15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Plutio

One app to manage your entire business.

Learn more about Plutio

Pros:

I like we can integrate payment getaway with stripe.

Cons:

It was a little difficult to get things set up initially, but the software has evolved so much since then that I doubt new users feel that way.

Plutio ratings

4.7

8.7/10

Plutio has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 160 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Plutio before?

CEO in US

Yes, you should get it.

Comments: Here is an honest review of Plutio. I have been a user of Plutio for my business since December 23, 2017. I run a marketing company, and I always struggled to find a system that worked well for my business. Once I found Plutio, it was in its just-released stage of life, and as you can imagine, there were a few things that didn’t work the way you would think it might. However, this is the actual review; when you have an issue or are faced with a problem in the system, the team that works for Plutio will bend over backward for you to help make it right. In my experience with many companies over the years, there are good and bad. I know that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his fantastic team at Plutio are there when I need them. The customer service is better than 95% of the other companies I have worked with in the past. The system is always improving; they are not the type that builds something and works to fix it regularly while taking your money NO! They release updates and new features all the time. In summary, if you are trying to find that one great system to help you manage your business, QUIT looking at reviews. You found it! You would have to be an idiot not to use this team. They are absolutely the best in the market and great people to boot. In your service,
Michael Bridges
Digital Venture LLC.
Digitalventuredesign.com

Pros:

Dependability Easy to Use Integrations Automation

Cons:

There is really nothing that I do not like about this product.

Alfredo
Alfredo
Founder & Consultant in Panama
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Simple but complete portal for your project collaborators and clients

Comments: Right now I’ve been using it with my collaborators with no issues to test things out before inviting clients. I’ve been sending proposals to clients and it has helped close deals.

Pros:

I‘ve been able to unify different sales tools to handle tue process of capturing prospects info, creating proposals for them and then creating all the project management boards for follow up. Having used more advanced and powerful software such as clickup, I can see the value in providing a more simple portal for clients and collaborators. There is a lot of features still pending, but the team seems responsive and keeps working to make a better platform. Integrations through their api, zapier and integromat can fill the gaps on functionality.

Cons:

My main issues with Plutio are incomplete/incorrect Spanish translations, certain bugs that require workarounds or reloading the page, and mainly a lack of native import functions. The last one can be worked around using zapier/integromat but it still requires you to set things up or pay for these extra services depending on how many records you will be working.

Karina
Teaching Consultant in UK
Education Management, Self Employed

Powerful, but unreliable

Comments: Almost really good, but the bugs and occasional customer facing errors were too much and eventually I jumped ship to another product that's not quite as powerful but is super reliable.

Pros:

Pluto has most things that you need to run a one person business all under one roof. It has great task and project management tools, collaboration with clients, contract signing, billing, forms etc.

Cons:

Sometimes the team will make changes to the product that are not backwards compatible, without warning. New features are often buggy when first released. The quality control and testing seems lacking.

Yann
Yann
Podcasting Consultant in Finland
Online Media, Self Employed

The "Swiss army knife" for online business owners

Comments: Plutio has probably been the tool I use the most for my business. It's incredible how much it can do! Using one tool instead of 5-6 is a lifesaver both in terms of winning some time back (because you don't have to switch from tool A to tool B all the time) and saving some $ on subscriptions.

Pros:

When I came across Plutio, it claimed to be the one (and only) platform/tool one could use to run his/her business. I have to say that, for what I've seen so far, Plutio really delivers on the claim! I'm a big fan of this "centralized hub" aspect, the ability to manage different parts of your business with one tool (which, thanks to the mobile app, you could leverage even with nothing but your smartphone).

Cons:

The inability to easily change the view of a project board (this is a feature available in other project management tools)

Kim
Founder/Creative Director in US

Excellent business management software

Comments: I started as a one-woman operation and have tried more than 50 apps. I've used multiple tools to patch together solutions for all of my needs. Plutio has allowed me to bring everything related to running my business into one platform, and has made it easy to grow and scale as I have added team members. They're actually EXCITED to use it.

Pros:

Plutio's interface is clean and easy to navigate without being flashy or cumbersome. It's easy to create custom views or set your filters and preferences to make it work however you like. I LOVE having everything in one spot, so it's easy to manage my customer lifecycle. I can send a proposal, get a signed contract, set up payment, send forms, and do everything in one place to manage by business and my team. The development team is highly engaged, looking for user feedback and improving the product.

Cons:

Features are solid. The few things that aren't already present are on the roadmap. Sometimes support requests are answered quickly - within an hour or so, but sometimes it could be days. As Plutio grows, I hope to see additional support.

