• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Melio

Pay any vendor or bill for free. Use bank transfer or card even if vendors only accept checks.

Learn more about Melio

Ryan A.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-20

"Best Transfer Service Available"

Comments: Compared to our prior way of making payments to vendors, Melio makes it extremely easier and even saves us money!

Pros: Melio in my opinion is the best transfer service available. Simple and quick to use, it offers a tremendous value. Furthermore, customer service is one of the best I've dealt with.

Cons: It would be great if there was an ability to send international wires in other currencies. For example, in Chinese Yuan.

by Melio on 2020-12-27

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. We are happy to hear Melio has proved easier and more cost-effective for your business than your previous payment service. We will pass your kind words along to our hard-working customer support team. About international payments, we are currently working on this feature, so stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 2020-12-20
Kate B.
CFO
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees

"Melio Feedback"

Comments: I am happy with the product, especially since it is free for the functionality I am using it for. I would be willing to pay a small fee (at least the cost of a stamp) to have live checks be processed and mailed on the same day that the payment is processed.

Pros: I love that I can pay all invoices without printing and mailing checks. It is also great that the program completely integrates with QuickBooks so the bills show up automatically in Melio, and with a few clicks I can pay all of the bills.

Cons: It takes over a week for a live check to be delivered to a vendor, which is a long time.

by Melio on 2020-12-20

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review. We are glad Melio has been able to save you time and busywork. We are currently working on a fast check feature and it should be available soon, so stay tuned.

Herbert R.
Computer Hardware, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-14

"Painless payments for painful payees"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: I was able to set up payments to the very few vendors that absolutely demand being paid via ACH rather than needing to consolidate my business transactions through a software suite to make it worthwhile.
It is also incredibly affordable or free for the transactions, and there has not been problems.

Cons: There was a feature that was pretty adept at picking up an invoice PDF and setting it up as a pending bill, but the accuracy has gone down. Nothing to cry about though as I have always triple checked things!

by Melio on 2020-12-20

Hi Herbert, thank you for the fantastic review. We are delighted to hear Melio has been able to take some of the pain out of making business payments - it's what we're here for. We would also like to thank you for your feedback which we will pass along to the team.

Adrienne L.
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

"Not on time"

Comments: If Melio does not deliver your payments on time I don’t see how it will benefit companies.

Pros: Modern, ease of use, could be useful and a good idea.

Cons: No matter the date you choose they are late processing and will make you late on due dates.

Nicole G.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-29

"Great overall but could use some improvements"

Comments: I've had some slow responses in the past when transactions haven't gone through smoothly but overall I've been happy with their customer service and their service.

Pros: It's easy to use and it does what it advertises.

Cons: I don't like that the fees get lumped into one big payment. I would prefer separate bills for each transaction fee. I would also like to have the option to see when a check was deposited by the vendor (and see a copy of the check) instead of having to reach out to customer service each time.

Dante D.
Co-Owner
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-14

"A great service overall"

Pros: Straight to the point - it simply and effectively works.

Cons: I haven't run into any issues so far. No complaints!

by Melio on 2020-12-20

Hi Dante, thank you for posting such a great review. Glad to hear you have had no issues with us :-)

Terrance P.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-09

"Nightmare experience followed by horrible support - run away fast"

Comments: Like having your business murdered.

Pros: It doesnt have any pros compared to the damage it caused us

Cons: It made us a victim of fraud and their support team is even more inadequate than quickbooks online support.

by Melio on 2021-06-02

Hi Terrance, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Without publicly getting into the specifics of your case, we've confirmed that the duplicate check issue you encountered has been addressed and resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you need any further assistance: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2021-04-09
Lynne D.
Finance Director
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-02

"Garbage"

Comments: The chap I have been dealing with on the helpdesk has been lovely but his hands are tied. This mess is all the compliance area. What a disaster.

