Venmo Reviews

4.7 (8,877) Write a Review!

About Venmo

Mobile-based social commerce platform that enables users to carry out money transmission across all types of purchases.

Learn more about Venmo

Pros:

I like the ease and rapidity with which Venmo makes it possible to send and receive money, especially for business purposes.

Cons:

Also, there really are no payment protections, so if you send money to the wrong person (which sometimes through no fault of your own), you can be "up a creek" (so to speak).

Venmo ratings

4.8
4.4
4.6
4.8

9.1/10

Venmo has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 8,877 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Venmo before?

Filter reviews (8,885)

Gina
Entrapenu in US
Executive Office, 2-10 Employees

Venmo is For the new aged business person.

Comments: Overall my experience like I said has been good with venmo I like it that it's versatile it's mobile everything is pretty much self-explanatory you know now there's Bitcoin you can buy I like it that I can use it for my business I can use it for personal I can use it anyway that I need to to fit the particular situation that I'm dealing with that's a great option I don't like that to cash a check you have to use the one particular service it would be nice if they offered several services so that you could choose which one you wanted to go through what rate you paid and then again like I said if you don't get accepted through one because they have issues or glitches or technical issues there is a backup that you can go through cuz some clients pay with checks and then that means we have to have a separate bank account to cash checks and I like the point of keeping everything together so that I can keep all my business stuff in one place

Pros:

The features that I like most about them always is mostly that it's a very mobile and very versatile service that I can offer not only to my clients but that I use myself I not only use this in my business but I use it personally as well and it just makes it so much easier for me to be able to do all my banking or payments in one spot I can cash a check I can get a direct deposit I can take payments I can send money all of this while I'm still moving around and doing everything that I can for my business it's a great program a great payment option and a great way to be able to look at what you're doing financially while you're on the go.

Cons:

I guess the feature that I least liked is that they use Ingo for their check cashing services and I have had issues as well as other people that I know with Ingo because they will shut you out of their system and not really give you a reason and getting through to customer service and getting it sorted is almost impossible and very time-consuming and in my field that's something I do not have time for is to sit down and talk for hours and try and figure out something that I have no idea was a problem and it usually turns out that it's a technical error or it's a glitch or it takes a long time to fix and by the time they do that you found an alternative to doing what you needed to do anyway so that's my only con with venmo is that they use that one check cashing service so if you want to cash a check and you can't use Ingo then you can't use that feature of venmo and that's that's a downplay

Lena
Veterinary Software, 2-10 Employees

Venmo for business is a must

Comments: I think Venmo is a great option for businesses to accept payments. It has trust, security, and financial stability, so I don’t have to worry about mine or my customers information being stolen or my money being lost. I like that I am able to use across everything I need, from mobile payments to pos. It is so easy to use and I can track all of my sales and history easily.

Pros:

I like the many payment options, the ease of use, and the trust I have for the company.

Cons:

There are some features that should be more customizable, and the fees could be a bit more competitive.

Cicily
Marketing Director in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Venmo Review

Comments: I love that it is really simple to use from offering the expense of a dinner to a companion to paying for products bought from a companion or merchant. No expenses, not all that much or obscure.

Pros:

Speedy, helpful installments Allowed to send cash from a financial balance or charge card Low charge for Mastercard installments Can pay for buys at select organizations Offers a check card and a Mastercard Adds a social component to sending and getting cash

Cons:

At present, Venmo is just accessible in the United States. Along these lines, don't anticipate utilizing it on any of your impending worldwide voyages. It depends on an informal community of known companions and individuals in close geographic nearness to convey advanced installments. What's another impediment you really want to know about with the application? It's just accessible for individual use when connected to a Visa or ledger. Along these lines, even those organizations that pay an expense to acknowledge it can't straightforwardly utilize it. The organization likewise puts a cap on client exchanges of $4,999.99 each week. This breaking point is applied on a moving premise. The equivalent goes for getting reserves. At the end of the day, on the off chance that you really want to send a huge amount of cash, look somewhere else. Or on the other hand separate enormous exchanges into more modest aggregates paid more than a little while. At long last, pundits have raised worries with Venmo's present security conventions. They stay wary with regards to the portable application's capacity to secure individuals' accounts. All things considered, the organization has questioned these reactions various occasions by stressing security settings.