Mike
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

This porage is just right ... the perfect tool for me

Comments: My issue was finding a PM Tool that was just right-sized for what I needed. Many of the tools out there were too complex (or too pricey) for my needs. OR they just didn't work well visual. I needed a way to quickly create tasks, mark certain ones urgent, track time (in multiple ways), and group tasks on a board by project. I also needed a way to quickly see how much time I spent on a project. I will be implementing the proposals soon as well. Plutio also has invoicing, and more. I could go on, but I won't. I love PLUTIO!

Pros:

Remember Goldilocks and the 3 bears? She tried all the other bowls of porridge One was too cold, the other was too hot ... then found the one that was just right! I've tried several PM/CRM tools out there and some were bloated, too complex and others didn't have enough features. Plutio is JUST RIGHT! It is by far the best Project management tool (& mini CRM) out there for small agencies or solopreneurs. They have great support, listen to your input, and are always improving it. Thank you Leo & Plutio team.

Cons:

Any features that I could want are on their develop road map. There is no doubt that we have stuff we would like to see (like being able to run reports), but they are either working on it, or create an zap or API that allows you to connect it to other tools out there.

Nathan
Nathan
SEO Specialist in Netherlands
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Plutio is the best project management software (and more) for me

Comments: I just don't know where to start and how to not be too enthousiastic to prevent others from being disappointed. Plutio works perfectly for me due to its intuitive user interface, customisability and completeness. I'm sold people, I'm sold.

Pros:

I tried Asana, Trello and all, but they just don't work for my neurodiverse brain. So I turned to Freedcamp, which really worked well, until I got my hands on Plutio. The ease of use makes me actually WANT to work with/in Plutio, where the other tools were just tools. Plutio becomes my workspace, which really makes it work. Plutio is intuitive, flexible, customisable and very complete, as you have project management, CRM, calendar finance, (internal) communication, proposals, invoicing and even more in one platform. You can add as many clients as you like and even host it as a subdomain of your own website. This makes it professional towards your clients, also because you can use your own colour schemes. And from what I know, there will be more development, improvements and integrations, so it's going to be even better than it is already.

Cons:

So far, I have only experienced problems with my time registration, where I can't find how to edit the time. And it would be even more awesome if I could actually integrate my email, so I can work straight from Plutio and from Plutio alone (other niche specific tools and our website excluded of course).

Kristian
Kristian
Sole proprietorship in Finland
Internet, Self Employed

Plutio is very powerful and versatile

Pros:

Project managment in Kanban form, boards for every client, proposals, invoicing, client portal...I can do everything in Plutio! It's great and feature rich and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really listens to his customers and brainstorms ideas with them.

Cons:

It has a bit of a learning curve because of all the features it offers. I'd like to be able to clean it up a bit for the client view so they don't get overwhelmed by all the options.

Jeff
Jeff
Project Manager in Australia
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Finally software that works with me.

Comments: It has been a dream to use since first starting with it. We have been using 4 other products one after the other for the last year or so and they all had flaws, some more than others. Everything just works out of the box as they say and it is so easy, I have not looked anything up yet and will look into this when I have setup all our current projects.

Pros:

Setting up and managing projects is so easy, fits most industries due to its fluid design for projects. The cost is attractive when you take into account the amount of time saved for team projects. Being able to set permissions on different roles and create new ones is also a bonus. You can make the client as transparent to the project as you like with the use of the same permissions or even create different client types depending on what they need access to. File uploads work perfectly which is a welcome change.

Cons:

Would like to see the accounting features expanded, but not important to key features nor for software of this sort.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Site engineer in Bangladesh
Civil Engineering, 201–500 Employees

My work and communication makes easy with my client.

Comments: I recently started using Plutio for my freelance work. I recently start one project regarding niche website. Using Plutio my team and client share files and all related data easily. Besides we did not need training to use Plutio because it have very interactive interface. Most interesting features Plutio gives us, such as Invoicing, project management, Customer relationship management, time tracking and many more. Customer care is very active regarding user problem, i contacted several time, get response in between 1 hour.

Pros:

For small project like us, Plutio offers Invoicing, Time tracking , customer support management is very easier. Most important feature i loved that proposal sending is very interesting. They have very Fast Customer response team.

Cons:

For only project management, it may feel little bit pricy, you can overcome this matter by searching other marketplace like appsumo for offer . Actually i get cheap lifetime offer from their.

Barry
MD in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Support Doesn't Always Need A Truss Just a Great Owner

Comments: The other day I tried to be clever and change my url login from my name to the one of the business whilst also changing the login email too. You guessed it. I made a mess and I couldn't login anymore. Trying to reset the password didn't recognise the old or the new email and I didn't appear that the url had changed either. So this was one big mess on top of multiple others. We do Wordpress support and maintenance so I'm not an amateur on this. Anyway to cut to the quick Leo (The Boss) got onto it and worried the issue to death over the week. He had to do a search of the database to find that I had mistyped my login email address meaning I couldn't reset the password. It didn't help either that I had setup a trial site as well. Today I am back in and WHY? Because Leo (The Boss) is a STAR and he, well, just cares. Thank you Leo...and... I have been a customer of Plutio since 2017. Why? Because I loved the way they GET what the Freelancer really needs to run their business. They listen and since late 2017 the product has only got better and better. I have used Basecamp 2 and still use Basecamp 3 for legacy clients but they are not a patch on the flexibility and usability that Plutio delivers. First time using Support and loved the process too. Why not try the 14 day trial it will revolutionise the way you handle your clients forever. Cheers Barry Tolson

Lili
Post Wedding Specialist in Mexico
Photography, 51–200 Employees

Great Value & Customer Support

Comments: Great experience!

