• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About Power Diary

Practice management software that provides everything you need to streamline your health clinic.

Learn more about Power Diary

Jordan j. P.
Personal Trainer/Brand Ambassador
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-04

"Personal Trainer(s) Appointment Portal"

Comments: All personal trainers appointments in one place. Payment processing makes it easy for clients to pay for their personal training sessions. Clients profile details are located in this app. Makes it easy for personal trainers to refer to specific client.

Pros: I keep track of multiple personal trainers in one portal. Clients book online. Clients can process their personal training payments online. Power Diary shows every personal trainers available time slots.

Cons: Need note security. One personal trainer should not be able to see another personal trainers client notes.

by Power Diary on 2019-12-15

Thanks for the great review Jordan! With the Notes access - if you go to Setup > Users and untick "Access all Client Session Notes" for your users then they won't be able to access other PT's client notes. - Damien

• Reviewed on 2019-12-04
John P.
Osteopath
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-30

"Not too bad, with potential"

Comments: Overall it isn't too bad, Notes are quite good. And staff are good.
However, it does remain a very restrictive platform with multiple irritating imperfections. They are keen to listen and let you know they are making changes, but the role out is extremely slow and slightly disappointing following the long wait. They have the potential to be very good if they implemented the changes they say they would do, but sometimes get they feel they are complacent with their product.

Pros: Support is good in that staff to try their best to help quickly with the availability they have. Have some good features e.g notes. It can be a cheaper option if you avoid using SMS. (This is where they make up the difference.)

Cons: They take a very long time to implement changes, yet they can implement changes fast if need to such as adding telehealth during COVID 19 in a week (if they didn't they would have lost business). They discussed intake forms since I started a year ago (and has been a popular demand by many users) and still just talk of it happening, yet keep you hooked by saying coming in a few months. They make their money on SMS so be careful , never known SMS to be so expensive.
They recently did a user interface facelift with new features. It is still quite dated compared to competitors and you're restricted to what you can do. They could do with a graphics designer or ergonomic designer on their team.

by Power Diary on 2020-04-15

Thanks John. The Online Forms have taken longer than initially anticipated, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with complacency - in fact quite the opposite. Our online forms are built on our Client Portal platform. During dev we identified there were some emerging limitations with the technology we had been using for the Client Portal. We decided that instead of building another feature on top of it, we should instead rebuild the Client Portal first using more flexibility technology, and then build the Online Forms using that. It's a 'get the foundations right first' type decision. Whilst not glamorous, this approach has ongoing, long-term benefits for all our users. The Client Portal has now been rebuilt and released, and the Online Forms function is in final stages of pre-Beta testing. Re SMS: these are middle-range for pricing. We use an enterprise-grade gateway that is very reliable. There are some cheaper, less reliable providers but we will never use them.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-30
Sally C.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-12

"Power Diary, my business partner"

Comments: Power Diary is my virtual business partner!
As a sole trader I need a CRM that I can trust, one that gives me the functionality necessary to manage my diary, client communications and financial reporting. PD gives me all this plus insights, trends and the ability to view my business from every angle, and help inform direction and investment.

Pros: Central depositary for all client data
Automated client messages
Financial reporting
Personalisation functionality
Customer service excellence

Cons: Understanding how the data input effects the reporting output. Getting the set up right is worth taking the time from the outset.

by Power Diary on 2019-07-16

Thanks so much for your review. We're very happy you refer to Power Diary as your "business partner"! Do let us know if you need any assistance with getting the reports set up as our team will be happy to help.

Amanda J.
Principal Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-20

"PowerDiary"

Comments: It has definitely helped manage my client files and is a huge improvement on a manual system. The ability to create a note template has saved me heaps of time and improves the quality of my note taking. Time has also been saved by being able to process Medicare claims online and the integration with Stripe has helped especially with cancellation fees and when adolescents attend without the paying parent.

Pros: Best aspects are integration with Medicare and Stripe. Also the ability to create templates is really handy. Being able to create a template for notes is also a big bonus.

