About Breezeway

Breezeway is the leading property operations and services platform for short-term rentals.

Learn more about Breezeway

Pros:

Cons:

There is no straight forward way to schedule garbage days for homes.

Breezeway ratings

4.5
4.9
4.5
4.7

9.1/10

Breezeway has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 31 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used Breezeway before?

Courtney
Courtney
Operations Director in U.S.

About Using Breezeway

Comments: Breezeway now manages the majority of all maintenance scheduling, including cleaning for our property management company. Our vendors that have used the program in tandem enjoy the ease of scheduling.

Pros:

This software package has a clean and modern design which make it easy for anyone to use. The app is almost completely self-explanatory. We can invite our vendors to use the program with us at no additional cost.

Cons:

The entire team must be on board! The set-up process can be tedious, but thoughtful decisions early on will make future use and set up much easier.

CEO in U.S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

One of the best in the industry

Pros:

Breezeway isn't perfect but man do they work hard on improvements and roll them out regularly and quickly. They are also great about communicating.

Cons:

Some of the newer tools and features are buggy but that's to be expected. The biggest downside for us is that we still can't automate certain things like scheduling of vacancy checks and transfer of service orders to our owner portal. Hopefully those are on the horizon.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Inspections Cleaner in U.S.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Great once you understand!

4.0 last month New

Comments: I am glad I just need to look and go. It allows for addresses to be used in GPS directly from the breezeway app to maps. I don't need to worry about what or with whom I work as it is listed. It takes forever and sometimes glitches but I'm happy with it!

Pros:

I love the fact that we can put in the galleries different pictures so staff or anyone honestly could go ahead and use those for booking photos. It is essential most places stage the same over and over. With customized checklists each different quirk can be relayed to the cleaner swiftly. I love being able to know names of guests arriving so I can thank them on behalf of the company. And it helps we get to see the prices and leave our comments. Aw

Cons:

The features I dislike the most are: no comparison photos to match up like Properly, lack of direct communication with people for emergencies, and that it allows so many micro details that the admins get a bit overzealous with the requirements.

Pawel
Director in U.K.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Great for the maintenance, inventory and housekeeping management

Comments: Great software, customer service, limited options compared to their competitors.

Pros:

Ease of use. Highly functional and does everything what you require to sort inventory, work organisation & housekeeping service. Amazing customer service.

Cons:

No guest messaging option. Not fully functional on the European market.

Joanne
Hospitality Manager in U.S.

Great Scheduling/Task Assigning Software for a Busy Team

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: We have been using Breezeway integrated with Hostfully for several years and it's been a great tool for us. The two crucial softwares integrate together wonderfully and it's so easy for us to keep track of work history.

Pros:

The user interface for this software is SO easy to use. I love how detailed you can choose to be for task templates, which is very crucial for us since we have large houses with a lot of details that our housekeepers need to be aware of for their cleans. We also have many small maintenance tasks that need to be created at any time and the ease of assigning tasks to technicians is great. We utilize the 'comments' section of individual tasks to easily communicate with our technicians and contractors. This is an easy mobile app for all of our cleaners to use for referencing directions as well as communicating quickly with our management team.

Cons:

I don't have any cons however I would love to be able to see a full calendar view on the mobile app version of the software as opposed to list items.

Michelle
Operations Manager in U.S.

We love Breezeway

Comments: LOVE!! Great support.

Pros:

Where to start - easy of finding workorders. Easy of creating workorders. The communication inside a WO - cuts down on phone calls to each other. The guest texting feature. Recurring WO.

Cons:

At times it takes both the ap and the desktop version on your phone to get all the information.

Stacy

MUST HAVE PRODUCT!!!

Comments: We love it, and can't wait to learn more!!

Pros:

As an Owner/General Manager of a vacation rental company I am inundated with new software and products all the time. I decided to give this one a try and we have been blown away. It is going to give me so much information on how we run our business, and how much tasks and supplies are truly costing me. We have only been using it about 3 months and we haven't even dived in to all of it.

Cons:

Comments section has been the hardest for us. We use slack and like its ease of keeping everyone in the loop. We feel the comments section isn't as quick and easy for people to use, again its been 2 months so could be us :)

Alternatives Considered: Properly

Reasons for Switching to Breezeway: The sales team was so knowledgeable and wonderful to work with and Breezeway had way more in terms of use that mattered to us.

Katie
Director of Operations in U.S.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Great Work Order Management Solution for Small Businesses

Comments: Breezeway allows us to keep track of open maintenance items and projects without having to keep lists, send multiple emails, or look back on text messages. Renters more and more are expecting to be able to text so the messaging platform is a huge bonus!

