15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Esper

Esper enables next-gen device management for company- managed iOS and Android tablets, kiosks, smartphones, edge devices, and more.

Learn more about Esper

Pros:

It is incredibly easy to use as it can be accessed on any device and everything about it functions really well.

Cons:

The is no ability to download logs for certain devices. So it's hard to find an error when customer reports.

Esper ratings

4.6
4.3
4.4
4.5

8.8/10

Esper has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 47 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Esper before?

Daniel
Daniel
Development Manager/Software Architect in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

It Just Works + Top Tier Support

Comments: We looked at two other solutions and what stood out to us about Esper is the level of support we got during the evaluation process. Since we've signed on as a full time customer the level of support has only gotten better. I've been working in the software industry just shy of 25 years and I've never gotten support like this from a vendor. Not only are they highly knowledgable when it comes to low level Android details they're willing to go the extra mile to make sure things work for you.

Pros:

The agent is easy to install and has a lot of different options for install. The management tool lets us see what is going on across different deployment groups. We have the power to partially roll out new versions, make sure they are working for our customers, then complete the rollout. The visibility into the user experience is great and we love the ability to see what the user is seeing on their devices.

Cons:

We haven't found any downsides yet. It just works.

Jeremy
Clinical Trial Coordinator in US
Research, 11–50 Employees

Esper is Epic

Pros:

Esper’s Mobile Device Management (MDM) software stands out in a crowded market, outshining competitors with its exceptional ease of use and seamless deployment across numerous devices. It was remarkably straightforward to navigate through the software’s features and efficiently implement it on a large scale, making the initial phase of device management a breeze. The ease with which the system can be deployed to a plethora of devices is truly unmatched, illustrating that when it comes to practical functionality, no other competitor does it better.It used to take an hour to setup and deploy a single device. With Esper I could setup well over a hundred devices in 20 minutes. My mind was blown.

Cons:

The pricing structure of Esper leaves room for improvement, particularly when considering the scaling of operations from a few hundred to a couple of thousand devices. This concern was voiced during the pilot trial, yet the response has been lackluster. Additionally, after committing to a year-long contract, there was a noticeable decline in customer service responsiveness, leaving questions and concerns unaddressed. The lack of follow-up from the sales representative, especially after significant financial commitments were made, added a layer of disappointment to the experience. This has led to uncertainty about continuing with Esper, with considerations for developing an in-house solution due to the gaps in customer engagement and the need for more competitive pricing packages.And what about new innovative features???? I think we could do better here.

Ameen
Managing director in United Arab Emirates
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Usage

Comments: Amazing

Pros:

Everything about the inventory management and user friendly

Cons:

A bit pricey at times but the offers sometimes make up for it

Matthew
IT Project & Special Operations Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Esper

Comments: Esper makes the setup and support of our (Android) devices much easier.

Pros:

When I discovered Esper, I was manually setting up our devices, one device at a time. No matter the steps I took, I could never seem to get two devices to setup the the same exact way. One of the biggest benefits that I have found with Esper is the ability to setup a provisioning template so that every tablet is setup the same way, every time. I can also setup multiple devices at the same time without having to keep up with what step I was one for each of the devices.When the pandemic took much of the office work force to remote, I also needed a way to support our users using devices as part of their daily activities. Esper gave me a way to access the device and use it remotely, being able to see what the user saw, but also being able to interact with the device. This feature has greatly improved my ability to support these devices.

Cons:

I do wish the messaging feature in Esper worked better. As of right now, it is clunky and confusing to use.Also, with Esper having an API available, I wish that that would develop it for Zapier (and other Cloud API companies) to give admins a way to further integrate Esper with other applications.

App Support Implementation Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Esper is powerful and easy to use

Comments: We are supporting operators who own and manage micromarkets. Esper enables us to monitor their market kiosks and make sure they stay connected to process cashless transactions. With it, we also have the ability to initially set up our kiosk market app and prepare it for launch for our customers.

Pros:

I love how we can keep our customer kiosks organized and easy to find when we need to troubleshoot them. Being able to remote in and easily navigate the kiosk to configure settings and verify functionality enables us to support our customers and resolve issues quickly. I also like the visibility of power and connectivity on the information page so that we can see the status of the units before we remote in.

Cons:

Some settings on the Samsung OS are reset when we send a remote reboot to the tablet. It would be more efficient for our team if those settings were maintained through the reboot.

Alexander
Client Support Director in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11–50 Employees

Esper is Amazing

Comments: I'm able to fix all technical support errors or bad experiences our clients have, people is still oldschool, so with remove viewer we can do everything with them and guide them too

Pros:

Since we work with many deivces and we need to keep track of them, their software update, applications management and everything else that involves control of it became so easy to do while using esper and their management tools

Cons:

Probably more alerts that are triger by erros on the app

Dilip kumar
Customer Service Associate in India
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Esper usefulness in support domain

Comments: Using Esper on daily basis for updating software and rebooting devices.

Pros:

Easy to install software. Easy to understand process. Screenshot capturing feature.

Cons:

Pushing a software some time takes more time than usual.

Rodolfo
Tecnico en Soporte in Chile
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Helps Keeps control of the devices

Comments: Its been key to aour proyect, cause we can control devices cuantity and functionability

Pros:

We can keep track of where are the divices, control whats aps the devices have or not. Know haw many are online to maintain devices funtionality

Cons:

In some android versions its hard to keep control

Giovanni
Customer Success Representative in Mexico

Rushable INC.

Comments: Overall we are satisfied with esper, having control of our customers tablet help us provide better customer service.