Cons: Limitations on the fields you can merge in templates, the reports you can create and data you can export. Also, the online booking functionality is quite limited. It would be great if the client was able to complete intake information directly into the system. I currently have to use a separate piece of software to generate an online form to capture all of this information and then manually enter it into the system.

by Power Diary on 2019-08-22

Thanks for the review Amanda. You'll be pleased to know that online forms are on the way! With data exports if you go to Tools > Data export you can export any (or all) data from your account. Similarly, the Reports you can customise the data to be included in a report, and then sort, group, export to excel or print the report. If you click on Help in your account and search 'Reports' you'll see some How To articles on this. We can also take you through a live one-on-one tutorial on these features if that'd be helpful. Just let us know and one of our Support Team members will organise it with you. Thanks again - Damien

• Reviewed on 2019-08-20
Prakash R.
Physiotherapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-29

"Best value for money and very convenient"

Comments: Have used powerdiary since 2015 lot better than other providers in terms of service delivery

Pros: 1 Mobile support is very handy at times.
2 Medicare online billing and credit card support is outstanding which avoids late payments.
3 Customized user setups are very handy.

Cons: 1 Down server at times without prior warning especially on busy weekdays.
2 Could have improved with the browsing buffer rate by using better bytes per ratio capabilities.

by Power Diary on 2019-06-04

Thanks for your review Prakash. You'll be pleased to know we have addressed the issue that caused those couple of recent database lockups. We know any disruption, even if only for a couple of minutes can have a significant impact for our customers. The issue was an inefficient query that did not perform well when run at scale - this has now been resolved. - Damien

James D.
Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 Employees

"Power Diary Review"

Comments: Excellent! Very happy. Saves me enough time to make private practice worth while.

Pros: It’s just practical... it takes care of Medicare and DVA, it manages my invoices and when ever I have a problem I can just call the support team.

Cons: I work alongside my peers in the same building under the same brand but we keep our businesses separate. So I’d like it to talk to my colleagues in practice, but without sharing the finance component. That’s not easy to set up which is a pain.

by Power Diary on 2019-05-29

Thanks for your review James. Saving practitioner's time is one of our key goals so it's great to hear Power Diary is delivering this for you. Thanks for your feedback on the financials too. One option if your businesses operate separately would be to split your combined account into separate accounts. We can help with this and can also set you up with a special login system which would enable each of you to access each other's accounts, but remain in control the level of access. This is normally used by call centres, but would work for you also. If you're interested in this just let our Support team know on [email protected] - Damien

Jacinta S.
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-13

"Easy to use and so many features"

Comments: We have solved all our timetabling difficulties and sharing information dilemmas easily.

Pros: I love that you can do so many things in one program. You can schedule clients, set up automatic texts, send emails and letters, invoicing, store files and so much more. For a small private practice it's great to be able t add multiple users and write our progress notes straight in the one place. We can access stored files for shared clients and you can access it from so many places. Also love how easy it is to get help when things go wrong :)

Cons: That the view keeps changing (It's great that you can switch things around though and that it isn't changed all at once). Other than that everything is great!

by Power Diary on 2019-07-16

Thanks for your review Jacinta! Great to hear that Power Diary is providing all the functionality you need to run your practice! Yes, we do keep changing things and I know that can be disconcerting sometimes but it's all in the name of improvement! Hopefully you like the changes once you get used to them.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-13
Todd W.
Director/ Remedial Massage Therapist
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-29

"Power diary is perfect!"

Comments: I had a couple of issues early on but the support team fixed them promptly and couldn't be more helpful with any inquiry that I have had.

Pros: The decline in missed appointments thanks to the automated SMS system

Cons: At the start it was the note taking ability but since signing up it has evolved into the easiest notes to record

Sophie E.
Speech pathologist

"Powerfully professional"

Comments: The reports are good! I need to utilise this more, and I love the ease of doing notes. As I said before the support you get is amazing.

Pros: The HELP! You guys are amazing.. if you are ever querying anything, the help is immediate.
I like the set out for the diary. The constant updates that make everything that little bit easier.