Pros:

Breezeway is very easy to implement and learn how to use. The app is very easy for staff to track time and supplies. It integrates with Escapia which is the PMS we use.

Cons:

Breezeway does not allow admin to manually enter or adjust time within a task, which is a huge downfall for us. Viewing tasks and associated details takes several clicks, when I think it should open automatically. It would also be helpful to have an option to NOT assign a property with a task, in case it is a general item for the team to do.

Alternatives Considered: MaintainX

Reasons for Switching to Breezeway: The free app and messaging. Integration with Escapia

Operations Coordinator in U.S.

A Crucial Partner

Pros:

Our company has used Breezeway since their early days, and we have enjoyed growing alongside this incredible software. Breezeway is our crucial task management platform that we use to organize crucial field operations for our business. The clear and intuitive interface of Breezeway is my favorite feature as our company's primary administrator. The processes for building anything from home profiles to checklists is clear-cut. The software is easy for our field staff to operate and give us an effective safeguard against home issues. Lastly, their customer support is personal and friendly.

Cons:

I think that, with Breezeway being a younger company, many of their ideas and systems are incomplete or yet to be fully developed. While the key processes, such as workflow scheduling, are currently automatable, most other features are only semi-automatable or non-automatable. When working with a large home portfolio, processing lots of data at once can be time-consuming.

Guest Experience Manager in U.S.

Great Product To Keep Us Organized and Prepared

Comments: Overall it is a great product and the constant improvements has made our property management much more streamlined, effective and profitable.

Pros:

Allows us to schedule all of our property management tasks well in advance with the capability to send the task to cleaners, maintenance, etc.

Cons:

The app is not great if you have a lot of tasks assigned to you and you can't see the big picture from it so you have to login in on the website.

Josh
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Great product and great support staff!

Comments: Breezeway has been such a useful tool in our business, in so many different ways. I can't imagine operating without it.

Pros:

I really appreciate how responsive and open to new ideas the Breezeway team is. We use the product every minute of every day to assist our staff with inspections, maintenance order management, guest communications, task scheduling, etc. I highly recommend this product.

Cons:

Not a con, but it would be great if we could get an "end of day" report for all tasks that were completed throughout a day, by whom and the time stamps. This would help management to understand productivity a bit better. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I discussed this a while back, so it would be great if this request would eventually come to fruition.

Shad
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

6 Months In

Comments: Executive has been a great help through the whole implementation

Pros:

Software has certainly made my scheduling of maintenance and housekeeping easier. It helps

Cons:

Requests: 1. All Statuses should and need to be a different color. Mainly Finished and Approved should be quite different. I would love to have the status change to something like Exported with another color when I send to escapia. 2. Team communication. I would love the option to text and message from within breezeway so all communication stays within breezeway. This would a direct texting/messaging within the app with similar notifications of a text message. 3. Auto scheduling without having to go through the process of committing with last minute bookings. If I'm off on Saturday and Sundays and an new booking happens on Saturday for a sunday arrival, Breezeway should just schedule my appropriate tasks so HK gets notified. 4. The ability to upload PDF docs to properties so we can keep reciepts and other warranty info with property.

Susan
Office Manager and Owner Liaison in U.S.
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

Breezeway is a major part of our success

Comments: Our overall experience has been very positive. The cleaners were a bit overwhelmed at first but they got over that. Our use of BW has led to a much higher guest satisfaction and also owners are happier too. I am the owner liaison and when I contact an owner about an issue at their cabin, it is so much easier to have all the information at my fingertips.

Pros:

We find it very helpful that info regarding each of our properties is kept organised. Before Breezeway, it was always a challenge to keep up with issues/tasks but now Breezeway helps us keep things moving forward to full completion. I feel more comfortable that our properties will be perfect for our guests.

Cons:

I would like to be able to view more abbreviated reports. I'd also like our reservation numbers for cleaning tasks to feed through.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Saves time and money!

Comments: This system has helped us save time and money and does for me in an hour what used to take a full time employee all day. We use it daily and it’s easy for any housekeeping team and my inspectors to implement and keep track of my properties.

Pros:

Ease of use. Reliability. Availability across computer, phone, tablet. Customer service and support.

Cons:

Slight compatibility issues with property management software

Eloy
Owner in U.S.

Managing Employees

Comments: What has mostly kept me with Breezeway is the customer support. I have had some challenges settling in but the customer support has been great and kept me moving forward.

