• Overall
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.1 /5

About Kartra

The Ridiculously Easy Way To Build Your Entire Online Business Fast (Without Hiring Developers, Web Designers, or Systems Integrators)

Learn more about Kartra

Greg W.
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-29

"Kartra compared to Infusionsoft"

Comments: It has been a great experience and it is one of the industry leaders in my opinion.

Pros: The user interface is very unique and once you figure it out and get used to it is is very easy to create systems and marekting automation.

Cons: There email editor needs some help and their spell check does not work with right mouse for me.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-29
Heidi B.
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer :-)
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-09

"Kartra ~ Powerful, Robust, Do-It-All ~ All-in-One Software"

Comments: I have been able to get an idea about a product that my market may want and throw a page up on the web and pitch it out there and get responses. Sign ups or even payments. Now that I have learned my way around, it is relatively easy to do that!

Pros: After running a full-time ministry/business online for a couple of years, I had all kinds of programs and platforms that I was paying for monthly or yearly. When it came time to streamline it all, I narrowed it down to just Kartra. Everything is right there in one place, integrating well with WebinarJam and EverWebinar.

Cons: Two things...1.) the email component (CRM?). There is no easy way of taking the leads from Kartra and pulling them in to another CRM platform. It would be awesome if this part of Kartra was as robust as its page builder, portal builder, and membership builder! 2.) a way to set up a store of all the products or services I offer all in one "place"

Dawn S.
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-16

"Kartra is the best bang for your buck - for the most part"

Comments: Even with my grumblings above, I am very satisfied with Kartra, especially considering its competition. I truly believe it's the best value with regard to functionality and ease of use, hands down.

Pros: The fact that I have the functionality of a shopping cart, email CRM, membership site, video hosting (with all the analytics), and an affiliate program.

Cons: There are some features that are still not available (it's a fairly new platform), like the ability to purchase multiple quantities of a product. Also, the lowest plan only allows for 5 products, which is ridiculously low.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-16
Jacque E.
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-10

"Beginner or Advanced... You'll love Kartra."

Comments: Kartra allows use to develop expert digital marketing campaigns with beginner knowledge.

Pros: Kartra is the best all-in-one solution for digital marketers. Having option forms, landing pages, automations, tagging, email sequences, products, membership areas and more all in one system means they talk to each other without external integrations. This saves me the headache of keeping track of so many web apps.

Cons: Some features found in other web apps are still being developed in Kartra. However, they release new features all the time, so it is worth sticking around.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-10
Marco R.
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-15

"Powerful All-in-One Tool"

Comments: I have been a Kartra user for around 2 years now. Even though I am in the middle of switching to another product, it has helped me a lot. I mainly used their landing page builder, emails and course functionality. All in all absolutely recommended.

Pros: - Includes literally anything you need - email, landing page builder, calendars, course hosting, video hosting, automations, flows, checkouts and more
- amazing value for the money

Cons: - Building landing pages is sometimes tedious and loading times in the backend are relatively slow
- Navigating the tool is sometimes a bit complicated (you have to navigate through all the steps rather than just jumping straight to where you want to go)

• Reviewed on 2021-04-15
Troy N.
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-09

"Using Kartra to Run my Business"

Comments: My overall experience has been great. I couldn't imagine how my business would be today without it. For sure I can become a better, more accomplished Kartra user. There's a lot to learn. I think the Kartra team is doing a great job. I'm happy to be part of the Kartra community.

Pros: I pretty much use most if not all of the features of Kartra to run my business. It has become indispensable to me and my business.

Cons: I would like to see more intuitive shortcuts. I am not crazy about all the things I have to click through to get to certain features I need. While I love all the analysis that Kartra provides, certain things don't seem to work as well as they could. Overall, I love the software. I'm hoping Kartra will continue to improve.

Matt M.
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-06

"Powerful All In One Tool for Marketing & eCommerce"

Comments: We've loved the checkout and helpdesk and have only dabbled in the other features. We're looking forward to testing the membership, email and page building tools next quarter.

Pros: We mostly use Kartra for the Checkout and Helpdesk features. The subscription setup and checkout are as good as it gets. We've seen a huge bump in conversions on our high ticket sales once switching the KArtra checkout.