Brian
Videographer/Photographer/Blogger/Notary/Signing Agent in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Why your business needs Venmo!

Comments: I love using Venmo and prefer it to any other payment method - its just so darn easy to use! I love it and you will too!

Pros:

With Venmo your business never has to sacrifice an order for payment issues! Venmo remains a top competitor in the payment processing market because of its versatility, ease of use, reliability, support and recognition - if you don’t have Venmo these days people start wondering what rock you’ve been hiding under! Venmo’s user analytics and usability are top of the line and will make the payment of every sale the easiest part of the process!

Cons:

I have nothing bad to report, the app is practically flawless for the purpose it serves! If there’s anything to perhaps improve upon initially it would be the inclusion of crypto currency as crypto will continue to rise in popularity around the world.

Krishnamoorthy
Krishnamoorthy
Founder in Sri Lanka

Easy way to send and receive money

Comments: Venmo does not charge recurring fees, such as monthly or yearly fees, like other payment services. When sending money from a bank account, debit card, or your Venmo balance, there are no fees charged. Payment apps charge a 3 percent fee for credit card transactions, which is typical throughout the industry. There are also no fees associated with receiving money or transferring it to your bank account, unless you choose an immediate transfer rather than a regular transfer.
Venmo has a unique selling point in that it is not your normal payment app. Likes, comments, and messages are linked to each payment in this payments software, which incorporates popular social network elements such as likes, comments, and messages. Others, on the other hand, believe that it makes money transfers more enjoyable, which some users find to be true.

Pros:

It is quick and simple to use. Finally, but certainly not least, it has a large user base, which means that many of your connections may already be using it. Venmo's success may be attributed in large part to its simplicity of use. There is very little of a learning curve. You may download it and begin sending and receiving money within minutes of installing it. Using Venmo to divide costs is also a breeze since it provides an on-screen calculator when you transfer or request money from someone. You may also send or request the same amount from several people at the same time if you're sharing a bill with a group of people.

Cons:

Once you've made a payment via Venmo, there is no way to reverse it. The money is sent promptly to the intended recipient. If you need a payment to be refunded, Venmo advises that you contact the receiver and request the money back. Other than that, you may request that Venmo's customer service reverse the payment on your behalf; however, they can only do so if the receiver accepts, if their account is in good shape, and if they still have the cash in the bank.

Nicole
Blogger in Zimbabwe
Animation, 11-50 Employees

Venmo personal review

Comments: My overall experience has been fair. Venmo's appearance is really good and makes me feel good being there. There are so many options that l used myself to make it more flexible for my business to send out and receive money. There are problems with scammers and detecting them. In the end its a good website.

Pros:

Quick, convenient payments which makes it amazing in the times l really need to send out money under pressure. Free to send money from a bank account or debit card which is amazing because in my country we cant send money internationally so using venmo to make my payments international has made my experiences much more flexible. Low fee for credit card payments which is rare to find because everyone wants a commision and it is really good that you also have compassion for your customers. The website can pay for purchases at select businesses that l choose without me going there physically. Offers a debit card and a credit card that is international which makes it easier for me to make payments with websites that dont offer e-wallets. Adds a social element to sending and receiving money making it more user freindly and more appealing view.

Cons:

Payments are public by default and this makes me feel a little uncomfortable knowing people know about financial part of my business. This will probably make it easy for internet crimes to happen. Can't cancel payments which is fastrating because i do make mistakes when l am entering infomationa and l look aheadcand l cant go back. This is making me give out unnecssary payments not meant for those people. Popular with scammers and this is making it harder to detect who is real to work with and whos not. This makes the website a bit difficult to work on with those type of people.

Eric R.
Eric R.
Chief Product Officer in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Venmo is a great consumer product with limited use for business

Comments: Venmo's incredible ease of use makes it essential for interacting with other people with whom I might loan or pay money for simple things. For vendors, it's a solid way to get access to credit card payments with okay fees.

Pros:

Venmo is dead simple to use, with the QR code scan and effortless options to ask for payments or send them. The number of people who signed up for Venmo also helps - most younger folks are on it.