Pros: I originally liked it because our customers could choose to pay by their bank account with no fees. We are a preschool serving a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds and being able to pay online made it easy for our families to pay their tuition fees without incurring extra costs.....BUT

Cons: We trialed it, then used it with a couple of parents and it worked well....FOR 1 MONTH!! Now they can't (won't) verify us as a company! It appears that they don't have the systems that make this an automated transaction platform. Real people at their company are deciding each month what they will allow and not allow - how bizarre is that!

by Melio on 2020-11-05

Hi Lynne, we are sorry you feel this way. Without getting into the specifics of your case, Melio is a business-to-business payment tool, allowing small business owners to make payments to other businesses online. For compliance reasons, we cannot approve transactions in which one or more of the parties is not a business. We would be happy to discuss the details via a separate channel and you are welcome to contact our support team at any time.

Team Melio.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-02
Joanne A.
Director of Admin. Services
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees

"Great Bill Pay Service"

Pros: Melio is very easy to use. I love that you can upload the invoice and it preloads most of the necessary fields to process payments. Everything transfers over to our quickbooks accounts. The option to pay with our credit card is very convenient.

Cons: We are a pharmaceutical company and unfortunately cannot pay for our pharmaceuticals through Melio due to some compliance issues.

Kyle B.
Managing Director
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-31

"Good; need international payments"

Pros: It is very convenient to use and the QB integration is a huge plus. I use this for Domestic transactions.

Cons: I really hope you make INTERNATIONAL payments possible really soon. I do business with vendors in China, Argentina, Bolivia, Philippines and I hope to use Melio's services to pay my vendors.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-31
Jason K.
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-17

"The easiest way to pay vendors"

Comments: Absolutely love it!

Pros: Love using this to easily pay all my vendors, track payments and of course have the flexibilty to use a credit card vs bank account as a funding option.

Cons: Improved workflow to add new vendors. Time for payment by check to get delivered.

by Melio on 2020-12-27

Hi Jason, thank you for this amazing review and for your important feedback. We are glad to hear you are finding Melio to be useful and easy and that you enjoy our features and interface. We are currently working to add fast payment options, so stay tuned.

David T.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-08

"Fantastic, easy to use product"

Comments: I have cut back on hand written checks by 90%, which saves me 2-3 hours and ACH transactions are more secure and immediate than mail.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and the product feels very secure.

Cons: Copying vendors between stores under the same company would be a great feature. I found the Quickbooks integration clunky, as every time I made a payment it made several entries, but it's fast enough to manually enter payments.

by Melio on 2020-12-20

Hi David, thank you for posting such a great review. We are glad to hear using Melio saves your business so much time - it's what we're here for! We would also like to thank you for your valuable feedback and will pass it along to the team to see what can be improved.

Katherine M.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-10

"High marks for ease of use and customer service"

Comments: Overall I've been very pleased with Melio. We currently only use it to pay vendors which is all we need and for that it's perfect. The payments are fast, secure, and easy to set up. I should have signed up for this service long ago!

Pros: Pros are user friendly, customer service, speed of payment.

Cons: I don't know that I've found any cons yet. So far the program has given me exactly what I've needed it to. I guess the only thing is not being able to merge two vendors that are the same but accidentally created if both have a payment already made on them.

by Melio on 2020-12-20

Hi Katherine, thank you so much for this great review. So happy to hear Melio has been able to simplify your bill pay process and we're super grateful to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-10
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-15

"They Cancelled My Account"