Cons: Not a huge fan of how difficult it is to setup campaigns or build pages. The experience could definitely be improved. They've put a ton of features under the hood but usability needs some work. Luckily, our customers have a much simpler experience on their end.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-06
John S.
Realtor
Real Estate, Self Employed

"Love Kartra!"

Comments: Fantastic. I recently purchased WebinarJam and EverWebinar as well.

Pros: I really like the completeness of the product. Everything is well thought out and integrated. Automation is powerful. Manging my customer member sites work really well.

Cons: The Page builder at times is a little clunky

Paul S.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-16

"Good for some uses but has some ballbreaker shortcomings for me."

Comments: kartra saves me time. Once I have built some sales funnels they are repeatable and their success (or not) is measurable. Kartra provides me with actionable data that is easily and quickly accessible so I'm basing my decisions on real time accurate data. And I can set it up so that I am making money while I sleep

Pros: Has many functions on the one platform. I could use my own domains and favicons. There were some templates to use and the webinar help sessions we useful. It provides realtime actionable data to make good decisions.

Cons: Customers cannot select multiple items of a product in one purchase transaction on a specific date when they want to join one session once that already has others in that session. For a tourist who has a family of 4 people they cant buy 4 tickets and they cant specify that they want to go on a tour that already has people booked on it but there is available space for them. And they cant book for the one tour once.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-16
Robert P.
Director and Master trainer
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-09

"Power for online business"

Pros: I love the solidity of the platform, I can feel it's solid.

Cons: I would like it to be 100% French too, I mainly focus on the French market and as so for the Euro, to be multi currency and more educational options (test, poll, reviews) for my clients would be awesome.

Sergio V.
Internet Marketer
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-09

"The best all in one marketing tools"

Comments: Kartra allows me to solve all the challenges involved in putting together a complete marketing funnel to promote my business on the Internet

Pros: Excellent integration, ease of use, professional tools

Cons: The web page designer is missing some features that are widely used in other systems, such as floating videos on sales pages

Jane P.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-09

"Great and Incredibly Frustrating at the Same Time!"

Comments: I have created my website and sales pages with relative ease. Again, love that all is in one place just don't like how inefficient it is to create things. Walking through everything step by step all the time just to make one simple edit is frustrating.

Pros: What I like most about this software is the ability to house most everything I need in one place. Making internal connections is easy and I like one spot to go for everything.

Cons: What I like the least is how tedious Kartra is. On a daily basis, we have to jump through hoop after hoop to do everything. There appear to be not shortcuts for anything to speed the process along. We sit waiting after every single step and waste significant more time doing daily work than we ever did with Infusionsoft, now Keap. It makes my CEO absolutely nuts as efficiency is very important to her. It is not very efficient.

Manager, operations
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-16

"Great advantage!"

Comments: Really good. Not looking for a replacement. Something good taking into considerations that my company is always looking forward for new software.

Pros: Powerful way to mass sending emails. I like that the let you have over 2000 email subscribers on the most basic plan. We don't even need that much but it comes already standard. So in any way you need expansion won't cost you the extra money. I like that you have all the tools integrated on a single environment.

Cons: Personally I have not experience any negative expert. However to be fair I have accessed from my phone a couple of times at it could do better on the design but o guess it was largely design to be used from a computer.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-16
Nishant K.

"Invaluable Tool"

Comments: A truly all-in-one platform for digital marketing needs.

Pros: Ease of use, Done-for-you funnels, regular addition of new features

Cons: So far, I only have a positive experience!

Lori B.
Systems Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-22

"Kartra for Email"

Comments: Overall, I would highly recommend Kartra. It is a very comprehensive experience, great for online courses and email management, and I have loved using it.

Pros: I love Kartra's advanced features for creating email sequences, tags, funnels, etc. It makes it so easy to target your audience's interests and give each subscriber a customized experience.

Cons: The thing I like least about this software is that it doesn't have a group forum area within their membership feature. This can be supplemented by using Slack or Facebook groups, but there are times where it would be really convenient to have that feature available.

• Reviewed on 2019-06-22
Michele M.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-20

"Amazing value for the money"

Comments: I got a membership site together where I can deliver my content to my students and it's very easy to setup. Plus I can have affiliate partners and easily facilitate and track their sales as well.

Pros: The fact that you can have an email service provider, cart, membership site and landing page builder, all in one, all integrated together for this price is fantastic for a small biz owner like me -- where every penny counts.