Cons:

The social aspect of the software is a bit odd in that I'm not in the least bit interested in what my friends are paying one another for. When people get funny, I suppose it could be entertaining but too much of the feed is people paying each other for rent, groceries and other mundane stuff. Additionally, this present a business challenge where you need to be cautious about posting your purchases if it's a private purchase for your business.

Cierra
Order puller in US
Warehousing, 10,000+ Employees

Venmo - 1 CashApp - none

Comments: My experience with Venmo was and is exceptional. I haven’t had even one bad thing happen with this app and it’s very reassuring to know your in good hands when doing transactions! Nobody wants to have to worry about where there money is and it’s safe to say that Venmo keeps your money and information secure and protected!

Pros:

I loooooove Venmo! My favorite thing is that it’s safe because it’s completely controlled by you and only you! They also have tons of new features like a debit card. Plus they have customer service reps ready to help you with whatever, whenever! So you can send and receive money any time from anybody that has a Venmo account. Why is that special? Because it’s painless and timeless! This is my #1 app for transactions because it gets them done in no time. If your anything like me, I’m always on the go between kids, there sports, and work this app just really speeds things up when I need it most!

Cons:

I think the only downside of Venmo for me is that my transactions are public so anybody that has a Venmo account can see them. It’s not bad per se but it’s not something I love.

Sean
Sean
Marketing Assistant in US

Perfect for accepting payments as a small business and band

Comments: We use Venmo to accept many forms of payment for shows and merchandise sales and I could not be happier with our results in doing so. We can now accept more in payment from fans and friends where in the past it was dependant upon whether they had cash in hand or not. I cannot say enough good things about Venmo in regard to is making the lives of small businesses and bands easier in the current time.

Pros:

Makes taking payment for anything (t-shirts, vinyls, tickets) incredibly easy as the user pool is so vast that nearly anyone you come into contact with will have this app on their smartphone. It makes our lives as musicians increasingly easy as the world becomes more digital and has increased our revenue ten fold. We no longer have to swipe any cards or accept cash only as shows now that we use venmo as our primary point of sale.

Cons:

SOmetimes the scanning of other profiles does not work as intended. This feature working properly is incredibly useful and when it works properly it takes out the guessing in payment forwarding which is very nice.

Andy
Manager in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Amazing Payment Solution for Many Applications

Comments: Venmo has always been a great experience and very intuitive...even for people who aren't technologically inclined. Everyone we have used it with or introduced it to has continued to use it afterwards with great results. We plan on using it for even more as it allows in the future. It's much easier and quicker than PayPal which seems to have been the standard until now.

Pros:

Venmo is an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer money between people in a company for expenses and more as well as accept payments for merchandise (with the new business account options) and even pay people for their services. Since multiple people can be logged on, it allows 4 of us to operate financially when necessary without a delay. You can easily write what each payment is for and download monthly statements to keep accurate records of all of your transactions. Even better, most people have it and use it now so compatibility is rarely an issue. It makes everything we do faster and our customers even more pleased as they can pay for merchandise, tickets, or even simply donate at the click of a button!

Cons:

The only tough thing about Venmo that rarely arises is if someone doesn't use it. In that case, we need to have a paypal or cash option ready but that's not an actual problem with the application itself. It would be great if they could add annual statements to their download option in addition to the monthly statements. Annual statements would save some time during tax season!

Advertising Account Executive in US
Newspapers, 11-50 Employees

Very efficient and popular

Comments: Since integrating Venmo as an additional payment option that my clients can utilize to pay their invoices, my collections have gone down, the average age on debt was cut in half and my business has actually increased because the level of trust clients have in me increased as they saw me as more of a partner than a vendor. All around, my business has benefited greatly .

Pros:

the first thing is that it is very simple to register, add an account and implement. the second pro is the fact that so many people are using Venmo. I thought it would be a challenge to implement as a business tool to collect payments from clients but I was very wrong. In fact, the majority of the clients I approached with this option were already registered.

Cons:

the 2 biggest challenges to overcome were the security concerns people have about providing payment and account information online and chance of it being hacked. Having done the research on the product, those concerns were quickly alleviated and Venmo actually provided me with collateral to give my clients who had such concerns. the second challenge was overcoming the "Social Media" aspect. Venmo obviously gained it's popularity from the consumer side by incorporating a social media feel to it. Businesses on the other hand do NOT want their payments, collections, etc. broadcast in social media platform. It takes some convincing but once the ease with which payments can be obtained from their customers and how that can help increase revenues is properly explained, 9 of 10 clients jumped on board.

