15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Pros:

Furthermore, there are plenty of tutorials provided by Notion and they have an excellent support team. They really hear what the users ask and they frequently implement the requested features.

Cons:

Without recurring tasks and less task-oriented features it was a tough call to make. I wanted it to work so badly.

Notion ratings

4.3
4.4
4.6
4.6

8.9/10

Notion has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,199 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Notion before?

Filter reviews (2,199)

Onur
Onur
Co-Founder in Türkiye

Notion Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: It's a very powerful tool for documenting daily tasks and solutions. I am using it everyday mostly.

Pros:

It has Artificial Intelligence support and it really helps while organizing and handling daily operations with Notion.

Cons:

It's in enough level but it could be great if they improve the customer support.

Anonymous reviewer
Oil & Energy, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Better tasks, bad access on iphone cellphones.

5.0 last month New

Comments: In the procedure of creating the tasks it has been good, in the access process to see the information that we have dedicated very badly, since an expensive program like this should have the ability to fix the login problem through iPhone.

Pros:

For group work, we generated a particular task followed by very well done tasks. In fact, the engineers could leave notes so that the next day the next engineer could continue with the work, which was essential to advance in large development projects and we knew in What exact stage were we are.

Cons:

I had very bad access to information with iOS, almost every time we accessed Android phones, access to the panel was simple, it was fast, responsive and everything was fine, but with iPhone phones things changed and I don't know exactly if it was the operating system or that the program supposedly blocked which was strange. In this sense, it generated delays since almost all of us have iPhone phones in the team.

Younes
Younes
Full Time Translator in Algeria
Publishing, 11–50 Employees

A more doesn't mean always a better

Comments: Like many others: I am a migrant-from-evernote-to-notion user.
So I really feel a difference. Evernote become with time a boring routine. You ended up konwing all what the software capacities without a horizon you can looking for. Evernote blog is a good resource but it is not enough for me.
The comparison with Evernote is critical for me. So I can tell you that Notion provide you all what Evernote offer plus a not-so-boring journey during using the product.

Pros:

Without doubt its ubiquity (they claim you can organise anything within it) is incredible.

Cons:

User experience is not that good. It is not comfort for the eyes. Too many options. Too many features. Need time to learn and use and you ended up reexplain that too many time to your team OR you must buy Khe course about that product. And it's something you should really consider into your calculation of what that software cost.

Olivia
CEO in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

My company's one stop resource

Comments: Notion was very easy to set up and my team found the content and functionality very easy to adopt. It's the one place my team an find everything they need related to our business.

Pros:

Notion is my company's internal source for everything, such as co-worker profiles, most used documents, task management, company handbook, work events, and payroll information.

Cons:

As a non-tech, non-design person, I found it challenging to choose the right templates and set up the most user-friendly design for my team. There are pages I have built that do not get used because of how I have designed them.

Thomas
Digital Strategist in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A daily Notion power user's review after over a year of daily use

4.0 last month New

Comments: As a power user myself, I have found Notion an invaluable tool despite its drawbacks. Be warned, it does require a commitment to understand and leverage fully, but once mastered, it's a powerful tool in enhancing productivity and organization. For anyone considering Notion, be prepared to invest some time and effort to truly make the most of what it offers.

Pros:

It combines multiple tools into one interface, reducing the need for multiple apps - boosting productivity. Whether it’s task management, documenting, or even embedding external content, Notion handles it all, which simplified our tech / tool stack.

Cons:

Notion can sometimes be slow, especially with larger databases or when used extensively with complex pages. The lag can be frustrating for power users who need efficiency. However, in their defence, many tools also have this issue.

Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Great for taking any type of notes

Comments: My main use for Notion is for taking notes on my work clients for me to remember all key details about them. I also use Notion for personal use, such as meal planning and for vacations itinerary.

Pros:

The best part of Notion is how customizable this can be depending on if you need to track work assignments or school notes. The AI feature for writing can be so useful when you need to ask for definitions when taking notes or if you need to add an statistic but you forgot the exact number.

Cons:

The set up is hard, its a system that if you don't know how to use it can be hard to navigate.