Comments: Not dandy, not happy

Pros: I have no idea if I cannot use it, I cannot know

Cons: My client wanted to pay with a bank transfer, so I signed up for Melio. I set up the account, verify the deposit, all looked like it is working properly. Now my client signed the contract, I sent him a payment request, he paid and a day later I get notified that my account could not be verified and the payment won't go through. This is so embarrassing. Instead of them contacting me and request whatever proof they need, do this discreetly, and continue the process, they just kicked me off. I have no idea why. Why not at the time I signed up. Why am I verifying my bank account last week was not enough? It is a business account. This payment is business to business. My business has been around since 2011. I really don't know. Now I either have to find another payment method or somehow get this back working and ask my client again to pay. It is just not a reliable way for me to do business. They will wonder if I cannot even get their payment coming through what kind of service I will provide. That is a bad way to build trust with a new client. Thanks, Melio

by Melio on 2021-06-28

Hi, our Risk & Compliance team determined we are unable to support your transactions. While we cannot publicly discuss the details of your case, if you would like to provide us with further information and appeal our decision you can reach out directly to: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2021-06-15
Daniel A.
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-11

"Makes paying vendors and suppliers so easy!!!"

Comments: Great, simply great!!!

Pros: Very easy to use user interface, was able to log right in and immediately start setting up payments. Love the options of ACH and check payments, options in my line of business are always a plus!

Cons: I would like to see our business logo on the checks, branding is important to us at all service levels.

Svilena O.
Food Production, 2-10 Employees

"We love Melio"

Comments: As a small business owner my time is limited and I love that Melio feels like my partner!

Pros: I usually pay vendors with Melio and it is so easy to plan ahead!

Cons: I can’t think of anything. I really like your service!

by Melio on 2020-12-20

Hi Svilena, thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review. We appreciate your business and our partnership and are so happy to learn we have made your life as a small business owner easier - it's what we're here for!

Madonna B.
Practice Coordinator
Accounting Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-11

"Horrible Customer Service"

Comments: Very poor responses from Customer Service. They have held my client's money captive for two weeks while they investigate. A check was marked as deposited and it was a different check completely. Different vendor and $ amount. It wasn't even a check for my client's vendor! It takes 2 days to get a response when I have to follow up. Overall, they suck.

Pros: Easy to use if you are only ACH'ing money.

Cons: Checks are lost, sent twice, logged as deposited when not.

by Melio on 2021-02-28

Hi MaDonna, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Without publicly getting into the specifics of your case, we can confirm that the issue has been addressed and we are sending you a refund. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you need any further assistance: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2021-02-11
Allen K.
Administrator
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-29

"Great Solution for Payments"

Pros: We primarily use Melio to pay vendors that we can't pay online. It works great for that purpose! Simply enter the invoice, go through the steps of setting up the payment, and it processes the payment without me having to print, stamp, and mail checks.

Cons: I wish that it would sync the address info with Quickbooks. We have to enter it in both places currently.

Raphael M.
Financial Services Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-17

"Melio Professional Review"

Comments: Melio helped me to liquidate cash so that I could invest in a higher ROI investment. The process was simple and I am very satisfied with their service.

Pros: I love the low fees and the promotions for liquidating cash from credit cards.

Cons: Not much of a downside to the service here. It is pretty straightforward.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-17
Warith M.
Media Production, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-04

"Great Idea! - poorly implemented, at least by Melio"

Comments: Horrific customer support. Replies take hours. They are extremely slow, inexperienced and have no customer support interest. You are truly own your own with the platform and service. Melio also has no phone number, and eventually will stop responding.

Pros: Excellent way to pay contractors and check-only vendors with credit card

Cons: The system has many flaws, their credit card authorization platform confuses the Company address and the credit card billing address resulting in AVS mismatches when authorizing. Only work around is to change company address and card billing address to match. Melio refuses to acknowledge this issue. Also Melio's system does not have real-time CC authorization, it takes several hours.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-04
Veronica N.
Business Consultant
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-05

"Quick set up and cheapest solution to receive ACH payments"

Comments: Melio has smooth our collection process by providing the easiest way to receive online payments from our customers. Is easy to set up, easy to use, clean and smooth for our customers, and the best it is free for our customers to send ACH.

Pros: I love the interface is easy to use and the setup with our bank was super simple. I love this solution is simple and basically free of charge if your customers pay with ACH.