Cons: I’m finding the templates hard to set up eg, how to make my invoices look better.
On one occasion my patient receivers 16 reminder messages as I just put her in the day before. She was fine but sometimes there are just little glitches that you fix up as soon as I notify you.

by Power Diary on 2019-06-03

Thanks for the lovely review Sophie! Sorry about the multiple reminders issue. I'm pleased to say the cause of that incident has been identified and addressed :) - Damien

Kristyna B.
Remedial Massage Therapist/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-12

"Power Diary and Your Body Wellness - A Love Story"

Comments: Power Diary has helped me stay in contact with my clients and reduce no shows with the ability to automate reminders. I can easily do targeted marketing by accessing reports. I have been able to isolate diary users for two rooms I hire out sessionally. It has definitely been a factor in my business growth.

Pros: Power diary is ever evolving and responsive to the needs of therapists. I have always found the customer service team to be helpful and quick to respond. Each evolution has made the ease of use increase. Yay!!

Cons: Probably the colour palate if I was being super fussy...

by Power Diary on 2019-06-15

Thanks for the great review Kristyna! Love the title :)

- Damien

P.S. We've been thinking the colour palate needs some tweaks too - it's coming soon.

• Reviewed on 2019-06-12
Lee P.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

"Excellent product"

Comments: Excellent - and customer services have always been very helpful

Pros: We use this to run our daily appointments and to invoice our clients. It is a superb facility and helps us keep on top of everything. We particularly like that it sends out appt reminders to clients and helps us control bookings

Cons: Not really a con but more of a suggestion - it would be extremely useful if it was possible to create estimates through the system as well - sometimes we have to produce a quote before the job is accepted and it would be brilliant if this could be done in PD and later switched into an invoice to keep everything consistent.

by Power Diary on 2019-07-19

Hi Lee, Glad to hear Power Diary is helping you keep on top of everything. Thanks for your suggestion (adding it now!) and for your lovely review.
-- Fiona

Steve J.
Principal Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-07

"Great Office management software"

Comments: Power Diary provides us with a great calendar system, sms reminders for client appointments, financial management of client invoices all covered as is link to Stripe!

Pros: Versatile, many different options, ease of use, links to google calendar, fantastic support for any problems encountered

Cons: can get a bit pricey when more than 8 calendars used. Also, when all diaries are displayed, it is very difficult to view each

by Power Diary on 2020-02-10

Hi and thanks so much for taking the time to review Power Diary. We really value your feedback.
In regards to viewing many calendars, have you tried using Groups to see a subset of these at once? (Also a bigger screen can help!)

All the best, Fiona

• Reviewed on 2020-02-07
John M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

"Review"

Pros: Autosave notes function, online bookings, cloud based

Cons: Reports. Lacks easily accessed simple data or graphs for common reports. Everything seems to need to be downloaded to excel, manipulated and then hopefully you find what you want. Unuser friendly and very time-consuming.

by Power Diary on 2019-05-30

Hi John, Thanks for your review! I have passed on your 5 Star rating for Support to the team as well. If there are any specific reports you are after please let us know. We add any commonly requested reports (or features) to the system so we're always interested in feedback.

Tiffany E.
Occupational Therapist

"Easy on the eye"

Comments: Great that it can be accessed via phone, ipad, computer and I can see it anywhere !

Pros: Powerdiary is very colourful and has a great layout which makes it easy to use. I love how you can have different colours for different services. It makes organising my day 10x easier.
I am also really impressed at some of the new features it has, such as letter templates.

Cons: They do make changes regularly to the layout or design. It can be hard to adjust when you are used to a certain way!

Peter H.
Myotherapist

"Good basic software"

Comments: We use it every day its good, I just don't know how to fully use it

Pros: I like that it is clean and easy to use.

Cons: No pain diagram
More training to learn how to use all features

by Power Diary on 2019-06-04

Hi Peter, Thanks for your review. You'll be pleased to know we'll soon be adding a large library of note templates, so you'll be able to use these in addition to adding your own. Also we offer free one-on-one online training to help you get the most out of your Power Diary account. Just let us know when it suits you ([email protected] or via chat) and we'll setup a time. - Damien

Margaret A.
Nurse Practioner

"Power Diary review"

Comments: My business could not function without this program. It enables our staff to work any where. Simply copy and paste notes into other programs as required to meet documentation standards. The initial training and followup helps us customise power diary to meet our business needs.

