About Hubstaff Tasks

Hubstaff Tasks is an automated team and project management tool built with the Agile in mind. Stay on track with sprints and tasks.

Learn more about Hubstaff Tasks

Hubstaff Tasks ratings

4.9
4.8
4.2
4.5

8.6/10

Hubstaff Tasks has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 14 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used Hubstaff Tasks before?

Founder & Director in UK
Music, 2-10 Employees

Fantastic Task Management solution where time tracking is also needed

Comments: Overwhelmingly positive, a great solution to my company's task management. Support is also very responsive.

Pros:

The ability to execute detailed task management and simple workflows in Kanban style projects, with integrated time tracking (via main Hubstaff SaaS)

Cons:

Some missing features (e.g task templates) and integrations (e.g API connection possibilities)

Alternatives Considered: TimeCamp, Timely, Harvest, Clockify, Asana and Insightful

Reasons for Choosing Hubstaff Tasks: Time Doctor lacked in-depth task management tools and didn't integrate well enough with external task management tools.

Switched From: Time Doctor

Reasons for Switching to Hubstaff Tasks: Best solution to integrated time tracking and task management

Eric
owner in US
Graphic Design Software, 2-10 Employees

Easy to get stated & versatile

Comments: Being able to use it as a commutation/portal with my clients in a creative agency type capacity is fantastic. It replaces the need for many tools at one time. Using that way allows for transparency on the client end, too, since they can be notified every time we complete a Pinterest Pin Design for them or an hour of Pinterest VA work, etc.

Pros:

Having tried many Project Manager tools, Hubstaff Tasks is the most drop-dead simple to get started with a simple workflow quickly. It has the core features you need to get up & running with a Kanban flow. It's easy to make a quick board either with a blank template or one their preset workflows. Very low-friction.

Cons:

There are a few basic things that could improve the product. Being able to Copy & Paste a whole project (or even just a card) & just re-title it would be great. I use the service as a portal for my Pinterest Pin Design clients (www.pinpals.design), so just being able to reuse the same reject over again for a new client, rather than having to create a whole new project from scratch each time would save me a lot of time each month. Also wish that the site worked a bit better on mobile. I've noticed it's too easy to drag an item out of place on touch interfaces, etc.

Alternatives Considered: Teamwork

Reasons for Choosing Hubstaff Tasks: Easier to use for my needs, mixed with cost, & ease of on boarding clients. Also like the other products by Hubstaff.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Hubstaff Tasks: For the reasons above.

Elizabeth
E-commerce Marketer in Mexico

Hubstaff Tasks for Task Management

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It was easy to use, did the work, and was a good pricing for value, however, it being rather new it still has way to go to be a full project management platform.

Pros:

We use Hubstaff as our main time tracker so both being from the same company made everything smoother. It’s easy to use and the support team is great. They are very open to hear feedback and suggestions for future features.

Cons:

I think it was a bit limited and basic, we needed to change for something a little bit more complete.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Hubstaff Tasks: We were exploring our options.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Hubstaff Tasks: Because we were already using Hubstaff Time Tracker.

CEO in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Product but no active Development

Comments: Love the product but hope the development continues as well.

Pros:

Super fast. Templates to quickly use working workflows for task tracking. Sprints to opt-in/opt-out to as every project doesn't belong in a sprint. Asynchronous Daily standups so your team can update the status at their time.

Cons:

No active development. No mobile app. No webhooks / API. No integrations like Slack. No active roadmap with active customer feedback loop.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Hubstaff Tasks: When I left Todoist it didnt had Boards. Now I am considering going back to Todoist.

Switched From: Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Hubstaff Tasks: Cost, platform speed and Time tracking.

Simon
Director in Zambia
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Useful Product

Comments: Rolling out a new project & this software has allowed us to co-ordinate much easier than before.

Pros:

Increased our accountability for all staff (both on site & remote). Allowed us to improve upon productivity & implement our new project.