Cons: I'm not at all technical, and so there is a small learning curve in terms of how to set everything up. But I got help from a VA who is technical which eased the transition quiet a bit.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-29

"No Phone Support and Ignored By Email"

Comments: This company is a mess. I purchased the product, was very excited. Uploaded my contacts I had built in LinkedIn. Took them forever, but they finally rejected them. I was disappointed but understand their point. But because there were more than 500 contacts (that again were rejected), they bumped my "auto-payment" up from $99 to $199. I missed the email the first month and caught it the second month and canceled that day! I've been trying for over a month and a half to get refunded with ZERO response. But plenty of marketing to get to renew. NO phone support is a disaster. The product is only as good as the company. And the company, unfortunately, is a disaster.

Pros: Campaigns were easy pick and choose. Videos for them worked well.

Cons: Wasn't able to use any of my contacts I had created on LinkedIn

• Reviewed on 2020-10-29
Jonathan T.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-10

"Jack of All Trades, Master of None"

Comments: We used Kartra to create landing pages and membership sites.

Pros: Wow, there are a LOT of features, and a lot of neat, personalization/targeting things you can do when you use Kartra for email, landing pages, membership site, etc.

Cons: The user interface is ugly and hard to use. Kartra is feature-heavy, but it feels like it was built by a programmer or marketer who never talked with a designer.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-10
André V.
Writer
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-01

"Automations, Great Templates and Features"

Comments: Kartra is in the game for professionals. Is robust, with massive pro features and constant contact with users developimg new features as we need it and go forward.

Pros: Extremely easy to setup your entirely business and starting list and nurture your leads. Great graphics and video trainnings. Support always responsive. The email sequence builder is a plus

Cons: The integration in between Kartra and Webinarjam is a crap, this is the only bad point and strange as these two groups are brothers.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-01
Dana R.
Creative Director
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-22

"So, So Good But Lacks In The User-Friendly Department"

Comments: I no longer use Kartra but when I did, the best thing I found was the fact that it was all-in-one. I really liked being able to login to one platform and it was all there, even analytics and in-depth reports based on product, emails, link tracking, etc. It truly was full-service.

Pros: There are a lot of things to like about Kartra, specifically the absolute all-in-one platform they have. It goes far beyond just designing a website/landing page or sending an email. They cover all the bases - from websites, landing pages, email marketing/automation with sequences and tagging, funnels, simple e-commerce, digital downloads, membership sites, help desk, scheduling, forms, affiliates and now an agency solution. If you'd like to consolidate the many platforms you use, Kartra can handle 95% of everything you throw at it. Their support group on Facebook is second to none. They truly care about their people and it shows; it's like a family.

Cons: Learning the platform was a long, complicated process. They have people lined up that will help "onboard" you and while that's extremely helpful and effective, I think it's always beneficial to know your platform inside and out so you can make necessary changes as needed and not have to depend on the support team, or others. Because of the complexity, there's a time-consuming process you'll have to undertake before you can "go live". I mean, it makes sense due to the fullness and depth of their platform, just be sure to go into it knowing: (1), the trial is not nearly long enough to know if it's a right fit for your business, and (2), it'll take time to setup your workflows and make sense of how everything is integrated, and (3), host your videos elsewhere or you'll get eaten alive in bandwith overcharges. Kartra has what they call Kartraverse, which is like a step-by-step training course on how to use their platform. It's superb and very informative; however, it's still in its infancy and you have to wait until they create the next lesson before you can do in-depth with whatever topic they decide, and that was often frustrating. With that said, however, they also do a lot of webinars that are in-depth and full of insight, but sitting through a webinar to find one answer is a bit defeating when you're in a hurry or just not really sure what exactly you're even looking for. Their documentation leaves a little to be needed, however.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-22
Patricia P.
founder and CEO
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-11

"Kartra is simply the best"

Comments: Not only do I set up, host and market my online courses; I use it for my digital appearance and with all the statistics and analytics I know immediately if, how or where to tweak a campaign. Client communication is made easy....

Pros: I do not need any other software to host or market my online courses. Everything ties together. So much time and money saved!

Cons: It has a little bit of a learning curve at the beginning. But when you are willing to dive in, you pretty fast get the clue since there are awesome tutorials and amazing support!

• Reviewed on 2021-05-11
David K.
Owner / Managing Director

"I'm falling in love!"

