It is a secure platform with easy handling when using. Another of the great advantages of payoneer is that you can receive payments from customers wherever they are and providing a good service, which does not charge a transfer fee because It only gives us an annual maintenance charge which I consider attractive to new entrepreneurs. Payoneer has a good customer service which makes it remarkable, to clarify and clear any doubt or problem that is presented to customers, as well as a forum where users support each other to get the best platform service which give it a great quality

Pros:

Pros What I find most attractive to payoneer is that the billing is monthly without charge for early cancellation what makes it attractive Free payments between Payoneer accounts which makes it interesting for employee nominee payments. The best for entrepreneurs and international companies. The Payoneer company is one of the main online payments that preexists in a safe and legal way which in terms of service is being adopted by number of users. Serving a great help to the loans with a great service with a MasterCard card that is sent to my address when fulfilling my registration. This card can be used on a large number of platforms to make payments including use to withdraw money from any local ATM network.

Cons:

For my point of view. One of the few problems that I find a payoneer is that the commission for using the physical master card is a little high when using it in an ATM, on the other hand also of the inactivity charges of the account since payoneer It charges you a small but not significant amount, if you don't see any movement made within a month. Stay within my liking that the payoneer company improves the payment director method that is performed between other payment platforms and payoneer for a better service between the two platforms and a better fast payment method when making any transfer between accounts . Although the customer response is slow they are attentive. I have nothing bad to say about dislikes with the use of payoneer, so far it is so good and easy to use. Payoneer is good for any commercial transaction

Anvyl
Anvyl
Guest Services in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

Payoneer - the new way of handling your money online

Comments: Payoneer allowed me to develop my business easily and simply by providing me all the support, guidance and material that I needed in order to start. Also, it is an easy to use platform and is pretty much self - explainable once you make the initial set up.

Pros:

Payoneer is a relatively new online platform for monetary transactions, sending and receiving funds. It is one of the best tools that I have used as it allows an easy account setup, multiple bank accounts attached to it and transactions in various currencies. This helps if you are working with business partners from abroad as they can easily transfer you the funds.

Cons:

The part where Payoneer lacks a bit is that it does not support some countries that actually make big fund movements and have a lot of freelancers. You cannot open an account, or more precisely - you cannot add a bank account from some Balkan countries, eastern Europe etc. and these regions are thriving with freelance work.

Design, 11–50 Employees

Payoneer Review

Pros:

The fact that I can receive multi currencies from any part of the world is thrilling.I can receive payments from various marketplaces (which include KDP) and also get paid by clients from freelancing sites in their desired currency especially in situations where PayPal options aren't considered or available.Payoneer instantly creates a bank account for me in US (where as I'm not a US citizen) and I can receive payments globally.

Cons:

In as much as payoneer is a great transaction tool, getting it all set up and running is pretty stressful.Even after registering with them and verifying my email, I couldn't get access to the bank details they created for me.I had to go to the website (initially I was using the app) to lay complaints and that was when I found out I couldn't get access to my bank details unless I've received payments of up to 50 USD.Honestly I didn't like the outcome.The bank details contains a routing number with which I could receive payments but I couldn't get access to it unless I've received a deposit and there was possibly no way I could receive any deposits without a routing number.Another payoneer user deposited 50USD to my payoneer account and that was how I got access to my bank details.I honestly suggest if the feature can be adjusted because sincerely speaking, the whole procedure was exhilarating and some users might end up not using payoneer but go for other options.

MD Abu
MD Abu
Administration Officer in Bangladesh
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

A great global payment support for our organization.

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied with the software. It has been a blessing for our organization for paying the freelancers for various official purposes.

Pros:

This payment tool supports almost all the countries in the world. It can add & save wallets in multiple currencies including providing bank details. They provide Visa/ Mastercard which can be used to make payments & many more. The software can be accessed from a cross-platform & can be integrated to receive payments from PayPal & make payments to the freelancers. Their verification system is also fast.

Cons:

There is no way to recover the account after any accidental issue. They ban the account without hearing anything from the user & don't give any scope to restore the account under any condition.

Anass
Anass
Data Scientist Student | Social Marketing Manager in Austria
Design, 2–10 Employees

Be Careful

Comments: I have been a customer of your platform for over 8 years, Yesterday I was notified that my account was closed without any reason & no Information about how I can withdraw my funds. I have contacted your support & I was told to come back after 3 months, without any explanation about my funds yet! I'll NOT wait 3 months, all the funds are transferred from my OWN Wise & Paypal Accounts, I'm not sure if you are waiting for me to open a dispute on myself?This is unacceptable & unprofessional, and you are not allowed to keep my money. Those are my life savings! it's what I use to pay for living expenses! I have worked hard to earn every penny & you hold everything.You are putting me at risk & causing serious damages to my life & my family that depends on me! I'll not let this slip through without any consequences. I need to access my funds as soon as possible otherwise I'll have to follow the Legal procedure and file a lawsuit and ask for damages, Including every hardship that im experiencing now[sensitive content hidden]

Pros:

Payoneer has been good around 2017-2020 but now they utterly scammers.