Cons: I would like a kind of integration with Quickbooks Desktop in order to keep the payments updates automatically

by Melio on 2021-06-13

Hi Veronica, thank you for posting your review. We are very happy to hear Melio made your life easier - that was and remains our goal. We have good news! We are currently working on an integration with QuickBooks Desktop, and it should be available soon, so stay tuned.

• Reviewed on 2021-06-05
Partner
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-29

"Melio changed the way we pay bills and receive payments"

Comments: - Reduce waiting times for customer payments (via check) to arrive
- Cash flow leverage - I can use a credit card to pay my bills
- Take advantage of credit card reward programs while paying bills
- No need for us to charge customers for credit card processing fees

Pros: - I can use any payment method (all major credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts) to pay my bills
- Easy ACH payment implementation for paying bills
- I can receive payments from customers quickly, relieving them of the need to mail checks and providing various options to pay me

Cons: - it seems that many features are still in development and not necessarily thought over yet
- communication about incoming payments and their status needs to be more transparent

Jason H.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-15

"A Cut to the Chase Solution"

Comments: Customer service is second to none. You really get the sense that the people speaking to you care about the product and care about how you are using it. I've had several people reach out to me just to make sure everything was okay and that we were getting the most out of the product. The interface needs a little work to make it easier to use, feels a bit clunky at times, that and the other things listed above are some issues that need to be incorporated in but other than that we love using Melio for our needs.

Pros: Melio is a great product we recently had the opportunity to discover. I was very impressed at how easy it integrated to our accounting in Quickbooks. This is the main reason I found it so vital in our operation. Before we started using Melio there never really was a great solution for paying people by different means. We had some vendors who wanted printed checks and still others who preferred an electronic payment. Melio makes it easy for your company to pay people safely and quickly.

Cons: I have to say I really like the software so far but there are a couple of items I would really like to see and these items almost stopped me from deciding to use the product. First, the paper checks really need an overhaul to look more professional and branded from a specific company. I've had freelancers who wonder if the check is legitimate because it doesn't have our logo or they can't see that it's coming from us. Paper checks definitely need some work...also, the ability to run a simple payroll out of Melio wold be helpful so that you can eliminate printing checks in your office completely. It would be nice to be able to simply pay employees through Melio as well as freelancers. I know that there are work arounds, but we need a dedicated way to pay employees added.

by Melio on 2020-12-20

Hi Jason, thank you for posting such an amazing review. We are very happy to hear you find Melio's various payment options useful and that our service is able to save you time and hassle. Also, thank you for your valuable insights into our product - we will pass them along to the relevant teams.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-15
Ryan rey Y.
Accountant
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-20

"Payment Solution that works"

Comments: Melio has an excellent customer support and resolves any issues quickly.

Pros: We choose this product since it seamlessly integrates with our accounting software. It also allows us to send paper checks without the hassle of printing and mailing them.

Cons: There is nothing really to dislike about the software with how our company is using it right now. I do hope for a much better interface and a more informative dashboard in the future.

by Melio on 2021-05-31

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and that our customer support team has been able to assist you. We appreciate your detailed feedback and will take it into account as we continue to improve our product and service.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-20
George A.
Portfolio Management
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-23

"Great Software"

Comments: It has been great overall: saves me a lot of time, great price point, and customer service has reached out to me numerous times to tell me about new functions and to check in.

Pros: The ease of use is incredible. I simply drop one of my invoices into the software and generate a check within seconds. So much easier than writing checks by hand. Melio has saved me hours in productivity.

Cons: I would like more integration into Quickbooks. Also, sometimes when you drop a new vendor's invoice, the software doesn't read it correctly.

by Melio on 2020-12-27

Hi George, thank you so much for this wonderful review and for your important feedback. We are so happy to hear Melio is making your life easier and saving you valuable working hours - it's what we're here for! We will pass your input along to the relevant teams and continue to work to make our service even better.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-23