Murat
Owner in US
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

Ok platform, needs improvement in many areas

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Notion is it OK platform? The application came along way in the last couple of years with a lot of innovative ideas having said that not having an off-line version is a big problem for many users in the last two years. Their servers one off-line twice as far as I know, and during that time do users cannot access any of their data for several hours for someone that is using the platform for any serious business. This is a big issue.

Pros:

Notions strongest feature is databases. Also, very customizable platform.

Cons:

No offline mode is a deal breaker for many.

scarlet
Social Media Consultant in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Best life app ever

5.0 last month New

Comments: Literally amazing in every sense. It is fantastic in all aspects. wouldn’t change a thing

Pros:

Everything about motion is fantastic. I have used Notion to organize every aspect of my life for the last 2-3 years and I have had no problems.

Cons:

It takes a while to get used to, but honestly once you get the hang of it it’s amazing.

Brenden
CTO in Belgium
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Rolls Royce of documentation tools

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The amount of features is astounding. The integration of databases and different views on these are a game changer to embed within documents.

Cons:

Creating an actual Wiki is a bit more complex.

Shalon
Nursepreneur in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Notion is my best friend. I used to use Google Docs but this is at a whole other level.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has allowed me to get serious about my online writing in a way that was just a dream before.

Pros:

I am able to take notes, write docs, write newsletters, write blog posts, Organize my everything I write in one place. I can search for anything I have ever written and find it fast. It is amazing.

Cons:

There are no cons as far as I am concerned.

Higher Education Software, 501–1,000 Employees

The holy grail of organization

Comments: Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros:

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons:

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Jose J
Jose J
CTO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Everyday note-taking, organization and brainstorming tool

Comments: So far it has been a great experience for me and my team. Notion has turned into an app that is always open on the computer, just like the email client.

Pros:

In our case as a digital assets and marketing company, we need to keep track of many clients and projects. The database feature in Notion allows us to create custom databases where we can filter, search, update and share easily with our clients.

Cons:

Maybe it's because of our business type, we don't use Notion for our own project management tasks. However, we discuss and collaborate every day in Notion to deploy our project management tasks in another tool.

Jason Edward
Jason Edward
Marketer in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best and worst of Notion

Comments: Overall it's a great app, I just wish it would be faster and also easier to navigate.

Pros:

Notion is an extremely flexible software. Thanks to their databases and multiple views like calendar, Kanban, tables and lists. I found it to be extremely intuitive and fun to use. I can definitely see how it could replace a google docs and be a central place for your team.

Cons:

So the big elephant in the room... Notion can be slow at times, especially when using it on my phone. I would spend a lot of effort just trying to switch between pages. When I would type in it I felt that my text was not in real time. Also on Mobile sometimes I couldn't highlight text due to a bug on their side. This goes against the productivity it is trying to create. Also the way it works with folders, it very quickly becomes far too many different places and I would need to think about where I need to put the specific note I'm working on, vs actually just writing the note. I think that it would be far better if notion stopped relying so much on folders and rather just made their search and internal linking more streamlined.

Ngha
Ngha
Data Analyst in Cameroon

My second brain, Now I can remember all I learn thanks to notion

Comments: The program known as Notion has a very high degree of adaptability. Because of their databases, which allow for a variety of displays, including calendar, Kanban, table, and list formats. It was quite easy to understand and enjoyable to use, in my opinion. It is entirely comprehensible to me how this might take the place of something like Google Docs and serve as a hub for your team. The very thought of it is astounding. My life is going to be lot simpler from now on. If only I had this concept while I was in school, I would be an encyclopedia right now.

Pros:

The way notion links up and create connections between your knowledge is spectacular, you would think you are using a relational database management software. It is easily customization and also has powerful functions that you can use to extend its capability. Notion has a great community who have developed templates for almost anything conceivable and most of these templates are for free. Another thing is the seamless integration with the mobile app, its like you are actually working on the same device

Cons:

Notion has limited fonts and styling. The most painful part of notion is the inability to set recurrent tasks in notion, it is a pain, you have to buy addons to be able to achieve this

Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

Best workflow management tool out there

Comments: I can not recommend this software enough, there is a small learning curve, but once you master the platform, it will be gamechanging.