Cons:

Be careful, AVOID IT or you'll lose your life savings in a heartbeat. Customer Service is the worst i have seen.

Yaroslav
Yaroslav
CEO in Ukraine
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Blocked the account, almost destroyed my business, give fake deadlines, can't communicate internally

Comments: Blocked my account with a 5-digit number, then couldn't agree on what they need from me to unlock it, were giving me fake deadlines for unblocking and always failing them. Then admitted that "multiple departments are involved", that's why it takes them so long.They seem to be intentionally holding my money, without an apparent reason. I spoke to about 15 support managers, they all give me incoherent information and fake deadlines. It seems like they just want to win time.The timeline:1. 4 months ago, they asked to verify a bank account that I don't use it anymore. I contacted support 5-6 times, they promised to remove it but I kept receiving verification requests.2. I ordered their virtual card. They asked: provide a screenshot of your Amazon account. I answered: I don't work with Amazon anymore, now I work with my client M****** AG, and I am a contractor. They told me "then provide a screenshot of your account with M****** AG". Another support manager answered the same. They seem not to be able to grasp it that when you are a freelancer, you don't have an Amazon-type account with your clients. You just have a contract, and they pay you directly.3. Now, they blocked my account completely, with a 5-digit sum on it. And they can't agree on what they need from me to unblock it.4. They give me deadline of 8-6-3 hours to unlock it, and always fail it! Told me "your account is unlocked now" but "another departments need to go over and unlock it", still didn't happen.

Pros:

I could have receive payments easily (until they blocked almost all my funds)

Cons:

Can block your account for weeks, and then can't decide what they want from you to unlock it; the departments can't communicate with each other; and occasionally they are getting involved in fraud scandals

Muhammad Hassan
Muhammad Hassan
Start-up owner and Freelancer in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Payoneer came up as alternative to PayPal and a lot better than that

Comments: I'm really happy with Payoneer even my clients are happy.
I would recommend every freelancer and contractor to use Payoneer.

Pros:

Easy to get P2P and Client-Freelancer payment without any problem of currency exchange and different rates. First get the money in your account and then exchange it later in whatever currency you want. You only have to pay 2-3% on Payments you receive from sender. For Pakistan, it helped us a lot that it can be connected to your bank account and easily withdraw money to your bank account in your currency anytime, anywhere with just 2% fees and as low as $1. Payoneer Mastercard service is another good way to use your Payoneer account anywhere in the world. I simply love how Payoneer made my life easier as a Freelancer.

Cons:

Honestly, there is nothing to worry about in Payoneer. But the prices and fees in Mastercard are a lot higher than normal bank Mastercard or Visa Card.

Emran
Freelancer in Egypt
International Trade & Development, Self Employed

My experience with Payoneer

Comments: Payoneer is considered the best electronic bank I have dealt with for more than two years, in terms of safety, trust, ease of use, the interface of the program, and the speed of executing the transaction. I have no problems except for locking the prepaid card and it was due to problems with the card issuing bank at that time.

Pros:

1 - The interface is simple and suitable for most devices.2 - The level of security, in terms of double protection by sending a text message to the mobile number.3- Ease of adding local bank accounts by account number and bank name.4 - Low commissions compared to other similar electronic banks such as AirTM, Neteller, Skrill and others.

Cons:

1 - The mobile application needs some modifications to be suitable, such as the site in terms of performance and implementation of operations.2 - Communicating with support, there are some difficulties that need to facilitate this feature more than that.3 - The minimum withdrawal amount to the bank account is rather high and it needs to be reduced.

Arslan
CEO in Pakistan
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Payoneer- A solution made for small business and Freelancers

Comments: Overall experience is very good with Payoneer. Its support is awesome. They have both a card and bank transfer option to withdraw funds. You can receive payemnts from clients easily and access your funds remotely.

Pros:

I still remember joining Payoneer mainly because there was no other option available for me at that time. But it turned out to be the best choice. Payoneer makes it easy to not only receive payments from multiple websites where I work and earn from, but it also makes it easier to request direct payments from my clients who can pay using multiple modes ranging from bank accounts to Credit and Debit cards. They also have solutions for businesses like marketplaces and mass payout companies.

Cons:

One thing that I would like Payoneer to add is an API that can be added to websites to dynamically request payments from clients. It will make it easier to request payments from clients. that is one of the main cons that i have noticed so far.

Esta
Online TEFL Tutor in South Africa
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Not suitable for entrepreneurs or individuals.