Pros:

We like being able to connect to our customers tablets to help guide them on the usage and correct mistakes they might come across.

Cons:

A feature we would like is being able to always change between administrator and user on the tablet.

Landon
Technical Consultant in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Best in class MDM solutino

Comments: Overall experience using Esper has been awesome! We love it!

Pros:

I love that the MDM allows both viewing and remote access to our customers products. The remote access is in real time and it is as if you were in front of the device.

Cons:

I would say the provisioning part is a little complex, but once you get the templates down, it is smooth as butter.

Riley
Support Operations in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

A good product with a better future in store

Pros:

Has been an astronomical help when troubleshooting with our customers regarding all deployed hardware. Before, we had no great way of launching app updates, running diagnostics, or viewing real-time issues without visiting our customers in person.

Cons:

I would argue that some of the functionality still needs improvement. In some cases, we find that we cannot 100% rely on the commands we launch through Esper, and instead need to confirm with customers. Hardening these core flows would be extremely useful to our team.

Prince
Implementation Support in India
Commercial Real Estate Software, 501–1,000 Employees

User Friendly

Comments: it's is very user friendly app easy to use

Pros:

we have mostly like of this software it's very user friendly and very easy to use and MDM is very easy to configure and enroll the device via email and QR as well and we have also download the daily report and also we can check device health battery pesanteg.

Production Management in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Great Endpoint management software

Comments: I've been pleased overall with the software compared to some others that I have tried.

Pros:

Over this is a great software that gives visibility and control of all of your devices

Cons:

The software can sometimes lag behind and not be immediately responsive to the devices.

Bhavin
Android Developer in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Best MDM I have ever used

Pros:

Remote viewing ability, configuration management, ease of use

Cons:

Sometimes the app updates constantly fails for no reason. Need more features in Esper SDK.

Arpit
Shift Lead in India
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Highly recommended

Comments: Update the build.Connect payment deviceChange backend settings.

Pros:

Remote control of device. All details a user want.

Cons:

Time of remote control should be increased.

senthil
manager in India
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent product But required some tune ups

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Manageability is good and easy to handle the devices.

Cons:

Log management and scheduling of powering on or off.

Justyn
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Best Device Management Solution for Android (kiosk mode as well!)

Comments: Esper excels at Android Device Management, at a fair price! They are super responsive and have a great customer support team, the dev team is second to none. I am truly impressed. On top of the technology, I was drawn to Esper's flexible pricing options. The solution helped with locking down our tablets to a Kiosk mode effectively and to fine-tune​ our devices to meet our business requirements.

Pros:

The ability to provision and enroll devices with Esper is seamless and fast with QR and/or Zero Touch Provisioning. Their plethora of features help us achieve all tasks easily through their intuitive and simple user interface, especially their Remote Diagnostics feature, which helps control and debug all our devices without having to physically be present. Esper also secures all our devices in the field.

Cons:

The solution is limited to Android. My only reason for giving four stars: new features are just around the corner. The company is growing and adding features I need with every release.

Esper Response

4 years ago

Hi Justyn, Thanks for such a detailed review. We are happy to be working with you!

Sean
IT Manager in South Africa
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Esper great value for money, beating comparable competitors

Comments: Really happy with the product. We have used other MDM products an none have achieved what Esper has, for a fraction of the cost.

Pros:

Once initial deployment method was understood, deployment was simple.The product limits devices exactly as we expected & required, very pleased with our choice to use Esper.

Cons:

Initial deployment could be made simpler.

Madhan
Senior Implementation Support Executive in India
Commercial Real Estate Software, 201–500 Employees

Esper

Comments: Quick and Good response for the support team.

Pros:

It is easy to configure the device and easy to access and monitor the device data.

Cons:

Required the data of all the devices battery status on monthly basis.

Manuel Fernando
Customer Success Representative in Mexico
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Great tool for customer support

Pros:

I love how you can remotely connect to the device and be able to remotly control it.

Cons:

Sometimes it will not let us remotely connect to the tablet or takes a while to load.

Dar
Senior IT Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

Esper Makes Android Management and Deployment a Breeze

Comments: It's been great. Can't imagine using a different solution to manage my fleet of Android devices.

Pros:

I love the UI - super easy to navigate and understand. Deployment of new devices to blueprints is very easy. Great integration with Google Play. Love the ability to upload your own apps.

Cons:

Took a lot of time and effort to get the full whitelist for our firewall. Initial provisioning kept failing due to incomplete whitelist.

Kelly
Patient Care Coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Esper make my job 10 times easier and is an essential tool for my day to day

Comments: I had to do my job for years without Esper and it was painful! I am so happy to have this tool available for my day to day job.

Pros:

It is very user friendly, easy to navigate and check our patients status or assist with issues

Cons:

It can be a bit delayed at times, but this may be more from internet limitations than the program itself.

Vatsal
Customer Support in India
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use Remote Management Software.

Comments: Satisfactory.

Pros:

Easy to use Remote Management Software. Easy Application Install and Reinstall.

Cons:

Delays. When multiple commands are sent for Build Install - Reinstall, instead of overriding previous command, they show still trying the commands from earlier which causes delay while updating a software.

Sonu
Product Implementation in India
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Esper User

Comments: Good.

Pros:

Emails Triggered when the devices are offline.

Cons:

New suggestions/features requests from the consumers takes very long to get implemented.

Harsh
Customer Support Associate in India
Restaurants, 201–500 Employees

Technical work easier.

Pros:

The devices are easy to access, and tasks are made easier as well.

Cons:

It makes it easy to access the devices and to accomplish tasks.