Pros:

This software is a combination of Evernote, Excel, and PowerPoint. While I believe the team initially developed the software as a sophisticated workflow management tool, it has evolved into so much more, it is nothing short of a CRM tool that can be used in any business in any industry. The robust nature of it's features and the ease at which you can mould your workspace to suit your needs or business is beyond anything any other software has been able to develop.

Cons:

There isn't necessarily an effective forum set-up for the Notion team to interact with its super users to gain feedback from them on what works and what doesn't, what future features could be extremely beneficial and understand how the software is used differently depending on the industry.

Tracy
Tracy
CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

The ROI on Learning Notion is Immeasurable

Comments: Awesome experience. Now my digital biz has real structure, organization and is customized to how I wanted my operations to be set up.

Pros:

Freedom! Learning to use Notion has released me from the captivity of multiple software services and many-stepped business operations. I didn’t own a cell phone until I was 29 (that’s how old I am) so using apps and software services doesn’t come naturally - I had to sit and learn, watch YT vids, read alllll the help docs. But now I can pretty much build or integrate anything my company needs. I’m practically a software developer now. Plus, it’s inexpensive and can integrate w basically everything, if u don’t have time to make it yourself in Notion. They also have a great community and their company “vibe” is upbeat, motivational and encouraging - even for this “old” startup lady.

Cons:

I have to teach each new employee how to use it and show new clients too - I’ve made video tutorials to help, but it’s always a time investment (which is worth it, eventually).

Sekharendu
IT Admin in India
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Amazing! Simplified Database Management

Comments: Exceptional. Life Saving. Notion actually helped me organise all my research and workflow integrated.

Pros:

Simple interface with database backend, makes it customisable to be used for any form of management.So useful to have web based interface and database table structure, with customisable frontend database display, with link to share, with templates to duplicate all in one.

Cons:

Formatting text has limitation, cannot increase or decrease font sizes in the body.Also cannot customise the heading/subheading etc.

Daily Use - Extremely Great For Documentation/Knowledge Base

Comments: It is a great product. We use it daily and it's our go-to tool for everyday use of reference or information storage.

Pros:

Being able to centrally store, categorize, navigate, search and share knowledge base. It is extremely important to store documentation for both internal use and the client in my current working model.

Cons:

The app is getting heavier and slower. What I like least about the product is that it is slows down considerably as more and more data or information are stored within. This is the main reason why I only store/share files with embedded links to my other cloud storage. This because even with just text, the user experience due to slowness is sometimes quite frustrating.

Shaelina
Shaelina
Programs Directoer in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Notion is the one stop shop that will transform the way you work.

Comments: The Wiki features, pages, databases, and embed features allow for deep levels of clear organization of everything any team member needs to know about our company, products, and project plans. Task and project management is made easy with Notion templates. We were able to replace a project management software. Task and project management being in the same app as our knowledge base/wikis has made our remote work 10x easier and our team significantly more productive. Databases, templates, team settings, and reminders make project planning super easy. Databases can store tons of information, and with filters, sorting, and various views including calendar views, everything can literally be in one place. A dream come true. Everything we need to know about a project, a course we're selling, marketing campaigns, etc. is in one place. For a remote start up company with a short window for onboarding new team members, this is essential. Integrations with other commonly used apps such as Google Docs, Typeform, and Slack make this app the perfect home base. And, the search function is wonderful! We use Google Docs still for long form documents and docs that need to printed or shared as a PDF because the text formatting features in Notion are not for this. BUT, the integration with Google Docs makes this easy and actually - FUN. The ability to manage multiple projects at once is a super easy in Notion. Use databases that you can highly customize this for your business needs, or use templates from thousands of other Notion nerds (or Notion creators themselves) to get started. We are working on about 45 different "projects" right now, that all have different needs. Using Notion's project management features, we can see all of the info that we need to at once, to manage our departments working cross-functionally and various team member's assignments productivity. We use our project list as the agendas for our weekly meetings and the individual task views as our guide for our one-on-ones with team members and supervisors, and it keeps us highly productive and efficient! We can take detailed notes right inside of a task, or leave comments for each other to keep a nicely organized "paper trail." Slack integrations help us stay notified of the most important things at the right times. Lastly, the professional and neat use of emojis has my inner 90s kid that loves stickers, extremely happy.