Pros:

It takes care of what it needs to take care of (managing freelance operations, in my case) without extra fuss or added complications in the process! I git one of the lifetime plans from AppSumo and I'm glad I did. Tracking time within it has been very helpful as well, making me realize how much I'm making per hour (which, in turn, helps me price my services better). The tool keeps evolving, and the customer support (where the actual CEO will answer your emails and address your concerns!) is great. I am using it to invoice customers, create proposals, and keep track of my active projects. More and more, the processes that I used to handle with several different tools are just grouped in Plutio making my life super easy! Love this tool and I'm sure I'll continue to use it in the years to come.

Cons:

I know there are a number of things missing but I was able to work around anything that I was not getting directly from Plutio (such as recurring invoices) via the calendar. I wish there was a way to either integrate Calendly to Plutio, or create a kind of "live" timeslot for clients to ask for meetings and calls. That and managing my emails through the app would be the only two things missing from it to make me use it 100% of the time and not even need other applications or software accesses. However, I don't mind keeping my emails apart from it since I feel it helps me pace my work better.

Elizabeth
Manager in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Plutio is GREAT

Comments: We use Plutio to track projects, send proposals, contracts and invoices.

Pros:

The very best thing about Plutio is the customization and creator support. They are always very responsive.

Cons:

Nothing! It has been great so far and watching it grow and evolve.

Marlys
Consultant & Author in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Helps me keep track of just about every task on a daily basis

Comments: I definitely wouldn't want to go back to pre-Plutio days! Plus I know there are many more features that I haven't even explored yet.

Pros:

For years I've tried to find a tool I could use for project management and to-do lists. Now that I've found Plutio, I have so much more than that! I create boards to manage my podcast episodes & interviews, events I'm organizing, products I'm developing, and so much more. It's become my "brain dump" for nearly every project on my calendar.

Clarence
Marketing Director in Malaysia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

It just gets better and better!

Comments: I got Plutio some time ago, I got to be honest that in the beginning when I got it about nearly 2 years ago, it wasn't exactly very friendly, and the learning curve is rather steep. However, they have constantly been releasing new updates and improvements for their online app that had really left a great impression on me! I personally feel that the team makes great efforts to ensure that all the issues/feedback that is provided by their clients are solved and met in a timely matter. I HIGHLY recommend Plutio for anyone who is looking forward for a good and brilliant CRM!

Pros:

I love how the software allows me to manage all the projects and tasks of my team members using a simple checklist method.

Cons:

THe learning curve of the product can be a little steep for people who aren't exactly tech savvy.

Consumer Services, Self Employed

Pluti-whoa!

Pros:

Plutio is such a great tool to be able to manage clients. It's like a Swiss army knife for my freelancing needs. Having tried a lot of quality competing products and I am stoked with Plutio's feature set, how actively developed it is and its bold roadmap. The growing list of integrations with platforms like Stripe, Zapier and Integrately are quickly making Plutio the perfect app for agencies and freelancers.

Cons:

I would like to see more integrations and prioritization on the consistent development of important features

Design, Self Employed

My new All-in-One-Software

Comments: I use Plutio to create quotes, generate invoices, for project management and as a CRM.

Pros:

Also as a freelance web designer I have to take care of quotes, invoices and project management of course. Plutio combines all this and more. I can easily create really nice quotes, customize them, store contracts, create invoices and much, much more. My clients can access their latest invoices with their own access to the client portal and actively collaborate on tasks or projects. For me, Plutio is a true all-in-one solution that combines pretty much everything I need for my back office.

Cons:

There are still a few bugs here and there, but these are mostly temporary.

Leonardo
Leonardo
Founder in Brazil
Internet, 2–10 Employees

An Essential PM Tool

Comments: I am very happy with Plutio, nothing to say

Pros:

Plutio is not just a project management tool, you can use it to manage multiple projects, send proposals that will accept digitally signed and biding contracts, send invoices, charge customers and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] even added a bot and inbox system to deal with customers. Is possible to have a customer portal and invite people to work with your project. It's a really powerful tool, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an awesome developer!

Cons:

It would be nice to have files to email, where the customer would be able to send files to us, using just the email.