Comments: I've been using Payoneer for 3 years to receive payments from a freelancing site that I use as well as private clients. However, just a few days ago their "receiving payment" policy changed overnight without warning and all pending payments from private clients were cancelled. You can imagine the embarrassment of having to send out apologies and restructured invoices, not to mention the negative impact it has on my personal profile. On top of that I have to pay fines for late payments due to this unfortunate development. They now only allow receiving payments from a short list of selected businesses. I don't recommend Payoneer if you're a Tutor or your business caters for individuals. I've signed up with Skrill and I find it much more user friendly - it caters to all my needs.Good bye Payoneer.

Pros:

I liked that withdrawals from the freelancing site I use are mostly available within an hour. I also found the card very useful.

Cons:

Can only receive payments from selected business. Policies, terms and conditions change overnight without warning.

Miriam
Miriam
Proposal Analyst in US
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees

The best payment system to receive money from abroad

Comments: The advantage of Payoneer is that it is associated with many recognized companies that pay by this means, it is not necessary to go to a bank to obtain this service, all the management is online, easy and fast, I recommend Payoneer, especially for people who work as freelancers since the main freelancer platforms are associated with Payoneer and facilitate receiving payments.

Pros:

Payoneer is a great payment system, in my spare time, I work as a freelancer , I am a user of Payoneer for more than five years. There are many companies for freelancer that use this payment method, I have used it in fiver, Upwork, and other companies for which I have done work, something I like is that it is possible to receive payments in dollars, euros, pounds sterling, and other currencies, the app is quite complete and the best to send money to another user of Payoneer is free.I like that to receive payments Payoneer gives me a bank account according to the currency, either dollars or euros.

Cons:

Something I don't like is that the fees are a bit high, if the fees were not so high, it would be the perfect prepaid card. Another thing that I consider negative is that their cards depend on Wirecard solution, and from my point of view, they should have more options to choose the issuer of their prepaid cards.

Mohamed adham
Manager in Sri Lanka
Textiles, Self Employed

Payoneer in my life

Comments: In this Internet world everyone doing business and other dealing with the world in the place where they are sitting. And every person can't open bank in every region.but payoneer make it's to happen.what we want more than that.its the biggest and valuable experience I got and feel with payoneer

Pros:

I can tel am a Internet hunter.i am always searching new things to develop my self. from my search I found very best app to deal with international currency. It's more difficult think and it's not be done in dream that am open a account in foreign country like US, UK. Payoneer is easily make it to happen.and its procedure and security is more strong. When we open it or use it payoneer guide us in every step.it's directly happens to me. The documents we submitting is checking carefully to active our payoneer account. and it's have more than 5 currencies. And payoneer to our local account it's easily connected to transfer money.and when we got money we got notifications it's good to check updates.and it's easy to make login through finger print And from payoneer to our local account we can make transfer with minimum 1 dollar. It is good and valuable things to small businessman. And much more....

Cons:

Can import few currencies in every region and with security can make facilities to do direct transfer to payoneer from local transaction And every country they have many methods to identify there citizenship.when we open account it's good to mention there identity from the method they have in their country.and import some language is important

Virginia
Virginia
Freelance editor in US
Publishing, Self Employed

Avoid it like the plague if you can.

Comments: I loathe Payoneer with every fiber in my body. I strongly suspect them of skirting a fine line of legality in handling people's money and finding ways to hang onto it themselves for as long as possible. Shady and suspect and they absolutely have the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my 60 years. That is really saying something, as I've had some truly hair-raising customer service experiences. But these folks take the cake. If you have a problem, expect to lose access to funds for a month or more. That's what they do.

Pros:

I will admit that the whole process of receiving payments can occasionally go smoothly for a while. But in over 2 years of being paid through them by my primary client (who offers no alternatives), I have had to fight with Payoneer about one thing or another 3/4 of the time. They are notorious for having the absolute worst customer service you have or ever will encounter, and it smacks of them trying hard to be as vague as possible, as if they are purposely withholding people's money, but trying to pretend they're not. I personally believe they definitely purposely withhold funds at times.

Cons:

The fact that I've had to fight with them to get access to MY MONEY infuriates me. When they do permit me access to MY MONEY, there are all-too-often unexpected fees or problems, such as when they issued my MasterCard in British Pounds, although I do not and never have lived in the UK, nor have I ever been paid by anyone in Pounds or Euros. The card being in Pounds meant I got dinged with exchange rates and service fees over and over until I finally got my client (the payer) to intervene on my behalf. But just now, I tried to transfer funds to my bank account when the card was not accepted (again) for an online transaction. While my MasterCard is in US dollars, it is suddenly no longer available to transfer to my bank, for unknown reasons that I'm trying to determine, but having dealt with them before, I know it'll be a minimum of a week before I get any answers. When I tried to transfer, it asked a question it never had before about which currency I wanted to withdraw from and presented me with two options only: British Pounds or Euros. My head exploded. My main account is now set up for either Pounds or Euros--despite the fact that I made abundantly clear to them when I had that first problem that I do not and never have been paid in any currency other than US dollars. And these aren't the only problems I've had. During a move, they held my funds for a month until I threatened legal action. They're shady. Stay away.