Pros:

There are lots of things I like about your software. I was only going to try you guys out (along with some of your competitors) but a few months later, I'm still with you. I think although I think there are areas I would like to see improved, you guys have a nice system to keep my cleaning, inspections and maintenance organized.

Cons:

It takes time to setup but I'm not sure how you could change that component of it. Other areas include: It is slow to update. For example, when we assign a job to someone, it takes a minute to show up on their app. Another is that I need to be able to load a more detail into employees schedule, i.e. when one of them is on vacation or has an appointment. It would be nice to have your system remind me when someone is not available for a job.

Renee
Sr Travel Planner in U.S.

Breezeway Navigation

Comments: It is a good way to keep projects from all of our divisions in one place

Pros:

You can list all of housekeeping and property care updates for our homes all in one place, and get status updates rather quickly when looking

Cons:

there is no way to notify us when an update is made- example- our housekeeping staff puts in meter reads- Unless I am already in Breezeway, I do not know if this project has been completed

Lei-Ann
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Great for keeping things in order

Comments: I love that I can see a task from start to finish and able to add additional tasks with ease.

Pros:

I love that all of my scheduled tasks are right in the palm of my hands and that I can be sure that everyone else that I am working with has it in the palm of their hands as well

Cons:

There are some functions that do not work as smoothly as I would like

Alexis
Inspector Coordinator in U.S.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Breezeway

Comments: Very good! I never have any issues with customer service! Kelsey is very knowledgeable and helpful!

Pros:

The easiness of the software. The automatic scheduling software makes my life much easier. The customer service is phenomenal!

Cons:

The user side of the program. I wish when an inspection had a comment the icon would change color on the user side to make it more known to my inspectors

Michelle
Accounting in U.S.

Breezeway Makes Work Easier

Comments: Breezeway allows us to have up-to-date information on when tasks are completed. This allows us to provide better service to our guests.
Breezeway also gives us the room to detail actions that are being taken with different properties. This allows us to provide better information to our clients.

Pros:

Breezeway allows for all involved to be able to participate and keep up on changes for multiple properties and issues.

Cons:

No issues with Breezeway. Issues for us are more due to how it is being used by the employees.

Pravinesh
Guest Relation Manager in U.S.

User Friendly

Pros:

Great platform to manage property inspection. You are able to customize inspection to each property. Very Easy to use.

Cons:

kills phone battery life very quickly when in use. Very limited function on the app. Sync takes too long to complete a task.

Laura
Housekeeping Coordinator in U.S.

Breezeway Review

Comments: I love how were were able to make out cleaner invoicing a lot easier because of BW. Scheduling cleans is easier thru BW

Pros:

Very user friendly . Love the fact that we can communicate to our crew thru the system from their Tasks

Cons:

Maybe when their are reservation changes that don't update into BW if we've already drafted that weeks worth of task. We have to keep an eye out if there are tasks we need to either reschedule or delete.

Forest
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Helpful software, but lacks features

Comments: Overall the app is helping keep everyone accountable for there tasks and is a great tool for documenting issues with properties and running reports.

Pros:

-supply charging -auto scheduling -documenting issues -easy of use

Cons:

-There is no straight forward way to schedule garbage days for homes. -Would like a 5-star rating system that would be on cleaning reports for the purpose of leaving reviews. -would like to schedule recurring tasks without having to necessarily enter an end date -would like to be able to take pictures in the comments section -would like the app to have more capabilities other than just tasks. -hard to schedule when viewing the website on a phone.

Carly
Director of Operations in U.S.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

So glad we found this software to better manage our company & guests!

Comments: Our experience has been wonderful and we are excited to have found Breezeway to better manage our business!

Pros:

Easy to use product with many features and the on-boarding process has been very smooth and easy to deal with the support staff at Breezeway! It has really helped us to manage our company and multiple departments including maintenance & servicing, housekeeping, billing and guest management and communication.

Cons:

So far there are no cons to mention. We are still becoming familiar with the software but have been pleased with our experiences.

Kathy

Breezeway......easyway

Comments: You can't go wrong using this software and our team has all been able to use from day one!

Pros:

Love the software and the ease of use! Everyone was able to use right away with no issues.

Cons:

I would love to see a payroll function like other software offers.

Mia
HK Office Manager in U.S.

Breezeway is a Breeze!

Comments: Breezeway has been great. If we have a question, the customer service agents are quick and efficient in helping us.

Pros:

Breezeway is user friendly and intuitive.

Cons:

Both the app and the exporting/reporting could use some customization options.