Pros: Ease of use for multiple employees to review the records.
Feedback letters.
Customise the program to suit the business
Reports to monitor the business effectiveness

Cons: So many functions and unsure if all were necessary until we came more familiar with the program.

by Power Diary on 2019-07-19

Thanks so much for your review, Margaret! Great to hear Power Diary is helping your business expand and allowing people to work from anywhere!
-- Fiona

Judy B.
Remedial massage therapist

"Best Decision"

Comments: No more hardcopy diary... it's been a god send using such a fabulous electronic diary and management software

Pros: It's so essy to use. Does everything from the appointments to invoices, to the report for my accountant at the EOFY.

Cons: If you accidentally hit back, it exits the software ...

by Power Diary on 2019-07-19

Hi Judy, glad to hear that you're free of the hardcopy diary! Thanks for your lovely review.
--Fiona

Todd W.
Physiotherapy Owner

"Power Diary"

Comments: As a Physiotherapist, Power Diary satisfies all my requirements.

Pros: 50% off start-up offer.
Ease of use.
Mobile online diary system.
Track of payments for tax/BAS purposes.
Prompt customer service, and easily resolved queries.

Cons: There is none.
No experience with other software to compare to.

Julie G.
Podiatrist

"The full package"

Comments: The fact it sends texts the day before to patients has reduced non attendance. I can access it on my phone which is great for when someone calls when I'm not in the office.
Syncs with xero to make my accounting easy.

Pros: The diary and billing all together. All the patient information is at your fingertips.

Cons: Sometimes you accidently move appointments especially in phone mode.

by Power Diary on 2019-07-16

Thanks for your lovely words, Julie. Love that you refer to Power Diary as the "full package"!

Therese R.
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-11

"great for managing group therapy"

Comments: excellent customer service

Pros: it's easy to manage group sessions and the only software I found that allows this function.

Cons: would like to be able to run the group name changes through, but i think this is upcoming development

• Reviewed on 2019-06-11
Tracey T.

"Easy to Use Software"

Comments: Electronic text message reminders with the option to cancel sessions enables me to provide additional appointments to students on the waiting list. The automatic and easy options for invoicing has streamlined the time taken to create end of month invoicing. Power Diary has many other features which I am yet to discover.

Pros: Electronic text message reminders
Invoicing software options.

Cons: Too many pages to scroll through to access the notes section

Katina T.
Cbt therapist

"Straightforward , professional"

Comments: It’s the most economical with great features, would be even better if the cons were resolved !

Pros: Invoicing with ease, really like being able to email invoices which have been attached to emails, easy to use with good functionality,
Good having the chat function
Also system is reliable

Cons: Emailing from yahoo account doesn’t always reach clients this is a particular problem if they’re waiting for a email from me!
Would be great if you could send automated questionnaires which upload into patients file l

by Power Diary on 2019-07-19

Hi Katina, Thanks for your review. Glad to hear you like the invoicing functionality, and the ability to chat with our team! If you haven't already, please contact our team about your emailing issues. We also have some plans in the pipeline relating to new client forms! Stay tuned!

Alanda T.
Clinical Psychologist

"Quick and Easy"

Comments: But support is excellent so that really helps with the initial hurdle.

Pros: Makes payments and Medicare rebates so simple and fast you might rethink your need for an admin assistant. I did.

Cons: Setting it up is tiresome and getting familiar with procedures is hard

by Power Diary on 2019-07-16

Hi Alanda, Thanks so much for your lovely review. Glad to hear Power Diary has made your payments and Medicare rebates a lot faster!

Mark C.
Webmaster
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-06

"Our Team Loved This software"

Comments: Overall I would tell anyone was was working in the health, nutrition field, looking to transition from a pen and paper to online to use this software. If they have the business to support the need, this is a great first step.

Pros: Our team was looking for a software that gave them the ability to share notes with one another and the big thing was sharing meal plans. The ability to upload those things and share with clients was a game changer and allowed clients and coaches to share information easily.

Cons: This software was great, the integration with all of the application we used, the calendars, the reminders, the text messaging and the templates were an amazing addition.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-06
Gerry M.
Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-30

"Great service. Always get back to me quickly and very helpful."

Comments: Great

Pros: Easy to use. Simple. Great service
Confidential

Cons: I’ve had a couple if small issues sending invoices from my email