Cons:

Yes, could do with a mobile app, as some features are not available when logging in via browser on mobile devices.

6 months ago

Hello Simon, thank you for taking the time to submit this review about your experience on Hubstaff Tasks. Indeed, at the moment, we do not have a dedicated standalone application for Hubstaff Tasks. The Hubstaff time tracking application will allow for interaction with tasks and projects from Hubstaff Tasks, provided that the two products are linked together. I will forward your suggestion for a standalone app for Tasks to be considered further, by our product team. If you do encounter any other need for assistance, feel free to reach out to our team on [email protected]

Saad
CEO in Morocco

We won't change you guys

Comments: I have to say that i am satisfied and want you guys to improve in a smart way both your pricing and UX.

Pros:

It helps make work transparent for everyone and the UX/UI is just amazing

Cons:

The cost is a burden on a start-up like us.

Marwan
Media Buyer in Egypt
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Best tool!!

Pros:

Easy to manage your tasks, and timeline too

Cons:

Phone version is not that handy as desktop

9 months ago

Thank you for the nice comments and valuable feedback! We are glad to hear you think of Hubstaff as the best time tracking tool. Regarding the mobile app, it's meant for field teams. It is indeed limited compared to the desktop app. If you have any feature request for us to improve the mobile app, feel free to email us at [email protected], and we'll be glad to consider your ideas!

Freelancer in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Effortless Sharing for Remote Workers

Comments: Positive overall experience. Easily share tasks and completed work with my manager.

Pros:

Keeps the lines of communication regarding expectations open between myself and my remote supervisor. Easier to stay on top of tasks and priorities without exchanging dozens of emails.

Cons:

Took a bit of time to understand and utilize all available features. It could be a bit more intuitive.

2 years ago

We appreciate your feedback! If you still have questions regarding the setup or learning how to navigate around the platform be sure to contact our support team and they will be happy to help. Thanks again!

Nikita
Nikita
Drupal developer in France
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Review as standalone developer, that use Hubstaff to my clients

Comments: It's like Trello,.

Pros:

Of course, time tracker, owned report and tasks.

Cons:

There's not enough functionality for standalone developer.

2 years ago

Hi Nikita, Thanks for your feedback! We would love to hear more about your feedback, Would you mind shooting me an email at [email protected] so we can discuss further what kind of functionality you are looking for? Thanks again!

Aurin
Aurin
Sales and Marketing Administrator in Poland

Get Reliable and Rewarding Freelance Work

Pros:

I loved the ease with which one could browse tasks and apply for them directly with the organizations. So far the replies have been prompt and the pay has been on time.

Cons:

Sometimes the application process can be a bit repetitive with the questions listed for the candidate to answer. One answer may fit multiple questions and the applicant is forced to think of a new response each time.

3 years ago

Hi Aurin! Thanks for the feedback, We are always looking into ways we can improve the platform, would you mind reaching out to me directly at [email protected] so we can discuss more what you are experiencing with the platform. Thanks again! Sarah

Nina
Finance Director in Zambia
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Farm Depot Project Management

Comments: Excellent product with good product support

Pros:

It enables us as a company to work more effectively. We have remote workers and managers and this keeps us all in touch and on schedule.

Cons:

Nothing I have come across so far. Some of my users have taken time to learn it but that is not your issue

Tom
Owner in US

Great simple PM tool

Pros:

It's a simple to use and really fast to get up and running. I use it with Hubstaff so it connects easily to our time tracking setup.

Cons:

It's still new, so features and improvements pop up on a regular basis but there is room for things to keep improving.

Edgar J
CEO in US
Graphic Design Software, 2-10 Employees

Essential tool for my business

Comments: Love it

Pros:

Easy to use and keep my team organized..

Cons:

Integration with Hubstaff tasks was not an easy process

Business Developer in India
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Make your Workflow Easy

Pros:

The most liked feature about this software is easy check-in and easy work flow of project .

Cons:

I dont find any Cons in this Software till yet