Shannon
Speech Therapist in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Venmo is a MUST HAVE

Comments: I know VENMO is owned by PayPal, but VENMO is so much better in the day to day of collecting and sending money. My kids have it, making is super easy for me to "pay them back" or for them to get paid by a neighbor for babysitting or helping out in some way. Also great for "collecting" from people for a teachers gift. Some cons: the default option is "public." Sort of like face book or Instagram, the list of "who" you have paid and your comment are public. The amount is not. I set mine to "private", but that is NOT the default. If you want to spy on your kids and their record is "public" it's super easy. Also, it must tie to a cell phone and only one VENMO account per cell phone number and per bank account. This can make it harder to get your kids on VENMO if they don't have an active cell number (google voice does not count!, I tried it). Also with your spouse/partner, they cannot be hooked up to the same bank account as you on VENMO. The functional outcome of this often is that just one of you may have VENMO on your device. Lastly, you need to know someone's VENMO ID first. If you pay the wrong person, there's no getting your money back unless they kindly return it. There is a cell phone verification process that helps though or you can "friend" someone first to be sure you have the right contact before sending money. The biggest pro, it's super quick. You can request or send money almost instantly. Definite must-have. Get a friend to show you how to use it.

Pros:

Super easy to transfer funds to anyone. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to request or send money. No more "not collecting" from friends for "their share" of the night out, you just send a "request". Very easy to send a tip or pay a babysitter.

Cons:

You can't tie your VENMO to a savings account. Must have a cell number, google voice doesn't count. Can be hard to search for people. Setting default is "public" meaning others can see who you have sent money to and what you wrote in the comments. You must write something in the comments or put an emoji for each transaction even if you don't want to.

LAURA
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Perfect for person-to-person, not the best for businesses

Comments: I use venmo for personal use outside of the business very regularly. I choose not to use it for my business for the reasons I listed in my cons.

Pros:

This is probably the easiest and most user friendly money transferring app that I have used. Venmo charges the user a very small percentage to do an instant transfer and there are no fees to do a transfer that takes 1-3 business days. If you are out for drinks and decide to put the bill on one person's card, you can easily send them money to cover your portion and they'll have it before the check even comes. If you need your money transferred to your bank immediately, you can have it within less than 3 minutes. Another pro is that nearly everyone has it on their phones these days and that keeps things simple.

Cons:

It does keep track of your payments, received and sent; however, I feel that the use of venmo in a business is highly unprofessional and it can be a negative to the recipient. If a business owner or worker receives money for goods or services, they are charged a fee. While this fee percentage is very small, if you charge more than $100.00 for whatever your business provides, you're charged a fee and that adds up. For example, I sent money for $1,400.00 and received a very nasty email from the recipient saying that they were charged $14.00 just to pull the money. This is only with instant transfer, as I said, but it is something to be remembered for business owners.

Kyle
Kyle
Student in US
Motion Pictures & Film, Self Employed

Text Your Friend's Money

Comments: Overall Venmo is one of the most useful apps I currently have downloaded. Having a way to transfer money from my debit card with an app is extremely convenient. Not only that but having a Venmo Card that doesn't even need me to transfer money to the bank is amazing. Most of the people I know with a smartphone also already own Venmo so after a meal or going to the movies, transferring money using Venmo is as simple as texting your friend's money.

Pros:

Venmo has helped me in a countless amount of situations when dealing with money transactions. Its simplicity and ease of use allow for people who aren't as tech-savvy to transfer money without having to take a trip to the bank to go through a complicated process of transaction that could result in scams. I also think that the feature of people seeing your Venmo transactions is a cute addition to the app and adds a bit of humor along with the app instead of it looking like any ol' boring transaction app. Of course, not everyone wants their transactions seen by their peers so there is the option to turn it off. When opening the app, it requires a Face ID which adds a touch of security so anyone using your phone can't abuse the app. Adding people to your friend's list is also incredibly simple since your contacts can be added with the touch of a button and adding others requires entering a username. If you have money left in your Venmo, you can use a Venmo Card which is a debit card that directly takes money out of your Venmo account rather than your bank when purchasing anything. However, if you do not own a Venmo Card then you directly deposit your money to your bank account whenever necessary. Venmo has so many amazing features that make it a great app to use whenever you need to. Although Venmo may have not been the first money transaction application, it certainly is one of the easiest and most popular which allows for anyone to transfer money to each other.