Joon K
Joon K
Managing Director in Thailand

Great All-In-One Agency Management Tool

Comments: My workflow was comprised of various SaaS tools for each task, such as proposals, invoicing, project management. I had to log in to over 6-7 apps to go through my tasks. Switching to Plutio allowed me to merge all of them into one, saving my team a lot of time.

Pros:

It is very easy to set up and use. It's been around for a few years and the team is always updating and working on the platform. Everything works smoothly. All of the features, including project management, allow you to work inside one portal.

Cons:

It is very simple and basic - which is great when you are starting out. It can be difficult to scale if your processes become more complicated. Proposals and contracts are also very simple and basic, but it works.

Fabio
Fabio
Founder and Marketing Architect in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best thing I have invested in to date

Comments: I can't even explain how much of a positive impact Plutio has been to my business. The robust features have made my agency truly stand out from the crowd. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always communicative and responsive with support and updates. Looking forward to the roadmap coming to life and Plutio adding even more value to my business.

Pros:

User interface and experience Features are amazing Love the customisation abd whitelabelling Communication features so that my team and clients can streamline infomation sharing

Cons:

Can be laggy sometimes Features can't come fast enough

Co-Founder | Creative Director in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great all in one business manager for startups

Comments: We use Plutio in our agency to track our time per project (timesheets), generate recurring invoices for some clients, project management, and a lite-CRM. It does a great job of bringing all of these things under one roof, so there's only one subscription to manage ever month!

Pros:

Plutio is essentially the swiss army knife for startups. The Kanban boards are comparable to Trello, Invoicing is quite robust with payments, and recurring invoices. Time tracking per project is great, and works wonderfully for managing hourly/cost budgets. Best of all, Plutio is quite cost effective for teams, with the base package allowing up to 5 users. Even the solo/freelancer tier is very generous. The UI/UX throughout the app is also A1. All of our staff members had no issues switching over from other softwares and getting the hang of Plutio within 1 working day.

Cons:

There isn't a whole lot to dislike about Plutio. Feature-wise, it'll fall a bit short in some places when compared to standalone competitors (ex: Timesheet functionality compared to Harvest, etc.).

Omar
President in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

All in one Management system with Proposals!!

Comments: So far it has made my life so much easier with regards to managing my business and having all the relevant information in one place that easy to access via computer and mobile device

Pros:

Has nice proposal capability, can auto-generate a project with tasks, so if you do the same thing repeatedly then this is a great thing. You get notified if someone views your proposal. It lets you generate subscription invoices, lets you know when it is viewed & paid, and will auto send it, and gives you the option for recurring, weekly, monthly, etc. It also gives you the ability to invite customers and they can access the areas that you allow. You can create temples for Proposals, projects, task groups, etc. It also allows you to communicate with your customer and keeps records of all that communication, and will also add any customer replies to those communications They also have a mobile app that makes it easy forme to have access to all the information in the system

Cons:

Wish that they had more automation for proposals, such as if someone approved a proposal, then send them an email with your calendar link to set up a kick-off meeting. Also, wish they had more API options for proposals as well

Robert
Robert
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best Project Manager All-in-One period!

Comments: I not only love their software but the team behind it, owner and team are very responsive on the FB group.

Pros:

I love that I can run most of my project management and administrative tasks in one software. I love that they don't charge per user but affordable plans.

Cons:

Although they release constant improvements they should add ACH as a payment provider, this is a big feature we need.

Ama
CEO in UK

Beginnings of a Simple Indispensible Tool

Comments: It helps us to easily communicate with our clients and systemise our business.

Pros:

I like the simplicity, usefulness and power of Plutio. I use Plutio to create Projects for each of our clients, within each project, I set up tasks that need to be completed for each client in the form of trello-style cards (Trello no longer needed). Under each project/client, all our communication, tasks, invoices, files and calendar all remain in one place. We have been able to invite clients to Plutio so that all communications are kept in one place. There are more features to come and I can't wait what else Plutio will offer to support the efficiency of the client experience.

Cons:

None so far. Perhaps new features could be introduced much quicker but that's probably me being impatient.

Plutio Response

6 years ago

Thank you ever so much for your feedback Ama! We're working around the o'clock to launch new feature and improvements - thank you so much for your patience :) and promise, it will be worth the wait ;)

Serena
Designer in Singapore
Design, 2–10 Employees

Time-saver to Manage Your Business Operations

Comments: Helps to organize my business operations

Pros:

Plutio solves the most basic and important aspect of every legitimate business - tracking and organizing of business's quote/proposal and invoices. Everything under one login and the best part is the clean and intuitive interface which keeps things organized and searchable. Your business operations can be accessed using their mobile app as well, a true time-saver.

Cons:

Wish there's more automation involved in the process. eg. unsigned quotation/proposals (ocr determine or email track) will trigger an email reminder to client.