Pros:

What is there not to like? It's a brilliant app that is highly customizable, ensuring that you can meet the needs of your business, team and clients included. I do everything in Notion from planning my day, to planning projects, managing team tasks, taking meeting notes, keeping track of budgets, using it as a CRM for clients, using it as a wiki space for everything that goes on in our company, keeping meeting notes, creating public landing pages for sharing important details with clients or prospective employees (without having to design an webpage), and even integrating it with other commonly used apps such as slack, Google docs, Typeform, LucidChart, and literally - hundreds more. The new AI features are so incredible - it's like having chat GPT built in, but it uses info in the content in your spaces and pages already instead of you having to "teach" it. Incredible! I love this app so much!

Cons:

Using Notion to max capacity takes a bit of time and effort. Self-taught learners will have no problem diving right in, typing "/" and exploring all that Notion can do. Databases take a bit of time to learn as well, but the functionality is worth every bit. Luckily, there are some wonderful expert trainers on youtube and published by Notion itself that will help you and your team learn quickly. Also, I am looking forward to seeing more updates for the ipad version of the app so that I can use my apple pencil to take notes more easily. Also, the databases don't exactly replace Excel/Google Sheets, but the integrations with those apps are sufficient. The ONLY other con is not really a con, but a limited functionality that is intentional - there are not many features included for text editing. We still use Google docs frequently for "documents", especially those that need to be turned into a PDF or otherwise require more text editing features (word document style). This is on purpose, though. I think this helps keep the interface and experience very clean and uniform. BUT, Notion creators have wonderful ways of being creative with the limited functionality here!

Abby
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Perfect Solution for Task Management, Project Planning and Goal Setting

Comments: As someone with ADHD, Notion is the perfect solution for setting up my own unique and personal workflow. Being able to customize my workspace and plan projects in a way that makes sense to me has made me so much more productive and organized. Although the learning curve is a bit steep, Notion provides many resources and articles that provide enough instruction to figure most things out.

Pros:

Notion is an endlessly customizable platform that is somehow simple at the same time. I use Notion as a database, task manager, project planner, and overall life planner. I am able to set goals for myself and have those goals plastered on the homepage within Notion so I am constantly reminded of where I need to direct my focus and attention. Since using Notion I have successfully been able to track my goals and have accomplished many things that I never would have thought possible.

Cons:

The software can be glitchy and updates from the web version don't always transfer automatically to the app and vice versa. The task management functionality leaves much to be desired and recurring tasks and reminders are not a built-in function of the platform.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

The All-in-One Tool for Organizing and Managing Your Work and Life

Comments: Overall, Notion is a comprehensive and versatile tool that can help users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. Its flexibility, collaboration features, and wide range of integrations make it a great choice for anyone looking to increase productivity and get a better handle on their information.

Pros:

Notion is a versatile and powerful productivity tool that allows users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. It offers a wide range of features, including notes, tasks, wikis, and databases, that can be combined and customized to suit each user's specific needs.One of the key benefits of using Notion is its flexibility. It allows users to create custom pages, databases, and templates that can be used to organize and manage various types of information, such as notes, tasks, projects, and even personal information like finances. The wide range of features and ability to customize the layout to your needs make it a great tool for both personal and professional use.Another benefit of Notion is its collaboration features. It allows multiple users to access and edit the same page and database, making it easy for teams to work together on projects and shared information. Additionally, it has a feature called "Share" which lets user share a read-only version of pages or databases with people outside of your organization.Notion also integrates with a wide range of other apps and services, such as Google Drive, Trello, Slack, and Evernote, that allows to import and export data seamlessly. It also has a feature called "Integration" which can connect to other apps to bring data into Notion, such as fetching data from a website, or a RSS feed, or even taking screenshots.

Cons:

Nothing as of now as it has helped with so many easy features to use.