Pros: I love the simplicity and the way Kartra holds your hand through every-step of the funnel build and membership set up. The onboard analytics are great. The functionality for running our automated webinar is awesome. Building fab looking pages is effortless. Cant wait to move our support desk over and start using some of the advanced functionality. For example, we are looking at implementing the SMS feature to improve our webinar show up rate.

Cons: I haven't found major issues any yet....

Harsha V.
Applications engineer
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-05

"Best platform for marketing in all aspects of business through online"

Comments: It was the only one platform and the best for my current online business. Developing features along with the customer support is great.

Pros: Advanced feature available in this platform helps and it attracts the other viewers and the complete business management can be done. The training tutorials along with the videos with a great support is available.

Cons: At initial stage it is quite complicated to learn the features it consumes little more time. And also this particular platform is quite expensive. The interface can be improved show that it will be helpful for the business start the online business.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-05
Croix S.
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-09

"Great for small and simple businesses but ..."

Comments: Great platform as compared to others especially for small businesses. Kartra is great for the starter businesses and people needing an all-in-one platform. But it is not robust enough for big players to stay exclusively within the platform and will need to integrate with other apps and platforms. But this is typical for high traffic businesses. Still love Kartra after 2 years and hope they get their quirks sorted out and add a real customer service live chat support. That said, now we only use it as a website/landing page builder and for our membership site. For our business and funnel work properly and be more cost effective, we also integrate a different CRM, customer support app, video hosting and payment platform. I've talked to some big player friends with lots of traffic who are also Kartra users and they confirm the same. Love it, but there are glitches and it is expensive for high traffic and sales. We will stay with Kartra for the foreseeable future. We almost switched but nobody has a perfect solution for a high traffic online business. After seeking better options, I found that Kartra is still the best if you don't want to hire a tech team. We can do everything ourselves. Kartra, please add a live tech support system. At least during business hours.

Pros: I love the all-in-one concept. The idea is brilliant and the features are great and the integration is awesome for a basic user and small business. You can do most everything you need right within the platform. Funnels, sales, beautiful websites, incredible landing pages, memberships sites, shopping cart and fully integrate a complete website and sales from start to finish with lots of great analytics. Its the best all-in-one solution out there right now. Its an important part of our business but it is not robust enough for online businesses with lots fo traffic and sales.

Cons: Glitches and cost prohibitive for big businesses. COST: We drive too much traffic and sales to use the all-in-one concept for us. So we use other platforms to host our videos, CRM, customer support, and payments. We use Kartra for websites, landing pages and memberships. Using this multi platform approach we save money and have a more stable online business and funnel. PROBLEMS:
We have had glitches in customer emails being black list after purchase and so they don't receive the welcome email and login to the membership. And we have random password issues for the membership.
This means we have had to create redundancies and a robust customer support system to minimize refunds and complaints. CUSTOMER SUPPORT: While better recently, it still is horrible often taking a day to respond to ask questions and then an additional day to reply with an answer that is often not helpful. Most I trouble shoot myself now. Or I use a work around and that is why we integrate with other platforms. Support tickets only for a digital tech platform like Kartra is frustrating, costing us money when there are issues. USABILITY: Overall very good. I wish they would fix the step-by-step procedure and allow jumping to the section you need. There are definitely areas to make more user friendly. It is similar to thrive themes, so my learning curve was small. But if you are new to this style, it will take a while to get fluent. But it is easy to use overall. I like that a lot.

Brittany D.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-09

"Kartra is a life saver!!"

Pros: I absolutely love the fact that almost everything is in one place. I moved from 5 different software tools into Kartra and was able to save myself $250 per month in software but then probably another 20 hours of time trying to connect all the tools together to work. Now I have 1 place to go and I can build the tech pieces of a simple funnel in under an hour!!

Cons: The builders within the software are not the greatest. I feel that they are slow and clunky. There needs to be a way to save your brand/style guidelines so that you do not have to change the font and color on EVERY SINGLE thing. When you copy and paste text into the page or email builder, it should use the same font that was saved in the template. The Course/membership builder is the same. I would also love it if the CRM function had a place to create follow up tasks that created a task list. I do online marketing but I also do consulting and I have to use another CRM to track those leads because there is not a way for me to set a follow up with a lead in Kartra. Overall I absolutely love Kartra and I am hoping that these things are updated as soon as possible so that I can love it even more!