Cons:

Venmo has many great features and not much to improve upon. One thing to note, however, is that when transferring money from your Venmo account to your bank account, a 1% fee will be deducted when transferring INSTANTLY. But honestly, this feature does not bother me at all plus there is the option to transfer it to your bank in a couple of days with 0 fees. Although not necessary I do think they could add a faster way to transfer money. My idea was that you could use voice control such as Siri, Alexa, or Google Home and tell them to transfer money to any one of your Venmo friends. I feel like Venmo has a lot of potential for new features but I don't feel like it doesn't need to be implemented as transferring money is already easy enough. Adding a dark mode or being able to change your color scheme may also be a neat feature.

Associate Director in US
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

So easy and many friends, family and colleagues use this!

Comments: Love venmo! Literally use it with all my friends, family, colleagues, and businesses that accept payment via venmo. I rarely find someone who doesn't have this. It seems to be continously growing and asked of when coordinating payment of something. Highly recommend this software!

Pros:

Takes a few simple steps to set up and start your account/link to your bank. So many people use this app that i rarely find someone who doesn't have it. Makes going out and splitting the bill with friends so much easier - to paying your babysitter, hairdresser, or the person who grabbed coffee for you, and so much more in a matter of seconds. People can also charge you or you can charge others when they owe you to help remind them and stay organized. Besides using the app, they push notifications to you every time someone pays or charges you, as well as when you make payment to someone. They will even send you an email to help stay on top of things.

Cons:

Only down side to this working in fundraising and as someone who makes philanthropic donations, many people want to donate through venmo but the platform isn't currently set up for this capability. I believe they are in a pilot mode for this capability but doesn't feel like they are moving fast enough on it and once it does go live, will it be easy to implement? Larger organizations have trouble with this, while i see smaller, less complex organizations being able to implement well. Huge potential though for this software!

Aaron
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

Venmo has to be the best

Pros:

Venmo is great! I downloaded the mobile app almost 2 years ago when I first heard about it and now I use it daily. This past summer I ran a local auto detailing business and many of my customers asked me if I took Venmo as a paying option, and sure enough, I did! This made things so helpful as each payment was instant and on the spot. Another great feature of the app is how user-friendly it is and easy to follow. Personally, I would recommend Venmo to anyone, whether it is for business, personal use, or friends.

Cons:

I do prefer Venmo as my money exchange app of choice, but it is not perfect in my opinion. I think that a portion of the "friend" features could be improved to avoid any privacy issues. Some of the capabilities that Venmo allows you to do can allow people to view all your transactions and friends. People and their money can be a careful subject so safety and privacy should be Venmo's concern.

Nadia
Entrepreneur in Switzerland
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

A great way to divide costs, reimburse individuals and get paid!

Comments: Venmo has allowed me to quickly and easily pay and receive funds. It's a useful tool to have among other payment options, and I find it useful to just let some money accrue in Venmo from payments so I can easily pay others, without having to transfer from my bank account. Venmo has saved me time, fees from transferring and complexity in issuing some payments.

Pros:

It's an easy way to directly send money to someone. With a few clicks you can send money to a contact or likewise, easily receive money. You can indicate what the payment is for, and the money accumulates in your Venmo account. You can easily transfer it to your bank account, as well. It's a great way to pay on the go, in a simple way, without having to enter or know your payee's bank account information, address or anything else!

Cons:

You can only pay someone who has a Venmo account, so this is a small restriction that might not make it the default option for everyone. It's also quite informal, so it might not be the best way to receive or send money to clients or professional contacts.

Stephanie
Teacher in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees

Venmo customer review

Comments: My overall experience with Venmo has been amazing. Now that I am so familiar with this app I can have my customers pay me that way with no extra charges or hidden fees - which in return have boosted my sales in my business. I have also recently had to deal with customer service due to charges on my Venmo card that were not me, and customer service was so amazing to work with. They figured out the problem, and had my money back in just a few days. Loved dealing with such helpful people who truly cared about my problem.