Dhruvil
FOUNDER in India
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Notion Review For Project Management

Comments: Notion is a powerful tool for project management, offering a range of features that can improve team collaboration, task management, and productivity. Its customizable interface, flexible task management, collaboration tools, rich media integration, and mobile app make it a popular choice for many teams. However, its steep learning curve, limited export options, limited integrations, pricing model, and customization challenges are potential weaknesses to consider when deciding whether Notion is the right tool for your project management needs.

Pros:

1. customizable Interface: Notion's interface is highly customizable, allowing users to create a workspace that suits their needs. This means that users can create project management templates that fit their workflows, which can save time and increase productivity.2. Flexible Task Management: Notion allows users to create tasks, set deadlines, and assign them to team members. The software offers various views, including list, board, calendar, and kanban, allowing users to choose the view that works best for them.3. Collaboration Tools: Notion's collaboration tools, including comments and mentions, make it easy for team members to communicate and work together on projects. This feature can improve team collaboration and reduce communication barriers.4. Rich Media Integration: Notion allows users to add a range of rich media, including images, videos, and files, making it easy to keep project-related information in one place. This feature can save time and reduce the need for multiple tools.5. Mobile App: Notion's mobile app allows users to access their projects on the go, making it easy to stay on top of tasks and collaborate with team members from anywhere.

Cons:

1. Learning Curve: Notion has a steep learning curve, especially for new users. This can be a challenge for some teams and may require additional training or support.2. Limited Export Options: While Notion offers a range of import options, it has limited export options. This means that users may find it difficult to move their data out of Notion if they decide to switch to a different tool.3. Limited Integrations: Notion has limited integrations with other software tools, which may limit its usefulness for some teams. However, it does offer integrations with popular tools like Google Drive, Slack, and Trello.4. Pricing: Notion's pricing model can be expensive for larger teams, especially if they require access to premium features like guest access and version history.5. Customization Challenges: While Notion's customizable interface is a strength, it can also be a weakness. Customization can lead to cluttered workspaces, which can be challenging to navigate for some users.

Robert
Robert
CEO in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

All-in-one

Comments: Fantastic experience overall and has made many of our business processes much leaner.

Pros:

Notion can be used in almost any way you want. It's a note-taking, project-planning, task completing superstar and should probably be part of your software stack. We run most of our company through Notion and have no intention of moving to anything else for the foreseeable future.

Cons:

It takes a short while to get up to speed with what Notion can do and that can be tricky for new starters.

Andrew
Andrew
Digital Sherpa in Germany
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Having used so many other tools this one has changed my business goals

Pros:

Notion keeps me on track. I generate a lot of content and documentation for my client projects and keeping up with the dozens of pieces that I need to produce and share each week would never succeed without Notion.

Cons:

Two things: Notion is hard to get started with. I had to go back early on and redo many of my initial ideas of working with Notion. Templates are a good way to get started. Secondly, you must be connected to the internet for Notion to work. I travel a lot and work in places where internet availability is not always guaranteed.

Andreas
Software Engineer in Sweden

A Game-Changer in Digital Experience - My Notion Experience

Pros:

I couldn't resist sharing my thoughts on Notion, and let me tell you, it's been nothing short of a game-changer for me. From the moment I dived into Notion, I was greeted by this sleek and intuitive interface that felt like a breath of fresh air. The flexibility it offers is simply mind-blowing - my notes, tasks, and projects finally found their perfect digital home.One thing I absolutely love is how Notion adapts to my unique way of organizing things. It's like having a personal assistant that understands my quirks and preferences. Whether it's creating a comprehensive to-do list or drafting out my latest brainstorm, Notion effortlessly molds itself to my writing style.And the collaboration features? Pure genius. Working on group projects has never been smoother. Real-time updates and the ability to seamlessly share ideas - it's a collaborative dream come true.But here's the kicker: databases. They've turned data organization into an art form. I can't tell you how satisfying it is to watch my information neatly structured and easily accessible.What's even cooler is the variety. Need a sleek to-do list? There's a template for that. Planning a trip? There's a template for that too. Notion has undeniably become my go-to digital workspace. It's not just an app; it's become an integral part of my daily routine.

Cons:

Now, don't get me wrong; Notion is this expansive canvas where I can pour out my thoughts and organize my chaos beautifully. But, and there's always a but, when it comes to formatting, I find myself yearning for a bit more freedom.