Pros:

I love Venmo for many reasons, but one of my favorites is that they offer a debit card to use for your Venmo account. It is so nice being able to use money I have in my Venmo out at a store, on top of shopping online. The reload feature makes it even easier to use my card out at stores even if I dont have enough in my actual Venmo account it will then take from my bank account, but the fact that I can turn relaods off at any time I want makes this app perfection for me!

Cons:

I honestly dont have any complaints at all about this software at this time - BEFORE I got my Venmo debit card my only complaint was that some stores online dont offer paying with Venmo, but now that i have the card the stores that dont specifically list "Venmo" as a payment method I just put my card number in. So, easy fix.

Thandile
Freelancer in South Africa
Entertainment, Self Employed

A better alternative to Paypal!

Comments: I use Venmo all an opportunity to pay loved ones. It's particularly valuable for parting bills. I additionally use Venmo for merchandise and ventures like with my stylist and back rub specialist! It's so quick and simple to send cash by means of the application. You don't have to get your wallet. out.

Pros:

This is presumably the least demanding and most easy to use cash moving application that I have utilized. Venmo charges the client a tiny rate to do a moment move and there are no expenses to do an exchange that takes 1-3 business days. On the off chance that you are out for beverages and choose to put the bill on one individual's card, you can undoubtedly send them cash to cover your part and they'll have it before the check even comes. On the off chance that you need your cash moved to your bank promptly, you can include it inside under 3 minutes. Another ace is that almost everybody has it on their telephones nowadays and that keeps things basic.

Cons:

There truly aren't numerous cons with Venmo. I would say one worry that clients might need to investigate is that on the off chance that they utilize a Mastercard rather than bank data as their essential wellspring of cash, the application will charge additional expenses. This is a minor grumbling, however I've known a couple of clients who had been unconscious of this and were paying an expense for every exchange.

Heather
Marketing Manager in US

Top Notch!

Comments: Venmo has made not having cash on hand very convenient. Whether it's collecting funds for a teacher gift or paying someone back for lunch at the office, it's quick, easy, convenient, safe and it's nice that you can keep a Venmo balance or transfer the money directly into your linked bank account.

Pros:

This app makes it easy to make payments, reimbursements and other monetary transactions. It's safe, secure and user friendly platform makes this app my go to. It was easily linked with bank accounts, the ability to make the transaction public or private and add "friends" was a great tool.

Cons:

The thing I like least about this software is that sometimes it'll ask the last 4 digits of the persons phone number that you are sending it to. While this is a great feature to assure it's going to the correct person, we don't always know the person's phone number that it's linked to, although it does give an option to bypass this step.

Elena
Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Fast. Safe. Confident - guaranteed.

Comments: Being a non-profit organization, Border Town Betties Pinup Social Club was - just like many other similar organizations - hit hardly by covid restrictions and cancellation. Naturally, we've transferred most of our activities and events online. Those of course included raffles, online auctions, donations and also funds from our charity sales. Venmo helped us successfully provide our supporters a convenient, easy and (what's the most important at the times of pandemics) safe and totally contactless way to pay for merchandise or donate to support a charity cause. We have an absolutely solid peace of mind, knowing that we can always rely on Venmo customer support when it comes to keeping track of all transactions, keeping our customers data safe and answering really fast to whatever concerns might appear. I personally think Venmo is a really useful innovation which improves lives of small business owners and saves them tons of time and nerves.

Pros:

I like how easy Venmo is to operate and use, how much the developers put into users' sensitive data safety, fraud protection and guaranteed timely and prompt transactions. It's easy to use and fairly priced, perfect for a small business in our trying times.

Cons:

I would like to see a credit line or other similar products available from Venmo. I would also like to have an opportunity of shared savings account and other banking products from this company.

Aaron
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Venmo offers and quick and easy way to send and receive money, but has questionable privacy

Comments: Beyond the privacy issues, Venmo is really easy to use and a fairly good experience. If it was not for the fact that transactions are made public by default, I would easily recommend Venmo to everyone.

Pros:

Venmo makes it really easy to send and receive money to friends, family and businesses. The setup is relatively painless, especially if your bank supports "Plaid" verification (otherwise you will need to manually enter your bank account info and wait a day or two for verification). Venmo also support sending/receiving payment via credit cards or debit cards, but with a 3% processing fee. In addition, Venmo supports business profiles (as by default, theoretically, your profile is for personal use only).

Cons:

The absolute biggest downside to Venmo is its questionable privacy policies and settings. By default, all of your transactions are made public, anyone who knows your username can see what transactions you have made (both sending and receiving). You can change these settings, but Venmo makes it unnecessarily difficult - first you need to change your privacy settings to "private," making all of your future transactions private; second you need to make all of your past payments private, as even by changing your settings to "private" this will only affect future transactions. Perhaps more troubling is that Venmo largely hides its privacy policies. Business profiles are nice, as to make it more "legitimate," but they do come at a cost of 1.9% + 10¢ per transaction. This is fairly typical, but it is always frustrating that the same service is free for personal use but not for business use.

Sandra
Nurse in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Quick and convenient payment

Comments: My take is Venmo is safe,but with everything online there will always be risks,I realize that the world is evolving and most transactions are done online.Venmo offers more pros than cons and as long as you know how to use your settings and know how to keep yourself and information safe online,this is a great place to do all your online shopping or share bill payments with friends and family.In my opinion banking online is the way of the future.

Pros:

Venmo is accepted at many merchants around the world,It is so easy to link your bank and its a lot safer for purchasing online products,especially if you are unsure of the company or unfamiliar with the company.very quick and convenient payments.It's great if you are making extra money online because it give you a way of receiving a payment for on-linejobs.There is no monthly fee and you are not charged for using it so, you can add money from your bank account without the extra fee.It is safe and you never have to worry about security because they have measures in place to protect your privacy.If your planning to get into bitcoin,its a great way to start,its accepted there as well.Anyone can use it,its easy to download and deploy,great for any age.

Cons:

As with anything there is always a down side.Venmo does charge a fee to send money through credit cards, a rate of 3% as well as a charge to transfer money from Venmo to your bank account.Customer service can be a bit of a problem if you have a discrepancy,you have to get pass the Bot system to speak to a human.I have found that you have to adjust your privacy setting to make sure your information is not compromised.another con to using Venmo is unlike a bank you do not earn interest.There is no international transaction,so you have to be aware of what you can and cannot do to make sure you do not have to deal with support and there is no payment protections.

Daniel
Teacher in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees

The Best Peer to Peer Money Transferring App!

Comments: Venmo makes small money transactions much faster and easier than with any app before. I've used it almost daily, and I can't say I've run into any issues or long wait times. I can't even rate their customer service, because I've never had an error or a transaction mistake in the entire 4-5 years I've used it. From paying rent to splitting the dinner bill with friends, this app makes money transactions easier than ever.

Pros:

Venmo is quick, easy, and accessible. Users can very quickly set up an account, connect their card or bank information, and start sending money to friends and family! The app is very fast, without requiring too many clicks or menu navigation to quickly send or receive money. It can also transfer to your bank account in just a few days for free, or it can be expedited for a small fee.

Cons:

There really aren't many cons with Venmo. I would say one concern that users may want to look into is that if they use a credit card instead of bank information as their primary source of money, the app will charge extra fees. This is a minor complaint, but I've known a few users who had been unaware of this and were paying a fee for each transaction.

Crystal
Cashier in US
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Easiest way to send money!

Comments: Overall I have had a great experience with Venmo. This was one of the only apps who accepted and linked to my prepaid bank card. Most softwares would require you to have a bank account to send and receive money. Venmo is super easy and accessible. They have saved me so many times where I had an emergency and needed to have my mom send me $ ASAP. I still use this app weekly to this day!

Pros:

I use this app to pay my rent and to send money to friends and family. There is a really cool feature that allows me to decide if I need my money right now for a small fee or in 3-5 business days for no fee. I have never came across an issue to where the instant transfer did not go through. I can't tell you how important it is to get your money ASAP when you have an emergency and Venmo always came through for me! It's so easy to manage I was able to teach my mom over the phone how to manage the software.

Cons:

Recently the fee's for this app have gone up. I don't like that they are basing it off how much you are sending/receiving. It should be the same fee overall. Increasing the fee just makes me want to use the free money transfer apps such as Zelle. Also instead of rewarding users for sending money and using the app, they have a limit. For example if I send $ more than 5 times a week they start adding an additional fee.